SUN, AUG 21
Cincinnati at NY Jets 7:00 PM
San Diego at Dallas 8:00 PM
MON, AUG 22
Chicago at NY Giants 8:00 PM

DISCUSS

V.I.P
08-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Pats vs Bucs is blacked out ... here we go again.

hawkeye123
08-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Battle of the Bay.

Hopefully we don't embarrass ourselves again.

bucfan12
08-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Pats vs Bucs is blacked out ... here we go again.

Will re-air at 11:00 thursday ngiht on NFL Network.

killxswitch
08-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Hope you Skins fans enjoy mauling the Colts 58 - 13.

JBCX
08-16-2011, 01:56 PM
Hope you Skins fans enjoy mauling the Colts 58 - 13.

Jerry Hughes will single-handedly shut the Redskins down! I predict 5 sacks, at least.

ElectricEye
08-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I just can't get used to games on Thursday. Excited to get a look at some of the guys battling for positions yet again. It will be interesting to see how Solder plays against some of those Tampa DE prospects.

OSUGiants17
08-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Monday Night football? Uh oh, the Giants suck when they play primetime

Nalej
08-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Will the Pats/Bucs game be replayed on NFLN even if it's blacked out?

bantx
08-16-2011, 02:13 PM
I was suppose to go to the chargers vs cowboys game and it being my first chargers game :C

bucfan12
08-16-2011, 02:16 PM
I think we'll see an interesting game in Tampa/New England. Both teams starters are figured to play a qtr, maybe a series or 2 in the 2nd qtr as well.

V.I.P
08-16-2011, 02:17 PM

I think so, i'ma just watch it online. It will be re-broadcast 3 times locally Starting to think the blackout is a good thing :)

By the way, it looks like WTSP will televise the game three times, according to TV Guide:
Thu, Aug 18 11:35 PM
Fri, Aug 19 8:00 PM
Sat, Aug 20 12:00 PM

Now that's awesome.

Nalej
08-16-2011, 02:23 PM
I think we'll see an interesting game in Tampa/New England. Both teams starters are figured to play a qtr, maybe a series or 2 in the 2nd qtr as well.

I thought I read the Pats were going to play their real starters the entire first half. Could be wrong though.

bucfan12
08-16-2011, 02:30 PM

Yeah it will.

V.I.P
08-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I thought I read the Pats were going to play their real starters the entire first half. Could be wrong though.

Really? That would be awesome. Freeman, and the first team is expected to get the whole first and a couple series into the second. Same goes for the defense (minus Aqib Talib & Brian Price).

niel89
08-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Hopefully all these QBs will come back down to earth. I feel like almost every QB looked good in limited action.

vidae
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Haley is on record saying he probably won't play starters again. Hooray. 3rd and 4th teamers scrubbing it up.. exciting!

K Train
08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Steelers/Eagles is one i always enjoy.

Secondary and Oline are getting a ton of reps with new faces

Raiderz4Life
08-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Gtdamn, I hope Oakland looks good. I will look forward to our D-line vs their O-line and QB.

RCAChainGang
08-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Jerry Hughes will single-handedly shut the Redskins down! I predict 5 sacks, at least.

I hope you are kidding

Pat Sims 90
08-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Will interesting to see how Dalton does vs Jet Def.

DoughBoy
08-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Will interesting to see how Dalton does vs Jet Def.

R.I.P Gun-slinging Ginger.

V.I.P
08-16-2011, 05:17 PM
LGB (http://twitter.com/#!/L_Blount27) just made a Twitter! Yeah, i'm excited, so what!

SuperMcGee
08-16-2011, 05:34 PM
LGB (http://twitter.com/#!/L_Blount27) just made a Twitter! Yeah, i'm excited, so what!

I give it 3 days until he's asking for nudes.

Nalej
08-16-2011, 05:35 PM
hahahahahahaha

Go_Eagles77
08-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Eagles starters playing whole first half on Fox Thursday night.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liuzbqmmPk1qbvc38o1_250.png

M.O.T.H.
08-16-2011, 05:48 PM
10 days between preseason games for Dallas. bleh.

Anyway, at least it's on national tv this time.

No Tashard Choice or Demarco Murray again, hopefully Lonyae Miller has a good game.

V.I.P
08-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Did anyone just hear Willie McGinest on NFLN? He sounded like a complete idiot. I mean i don't the Eagles are gonna win the Super Bowl, but he reasoning was downright awful.

bucfan12
08-16-2011, 06:47 PM
10 days between preseason games for Dallas. bleh.

Anyway, at least it's on national tv this time.

No Tashard Choice or Demarco Murray again, hopefully Lonyae Miller has a good game.

I heard Choice is on the bubble and most likely will be cut because of Lonyae Millers play?

BTW, I was a HUGE supporter of Miller last year. Cowboys got a solid player.

Unbiased
08-16-2011, 07:04 PM
I heard Choice is on the bubble and most likely will be cut because of Lonyae Millers play?

I heard that too but he was awful last week.

Nalej
08-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Did anyone just hear Willie McGinest on NFLN? He sounded like a complete idiot. I mean i don't the Eagles are gonna win the Super Bowl, but he reasoning was downright awful.

I thought the first two were legit. (chemistry and target on their back)
3rd one, other good nfc teams was pretty weak.

Bengalsrocket
08-16-2011, 08:36 PM

I didn't see him on NFLN but I think that is a really legit reason. NFC is the stronger conference imo. The AFC might have a couple really good teams at the top (Pats, Colts, Steelers, Jets & Ravens) but the NFC is stacked through out with tons of talent. Teams like the Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Bucs and Saints are all contenders and none of them are considered the best team in their division (imo anyways). Once you add in Packers, Falcons & Possibly the Rams (or Seahawks, depending on who you believe is the strongest in that division) and all of the sudden you have a really strong conference that the Eagles will have to battle through. And whoever does end up in the Superbowl will be relying on more than just a little luck to get there.

JBCX
08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
I didn't see him on NFLN but I think that is a really legit reason. NFC is the stronger conference imo. The AFC might have a couple really good teams at the top (Pats, Colts, Steelers, Jets & Ravens) but the NFC is stacked through out with tons of talent. Teams like the Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Bucs and Saints are all contenders and none of them are considered the best team in their division (imo anyways). Once you add in Packers, Falcons & Possibly the Rams (or Seahawks, depending on who you believe is the strongest in that division) and all of the sudden you have a really strong conference that the Eagles will have to battle through. And whoever does end up in the Superbowl will be relying on more than just a little luck to get there.

