PDA

View Full Version : Terrelle Pryor Pro Day

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Just because I know everyone wants to know. At 6'5"/232 Pryor ran 4.38 and 4.41 unofficially.

ElectricEye
08-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Damn. That will certainly draw some interest. A lot of people didn't believe he would actually run that well and I have to say I was on the skeptical side as well.

descendency
08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
It's nice that he can run fast, but can he throw/catch the ball?

Babylon
08-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Would have liked to have seen him at the combine where players are out of their comfort zone. Those times show he's a great athlete but still dont seem him as an NFL QB.

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 01:05 PM
QB, no probably not. Maybe a 2nd/3rd string QB project. If he moves to WR I think it will be a very interesting case to follow. He is so big and fast and can really jump and is powerful a runner. Could be like Matt Jones except not ******.

Complex
08-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Would have liked to have seen him at the combine where players are out of their comfort zone. Those times show he's a great athlete but still dont seem him as an NFL QB.

The field turf he ran is slower, I believe than the one at the combine.

underscore
08-20-2011, 01:21 PM
His athleticism is the least of anyone's concern.

FuzzyGopher
08-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Completed 27/39 passes. Yikes.

underscore
08-20-2011, 01:34 PM
27-39 in a controlled environment...ouch.

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 01:38 PM
good for a game, not so much for a pro day.

JoeJoeBrown
08-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Any word on how the passing drills looked? 4 of his incompletions were drops.

Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Still thinking 3rd round to skins.

Splat
08-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Big turnout for Pryor workout (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/big-turnout-for-pryor-workout/)

JoeJoeBrown
08-20-2011, 01:48 PM
31 inch vertical. Off to do his wonderlic then interviews.

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 01:58 PM
interviews will be big as he had some character/leadership questions. He looked like he did okay with Jon Gruden though.

Babylon
08-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Completed 27/39 passes. Yikes.

I honestly think that anyone that drafts him will do so with an eventual position change in mind.

FuzzyGopher
08-20-2011, 02:25 PM
He could revolutionize the punter position.

descendency
08-20-2011, 02:34 PM
He could revolutionize the punter position.

Can't remember who it was, but there was a panthers punter (5+ years ago) that was built like a linebacker.

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 02:35 PM
actually they say he was very accurate throwing the ball today. like joejoe said 4 of the INCs were drops, so that stat is misleading. i don't think he has a problem throwing a good ball in that kind of setting, but in game action and on the run he is very inconsistent with his mechanics and makes boneheaded decisions every once and a while.

Halsey
08-20-2011, 02:54 PM
I'd try to make him a backup/gimmick play QB and also play him as a pass catcher. Easily worth a pick. EASILY.

Nalej
08-20-2011, 03:22 PM
on the radio... somebody (can't remember his name) who was there claims that his short to intermediate accuracy was good but he over threw some receivers on a couple long/go routes.
Also struggled throwing to the sidelines...

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 03:28 PM
they said Pryor did his vertical the old school way with a cement wall and some chalk. that is cool.

this guy has some good stuff from the pro day:

http://twitter.com/#!/albertbreer

Splat
08-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Pryor won’t appeal suspenson, willing to play another position (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/pryor-wont-appeal-suspenson-willing-to-play-another-position/)

underscore
08-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Well, he's saying the right things to appease his draft stock. Granted, switching positions is really his only chance.

Did he do any WR drills at his pro day?

Complex
08-20-2011, 04:16 PM
If he is willing to switch his position to WR, I want the titans to draft him. I know most titans fans probably won't feel this way but I still want him at WR.

Shane P. Hallam
08-20-2011, 04:27 PM
If he is willing to switch his position to WR, I want the titans to draft him. I know most titans fans probably won't feel this way but I still want him at WR.

What round?

derza222
08-20-2011, 04:35 PM
I'd try to make him a backup/gimmick play QB and also play him as a pass catcher. Easily worth a pick. EASILY.

Yeah, I'm definitely not a huge fan of the guy but I have to think he's worth a 5th or 6th round comp pick to a team that will use him in that role, MAYBE even a 4th. My Jets love making splashes and could use a Brad Smith replacement...

