PDA

View Full Version : Mock: 2012 NFL Draft

Ozzy
08-26-2011, 09:15 PM
This is super early but is fun to do anyways. The order is projected as are the potential underclassmen that might come out early for the draft.

1) Bengals- Andrew Luck QB Stanford RS JR
2) Bills- Matt Kalil OT USC RS JR
3) Jaguars- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina JR
4) Panthers- Jared Crick DT Nebraska SR
5) Oakland- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State RS SOPH
6) Miami- Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State JR
7) Denver- Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina JR
8) Cleveland- Quentin Coples DE UNC SR
9) Tennessee- Manti Teo ILB Notre Dame JR
10) 49ers – Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia SR
11) Detroit- Riley Reiff OT Iowa RS JR
12) Minnesota- Cordy Glenn OT Georgia SR
13) St. Louis- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame SR
14) Seattle- Matt Barkley QB USC JR
15) Washington- Kelechi Osemele OT Iowa State SR
16) Chiefs- Trent Richardson RB Alabama JR
17) Dallas- Mark Barron S Alabama SR
18) Arizona- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama JR
19) Colts- Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M SR
20) Houston- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State SR
21) Tampa Bay- Kenny Tate OLB Maryland SR
22) Chicago- David DeCastro OG Stanford JR
23) New England- Donte Paige-Moss DE UNC JR
24) Jets- Dont’a Hightower OLB Alabama SR
25) Cleveland- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State RS JR
26) Giants- Jayron Hosley CB Virgina Tech JR
27) Eagles- Luke Kuechly OLB Boston College JR
28) Ravens- Devin Taylor DE South Carolina JR
29) Pittsburgh- Alphonzo Dennard CB Nebraska SR
30) San Diego- Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State JR
31) New England- Nate Potter OT Boise State SR
32) Green Bay- LaMichael James RB Oregon JR

Players that just missed the cut but could easily be in the 1st round depending on how things fall.

Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M SR
Vinny Curry OLB Marshall SR
Greg Reid CB Florida State JR
Robert Lester S Alabama JR
Cliff Harris CB Oregon JR
Michael Egnew TE Missouri SR
Dwayne Allen TE Clemson JR
Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama SR
Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma SR
Mike Martin DT Michigan SR
George Iloka S Boise State SR
Tdreke Powell DT UNC SR
Kyle Wilber OLB Wake Forest RS SR
Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington SR
Kheeston Randall DT Texas SR
Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College SR

Players I have as potential players that might return to school for their senior year, based mainly on competition at their position and increasing ones ranking by waiting possibly.
Landry Jones QB Oklahoma JR
Morris Claiborne CB LSU JR
Peter Konz C Wisconsin RS JR
Ruben Randle WR LSU JR
Nick Perry DE USC RS JR
Orson Charles TE Georgia JR
Michael Mauti OLB Penn State JR
TJ McDonald S USC JR
Jonathan Martin OT Stanford JR
Nick Moody S Florida State JR

OSUGiants17
08-26-2011, 09:22 PM
CB in round 1 again? We have T2, C-Web, Ross, Prince, Johnson and 3 young safeties. Give us Kuechley

Ozzy
08-26-2011, 09:34 PM
CB in round 1 again? We have T2, C-Web, Ross, Prince, Johnson and 3 young safeties. Give us KuechleyThat is true, but who knows how Thomas will come back off that ACL, Prince will be good that is true. Web is ok but is getting up there in age and Bruce Johnson not a huge fan. Is hard to pick a position of need at this point for that team because they are so deep at all positions. Could easily go with Devin Taylor if he is around, or an offensive lineman but not a huge Matt Reynolds or Nate Potter fan, good guys but not sure they are Giants lineman, plus they already have projects to work with in Brewer and King. I think some ball hawk playmaker would be a good addition to a generally tough physical defensive backfield that are not always ball hawks.

Unbiased
08-26-2011, 10:08 PM
I don't get why Miami wouldn't take a QB if they're picking 6th and also considering Barkley is still on the board.

AntoinCD
08-26-2011, 10:21 PM
The Patriots have virtually zero need for an OT. Solder and Vollmer should be the starting pair for the next decade. Robert Lester would be a good pick at the end of the first if they decide to cut ties with Merriweather.

Paige-Moss is intriguing and would offer a great threat at RE who could also stand up in 34 and other sub packages.

shylo3716
08-26-2011, 10:27 PM
This is super early but is fun to do anyways. The order is projected as are the potential underclassmen that might come out early for the draft.

5) Oakland- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State RS SOPH

Best projection I have seen yet!!!! I will not take him away from the projection all season long.

vidae
08-26-2011, 10:54 PM
I actually really like the Trent Richardson pick for KC. Teaming him up with Charles could be deadly. Hopefully by that time Thomas Jones is cut too.

Ozzy
08-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Unbiased I don't get why Miami wouldn't take a QB if they're picking 6th and also considering Barkley is still on the board.Dolphin fans sure had Henne huh. Barkley would be an option for them, I think Henne turns it around a plays ok for them this season, I still like him as a prospect, even though a lot of other people do not. That linebacking core is getting old and that defense is missing something, I think Burfict would be a great pickup for them to make that defense really elite.

