PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Luck sweepstakes

hawkeye123
08-23-2011, 03:13 AM
Which team will have the worst record and get the ultimate prize?

I went with Seattle.

khorn
08-23-2011, 03:39 AM
For me it'll be between the Bills and the Bungles. I'd rather it be Cincy since i would hate for him to go to that shithole Buffalo team. Cincy isn't any better but at least they have AJ Green, and Luck/Green would be a historically good QB/WR combo.

MucBuc
08-23-2011, 04:33 AM
Panthers or Bengals. Depending on Dalton's development, neither team might be willing to pick a QB at #1 or #2 though. Trading down could net them some pretty good offers.

CJSchneider
08-23-2011, 05:46 AM
I'm going with Denver on this one.

Brent
08-23-2011, 06:06 AM
The thought of the Niners losing that bad is depressing, but I suppose it's possible. I went with the Redskins.

Ness
08-23-2011, 06:11 AM
Seattle or Cincinnati for me.

stephenson86
08-23-2011, 06:44 AM
I think it could be Carolina again, with them trading the pick to someone.

JBCX
08-23-2011, 06:46 AM
It's gotta be Seattle.

SolidGold
08-23-2011, 06:58 AM
I think the Raiders take a couple steps back this year. They lost more than they gained - Tom Cable got them to 8-8 and swept the division - his reward was they fire him. Two key offensive players Gallery and Miller have left. Nmadi is gone. Jason Campbell is the starting QB. San Diego should be an elite team this year if they don't screw up on STs, KC will be solid and Denver will be better because the incompetent Josh McDaniels is out of the picture.

If the Raiders have the first pick in the draft and pass on Luck because they believe Pryor is the answer it would pretty much sum up the past decade in Oakland ;

The Alex
08-23-2011, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing San Fran tank or trade up to get him. You put Luck in an offense with his old coach, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree and solid young offensive line and the rest of the NFL will be crapping themselves.

Also, if Denver gets the pick, I can't wait for the sea of morons that will say they should stick with Tebow as the quarterback of the future.

BmoreBlackByrdz
08-23-2011, 07:41 AM
I think Luck will end up in San Fran. Not because they are going to land the #1 pick but I think Harbaugh will push his FO to make a big push for Luck and trade up.

The_Dude
08-23-2011, 09:34 AM
it came down to washington or cincy for me.

i went with washington thanks in large part to John Beck.

nobodyinparticular
08-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I think the Raiders take a couple steps back this year. They lost more than they gained - Tom Cable got them to 8-8 and swept the division - his reward was they fire him. Two key offensive players Gallery and Miller have left. Nmadi is gone. Jason Campbell is the starting QB. San Diego should be an elite team this year if they don't screw up on STs, KC will be solid and Denver will be better because the incompetent Josh McDaniels is out of the picture.

If the Raiders have the first pick in the draft and pass on Luck because they believe Pryor is the answer it would pretty much sum up the past decade in Oakland ;

Really? It was Tom Cable who took the team's offense from 31st to 10th in the league in total yards and from 31st to 6th in the league in points scored? Cause you know Tom Cable was the guy in charge in 2009 and 2010. What turned Tom Cable into such an offensive guru over one offseason?

Or perhaps the credit should go to the new guy on campus to worked with the offense to take it from 31st to 6th--Hue Jackson.

Let's be honest, Tom Cable was a good offensive line coach when that was his only job. And when he was a head coach, he was apparently great with the players. I honestly think part of the reason Nnamdi and Miller left was because they were just too disappointed with Cable leaving the team. We all know that's why Gallery left the team. However, even when it came to the players, Cable rubbed a lot of the team leaders the wrong way at the end of the season with his "We're not losers anymore" speech. Am I pissed Cable left? Yes. Will the team experience anything as a result of Cable leaving? Probably not. It was not Cable who got the Raiders to 8-8, it was Hue Jackson and the Raiders playmakers--DMC, Bush, Miller, Seymour, Kelly, Shaughnessy, Wimbley, Houston, Nnamdi, Huff, Branch and yes even Routt.

The Raiders lost 2 of those playmakers and another guy who played a lot of games for them at LG who was a key part to their success.

bucfan12
08-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Washington going with Rexy or Beck means they are trying to win the Luck sweepstakes.

However, Seattle and Cincy will definately push for it and Cincy looks absolutely terrible right now.

Seattle has a solid team, but terrible QB situation. Plus they play in the NFC West, so I think they'll win enough games to not get the top pick.

bucfan12
08-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Really? It was Tom Cable who took the team's offense from 31st to 10th in the league in total yards and from 31st to 6th in the league in points scored? Cause you know Tom Cable was the guy in charge in 2009 and 2010. What turned Tom Cable into such an offensive guru over one offseason?

Or perhaps the credit should go to the new guy on campus to worked with the offense to take it from 31st to 6th--Hue Jackson.

Let's be honest, Tom Cable was a good offensive line coach when that was his only job. And when he was a head coach, he was apparently great with the players. I honestly think part of the reason Nnamdi and Miller left was because they were just too disappointed with Cable leaving the team. We all know that's why Gallery left the team. However, even when it came to the players, Cable rubbed a lot of the team leaders the wrong way at the end of the season with his "We're not losers anymore" speech. Am I pissed Cable left? Yes. Will the team experience anything as a result of Cable leaving? Probably not. It was not Cable who got the Raiders to 8-8, it was Hue Jackson and the Raiders playmakers--DMC, Bush, Miller, Seymour, Kelly, Shaughnessy, Wimbley, Houston, Nnamdi, Huff, Branch and yes even Routt.

The Raiders lost 2 of those playmakers and another guy who played a lot of games for them at LG who was a key part to their success.

Yeah, Cable was a great coach for them. Al Davis just raided the team with terrible draft choices and QB choices as well. He really had nothing to work with down there in Oakland. Plus, Davis has no patience with head coaches. Hue Jackson is immediately on a short leash in his 1st year.

SolidGold
08-23-2011, 10:40 AM
I think Cable was a great motivator of the players so they played hard for them, that cannot be discounted. Cable was responsible for changing the culture in Oakland. I would not be one to write off Cable as a complete non-factor in Oakland's first non-losing season since 2002. Hue Jackson is proven as an offensive coordinator but that is totally different from being a head coach, a first time head coach at that. Oh and Jason Campbell is still your starting QB, I watched him for 5 years playing for the Redskins so I know what you have there. He is a solid guy but average QB.