Hurricanes25
08-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely not a huge fan of the guy but I have to think he's worth a 5th or 6th round comp pick to a team that will use him in that role, MAYBE even a 4th. My Jets love making splashes and could use a Brad Smith replacement...

I would give up a 5th for him. I don't want him as my QB but he is a great athlete. And yeah, we could use a replacement for Brad Smith.

San Diego Chicken
08-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I like him as a flex TE similar to how Cleveland uses Evan Moore. He could create some serious matchup problems.

bearsfan_51
08-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Al Davis is already assembling his zombie army...

JoeJoeBrown
08-20-2011, 05:23 PM
His size and speed are similar to Calvin Johnson. CJ's vertical is much more impressive (42" vs 31").

PossibleCabbage
08-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Aside from the 40, this wasn't actually a very good workout.

31" vert, 10'4" broad, 4.3 short shuttle, and 7.2 cone.

That 7.2 3-cone is worse than every QB who worked out at the combine last April except Jerrod Johnson (7.3). It's also worse than every single WR at the combine and the vast majority of the TEs.

The media is going to focus on the 40, but in terms of "freak athlete" the performance in every other drill really wasn't impressive. To me, this means that he probably has to work out as QB if he's going to make it in the NFL, but I don't honestly like the chances of that.

Caulibflower
08-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Terrell Pryor is nothing like Brad Smith, except that he's fast. Brad Smith is a legitimate broken-field runner. Pryor is not. He's a huge, fast pick-and-slide runner. Brad Smith is quick. You're never going to see Terrell Pryor return kicks. Gadget plays...maybe. But I honestly don't even see him as a Wildcat QB. He doesn't have the right running style for it, and the Wildcat is not an effective enough formation anymore to justify picking a player specifically to run it. I think Pryor gets drafted as a project one way or another; either as a wide receiver or a QB. He's not a gadget player. He's got the height and long speed to be a wideout, but he's simply not a Randle El/Brad Smith/Pat White/Seneca Wallace kind of player. He's closer to Matt Jones.

Caulibflower
08-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Aside from the 40, this wasn't actually a very good workout.

31" vert, 10'4" broad, 4.3 short shuttle, and 7.2 cone.

That 7.2 3-cone is worse than every QB who worked out at the combine last April except Jerrod Johnson (7.3). It's also worse than every single WR at the combine and the vast majority of the TEs.

The media is going to focus on the 40, but in terms of "freak athlete" the performance in every other drill really wasn't impressive. To me, this means that he probably has to work out as QB if he's going to make it in the NFL, but I don't honestly like the chances of that.

And this is pretty much what I'm meaning. He's big and fast, but he doesn't really strike me as what you'd call a "quick-twitch" athlete. And he doesn't test like one, either.

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 05:29 PM
His vertical is about the same as AJ Green's. 10'4" is a pretty damn good freakin' broad jump. Not Calvin Johnson good but compared to everyone else in the NFL it's pretty good. The agility tests weren't supposed to be that great, he isn't a fluid, quick guy, more of a huge, powerful, extremely fast guy.

PossibleCabbage
08-20-2011, 05:32 PM
He's closer to Matt Jones.

He doesn't even compare positively to Matt Jones

Pryor: 4.38 40, 4.3 short shuttle, 7.2 cone, 31" vert, 10'4" broad
Jones: 4.37 40, 4.09 short shuttle, 6.62 cone, 39.5" vert, 10'9" broad

and Brad Smith for reference:
Brad Smith: 4.46 40, 4.3 short shuttle, 7.01 cone, 39.5" vert, 10'08" broad.

shylo3716
08-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Who was he throwing to in drills?

Caulibflower
08-20-2011, 05:39 PM
He doesn't even compare positively to Matt Jones

Pryor: 4.38 40, 4.3 short shuttle, 7.2 cone, 31" vert, 10'4" broad
Jones: 4.37 40, 4.09 short shuttle, 6.62 cone, 39.5" vert, 10'9" broad

and Brad Smith for reference:
Brad Smith: 4.46 40, 4.3 short shuttle, 7.01 cone, 39.5" vert, 10'08" broad.

