PDA

View Full Version : New Ravens Mock

dcarey20
03-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Here's my new Ravens mock, with compensational picks as predicted by AdamJT13

1st round: Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia

Charles Johnson is one of my favorite players in this draft. Not many Ravens fans have been talking about him, because up until now, it hasn't looked like we would have a chance at him. He was being put in the top 15 of some mocks, and rightfully so in my opinon. But for some reason it seems his stock has slipped a bit. I have him as the #4 defensive end in this draft and in the 15-18 range on my board. I think he's going to be a great player. He could be the successor to Trevor Pryce, and while Pryce is here, he would provide good depth and be a great situational player. He could even play a bit of outside linebacker for us.

2nd round: James Marten, OT, Boston College

I feel Marten is a pretty underrated player. He doesn't get talked about at all but I feel he's one of the top 5 offensive tackles in the draft. He'd give us some much needed depth at OT.

4th round(comp): Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama

Another player that I really like. He's a bruiser which is exactly what we like and he would give Justin Green some good competition for the starting job.

5th round: Chansi Stuckey, WR, Clemson

Some team will get a steal with Chansi Stuckey on draft day. Hopefully that team is the Ravens. With a dissapointing 4.6, he will obviously be a day 2 pick, and could fall into the later rounds. But anyone who has seen him play knows that he plays much faster than a 4.6 40. He looks like a 4.3-4.4 guy on the field. He could be a good weapon that can be utilized in a variety of ways.

5th round(comp): Keith Jackson, DT, Arkansas

Jackson is undersized, but he has good athleticism and he produced in a great conference. With the loss of Aubrayo Franklin, we could use another DT to rotate in with Justin Bannan.

6th round(comp): Tyler Palko, QB, Pittsburgh

We showed some interest in Palko at the Senior Bowl, and he'd be a really good fit for us. He won't "wow" with physical abilities, but he has pretty good accuracy and can make alot of throws. He'd challenge Drew Olsen to be the 3rd QB.

6th round(comp): Oscar Lua, ILB, USC

We need some depth behind Ray. Lua is a solid tackler with decent size, and he played against great competition.

7th round: Willie Gaston, CB, Houston

Gaston has got some good raw talent but he is inexpierienced. We have some need at CB but as a 7th rounder, Gaston would probably be a long shot to make the team, considering we have 7 corners right now, and 4 of them (David Pittman, Derrick Martin, Ronnie Prude, and Evan Oglesby) are pretty young.

Ravens1991
03-24-2007, 11:13 PM
I would prefer a 3-4 4-3 DE tweener not a 3-4 OLB 4-3 DE,but Johnson would be a good pick up.

BigDawg819
03-25-2007, 12:29 AM
Well the 4th round comp pick would be a waste since McClain's stock isn't that high and he will probably fall later if not undrafted. Not to mention where are the regular 6th round pick and I thought we traded our 7th round pick to Buffalo?

dcarey20
03-25-2007, 09:54 AM
yes the mcclain pick is a reach, i just want to make sure we got him. plus we have shown in the past that we aren't afraid to spend some high picks on fullbacks. (ovie in the 4th, justin in the 5th)

and my bad on the 6th rounder. i messed up i thought we gave buffalo a 6th not a 7th

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I dont think Fullback will be a huge need this offseason and i would rather us take a DB.

BigDawg819
03-25-2007, 02:23 PM
yes the mcclain pick is a reach, i just want to make sure we got him. plus we have shown in the past that we aren't afraid to spend some high picks on fullbacks. (ovie in the 4th, justin in the 5th)

and my bad on the 6th rounder. i messed up i thought we gave buffalo a 6th not a 7th

Ah the typical thinking that allows teams to have draft busts, reaching on picks for so-called need! I'm glad you want the Ravens to join that club..........

Bohleive
03-25-2007, 06:22 PM
I like it, especially marten in the second. I want that pick more than any other i can think of at this point.

bennybee38
03-31-2007, 10:36 AM
how about this mock?...

1st round: Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

2nd round: DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC State

4th round(comp): Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston

5th round: Brian Robinson, OLB, Texas

5th round(comp): DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa State

6th round(comp): Mike Jones, OG, Iowa

6th round(comp): Leonard Peters, S, Hawaii

7th round: Thaddaeus Washington, ILB, Colorado

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 12:06 PM
how about this mock?...

1st round: Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

2nd round: DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC State

4th round(comp): Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston

5th round: Brian Robinson, OLB, Texas

5th round(comp): DeAndre Jackson, CB, Iowa State

6th round(comp): Mike Jones, OG, Iowa

6th round(comp): Leonard Peters, S, Hawaii

7th round: Thaddaeus Washington, ILB, Colorado

I don't like the Kolb pick, same college as Andre Ware and David Klinger, and not to mention you left of a 4th round compensation pick and we lost our 7th in the Willis McGahee trade. BUt Brian Robinson in the 5th would be a steal, but I don't see him falling that far.

Ravens1991
03-31-2007, 12:13 PM
who cares what other draft players came fom that school as long as they are not system players. I am not sure if Houston changed coaches by then, but if you went by the school theory then all penn state RB will do bad.

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 12:24 PM
who cares what other draft players came fom that school as long as they are not system players. I am not sure if Houston changed coaches by then, but if you went by the school theory then all penn state RB will do bad.

Other then Larry Johnson, the stigma about Penn State running packs is true! :D Besides, Houston is a top notch program that faces great defenses it is all a product of the system. Why do you think year after year Texas Tech QB's light up the Big 12 and yet year after year their QB's don't get draft? Timmy Chang from Hawaii had one of the greatest careers in NCAA history for a QB yet he's not playing in the NFL, why because it was all the system. Kevin Kolb is a product of that system and will not be a good NFL QB and that is why I don't like the pick nor want him on this team.

Ravens1991
03-31-2007, 12:25 PM
I understand about Systems and all, but Kolb has physical tools to do well in the NFL. I guess it really depends on how Billick thinks if he can handle a pro offense.

BigDawg819
03-31-2007, 12:32 PM
I understand about Systems and all, but Kolb has physical tools to do well in the NFL. I guess it really depends on how Billick thinks if he can handle a pro offense.

You mean like San Diego thought Ryan Leaf had the physical tools to do well in the NFL? Kolb is not worth the time, effort, money or draft pick.