PDA

View Full Version : Bold Predictions for the 2011 Season

jrdrylie
08-13-2011, 10:21 AM
The Preseason just started, so I think it's about time we heard some bold predictions. Not Green Bay is going to win the Super Bowl or Seattle is going to suck. BOLD! So give five bold picks plus one bold homer pick.

1. Two teams from the NFC West (Arizona and St. Louis) make the playoffs.

2. Tim Tebow makes the Pro Bowl.

3. Philadelphia misses the playoffs.

4. Rex Grossman has a career year (let's say 3500-25-12) and leads Washington to 8 wins.

5. This is Andy Reid's last season as coach of the Eagles (Probably retires, unlikely fired).

Homer. Jay Cutler wins offensive player of the year (but not MVP).

vidae
08-13-2011, 11:01 AM
2. Tim Tebow makes the playoffs.

Is he being traded?

Nalej
08-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Is he being traded?

Is he an expansion team?

jrdrylie
08-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Is he being traded?

Oops... That was supposed to say Pro Bowl. My bad.

mqtirishfan
08-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Tim Tebow has no need for a team. He has Jesus.

Matthew Jones
08-13-2011, 11:40 AM
How about Mark Sanchez having a breakout year? I expect his completion percentage to shoot way up this year, and him to develop into a more consistent starter.

Thecollegedropout
08-13-2011, 12:19 PM
1) Houston Texans make the playoffs and better yet win their division. Going to (finally) ride on their bandwagon and they will finish their division at 11-5 and finish 3rd in the AFC and set themselves up in a 1st round game with Indy. Kubiak will get extended so it might not be a total win for Texans fans at the end of the day.

2) San Diego will reach the Super Bowl and represent the AFC this year.

3) Kellen Clemens gets the QB job midseason for Washington and rolls with it, being respectable at the position.

4) AJ Green will be one of 4 rookies from the 2011 NFL Draft to make the pro bowl.

5) Have a bad feeling in my gut for some strange reason but I can see the Jets finishing 10-6 and get shafted from the playoffs by seeing the Ravens and Colts take the wildcard spots.

Homer pick: Jeremy Kerley, the Jets 5th round pick, will have 2-3 punt return touchdowns this season.

ChiFan24
08-13-2011, 02:50 PM
I agree about the Texans. I think that team needed everyone to stop picking them to make the playoffs for them to actually make the playoffs. They've made enough improvements (Wade Phillips, Jonathan Joseph, Danieal Manning, JJ Watt) to make up for the fact that they're soft and their QB isn't nearly as good as most think. One and done in the playoffs though.

On the same token, the Lions will suck again. Not a bold prediction until you realize everyone is picking them to finish over .500. This isn't a homer thing either, this is just me picking against the popular "bad team that finished strong and is ready to make the next step." That team always sucks. Something about a losing team with high expectations doesn't do it for me.

The Colts will also suck. They were on the verge of sucking last year. Manning is probably going to be on PUP all preseason and all of their notable offseason additions were awful players, besides Castonzo. Even with Clark and Collie at full health, it seems like the Colts are going to try the same things they've been doing for years, but with comparatively watered down talent and opposing teams having a pretty good idea of how to beat them. Their division is stronger all around. Feels like 8-8 at best.

Starting to run out of strong opinions......St. Louis will clinch the NFC West a couple weeks early and be the good team whose final record makes them look more mediocre than they really were On the same note, San Francisco will finish a game or two back with Kaepernick winning a couple games at the end of the year.

Cam wins offensive rookie of the year with numbers similar numbers to 06 Vince Young (and similar team success). People ***** about this nonstop.

Also, Vince Young plays a few games and plays well. He lands a starting job in '12.

RaiderNation
08-13-2011, 03:04 PM
1 Matt Ryan will be this years "Aaron Rodgers" and lead his team to the superbowl

2 Raiders will makes the playoffs at 9-7

3 The Colts won't make the playoffs, while the Texans do and become contenders

4 Cam Newton will actually look decent, may even lead a 4th quarter drive for the win a couple times

5 Tim Tebow will be a starter by week 8

V.I.P
08-13-2011, 03:56 PM
1. A defensive player will have 20+ sacks.

2. Peyton Manning, will miss the playoffs.

3. Joshua Freeman is a MVP nominee.

4. Eagles don't live up to the hype!

5. Albert Haynesworth makes the pro bowl.

Homer prediction: LeGarrette Blount rushes for 1,300+ yards!

ChiFan24
08-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Someone's gonna have to explain this Raiders thing to me. Did they not lose their two best players, as well as Robert Gallery, and not even have a first round pick? Where's this improvement coming from? More Jacoby Ford? Less Bruce Gradkowski?

Also, on a more minor note, I can't think of a team more negatively affected by the new kickoff rule. Ford won't get as many opportunities, and Janikowski would have a ton of touchbacks anyway.

OSUGiants17
08-13-2011, 04:37 PM
1. Dolphins win the "Andrew Luck Sweepstakes" with the worst record in the NFL, winning only 1 game(Washington).

2. Rams win the west with a 9-7 record then make it all the way to the NFC Championship Game vs the Falcons

3. Randy Moss stays retired

4. Colts miss playoffs/Texans win AFC South, lose to Ravens in AFC championship.

5. Matt Ryan wins MVP, Jamaal Charles wins OPOY, Mario Williams wins DPOY, Julio Jones wins OROY, Nick Fairley wins DROY

6. HOMER- Victor Cruz or Ramses Barden breaks out in a big way

vidae
08-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Someone's gonna have to explain this Raiders thing to me. Did they not lose their two best players, as well as Robert Gallery, and not even have a first round pick? Where's this improvement coming from? More Jacoby Ford? Less Bruce Gradkowski?

Also, on a more minor note, I can't think of a team more negatively affected by the new kickoff rule. Ford won't get as many opportunities, and Janikowski would have a ton of touchbacks anyway.

I'd love for someone to explain it to me too.

Complex
08-13-2011, 04:49 PM
1.Mark Sanchez makes the Pro-Bowl
2.Rams make the playoffs
3.Kenny Britt leads the league in TD catches.
4.Mike Vick wins MVP
5.Randy Moss joins the eagles or Jets.

JBCX
08-13-2011, 05:07 PM

It's next to impossible for this to happen, barring injury to both Michael Vick AND Vince Young, or injury to Michael Vick and Vince Young goes crazy and AWOL or something.

There is too much talent on that team to miss the playoffs. Winning a Super Bowl is entirely different, but as long as your team has enough talent it's really hard to miss the playoffs.

Anyway, here are my predictions:

- The Pittsburgh Steelers will miss the playoffs and struggle to break .500. Everyone will talk about the Super Bowl loser's curse, but in a few years we will look back on this season as the end of an era. Troy Polamalu is getting older, Dick LeBeau can't keep coaching forever, and all of the front-line defensive starters are being replaced by recent draft picks. I don't think Pittsburgh can sustain the decade-long run of draft success they've had and this franchise will no longer be a perennial contender with the new generation of defensive players, and it starts this season. Roethlisberger and the offensive players will continue to produce, but the days of elite Pittsburgh defenses are over.

- The Indianapolis Colts will miss the playoffs and Manning's skills will begin to visibly erode. It's bound to happen eventually. Peyton Manning will begin to decline at some point, and probably sooner than later. I think it begins this season. Their offensive line was terrible last year and they are counting on two rookies to improve it this year. Manning will have a mediocre season by his standards, and the Colts will barely miss the playoffs by finishing with an 8-8 or 9-7 type of record, and look up at the Texans in the standings. And once Manning is gone, this team will sink into obscurity because they are nothing without him (Curtis Painter? No.).

- The NFC West will be won by the Rams or the Cardinals. The Seahawks and the 49ers will fight for the privilege of drafting Andrew Luck. This one's not so bold, but I'm surprised by how many people consider the Seahawks a contender for the NFC West crown. Under NO circumstances will this happen. I am extremely confident that the Seahawks will win no more than 4-5 games at most, and I am likewise confident that the Rams and the Cardinals will both have winning records and one of the two, probably the Rams, will win the division and make the playoffs.

- Either the New York Giants or the New Orleans Saints will be the team to emerge from the NFC playoff field to play in the Super Bowl. Everyone is down on the Giants in the offseason due to some losses in free agency, and a lack of interesting moves made. On the contrary, I believe this team could be one of the strongest in the league this year. The defense will be potent with a slew of new defensive stars emerging, and Eli Manning will have a career year throwing to emerging stars such as Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. Similarly, the Saints have flown under the radar, but have quietly had a stellar off-season by adding bruising power back Mark Ingram and several defensive linemen who will vastly improve their run and pass defense. This is a team that could easily regain the dominance they displayed just two years ago. Rather than the Packers or the Eagles, the 2011 Super Bowl will feature the Giants or the Saints playing against the AFC representative.