BigBanger
08-23-2011, 11:40 AM
If people are seriously considering Washington for being the worst team in the NFL this year, then they really are going to surprise a lot of people. I think they're better than they were last year. I think the offensive line is really solid. They'll have a very good rushing attack led by Tim Hightower (who I think is a stud). And their defense is really solid.

If Beck starts and plays mistake free (which is what he'll do), then the Redskins will be much closer to .500 than picking #1 overall. That would be a really talented team picking 1st overall. No way that happens. I was surprised to even see them mentioned, let alone get the most votes.

To me it's Seattle. Terrible offensive line. Terrible QB situation. I think the defense played over their heads last year. I think they are in for a decline. Pete "RaRa" Carroll isn't an NFL coach. I think the gum chewing, ass slapping and attaboys will wear off (as that approach usually does) with NFL players.

keylime_5
08-23-2011, 11:54 AM
the easy choice is washington b/c they have beck starting at qb, but i think that their defense and running game and the fact that they have shannahan running their offense will make them win at least 5 or 6 games this year. cincinnati is another one, but their schedule this year is weak, much weaker than last year's, and they have some talent on except at qb and safety really. i think it will be a team without a great deal of depth that has some bad injury problems.

prock
08-23-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm going with Denver.

V.I.P
08-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Seattle will win a few games, they're in the NFC West.

Washington will get Lucky, and get the first pick.

bucfan12
08-23-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm still going with Cincinatti.

RaiderNation
08-23-2011, 01:47 PM
I am starting to have second thoughts on whether Washington will "win" the Luck sweepstakes, and I think I have narrowed it down to 3 teams that are the most likely to have the #1 pick. The favorite is the Broncos, with their shakey QB situation and lack of overall talent on both sides the ball. Next is the Bengals who will likely be relying on Andy Dalton at QB. Lastly the 49ers who like the previous 2, don't have a good situation at QB and have a new coaching staff that has barely been able to work with the team.

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2011, 01:47 PM
I went with Miami.

nepg
08-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm going with Denver on this one.
Denver actually looks pretty solid. They're weak as **** as far as secondary depth goes, but the overall roster is really solid. They're a lot better than they're being given credit for and have a legit shot to take the AFC West.

I went with Washington because I think their schedule is going to beat them up a lot more than the Bills'.

JBCX
08-23-2011, 01:56 PM
If people are seriously considering Washington for being the worst team in the NFL this year, then they really are going to surprise a lot of people. I think they're better than they were last year. I think the offensive line is really solid. They'll have a very good rushing attack led by Tim Hightower (who I think is a stud). And their defense is really solid.

If Beck starts and plays mistake free (which is what he'll do), then the Redskins will be much closer to .500 than picking #1 overall. That would be a really talented team picking 1st overall. No way that happens. I was surprised to even see them mentioned, let alone get the most votes.

To me it's Seattle. Terrible offensive line. Terrible QB situation. I think the defense played over their heads last year. I think they are in for a decline. Pete "RaRa" Carroll isn't an NFL coach. I think the gum chewing, ass slapping and attaboys will wear off (as that approach usually does) with NFL players.

I totally agree. One of my "bold predictions" for this year is that Washington actually wins 10 or more games. That's how good I think their defense and their rushing attack will be, irrelevant of their QB situation.

Seattle, however, has nothing going for it at all. Worst QB situation in the league, an expatriate college coach as their head coach, sieve-like defense, and a rookie offensive line held together by duct tape.

bucfan12
08-23-2011, 01:59 PM
I totally agree. One of my "bold predictions" for this year is that Washington actually wins 10 or more games. That's how good I think their defense and their rushing attack will be, irrelevant of their QB situation.

Seattle, however, has nothing going for it at all. Worst QB situation in the league, an expatriate college coach as their head coach, sieve-like defense, and a rookie offensive line held together by duct tape.

Yes, but Seattle plays in the NFC West. I gurantee you they win atleast 4 games.

Cincinatti? Ehh. I'm not so sure if they get 1.

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes, but Seattle plays in the NFC West. I gurantee you they win atleast 4 games.

Cincinatti? Ehh. I'm not so sure if they get 1.

The Bengals play the NFC West this year.

JBCX
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM

Arizona and St. Louis will treat Seattle like their b**** this year. The only team Seattle is capable of beating in their own division is San Fran, and even that's going to be a chore for them because Harbaugh is a superior coach and they probably have more talent than Seattle.

niel89
08-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Its tough to determine right now. At this point, every team is looking better, the rookies are looking to be able to contribute early, young players are looking like they might be poised to break out, and there are tons of reasons why their team won't be picking #1.

CC.SD
08-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Any thoughts on a Carolina repeat? I know it's rare and Cam's ground game might get them a few Ws but I think we're looking at a seriously 'meh' team on both sides of the ball, complete with breaking in a rookie QB I'm not especially high on.

LonghornsLegend
08-23-2011, 06:13 PM
I can't believe so very few people have picked the Bills. They probably have the worst offensive line on this list, Fitzpatrick was solid last year but nobody views him as a franchise QB and he certainly isn't going to lead them to a bunch of wins behind a piss poor offensive line and minimal play-makers.

The defense is just as bad, they get to play in the AFC East too. Now if your Cincy and you just drafted AJ Green, the best thing that could happen to you is getting Andrew Luck, but I can see them winning games with Gradkowski. At least more then Buffalo.

descendency
08-23-2011, 06:15 PM
I think it could be Carolina again, with them trading the pick to someone.

Carolina is a bad team, but they aren't that bad. I seriously doubt they draft top 3 this year. Newton can make plays and won't be asked to do it much, just enough to get the running game going.

San Diego Chicken
08-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Buffalo just isn't lucky enough to get the #1 overall. They've been bad for so long, people pick them to be the worst team in the league every year, and every year they're bad but just not quite bad enough.

LonghornsLegend
08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Carolina is a bad team, but they aren't that bad. I seriously doubt they draft top 3 this year. Newton can make plays and won't be asked to do it much, just enough to get the running game going.

