PDA

View Full Version : Merriman caught with steroids.

descendency
08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/breaking-merriman-recently-busted-with-steroids/

I guess they were someone else's and he was just holding them for him.

Jvig43
08-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Bwhahaha poor Bills fans who were excited he had two sacks last week.

Nalej
08-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Glad to hear. I didn't want to see anything close to a resurgence in the AFC East

niel89
08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Can he be suspended for this if it is indeed not illegal to posses & if he passes a test?

Just when you thought he was coming back to.

Unbiased
08-18-2011, 05:01 PM
So what does this mean? It's not illegal to possess them according to the article. Can he get suspended for it?

descendency
08-18-2011, 05:04 PM
So what does this mean? It's not illegal to possess them according to the article. Can he get suspended for it?

It may not be illegal, but he'll be "randomly tested" like a dog now. His career is going right back in the tank.

SolidGold
08-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Is anyone really surprised?

PackerLegend
08-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Well that didnt take very long... figured he would atleast make it to the reg season before being busted.

FUNBUNCHER
08-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Just piss clean, big fella.

V.I.P
08-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Merriman just had sacks on back to back plays.

Can't... Hold... Excitement
Long off season, maybe he's back on roids...

Don't mean to toot my own horn, but ... TOOT , TOOT , BITCHEZ !!!

wordofi
08-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Is anyone really surprised?

Of course not. Steroids made him.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 06:25 PM
No wonder he looked fantastic last week...

FuzzyGopher
08-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Juicers gonna juice.

CC.SD
08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Since no one uses Lights Out anymore, I have a new nickname for Merriman: Eternal ******* HEADACHE

Bills2083
08-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Pat Moran, the author of that article, throws tons of **** at the walls and hopes that something sticks. He's about as credible as your typical blogger, so it should be interesting to see what comes of this.

Hurricanes25
08-18-2011, 10:47 PM
To no surprise, Merriman is denying it.

ElectricEye
08-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Pat Moran, the author of that article, throws tons of **** at the walls and hopes that something sticks. He's about as credible as your typical blogger, so it should be interesting to see what comes of this.

Yeah, usually something like this will get picked up quick by someone else if it's based on credible information. Still not out of the question that it will, but all is quiet right now.

FUNBUNCHER
08-18-2011, 11:20 PM
Okay I just read the link.

Really??? Merriman was 'caught' with steroids crossing the Mexico/U.S. border by Customs officials??

Story sounds a little bogus for a couple reasons. First, IF Merriman was found to be transporting illegal PEDs across the border, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't he have been ARRESTED???
Secondly, it sounds a little dicey that a player with all the PED controversy surrounding himself would go to Mexico, buy his 3 month supply of gear and come back through a U.S. Customs border checkpoint.

For this guy to be the 'only' person breaking the story sounds rumor-licous to me.

But damn it sure is believable anyway@@!!lol

DeepThreat
08-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I have a feeling this is not going to stick. National media would be talking about it a lot more if it were legitimate.

Ness
08-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Funny how this story comes out right after he has a good game.

Bills2083
08-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Here is a new report, this time from a well-respected writer for the Buffalo News.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article526915.ece

Merriman hit a block at the border
Customs searched his bags before training camp

Updated: August 18, 2011, 11:57 PM

PITTSFORD -- Buffalo Bills linebacker Shawne Merriman on Thursday acknowledged he was stopped at the border coming from Canada before training camp but said there was no problem with the crossing.

"No problem," Merriman said. "I came across as I normally do. I go there to get some massage therapy work done. They just questioned me about some bags and stuff I had. I was stopped and that was it. I was coming to camp. I had suitcases and stuff like that. They just wanted to go through all my stuff."

Asked if anything was confiscated from his possession, Merriman said, "No, un-uh. I had stuff coming to camp. They went through all my suitcases and that was it."

Rumors about Merriman being stopped at the border, and having some containers confiscated, have been circulating among some Buffalo governmental offices for weeks and hit the Internet on Wednesday.

However, government officials said Thursday there was nothing to report on the matter.

"We have not been presented with any matter for prosecution involving Shawne Merriman or anyone else on the Buffalo Bills," said James P. Kennedy, first assistant in the U.S. Attorney's office in Buffalo. Kennedy said he was not even aware that Merriman had been stopped at the border.

Thomas Russert of the U.S. Border Patrol in Buffalo said his office had no information to release. Russert said unless an individual was arrested or charged criminally, his office would not be able to discuss any border matter, under privacy regulations.

Merriman acknowledged he had been asked about the border stop last week as well.

The Bills are counting on Merriman to be a big part of their defense this season, and he is looking to revive his career.

Merriman has been injured most of the past three seasons. He recorded 39.5 quarterback sacks in his first three seasons in the NFL. That was despite the fact he missed the first four games of the 2006 season due to an NFL suspension for testing positive for steroids. Merriman blamed the positive test on a tainted supplement.

Merriman has looked very good in training camp and had two sacks in the Bills' first preseason game in Chicago last week. He has missed the past several days of practice with a minor leg injury.

Bills coach Chan Gailey said Thursday that Merriman would be held out of Saturday's preseason game in Denver due to a sore leg.

"He won't play this week," said Gailey of Merriman. "We made the decision that he will not play. We'll let him get back to close to full speed and hopefully get him back next week."

Ness
08-19-2011, 01:36 AM
See, this was all nothing. People will do anything to make a quick buck. Anyone's wallet that is about to get lighter.

vidae
08-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Yeah people were quick to jump all over him too. I can't stand him, and I think that lights out dance is the stupidest celebration I've ever seen on a football field, but daaaaaamn, can't people wait until something is verified by a credible source first?

descendency
08-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah people were quick to jump all over him too. I can't stand him, and I think that lights out dance is the stupidest celebration I've ever seen on a football field, but daaaaaamn, can't people wait until something is verified by a credible source first?

he's going to need to have a good game or else people will begin to wonder again.

Bills2083
08-19-2011, 10:02 AM
I think Sportscenter is having a segment regarding this coming up soon.

Leon Sandcastle
08-19-2011, 10:25 AM
The first 10 posters really look like idiots.

Ness
08-19-2011, 11:19 AM
he's going to need to have a good game or else people will begin to wonder again.

And those people would still be morons.

fear the elf
08-19-2011, 11:28 AM
I think Sportscenter is having a segment regarding this coming up soon.

I bet they ask the tough questions: "What does this mean for the Jets and Patriots?"