- The Packers miss the playoffs. I have a feeling about this for some reason. There's no real reason to expect the Packers to miss the playoffs, but I have a slight feeling that their might be a massive Super Bowl hangover in effect here. Or a serious injury of some sort to a key player, like Rodgers (which isn't inconceivable considering that he missed a few games last year due to injury as a direct result of his playing style).

- The Tampa Bay Bucs will regress after overachieving in 2010 and disappoint all the people picking them as a sleeper playoff team in 2011. I'm not buying the Tampa Bay hype. Are they better than the 2009 team that went 3-13? Absolutely. Is Josh Freeman one of the best ascending young quarterbacks? Probably. But this team has done little to push their roster into the realm of the elite in the NFL, especially on the defensive side. Da'Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn are far from "locks" to even contribute in 2011 and beyond. Bowers is a medical question mark who was an overrated prospect even before the injury, and Clayborn didn't exactly light up CFB last year. Gerald McCoy may or may not improve in his second year, but he's certainly not as much of a given to be an impact player as, say, Suh. This defensive line could still be very mediocre, and if it's not pressuring the quarterback, QBs will tear up this mediocre secondary. Who's in that secondary but a 90-year-old Ronder Barber and the CB with the most character concerns in the entire NFL (Talib)? I predict no better than 8-8 this year. And then you have to factor in that they play in a division with two of the best teams in the NFL. Both the Saints and the Falcons look to be superior to the Bucs even if the Bucs are an above-average team this year. So it will be incredibly hard to picture the Bucs winning more than, say, 8-9 games at most if they have to play the Falcons and Saints twice each. And in that division, that isn't enough to make the playoffs.

- The Redskins will win at least *10* games this year and compete for the division title. John Beck and Rex Grossman both look adequate enough to run Shanahan's offense. As I said before in other threads, there is a RB on their roster (whether that's Helu, or Hightower, or Royster that is guaranteed to get at least 1000+ yards and maybe even as many as 1500 yards. So their offense will be at least decent. And defensively, I think they made some of the best moves of the offseason by signing Stephen Bowen, Barry Cofield, OJ Otogwe and Josh Wilson. Their drafting of Ryan Kerrigan will also be huge. This defense is going to be *studly* this year and will allow the offense to run the football with impunity.

nobodyinparticular
08-13-2011, 05:15 PM
The Preseason just started, so I think it's about time we heard some bold predictions. Not Green Bay is going to win the Super Bowl or Seattle is going to suck. BOLD! So give five bold picks plus one bold homer pick.

2. Tim Tebow makes the Pro Bowl.

4. Rex Grossman has a career year (let's say 3500-25-12) and leads Washington to 8 wins.

5. This is Andy Reid's last season as coach of the Eagles (Probably retires, unlikely fired).

Homer. Jay Cutler wins offensive player of the year (but not MVP).

So is "Bold" code for bat**** crazy?

Sloopy
08-13-2011, 05:40 PM
1. Ravens take there division and the stealers miss the playoffs setting themselves up for a run to the AFC championship game against the Pats (no prediction on winner)

2. The NFC West becomes a good/competitive division

3. The Chiefs win the AFC west and the Lords of no rings miss the playoffs

4. Cam Newton isn't bad at all

5. Falcons represent the NFC in the Super Bowl

Homer: Cam Newton wins OROY and has the best year of any of the 2011 QB's and solidifies his spot as the starter: Despite what my brain tells me, just a gut feeling for some reason

CJSchneider
08-13-2011, 05:44 PM
- Either the New York Giants or the New Orleans Saints will be the team to emerge from the NFC playoff field to play in the Super Bowl.

This is not a bold prediction, but I like it.

RCAChainGang
08-13-2011, 06:27 PM
-Detroit Lions go to playoffs.

BOOM!

jrdrylie
08-13-2011, 06:29 PM
So is "Bold" code for bat**** crazy?

I don't think they are that crazy.

1. The Rams almost mad the playoffs with a Rookie Sam Bradford. I think he takes his play to the next level and takes them to the playoffs. I am also a believer in Kevin Kolb. I'm not predicting both teams make the playoffs, but it could conceivably happen.

2. The Pro Bowl isn't about the best players. It's about the most popular. I think Tebow becomes the starter early in the season and gets voted in by the fans.

3. Michael Vick has never led his team to back-to-back playoff appearances. Even with all that talent. I think they will an extreme disappointment.

4. Rex Grossman has talent and at times can play at a Pro Bowl level. He actually has good offensive coaches this year. They have winnable games like Carolina, Miami, Buffalo, Seattle, San Francisco, and Minnesota. I bet they can steal a division game or two as well.

5. I agree this one is crazy. But I'm just thinking that maybe they are going all-in because they know Andy Reid is about to call it quits.

6. Hey, Jay Cutler was my homer pick. But in Martz's first year as offensive coordinator at St. Louis, Kurt Warner won the MVP. He won another MVP in Martz's second season as Head Coach. Jon Kitna had two 4000 yard seasons with Martz.

OSUGiants17
08-13-2011, 10:42 PM

I don't think they are that crazy.

1. The Rams almost mad the playoffs with a Rookie Sam Bradford. I think he takes his play to the next level and takes them to the playoffs. I am also a believer in Kevin Kolb. I'm not predicting both teams make the playoffs, but it could conceivably happen.

Actually, you ARE predicting both teams make the playoffs

tjsunstein
08-13-2011, 11:03 PM
1. Andy Dalton has a winning record.

2. Philadelphia Eagles don't finish top 7 in pass D.

3. The Jets don't make the playoffs.

Ghost of Juice
08-14-2011, 12:08 AM
1. Legarrette Blount leads NFL in rushing.

2. Mark Sanchez throws 30 touchdown passes.

3. Cam Newton leads Panthers to playoffs and wins rookie of the year.

4. Packers miss playoffs.

5. T.O. signs with the Vikings and he and McNabb lead Vikings to playoffs.

tjsunstein
08-14-2011, 12:30 AM
2. Mark Sanchez throws 30 touchdown passes.

You're trying too hard. He had 30 Touchdowns and Interceptions combined last year. The Jets offense isn't built for Mark to even be able to reach 30 TD.

ChiFan24
08-14-2011, 02:24 AM
All this Falcons/Matt Ryan love reminds me of one I forgot: the Falcons will miss the playoffs. And keep in mind, I had Julio Jones as my #1 overall prospect. But while they have a ton of weapons on offense, Mularkey won't use them properly, IMO. Turner and Gonzalez seem pretty washed up, and I just don't see Matt Ryan being as great as everyone thinks he is; I think he's a slightly better Matt Schaub; on the outside of the top ten QB's looking in. Good enough to win a Super Bowl, but not if he has to put the team on his back. They'll have a tougher schedule, a better division, not as much luck, no Harvey Dahl, and I don't think Ray Edwards and Julio Jones makes up for that. Honestly, I couldn't even tell you who I'm picking in this division; I don't think first place and last place will be separated by that much. I just know I don't like Atlanta.

And in lieu of a homer pick, I'll just make a homer statement, since I don't really know what to make of the 2011 Bears yet: Jay Cutler is a better QB than Matt Ryan. He might not get that recognition any time soon, but I would be willing to bet that Jay ends up with a super bowl in his career, and Matt Ryan doesn't.

OzTitan
08-14-2011, 04:36 AM
I agree about the Texans. I think that team needed everyone to stop picking them to make the playoffs for them to actually make the playoffs.

When did people stop? They've been a pre-season playoff pick favourite for NFL fans trying to be edgy and unique in their predictions for a few seasons now, and I doubt that changes this year. Gotta be right eventually I suppose.

jrdrylie
08-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Actually, you ARE predicting both teams make the playoffs

No, my official predicition is Arizona makes the playoffs while the Rams fall a bit short, similar to Tampa last year. But I'm just saying that both teams are going to be much better than most expect and the supposed worst division in the NFL could have two teams in the playoffs.

JBCX
08-14-2011, 09:31 AM
I have another one that has been nagging me for a while:

- The Packers miss the playoffs. I have a feeling about this for some reason. There's no real reason to expect the Packers to miss the playoffs, but I have a slight feeling that their might be a massive Super Bowl hangover in effect here. Or a serious injury of some sort to a key player, like Rodgers (which isn't inconceivable considering that he missed a few games last year due to injury as a direct result of his playing style).

The Alex
08-14-2011, 11:22 AM
1: Jacksonville announces their plan to relocate to Los Angeles by the end of the season.

2: Atlanta scores over 500 points in the regular season but fails to reach the Super Bowl.

3: DeMarcus Ware wins a long overdue Defensive Player Of The Year award.

4: Nobody in the NFC North finishes with a losing record.

5: Houston wins the Super Bowl.

Homer: Kenny Britt stops being a dumbass.

Unbiased
08-14-2011, 12:28 PM
1. No one will learn their lesson about banking on the Texans even though they never live up to expectations year in and year out.

Not so bold, I know.

