PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow or Terrelle Pryor

Pat Sims 90
08-22-2011, 09:53 PM
The Question was asked on ESPN today: If you had to have Tim Tebow or Terrelle Pryor on your roster Who would you pick.

Merle Hoge did not respond because he did not want either one.

So i am asking if you had to have Tim Tebow or Terrelle Pryor on your team who would you rather have.

Miaoww
08-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Tebow, he's a much better QB.

Pryor would have to switch to WR for me to be interested and even then he's a huge project.

Hurricanes25
08-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Neither are good QB's so I'll go with Pryor because I think he can be a decent WR.

The Alex
08-22-2011, 10:21 PM
I like Hoge's choice.

V.I.P
08-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Can Terrelle Pyror walk on water? Yeah, i didn't think so!

nobodyinparticular
08-22-2011, 10:27 PM
At this point I would put them on the same level as QBs, but I feel Pryor has better versatility when it comes to playing other positions. As a result, I would go Pryor over Tebow.

Keep in mind, however, this is partially due to Tebow's falling stock in Denver. We are a year into Tebow's development and so far he has fallen, not risen.

keylime_5
08-22-2011, 10:28 PM
neither is gonna cut it as a starting QB imo, so the question is do you want a guy who is either an H-Back/fullback or a career backup QB in Tebow, or a guy who can be a devastating mismatch at WR/Flex TE in Pryor? Pryor has much more upside as an offensive weapon. Tebow has the makings of a great H-Back, but H-Backs typically aren't difference makers in the same mold as big downfield pass catchers.

nobodyinparticular
08-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Right now, I will be honest, I hope to see Pryor get in a live game situation this season.

I think this is a guy who is too talented to keep off the field. Some of that should be in a zone read type of situation where he takes the snap out of shotgun with DMC and Taiwan Jones/Marcel Reece in the backfield with him. Some of that should be as a wildcat receiver with DMC or Bush taking the snap (M. Bush was also a QB in HS). But mostly, I want to see him in red zone situation as a TE or a WR option on a fade. He can make plays for the Raiders now.

I've got my homer goggle on now, but if the Raider are in a critical red zone situation in the last few weeks of the season with the playoffs in the picture, I want Pryor on the field.

Hue and Saunders can get as creative as they want with him, but whatever the longterm plans are, I want to see him on the field at some point to have the opportunity as a difference maker.

Jvig43
08-22-2011, 11:07 PM
I feel like everyone knew that Tebow would be a huge working project to take on that could take four years and after one season of getting a couple starts people have given up on him, despite everyone knowing and saying it would take him years to be ready. I don't understand the rush job teams do with young QBs these days, I understand the need to win and compete but sometimes it gets out of control with how quickly teams dump their young guns.

niel89
08-22-2011, 11:14 PM
I'll take Tebow as long as were talking about them as QBs. At least I know he is going to work his *** off. Also I think Tebow is in a better position to be successful.

BeerBaron
08-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Tebow and it's not even close. Absolutely no hesitation when I saw the thread title. And this is from someone who didn't even particularly like Tebow as a prospect...

Raiderz4Life
08-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Gimme Tebow

JHL6719
08-23-2011, 12:59 AM
As a quarterback, gimme Tebow. As a guy I'm going to have to coach everyday, gimme Tebow. As a player I'm not ever going to have to worry about busting his ass and giving his all no matter what, gimme Tebow.

I think Pryor has more of an opportunity to play another position, but I still think Tebow ends up a better quarterback than Pryor ends up... well.. anything.

Gimme Tebow.

tjsunstein
08-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Tebow, all day.

bucfan12
08-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Honestly neither. The only good thing I like about Tebow is his Leadership and his intangibles. He's smart and a film junky.

For Tebow:
Good:
- Smart and can breakdown defenses.
- Excellent work ethic and leadership abilities.

BAD:
- Terrible Pocket presence.
- Horrible mechanics, in which his motion hasn't improved (look at Leftwich and how it hurt his career). Prone to fumbles and late throws.
- Accuracy questions.
- Still struggles under center.

Projection: Still a huge project.

Pryor:
Good:
- Elusive and escapability.
- Strong arm
- Came from Pro style offense.

BAD:
- Pocket presence isn't the greatest.
- Question mental toughness and ability to read and react to NFL defenses. I can see him getting confused an awful lot.
- Accuracy questions.
- Does he put enough zip on the ball? I know he can throw it a mile, but it looks like his intermediate throws lack speed.
- Questionable character.

Projection: Huge project as well.

Neither would I take, but I think Pryor is more NFL ready than Tebow when it comes to mechanics. They both were winners in college, but I think Pryor might adjust to an NFL offense quicker than Tebow. Tebow reportedly can't beat out Quinn for the #2 job in Denver.