I'm not going off of numbers as much as playing style. Watching Matt Jones in the NFL, you'd hardly think he posted times like that. He never looked super quick, even though he should've been with those shuttle times.

Pat Sims 90
08-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Looks like Oakland won't have a 1st next year.

Caulibflower
08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Sounds like Pryor is saying he'll play any position he's asked to, which has to improve his value to the teams looking at him. Some teams might even think of him as a Jonathan Baldwin-type player. Baldwin can only run two routes and went in the first. I could pretty easily see Pryor going in the third or earlier, running 4.38 at his size. His skill set is rare enough to justify that kind of pick even without much of a receiving resume. I keep being reminded of that LeBron commercial from a couple years ago where he's walking out of the tunnel in a Browns jersey. Swap the "James" for "Pryor" on the nameplate, subtract two inches of height, add 20 lbs or so and high-level football experience and you've got about the same thing. What would a team spend on LeBron if he suddenly quit the NBA and declared he was going to play football? The more I think about it, the more I think Pryor's going to be a pretty high supplemental pick as an "athlete."

underscore
08-20-2011, 06:14 PM
"Baldwin can only run two routes and went in the first."

And how's that working out for the Chiefs so far? :)

PossibleCabbage
08-20-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm not going off of numbers as much as playing style. Watching Matt Jones in the NFL, you'd hardly think he posted times like that. He never looked super quick, even though he should've been with those shuttle times.

Matt Jones's problem was largely that despite his physical attributes, he had no earthly idea how to play receiver and wasn't able to do so effortlessly. He was mechanical, because his route-running was deliberate: he had to think about what he was doing. Further problematically, he was enough of a head case that he never actually picked it up/lasted long enough to pick it up.

But I'm not sure the same thing won't happen to Pryor. If you draft him, and want him to play receiver you won't get anything out of him this year, and you probably won't next year either.

Caulibflower
08-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Matt Jones's problem was largely that despite his physical attributes, he had no earthly idea how to play receiver and wasn't able to do so effortlessly. He was mechanical, because his route-running was deliberate: he had to think about what he was doing. Further problematically, he was enough of a head case that he never actually picked it up/lasted long enough to pick it up.

But I'm not sure the same thing won't happen to Pryor. If you draft him, and want him to play receiver you won't get anything out of him this year, and you probably won't next year either.

You're probably right about the stiffness being due to having to think about what he's doing as he's doing it. I wouldn't expect Pryor to pay much this year, either. But I'd risk a third-rounder for a 6'6", 4.40 guy who could contribute in three years. If I needed it. I wonder if a team like the Redskins might be thinking about it. Or the Bills.

Caulibflower
08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Could someone rationally, and not emotionally, explain the huge difference between Pryor and Cam? The biggest difference that I see is that Cam is calm under pressure and didn't panic as much when pressured.

Cam didn't accept cars and tattoos, only cash.

I never saw Cam as a potential wide receiver. Not simply because I saw him as a QB, but because he just...doesn't...move...like one. Ellipses because I know that's not very analytic at all. But I'll try to improve that analysis.

Running style (Because, regardless of what you think of running QBs in the NFL, both are evaluated taking into account their ability to improvise with the ball in their hands):

Cam is the more physical runner. He's not as fast, but they're both smooth runners. I think Cam is the stronger runner. I think he's harder to get ahold of, too. Pryor is more a guy who gets some open field and takes off with his speed; Newton is the guy who will get four twisting, lurching yards consistently. Pryor gets his rushing yards by taking off when he sees green in front of him; Cam will tuck it and ram into the pile. I'm not saying whether or not that's a good thing; that's just what I see. I think with his speed, that stylistic difference is what makes Pryor more of a receiver prospect that Newton. Receivers play in space; I think Pryor probably has good enough hands to catch some NFL balls, and with his height and speed I think he can be a deep threat. He's bigger and faster than Vincent Jackson, for a comparison, and I think he'd look similar with the ball in his hands. I think he'll run by some people, and I think he'd be able to do the juke-shove thing to NFL backs, where he throws a DB off balance with a move, but still has to rely on his strength and size to get by. I really don't see him being able to make a defender grab air. I actually do see some of that with Cam Newton. I think Newton is a quicker athlete, even though Pryor would win a footrace.