DI
08-14-2011, 12:30 PM
1. Tampa Bay wins the NFC South
2. Jason Pierre-Paul leads the league in sacks
3. Brady Quinn will start a game this year for the Broncos
4. Detroit Lions make the playoffs
5. Jim Schwartz named Coach of the Year

scottyboy
08-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Ray Rice will lead the league in rushing
Kenny Britt will lead the league in catches, yards, and TDs
Brian Leonard will lead the league in players hurdled
The McCourtys will tie for the lead league in INT's.
I will stop being such an absurd Rutgers homer

fear the elf
08-14-2011, 12:40 PM

Not if Peyton Hillis has anything to say about it :)

ChiFan24
08-14-2011, 02:47 PM
When did people stop? They've been a pre-season playoff pick favourite for NFL fans trying to be edgy and unique in their predictions for a few seasons now, and I doubt that changes this year. Gotta be right eventually I suppose.

Honestly, I thought people had finally learned their lesson about picking Houston and shifted their attention to the Lions. That's why I felt comfortable picking them; it seemed like they'd finally be able to fly under the radar. Judging by this thread, that may not be the case.....still though, I've never picked Houston to do anything before, so I'll stick with them for the time being.

RaiderNation
08-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Losing Nnamdi isn't as big of a deal like most think. Sure he is a top 2 CB inthe league, but before last season having him didn't make our defense good at all. Last year we had one of the best dlines in the league, which was one of the major factors of why we did so much better on defense. Routt is a starting caliber cb who did good playing opposite of a guy who was thrown at maybe once or twice a game. Chris Johnson can still play and has the speed to play in our defense.

The Miller loss was huge, but I think Kevin Boss will step in right away and put up similar numbers. He is a very similar player to Miller and wasnt able to put up big numbers with the Giants since their offense isn't TE friendly. I also think the development of our young WRs(Ford, Murphy, DHB, Schilens and Moore) will dramatically improve our passing game. If you look at th stats, Jason Campbell played great the final 5 games last year, and with another year playing under Hue Jackson I think he will step up and become a legit starting QB.

Also losing Robert Gallery doesn't hurt us at all, and improved our cap situation. He's been hurt a lot of the past few seasons and we haven't missed his play at all.

7DnBrnc53
08-14-2011, 04:08 PM
1. The Chargers win the AFC West, and lose their first playoff game. Norv Turner is subsequently fired. Thus the era of Charger choking ends. A.J. Smith is also fired, and the new coach and GM clean house. Philip Rivers is traded to the Redskins for the second overall pick, and they use it on Landry Jones. Also, Gates is traded to the Bears for their 2012 first-rounder.

2. Denver, Buffalo, and Detroit make their moves for 2012 and beyond. The Broncos finish 8-8, and the other two finish 9-7.

3. Carolina gets the first pick, and trades it to Denver for Denver's 2012 first and second, as well as their 2013 second. The Broncos select Andrew Luck.

4. Denver turns around and trades Tebow to the Dolphins for their 2013 and 14 second rounders, and Orton goes to Seattle to be a bridge to their future QB, who is.....Josh Portis!

J-Mike88
08-14-2011, 04:19 PM
-Kevin Kolb silences the critics who said he sucks.
-Kyle Orton has some good moments again, but when he has bad moments at home, the Bronco faithful turn on him... again.
-Cam Newton struggles from game 1.
-A great QB will get a catastrophic season-ending knee/leg injury like Brady in 08. Probably will be on my fantasy football team too.
-Tampa Bay proves they are for real, and they make the playoffs.
-The Saints are the victims in the tough NFC South as Atlanta also makes it in.
-Detroit is better than 6-10, but finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs. Stafford stays healthy for the most part, playing in a career-best 15 games, and throws 27 TDs.
-New England has the best regular season record in the AFC, again, like last year. But again, they fail to make the Super Bowl as they lose their first playoff game to Baltimore.
-Jets and Baltimore play a thrilling AFC Championship game, with the Ravens winning by beating the Jets up in Baltimore with a heavy dose of Ricky Williams and Ray Rice.
-Green Bay and Philly hold serve as #1 & #2 seeds and meet in Lambeau for the NFC Championship. Matthews smashes Vicks face into the frozen tundra like he did to Kolb in the 2010 opener, and Vince Young comes in and fails. Packers roll.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-14-2011, 04:25 PM
1. The Chargers win the AFC West, and lose their first playoff game. Norv Turner is subsequently fired. Thus the era of Charger choking ends. A.J. Smith is also fired, and the new coach and GM clean house. Philip Rivers is traded to the Redskins for the second overall pick, and they use it on Landry Jones. Also, Gates is traded to the Bears for their 2012 first-rounder.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/whatha.gif

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/Blade_WTF.gif

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/64/tumblr_l9ld1vxPAl1qzvuiv.gif

OSUGiants17
08-14-2011, 04:29 PM
No, my official predicition is Arizona makes the playoffs while the Rams fall a bit short, similar to Tampa last year. But I'm just saying that both teams are going to be much better than most expect and the supposed worst division in the NFL could have two teams in the playoffs.

Whatever dude, you clearly stated in the op that 2 NFC West teams will make the playoffs

OSUGiants17
08-14-2011, 04:31 PM

Don't lie scotty

SuperMcGee
08-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Scotty's homerism is rather tame by today's standards.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-14-2011, 04:46 PM
My predictions.

NFC

1. Packers struggle mightily in comparison to how they played in the postseason last year and barely make it to the playoffs, only to lose in the first round as a wild card. Superbowl hangover, basically.

2. Eagles don't meet the hype and suffer, as Vick will suffer an injury and Vince Young will blow everyones mind away with how bad he really is (I'm not a big VY fan, lol). They have a good defense, sure, but without a QB DeSean and Celek are useless and I don't trust LeSean McCoy (yet) to lead that offense. Make the playoffs but get defeated early on.

3. Falcons will disappoint after a stellar 2010 season. Will make it to the playoffs, but won't be nearly as dominant as they were last year.

4. The Bears will surprise by winning the NFC North and a first round BYE. Matt Forte will be an elite fantasy back again and Roy Williams will revert to his former Lions self (where he also played under Mike Martz).

5. Rams will win their division with 10+ wins, and McDaniels' offensive schemes with Bradford at the helm will give fans a glimpse of the new version of "The Greatest Show on Turf" that will re-surge in the upcoming seasons.

6. Saints win 13+ games and make it to the Superbowl.

AFC

1. Cincinnati finishes with 3- wins and has the first overall pick next year, only to not be able to use it on a QB unless they decide to pull a Jimmy Clausen on Andy Dalton.

2. Bills surprise and make the playoffs as a wild card, with the AFC East having three teams in the playoffs, both NYJ and BUF as wild cards.

3. Andre gets double digit TD's for the first time in his career, but the Texans still don't make the playoffs (that's a bold Texans prediction! ;) )

4. Rob Gronkowski becomes the best red zone target in the league and a top 3 fantasy TE. Hernandez takes a back seat to him, and he becomes Brady's new go-to guy, over Wes Welker.

Homer

5. Rashard Mendenhall leads the league in rushing TD's and has 1300+ yards, and Mike Wallace has 1200+ yards plus 10+ TD's, becoming an elite fantasy WR in the process, haha.

6. Steelers take advantage of a relatively easy schedule (Bengals and Browns, plus NFC West and AFC South) and get a top 2 seed in the playoffs, with the defense being elite again and still being the top run-stuffing unit in the league.

scottyboy
08-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Scotty's homerism is rather tame by today's standards.

it's developed really from extremem homerism to just a genuine (and somewhat creepy) love of all things Rutgers that is known by all the people here that actually matter anyway

7DnBrnc53
08-14-2011, 08:45 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/whatha.gif

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/Blade_WTF.gif

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/64/tumblr_l9ld1vxPAl1qzvuiv.gif

Ya want bold, Ya get bold.

JBCX
08-14-2011, 10:01 PM
There sure are alot of people in here predicting that the Eagles will fail spectacularly.

Should be funny to re-read when the Eagles are going into the playoffs with a 14-2 or 15-1 record after steamrolling the league in the regular season.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-14-2011, 10:30 PM
There sure are alot of people in here predicting that the Eagles will fail spectacularly.

Should be funny to re-read when the Eagles are going into the playoffs with a 14-2 or 15-1 record after steamrolling the league in the regular season.

Could be, but Michael Vick has played an entire season only once in is career, and without him this team is nowhere near as good as they normally are.

Plus, I don't think being a wild-card means they "failed spectacularly," it's just that some people, like you, already assumed the Eagles are going to be unbeatable and will lock down a #1 or #2 seed. Again, that could very well be true, but as of right now, the Eagles' improvements over last year are only on paper. Not saying they won't be better, just that they've yet to show it.

And please don't say they played well in the preseason, that means absolutely nothing. Lions went 4-0 in preseason before going 0-16 in the regular season.

