PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 Season

Caulibflower
08-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Two preseason games in, our offense looks like ****. I had much higher hopes with some of the players we have, (Marshawn, Forsett, BMW, Tate, Sidney Rice, Miller, Carlson, Obamanu, Leon Washington) but our O-line has yet to gel (understatement) and Tarvaris isn't getting much of a chance. And he's not really shown much to be optimistic about what he'll do with some protection. But I fear we may still be better than the Cardinals and 49ers, and when you look around the league and see how bad some other teams are looking, (I'm looking at you, Cincinnati) we might be in for yet another high pick, but just low enough to miss on the QB we desperately need. Hope the guys can pull it together, but the preseason has been discouraging so far for me.

Babylon
08-29-2011, 12:24 AM
The offensive line looks atrocius from what i've seen. Carpenter looks about like i thought he would but in his defense he is a rookie. They are going to have to keep it on the ground and when they do throw it get rid of it in a hurry. They made that Denver front look like the second coming of the Steel Curtain or the Purple people eaters. (just insert your HOF defensive front)

summond822
08-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Honestly I was and still am more concerned about their schedule.

I feel that last year they managed to win despite being a bad team. I feel like they upgraded their talent at every position except QB, and honestly at QB it was probably for the best that Hasselbeck isn't going to be back there this year since his escapability and his recent injuries tell me he wouldn't have lasted very long.

Honestly though this is a team that needs to run the ball. They need to do it well enough that defenses have to respect it and Jackson is going to have to use play action and short passes to be effective. If you want to see how they succeed look at the Rams last year. They made Sam Bradford look like a genius.

Babylon
09-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Well the Rams were 7-9 so not sure i'd use that blueprint for my offense.

As for where they're improved it's a little early to say how much they'll miss Lofa and Jennings and i think the offensive line is borderline scary but i do agree on the QB position.

Caulibflower
09-01-2011, 04:51 PM
No player on Seattle's O-line is playing next to a guy he's played next to before, and that's significant. We can't expect anything other than a learning period. I think we've got some talent on the line, but it's going to take some time for them to play intuitively with each other and be more effective.

gpngc
09-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Our OL looks like absolute ****. And Gallery's hurt I think. Fantastic.

proshoota25
09-10-2011, 11:32 PM
is lynch still starting for you guys? i know hes been dealing with a bad ankle in preseason... but is he still gunna get the majority of the snaps?

gpngc
09-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Yes he's starting.

Majority of snaps? Can't see it considering:

A) he'll likely have about 15 yards on his first 5 carries.

B) we'll likely be down three scores in the second quarter, forcing us to pass.

I'd expect Leon Washington and Forsett to combine for more snaps than Lynch. Our line is horrendous. I'm not even sure Gallery is starting.

If this is a FF question - stay away from Lynch.

proshoota25
09-10-2011, 11:37 PM
Yes he's starting.

Majority of snaps? Can't see it considering:

A) he'll likely have about 15 yards on his first 5 carries.

B) we'll likely be down three scores in the second quarter, forcing us to pass.

I'd expect Leon Washington and Forsett to combine for more snaps than Lynch. Our line is horrendous. I'm not even sure Gallery is starting.

If this is a FF question - stay away from Lynch.

haha yeah it is. i appreciate the quick response. i took on lynch in a part of a trade in which i got desean jackson and upgraded my kicker. details: felix jones, kenny britt, and rob bironas for desean jackson, lynch, and neil rackers. i desperately needed a #1 WR since i already have darren mcfadden and michael turner on my roster.

Caulibflower
09-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Wish Tarvaris would attempt a pass over ten yards.

gpngc
09-29-2011, 12:31 AM
Glad to see everyone here is pumped after a big division W!

Seriously, we could win this division again...

Our defense is actually pretty ******* good haha I'm not even joking.

summond822
09-30-2011, 06:14 PM
I will never root for the Seahawks to lose the game during the game...but before and after...I'm all for them losing. Mainly because I really really really (missing a lot of really's, but w/e) want Andrew Luck. And every game we win takes us farther from him :(

But yeah, our defense is really good. Now if the offense/ST let them start with good field position and keep them off the field for any length of time, they could be an elite defense. Makes me really excited about the future.

But that offense...

Caulibflower
10-02-2011, 06:29 PM
What the HELL was that at the end of the game? With a timeout and 14 seconds, how the hell does Pete Carroll, on 3rd down, not try to get closer than 61 yards? So ******* terrible. That's...borderline fireable, to me.

gpngc
10-02-2011, 11:49 PM
It was fourth down.