Throwing: Newton showed much more poise throughout his college career. Neither is a super accurate passer, but Newton's accuracy didn't deteriorate nearly so much with pressure. He was fairly consistent. Like people have been saying, Pryor panics when the pocket collapses. If he's got grass, he can run...but if he doesn't, it's a bad throw or a sack. The big difference between Cam and Pryor is that Cam will make throws under pressure, but Pryor doesn't. At least, not as much. Pryor probably had more reads to make in his offense, but that doesn't really mean he's any better at reading a defense than Cam. I think another person already said it in this thread (sorry, I forget who it was), but when Pryor looks good, and is checking down to his third receiver, it's because he has time to just stand there, look around, and pick the one he likes. It's not situations where he's checking down as the pocket collapses and firing off a great throw a split second before a DE knocks his helmet off. Newton didn't have as many reads to make, but he was much better at making throws as, and right before, he took hits, and that's critical in the NFL.

Anywho. It's not like I think Pryor can't be an NFL QB, but it seems to me that if a team thinks there's a better chance of him being a starting WR, and that they can get a guy to be a better QB than Pryor would be, it makes sense to just play him at wideout and use those impressive physical abilities to take advantage of smaller players than to try and put him at QB, where his abilities are more of a novelty than a real asset. And again, I'm a fan of Newton, and his athleticism is a big part of it; I'm a fan because I think he uses it well as a QB. Newton has a presence on the field that Pryor lacks; He's clutch where Pryor is not. I think Newton has a long way to go as a QB, but I like that he makes plays in tough situations. That's the biggest difference for me. Clutch play is absolutely something a coach/scout can evaluate, and as far as what makes them QB prospects, as opposed to "athlete" prospects, I'd say that's really the biggest thing that separates these two athletic freaks. They're both freaks, that's for sure. Cam's got better nerves.

JoeJoeBrown
08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Damnit, I had a big post and it disappeared. I guess Calub saw it. Weird.

I'll condense it: I'm rethinking my opinion and thinking that some team takes him with a first.

Some teams are willing to take a risk on a project QB that has freakish athleticism.

I don't see much difference between he and Cam. The biggest difference that I see is that Pryor isn't calm under pressure. That's a big difference and I'm not sure that it's one you can coach away. Maybe you can.

Both had flawed mechanics. Both are freaks. Athletic QBs are a fixation for some and it's a copycat league. Redskins, Bungles, and Raiders are viable options. Also, Seattle as a surprise.

If you are shocked about the comparison to Cam, please rationally and not emotionally explain the large differences between them as prospects.

Pryor's Pro-Day was far from an ideal scenario, as it was up in the air whether he'd even have one. It was rescheduled at the last minute. And it's been 3/4 of a year since he played live football.

Again, I tend to agree with the flaws you guys highlight, but not the degree. I also think alot of that is correctable (outside of the panicking).

Remember that the top QBs of this class got torn apart for quite a bit and most of them still were drafted high. It's easy to nitpick, but he has a lot of the raw tools that most prospects don't have. Some team will covet those.

JoeJoeBrown
08-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Cam didn't accept cars and tattoos, only cash.

I never saw Cam as a potential wide receiver. Not simply because I saw him as a QB, but because he just...doesn't...move...like one. Ellipses because I know that's not very analytic at all. But I'll try to improve that analysis.

Running style (Because, regardless of what you think of running QBs in the NFL, both are evaluating taking into account their ability to improvise with the ball in their hands):

Cam is the more physical runner. He's not as fast, but they're both smooth runners. I think Cam is the stronger runner. I think he's harder to get ahold of, too. Pryor is more a guy who gets some open field and takes off with his speed; Newton is the guy who will get four twisting, lurching yards consistently. Pryor gets his rushing yards by taking off when he sees green in front of him; Cam will tuck it and ram into the pile. I'm saying whether or not that's a good thing; that's just what I see. I think with his speed, that stylistic difference is what makes Pryor more of a receiver prospect that Newton. Receivers play in space; I think Pryor probably has good enough hands to catch some NFL balls, and with his height and speed I think he can be a deep threat. He's bigger and faster than Vincent Jackson, for a comparison, and I think he'd look similar with the ball in his hands. I think he'll run by some people, and I think he'd be able to do the juke-shove thing to NFL backs, where he throws a DB off balance with a move, but still has to rely on his strength and size to get by. I really don't see him being able to make a defender grab air. I actually do see some of that with Cam Newton. I think Newton is a quicker athlete, even though Pryor would win a footrace.

