PDA

View Full Version : Mock: 2013 NFL Draft

Ozzy
08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
It is super early, and is all total projection at this point, but is still fun to do. The draft order as well as the underclassmen that might could out are projected completely. Not all realities as prospects, but what could be, and some are clearly more safe bets than others, but it is stacking out to be possibly a great group of offensive tackles.

Plus clearly most of this will change with redshirt freshman starting to see action this up coming 2011 season and could be stars come the 2013 draft as underclassmen.

1) Bills- Mike Glennon QB NC State SR
2) Jaguars- Xavier Sua-Filo OT UCLA RS SOPH
3) Bengals- Morgan Moses OT Virginia JR
4) Oakland - Tony Jefferson CB Oklahoma JR
5) Carolina- Robert Woods WR USC JR
6) Washington- Morris Claiborne CB LSU SR
7) Denver- Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina JR
8) Seattle- Seantrel Henderson OT Miami FL JR
9) Cleveland- Tyler Bray QB Tennessee JR
10) Tennessee- Justin Hunter WR Tennessee JR
11) Miami- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma SR
12) 49ers- Ruben Randle WR LSU SR
13) Detroit- William Gholston DE Michigan State JR
14) Minnesota- TJ McDonald FS USC SR
15) Colts- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford SR
16) St. Louis- Devon Kennard ILB USC SR
17) Chicago- Peter Konz C Wisconsin RS SR
18) Chiefs- Branden Smith CB Georgia
19) Arizona - Prince Shembo OLB Notre Dame JR
20) Tampa Bay- D.J. Fluker OT Alabama RS SR
21) Houston - Michael Mauti OLB Penn State SR
22) Dallas- Nick Perry DE USC RS SR
23) Saints- Orson Charles TE Georgia SR
24) Gaints- Travis Bond OG UNC SR
25) Ravens- Nick Moody SS Florida State SR
26) Atlanta- Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami SR
27) Jets- Latavius Murray RB UCF SR
28) Pittsburgh- EJ Manuel QB Florida State SR
29) Eagles- Robert Griffin III WR Baylor SR
30) Green Bay- Patrick Omameh OG Michigan SR
31) Chargers- Jacobbi McDaniel DT Florida State
32) New England Shayne Skov OLB Stanford SR

Players that could easily be in the discussion as well.

Michael Dyer RB Auburn JR
Aaron Murray QB Georgia RS SR
Rashard Hall FS Clemson
Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma
Brandon Washington Miami FL OG Miami FL
Denard Robinson WR Michigan
Micah Hyde CB Iowa
Kniles Davis RB Arkansas RS
Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida
DC Jefferson TE Rutgers
Jim Noel FS Boston College
Russell Shepard WR LSU
TJ Moe WR Missouri
Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
Michael Williams TE Alabama
Walter Stewart OLB Cincinnati RS
D.T. Shackelford OLB Ole Miss
Johnny Adams CB Michigan State
Vaugh Telemaque FS Miami FL
Robert Bolden QB Penn State
Marcus Coker RB Iowa
Andre Williams RB Boston College

shylo3716
08-26-2011, 10:31 PM
It is super early, and is all total projection at this point, but is still fun to do. The draft order as well as the underclassmen that might could out are projected completely. Not all realities as prospects, but what could be, and some are clearly more safe bets than others, but it is stacking out to be possibly a great group of offensive tackles.

Plus clearly most of this will change with redshirt freshman starting to see action this up coming 2011 season and could be stars come the 2013 draft as underclassmen.

29) Eagles- Robert Griffin III WR Baylor SR

Love the pick, but are you sure he gets converted?

vidae
08-26-2011, 10:55 PM
You made a 2012 mock and a 2013 mock and gave us RBs in both drafts. You crazy!

Ozzy
08-27-2011, 07:33 AM
vidae You made a 2012 mock and a 2013 mock and gave us RBs in both drafts. You crazy!I will correct that, I reorder that first mock draft which changed this one but I forgot.

prock
08-27-2011, 08:06 AM
I love the McDonald pick.

