PDA

View Full Version : 1st Mock of the Season

RWills
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
1. @ Washington Redskins QB Andrew Luck
- I can actually see Luck stay for his Sr year if Cincy has the first pick, which I have them goingÖbut Snyder will do what it would take to get the top pick and get Luck. Multiple first rounder picks and much of this yearís draft to go a long with a player or two.
2. Buffalo Bills OT Matt Kalil
- They miss out on the Luck sweep stakes they finally decide to get a LT and build the line. I can see Buffalo swinging a third round pick for Tebow.
3. Seattle Seahawks QB Matt Barkley
- Neither Jackson nor Whitehurst should be starting, Barkley reunites with his former college coach to become the face of the franchise.
4. Carolina Panthers WR Ashlon Jeffery
- They finally get a real receiving threat, sadly Steve Smith will be gone so they still will be looking for that elusive #2. Jeffery can dominate the pro game and help Cam grow.
5. San Francisco 49ers CB Dre Kirkpatrick
- Coples is more highly rated but they have huge holes at the defensive background. Kirkpatrick will become their #1 CB, not as highly rated as Patrick Peterson, but someone who is physical enough to match up to Rice/Fitzgerald
6. @ Cincinnati Bengals DE Quinton Coples
- If Cincy gets #1 I think Luck stays or pulls an EliÖDalton IMO has no business being a starter, but the Bengals see otherwise so they go with the top rated defensive player to pair with Dunlap.
7. Denver Broncos QB Landry Jones
- Itís obvious Tebow is gone in the offseason, the staff does not like him. Landry is the top of QB Elway likes. I can also see him willing to give up everything for Luck as he is very similar to Elway coming out of college.
8. Tennessee Titans S Ray Ray Armstrong
- Ray Ray will be a high pick after this season and the Titans need to replace Chris Hope, this pick could change depending on the Chris Johnson Fiasco though. I doubt they look at Blackmon with the troubles from Britt.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon
- Desperate for a WR since Jimmy Smith Blackmon teams with Gabbert to form a talented young pair to help give some life into Jax offense.
10. Cleveland Browns LB Vontaze Burfict
- Will be the DROY favorite and become the leader of this faceless defense soon. Can play SAM or MIKE and will make an instant impact to a young defense.
11. Oakland Raiders OT Jon Martin
- Their o-line is a joke and need some aspect of talent in the trenches. Al Davis loves Cali guys despite not being a measurables man, Martin is Rock solid tackle.
12. Miami Dolphins QB Nick Foles
- Bit of a reach here but the Dolphins are desperate for a QB of the future and after seeing how lower rated QBís went high last year can propel the strong armed Foles into the top half.
13. Tampa Bay Bucs CB Jayron Hosley
- Barber canít play forever and Talibís future is in the air leaving huge holes at CB, despite his size he hits hard, and covers tight.
14. Kansas City Chiefs OLB *Donte Paige-Moss
- They need an answer opposite of Hali, Houston has looked unmotivated and out of shape
15. Minnesota Vikings DT Jerel Worthy
- Worthy is good value here and the Vikings need to pair somebody next to Kevin Williams
16. Detroit Lions OT Riley Reiff
- Backus cannot play forever and Reiff has great pedigree
17. St Louis Rams RB Trent Richards
- Stevan Jackson is starting the downward trend of RBís and can split with Richards until he is ready full time
18. New York Giants OT Bob Massie
- Massie can challenge either whimper or McKenzie for starting position immediately
19. Chicago Bears C Mike Brewster
- The continuation of rebuilding the O-Line, Brewster should be a stalwart along the front for a decade
20. New York Jets WR Malcolm Floyd
- Plax isnít the long term solution and Floyd can eventually replace him
21. Dallas Cowboys CB Alfonzo Dennard
- They didnít address the problem this past draft so they will in the upcoming draft
22. Arizona Cardinals OLB Courtney Upshaw
- Upshaw is the big OLB Arizona has been looking for who can defend the run and rush the passer
23. Baltimore Ravens MLB Manti Teío
- Teío is the heir apparent to Ray Lewis
24. Indianapolis Colts WR Jeff Fuller
- Reggie Wayne is getting older and is a FA
25. Houston Texans DE Jared Crick
- Crick will eventually replace Smith and bookend with Watts to form quite the tandem
26. San Diego Chargers OLB Bruce Irvin
- Undersized but at times unstoppable, they washed their hands with former bust English
27. New England Patriots DT Marcus Forston
- Haynesworth is on a 1 year deal, Wright canít stay healthyÖFortson brings some long term capability playing next to Wilfork
28. Pittsburgh Steelers OG Cordy Glenn
- Big Cordy can start at OG immediately for the thin OL of Pittsburgh
29. Cleveland Browns DE Devin Taylor
- Needs to bulk up but has high upside as a nickel rusher as Browns continue to build their defense
30. Philadelphia Eagles LB Luke Kuechly
- Active LB should fit right in and compete for all 3 spots
31. Green Bay Packers OLB Brandon Jenkins
- They a trio of no-names playing opposite Clay
32. New England Patriots S Robert Lester
- Merriweather is gone, Lester is more disciplined and fundamentally sound