The Bucs were a mirage last year. The Cowboys and the Giants don't have enough talent to stack up with the elite in the NFC. The only elite teams in the NFC are the Falcons, Saints, Packers, and Eagles. That still is alot, but it's basically on par with the AFC which has the Jets, Patriots, Steelers, and probably the Texans or the Ravens this year as the four elite teams.

M.O.T.H.
08-16-2011, 08:49 PM
I heard that too but he was awful last week.

He had no where to run all game, because of ****** backup offensive line play. He's been lighting up camp, hopefully he'll get to see some work behind the starting line this time.

V.I.P
08-16-2011, 09:15 PM

Thought the "target on their back" was pretty silly. If anyone has a "target on their back" it is the super bowl champs, not the Eagles.

Nalej
08-16-2011, 10:15 PM
The Heat put a target on their back and they weren't the defending champs.
Remember, the term "Dream Team" was being floated around as well

PackerLegend
08-16-2011, 10:37 PM

Vick out for season with torn ACL in meaningless preseason game..... AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Go_Eagles77
08-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Vick out for season with torn ACL in meaningless preseason game..... AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.ragemaker.net/images/Surprised%20-%20Amazed/wait.png

bucfan12
08-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Honestly, I think the league is going to be very competitive and there won't be any easy wins, unless you're playing the Bengals or Titans this year. Those two teams, to me, are going to be lost. Chris Johnson is more than likely going to miss timedue to contract concerns and there QB and WR situations are awful. They lost coaching on defense and arent strong on the d-line.

In Cincy, they have a very young QB who I didn';t think was worth that high of a pick and that is going to hurt them.

They're going to be bad in the secondary and who knows about the d-line.

bucfan12
08-16-2011, 11:39 PM
honestly heres how I see it:

1. Green Bay
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. Atlanta
5. New Orleans
6. Baltimore
7. Philadelphia (Not a fan of building through FA, won't work)
8. San Diego
9. New York Jets (Still well coached, as much as I dislike Rex)
10. Houston (Yes, they will dethrone Indy)
11. Tampa Bay
12. Chicago
13. Dallas
14. NY Giants
15. Kansas City
16. St. Louis (only bc I had to take 1 team from the West).
17. Detroit (as long as Stafford is healthy)
Those 17 teams listed are the teams I think will all be in contention for play off births. I think this is going to be a fun and interesting 2011 season.

Pat Sims 90
08-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Honestly, I think the league is going to be very competitive and there won't be any easy wins, unless you're playing the Bengals or Titans this year. Those two teams, to me, are going to be lost. Chris Johnson is more than likely going to miss timedue to contract concerns and there QB and WR situations are awful. They lost coaching on defense and arent strong on the d-line.

In Cincy, they have a very young QB who I didn';t think was worth that high of a pick and that is going to hurt them.

I hope everybody thinks this. When teams start overlooking other teams they end up losing to that team. No win is easy in the NFL no matter who you are playing.

Raiderz4Life
08-17-2011, 12:12 AM
I hope everybody thinks this. When teams start overlooking other teams they end up losing to that team. No win is easy in the NFL no matter who you are playing.

No i'm pretty sure y'all, carolina, and washington are gonna blow. I just disagree that Tenn will be an easy win...they're better than the other 3 imo.

bucfan12
08-17-2011, 12:37 AM
No i'm pretty sure y'all, carolina, and washington are gonna blow. I just disagree that Tenn will be an easy win...they're better than the other 3 imo.

I seriously dont think so. Carolina has improved at the d-line and get a few healthy LBs back as well in Davis and Connor.

There secondary is better than it was last year.

Do they still lack talent at WR? Yes. Smith is getting up there and has noone on at WR to help. Greg Olsen was a good pick up along wiht Shockey and they have 3 very good RBs.

I think they will be better than you think with a new staff as well. Do I like Cam Newton as a franchsie QB in the future? No, but I think he can give them a spark, kind of what VY gave Tnnesee in his rookie year.

Also, Tenessee looks depleted to me and although Washington doesn't ahve a QB, they have a good enough defense to keep them in games. Cincy just seems like theyr're going to tank.

Splat
08-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Ndamukong Suh apparently fined $20,000 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/17/ndamukong-suh-apparently-fined-20000/)

V.I.P
08-17-2011, 01:08 PM
Eli Manning: I'm in the same class with Tom Brady (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6868654/eli-manning-sees-same-class-new-england-patriots-tom-brady)

thenewfeature06
08-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Top 10 yeah... lol enough said.

Overall he is good enough to win you some playoff games and may be considered a better performer than his brother in the playoffs.. not sure.

V.I.P
08-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Ndamukong Suh apparently fined $20,000 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/17/ndamukong-suh-apparently-fined-20000/)

Below is Suh's response from Twitter...

$20,000REALLY???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #NFL #BIGFAIL

sbh15
08-17-2011, 01:17 PM
i don't see a problem with that statement. honestly, once he starts cutting down on mistakes, he'll be in the discussion. he has a good record of making the playoffs, and puts up really good numbers, last season aside. although, he was terribly unlucky last season as far as tipped passes being converted to int's.

i don't agree with him by any means, but you have to like the confidence. if you don't think of yourself as elite, you're never going to get to that level.

Splat
08-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Cam Newton will start for Panthers on Friday (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/17/cam-newton-will-start-for-panthers-on-friday/)

keylime_5
08-17-2011, 01:54 PM
honestly heres how I see it:

1. Green Bay
2. New England
3. Pittsburgh
4. Atlanta
5. New Orleans
6. Baltimore
7. Philadelphia (Not a fan of building through FA, won't work)
8. San Diego
9. New York Jets (Still well coached, as much as I dislike Rex)
10. Houston (Yes, they will dethrone Indy)
11. Tampa Bay
12. Chicago
13. Dallas
14. NY Giants
15. Kansas City
16. St. Louis (only bc I had to take 1 team from the West).
17. Detroit (as long as Stafford is healthy)
Those 17 teams listed are the teams I think will all be in contention for play off births. I think this is going to be a fun and interesting 2011 season.

I think it's a safe bet that the Colts will be in contention for a playoff berth as well doncha think.........really if you add Arizona, San Fran, and Seattle to that list (NFCW is a total crapshoot to predict) it makes about 21.

thenewfeature06
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM
That isn't really too crazy lol.