Exactly. Carolina has a very good offensive line with 2 elite RB's, Steve Smith & Greg Olsen at the skill positions. On defense they have players at every level, and very good players at that. I don't get where people think they are a 2-3 win team. They have a great core of young players to build around, and are far from lacking play-makers on both sides of the ball.

Look at who the Bills have to make big plays on both sides of the ball in comparison. There is no way in hell Carolina is that bad again.

bucfan12
08-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Arizona and St. Louis will treat Seattle like their b**** this year. The only team Seattle is capable of beating in their own division is San Fran, and even that's going to be a chore for them because Harbaugh is a superior coach and they probably have more talent than Seattle.

Bro, I don't get where you think St. Louis and Arizona will be great this year. They still have a ton of question marks.

I still don't think Arizona solved there QB situation. is Kolb better than what they had last year? Sure he is. Was he worth the contract and price they paid for him? HELL NO!

I still see the NFC West Winner finsih a min. of 7-9 to 9-7 at best. San Fransisco is better than you think sir. They have better coaching and still have a solid defense and running game in tact. Alex Smith can still compete in that division.

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I can't believe so very few people have picked the Bills. They probably have the worst offensive line on this list, Fitzpatrick was solid last year but nobody views him as a franchise QB and he certainly isn't going to lead them to a bunch of wins behind a piss poor offensive line and minimal play-makers.

The defense is just as bad, they get to play in the AFC East too. Now if your Cincy and you just drafted AJ Green, the best thing that could happen to you is getting Andrew Luck, but I can see them winning games with Gradkowski. At least more then Buffalo.

Expect for the fact that if Andrew Luck comes out more then likely he will pull a Eli and make the Bengals trade him if the Bengals draft him.

Caulibflower
08-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Bengals get him. Andy Dalton is next year's Jimmy Clausen.

Hurricanes25
08-23-2011, 06:56 PM
I can't pinpoint 1 team but there are a few teams that stick out. Buffalo, Washington, Denver and Cincy.

Clerky
08-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Going to go with Cincinnati. Their offense doesn't look very good with Dalton at the helm, as he hasn't looked very good in the preseason. Benson should do okay and Green should develop nicely this year, but other than that there's nothing to write home about. Their defense isn't much better but I could see them being okay with Leon Hall and Rey Maualuga and possibly Carlos Dunlap if he continues to develop. And with the division they're in I just don't see them succeeding much this year. I could also see Buffalo, Denver, Washington, and Seattle as contenders for Luck.

49erNation85
08-24-2011, 12:00 AM
I would love to see him in SF but I doubt after we drafted CK and he is looking impressive in camp so far.Maybe Sea, Wash or Cincy .

keylime_5
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Exactly. Carolina has a very good offensive line with 2 elite RB's, Steve Smith & Greg Olsen at the skill positions. On defense they have players at every level, and very good players at that. I don't get where people think they are a 2-3 win team. They have a great core of young players to build around, and are far from lacking play-makers on both sides of the ball.

Look at who the Bills have to make big plays on both sides of the ball in comparison. There is no way in hell Carolina is that bad again.

I think the Bills won this poll like the last 3 years, but we've figured out that no matter how bad they look on paper they won't get the top pick. Last year was the closest they came, but this season they should be improved on defense with Merriman, Dareus, Barnett, etc. added to the fold. Their offense isn't that bad either even though they have no OLine talent.

Rosebud
08-24-2011, 01:08 PM
I think the Bills won this poll like the last 3 years, but we've figured out that no matter how bad they look on paper they won't get the top pick. Last year was the closest they came, but this season they should be improved on defense with Merriman, Dareus, Barnett, etc. added to the fold. Their offense isn't that bad either even though they have no OLine talent.

I wouldn't say they have no OL talent. It's probably in the best shape it's been since Jason Peters was still dominant. It's not great by any stretch but it's actually not epically bad anymore.

SuperMcGee
08-24-2011, 01:08 PM
We actually have no reliable talent anywhere on offense, outside of Jackson and Stevie. But hopefully Fitz can scrap together some good performances and Spiller can dazzle a bit.

I wouldn't say they have no OL talent. It's probably in the best shape it's been since Jason Peters was still dominant. It's not great by any stretch but it's actually not epically bad anymore.

It's pretty bad. Eric Wood is the standout performer as an average center (though a great run blocker). Andy Levitre is possibly losing his job at LG and, in turn, competing for the starting LT job with Bell. Kraig Urbik is beyond awful. Erik Pears is right around awful. It looks like one of the worst pass pro lines in the league, based on what I've seen from the current unit.

JRTPlaya21
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Denver actually looks pretty solid. They're weak as **** as far as secondary depth goes, but the overall roster is really solid. They're a lot better than they're being given credit for and have a legit shot to take the AFC West.

I went with Washington because I think their schedule is going to beat them up a lot more than the Bills'.

We play the Cardinals, Rams, Panthers, Bills, 49ers, Dolphins, Seahawks & Vikings. I'd say those are winnable games.....But by all means I won't complain one bit if we win the Luck sweepstakes. Trust me.

J255979-11nine
08-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Depending on how many games Manning misses or if he is playing at a much lower level than what we've become accustomed to I could see the Colts being in the race for #1 overall. Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter FTW!!!

gpngc
08-24-2011, 04:06 PM
1. Seahawks
2. Bengals
3. Bills
4. Raiders
5. Buccaneers
6. Titans
7. Giants
8. Jaguars
9. Browns
10. Rams

Rosebud
08-24-2011, 06:32 PM
We actually have no reliable talent anywhere on offense, outside of Jackson and Stevie. But hopefully Fitz can scrap together some good performances and Spiller can dazzle a bit.

It's pretty bad. Eric Wood is the standout performer as an average center (though a great run blocker). Andy Levitre is possibly losing his job at LG and, in turn, competing for the starting LT job with Bell. Kraig Urbik is beyond awful. Erik Pears is right around awful. It looks like one of the worst pass pro lines in the league, based on what I've seen from the current unit.

Wood being decent, and Both Bell and Levitre being mediocre is better than a number of OL's the Bills have started seasons with.

wordofi
08-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Indianapolis Colts because Peyton Manning will miss some time.

J-Mike88
08-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Indianapolis Colts because Peyton Manning will miss some time.
It almost seems as if they could go 2-14 without him, and regroup and get rewarded with Luck for the one down year.