And this is an honest question for Eagles' fans out there, how good is the defense when it comes to stopping the run? That defense is going to be spectacular against the pass, but Asante Samuel, DRC, and Nate Allen aren't exactly great vs. the run, and I know next to nothing about their LB'ers. Could stopping the run be a potential problem for them?

igglefanz
08-14-2011, 11:20 PM
I really think what is happening is that yes the Eagles have some glaring holes and unknowns. If Vick at least starts 13 games or more there isn't a reason that the Eagles cannot win at least the NFC East. The team has improved at every spot except line backer which is the big unknown.

I think one thing everyone that is kinda forgetting is how favorable of a schedule they have this year. They have both tough AFC east teams in Philly in the Jets and Pats. They do have to play in STL and Seattle but get Arizona and SF in Philly. The NFC North and south get to beat on each other this year where there is really 6-7 teams that are playoff caliber playing each other. They also get the bears in Philly and have to play in ATL which is a favorable spot for vick to play big emotional game. Basically the Eagles get to avoid the Packers, Saints, Vikings (( Mcnabb emotion would be dangerous)), Lions and Tampa Bay.

There is also the big unknown with Maclin but I think the Trio of Jackson Avant and Cooper with Smith added in later this year will be plenty of targets for Vick. With the improved offensive line Celek should have a better year as a receiver. If Vick starts 13+ games they have the talent to have 12 plus wins. But who knows its football I am not one that is going to beat my chest unless they win it all. Anything can happen and will do my bold picks later tonight.

jimmy1988
08-15-2011, 01:36 AM
A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill." "I am afraid that he is dead."said the doctor,Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife. "the doctor knows better than you!"
Just then a voice called from outside the door, "If you do, I won't go."

fashion-and-high-quality-coach-outlet (http://coachoutletsale.lovelyish.com/753956419/fashion-and-high-quality-coach-outlet/)
coach-outlet-high-quality-with-beautiful-look (http://buycoachoutlet.datingish.com/753956612/coach-outlet-high-quality-with-beautiful-look/)
coach-outlet-in-the-city (http://salescoachoutlet.autisable.com/753994576/coach-outlet-in-the-city/)
Coach Outlet Have Bags of cheap (http://theshowdognetwork.com/pg/blog/coachoutletsales)

Thecollegedropout
08-15-2011, 01:40 AM
I am saddened you didn't add

Jamaal Westerman will make some starts this year at LB.

tjsunstein
08-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Ya want bold, Ya get bold.
There's a difference between bold and stupid.

V.I.P
08-15-2011, 01:56 AM
Not if LeGarrette Blount has anything to say about it :)

That sounds about right..

igglefanz
08-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Ok here is my 5 bold predictions. Some are bold, some not so bold and well some are crazy.

1 Falcons do not win the NFC South.

2 Jets do not even make the playoffs.

3 Someone not named Brady or Manning wins the MVP.

4 Stafford in Det starts more then 12 games.

5 Suh will have more fines in number then Harrison this year

And Now my homer picks

1 Trent Cole leads the league in sacks

2 Casey Matthews wins DROY

ChiFan24
08-15-2011, 02:38 AM
I can get behind this LaGarrette Blount love. Definitely a good sleeper candidate to lead the league in rushing.

Another one I forgot: Rashad Jennings rushes for over 1000 yards. It was absurd that he lasted until the seventh round, and he'll shine if and when he gets a chance this season.

A Perfect Score
08-15-2011, 08:25 AM
1. Matt Stafford stays healthy and throws 25+ TD passes
2. Ray Rice leads the NFL in rushing
3. Desean Jackson leads the NFL in receiving yards
4. Christian Ponder plays significantly better then Cam Newton
5. Roy Williams has a comeback year in Chicago and registers 60+ catches

JBCX
08-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Plus, I don't think being a wild-card means they "failed spectacularly," it's just that some people, like you, already assumed the Eagles are going to be unbeatable and will lock down a #1 or #2 seed. Again, that could very well be true, but as of right now, the Eagles' improvements over last year are only on paper. Not saying they won't be better, just that they've yet to show it.

More than a few people are predicting that the Eagles fail to make the playoffs at all, which is absolutely ridiculous given the level of talent on the team.

And this is an honest question for Eagles' fans out there, how good is the defense when it comes to stopping the run? That defense is going to be spectacular against the pass, but Asante Samuel, DRC, and Nate Allen aren't exactly great vs. the run, and I know next to nothing about their LB'ers. Could stopping the run be a potential problem for them?

Did you watch the Packers last year? They ignored the running game and played nickel nearly the whole season. If your offense is putting points on the board, the opposing team can't waste time trying to establish a running game and you can sit back and rush the passer and put 3 CBs on the field.

JBCX
08-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Here's another prediction that I think will bear fruit:

- The Tampa Bay Bucs will regress after overachieving in 2010 and disappoint all the people picking them as a sleeper playoff team in 2011. I'm not buying the Tampa Bay hype. Are they better than the 2009 team that went 3-13? Absolutely. Is Josh Freeman one of the best ascending young quarterbacks? Probably. But this team has done little to push their roster into the realm of the elite in the NFL, especially on the defensive side. Da'Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn are far from "locks" to even contribute in 2011 and beyond. Bowers is a medical question mark who was an overrated prospect even before the injury, and Clayborn didn't exactly light up CFB last year. Gerald McCoy may or may not improve in his second year, but he's certainly not as much of a given to be an impact player as, say, Suh. This defensive line could still be very mediocre, and if it's not pressuring the quarterback, QBs will tear up this mediocre secondary. Who's in that secondary but a 90-year-old Ronder Barber and the CB with the most character concerns in the entire NFL (Talib)? I predict no better than 8-8 this year. And then you have to factor in that they play in a division with two of the best teams in the NFL. Both the Saints and the Falcons look to be superior to the Bucs even if the Bucs are an above-average team this year. So it will be incredibly hard to picture the Bucs winning more than, say, 8-9 games at most if they have to play the Falcons and Saints twice each. And in that division, that isn't enough to make the playoffs.

DraftSavant
08-15-2011, 12:06 PM

I'm inclined to agree with that.

It may sound like heresy, but I like the overall talent of Carolina much better than Tampa's. The main difference between the two was health (Tampa got pretty lucky on the injury front last year) and QB play. The Bucs caught lightning in a bottle with Freeman, and he willed them to a ridiculous amount of 4th quarter comebacks last year in games they, overall, were simply not playing well in (against a hella weak schedule, no less).

Don't forget, either, that the Glazer family is still hemorrhaging money trying to pay back their Manchester United loans. Don't let the "build solely through the draft" mantra fool you...this team SHOULD have been active in free agency.

descendency
08-15-2011, 12:09 PM
the Bucs won't disappoint. Yes, they were over-rated, but they were still the 3rd best team in their division. That means their schedule will be pretty soft. As long as they can compete with the Saints and Falcons, I think they can win 10 games.

The Chiefs, however, over achieved and will now be saddled with tough schedule that they will probably lose quite a few games and be stuck with 6-7 wins this year.

Preston
08-15-2011, 12:10 PM
- There's a three way tie for the final NFC playoff spot between the Giants, Bears and Buccaneers at 9-7. The Buccaneers win it by virtue of a 1 game advantage over the Giants in conference record.
- Michael Vick leads the Eagles to a 15-1 record en route to the league MVP award.
- The 2-seed Saints beat the 5-seed Falcons to get to the Super Bowl.
- Ray Rice comes close, but ends up with Offensive Player of the Year, leading the league in rushing as well as catching 50+ passes.
- Cardinals win the NFC West at 9-7, while the Rams make a major push after starting 1-7 because of a brutal schedule before finishing 8-8, setting the stage for a huge 2012.
- The Browns start 5-1 and Colt McCoy looks like an MVP candidate. However, reality sets in as the Browns finish 7-9, but they make definite improvements.

JBCX
08-15-2011, 12:41 PM
the Bucs won't disappoint. Yes, they were over-rated, but they were still the 3rd best team in their division. That means their schedule will be pretty soft. As long as they can compete with the Saints and Falcons, I think they can win 10 games.

Their schedule is actually harder this year. Last year they benefited by playing the weak NFC West and swept that division for 4 easy wins.

This year they play the AFC South (Colts, Texans are tough), and the NFC North (Packers, Bears). Also, their division is stronger than it was last year (Saints, Falcons, and Panthers all improved in the offseason), and yet last year they managed to go 1-4 against the Falcons and the Saints despite being 10-6 at the end of the season. They were also blown out by every elite team on their schedule (Ravens, Steelers, Saints once, Falcons twice).

They basically feasted on weak teams and were blown out by good ones in 2010. Factor in the schedule packed with fewer weak teams next year, and you have the makings of a regression.

vidae
08-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Now this is a discussion I can get behind!

Bucs147
08-15-2011, 01:51 PM
The main difference between the two was health (Tampa got pretty lucky on the injury front last year) and QB play.