He deserves to be looked at going against starters preseason or not.

jrdrylie
08-17-2011, 03:55 PM

I would love it if Choice was cut. I'm a big fan of his and I think if he gets a chance to start, he'll be very good. Heck, if he's cut, I'd like the Bears to cut Barber and pick up Choice instead.

Thecollegedropout
08-17-2011, 06:50 PM

You lousy sons of guns need to start using more of your starters in the annual week 4 meeting between Philly and NYJ.

Yeah it'll never happen since its the final week, which is basically the night off for the starter minus a few snaps but still! :(

Kafka vs McElroy week 4 heavyweight battle.....

Vince Young vs Mark Brunell as the appetizer. Mouth salivating.

TitanHope
08-17-2011, 08:11 PM

Also, Tenessee looks depleted to me and although Washington doesn't ahve a QB, they have a good enough defense to keep them in games. Cincy just seems like theyr're going to tank.

The Titans's WR corps has Kenny Britt, Nate Washington, Damian Williams, Justin Gage, Lavelle Hawkins, and Marc Mariani as the return ace. Plus, Jared Cook at TE is essentially a huge WR, and his routes have been extended farther downfield. I wouldn't say that's a top group, but it's definitely not awful. And so far, the QB situation actually looks promising, especially considering Hass and Locker are playing behind a great pass-blocking OL, and if CJ is back by the season, I think the surrounding cast for Hass will be far better than he had in Seattle.

As for defense, Washburn is the only coaching loss that hurt. Chuck Cecil was terrible as a DC, and Dave McGinnis was kept on as an assistant coach to help first time HC Mike Munchak. I am worried about the DT spot now that Jason Jones has moved to LE, since he was the pass-rushing UT. We've now got two big bodies in Shaun Smith and Jurrell Casey, who are run-stuffers rather than pass-rushers. Karl Klug looked great in preseason, but he's still a rookie so Sen'Derrick Marks needs to step it up and take on that role. DE is pretty solid though, with Jones at LE and Derrick Morgan at RE, and solid depth with Hayes, Ball, and Ford.

No CJ2K is a concern, but lets be honest. The team went 8-8 in the best year he'll ever have, and went 6-10 with him last year. It's important for them to have their best player, but great RB play isn't conducive for W/L success. Basically, if the Titans are going to be a bad team, they'll be bad with or without CJ. And we're probably only talking about a handful of games at most.

I don't mind if people think the Titans will be bad, and they certainly have a lot to prove. But the only part of your analysis I feel is truth is the DL strength, and the only parts I think validate your point, assuming they will come true, would be bad QB play and not being strong on the DL/losing the DL coach Jim Washburn.

tjsunstein
08-17-2011, 08:44 PM
The Titans receiving corp is pretty bad aside from Britt.

thenewfeature06
08-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah I think Nate is like a really good 3, when he is your 2 it isn't the best.

They are in that 18-25 range as a WR corp, just off the top of my head.

I always like Damian Williams though haha.

DoughBoy
08-17-2011, 09:10 PM

I'm not saying their great or anything, but it isn't terrible.Kenny Britt literally has all the talent in the world, Nate Washington is decent, Damian Williams looks like he is ready for a breakout season, Mariani has potential to develop and Jared Cook IS going to be a stud. We really need D-will to step into a #2 role so Nate can go back to his more natural fit in the slot.

TitanHope
08-17-2011, 09:40 PM

"The team's receiving corps is pretty bad aside from their #1 WR."

How many teams is this true for? And even so, Britt is still a part of the group, and he hasn't been suspended by the NFL and won't be by the Titans. Do you need two #1 caliber WR's in order to not be classified as "bad?"

Britt at X is perfect - He's a big, physical WR that can beat press coverage. Washington isn't ideal, especially with his inconsistency, but at Z his skillset as a deepthreat makes him solid. And I think Damian Williams at Y has a lot of potential. Britt is the go-to WR despite being at SE. Plus, Cookie at TE, who looks like the best receiving threat at TE the Titans have had since Wycheck.

Trust us guys. We're Titans fans. We're experts on bad WR's. I think thenewfeature's placement of 18-25 is fair. Not top half of the league. Not bottom of the league. Just average or slightly below, with the potential to get into the top half depending on Cook and Williams's development over the season.

DoughBoy
08-17-2011, 09:49 PM
"The team's receiving corps is pretty bad aside from their #1 WR."

How many teams is this true for? And even so, Britt is still a part of the group, and he hasn't been suspended by the NFL and won't be by the Titans. Do you need two #1 caliber WR's in order to not be classified as "bad?"

Britt at X is perfect - He's a big, physical WR that can beat press coverage. Washington isn't ideal, especially with his inconsistency, but at Z his skillset as a deepthreat makes him solid. And I think Damian Williams at Y has a lot of potential. Britt is the go-to WR despite being at SE. Plus, Cookie at TE, who looks like the best receiving threat at TE the Titans have had since Wycheck.

poor Floyd Reese, couldn't scout a WR or CB to save his life.

Trust us guys. We're Titans fans. We're experts on bad WR's. I think thenewfeature's placement of 18-25 is fair. Not top half of the league. Not bottom of the league. Just average or slightly below, with the potential to get into the top half depending on Cook and Williams's development over the season.

OMG what you talkin bout willis? Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Courtney Roby,Jake Schifino, Lavelle Hawkins, Paul Williams, Chris Davis,and Tyrone Calico:( were all great recivers... and they are only the ones we took before round 4 since 2003! Just imagine our great WR's from round 5 and beyond!

ElectricEye
08-17-2011, 10:00 PM
I like the Titans receiving core, personally. Not the best in the world or a team strength, but I wouldn't call it a weakness either. There's not a true number one target on the team, unless Britt has a breakout year, but there's a lot of guys that you can spread the ball around to and feel pretty good about. As mentioned, Jared Cook has a potential to be a difference maker at tight end in the vein of a Jermichael Finley. Explosive athlete for that position. But yeah, there's some things that need to come together, but I feel OK saying that the Titans can be at least average to a tick above in terms of receivers this year.

SuperMcGee
08-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Please don't talk about receiving depth. Not when my team has Donald Jones as the #2. It might be in name only, since Roscoe is the second option in the system, but still... it's Donald Jones.

nepg
08-17-2011, 10:07 PM
The Titans receivers depend on how Damian Williams develops this year. I think he'll turn out a good year and give them some nice options.

TitanHope
08-17-2011, 10:14 PM
OMG what you talkin bout willis? Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Courtney Roby,Jake Schifino, Lavelle Hawkins, Paul Williams, Chris Davis,and Tyrone Calico:( were all great recivers... and they are only the ones we took before round 4 since 2003! Just imagine our great WR's from round 5 and beyond!