I went with Carolina, as they proved last year they could find ways to lose. Until someone knocks them off their mantle there, I had to choose them. I'm not really sure where they've improved.

nepg
08-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Carolina can't really win it because they aren't drafting Luck.

thenewfeature06
08-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah that would be wierd if Carolina did get the #1 pick..

dannyz
08-24-2011, 08:49 PM

They could always Trade Cam Newton. With the CBA they are not paying him what other 1ST Overall Picks have gotten. I know it seems unlikely but if he plays really bad and Luck Plays lights out and Wins the Heisman I could see it happening.

nobodyinparticular
08-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Cam Newton might go out and get a tattoo (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-24/jerry-richardson-cam-newton-tattoo-interview) or get his ears pierced which would force Carolina's hand on that trade.

phlysac
08-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Cam Newton might go out and get a tattoo (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-08-24/jerry-richardson-cam-newton-tattoo-interview) or get his ears pierced which would force Carolina's hand on that trade.

It's clearly about performance. He'll be a better quarterback if he doesn't get a tattoo.

MidwayMonster31
08-24-2011, 09:32 PM
I'm pretty sure the Panther fans here have a better grasp on it, but it seemed like both the Panthers and John Fox quit on each other last year. I see Ron Rivera doing a much better job, and the defense was solid last year.
Overall, I think Washington or Cincinnati have the best chance. If the Bengals end up with that pick, it would be interesting to see if Luck declares, you know Brown won't trade him and Carson Palmer would probably have a few things to say to Luck about being in that organization.
Buffalo could also get it, if Fitzpatrick can't repeat his success and the defense doe not improve.

nepg
08-24-2011, 09:35 PM
I have a hard time seeing the Bengals being the worst team. They have a solid roster. If Dalton can just be the backup caliber QB he should be, they should win 6+.

Rosebud
08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
I have a hard time seeing the Bengals being the worst team. They have a solid roster. If Dalton can just be the backup caliber QB he should be, they should win 6+.

The defense still has some serious talent left, an they've got players at the skill positions. Green, Gresham, Simpson, Shipley, Benson and I'm forgetting someone. If the OL holds up well Dalton would have to be terrible to lead the bengals to victory in the Luck sweepstakes.

Washington I could see being that bad with Beck or Rex leading them but I still the top pick going to an NFC West team.

Ness
08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
I would love to see him in SF but I doubt after we drafted CK and he is looking impressive in camp so far.Maybe Sea, Wash or Cincy .
I don't see San Francisco getting the first pick anyways.

bucfan12
08-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't see anyone inf the NFC West getting the 1st pick. Everyone rags on Seattle, but they've built a pretty nice team, inlcuding the O-line. Young on the line, but got one heck of a good coach in Tom Cable.

They've done a nice job on defense, just need to add some pass rush.

They need a QB desperately though. I think Whitehurst can win them 5 games with what he has around him at TE, WR and RB. He's looked a lot better than Jackson, I'll tell you that.

Carolina won't be picking number 1 again. They are better than what they were last year because it seemed like there was no effort. They get there LBs all healthy and have a very good LB core in Beason, Anderson, Connor and Davis. Secondary was very good in 2009, but I don't know what happened in 2010. I think they could rebound, but won't be terrible. I think 4 wins could be reachable, maybe 6 at most.

Teams I think will have a shot :

- Cincinatti: They look awful and honestly, I think the Coach and personel has lost the lockerroom with the whole Palmer situation. Apparently, most of the players on the team understand and back Palmers decision to leave the team. Andy Dalton, honestly, I never understood why they took him. I see average, atleast, backup in the NFL and already he's being deemed there franchise QB. They lost there best CB, yes I said it, Joseph was better than Hall and they have no quality safeties back there either. O-line is suspect as well as WRs. I can see 0-16, but clearly the front runners for the top pick.

- Washington: I think they're good enough on defense to win some ball games, but it all comes down to the QB play. They don't have much at WR except Moss and Cooley at TE. They might be underrated at the RB position. A few wins is possible, but Beck and Grossman as the QB options aren't anything to get excited about.

- Miami: YEs, I said it. Chad Henne clearly isn't the answer. I think they'll stick with him this year and see how he performs, but I think they're declining from that 2009 season. They've missed on some picks and haven't done a very good job replacing players. The ship is sinkning down in Miami and I think they could be one of the worst teams out there.

wordofi
08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
It almost seems as if they could go 2-14 without him, and regroup and get rewarded with Luck for the one down year.

I went with Carolina, as they proved last year they could find ways to lose. Until someone knocks them off their mantle there, I had to choose them. I'm not really sure where they've improved.

He's not going to be ready for week 1 according to ESPN Radio in Indianapolis. My prediction shouldn't be written off if you ask me.

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 12:29 AM
Cincinatti: They look awful and honestly, I think the Coach and personel has lost the lockerroom with the whole Palmer situation. Apparently, most of the players on the team understand and back Palmers decision to leave the team. Andy Dalton, honestly, I never understood why they took him. I see average, atleast, backup in the NFL and already he's being deemed there franchise QB. They lost there best CB, yes I said it, Joseph was better than Hall and they have no quality safeties back there either. O-line is suspect as well as WRs. I can see 0-16, but clearly the front runners for the top pick.

I don't know where u are reading this stuff but most of the players have been taking shots at Palmer for being a Crybaby and a Quitter and said that he needed to go. Atleast the Bengals are letting Dalton play it out and see if they have a QB in him. Dalton has only gotten better each game he has played so far. Joseph can't stay healthy he is the better corner but i rather them give all that money to Hall who can least stay on field all season. The Bengals have never had Safeties they made the Playoffs with Roy Williams and Chris Crocker as the starting safeties. In Zimmer Defense Safety is just not a big thing they play mostly up on the line. The OL will be better with Clint Boling looking to take over at one the Guard postions. The Bengals have the youngest most talent set of WRs i have seen in years. Stop acting like you know anything about the Bengals. The Bengals 1st 8 Games are they could easily win. The Defense will carry the Bengals to atleast 3 or 4 wins.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 01:30 AM
THe thing is with Andy Dalton, he's struggling mightily against defenses that aren't really throwing much at you in preseason. The tempo of the game is going to be whole lot different come week 1.