I'm pissed with the loss, and I'm starting to wonder what we'd look like with Hasselbeck. But T-Jack isn't even playing that poorly. We showed a lot of fight today. We're going to be tough to beat at home.

Caulibflower
10-03-2011, 01:31 AM
...so it was. Man, I guess I must not've been paying close enough attention; the last thing I saw was 3-8, and then they were kicking, so I thought they were pulling some kind of, "Well, if it's a bad snap we'll kick it again," or something, which makes no sense in that situation and...apparently wasn't the case. Therefore, my post is mostly pointless, except that it's frustrating to be close.

summond822
10-03-2011, 05:37 PM
What was more frustrating was the false start penalty by Sidney Rice...

He might have made a 56-yarder, but 61...

NY+Giants=NYG
10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Are there still Seattle fans in here or have you guys gone away somewhere? Just wanted to say hello, and hope we have a good game with no injuries. I thought you guys would beat Atlanta.

summond822
10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
We are still here. We just lurk quietly in the shadows for now.

Good luck this weekend, and yeah, hopefully no significant injuries happen this weekend.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-07-2011, 11:48 AM
We are still here. We just lurk quietly in the shadows for now.

Good luck this weekend, and yeah, hopefully no significant injuries happen this weekend.

Yeah I was wondering because I post on scout.com seattle forum, and it looks like a ghost town there. You're fan base disappeared! lol.

Caulibflower
10-07-2011, 02:07 PM
not a whole lot to be excited about. We've had like... 3 plays over 20 yards all year. I don't even know, and I'm not going to look it up. Anyone hear anything about Deon Butler's recovery? Is he on the PUP list?

Caulibflower
10-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Wait a minute, do we have a good defense?

summond822
10-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Run defense: Definitely
Pass defense: Still deciding

But man they made some big plays today.

Cicero
10-09-2011, 11:05 PM
Wait a minute, do we have a good defense?

Our D-line has been absolutely amazing this year, in pass rush and against the run.

gpngc
10-09-2011, 11:30 PM
I was at the game and met John Moffit's parents today. Chatted with them for a good half hour.

Then we dominated both lines of scrimmage. Both QBs played well.

Honestly, the Giants got a lot of lucky breaks and were lucky to even be in the game.

******* awesome.

summond822
10-12-2011, 04:21 PM
We just traded Aaron Curry to the Raiders for a 2012 7th and a conditional 2013 mid-round pick.

I didn't know that we had the depth at LB to be able to afford this, what with signing guys off the street (Vobora) and calling guys off the practice squad (Konz who also went down last week).

EDIT: Unsure about the draft choices. Just know we got one this year and one next year for sure. They could both be conditional.

Caulibflower
12-24-2011, 06:03 PM
....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah!

Caulibflower
12-24-2011, 06:23 PM
Dammit, Tarvaris.

Caulibflower
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Welp. In pretty good position to land a QB now.

gpngc
01-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Yea the #3 or #4 QB. Jones or Tanny. I don't want.

******* Barkley screwed us. It's RG3 or bust for me. Unless there's some way Peyton Manning becomes available.

I'd also rather have Matt Flynn than Jones or Tanny. I need to see more Foles and Lindley also...

summond822
01-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Seriously it's either trade up for RG3 or don't touch a QB until later.

Jones & Tannehill have major red flags for me to even be considering touching them in the 2nd round, let alone the 1st.

Jones for mobility and being super over rated.

Tannehill for being where Locker was as a sophomore and his team's meltdowns in the 4th quarter. Meaning they draft him he's 3-4 years away from starting, not 1-2.

Cicero
01-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Yea the #3 or #4 QB. Jones or Tanny. I don't want.

******* Barkley screwed us. It's RG3 or bust for me. Unless there's some way Peyton Manning becomes available.

I'd also rather have Matt Flynn than Jones or Tanny. I need to see more Foles and Lindley also...

Seriously it's either trade up for RG3 or don't touch a QB until later.

Jones & Tannehill have major red flags for me to even be considering touching them in the 2nd round, let alone the 1st.

Jones for mobility and being super over rated.

Tannehill for being where Locker was as a sophomore and his team's meltdowns in the 4th quarter. Meaning they draft him he's 3-4 years away from starting, not 1-2.

As much as I would love for this happen, I don't think there's any realistic scenario that we end up landing RG3. Looks like another year with T-Jack for us.

Caulibflower
01-03-2012, 04:44 PM
I've got to think Seattle's going to be the best-looking landing spot for Flynn. Everything else is in place to be a good team.