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Not a Fan of Couples but the Bengals do need another DE.

DiG
08-23-2011, 04:19 PM
can't see the skins finishing last this year if im being completely honest but id love to land luck. and it looks like you have us trading up for him which id be fine with.

Unbiased
08-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Whimper doesn't play for the G Men any more.

vidae
08-23-2011, 05:55 PM
OLB isn't a need for the Chiefs. And the Houston that you claim look "unmotivated and out of shape" had two sacks and multiple QB pressures on friday.

Hurricanes25
08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
20. New York Jets WR Malcolm Floyd
- Plax isnít the long term solution and Floyd can eventually replace him

I'm assuming you mean Michael Floyd and it's a pretty good pick. I would prefer a passrusher like Upshaw but Floyd is fine.

As of right now, I would say the Jets biggest 1st round needs are OLB, WR, and FS.

jrdrylie
08-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Here we go again with people who don't pay nearly enough attention to GMs. Last year, people continually mocked Ryan Mallett to the Jaguars, despite his character issues. This year, all I see is Blackmon-to-Jacksonville. He has a DUI. It's not going to happen. Gene Smith has made it his mission to rid his locker room of guys with character and ego problems.

RWills
08-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Whimper doesn't play for the G Men any more.

Yoour right, I meant the other athletic unestablished draft pick Beatty

RWills
08-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Here we go again with people who don't pay nearly enough attention to GMs. Last year, people continually mocked Ryan Mallett to the Jaguars, despite his character issues. This year, all I see is Blackmon-to-Jacksonville. He has a DUI. It's not going to happen. Gene Smith has made it his mission to rid his locker room of guys with character and ego problems.

Thats a good point and something I overlooked

RWills
08-23-2011, 10:12 PM
OLB isn't a need for the Chiefs. And the Houston that you claim look "unmotivated and out of shape" had two sacks and multiple QB pressures on friday.

We will see, he fell to the third for a reason and its only pre-season, reminds me of another Georgia DE to OLB Quentin Moses

RWills
08-23-2011, 10:14 PM
BTW I find this a VERY water down draft in talent, especially at DE, who knows will see in 4 months. Call me a psychic but I see the Pats trading away a first.

vidae
08-24-2011, 01:59 AM
We will see, he fell to the third for a reason and its only pre-season, reminds me of another Georgia DE to OLB Quentin Moses

He fell to the third round because of a failed drug test at the combine. Stupid? Sure. But no one has ever called him lazy.

Razor
08-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Love Lester for the Pats, but I don't like Forston there. We have lots of DTs beyond next year. Devin Taylor would be a better pick, but my guy there is Luke Kuechly. I don't care who we have at LB, if we have a shot at Kuechly we should pull the trigger. The guy is at least as good a prospect as Jerod Mayo, and putting him in the middle with Mayo at WLB would be sexy as hell.

tjsunstein
08-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Any pick for the Packers in the front 7 is OK with me for now. Since it's early.

prock
08-25-2011, 01:45 PM
I do love the value of Worthy, but I think the Vikings have to go offensive line next year. Our line is SOOOOOO bad.