While I don't think we'll make the playoffs and I agree with the 8-9 wins predictions, this is simply false. Last season, the Bucs had to put these players on IR:

-Gerald McCoy
-Aqib Talib
-Quincy Black
-Davin Joseph
-Brian Price
-Jeff Faine
-Cody Grimm
-Arrelious Benn

Which represent our #1 CB, #1 DT, #1 LB, #1 OG, #1 C, #1 active S and #2 WR. And that doesn't count Tanard Jackson who was suspensed for the whole year. Basically 9 starters didn't finish the season.

The NFC South team that was lucky on the injury front last year was the Falcons. They had a big 4 players on the reserve list and none of them were starters. Let's compare with the rest of the NFC South: the Saints had 12 IR'ed players, the Bucs 13 and the Panthers 15.

They were also blown out by every elite team on their schedule (Ravens, Steelers, Saints once, Falcons twice).

The Falcons didn't blow us out. They barely won in two epic fights.

The Saints and Steelers blew us out. The Ravens won by 7 points.

Stash
08-15-2011, 04:40 PM
-The Cardinals win the West and don't lose in the 1st round.
-The Lions will be a wildcard
-Only 1 team from the AFC East will make the playoffs
-Arian Foster doesn't break 1200 rushing yards
-The Panthers won't suck

Homer pick:
-DMC leads the league in total yardage (rushing+receiving combined)

Pat Sims 90
08-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Jay Cutler throws more INTs then TDs and Bears fail to make Playoffs.

Detroit wins the NFC North.

Pittsburgh finishes 3rd in AFC North behind Baltimore and Cleveland

Vick has a season ending injury early on and Young leads Philly to Playoffs

New England has a below .500 Record due to injuries

Homer: Cincy wins at least 6 games this year

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-15-2011, 09:18 PM
- Tom Brady comes out of the closet
- Jamaal Charles has 2000+ yards rushing
- Josh Swagger Freeman wins the MVP
- Aaron Rodgers pulls a Drew Brees and throw 20+ picks

Homer
- Tommie Harris wins DPOY
- Peyton Manning breaks off an 80 yard TD run

jrdrylie
08-16-2011, 10:11 AM
- - Cardinals win the NFC West at 9-7, while the Rams make a major push after starting 1-7 because of a brutal schedule before finishing 8-8, setting the stage for a huge 2012.

There schedule is tough, but in the first 8 games, they have Washington and Arizona. I think they can win both as well as one more of their home games. 3-5 at worst in the first half of the season.

- Tom Brady comes out of the closet

Ha!

cmarq83
08-16-2011, 12:14 PM
More than a few people are predicting that the Eagles fail to make the playoffs at all, which is absolutely ridiculous given the level of talent on the team.

Did you watch the Packers last year? They ignored the running game and played nickel nearly the whole season. If your offense is putting points on the board, the opposing team can't waste time trying to establish a running game and you can sit back and rush the passer and put 3 CBs on the field.

It's not completely out of the question. Although the Eagles made the playoffs last year it coincided with a complete collapse by both the Giants and the Cowboys who both figure to rebound this year. They were also hardly a juggernaut and were a wildcard caliber team last year. They're also relying on a QB who has shown to be oft-injured and anything but reliable in his career. Plus, their offensive line is still pretty terrible, and they're relying on it to keep Vick upright and healthy. The linebacker core is meh, and they lost Mikel who is one of the better safeties in the league. Now they do have some nice new pieces, but how do they mesh?

Also to your second point, having a porous run defense is most definitely a problem to explosive offenses. Since you're in year 2 of the Michael Vick experiment more teams are going to come into games with a better gameplan to shut them down. If the team fails on their first couple of drives, and the other team establishes the run, the offense may never get into a rhythm. With the Patriots all 3 of their losses last year came this exact way. The Browns and Jets were able to control the clock while the offense remained mostly impotent. Plus the Eagles offense is far more trick or treat than the Patriots is. They rely on big plays by McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, and Vick in order to put up points. If things don't click right away, and the offense has a bunch of 3 and outs the Eagles may lose control of games pretty quickly.

JBCX
08-16-2011, 01:14 PM
It's not completely out of the question. Although the Eagles made the playoffs last year it coincided with a complete collapse by both the Giants and the Cowboys who both figure to rebound this year. They were also hardly a juggernaut and were a wildcard caliber team last year. They're also relying on a QB who has shown to be oft-injured and anything but reliable in his career. Plus, their offensive line is still pretty terrible, and they're relying on it to keep Vick upright and healthy. The linebacker core is meh, and they lost Mikel who is one of the better safeties in the league. Now they do have some nice new pieces, but how do they mesh?

How do you know the Giants and Cowboys "rebound"? What are they rebounding to? Maybe the Eagles are just a better team than those two? Do you realize that the Eagles haven't lost to the Giants since early in the 2008 season? And do you realize that the Cowboys have serious deficiencies in their roster (aging O-Line, mediocre secondary) that they've only now tried to rectify? The Eagles basically have more talent across the board than either the Giants or the Cowboys at this point. It was evident last year and it will probably continue to be evident this year, especially after the free agency signings.

The offensive line is actually pretty solid right now. Jason Peters at LT is a Pro Bowl caliber player (yes, he actually is, read profootballfocus), Todd Herremens is a solid LG, they are returning Jamaal Jackson at C, they drafted a plug-and-play RG who was considered by many scouts to be the Logan Mankins of this year's draft, and at RT they are evaluating whether to use Ryan Harris, Winston Justice, or a younger played named Austin Howard. Really, the only questionable spot on the line at this point is RT but there are more than enough competent players competing for that job.

Regarding the linebackers: in a 4-3 scheme the linebackers are the least important part of the defense. As long as the front 4 are effective, and the cornerbacks can cover, the linebackers simply need to tackle stuff in the flat, occasionally cover RB/TEs, and occasionally blitz. It's not hard to find athletic guys in the later rounds who can do all that at least decently - hence, they have a few guys right now (Moise Fokou, Jamar Chaney) who will probably at least be decent at that as long as the front 4 and the secondary operate at a high level. This is the opposite of the 3-4 scheme in which teams such as the Steelers or Patriots can usually find big bodies in the later rounds to play DE and need to prioritize the LB position because in that scheme the LBs do more than the DEs, unlike the 4-3 which is inverted in this regard.

Also to your second point, having a porous run defense is most definitely a problem to explosive offenses. Since you're in year 2 of the Michael Vick experiment more teams are going to come into games with a better gameplan to shut them down. If the team fails on their first couple of drives, and the other team establishes the run, the offense may never get into a rhythm. With the Patriots all 3 of their losses last year came this exact way. The Browns and Jets were able to control the clock while the offense remained mostly impotent. Plus the Eagles offense is far more trick or treat than the Patriots is. They rely on big plays by McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, and Vick in order to put up points. If things don't click right away, and the offense has a bunch of 3 and outs the Eagles may lose control of games pretty quickly.

The point of having an explosive offense is that you will more often than not have a lead early. How often did teams stuff the Patriots and establish the run last season? Not often. Sure, in theory it could happen, but the Eagles offense will more often than not establish the lead first. They have too many explosive weapons to do otherwise.

And saying that "more teams are going to come into games with a better gameplan to shut them down" is like saying that more teams next year will have a better gameplan to shut down Tom Brady's offense. You can gameplan for anything, but eventually talent will still beat you. Vick is not as gimmicky as you think; he's far more of a passer than he ever was and I think you'll see that even more so this year.

DraftSavant
08-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I'd be willing to bet the Eagles end up grading out with one of the best o-lines in the league (health permitting).

Their interior guys were straight up moving the Baltimore d-line off the ball in the first preseason game. For all the hullabaloo the Aso and Jenkins signings made, Ryan Harris was probably one of the smartest "football" pickups this offseason.

nepg
08-16-2011, 04:12 PM
My bold prediction:

Chiefs come out of the regular season as the #2 seed in the AFC. People are underestimating what they accomplished last year and not seeing how they've improved on areas of weakness in the off-season. The Chiefs, literally, had the best off-season out of all of the teams in the NFL. And they barely spent any cash. This is a team that people berate as an "overachieving" 10-6 team. But, in reality, they should have been a 13-3 team (very easily)...and who knows where they would have ended up after what should have been an 8-0 start to the season.

SuperMcGee
08-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick gets hurt, and since Thigpen blows and we only have 1.2 good receivers, the Bills move to a base option offense powered by Brad Smith, Nesbitt, Spiller, and Jackson. Then... championship.

Rosebud
08-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Giants win the superbowl beating the Jacksonville Jaguars with Eli putting up 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs. Kiwi and JPP combine for 20+ sacks on the season and Kenny P puts up 10+ Sacks+ForcedFumbles+Picks. C-Web goes back to being a top 5 corner in the NFL and Hakeem Nicks finds himself in the probowl with another 10+ TD season.

Elsewhere around the league Tim Tebow and the broncos find their way to 7-9 with one of the best pass rushes in the league, Doom and Miller, while the offense manages to consistently put points on the board early in games.