Pat Sims 90
08-27-2011, 09:50 AM
If we get Luck in 2012 i doubt we pick in the top 5 let alone top 10 in 2013. Taking a RT with 3rd Overall pick would be a waste. We have capable RTs on the Roster and Andrew Whitworth has locked down the LT spot. Give the Bengals Marcus Lattimore at that point.

Hines
08-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Why would the Steelers take a first round QB?

Ozzy
08-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Hines Why would the Steelers take a first round QB?Potential down the road in 3 or 4 years after 2013. Ben would be getting up there and they might want a project quarterback they can mold for the future. And he fits that big, athletic strong armed quarterback mold pretty well. Could got a lot of ways though obvious, like anyone else.

CJSchneider
08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Not excited about a TE in the first for NO.

Ozzy
08-27-2011, 11:11 AM
CJSchneider Not excited about a TE in the first for NO.Understandable, but in my opinion the Saints are at their best on offense with elite tight ends, when they had Shockey and he was playing hard, they were tough to cover. However Jimmy Graham could be that player for them, so we will see.

JRTPlaya21
08-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Sua-Filo hasn't played a down of football at UCLA...but mk.

Ozzy
08-29-2011, 07:13 AM
JRTPlaya21 Sua-Filo hasn't played a down of football at UCLA...but mk.He played his freshman year and played very well in my opinion. No reason why after his mission he cannot be the same player, it is not like he is coming off an acl injury or something.

CJSchneider
08-29-2011, 07:25 AM
Understandable, but in my opinion the Saints are at their best on offense with elite tight ends, when they had Shockey and he was playing hard, they were tough to cover. However Jimmy Graham could be that player for them, so we will see.

Umm....could?

K Train
08-29-2011, 09:46 AM
EJ manuel....ha you made a funny

shylo3716
08-29-2011, 11:52 AM
EJ manuel....ha you made a funny

You won't be laughing by the end of the 2011-2012 season when he becomes a Heisman candidate & 1st Round projection.

JRTPlaya21
08-29-2011, 11:58 AM
He played his freshman year and played very well in my opinion. No reason why after his mission he cannot be the same player, it is not like he is coming off an acl injury or something.

To each his own then. If Mike Glennon goes #1 I'm gonna be laughing for weeks.

K Train
08-29-2011, 12:53 PM
You won't be laughing by the end of the 2011-2012 season when he becomes a Heisman candidate & 1st Round projection.

no at that point if it was a realisitc pick i would not be laughing, i may very well cry though

redbills
08-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Well looks like a new staff after pick 2 then 1. bye chan & nix.

shylo3716
08-29-2011, 02:51 PM
no at that point if it was a realisitc pick i would not be laughing, i may very well cry though

He is a developmental QB, but you have to look at what he has done when Ponder went down BTW he was the MVP of 1 of their Bowl Games which speaks volumes.

Hines
08-29-2011, 03:16 PM
He is a developmental QB, but you have to look at what he has done when Ponder went down BTW he was the MVP of 1 of their Bowl Games which speaks volumes.

What he is trying to say is that Mannuel is not a bad player, but it's a horrible pick for the Steelers because they will not spend a first round pick on a 1st round QB unless Ben has a serious, serious injury or cheats on his wife for another skank(knock on wood).

shylo3716
08-29-2011, 03:41 PM
What he is trying to say is that Mannuel is not a bad player, but it's a horrible pick for the Steelers because they will not spend a first round pick on a 1st round QB unless Ben has a serious, serious injury or cheats on his wife for another skank(knock on wood).

Haha I get it now, but E.J. would be ideal especially since Batch has been there for 40 years now.

tjsunstein
08-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Tyler Bray over Mike Glennon. That's about the extent of knowledge I have on this draft.

shylo3716
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
9) Cleveland- Tyler Bray QB Tennessee JR
10) Tennessee- Justin Hunter WR Tennessee JR

I most definitely love how the QB/WR tandem of Bray & Hunter both goes in the 1st Round, Top 10 picks at that. Has there been another QB/WR tandem to do so?

If not first time for everything! :D

thebow305
08-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Lol @ Glennon and any OT going ahead of Seantrel.

Landry works for Miami though.