I'm sorry I just never saw Andy Dalton as a guy who can be a franchise QB and lead a team in this league, before the draft. I think it's showing so far and I think he'll get a bit better, he's suited for a back up role.

If the QB play is absolutely horrible, the defense is not going to get you wins, unless they are elite. Cincinatti, in my opinion, is not 1 of those championship defenses. Defenses like the 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, and past Steeler defenses are defenses that can carry you to a Super Bowl with average offensive play. Cincy does not have that.

Ness
08-25-2011, 01:39 AM
People need to stop with "I can see this team going 0-16".

Shane P. Hallam
08-25-2011, 01:45 AM
I don't know where u are reading this stuff but most of the players have been taking shots at Palmer for being a Crybaby and a Quitter and said that he needed to go. Atleast the Bengals are letting Dalton play it out and see if they have a QB in him. Dalton has only gotten better each game he has played so far. Joseph can't stay healthy he is the better corner but i rather them give all that money to Hall who can least stay on field all season. The Bengals have never had Safeties they made the Playoffs with Roy Williams and Chris Crocker as the starting safeties. In Zimmer Defense Safety is just not a big thing they play mostly up on the line. The OL will be better with Clint Boling looking to take over at one the Guard postions. The Bengals have the youngest most talent set of WRs i have seen in years. Stop acting like you know anything about the Bengals. The Bengals 1st 8 Games are they could easily win. The Defense will carry the Bengals to atleast 3 or 4 wins.

So, what is your record prediction for the Bengals and who do they beat?

SolidGold
08-25-2011, 07:54 AM
The Redskins have been impressive so far in preseason. They did have a pretty decent draft class and infused the roster with a lot of youth. They made some quality free agent signings of younger veteran guys. Hightower looks to be a good fit in the Shanny ZBS. I do not think they will tank this year, their ceiling will be 9-7 but I dont think they will be worse than 6-10. If a team that drafted a QB this year (Carolina, Cincinnati, Jacksonville) ends up at the top of the draft I could see the Redskins trying to pull off some sort of huge trade with trading future number 1 draft picks along with next year's to obtain the number 1 spot in the draft in 2012 to get Luck. QB is their obvious number one need.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 09:34 AM
The Redskins have been impressive so far in preseason. They did have a pretty decent draft class and infused the roster with a lot of youth. They made some quality free agent signings of younger veteran guys. Hightower looks to be a good fit in the Shanny ZBS. I do not think they will tank this year, their ceiling will be 9-7 but I dont think they will be worse than 6-10. If a team that drafted a QB this year (Carolina, Cincinnati, Jacksonville) ends up at the top of the draft I could see the Redskins trying to pull off some sort of huge trade with trading future number 1 draft picks along with next year's to obtain the number 1 spot in the draft in 2012 to get Luck. QB is their obvious number one need.

I only see Jacksonville and Carolina trading out of the top pick in that situation.

As like last year, Cincinatti, just like Carolina, only invested a 2nd round pick in a QB. If he shows no flashes of being the guy, then you don't pass on Luck, who clearly is 1 of the best QB prospects since Peyton Manning.

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 01:39 PM
So, what is your record prediction for the Bengals and who do they beat?

Week 3: 49ers
Week 5:@ Jacksonville
Week 12: Cleveland
Week 16: Arizona

4-12 Defense will carry them those 4 wins. They will be in the running for Luck but to say a team will go 0-16 just be two preseason games is retarted.

wordofi
08-25-2011, 01:43 PM
I only see Jacksonville and Carolina trading out of the top pick in that situation.

As like last year, Cincinatti, just like Carolina, only invested a 2nd round pick in a QB. If he shows no flashes of being the guy, then you don't pass on Luck, who clearly is 1 of the best QB prospects since Peyton Manning.

If Cincinnati gets the #1 pick, they shouldn't pass on Luck under any circumstances. Andy Dalton is way overrated. I was laughing hard before the draft when there was talk that he could be drafted in the first round.

Rosebud
08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
If Cincinnati gets the #1 pick, they shouldn't pass on Luck under any circumstances. Andy Dalton is way overrated. I was laughing hard before the draft when there was talk that he could be drafted in the first round.

If Cincy gets the first overall pick Dalton would have to have probowl caliber numbers to keep them from taking Luck.

nepg
08-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Cincy has a lot of continuity. That alone plus them over some teams. The one big change is at QB. But the weapons around him are fantastic. They look like a 5-6 win team tho me.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Week 3: 49ers
Week 5:@ Jacksonville
Week 12: Cleveland
Week 16: Arizona

4-12 Defense will carry them those 4 wins. They will be in the running for Luck but to say a team will go 0-16 just be two preseason games is retarted.

You must have a lot of confidence in that defense because only elite defenses carry teams to victory. And honestly, I don't even think the Bengals have an average offense and an elite defense. Maybe they sneak a win against Jacksonville. Cleveland looks good, so maybe, i don't know.

The 49ers are a possibility, but they are well coached with Harbaugh and his staff and Smith is a better QB than Andy Dalton. At least he can move the offense down the field.

SolidGold
08-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Dalton looks pretty good tonight bucsfan

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Dalton looks pretty good tonight bucsfan

Pre-season...playing Carolina...enough said?

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM

But they are a 0-16 team... Does that mean Carolina is 0-16 team?

SolidGold
08-25-2011, 08:10 PM

Keep going

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah...fans like you who think pre-season is everything, then you obviously know nothing. I never saw anything special in terms of Andy Dalton being a starter in this league. QB is the most important position on the field and the Bengals drafted themselves someone who is a back up type QB. There personel and front office and coaching staff, like seriously, only there defensive coordinator is a value and likeable coach, thats it. (Zimmer i believe his name is).

Andy Dalton is seeing vanilla defenses right now, meaning, teams aren't tipping there hand and putting together blitz coverages. Preseason is to just go out there and shake the rust off and get some game action before week 1. Also, evaluating there depth. Dalton struggled mightily in weeks 1 and 2. Tonight he's looked good, I'll give him that, but the pace, tempo, and packages he'll see come regular season is where you judge him.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 08:34 PM
And honestl,y many QBs were overdrafted in 2011. Cam Newton, Christian Ponder, and Jake Locker being 3 of them. Andy Dalton was talked about being a 1st rounder. I had a 5th round grade as a developmental back up QB. I don't know what Cincy saw in him, but he was overdrafted as well. Locker, Ponder and Newton all should have been 2nd rounders as well. I only liked Gabbert, Kaepernick, and Mallett as guys who will start in this league.