The Bills move out of the top 5 on the back of a much improved run defense and not entirely pathetic offense.

Bears repeat as NFC North champs.

And the Eagles faulter when Vick goes down for 6 weeks causing Vince "he just winz" Young to step in leading to the offense completely falling apart without the credible threat of Vick launching a rocket deep to DJ.

Jvig43
08-16-2011, 06:22 PM
This thread title is very deceiving, I was under the impression it was simply bold predictions.

Bengalsrocket
08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
I can dig this thread, here we go:

1) Matt Cassel proves he's the real deal. With 35+ pass TDs and less than 18 INTs he solidifies the MVP award and leads the Chiefs to the post season.

2) With Tony Romo healthy, Dez Bryant sets himself apart from the other up-and-coming receivers by putting up 1400+ yards and ~17 touchdowns.

3) Adrian Peterson reclaims the #1 running back position over Chris Johnson who will have a mediocre season. Peterson has over 1700 yards and 15 TDs.

4) The Bills start off hot but miss the play offs. However, their sweep of the division sets the Jets back just enough to knock them out of the play offs.

5) Green Bay and Chicago get down to a close race entering week 13. However, they both lose out and the Lions over take them to win the division.

Homer prediction - Benson out rushes every other back in the AFC North.

bam bam
08-17-2011, 02:09 AM
The Bills studly new uniforms will distract Metrosexual Mark Sanchez, who while thinking to himself "man, I would look great in those uniforms, maybe in the next GQ", throws a few key interceptions, leading the Bills to upset the Jets.

drowe
08-18-2011, 01:53 PM
-Falcons miss the playoffs

-CJ2K renamed to CJ2YPC

-

JBCX
08-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I have to go with this one as well, and get it in before the season starts:

- The Redskins will win at least *10* games this year and compete for the division title. John Beck and Rex Grossman both look adequate enough to run Shanahan's offense. As I said before in other threads, there is a RB on their roster (whether that's Helu, or Hightower, or Royster that is guaranteed to get at least 1000+ yards and maybe even as many as 1500 yards. So their offense will be at least decent. And defensively, I think they made some of the best moves of the offseason by signing Stephen Bowen, Barry Cofield, OJ Otogwe and Josh Wilson. Their drafting of Ryan Kerrigan will also be huge. This defense is going to be *studly* this year and will allow the offense to run the football with impunity.

I feel really good about this last one. If you can bet the *over* on the Redskins season win total of 6.5, you will make money.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Against all odds, Marty Hurney keeps his job another year.

He then makes Armanti Edwards the highest paid WR in the NFL

Halsey
08-20-2011, 03:43 PM
The Falcons will score more points than your team.

Splat
08-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Matt Cassel proves he's the real deal. With 35+ pass TDs and less than 18 INTs he solidifies the MVP award and leads the Chiefs to the post season.

Yes please.

Nalej
08-20-2011, 03:51 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Splat again.

Love the sig. Don't know when I rep'd you before but whatever.

BigBanger
08-21-2011, 03:29 PM
The Colts don't win more than 5 games.

Seahawks win the bid for the #1 pick with a 1-15 season.

tjsunstein
08-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Just to add onto my predictions on the first page.

4. Bucs finish below .500.

5. Colts miss playoffs.

J-Mike88
08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
For all you saying the Colts will miss the playoffs (and if they don't have Manning, they're a 3-13 team... just like before he got there), then WHO WILL WIN the AFC South?

Houston?
Or Tennessee?

ChiFan24
08-21-2011, 04:51 PM
For all you saying the Colts will miss the playoffs (and if they don't have Manning, they're a 3-13 team... just like before he got there), then WHO WILL WIN the AFC South?

Houston?
Or Tennessee?

The Packers.

UKfan
08-21-2011, 05:02 PM
If Peyton doesn't play, we would be lucky to win a game, Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky is not a good backup situation.

Anyone got Brett Favre's number?? :)

tjsunstein
08-22-2011, 01:01 AM

Houston?
Or Tennessee?
Jacksonville.

bam bam
08-22-2011, 02:20 AM
If Peyton doesn't play, we would be lucky to win a game, Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky is not a good backup situation.

Do you think they would draft Andrew Luck if that ended up happening? What a situation that would be....

yodabear
08-22-2011, 02:29 AM
1. The teams with more points will win every game this year.

2. Chris Kluwe will be the MVP of the Vikings cuz he is awesome and well they suck, so their punter will be their star.

My other two have to do with up and coming teams in the NFC.

3. My Rams win the NFC West.

4. The Packers win the NFC North. However, the Detroit Lions earn a wild card berth.

5. The Lions and Rams both lose in the wild card round in the playoffs. But one year, prolly next if my predicitions come true: we will see a Lions-Rams NFC Championship game and Xio and I will once and for all determine who is pitching and who is catching or in football termanology: who is quarterback and who is receiver.

FUNBUNCHER
08-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Peyton Manning is injured again in Week 6, misses almost entire season and the Colts finish 3-13.

Indianapolis selects Andrew Luck 1/1 and Colts fans party like it's 1998!!!

VOn Miller will win the DROTY and DPOTY in a walk.
He single handedly will have the Broncos on the verge of a wild card spot and be compared to LT.

Reggie Bush rushes for 1200+ yards, 800 yards receiving and makes the pro bowl.

JBCX
08-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Houston?
Or Tennessee?

Houston with ease. They have the elite offense to put points on the board, and as long as Wade Phillips does a decent job, they now have a defense that can keep them in games. Their secondary is no longer 100% scrubs.

shylo3716
08-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Lead league in Passing-Mark Sanchez
Lead league in Rushing-Ray Rice
Lead league in Receiving-Andre Johnson
Lead league in Touchdowns-Larry Fitzgerald

Lead league in Tackles-Von Miller
Lead league in Sacks-Ndamukong Suh
Lead league in Interceptions-DeAngelo Hall

Lead league in Return Yds-C.J. Spiller

#1 Offense-Atlanta
#1 Defense-Tampa Bay

O-ROY-Julio Jones
D-ROY-Nick Fairley

MVP-Michael Vick

Super Bowl Champs-Philadelphia

2012 #1 Overall pick-Washington

yodabear
08-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Everyone.....I just went through the NFC schedule game by game.

I have the Rams clinching the NFC West in week 13 after a victory in San Francisco. So the question is how so u homer? U have them at 12-0 and just running away don't ya? No, in fact I am very realistic! I have the Rams being 6-6, the Seahawks and 49ers at 3-9, and the Cardinals at 2-10. Finishing, Rams at 8-8, the Cardinals at 6-10 (I have them going on a 10 game losing streak but finishing on a 5 game winning streak), the Seahawks at 5-11, and the 49ers at 3-13. Yikes!

gpngc
08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
Throwing **** at the wall. I wouldn't put money on any of these predictions but I do believe there is a real chance they could happen.

Panthers make the playoffs.
Dolphins make the playoffs.
Broncos make the playoffs.
Vikings make the playoffs.
Eagles miss the playoffs
Jets miss the playoffs.
Falcons miss the playoffs.
Titans and Jaguars finish 1-2 in the AFC South.
Mark Ingram scores 20 touchdowns.
Larry Fitzgerald breaks a receiving record (yards, TDs, or catches).
Matt Stafford leads the league in passing yards with over 5000 (their weak D and running game will help him do this).
Percy Harvin catches 100 passes.
Reggie Bush finishes top five in MVP voting.
Chad Henne has a 25/10 TD/INT ratio.
Donnie Avery makes the Pro Bowl.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers finish with the #1 pick in the draft.

Batshit Super Bowl Scenarios

Titans over Panthers
Vikings over Dolphins

Saints-Tigers
08-31-2011, 07:17 PM
Lead league in Passing-Mark Sanchez
Lead league in Rushing-Ray Rice
Lead league in Receiving-Andre Johnson
Lead league in Touchdowns-Larry Fitzgerald

Lead league in Tackles-Von Miller
Lead league in Sacks-Ndamukong Suh
Lead league in Interceptions-DeAngelo Hall

Lead league in Return Yds-C.J. Spiller

#1 Offense-Atlanta
#1 Defense-Tampa Bay

O-ROY-Julio Jones
D-ROY-Nick Fairley

MVP-Michael Vick

Super Bowl Champs-Philadelphia

2012 #1 Overall pick-Washington

I would give you 2-1 odds on a bet for like every one of those predictions. That's not bold, that's just crazy.

billybeejr
08-31-2011, 07:44 PM
I pray Sanchez doesn't lead the league in passing. Espn would be unbearable to watch all season long.

tjsunstein
08-31-2011, 08:04 PM
I would give you 2-1 odds on a bet for like every one of those predictions. That's not bold, that's just crazy.
I'd give him 5-1 on every single prediction.

hawkeye123
08-31-2011, 08:13 PM
Alex Smith will make the Pro Bowl!!!!

lol jk

jrdrylie
08-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Throwing **** at the wall. I wouldn't put money on any of these predictions but I do believe there is a real chance they could happen.