And who could forget stellar FA acquisitions such as Eric Moulds, who had trouble catching the ball and driving his Hoveround at the same time, or Justin McCareins, who was the Robin to Justin Gage's Batman in 2008 (WE WENT 13-3 THAT YEAR! WITH ****** JUSTIN GAGE AND ******* JUSTIN MCCAREINS!).

It's funny because it's over now!

RufusMcDaniel
08-17-2011, 10:22 PM
And who could forget stellar FA acquisitions such as Eric Moulds, who had trouble catching the ball and driving his Hoveround at the same time, or Justin McCareins, who was the Robin to Justin Gage's Batman in 2008 (WE WENT 13-3 THAT YEAR! WITH ****** JUSTIN GAGE AND ******* JUSTIN MCCAREINS!).

I still believe in Biren Ealy

Go_Eagles77
08-17-2011, 10:22 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/jay_glazer

Just spoke w Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin, who said he's been cleared to play finally after months of tests for Lymphoma, type of cancer
Told me he's totally fine and was a virus that has left his body and expects to return once he recovers from last week's procedure.
Maclin said he didn't say anything bc he wasn't sure what it was he was fighting and was frustrated w all the rumors. Very difficult times

Awesome news, Maclin's one of the classier eagles and despite taking a backseat to DeSean in the attention department, he's probably the better all-around receiver. I was just getting comfortable with the idea of going into the season with Riley Cooper as a starter, haha. Supposedly Steve Smith might be ready earlier than expected, too.

SuperMcGee
08-17-2011, 10:29 PM

Respect E-Mo and his short, unnecessary jumps to let the ball come into his gut.

DoughBoy
08-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Respect E-Mo and his short, unnecessary jumps to let the ball come into his gut.

Moulds was around 100,000 years old when he started playing with us,I'm pretty sure he lost all his ability to make unnecessary jumps.... Also, I remember that year our coaches said he was the most impressive WR on our roster.... good times, good times.

V.I.P
08-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Please don't talk about receiving depth. Not when my team has Donald Jones as the #2.

http://i56.tinypic.com/33xejwl.jpg

SuperMcGee
08-17-2011, 10:58 PM
I can understand not playing David Nelson outside, but Jones pretty much just does nothing well. He had one good game last year, when Fitz came back to tear Cincy's defense a new asshole, but really only has this job by process of elimination of fellow below average receivers.

Complex
08-17-2011, 11:44 PM

Did you mention David Givens? I actually liked Justin McCareins before he went to the Jets especially in madden when he was our fastest WR in madden for a couple years.

JBCX
08-18-2011, 12:13 AM
The Titans are not all that terrible. They definitely have talent in the D-Line (Jason Jones, Derrick Morgan) in the secondary (Alteraun Verner, Griffin) and on offense (CJ, Kenny Britt) but the main problem is that their QB is going to be either totally washed up Matt Hasselbeck or rookie Jake Locker. You really can't expect anything out of Hasselbeck and Locker, regardless of how good he will eventually be, is nevertheless a rookie and this year, after this lockout, there isn't going to be a single rookie QB that performs well.

Regardless of talent on the team, both the Titans and the Bengals are going to struggle by default because their starting QBs will be rookies.

JBCX
08-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Awesome news, Maclin's one of the classier eagles and despite taking a backseat to DeSean in the attention department, he's probably the better all-around receiver. I was just getting comfortable with the idea of going into the season with Riley Cooper as a starter, haha. Supposedly Steve Smith might be ready earlier than expected, too.

If both Steve Smith and Maclin can play early, this could possibly be a historically good WR corps. I mean, DeSean Jackson, Jason Avant, Steve Smith, and Jeremy Maclin... and then anything you get from Riley Cooper (who looks awesome so far) is just gravy.

There have been better #1 WRs, and better WR duos, but can you name me a better 1-5 WR corps than those 5 guys?

Factor in Brent Celek, Donald Lee, and Clay Harbor, and LeSean McCoy, and this offense will score A TON of points this season.

nepg
08-18-2011, 12:30 AM
If both Steve Smith and Maclin can play early, this could possibly be a historically good WR corps. I mean, DeSean Jackson, Jason Avant, Steve Smith, and Jeremy Maclin... and then anything you get from Riley Cooper (who looks awesome so far) is just gravy.

There have been better #1 WRs, and better WR duos, but can you name me a better 1-5 WR corps than those 5 guys?

Factor in Brent Celek, Donald Lee, and Clay Harbor, and LeSean McCoy, and this offense will score A TON of points this season.
Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney, and ... the Patriots only used 4 receivers that year (Kelley Washington was on the team as the ST ace and Chad Jackson's injured ass was floating around somewhere).

niel89
08-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Let's not get out of hand here. They could really be a great group but I'm going to wait until they hit the field before trying to put them historically anywhere.

That Patriots group is hands down a better group though.

Monomach
08-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Monday Night football? Uh oh, the Giants suck when they play primetime

The last time they played the Bears in prime time, they knocked two QBs out of the game.

JBCX
08-18-2011, 09:01 AM
The last time they played the Bears in prime time, they knocked two QBs out of the game.

That game was hilarious. I've never seen two QBs take more punishment in a single game.

I'm confident that we will be treated to more of these Chicago sackfests this year unless J'Marcus Webb suddenly becomes competent and/or Gabe Carimi is the rookie of the year.

The Bears play the Packers twice , Saints, Lions, Eagles, and Falcons this year. Should be a lot of defensive linemen getting sacks in those games. And they also get to see Tamba Hali in Week 13! That man could set the single-game sack record.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Donte Stallworth, Jabar Gaffney, and ... the Patriots only used 4 receivers that year (Kelley Washington was on the team as the ST ace and Chad Jackson's injured ass was floating around somewhere).
What happened to that Edelman guy?

bucfan12
08-18-2011, 03:05 PM
I want to see how much the Pats work Taylor Price in with the 1st team. He's got talent from a small school prospect last year. I think he can contribute as a 2/3 WR, although I'm not too familar what they have at WR besides BRanch, Ocho, Edelman and Tate.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Price is dinged up and probably won't play tonight. I would personally like to see that as well, but it's probably not happening tonight :/

bucfan12
08-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Price is dinged up and probably won't play tonight. I would personally like to see that as well, but it's probably not happening tonight :/

Ahh I got ya bro. I kind of wanted to see how Talib would play tonight, but he's just got a sore hamstring, so coaches will hold him out. Nothing serious, but don't want any risks.