SolidGold
08-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah...fans like you who think pre-season is everything, then you obviously know nothing. I never saw anything special in terms of Andy Dalton being a starter in this league. QB is the most important position on the field and the Bengals drafted themselves someone who is a back up type QB. There personel and front office and coaching staff, like seriously, only there defensive coordinator is a value and likeable coach, thats it. (Zimmer i believe his name is).

Andy Dalton is seeing vanilla defenses right now, meaning, teams aren't tipping there hand and putting together blitz coverages. Preseason is to just go out there and shake the rust off and get some game action before week 1. Also, evaluating there depth. Dalton struggled mightily in weeks 1 and 2. Tonight he's looked good, I'll give him that, but the pace, tempo, and packages he'll see come regular season is where you judge him.

I don't think pre-season is everything. Its a sample size, Dalton has played better in real game action against a first team NFL defense. Apparently an NFL regular season means nothing to you since you already have written the Bengals off before playing one regular season game, anything can happen. I'm watching the Ravens/Redskins games and they blitzing plenty and showing different coverages so I am sure the Panthers were doing the same.

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 08:38 PM
And honestl,y many QBs were overdrafted in 2011. Cam Newton, Christian Ponder, and Jake Locker being 3 of them. Andy Dalton was talked about being a 1st rounder. I had a 5th round grade as a developmental back up QB. I don't know what Cincy saw in him, but he was overdrafted as well. Locker, Ponder and Newton all should have been 2nd rounders as well. I only liked Gabbert, Kaepernick, and Mallett as guys who will start in this league.

Seeing u have Kaepernick as a Starter but not Cam Newton and Jake Locker in the league makes me automatically not listen to anything u have to say on QBs .

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Seeing u have Kaepernick as a Starter but not Cam Newton and Jake Locker in the league makes me automatically not listen to anything u have to say on QBs .

When it came to Kaepernick, he just seemed to possess the skills. Arm strength, smarts, talent, accuracy. He played in a pistol offense makes him a bit of development, but Harbaugh, who knows a bit about the QB position, saw enough to trade up for him. He's also very mobile in the pocket and reminds me a bit of Josh Freeman.

Cam Newton is just a pure Athlete. I don't think he is an NFL QB. I don't like his intangibles nor his character. To me, he's a bigger version of Vince Young. He won't be able to pick apart defenses, instead they'll confuse him.

Locker is and always has been inaccurate. There are times he looked solid, but a lot of times he looked totally confused out there on the field. He's got mechanics, but he's always seemed uncomfortable in the pocket and looked to make plays with his feet. He's got to get more comfortable back there.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 08:54 PM

Seeing you think the Bengals can easily win 8 games this year makes me automatically question your knowledge on the NFL.

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Seeing you think the Bengals can easily win 8 games this year makes me automatically question your knowledge on the NFL.

They have the talent too but they won't plus the fact that they have a cupcake scheldue. Saying any team will go 0-16 makes me question you.

You look at the Bengals and see they don't have Carson or Chad or TO and u like OMG they are terrible now they won't win a game. Getting Rid of those 3 made them a better team then last year and last year then won 4 games.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Did not say they will, but if any team had a chance at 0-16, I think it is Cincinatti.

LonghornsLegend
08-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Yet a few post earlier you were bashing him based off of his play. In the same pre-season. I guess it only works if it helps your point right?

We don't need to be basing too much off of any rookie QB right now anyway that missed an entire off-season. There is alot on his plate right now to expect him to be a starter, regardless of your feelings of him before the draft.

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Yet a few post earlier you were bashing him based off of his play. In the same pre-season. I guess it only works if it helps your point right?

We don't need to be basing too much off of any rookie QB right now anyway that missed an entire off-season. There is alot on his plate right now to expect him to be a starter, regardless of your feelings of him before the draft.

Thank u sir. You know what ur talking about.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I really see no flash in Dalton's game and this was even before he was drafted. I didn't know how most scouts had a 4th round grade for him and all of a sudden he moved up to a late 1st/early 2nd round pick. (Eventually early 2nd by Cincy.)

he doens't display the arm strength of an NFL starter and I've been seeing that through pre-season. He's accurate on shorter routes, but he doesn't have the arm to make the NFL throws, which regulates him as back up material. I think Colt McCoy had/has a stronger arm.

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I really see no flash in Dalton's game and this was even before he was drafted. I didn't know how most scouts had a 4th round grade for him and all of a sudden he moved up to a late 1st/early 2nd round pick. (Eventually early 2nd by Cincy.)

he doens't display the arm strength of an NFL starter and I've been seeing that through pre-season. He's accurate on shorter routes, but he doesn't have the arm to make the NFL throws, which regulates him as back up material. I think Colt McCoy had/has a stronger arm.

What about his 45 yard TD pass to AJ Green Tonight. How did he do that????

Unbiased
08-25-2011, 09:36 PM

Not getting in the #1 pick debate but that was the worst long TD pass.

Not trying to **** on Cincy. I like the infusion of young talent at the skill positions and I've always liked Zimmer coaching up the defense.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 09:38 PM

That was a duck. See that ball wobble the whole way. What does that tell you, bro?

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 09:41 PM
That was a duck. See that ball wobble the whole way. What does that tell you, bro?

He got it there that is all that counts. The DB did not have a chance to make a play on the ball. Yes his Deep Ball is not pretty but he can get it there. Arm Strengh is overated in the NFL today. As long as they can read the defense and has some accuracy and have Poise you can play and start in the NFL and Dalton has those Attributes.

bucfan12
08-25-2011, 10:08 PM
He got it there that is all that counts. The DB did not have a chance to make a play on the ball. Yes his Deep Ball is not pretty but he can get it there. Arm Strengh is overated in the NFL today. As long as they can read the defense and has some accuracy and have Poise you can play and start in the NFL and Dalton has those Attributes.

Going to hurt him when he has to make those throws in tight windows and thread defenses. That's what seperates QBs in this league.