ElectricEye
08-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Taking everything but talent out of the equation, I'll take Pryor. Tebow just doesn't look like he can cut it as starting caliber NFL quarterback in spite of how much he wants to. He's just not adapted for the game. Pryor falls into that same category, but he's a freak athlete who can likely make a switch to another position at some point. I give Pryor far less of a chance of sticking at QB than I gave Tebow coming out. His arm and his footwork just aren't going to cut it at this level and I think it will just end up being too tempting for Oakland not to just use his raw physical ability for something tangible right away.

SolidGold
08-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Tebow. If anything him being the third string QB should help his development if Denver is willing to invest time into him and give him alot of personal attention. They can still have packages put in for Tebow to make an impact. Like people in this thread have said he only has one year in the NFL and it was known he was a project coming into the league. If he failed at QB you could put him at RB, I am sure he would avg 4 ypc, he already runs harder and more physical than Moreno.

49erNation85
08-23-2011, 11:52 PM
Tebow>Pryor by far.The only thing Pryor MIGHT have over Tebow is accuracy.

elway=goat
08-24-2011, 02:54 AM
Tebow, I think he is a better guy in the locker room, and teammate. Tebow is a guy I want on my team even if he is a 3rd string QB. Because what I mentioned above, plus he always seems to be working hard so he will push the players ahead of him with his work ethic.

Pryor, could be a better prospect in terms of being able to move to a different position but I don't want him anywhere near my team(for obvious reasons).

Neither are going to be anything special, imo. Tebow is in a better position to succeed IMO.

nepg
08-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Probably Pryor because of mechanics. I think they can both execute the mental side of the game, are athletic, have strong arms, and I think both are natural leaders... So it really does just boil down to mechanics...

Raiderz4Life
08-24-2011, 11:24 AM
Probably Pryor because of mechanics. I think they can both execute the mental side of the game, are athletic, have strong arms, and I think both are natural leaders... So it really does just boil down to mechanics...

Pryor's mechanics aren't any better than Tebow's.

yodabear
08-24-2011, 01:36 PM
None of the above. Give me the future pro bowler! The next John Elway!

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/66/663760.jpg

FUNBUNCHER
08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Pryor's mobility is overrated.

J-Mike88
08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
The Question was asked on ESPN today: If you had to have Tim Tebow or Terrelle Pryor on your roster Who would you pick.
I don't think either guy will be a good NFL passing QB, so neither will be a good NFL QB period.
But having one on my team?
That's easy: Tebow. Pryor should have stuck with basketball.

mellojello
08-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Tebow blows, I'll take Pryor.

Rosebud
08-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Tebow blows, I'll take Pryor.

This post seems to imply that Pryor doesn't blow or if he does he doesn't blow as hard as Tebow. An assertion I find ridiculous.

OSUGiants17
08-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Tebow is a ****** QB who will never be willing to switch positions. Pryor is versatile and has a good work ethic, give me him

SolidGold
08-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Tebow is a ****** QB who will never be willing to switch positions. Pryor is versatile and has a good work ethic, give me him

If Pryor's work ethic is so great why did he not show much progression as a QB during his time at OSU? He pretty much went to OSU to learn a pro-style offense to prep him for the NFL yet played the same style of game every year. You put pressure on him and he tries to run out of the pocket and pick up yards with his legs. He won't be playing MAC teams or any other weak out of conference regular season games in Oakland. He won't have Sanzenbacher making spectacular catches giving up his body for inaccurate passes either.

Everyone knew Tebow would be a 2-3 project and under all the media scrutiny he has kept his composure and shown up for work everyday to compete. He was a better QB in college vs better competition week in and week out.

They both face a tough road ahead in the NFL but I would bet on Tebow everytime.

ElectricEye
08-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Wow. I'm surprised at how heavily Tebow slanted this all is. I really don't view either of them as NFL starters at QB until one of them proves me wrong. I don't think that's all that out there as a sentiment either and it even seems to be echoed here a bit too. Pryor has potential upside at another position, something Tebow doesn't bring a long with him(he's a good runner for a quarterback and has plenty of size, but he just wouldn't cut it full time as a RB or a TE). Tebow's entire path to NFL success if predicated on dramatic changes to his delivery and overall feel for the passing. Pryor's path is much, much shorter. You can put him out there right now and have him just run away from people or run go routes as a receiver. He's also not completely hopeless as a passer. Mechanically, he's much better in terms of his delivery. His footwork needs some major work and will probably never be great, but his flaws won't just completely sabotage any chance he has like Tebow's do.

But yeah, I really think people aren't considering Pryor's potential at a position other than QB. If it's "what QB would you rather have?", I might pick Tebow. But as far as overall value in the NFL, I'll take Pryor and his baggage every time over Timmy's ugly delivery.