Throwing: Newton showed much more poise throughout his college career. Neither is a super accurate passer, but Newton's accuracy didn't deteriorate nearly so much with pressure. He was fairly consistent. Like people have been saying, Pryor panics when the pocket collapses. If he's got grass, he can run...but if he doesn't, it's a bad throw or a sack. The big difference between Cam and Pryor is that Cam will make throws under pressure, but Pryor doesn't. At least, not as much. Pryor probably had more reads to make in his offense, but that doesn't really mean he's any better at reading a defense than Cam. I think another person already said it in this thread (sorry, I forget who it was), but when Pryor looks good, and is checking down to his third receiver, it's because he has time to just stand there, look around, and pick the one he likes. It's not situations where he's checking down as the pocket collapses and firing off a great throw a split second before a DE knocks his helmet off. Newton didn't have as many reads to make, but he was much better at making throws as, and right before, he took hits, and that's critical in the NFL.

Anywho. It's not like I think Pryor can't be an NFL QB, but it seems to me that if a team thinks there's a better chance of him being a starting WR, and that they can get a guy to be a better QB than Pryor would be, it makes sense to just play him at wideout and use those impressive physical abilities to take advantage of smaller players than to try and put him at QB, where his abilities are more of a novelty than a real asset. And again, I'm a fan of Newton, and his athleticism is a big part of it; I'm a fan because I think he uses it well as a QB. Newton has a presence on the field that Pryor lacks; He's clutch where Pryor is not. I think Newton has a long way to go as a QB, but I like that he makes plays in tough situations. That's the biggest difference for me. Clutch play is absolutely something a coach/scout can evaluate, and as far as what makes them QB prospects, as opposed to "athlete" prospects, I'd say that's really the biggest thing that separates these two athletic freaks. They're both freaks, that's for sure. Cam's got better nerves.

Great post. Nerves go a long way. I think some of that is preparation and most of that is whether you were born with nerves of steel or not.

Also agree that if Pryor bombs out at QB, WR is an option. Not a great one, but he has some of the tools to fall back on.

SolidGold
08-20-2011, 07:18 PM
I don't see the Shanahan boys wanting anything to do with Pryor. I really do think they are sold on Beck this year and maybe the near future looking to 2012 to get their QB of the future.

bearsfan_51
08-20-2011, 07:20 PM
In all honesty I think he ends up in Pittsburgh. Kordell Stewart, Antwan Randal-El, Dennis Dixon: there's a precedent.

JoeJoeBrown
08-20-2011, 07:24 PM
In all honesty I think he ends up in Pittsburgh. Kordell Stewart, Antwan Randal-El, Dennis Dixon: there's a precedent.

Tomlin was hanging with tress at the pro day. Also tp is a PA guy.

SolidGold
08-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Yea I would not be surprised if they went after Pryor and tried to either move Dixon/Leftwhich or Batch

PossibleCabbage
08-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Damnit, I had a big post and it disappeared. I guess Calub saw it. Weird.

I saw it too, and I think I saw what happened. I think Shane was responding to you, but accidentally hit "edit" instead of "reply" and accidentally deleted every part of your post except the part he was responding to, and then when he realized he screwed up and there was no way to recover your post, he just deleted both what was left of it and his response.

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 08:13 PM
funny b/c Batch was Pryor's mentor in the recruiting process. it would be kinda weird if he ending up taking his roster spot somehow.