AntoinCD The Patriots have virtually zero need for an OT. Solder and Vollmer should be the starting pair for the next decade. Robert Lester would be a good pick at the end of the first if they decide to cut ties with Merriweather.That is possible, Lester would be good or Iloka, but really does depend on what they do with Merriweather. Second look that safety group is not that strong really, that is correct. Could also go with Mike Martin possibly or get a corner like Cliff Harris or Greg Reid.

prock
08-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Isn't Cordy Glenn more of a guard? I love the pick either way.

Razor
08-27-2011, 08:45 AM
The Patriots have virtually zero need for an OT. Solder and Vollmer should be the starting pair for the next decade. Robert Lester would be a good pick at the end of the first if they decide to cut ties with Merriweather.

Paige-Moss is intriguing and would offer a great threat at RE who could also stand up in 34 and other sub packages.

This, only I want Jeff Fuller instead of Lester in this scenario. Also, we have no need for a corner what so ever. Bodden still has three years left, McCourty looks like the real deal and we just drafted Ras-I Dowling. Add to that Kyle Arrington, Darius Butler and Jonathan Wilhite. We're set at CB.

Matthew Jones
08-27-2011, 09:01 AM
Jeff Fuller should be in the first round, no question. I would be excited about Paige-Moss but would probably prefer Devin Taylor since he's a little bit taller and has more coverage experience. Nate Potter doesn't work either - the Patriots have Nate Solder and Sebastian Vollmer as their long-term tackles. Logan Mankins is entrenched at LG, and although RG could potentially use an upgrade, I think there are better directions the team could go in. Keep in mind Marcus Cannon could be an option for the RG spot. Mike Brewster would be perfect - C is the biggest need on offense.

Ozzy
08-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Razor This, only I want Jeff Fuller instead of Lester in this scenario. Also, we have no need for a corner what so ever. Bodden still has three years left, McCourty looks like the real deal and we just drafted Ras-I Dowling. Add to that Kyle Arrington, Darius Butler and Jonathan Wilhite. We're set at CB.You are probably correct on that, Bodden I am not a huge fan of but yes McCourty has ability as does Butler and I Dowling. They do need two of those corners to become consistent star players though and not just talented potential guys, that is for sure. Still there is potentially going to be a lot of value and great corners around with those late 1st round picks. Plus they will trade the pick anyway ;o)

RavenOfProphecy Jeff Fuller should be in the first round, no question. I would be excited about Paige-Moss but would probably prefer Devin Taylor since he's a little bit taller and has more coverage experience. Nate Potter doesn't work either - the Patriots have Nate Solder and Sebastian Vollmer as their long-term tackles. Logan Mankins is entrenched at LG, and although RG could potentially use an upgrade, I think there are better directions the team could go in. Keep in mind Marcus Cannon could be an option for the RG spot. Mike Brewster would be perfect - C is the biggest need on offense.Honestly they really do need a 3/4 OLB pass rusher, sure they have Mark Anderson and Andre Carter but they need a legit 3/4 guy like Thomas, Taylor would be a great pick if he is around. Jeff Fuller I like a lot, but I also like their young receivers in Tate, Edelman and Price. Much less the fact they have those two star young tight ends as well. But that Ochocinco stuff I did not get, wish they would have brought Randy Moss back but he made a mistake and kind of already burned that bridge originally.

Unbiased
08-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Jeffrey is a great pick, btw.

fenikz
08-28-2011, 12:02 AM
While it would of been nice to have DRC & PP, even with losing him CB isn't a huge need, coaches love Toler, Marshall is a good #2 or NB and Jefferson has a ton of upside.

With that said it's probably the best pick in this scenario, all the top ILB & OT gone, DPM would also be a good pick

Ozzy
08-28-2011, 08:49 AM
fenikz While it would of been nice to have DRC & PP, even with losing him CB isn't a huge need, coaches love Toler, Marshall is a good #2 or NB and Jefferson has a ton of upside.

With that said it's probably the best pick in this scenario, all the top ILB & OT gone, DPM would also be a good pickReally, the Cardinals are fine with Toler and Marshall at corner? Jefferson I like as well. Safety for them seems totally fine but not sure they would not mind a top flight corner, and a lot of them will be around.

Offensive tackle could happen but who knows if there will still be a quality one there, Osemele would be ideal. But if him, Reiff and Kalil are gone that kind of messes things up for that. Maybe Matt Reynolds but is a little high for that.

Inside linebacker I would not bother at first, they have good players ind Daryl Washington, Sam Acho, Stewart Bradley, Quan Sturdivant. Not all will play inside but gives them options, but Haggans, Porter and Lenon are getting old...

tjsunstein
08-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Someone recognized Bruce Irvin!

I hate the James pick in the first though. Not a fan of it if it were a second either.

thebow305
08-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Oooooohhhhhhh, Vontaze makes me happy!