PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Help

fear the elf
08-13-2011, 12:27 PM
I, like many of you I'm sure, have fantasy drafts coming up soon. Since we each know our favorite teams better than anyone else, let's help each other out by giving some insider info on what's been happening in practice and preseason. Give us one guy for each category from your favorite team:

1. Certified, 100% stud

2. Sleeper/Surprise player

3. Former stud who will fall off or just a guy who will get overdrafted

I'll start:

BROWNS

1. Stud - Peyton Hillis, RB - I struggled with this one as the Browns don't have a stud that I'm 100% confident in. I would say be wary as he wore down last season, but if Hardesty stays healthy, he should do well spelling him which should keep him fresh late in the season. A solid (not spectacular) #2 RB, especially in PPR leagues.
2. Sleeper - Evan Moore, TE - He may be the 2nd guy (behind Ben Watson) but he's the talk of training camp so far. The coaches are getting him out wide and Colt is finding him in the endzone more than anyone else. Draft him late, he has high upside if he is used properly.
3. Former Stud - I don't think anyone on the Browns qualifies just yet, lol.

Btw, I think this is my first ever thread.

Matthew Jones
08-13-2011, 12:31 PM
1. Certified, 100% stud - TE Rob Gronkowski

By all accounts, he has been dominant in camp and I think he is going to be a very good starting tight end this season. Should catch double-digit touchdowns.

2. Sleeper/Surprise player - TE Aaron Hernandez

If anything were to happen to Gronkowski, Hernandez would become a solid starting option as well. As it is, he still receives a few looks each game.

3. Former stud who will fall off or just a guy who will get overdrafted - RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis

I wouldn't count on the same production this season considering the Patriots added both Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley.

V.I.P
08-13-2011, 12:41 PM
1. LeGarrette Blount

2. Mike williams

3. Kellen Winslow

tjsunstein
08-13-2011, 12:51 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers, we all know this. The Packers pass and aren't shy about it.

2. James Jones.

3. Ryan Grant, I think people will get caught up in the depth chart where he's listed at the starter but we have so many packages, and little desire to run. James Starks proved he can be serviceable and we drafted Alex Green from Hawaii for his receiving ability that will come into play often.

cvv84
08-13-2011, 01:29 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers, we all know this. The Packers pass and aren't shy about it.

2. James Jones.

3. Ryan Grant, I think people will get caught up in the depth chart where he's listed at the starter but we have so many packages, and little desire to run. James Starks proved he can be serviceable and we drafted Alex Green from Hawaii for his receiving ability that will come into play often.

I think most people know that already. I'd actually say Greg Jennings for #3. With Jermichael Finley back he's going to take targets away from Jennings, which we saw last year in the first 5 games of the season.

tjsunstein
08-13-2011, 01:32 PM
I think most people know that already. I'd actually say Greg Jennings for #3. With Jermichael Finley back he's going to take targets away from Jennings, which we saw last year in the first 5 games of the season.
If not for Rodgers, I would have had Jennings at #1. Jermichael takes some targets away but he also attracts the attention of the safety. Works both ways, I think. More prone to big plays that way.

cvv84
08-13-2011, 02:00 PM
If not for Rodgers, I would have had Jennings at #1. Jermichael takes some targets away but he also attracts the attention of the safety. Works both ways, I think. More prone to big plays that way.

The proof was last year, Finley was targeted much more than Jennings. Once Finley went down Jennings became the #1 target. Plus with Jones back, Nelson emerging, and rookies Cobb/Williams in the mix I think alot of people are going to overvalue Jennings.

Hurricanes25
08-13-2011, 02:06 PM
1. Shonn Greene- He has snown flashes of being very good and he'll be getting the majority of the carries this year. he should score a lot of Td's this year.

2. Mark Sanchez- This was a pretty tough choice as I was considering Dustin Keller. Mark is entering his 3rd year in the league and I expect him to step it up a little more this year. He has nice targets to throw to, especially in the redzone.

3. Tomlinson- This was an easy way out pick but like I said, I really think Shonn Greene is going to have a big year.

ChiFan24
08-13-2011, 02:13 PM
1. Forte
2. Cutler
3. uhhh....Knox?