View Full Version : Rant about the Colts
08-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Who the hell is running this team? You've got Chris Polian who presides over the first good draft since 2006, but he seems on a short leash because Bill is still talking to the media saying dumb BS like he always does. And then there's Irsay whose high-as-a-kite tweeting has been ridiculous even for him.
They wait til week 3 of the preseason to bring in a vet? Really? What finally tipped these jokers off that Painter couldn't back up a truck much less Peyton Manning? So instead of a full TC and 4 preseason games we're giving 38 year old Kerry Collins 2 weeks to acclimate into our system and there's still no word whether or not Manning will be able to start the season.
I have no interest in a 5-11 or 6-10 season. If Manning can't play, IR him and tank. At least we can get Andrew Luck and groom him for 2 years behind Manning. If Manning's neck is this bad there's no way he plays to age 40.
09-19-2011, 12:39 AM
I wish I hadn't said "tank". So far the last 2 Sundays I have watched every minute and I wanted them to win.
Unfortunately this team doesn't have to "tank" because trying hard, like they seemed to do today, doesn't matter. This team just isn't very good. IMO the only true self-made stars on this team are Freeney and Bethea. Wayne and Clark are good players but would not be household names without Manning throwing to them for years. Mathis disappears without Freeney. Addai is underrated but not a top 10 back. I like the rookies but they're unproven.
Just not much talent and zero depth on this team. Bad roster management by Bill Polian. Just retire already and let your son do his job.
I should rename this thread to "The Official killxswitch personal rant thread." ;)
09-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Feel free. I have a lot to say.
09-20-2011, 10:42 PM
If this is my rant thread then I'm going to list every single stupid thing I can think of that has brought this franchise to its current state.
I'll start with OL because I don't think I can make it through the whole list at one time.
- Cutting Ryan Lilja after the 09 season
- Bringing in Andy Alleman and Adam Terry to "bolster" the OL after cutting Lilja. Both were cut before the season started.
- Cutting Kyle Devan (starting for the Eagles now) instead of the worthless Mike Pollak and the even more worthless Jamey Richard (who has now also been cut for some guard Denver cut).
- Cutting Jacques McClendon, Mike Tepper, and Jake Kirkpatrick instead of the worthless Mike Pollak and the even more worthless Jamey Richard.
- Trading a 1st and 3rd round pick to take Tony Ugoh, then waiting too long to cut his worthless carcass. During this time Bill Polian said Ugoh was better than D'Brickashaw Ferguson. LOL.
- Taking 3 guards in the 08 draft as a way to "bolster" the OL. 2/3 are gone and the 3rd is worthless
- Not even calling Charlie Johnson during the '11 offseason, even after Manning took less money and specifically mentioned him as someone to retain with the money.
- Starting Jeff Linkenbach twice in a row at RT this year when a rookie they traded up to get, Ben Ijalana, sits on the bench waiting for a shot.
- Running off Howard Mudd
You could have started with not resigning Jake Scott and ended with giving Saturday an extension and resigning Diem.
The trade for Ugoh actually might have ended Glenn's career prematurely. I think he saw the writing on the wall and decided to go out on his own terms.
09-21-2011, 08:53 AM
Those are also good points Max. Though signing Diem to a lesser contract to play guard to me was not that bad. Picking Scott over Lilja, only to see Lilja go on IR, was very frustrating. I was also disappointed when they re-signed Saturday. I like him but he has not really been a good center since 2007.
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.