I kind of want to see how Freeman performs. He prides himself on emulating his game off of Manning and Brady. Want to see how he matches up with him. Beleichick even had high praises for the Bucs offense and especially Freeman. Glad to hear it from a great coach.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 06:30 PM
TBO_Buccaneers TBO Buccaneers
Anwar: #Bucs inactives: WR Arrelious Benn CB Myron Lewis CB Aqib Talib, S Ahmad Black TE Luke Stocker DT Roy Miller & DT Brian Price #NFL

also - starters will get about 15 plays as opposed to last weeks 20+

Edit: Dezmon Briscoe will have 5 catches 82 yrds, and a TD =)

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 06:33 PM
This weeks edition of the Dane Fletcher show! Whoo.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Second straight week a RB breaks a 20+ yrd run vs our first team D.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 06:43 PM
I thought TB was suppose to have a Def now.

bucfan12
08-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Damn, pats look sharp

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
That was so awesome. All of it. I LOVE the way that we're playing aggressively on defense. We rushed six guys for the first time in a few years there and faked like we were rushing eight. The anticipation on that Brady throw was great as well. Hopefully he and Hernandez continue to build that chemistry up.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I thought TB was suppose to have a Def now.

You thought wrong buddy.

Mason Foster isn't so good in coverage :/

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Warren just blew that play right up. This 4-3 thing isn't so bad after all.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
lolz TB offense looks like the Bengals.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Our o-line that bad or NE's pass rush that good?

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Screen on 3rd 19 when did TB hire Bob Bratkowski?

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Love, love, love the aggression. Hopefully we can keep this up into the regular season. That's what this defense has been missing in recent years. Sort of sucks we've been blowing stuff up like this though because we really need to get a look at our safeties with Merri on the **** list.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 06:55 PM
That a boy, Foster.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 06:56 PM
We're clearly just trying to bomb it out for Chad right now. Not a bad idea because we need to get it to work in game action, but it's weird watching Brady leave so much on the field.

bucfan12
08-18-2011, 06:57 PM
This is a masacre

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Chad doing what he does best now.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
That a'boy Chad.

bucfan12
08-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Screen on 3rd 19 when did TB hire Bob Bratkowski?

What else would you do on 3rd and 19? Dumby.

bucfan12
08-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Chad doing what he does best now.

Yeah, people don't realize he's washed up. It wasn't just Cincy. I can see him losing his job to Price

Jvig43
Damn I'm trying not to get too excited watching this team in preseason.

Pat Sims 90
TB looks awful tonight.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:00 PM
What else would you do on 3rd and 19? Dumby.

At least try and make it close to a 1st down.

bucfan12
08-18-2011, 07:01 PM
TB looks awful tonight.

Bengals won't win a game there big guy. And yes, they do look horrendous. Oh well, get there young butts wooped now then when it actually counts right?

ElectricEye
Damn I'm trying not to get too excited watching this team in preseason.

This is fantastic though. Everything is working right now. Really like the way Solder has looked so far as well. He's making mistakes, but he can make up for it with his athletic ability.

V.I.P
Patriots put up 50+ points consecutive games to start off the preseason

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Bengals won't win a game there big guy. And yes, they do look horrendous. Oh well, get there young butts wooped now then when it actually counts right?

Oh man that hurt......lolz

Jvig43
08-18-2011, 07:03 PM
This is fantastic though. Everything is working right now. Really like the way Solder has looked so far as well. He's making mistakes, but he can make up for it with his athletic ability.

I'm a skeptic of starting him right now but I will admit he has looked pretty good thus far.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:04 PM
God Damn it Aikman and Bradshaw on Fox for Philly/Pit i hate them both as commentators.

bucfan12
08-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Just read that inside the lockerroom, that most of the bengals players support Carson Palmers decision to leave the team. Geez, whats going on down there?

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:05 PM
I'm a skeptic of starting him right now but I will admit he has looked pretty good thus far.

I'm surprised at how technically proficient he looks. Looks well coached. Doing all the right things in terms of directing pass rushers away from Brady. He still needs to get bigger and more aggressive, but he's clearly been getting a lot of productive time with Dante Scarnecchia.

BeerBaron
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Woooo, got a link to work. My plugins need upgraded....I'll probably have to bribe one of the IT guys to do it on my work computer before the regular season.

SolidGold
08-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Just read that inside the lockerroom, that most of the bengals players support Carson Palmers decision to leave the team. Geez, whats going on down there?

Mike Brown...poor franchise management? no real surprise there...hope you were being sarcastic

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 07:07 PM
We look so out of sync

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Just blitz Mayo every time if it's going to work that well. So weird to see him do it, he really was never asked to do it up until this point.

Basileus777
08-18-2011, 07:08 PM
The Bucs were just overconfident after facing the Chiefs 3rd stringers.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:08 PM

If u talk to alot of the players they are actually happy Palmer is gone because they said he was not much of a leader. They are actually a team now that Carson, Chad, and TO are gone now.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Who is NE's right end? He man-handled Donald Penn..

Edit: #93, Andre Carter?

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Who is NE's right end? He man-handled Donald Penn..

It was either Mark Anderson or Andre Carter. Pretty sure it was Anderson.

BeerBaron
08-18-2011, 07:11 PM
It was either Mark Anderson or Andre Carter. Pretty sure it was Anderson.

I find that highly unlikely unless Donald Penn is playing with arm tied behind his back.

Jvig43
08-18-2011, 07:12 PM
lol wait what?

BeerBaron
08-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Mark Anderson "man-handling" someone.

BradysKnee
08-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Andre ******* Carter is a tank.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Want to see more Woodhead.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Mark Anderson "man-handling" someone.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/144/037/haters_gonna_hate_by_genshihebi-d36bgfk.gif

Anderson has looked good so far.

Heck of a block by Solder there.

SolidGold
08-18-2011, 07:17 PM
New England looks to just be an efficient scoring machine. Even though its preseason its impressive.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Is Bill going to run up the score tonight?

Jvig43
08-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Is Bill going to run up the score tonight?

Are the bucs planning on showing up tonight?

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Are the bucs planning on showing up tonight?

lol does not look like it. I think they switched places with the Bengals.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Ok, at this point this is just ****** blocking.

BeerBaron
08-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Ok, at this point this is just ****** blocking.

"Mark Anderson got through unblocked."