Pat Sims 90
08-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Going to hurt him when he has to make those throws in tight windows and thread defenses. That's what seperates QBs in this league.

Yea that is why he is not going to be a elite QB but he can start in this league and will win games and that is all the Bengals need right now.

SchizophrenicBatman
08-25-2011, 10:56 PM
the td dalton tossed wont fly against a real team. he just lofted that **** up there. i thought i was watching a jimmy clausen pass to be honest. only reason it worked is because chris gamble has completely mailed it in since about halfway through last year. i dont think he's been at a single practice this preseason and he immediately went to the locker room after getting burned by aj green on that play

Drebell25
08-25-2011, 11:23 PM
I had to go with the 49ers. I think Dalton and Newton are going to pull some wins out the a** which is gonna be just enough for them to stay out of the #1 spot. SF is basically going through what they went through last year how many chances are they gonna give Alex Smith???? I know hes had numerous offensive coordinators and coaches but geesh hes their down fall. SF actually had some good teams in the past few years its just the lack of play at QB really hurt them. But thats gonna all change when they get that #1 pick and choose Luck

ellsy82
08-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Washington for me.

MucBuc
08-26-2011, 02:42 AM
Cincy HAS a cupcake schedule...but only through the first half of the season. In the final 8 games they get Pittsburgh twice, Baltimore twice, Houston and a Rams team on the rise. The Cardinals too, which could surprise some people this year.

Even with a favorable initial schedule, I don't see a rookie QB putting together a winning streak in his first 8 games against NFL defenses. Especially after this lockout, which means he has had about as much preparation time as a rookie QB in June in any other offseason.

tjsunstein
08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
I'm not going to even form an opinion on this draft class until the end of next year at the earliest when they had at least one full off season.

Rosebud
08-26-2011, 08:08 AM
You must have a lot of confidence in that defense because only elite defenses carry teams to victory. And honestly, I don't even think the Bengals have an average offense and an elite defense. Maybe they sneak a win against Jacksonville. Cleveland looks good, so maybe, i don't know.

The 49ers are a possibility, but they are well coached with Harbaugh and his staff and Smith is a better QB than Andy Dalton. At least he can move the offense down the field.

1) No, a defense can win you games without being elite, it's getting to the playoffs that requires an elite defense if you have a bad offense.

2) No one has seen a Harbaugh team in the NFL so how can you say they are going to be well coached? Especially when they had a shortened offseason.

3) No one has seen Dalton take a snap that matters in the NFL so you can't say that Smith's definitely a better QB than him.

Matthew Jones
08-26-2011, 08:12 AM
I actually think San Francisco has a chance to reunite Luck with Harbaugh. Their division is weak, but aside from that there aren't many games on their schedule that look winnable. They lost a lot of talent this year on defense and the lockout will probably prevent Harbaugh from being able to implement his system as thoroughly as he wanted to.

Da-Phins
08-26-2011, 10:19 AM
My bet it will either be the Panthers, Redskins or the Bengals. But too bad with Panthers they are stuck with the overrated Cam Newton who will never amount to much in the pros(here comes the Newton homers).

But if my Dolphins somehow end up getting the 1st pick then God bless us. Get a new coaching staff and finally have ourselves a franchise QB.

Rosebud
08-26-2011, 10:26 AM
My bet it will either be the Panthers, Redskins or the Bengals. But too bad with Panthers they are stuck with the overrated Cam Newton who will never amount to much in the pros(here comes the Newton homers).

But if my Dolphins somehow end up getting the 1st pick then God bless us. Get a new coaching staff and finally have ourselves a franchise QB.

You don't need to be a homer or even think the kid will succeed to think it's idiotic to assume he'll fail before throwing a single regular season pass.

Da-Phins
08-26-2011, 10:29 AM
You don't need to be a homer or even think the kid will succeed to think it's idiotic to assume he'll fail before throwing a single regular season pass.

Maybe so but just my opinion. If he does good then I will gladly eat my words and admit it. I dont see him being a guy that can lead a team to the playoffs.

bucfan12
08-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Maybe so but just my opinion. If he does good then I will gladly eat my words and admit it. I dont see him being a guy that can lead a team to the playoffs.

Will too eat my words if Newton becomes a success. But Merril Hodge said it best. His decision making just isn't quick enough to read and react to what nfl defenses are doing and that is why he won't be a star QB in this league. The athleticism and arm strength is there, but you need more than that. He didn't have to make reads in college because he could run over people and create open WRs on that level.

At the NFL, you can't do that. He's not going to make those unbelieveable runs. Guys are faster in the NFL, just ask Vince Young, who didn't make those types of plays with his feet at that level.

Listen, there are guys who were great college football players, but they never did anything in the NFL and that happens a lot.

I just don't see Cam Newton as a franchise QB.

Rosebud
08-26-2011, 06:39 PM
You can think whatever you chose. But to assume that he'll never amount to much in the pros before he's thrown a single regular season pass is silly and way too premature. I don't think he'll be a star either, guess who else I didn't think would be stars. Josh Freeman, Ben Roethlisberger and Phillip Rivers. Plus Newton could become a good QB without becoming a star the way Vick was for years in Atlanta.

FUNBUNCHER
08-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Will too eat my words if Newton becomes a success. But Merril Hodge said it best. His decision making just isn't quick enough to read and react to what nfl defenses are doing and that is why he won't be a star QB in this league. The athleticism and arm strength is there, but you need more than that. He didn't have to make reads in college because he could run over people and create open WRs on that level.

At the NFL, you can't do that. He's not going to make those unbelieveable runs. Guys are faster in the NFL, just ask Vince Young, who didn't make those types of plays with his feet at that level.

Listen, there are guys who were great college football players, but they never did anything in the NFL and that happens a lot.

I just don't see Cam Newton as a franchise QB.

My question is what is Merril Hoge basing his opinion on?? A couple of preseason games??

Didn't Merril say that Colt McCoy would never amount to much of a pro QB??
The NFL game was too fast for Peyton Manning as a rookie too. I don't think Cam is really ready to start for the Panthers and believe he's going to be forced into duty too soon and potentially develop bad habits. But that's life.

Dissecting his preseason performance IMO is way too early to make final declarations about what and who he's going to be as a pro.