Ozzy
08-29-2011, 09:44 PM
tjsunstein Tyler Bray over Mike Glennon. That's about the extent of knowledge I have on this draft.I had Bray over Glennon but then changed my mind. Bray has all the talent in the world and could be #1, but a tall hyped young QB for the Vols named Erik Ainge had a similar build and a similar game and things did not turn out well for him. Hopefully Bray becomes better in the pocket and not just good at creating plays and throwing on the run.

Glennon has talent and will show it this season, there is a reason that Wilson left.....

thebow305 Lol @ Glennon and any OT going ahead of Seantrel.

Landry works for Miami though.I have seen Seantrel, and he has talent but he is a dog at times, should be in my better shape and should dominate WAY more than he does, hopefully he turns it around with Golden's coaching, but he has to improve that work ethic and his stamina.

K Train
08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
Haha I get it now, but E.J. would be ideal especially since Batch has been there for 40 years now.

i dont want a first round guy to come in with the intentions of being a backup...if we are put into a position to replace roethlisberger, ok...but for a backup im ok with drafting mid round guys (like we did with dixon) and hoping they turn into something or bringing in vets like leftwich.

only way i want a first round QB is if we have to replace ben sooner rather than later though, grooming a primary backup doesnt interest me id much rather look in the 2nd-5th rounds.

also if we need to rplace ben for unforeseen circumstances id imagine we would be picking top ten ish. right now the forseeable needs for the steelers are CB, FS, SS, NT, G, #2TE

YAYareaRB
08-30-2011, 12:58 PM
another WR for the 49ers to NOT throw to

Duffman57
08-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Where the heck would Jaccobie even play with the chargers? He has literally no spot along the 3-4 that he could even attempt to play. I couldn't even begin to imagine what position would be of need in this draft. We like Cam Thomas as our future at NT, and he's looked incredibly good lately. Assuming we get OLB (34), WR, and OL in this draft (considering the uncertainty there is at all those spots, especially). I could see us trying to get a high end S. I have no idea what else we would need, but DEFINITELY not a 6' 290 lb DT (who cant play Nose, or DE with us).

vidae
08-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Not a fan of CB in the first for KC. Depth could be added, but I think ILB and OT (if Gaither doesn't work out) are bigger areas of need.

Ozzy
09-01-2011, 07:48 AM
vidae Not a fan of CB in the first for KC. Depth could be added, but I think ILB and OT (if Gaither doesn't work out) are bigger areas of need.Good point, they already have Arenas who is a potential star, Flowers, Jalil Brown, Donald Washington and Travis Daniels to work with. That is true, but who knows what happens in free agency in the up coming years or trades.

For the offensive line, I think they could look at guys like Fluker if he is still around. Interior guys like Bond also potentially but not sure he should be that high of a pick.

Duffman57 Where the heck would Jaccobie even play with the chargers? He has literally no spot along the 3-4 that he could even attempt to play. I couldn't even begin to imagine what position would be of need in this draft. We like Cam Thomas as our future at NT, and he's looked incredibly good lately. Assuming we get OLB (34), WR, and OL in this draft (considering the uncertainty there is at all those spots, especially). I could see us trying to get a high end S. I have no idea what else we would need, but DEFINITELY not a 6' 290 lb DT (who cant play Nose, or DE with us).So Cam Thomas is going to be their NT for the future. If that is the case then possibly not McDaniel, even though I think he could play a NT position in a 3/4 defense potentially and add depth, just like the Patriots added Ron Brace when they already have the elite 3/4 NT in Vince Wilfork. Safety could work though, getting a player like Rashard Hall would be solid or a corner like Micah Hyde could help.

Ozzy
09-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Changed around my rankings for top 32 prospects potentially for the 2013 draft. Would make another mock but then realized how difficult it is projecting the best and worst teams over that amount of time. Added are prospects like Danny O'Brien at #4, Jarvis Jones #12, Lamar Miller #13, Barkevious Mingo #14, Louis Nix III #16 and Jake Stoneburner #22 among others. Just two weeks in and already a lot of prospects have really started to standout as young players. Heck Jadeveon Clowney of South Carolina as a true freshman might be the best speed pass rusher in college football right now, too bad he is a true freshman.