Panthers make the playoffs.
Dolphins make the playoffs.
Broncos make the playoffs.
Vikings make the playoffs.
Eagles miss the playoffs
Jets miss the playoffs.
Falcons miss the playoffs.
Titans and Jaguars finish 1-2 in the AFC South.
Mark Ingram scores 20 touchdowns.
Larry Fitzgerald breaks a receiving record (yards, TDs, or catches).
Matt Stafford leads the league in passing yards with over 5000 (their weak D and running game will help him do this).
Percy Harvin catches 100 passes.
Reggie Bush finishes top five in MVP voting.
Chad Henne has a 25/10 TD/INT ratio.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers finish with the #1 pick in the draft.

Batshit Super Bowl Scenarios

Titans over Panthers
Vikings over Dolphins

Maybe 7 of those I could see having even a possibility to happen. The craziest. Either Titans Jags finishing 1-2, Percy Harvin catching 100 balls, or the Buccaneers finishing with the #1 pick. These picks aren't bold, they are insane!

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 09:40 PM
- Stafford plays all 16 games this season.
- Washington wins the NFC East (believe in Rex)? ha
- Deqwan Bowers win DROY (suck it all 31 teams)
- Peyton Manning actually misses a game?
- Ndmakung Suh's wallet gets 200k lighter and maybe a suspension
- Alex Smith leads the 49ers to the NFC West Title at 8-8
- All NFC West teams are in the hunt for the division come week 16.
- Andy Dalton leads the league in INTs

V.I.P
08-31-2011, 10:17 PM
- Andy Dalton leads the league in INTs

This was random, and kinda made me lol.

-Nate Burleson has 950+ yards.
-CJ Spliller proves he can be a RB in the NFL.
-Houston Texans win the AFC South.
-Kyle Orton leads the league in pass attempts.
-Everything mentioned below my sig.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 10:45 PM
This was random, and kinda made me lol.
-Nate Burleson has 950+ yards.
-CJ Spliller proves he can be a RB in the NFL.
-Houston Texans win the AFC South.
-Kyle Orton leads the league in pass attempts.
-Everything mentioned below my sig.

Thats for all the Bengal fans that continue to argue they easily can win 8 games, which is another bold prediciton.

M.O.T.H.
08-31-2011, 10:48 PM
Orton wont lead the league in pass attempts, that's a certainty...he plays under John Fox.

Kind of as silly as saying Sanchez will lead the league in passing yards. They're not even in pass first offenses. Not to mention that Sanchez, is no where near ready to be that type of QB, anyway.

V.I.P
08-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Orton wont lead the league in pass attempts, that's a certainty...he plays under John Fox.

Kind of as silly as saying Sanchez will lead the league in passing yards. They're not even in pass first offenses. Not to mention that Sanchez, is no where near ready to be that type of QB, anyway.

I was basing that off the fact he has no running, game, and will be forced to throw 40+ times a game. But yeah, i see what you're saying.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 11:03 PM
I was basing that off the fact he has no running, game, and will be forced to throw 40+ times a game. But yeah, i see what you're saying.

I think it's the other way around. There WRs are nothing that scares opposing defenses. Loyld is good, but he's not a WR that can take over a game, something they did have with Marshall.

You already see it in preseason and the signing of McGahee. They're trying to establish the run game.

Pat Sims 90
09-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Thats for all the Bengal fans that continue to argue they easily can win 8 games, which is another bold prediciton.

Stay Classy

It is not like ur hurting our feelings. If your still a Bengals fan after all the **** we have put up for the last 20+ years makes us one if not most loyal fans in the NFL.

yo123
09-01-2011, 12:23 AM
Thinking the Bengals suck isn't classy?

Pat Sims 90
09-01-2011, 12:25 AM
Thinking the Bengals suck isn't classy?

No he just tries to start stuff in every thread he post in about the Bengals.

yodabear
09-01-2011, 02:22 AM
I did a pretty comprehensive report on this, but all u smart asses that I have your team sucking can try doing the math. So without further ado....

NFC East
1. Eagles 11-5
2. Giants 10-6
3. Cowboys 9-7
4. Redskins 6-10

NFC North
1. Packers 12-4
2. Lions 10-6
3. Bears 7-9
4. Vikings 6-10

NFC South
1. Saints 13-3
2. Buccaneers 9-7
3. Falcons 9-7
4. Panthers 4-12

NFC West
1. Rams 8-8
2. Cardinals 6-10
3. Seahawks 5-11
4. 49ers 3-13

NFC Playoffs
Eagles over Lions
Giants over Rams

Eagles over Packers
Saints over Giants

Eagles over Saints

AFC East
1. Patriots 14-2
2. Jets 11-5
3. Bills 5-11
4. Dolphins 4-12

AFC North
1. Steelers 14-2
2. Ravens 12-4
3. Browns 8-8
4. Bengals 3-13

AFC South
1. Colts 10-6
2. Texans 8-8
3. Jaguars 7-9
4. Titans 7-9

AFC West
1. Chargers 10-6
2. Chiefs 8-8
3. Raiders 5-11
And with the first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft......4. Broncos 2-14

AFC Playoffs
Jets over Colts
Ravens over Chargers

Steelers over Jets
Patriots over Ravens

Patriots over Steelers

SUPER BOWL
Patriots over Eagles

yodabear
09-01-2011, 02:23 AM
I did a pretty comprehensive report on this, but all u smart asses that I have your team sucking can try doing the math. So without further ado....

NFC East
1. Eagles 11-5
2. Giants 10-6
3. Cowboys 9-7
4. Redskins 6-10

NFC North
1. Packers 12-4
2. Lions 10-6
3. Bears 7-9
4. Vikings 6-10

NFC South
1. Saints 13-3
2. Buccaneers 9-7
3. Falcons 9-7
4. Panthers 4-12

NFC West
1. Rams 8-8
2. Cardinals 6-10
3. Seahawks 5-11
4. 49ers 3-13

NFC Playoffs
Eagles over Lions
Giants over Rams

Eagles over Packers
Saints over Giants

Eagles over Saints

AFC East
1. Patriots 14-2
2. Jets 11-5
3. Bills 5-11
4. Dolphins 4-12

AFC North
1. Steelers 14-2
2. Ravens 12-4
3. Browns 8-8
4. Bengals 3-13

AFC South
1. Colts 10-6
2. Texans 8-8
3. Jaguars 7-9
4. Titans 7-9

AFC West
1. Chargers 10-6
2. Chiefs 8-8
3. Raiders 5-11
And with the first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft......4. Broncos 2-14

AFC Playoffs
Jets over Colts
Ravens over Chargers

Steelers over Jets
Patriots over Ravens

Patriots over Steelers

SUPER BOWL
Patriots over Eagles

bucfan12
09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
No he just tries to start stuff in every thread he post in about the Bengals.

Not really. I gave an honest opinion on the Bengals situation this year and you basically came back and said they could easily win there first 8 games of the season.

Notredameleo
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Lions fans > Bengals fans when it comes to Loyalty

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
09-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Curtis Painter wins the MVP because the colts are just loaded with weapons.

TheBoyWonder22
09-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Flacco leads the league in TDs followed by Matt Cassell
Roy Helu leads the NFC East in rushing
Bucs win 6
Panthers win 6
Falcons go 15-1
Newton wins ROY

M.O.T.H.
09-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Helu better not rush for more yards than Felix. Helu's not even starting, and they love Hightower.

fenikz
09-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Larry Fitzgerald will end up with 100/1450/14

im so bold :)

V.I.P
09-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Tiki Barber will play a NFL down this season.
Ndamukong Suh puts a QB on IR.
Cleveland sweeps Pittsburgh.

Caulibflower
09-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Larry Fitzgerald will end up with 100/1450/14

im so bold :)

Wow. I was just going to make a Larry Fitzgerald post.

But I was actually going to make a bold one. Like, because the Cardinals really have no other weapons... (Beanie Wells the only decent runner, and only decent behind an equally mediocre O-line does not a great running game make...no other receivers even close to Fitzgerald's caliber with Breaston leaving, too...and a new quarterback who's jizzing his pants at the opportunity to chuck it long to No. 11 ten times a game...) Kolb, I think, WILL being throwing it to Fitzgerald 10+ times a game, of which I would expect Fitz to catch 8 or so balls a game, and maybe end up with 120+ catches, 1500+ yards and 15+ TDs. I'm expecting a career year, and with everybody recognizing that he's doing it with every team EXPECTING him to... Offensive Player of the Year.

Caulibflower
09-05-2011, 08:35 PM
But that's not really that bold. Bolder? Seattle's O-line produces a 100-yard rusher by the end of the season.

V.I.P
09-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Wow. I was just going to make a Larry Fitzgerald post.