The one way he can get sacks.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Freeman 3 0f 8 for the night, impressive.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
"Mark Anderson got through unblocked."

The one way he can get sacks.

That's usually the only way we get sacks anyway. Tully Banta-Cain made a living doing that for us. Except he couldn't even do that last year, unless it was the Bills. So as long as Anderson shows up for games against people other than Buffalo, it's an upgrade haha.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Again a lot of sloppy Football going on tonight from both games. Damn u Lockout

BradysKnee
08-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Now, is this the patriots kickin ass?
The bucs playing like ass?
Or both?

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Damn. Connolly got abused there.

Jvig43
08-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Bucs decided to actually show up for a few plays.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Nice pass rush GMC. Can't believe we made em punt.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Samuel gave up a TD to Antonio Brown.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Bucs OL reminds me of Bengals OL last year.

SolidGold
08-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Nice block in the back by Ward

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Pittsburgh showing how to beat Philly this year with running the ball and dink and dunk passes.

fenikz
08-18-2011, 07:45 PM
run directly at DRC & Samuel

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Yayyy Josh Johnsonzzz in da game!

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Darius Butler still sucks. He got toasted there and celebrated for no god damn reason. If that's Freesus, that's a touchdown.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Andre Carter is beasting it up tonight.

niel89
08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
The Fox announcers are slowly killing my soul.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah, he's completely decimating every linemen on him. You could see the coached pumped about it on the sidelines.

SolidGold
08-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Whats the Pats 3-4/4-3 defensive front ratio?

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Andre Carter stop making James Lee hold you!

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Vick Interception. Also only way Carter can be stopped tonight is TB hold him.

BradysKnee
08-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Whats the Pats 3-4/4-3 defensive front ratio?

Ive noticed about a 80/20 4-3 3-4.

niel89
08-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Apparently no one told Roethlisberger that he wasn't allowed to pass on the Eagles.

tjsunstein
08-18-2011, 08:01 PM
The Steelers should just call the game. They're getting too banged up out there.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:02 PM
Ok, Solder finally got smoked once.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Ok, Solder finally got smoked once.

yeah he got blown up.... his lack of strength really showed on that play

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 08:03 PM
The Steelers are not going to have a OL after this game.

Jakey
08-18-2011, 08:06 PM
The Steelers are not going to have a OL after this game.

Apart from Pouncey, they didnt have one to begin with lol

SuperMcGee
Bobby April sighting :(

Jeez, Vick.

Pat Sims 90
Vick looks awful tonight.

SolidGold
Vick not looking to sharp

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Josh Johnson is making stuff happens when the play breaks down. I really would like to see him start for someone at some point.

SolidGold
08-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Is Mallet going to play over Hoyer in the second half?

niel89
08-18-2011, 08:09 PM
That was just awful by Vick. He had plenty of time and just had a terrible pass. In a normal game I think he would have just ran it.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Josh Johnson is making stuff happens when the play breaks down. I really would like to see him start for someone at some point.

Same here. I love that little athletic bastard.

niel89
08-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Leftwich looks like he is scrabbling in mud.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 08:12 PM
I forgot how ugly Leftwich throwing motion is.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Clay Matthews hair > Casey Matthews hair

SuperMcGee
08-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Tell us more about how guys from the 60's had slow releases, thus making it okay for Leftwich and Tebow to do their mega-windups.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Want the TB/NE game to come back from half so i don't have to listen to Fox anymore.

Pat Sims 90
08-18-2011, 08:26 PM
OMG Vick your a dumbass.

niel89
08-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I wish I got the NE/TB broadcast. Watching Vick struggle to find a receiver it boring now.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 08:27 PM
Wat was more sexy? The Vick's elusiveness or the tackle he made?

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:28 PM
That was an absolutely awful throw by Mallet.

Pat Sims 90
Yea Mallet Pick 6.

proshoota25
That was an absolutely awful throw by Mallet.

confusion with the route i think

SuperMcGee
Michael Vick shooting himself into Troy Polamalu's legs is exactly what I want to see in preseason.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:29 PM
confusion with the route i think

Yeah, must have been. Still, there wasn't anyone in the same area code even and there were two defenders sitting in zone less about five yards away. Bad read.

gpngc
08-18-2011, 08:30 PM
No one wants to play a pay fantasy league? Here's the thread: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48389

It will cost you $20.60 to join and the winner will make over 200 bucks.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 08:32 PM
ridley looks great. i love our group of RBs. im excited to see vareen when he finally plays

Pat Sims 90
New England has too many RBs.

ElectricEye
God damn. Ridley is a good looking runner. He's like Lawfirm with speed and the ability to catch.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 08:34 PM
i know its early about ridley... but hes looking like a gem/steal...... remember when everyone was crying about how ridley was probably one of the biggest reaches of the drafT? lol

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I fully own up to that. It looked weird at the time. Apparently Bill is smarter than we are haha.

Mallet is struggling with timing and reads tonight. That was a gimme for the touchdown with a good throw.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I fully own up to that. It looked weird at the time. Apparently Bill is smarter than we are haha.

Mallet is struggling with timing and reads tonight. That was a gimme for the touchdown with a good throw.

agreed. smart decision tho on third and long... not forcing anything and taking the checkdown... allowing them to get into field goal range

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 08:37 PM
This isn't really a good way to judge your RB depth, our run D is terrible.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 08:38 PM
This isn't really a good way to judge your RB depth, our run D is terrible.

yeah but hes been impressive in two games now, and has been at our practices too..... as he fumbles lol

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Ridley isn't a depth player. He figures to get some carries this year. Awful defense or not, he's been showing off good skills in both games and camp.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Devin McCourty still in the game in the 3rd qtr? Isn't he like the number one corner back?

PackerLegend
08-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Hmmm im confused.. Whose the dream team because the Eagles sure dont look like it tonight. Maybe VY was talking about the Steelers because so far they have looked pretty good. The Eagles not so much.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Devin McCourty still in the game? Isn't he like the number one corner back?

Yes he is. I figure hes in there to communicate and get more experience with the secondary. bill has been really pissed about the wya the secondary has played and communicated throughout training camp. the way he solves these issues by playing them through it and trying to improve in game situations

BeerBaron
08-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Buddy Farnham. New England loves their little white guys.

JBCX
08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Hmmm im confused.. Whose the dream team because the Eagles sure dont look like it tonight. Maybe VY was talking about the Steelers because so far they have looked pretty good. The Eagles not so much.

It's actually pretty shocking how bad the Eagles look. I thought it would be impossible to have bad defense with all of the talent the Eagles have, but it looks downright awful. It's like a sieve.