UZIwE4xk6Gw

Throw-by-throw.

0:01 - No one within 10 yards of Donald Driver.

0:14 - quick hitch to Jordy Nelson, who stiffarms a Lion and runs into the endzone. That was all Jordy.

0:25 - dumps off a screen to Ryan Grant that goes for 80 yards and a TD. All Flynn had to do was not mess it up.

0:42 - good throw to Jordy, but the Lions DB just didn't know where the ball was.

1:06 - another good throw to Nelson.

1:34 - quick throw over the middle to Donald Driver, who scores because the defense is out of position.

2:12 - best throw of the night so far.

2:41 - Finley gets inside, the ball gets out quick, TD.

Fantastic game, obviously, but as good as Flynn looked... the Lions defense looked terrible. The throw at 2:12 is the one that stands out to me. It's hard for me to say I want a guy based on one game, but there's no denying this was a pretty incredible showing.

gpngc
01-03-2012, 05:46 PM
^He also played very well against New England on the road last year in his only start.

I wonder how he's looked in preseason/at practices.

I'm also wary of the Andy Reid factor as I suspect Mike McCarthy gets the absolute most out of his QBs - he seems to me to be one of the best offensive coaches of this era and a legitimate guru. They are also an organization that would be very careful not to give up a valuable piece to a conference up-and-comer without getting either a ******** in return or secretly thinking they may "Kolb" us.

I also don't ever remember thinking "NFL QB" when he was at LSU but that was so long ago, he was a different player, in a different system, with a different role entirely, etc.

Those are my reservations but it's hard not to be on board with dealing for/signing this guy based on what he's shown in game situations in conjunction with the fact that we may not have any other options to upgrade the position.

summond822
01-05-2012, 07:19 PM
There are two things that concern me about Flynn. The first is that it is going to take Kolb type money ($60 mil, $20 mil guaranteed iirc) to even get him to consider. And the second is that he's only started 2 games.

Now if they do sign him and he turns out to be a franchise guy? Great! Worth every penny. But I can't help but wonder how much of it is the scheme at GB and how much is him.

asdf1223
01-05-2012, 07:31 PM
If there's anyone who can make an informed decision on Flynn, its probably our FO. If they do sign him, I'll have to trust their judgement.

Caulibflower
01-06-2012, 08:00 PM
What do you guys think of re-signing Marshawn? I love him as a player, but what's your feeling on the front office and what's available in this draft? I'd like to see him on the team next year, but this looks like a really deep running back class to me and I think there's 6-8 guys who could go in the 2nd-3rd rounds and start for teams. I really like Doug Martin. Chris Polk is pretty high on my list, too, and both of those guys can run with some power and do some of the things Marshawn does. Doug Martin in particular can do a little "Beast Mode." He's a player I'd like to see in a Seahawks uniform, but I'm not sure it's enough of a need for it to happen. Although we really don't have much beyond Marshawn, and it might not be a bad idea to pick up a guy to give him breathers. I'd be perfectly alright with taking Doug Martin in the 3rd, but I have a feeling he might not last that long if he does well at the combine and Senior Bowl.

summond822
01-07-2012, 12:19 PM
From the highlights of Martin it looks like he has good speed, good vision, and an ability to make plays in space. He will probably be pushed down draft boards because of the competition he played unless he tests really well at the combine/Senior Bowl (I am assuming he got invited). If he does that I could see him getting picked in the 2nd.

As for Polk. Dude does it all. I never really thought of him as a break away back, but several times this year he just ran away from defenders. He also showed that he is a complete back. The thing that has always amazed me with Polk is how he can run so physical and still avoid taking big shots.

Resigning Lynch is probably priority, but pairing a back similar to him that they could use to lessen the pounding he takes would be great. I mean they already have a scat back in Washington, so I think they should go for one of these bigger more physical backs.

gpngc
01-11-2012, 12:58 AM
What do you guys think of re-signing Marshawn? I love him as a player, but what's your feeling on the front office and what's available in this draft? I'd like to see him on the team next year, but this looks like a really deep running back class to me and I think there's 6-8 guys who could go in the 2nd-3rd rounds and start for teams. I really like Doug Martin. Chris Polk is pretty high on my list, too, and both of those guys can run with some power and do some of the things Marshawn does. Doug Martin in particular can do a little "Beast Mode." He's a player I'd like to see in a Seahawks uniform, but I'm not sure it's enough of a need for it to happen. Although we really don't have much beyond Marshawn, and it might not be a bad idea to pick up a guy to give him breathers. I'd be perfectly alright with taking Doug Martin in the 3rd, but I have a feeling he might not last that long if he does well at the combine and Senior Bowl.