T.Smith
08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Honestly I have been as critical of pryor during his stay at osu as one could be, and I think given two years behind the bench Pryor could be a starting QB in the nfl(not a top one mind you but he has it in him to start 3-4 seasons for a team.) The thing about Pryor is he does have a good arm, ON CERTAIN throws, better the Cam Newton's arm on many throws. The thing is his arm is SOOO bad on the long/ intermediate long balls that it completely negates what arm he does have.
He is also more afraid on contact then guys like say Big Ben and Newton are. He needs a good QB coach that will reconstruct his long balls. But if there are no coaches to do that, just switch him to WR soon and have him work on agility drills to get him in and out of cuts, He is a rezone nightmare.

keylime_5
08-20-2011, 09:11 PM
he has a strong arm, it's just that a lot of times he has such awful footwork that it takes all the zip off his throws and he puts up ducks.

Complex
08-20-2011, 10:39 PM
What round?

a fourth?.......

phlysac
08-20-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't see the Steelers being a realistic spot. They have 5 WRs and 4 QBs already.

bearsfan_51
08-20-2011, 11:07 PM
I don't see the Steelers being a realistic spot. They have 5 WRs and 4 QBs already.
-Byron Leftwich is good for an interception a game. Also, he weighs 500 pounds.

-Dennis Dixon has been on the roster for three years and hasn't done anything.

-Charlie Batch is 36.

That was easy.

phlysac
08-20-2011, 11:09 PM
-Byron Leftwich is good for an interception a game. Also, he weighs 500 pounds.

-Dennis Dixon has been on the roster for three years and hasn't done anything.

-Charlie Batch is 36.

That was easy.

They absolutely love Leftwich and he's been handed the keys as a #2.

They have perhaps the safest #3 in the NFL in Charlie Batch and he's like and additional coach on the sideline.

They might move Dixon because they only plan to keep 3 QBs.

That was easier.

FUNBUNCHER
08-20-2011, 11:09 PM
To me it looks like Pryor always throws the ball 'soft', very little RPMs on his passes.

And don't compare Newton to Pryor as QBs or passers. If Pryor was close to Newton in terms of ability, OSU would have been in the NC at least twice in the last two years.

This is a guys who runs a 4.3, but is rarely quick enough to evade lateral pursuit.

IMO Pryor is a longterm project at either WR or QB.

bearsfan_51
08-20-2011, 11:11 PM
They absolutely love Leftwich and he's been handed the keys as a #2.
Well have fun with that.

phlysac
08-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Well have fun with that.

I will, I hate Steelers.

Shane P. Hallam
08-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Yea I would not be surprised if they went after Pryor and tried to either move Dixon/Leftwhich or Batch

Steelers will put in a bid for Pryor, it will just be fairly late is my guess, 6th perhaps.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
08-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Totally off topic, but who is that girl in Complex's sig? I need to know

Complex
08-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Totally off topic, but who is that girl in Complex's sig? I need to know

After doing some research, I finally found out who it was, her name is Ewa Sonnet. I was going to tell everyone that has been asking, but then I had to do something and forgot.

CrackerJack465
08-21-2011, 05:58 AM
qb potential? eh. But I was laughed at when I said pryor would run under a 4.4... and he ran a 4.36. Thats still ridiculous.

K Train
08-21-2011, 01:25 PM
i would love him to be a steeler...replace dixon, play 3rd QB but maybe work him in here and there, and have him play #2 TE/WR kind of player.

id go as high as a 3rd, especially now since he seems real willing to change positions

nepg
08-21-2011, 02:13 PM
I think Pryor would be a great fit with the Eagles behind Vick and Young.

Hines
08-21-2011, 02:27 PM
He's visiting the Steelers tomorrow before the draft.

shylo3716
08-21-2011, 02:30 PM
I think Pryor would be a great fit with the Eagles behind Vick and Young.

On the bright side if he does not pan out at QB we could use him as a big target for Vick, since we have no WR on the roster above 6'3''.

Babylon
08-21-2011, 02:37 PM
On the bright side if he does not pan out at QB we could use him as a big target for Vick, since we have no WR on the roster above 6'3''.

Not sure that the mark of a great team is having a receiver over 6'3" but whatever.

As for Pryor as a QB i'll take Tyrod Taylor over him, you ever hear of him?

Shane P. Hallam
08-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Not sure that the mark of a great team is having a receiver over 6'3" but whatever.

Hahaha, shylo is gonna flip out.

shylo3716
08-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Hahaha, shylo is gonna flip out.