I'm beginning to think that the Eagles might actually have a sub-.500 season.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
We never let them make the team though. We've cut the Ventrone brothers more times than I can count. Farnham is likely to get cut as well.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 08:47 PM
slater is playing above average for himself at WR. hes def going to make this team

PackerLegend
08-18-2011, 08:49 PM
It's actually pretty shocking how bad the Eagles look. I thought it would be impossible to have bad defense with all of the talent the Eagles have, but it looks downright awful. It's like a sieve.

I'm beginning to think that the Eagles might actually have a sub-.500 season.

Its only the 2nd preseason game so its still very early. The Eagles have lots of talent but lots of new players. Theres not much for chemistry so who knows how it will turn out. Can Mike Vick be as good as last year? Who knows time will tell. Every season is differnt and you can go from 12-4 to 4-12 and vice versa quickly.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:50 PM
slater is playing above average for himself at WR. hes def going to make this team

Too much special teams value for him not to. Any kind of life from him at wide receiver is just gravy. Can't see him taking any time from anyone there, but he's an option in an emergency.

Brandon Tate is really on the outside looking in if we decide to carry 6 receivers.

BeerBaron
08-18-2011, 08:50 PM
God dammit these touchbacks are ******* annoying.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Too much special teams value for him not to. Any kind of life from him at wide receiver is just gravy. Can't see him taking any time from anyone there, but he's an option in an emergency.

Brandon Tate is really on the outside looking in if we decide to carry 6 receivers.

def. agree here... especially since we know that kickoffs are almost nonexistant anymore...

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:53 PM
def. agree here... especially since we know that kickoffs are almost nonexistant anymore...

I would hope that we could trade him for a 6th or 7th round pick just so we can dictate his destination. You just know the Jets are waiting in the wings to pick him up the second we put him on the street. Not something that would keep me lying awake at night thinking about if they did get him, but it's more an annoyance.

niel89
08-18-2011, 08:55 PM
The kickoff rule is failing miserably. It was worth a shot to try something that would enhance player safety, but its just not working out. I don't expect the rule to stick around past this season, hopefully sooner though.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:57 PM
I think the NFL is too proud not to let it play out for a season. It just changed the game way too much. They need to just tell Polian to **** off and just do what's right.

Giantsfan1080
08-18-2011, 08:57 PM
I would hope that we could trade him for a 6th or 7th round pick just so we can dictate his destination. You just know the Jets are waiting in the wings to pick him up the second we put him on the street. Not something that would keep me lying awake at night thinking about if they did get him, but it's more an annoyance.

Jets thought the same thing about Woodhead last year.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Jets thought the same thing about Woodhead last year.

I'm sure they did. I'm just not sure that Brandon Tate will ever be more than a guy who beats garbage coverage. He just isn't a good route runner and his hands stink. I would love for him to prove me wrong for anyone, just hopefully not the Jets.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 09:05 PM
meriweather is terrible

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Pats picked up Niko Koutivites? ahahaha

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 09:06 PM
meriweather is terrible

Careful; you might get shot.

Saints-Tigers
08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I pretty much thought every LSU back to come out over the last few years would be good.

Except Ridley.

Lol me.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah TD!!!!! Take that Belichick !!!!

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Ridley and Vereen is going to be a damn good tandem.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Gaitor Island!

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 09:22 PM
****. That didn't look good at all for Woodhead.

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 09:22 PM
wow thats the last thing we need. woodhead was lit up. hes def got a concussion i would think

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Danny Woodhead...
http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/087f6e2172a029781c78ca182fb79eea.jpg

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
wow thats the last thing we need. woodhead was lit up. hes def got a concussion i would think

Yeah, that's some major **** there. Hopefully he'll be ready for the regular season, but I feel bad for the guy. He just had a kid like three days ago.

CC.SD
08-18-2011, 09:24 PM
do we get a laron landry update this weekend?

proshoota25
08-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, that's some major **** there. Hopefully he'll be ready for the regular season, but I feel bad for the guy. He just had a kid like three days ago.

i doubt he plays next week now.... maybe we will see a vareen debut

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 09:26 PM
i doubt he plays next week now.... maybe we will see a vareen debut

If he did get a concussion, I hope we hold him out for at least a few weeks. No need to risk a guys health for the regular season when you know he's making the roster.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 09:32 PM
I love when Blount tries to talk professional in an interview, then starts stuttering when he tries to say a big word. lol

Go_Eagles77
08-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Ouch. Judging by the stats on nfl.com game center the eagles are playing like ****, Vick in particular. I was so disappointed about missing this game too, haha.

SeanTaylorRIP
08-18-2011, 09:38 PM
Going by preseason math Grossman>>>Vick

niel89
08-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Bradshaw is just rambling at times.

bernbabybern820
08-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Did Nnamdi get thrown at?

Jakey
08-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Did Nnamdi get thrown at?

I dont believe so!

PackerLegend
08-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Ouch. Judging by the stats on nfl.com game center the eagles are playing like ****, Vick in particular. I was so disappointed about missing this game too, haha.

Yea pretty much.. The Eagles looked like trash and the Steelers looked like the ones who called themselves the dream team.

Go_Eagles77
08-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Yea pretty much.. The Eagles looked like trash and the Steelers looked like the ones who called themselves the dream team.

Yeah, the eagles are totally calling themselves the dream team. And by the eagles, I mean Vince Young.

The only reason anyone knows about that is the media blew it way out of proportion.

Borat
08-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow, the Pats dismantled the Bucs OL.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Wow, the Pats dismantled the Bucs OL.

Loved the aggression and intensity the D-Line played with tonight. They were out to destroy tonight. Hopefully we can keep it up. This four man line thing might just be working out.

keylime_5
08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Going by preseason math Grossman>>>Vick

yup. adjust your fantasy fb draft boards accordingly.

General Zod
08-18-2011, 11:49 PM
yup. adjust your fantasy fb draft boards accordingly.

I want to play in your league. lol

SickwithIt1010
08-19-2011, 12:06 AM

Please....everyone should know you dont listen to the backup QB.

I hated the Heat, and I saw that with what they did (and now what we have done in Philly) comes great expectations. We are going to be expected to win every single game, losses are going to look very bad...especially ones like this. Thank god its the pre season.