We are going to overpay, but there is no way we can let him walk. I just hope he doesn't ask for DeAngelo money.

We have the space to sign him, and as long as it's not a ridiculous contract, I'd be happy to give him a 3-4 year deal. Normally I would be against paying a 25-year old RB with a lot of mileage but what he's done for this team makes it a unique situation. And the fans would riot if we didn't bring him back.

DeAngelo got 5 years for $43 million with 21 guaranteed.

I'm sure Lynch's agent is going to start with that so unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to retain him for that much less. He really was amazing this season.

Maybe 4 years for 30ish? It's a lot, but that would be my guess...

martino_cappachino
02-02-2012, 03:34 PM
We are going to overpay, but there is no way we can let him walk. I just hope he doesn't ask for DeAngelo money.

We have the space to sign him, and as long as it's not a ridiculous contract, I'd be happy to give him a 3-4 year deal. Normally I would be against paying a 25-year old RB with a lot of mileage but what he's done for this team makes it a unique situation. And the fans would riot if we didn't bring him back.

DeAngelo got 5 years for $43 million with 21 guaranteed.

I'm sure Lynch's agent is going to start with that so unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to retain him for that much less. He really was amazing this season.

Maybe 4 years for 30ish? It's a lot, but that would be my guess...

I've heard casually from a lady, that supposedly lives in the same apartment complex Marshawn uses when he's in Seattle, that Marshawn 'definitely' wants to stay in Seattle, and resign with the Seahawks. I forget the contract specifics she mentioned casually, but I do remember her saying something along the lines of an $18 million signing bonus... not sure what that would equate to in relation to the rest of the contract. I was just glad to hear he wanted to stay...

... It was funny, after she mentioned the stuff about Marshawn, her friend took her around the corner, and sort of quietly reprimanded her for saying anything...

gpngc
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I've heard casually from a lady, that supposedly lives in the same apartment complex Marshawn uses when he's in Seattle, that Marshawn 'definitely' wants to stay in Seattle, and resign with the Seahawks. I forget the contract specifics she mentioned casually, but I do remember her saying something along the lines of an $18 million signing bonus... not sure what that would equate to in relation to the rest of the contract. I was just glad to hear he wanted to stay...

... It was funny, after she mentioned the stuff about Marshawn, her friend took her around the corner, and sort of quietly reprimanded her for saying anything...

I believe all of that. But I doubt the Seahawks want to pay him DeAngelo money (18 guaranteed). We may actually franchise him (# would be about 8.3 I believe - not terrible).

I wouldn't be adverse to franchising him but I really hope he wouldn't hold out if we did...

Caulibflower
02-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Man, I would really like to see a Marshawn/Doug Martin backfield.

martino_cappachino
02-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I believe all of that. But I doubt the Seahawks want to pay him DeAngelo money (18 guaranteed). We may actually franchise him (# would be about 8.3 I believe - not terrible).

I wouldn't be adverse to franchising him but I really hope he wouldn't hold out if we did...

True, the Hawks do have a lot of free agents we should think about resigning (18 total free agents.. 5 or 6 I think we should resign), and it's always difficult to calculate exactly how much cap space the team might have. But I would like to resign Red Bryant and Lynch the most. Lynch, because he is the nearest thing the franchise has to a player the average fan can look up to... I.E. face player. Bryant, because it can be difficult to acquire talent on the interior of the line. I'm not opposed to giving Lynch the franchise tag. But for his age, 26 at the start of next season, and given his penchant to produce despite a career of ever-altering o-lines, coaches and teams, I wouldn't mind shelling out a little extra money for a 4-5 year contract 43 million contract. I only support this option though, if we cannot find a more long term answer at QB (not named Peyton Manning). Lynch isn't DeAngelo, but he is younger, and I'd like to see what he can do with another 2 or 3 years on this team.

gpngc
02-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Read somewhere that the franchise # for RBs is just 7.7 million. If Lynch is willing to take that, it would be great because we wouldn't to worry about a down year after a fat contract... And 7.7 is not bad at all.

Caulibflower
02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Read somewhere that the franchise # for RBs is just 7.7 million. If Lynch is willing to take that, it would be great because we wouldn't to worry about a down year after a fat contract... And 7.7 is not bad at all.

I am looking forward to seeing what that young line can do after a year of offseason working together and getting healthy.