I like Pryor, but we have no use for him at the QB spot....He is better off as a WR for us. He would get quite a few balls in red zone situations.

JoeJoeBrown
08-21-2011, 03:01 PM

I'd take Pryor over Locker.

hockey619
08-21-2011, 04:00 PM
I'd take Pryor over Locker.

please say you mean at WR

shylo3716
08-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Approximately what time will the Supplemental Draft take off?

shylo3716
08-21-2011, 04:06 PM
What are all the ideal potential landing spots for Pryor besides Oakland, Washington, Pittsburgh?

JoeJoeBrown
08-21-2011, 04:14 PM
please say you mean at WR

Please realize that I was trolling Babylon, the resident Locker stalker.

nepg
08-21-2011, 04:44 PM
I don't know why everyone always wants to convert a guy to WR just because he's athletic and hasn't completely developed at QB. He needs some work, but whatever team he goes to will have time to give him the help he needs. His mechanics aren't that far off, so most of the work is just learning to play QB in a pro style offense. He can be a really good fit as a part-time WR and full-time project 3rd QB.

I really think his best landing spots are Philly and Green Bay.

shylo3716
08-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't know why everyone always wants to convert a guy to WR just because he's athletic and hasn't completely developed at QB. He needs some work, but whatever team he goes to will have time to give him the help he needs. His mechanics aren't that far off, so most of the work is just learning to play QB in a pro style offense. He can be a really good fit as a part-time WR and full-time project 3rd QB.

There is no doubt about me liking him to come to us, but be real he will not get any action at QB behind Vick and Young.

nepg
08-21-2011, 05:14 PM
There is no doubt about me liking him to come to us, but be real he will not get any action at QB behind Vick and Young.
He'll get coaching... And the Eagles aren't going to hang on to Young unless Vick gets hurt. They need a guy who can potentially run the offense as-is developing behind those two.

Shane P. Hallam
08-21-2011, 05:17 PM
What are all the ideal potential landing spots for Pryor besides Oakland, Washington, Pittsburgh?

Miami is still mighty interested as are the Bengals who have an open #3 QB spot.

Caddy
08-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I had a dream last night that Pitt took him in the 4th round. Book it.

bucfan12
08-21-2011, 06:18 PM
He needs to go to WR. 6/5 4.36 40 yard dash.

Not only that, but he played some WR on some plays in High School and Freshman year in college. He showed talent that he can make the transition. I think some teams that attended view him as that.

bucfan12
08-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Miami is still mighty interested as are the Bengals who have an open #3 QB spot.

I say Miami and they put in a 5th round bid. Next guess would be Oakland.

Shane P. Hallam
08-21-2011, 06:23 PM
I had a dream last night that Pitt took him in the 4th round. Book it.

I'm actually hearing more chatter that the Steelers may spend a 4th, release Dixon, then release Batch when Pryor becomes eligible.

JoeJoeBrown
08-21-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm actually hearing more chatter that the Steelers may spend a 4th, release Dixon, then release Batch when Pryor becomes eligible.

If you are hearing that chatter, then the league is too. Still thinking it's a 3rd or higher that takes him.

shylo3716
08-21-2011, 06:43 PM
What happened to Rosenhaus saying Pryor will be used on a 1st?

bearsfan_51
08-21-2011, 06:49 PM
What happened to Rosenhaus saying Pryor will be used on a 1st?
This sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

Caddy
08-21-2011, 07:29 PM

It was a premonition Jbond. My dream will come true and you will worship me.

PossibleCabbage
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM

Beyond "Tom Clements is as good a QB coach as there is in the league" and "it's hard to get in much trouble in Green Bay, Wisconsin" is there anything about the Packers that leads you to believe that Pryor would be a good fit there?

I'm almost certain that Ted Thompson doesn't bid anything on anybody tomorrow in the supplemental draft.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-21-2011, 09:25 PM
It was a premonition Jbond. My dream will come true and you will worship me.

Even if Jbond doesn't, I will :)

SolidGold
08-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Just say no Redskins :)

JoeJoeBrown
08-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Pryor's Workout Creates 3rd Round Buzz. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/21/pryors-workout-creates-third-round-buzz/)

Someone may panic with all of this buzz coupled with not much time to digest the workout and get him in the first. As Pat Sims 90 said in the supplemental thread, Cincy seems like the smart bet in that scenario.