If Cam really works with Chudzinski and buries his nose in his playbook, he's going to be a better QB in week 16 than week 1.

But who he becomes after that, who knows??

Luck is either going to the Colts because Manning is never right all season and their team is getting older, or the 49ers because Alex Smith is FUBAR and Kaepernick is even more raw than Newton.

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Cowboys should be on this list now!!!

CashmoneyDrew
09-18-2011, 06:17 PM

http://billnance.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/image7.png

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
http://billnance.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/image7.png

see this face--------> O_o

T-RICH49
09-18-2011, 07:16 PM
add the Chiefs into the Luck sweepstakes

Raiderz4Life
09-18-2011, 07:18 PM

lol this post makes 0 sense. Cowboys have NO chance of getting the 1st pick.

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 07:22 PM
lol this post makes 0 sense. Cowboys have NO chance of getting the 1st pick.

And you're saying.........WOMP! WOMP! WOMP!(Charlie Brown teacher)

You act like Jerry Jones does not have the assets to trade up, especially if he does not do well this season if Romo happens to be out for quite a few weeks.

gpngc
09-18-2011, 07:44 PM
There is ONE team CLEARLY in the lead two weeks in.

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 07:46 PM
There is ONE team CLEARLY in the lead two weeks in.

Seahawks right buddy?

jared3
09-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Tope 5 picks imo..

1. Seahawks
2. Panthers
3. Colts
4. Dolphins
5. Chiefs

vidae
09-18-2011, 07:52 PM
There is no way the Seahawks are worse than us. We've given up 89 points in 2 games and only scored 10 points. We're clearly the front runner.

And yes I realize I am arguing how ****** we are. I am now sadder than I was 2 minutes ago. :(

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
There is no way the Seahawks are worse than us. We've given up 89 points in 2 games and only scored 10 points. We're clearly the front runner.

And yes I realize I am arguing how ****** we are. I am now sadder than I was 2 minutes ago. :(

LMFAO..... I see you're the #1 headliner for your squad to obtain the #1 overall in the Luck Sweepstakes.

LonghornsLegend
09-18-2011, 08:03 PM
The Chiefs would be a good landing spot for Luck. #1 stud WR, Baldwin might be a good #2, Charles should still come back really good as if I can remember most guys who have had that injury lately seem to come back relatively the same. There are some good young pieces on the line too, not sure what the deal is with Gaither though.

falloutboy14
09-18-2011, 08:05 PM
I think Newton is playing well enough to get them out of this discussion.

KC @ Indy October 9. Mark your calenders. We're going down.

keylime_5
09-18-2011, 09:11 PM
Colts and Chiefs. Seahawks are in the discussion, but their defense hasn't looked that bad and they play in the worst division in the NFL. Panthers are 0-2, but they don't that bad on either side of the ball. Dolphins aren't a bad team either despite being 0-2. IMO they won't have a top 10 pick, let alone the #1 pick.

Splat
09-18-2011, 09:14 PM
The Chiefs will win enough games to pick second... FTL...

descendency
09-18-2011, 09:18 PM
The Chiefs will win enough games to pick second... FTL...

The Bills will make the playoffs the year the best QB class comes out. At least the Chiefs will get Matt Barkley.

TonyGfortheTD
09-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I think Newton is playing well enough to get them out of this discussion.

KC @ Indy October 9. Mark your calenders. We're going down.

It's going to be epic (fail)

dannyz
09-19-2011, 09:37 PM
What do you think the Trade Value for Andrew Luck is? I mean if a Team that needed him but also needed alot of Positions were going to trade the Rights for him what could they get and who would make the Trade?

falloutboy14
09-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Depending on which 1st round pick they have, maybe two firsts, and a second. With the new rookie contract rules, we're going to see a lot more movement in the top-10 then we have in the past. Not to mention, if the 1st pick is available there'll be half a dozen teams willing to make that trade. That should drive the price up nicely.

As far as who? Miami, Seattle, Oakland, Denver, Redskins (depending on how Grossman does). Everyone who's picking relatively early and have nothing really at QB.

keylime_5
09-19-2011, 09:59 PM
I remember the Browns offered St.Louis a **** ton allegedly to try and get Sam Bradford and they said no, so it would have to be a ton. Chargers got a king's ransom for Eli, and that was in a draft where there was another elite QB who graded out similarly to Manning sitting right there at four in Rivers. You'd have to imagine 2 firsts, and some quality midround picks like a 3rd and two 4ths or something like that. If it's a team that needs a QB there is no way a trade occurs IMO. If it's Indy or a team that already has a young franchise QB they like them maybe.

Bengalsrocket
09-19-2011, 10:35 PM
So the Bengals aren't considered the worst team in the league anymore?

MaxV
09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
What do you think the Trade Value for Andrew Luck is? I mean if a Team that needed him but also needed alot of Positions were going to trade the Rights for him what could they get and who would make the Trade?

That might be the case if Indy lands the top overall pick.

I'm sure the hope of the Colts' front office is that Peyton isn't finished.

If there is a team willing to pay a high price, I'm sure that Polians would entertain that idea.

Shane P. Hallam
09-20-2011, 08:52 AM
So the Bengals aren't considered the worst team in the league anymore?

No, but they are pretty close!

Shane P. Hallam
09-20-2011, 08:53 AM

I'd say two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds at least.

LonghornsLegend
09-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I'd say two firsts, two seconds, and two thirds at least.

This. And your only entertaining it if it even starts out with this. A bunch of teams would still turn this down for Andrew Luck, and the set of picks they already have. While we all love draft picks here, 99.9% of teams would prefer Luck if they end up with the #1 pick. Alot depends on how far that team would be moving down, but I think this is bare minimum.

I wish we could see what the offer was for Bradford that was declined.

vidae
09-20-2011, 11:14 AM
I'm worried that Pioli would take that deal if we're picking first overall, haha. I'd much rather just have Luck.

Shane P. Hallam
09-20-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm worried that Pioli would take that deal if we're picking first overall, haha. I'd much rather just have Luck.

Safest bet to be honest. Maybe it depends how far you move down and how good your team is. If I'm Indy and Peyton gets a clean bill of health by the draft, I'd take a long hard look at trading down to try and make a run with Manning by getting instant impact rookies. Probably not the best choice, but if Polian feels his job is on the line, it may be worth it.