Hopefully no one pulls a 9/11 comment like Wade.

bucfan12
08-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Wasn;t a good effort on the Bucs part tonight. Thankfully it's preseason and this gives them something to work on. 10 penalties for 85 yards in 5 series? Unacceptable.

bucfan12
08-19-2011, 12:46 AM
The media is going to start reading into this Pittsburgh dismantling of the Eagles tongiht..

Listen, Indianapolis went 0-4 in preseason the year they won the super bowl and Detroit went 4-0 in preseason the year they went 0-16.

Preseason is an evaluation of your depth and time to get your players back in game action for week 1.

If you let Vick's 3 INT performance scare you, then wow. Who cares. It's games like these, preseason, where teams have time to make adjustments in practice.

BeerBaron
08-19-2011, 01:11 AM
The media is going to start reading into this Pittsburgh dismantling of the Eagles tongiht..

Listen, Indianapolis went 0-4 in preseason the year they won the super bowl and Detroit went 4-0 in preseason the year they went 0-16.

Preseason is an evaluation of your depth and time to get your players back in game action for week 1.

If you let Vick's 3 INT performance scare you, then wow. Who cares. It's games like these, preseason, where teams have time to make adjustments in practice.

Agreed on all accounts. I'm waiting for the topic "is it time for the Eagles to panic?" to come in the various sports shows tomorrow...ugh.

It was a lousy performance but it's not even close to panic time. In fact, maybe a loss like this will help in the long run. It's still a game that doesn't mean anything and it helps show them that they're still vulnerable and can be beat.

Ness
08-19-2011, 01:53 AM
Just saw the highlights from the two games tonight. The offensive line for the Buccaneers simply vanished on the plays that Freeman got sacked. And Michael Vick looked like the old Michael Vick against the Steelers. Just preseason though.

TACKLE
08-19-2011, 02:58 AM
MASON ************* BANANAS

NZXwISbvR-s

...that is all

VUBlacknGold
08-19-2011, 03:30 AM

NZXwISbvR-s

...that is all

he seriously got flagged for that? that was a great hit......lame

Shane P. Hallam
08-19-2011, 03:38 AM
Eh, technically against the rules.

Caddy
08-19-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm completely fine with copping a 15 yard penalty for that. The rest of the game the receiver will have that in the back of his mind, and to me that is worth it.

bam bam
08-19-2011, 05:17 AM
I'm completely fine with copping a 15 yard penalty for that. The rest of the game the receiver will have that in the back of his mind, and to me that is worth it.

Yea, it definitely had that effect on OchoCinco later in that drive.

Caddy
08-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Yea, it definitely had that effect on OchoCinco later in that drive.

Having an intimidating ILB is just such an attractive proposition to me. Not that Foster really commands that, but still.

JBCX
08-19-2011, 07:53 AM

Except that when the Colts first-stringers play in the preseason, they usually do well. The reason the Colts lose their preseason games is because they insert the 3rd and 4th stringers at the earliest opportunity.

bucfan12
08-19-2011, 08:45 AM

NZXwISbvR-s

...that is all

Thank you Roger Goodell. During the high-light real on NFL Network and SportCenter, all said thats an excellent hit. Too Bad our commisioner wants to make this a P*ssy sport

Splat
08-19-2011, 09:00 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/19/gerald-mccoy-um-mr-brady-can-we-line-up/

The Bucs defense didn’t look ready for primetime (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/18/what-we-learned-thursday-night/) on Thursday night against New England. To put it mildly (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/18/patriots-starters-drub-bucs-in-first-half/). Heck, they weren’t even ready (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/08/mccoy_on_bucs_s.html) for Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1163/tom-brady) to snap the ball usually.

“[Adrian] Clayborn came to me and was like, ‘Oh my god, it was so fast!’ I said, ‘I know! That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you!’ It was a reality check, we needed that,” defensive tackle Gerald McCoy (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5599/gerald-mccoy) said via Greg. A. Bedard of the Boston Globe.

“Man, I’m telling you man, they came out, they’d turn around huddle, snap, oh, ‘There’s the Mike, Go!’ I was like, ‘Dang! Um, Mr. Brady, can we line up?’ He didn’t care. He was like, ‘You’re not going to line up.”’ McCoy said.

“When we turned around one time I checked back around and my hand was going to the grass and they were like, ‘Hut!’ And I said, ‘Noooooooooooo!’”
I laughed.

descendency
08-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Look on the positive side, Gerald - You won't have to play them for real this year.

Nalej
08-19-2011, 09:13 AM
haha cant wait to watch the gamw today on NFLN

MizzouBig12
08-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Buddy Farnham. New England loves their little white guys.
Wow. Did you really say that? "little" compared to whom? He's 6'0" at almost 200 pounds. And believe it or not, he has more athleticism than most WR's in the league, running a 4.5 40, and insane 6.84 3-cone, and a 4.2 20 yard shuttle. He was dominant at Brown, and would have been at any other university as well if he wasn't forced to "walk on" even after a stellar high school career. He also plays safety (INT last week). But hey, I guess that skin color matters to you, beer baron. Very sad.

K Train
08-19-2011, 09:55 AM
Marcus Gilbert and Tony Hills= The future.

makes me feel tingly inside

Splat
08-19-2011, 10:09 AM
makes me feel tingly inside

"Makes me feel kinda funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class."

Ness
08-19-2011, 11:28 AM

NZXwISbvR-s

...that is all
This video doesn't show it, but the bias Patriots color commenter continued to say

"It's amazing that these players can complain about the call."

No you dumbass, it's not amazing when it's a **** call and the hit wasn't even helmet to helmet. This is football. Grow a pair. Those players know what they signed up for, There was no malice in Foster's hit. I hope that wasn't Randy Cross that said that.

M.O.T.H.
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM
So Thomas Jones kicked Jonathan Baldwin's ass, so he's out for the rest of the preseason.

Nick Wright of 610 Kansas City reports that rookie Jonathan Baldwin is likely done for the preseason after injuring his wrist in a locker-room brawl with running back Thomas Jones.

Well, this won't help Baldwin move up the depth chart or endear him to teammates. Jones has always been a locker-room favorite. A Chiefs source tells Wright that Baldwin, "is as advertised. Diva, spoiled, doesn't wanna listen. Can run a Go and a Slant, and doesn't wanna work." Baldwin reportedly refused to learn how to beat press coverage before the injury. He's safe to leave off fantasy draft boards. Dwayne Bowe, Jerheme Urban, and Steve Breaston will open the year as Kansas City's top three receivers.

You dont mess with this...

http://arrowheadaddict.com/files/2010/02/thomas-jones-muscle.jpg