The dynamic of only two days here is introducing a lot of asymmetric rumor information and anxiety into this process. Fun stuff.

Babylon
08-21-2011, 11:30 PM
Please realize that I was trolling Babylon, the resident Locker stalker.

You old guys are such kidders.

JoeJoeBrown
08-21-2011, 11:37 PM
You old guys are such kidders.

I'm just disappointed that you werent around to feel the effects of the full troll.

Babylon
08-21-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm just disappointed that you werent around to feel the effects of the full troll.

Sorry i missed it, i was baking a pie.

niel89
08-22-2011, 02:13 AM
I'm honestly not a big fan of Pryors. I think he is worth a 5th or lower, but I think that right now there is a big buzz about him and the cloud of confusion could really benefit him. I don't think that any team really wants to use a 3rd, but they might because they think that another team might reach for him. I honestly just dont see him being successful at any position in the NFL.

Anyone know when the results of the draft are announced?

brasho
08-22-2011, 06:34 AM
The draft is being held at 1 pm.

K Train
08-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Pryor to steelers in the 3rd, im feelin it

nepg
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Beyond "Tom Clements is as good a QB coach as there is in the league" and "it's hard to get in much trouble in Green Bay, Wisconsin" is there anything about the Packers that leads you to believe that Pryor would be a good fit there?

I'm almost certain that Ted Thompson doesn't bid anything on anybody tomorrow in the supplemental draft.
Part one is a reason. Pryor's not a trouble maker, he sold some memorabilia... Is Don West a terrible person because he used to sell sports memorabilia? Let's not answer that. Point is, he didn't do anything legitimately "wrong" in the eyes of the real world...

Green Bay is a good spot because there's no pressure, and he can just sit back and learn the position. Also, if they have a rash of injuries at WR like they always do, Pryor fits the mold of a Packers receiver.

And I think Pryor can be a really good QB in the NFL. His growth was stunted at Ohio State because they just didn't put the work in with him that was needed. He's got the head to learn the position, and he's definitely a leader. I think he's similar to Cam Newton in that regard (slightly different skill-sets as players).

JoeJoeBrown
08-22-2011, 09:58 AM
And I think Pryor can be a really good QB in the NFL. His growth was stunted at Ohio State because they just didn't put the work in with him that was needed. He's got the head to learn the position, and he's definitely a leader. I think he's similar to Cam Newton in that regard (slightly different skill-sets as players).

They tried to work with him at OSU. He didn't start putting in the time until his junior year.

Damix
08-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Do we actually hear the results at 1, or that when the bids go in?

bucfan12
08-22-2011, 10:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrZYZktLdns

Exactly what Pryor would/could succeed at.

Shane P. Hallam
08-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Looking at the reports from last year, should be pretty soon after that we find out.

Shane P. Hallam
08-22-2011, 10:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrZYZktLdns

Exactly what Pryor would/could succeed at.

Exact reason Todd Boeckman should be in the NFL! :D

SolidGold
08-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Anyone else find it funny when reading stories about Pryor and in the comment section people say he would make a great RB?

Unbiased
08-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Exact reason Todd Boeckman should be in the NFL! :D

He was supposed to be Jacksonville's franchise QB, remember! Maybe if this whole Gabbert thing doesn't work out, we can bring him back.

Pat Sims 90
08-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I have a feeling Cincy grabs him today. Tressel was a Bengals TC recently talking to Mike Brown prolly talking up Pryor to him.

SolidGold
08-22-2011, 11:54 AM
How long does the supp draft process take?

Shane P. Hallam
08-22-2011, 12:37 PM
About ten minutes a round.

Pryor goes to the Raiders with the 18th pick in the 3rd round.

Duffman57
08-22-2011, 12:57 PM
About ten minutes a round.

Pryor goes to the Raiders with the 18th pick in the 3rd round.

Wait so, are they done now, and nobody got drafted, or was he the first auction or however this works?

Shane P. Hallam
08-22-2011, 01:27 PM
No one else was selected, they are FAs.