But I was actually going to make a bold one. Like, because the Cardinals really have no other weapons... (Beanie Wells the only decent runner, and only decent behind an equally mediocre O-line does not a great running game make...no other receivers even close to Fitzgerald's caliber with Breaston leaving, too...and a new quarterback who's jizzing his pants at the opportunity to chuck it long to No. 11 ten times a game...) Kolb, I think, WILL being throwing it to Fitzgerald 10+ times a game, of which I would expect Fitz to catch 8 or so balls a game, and maybe end up with 120+ catches, 1500+ yards and 15+ TDs. I'm expecting a career year, and with everybody recognizing that he's doing it with every team EXPECTING him to... Offensive Player of the Year.
Only if Kolb wasn't Captain Checkdown.

descendency
09-05-2011, 08:58 PM
tiki Barber will play a NFL down this season.

Predicting mass injuries huh... :/

fenikz
09-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Only if Kolb wasn't Captain Checkdown.

those 3 50+ yarders not doing anything for you?

his deep ball is so pretty, i dont know if that's just an improvement or the normal NFLDC posters just being dumb

V.I.P
09-05-2011, 09:38 PM
those 3 50+ yarders not doing anything for you?

Sorry, i apologize for not watching the Cardinals in preseason....

fenikz
09-05-2011, 09:49 PM
i accept your apology

Rabscuttle
09-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Ahmed Brooks leads the league in sacks adds some ff and a couple picks

Brent
09-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Alex Smith will start all 16 games.

TheBoyWonder22
09-05-2011, 11:20 PM
Helu better not rush for more yards than Felix. Helu's not even starting, and they love Hightower.
I don't care it'll happen or I'll wear a 'Boys sig for the duration of the playoffs.

General Zod
09-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Bob Sanders will stay healthy the entire season.

Hows that?

Caulibflower
09-06-2011, 12:26 AM

Hows that?

Outrageously bold.

mqtirishfan
09-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Hows that?

*Bob Sanders tears his ACL upon reading this*

V.I.P
09-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Aaron Rodgers wins MVP

Caulibflower
01-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Best ones:

5. Colts miss playoffs.

the_dark_knight
01-07-2012, 01:42 PM
1. Dolphins win the "Andrew Luck Sweepstakes" with the worst record in the NFL, winning only 1 game(Washington).

2. Rams win the west with a 9-7 record then make it all the way to the NFC Championship Game vs the Falcons

3. Randy Moss stays retired

4. Colts miss playoffs/Texans win AFC South, lose to Ravens in AFC championship.

5. Matt Ryan wins MVP, Jamaal Charles wins OPOY, Mario Williams wins DPOY, Julio Jones wins OROY, Nick Fairley wins DROY

6. HOMER- Victor Cruz or Ramses Barden breaks out in a big way

Crazy crazy crazy. Who picks Victor Cruz seriously!? that's fantastic dude lol. I hope you're as right about the Falcons making the NFCCG as you were these other things.

Lots of big time hits in this thread.

phlysac
01-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Some of my favorites...

#1 Defense-Tampa Bay

4. 49ers 3-13

SuperPacker
01-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Some of my favorites...

But if the Eagles had a better offensive line, better defensive tackles and better linebackers they would of been 15-1 so technically he was right ;)

V.I.P
01-07-2012, 03:24 PM

i am very good

GaMeTiMe
01-07-2012, 03:33 PM
i am very good

But when you're bad, you're bad.

SuperPacker
01-07-2012, 03:47 PM
But when you're bad, you're bad.

+rep if i could :) made me lol

gpngc
01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
FUNBUNCHER predicted the Colts would have #1 pick. That and the Cruz prediction by OSUGiants are the most impressive.

I'm surprised with how many of us predicted the Eagles demise.

Also noticed that no one picked SF or CIN to do anything.

I picked Denver to make the playoffs and Stafford to go over 5000 yards but otherwise my **** didn't stick. Although Donnie Avery still has a chance to make the Pro Bowl if like one thousand AFC receiver bow out.

tjsunstein
02-02-2012, 05:38 PM

Just to add onto my predictions on the first page.

5. Colts miss playoffs.

These threads are fun! I've been looking for this thread for a little bit because I can't deal with anymore of the Super Bowl talk. There are quite a few gems here. And of course, I had to quote myself seeing as people are being called out in individual threads for being wrong.

K Train
02-02-2012, 05:46 PM
4. Rob Gronkowski becomes the best red zone target in the league and a top 3 fantasy TE. Hernandez takes a back seat to him, and he becomes Brady's new go-to guy, over Wes Welker.

damn....lol

tjsunstein
02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
It's threads like these that warrant rep rape.

Giantsfan1080
02-02-2012, 05:53 PM
It's threads like these that warrant rep rape.

I don't know I feel like the JBCX prediction thread is what helped the Giants go on this run. I hate the term but talk about an epic fail.

PoopSandwich
02-02-2012, 06:37 PM

This is probably my favorite post reading just the first page.

Josh Freeman MVP nominee followed by a "homer pick" of LeGarrette Blount.

scottyboy
02-02-2012, 06:48 PM
i looked through this to see what I posted and see how good I was...and my predictions were all ridiculous rutgers predictions.

good god I'm a useless poster

Brent
02-02-2012, 06:50 PM
Suck it, nerds!

- Alex Smith leads the 49ers to the NFC West Title at 8-8
he was half right

Pat Sims 90
02-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Good ole bucfan12 and his Andy Dalton and the Bengals will go 0-16.

Raiderz4Life
02-02-2012, 08:15 PM
i looked through this to see what I posted and see how good I was...and my predictions were all ridiculous rutgers predictions.

good god I'm a useless poster

Maybe...

But we still love having you around =)

MetSox17
02-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Andy Dalton having a winning record is a good one. I wish someone would have predicted how Laurent Robinson would come back from the dead and rape his single man coverages.

descendency
02-02-2012, 11:51 PM

The Chiefs, however, over achieved and will now be saddled with tough schedule that they will probably lose quite a few games and be stuck with 6-7 wins this year.

50% right :(

yodabear
02-03-2012, 12:43 AM
SUPER BOWL
Patriots over redacted for being wrong

Proof I had something right to get some people off my back!!!!! Uhhhh, I think I was wrong on a lot tho lol.

Rosebud
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
- Either the New York Giants or the New Orleans Saints will be the team to emerge from the NFC playoff field to play in the Super Bowl. Everyone is down on the Giants in the offseason due to some losses in free agency, and a lack of interesting moves made. On the contrary, I believe this team could be one of the strongest in the league this year. The defense will be potent with a slew of new defensive stars emerging, and Eli Manning will have a career year throwing to emerging stars such as Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz. Similarly, the Saints have flown under the radar, but have quietly had a stellar off-season by adding bruising power back Mark Ingram and several defensive linemen who will vastly improve their run and pass defense. This is a team that could easily regain the dominance they displayed just two years ago. Rather than the Packers or the Eagles, the 2011 Super Bowl will feature the Giants or the Saints playing against the AFC representative.

What. The. ****.

Bulldogs
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
What. The. ****.

Maybe he changed his mind?

Rosebud
02-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Maybe he changed his mind?

Yeah, but he called Eli's career year, Cruz's breakout and even hints at JPP's break out year.

Sloopy
02-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Yeah, but he called Eli's career year, Cruz's breakout and even hints at JPP's break out year.

Not to mention the fact that he contradicted his own Bears/Giants not winning a single playoff game prediction.

And didn't he call JPP soft or something? Or maybe it was something about getting clean up sacks.

DraftSavant
02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
This is what happens when you say **** for attention.

Sloopy
02-09-2012, 12:46 PM
1. Ravens take there division and the stealers miss the playoffs setting themselves up for a run to the AFC championship game against the Pats (no prediction on winner)

2. The NFC West becomes a good/competitive division

3. The Chiefs win the AFC west and the Lords of no rings miss the playoffs

4. Cam Newton isn't bad at all

5. Falcons represent the NFC in the Super Bowl

Homer: Cam Newton wins OROY and has the best year of any of the 2011 QB's and solidifies his spot as the starter: Despite what my brain tells me, just a gut feeling for some reason

I didn't do so bad.

I guess I did predict that Cam would do well... weird. Also OROY

Chiefs had a shot but the INJURIEZZZ.

Ravens Pats happened although the Steelers didn't miss the playoffs. Still the Ravens took their division

Sloopy
02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
This is what happens when you say **** for attention.

Looking back at the first page he got like 2.5 out of 7 predictions right so I'm less impressed now.

Rosebud
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Not to mention the fact that he contradicted his own Bears/Giants not winning a single playoff game prediction.

And didn't he call JPP soft or something? Or maybe it was something about getting clean up sacks.

This was before his Bears/Giants prediction. And it was that JPP didn't get enough pressures when he wasn't getting the sacks, because apparently all of those passes he batted down have no effect on the game.

PoopSandwich
02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
I thought the Browns would beat the Packers in the Super Bowl because Colt McCoy is amazing.