1) Tyler Bray QB Tennessee JR
2) Xavier Sua-Filo OT UCLA RS SOPH
3) Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina JR
4) Danny O'Brien QB Maryland RS JR
5) Tony Jefferson CB Oklahoma JR
6) Robert Woods WR USC JR
7) Morgan Moses OT Virginia JR
8) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee JR
9) Mike Glennon QB NC State SR
10) Nick Perry DE USC RS SR
11) D.J. Fluker OT Alabama RS SR
12) Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia JR
13) Lamar Miller Miami FL RS JR
14) Barkevious Mingo OLB LSU RS JR
15) Seantrel Henderson OT Miami FL JR
16) Louis Nix III NT Notre Dame RS SOPH
17) Devon Kennard ILB USC SR
18) Cobi Hamilton WR Arkansas SR
19) Nick Moody SS Florida State SR
20) William Gholston DE Michigan State JR
21) Michael Mauti OLB Penn State SR
22) Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State SR
23) Robert Griffin III WR/QB Baylor SR
24) EJ Manuel QB Florida State SR
25) Jacobbi McDaniel DT Florida State
26) Orson Charles TE Georgia SR
27) Travis Bond OG UNC SR
28) Denard Robinson WR Michigan SR
29) Patrick Omameh OG Michigan SR
30) Ray Ray Armstrong SS Miami SR
31) Latavius Murray RB UCF SR
32) Ruben Randle WR LSU SR

Players that could easily be in the discussion as well.

AJ Cann OG South Carolina RS SOPH
Michael Dyer RB Auburn JR
Aaron Murray QB Georgia RS SR
Shayne Skov OLB Stanford SR
Prince Shembo OLB Notre Dame JR
Branden Smith CB Georgia
Rashard Hall FS Clemson
Ronnell Lewis OLB Oklahoma
Brandon Washington Miami FL OG Miami FL
Micah Hyde CB Iowa
Kniles Davis RB Arkansas RS
Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida
DC Jefferson TE Rutgers
TJ Moe WR Missouri
Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
Michael Williams TE Alabama
D.T. Shackelford OLB Ole Miss
Johnny Adams CB Michigan State
Vaugh Telemaque FS Miami FL
Marcus Coker RB Iowa
Andre Williams RB Boston College
Jim Noel FS Boston College

CW11
09-17-2011, 11:03 AM
I definitely like a lot of the names on this list, and many of the rankings. I am intrigued that you have Xavier Sua-Filo ranked so high given his year off last year. Is he playing well this year to live up to such a high billing (especially ahead of guys like Seantrel and Fluker)?

Morgan Moses at LT in interesting - he seems to be more of an NFL guard playing LT for his college team right now (much like Cordy Glenn). I think he is a legitimate first rounder at guard, though.

Also, I'm a sucker for Tyrann Mathieu despite is rather small stature. He is a pure gamer and a first round pick in 2013, in my opinion, of course.

JRTPlaya21
09-18-2011, 06:06 PM
I'd put in Dyer over Denard Robinson.....come on now dude lol.

Ozzy
09-18-2011, 07:26 PM
I definitely like a lot of the names on this list, and many of the rankings. I am intrigued that you have Xavier Sua-Filo ranked so high given his year off last year. Is he playing well this year to live up to such a high billing (especially ahead of guys like Seantrel and Fluker)?

Morgan Moses at LT in interesting - he seems to be more of an NFL guard playing LT for his college team right now (much like Cordy Glenn). I think he is a legitimate first rounder at guard, though.

Also, I'm a sucker for Tyrann Mathieu despite is rather small stature. He is a pure gamer and a first round pick in 2013, in my opinion, of course.I am not even sure Sua-Filo is on the roster this year. I think he might still be on his mission, but I was really impressed with him as a freshman a few years back. Has legs like tree trunks, thick kid, good athlete, clearly had high character. I expect a lot out of him, Henderson has really disappointed so far in college and supposedly might miss all season with a back issue. Moses I would say is more of a tackle than Glenn ever would be, but yeah a lot can change over time.

I like Mathieu as well, but his high makes him a questionable first round guy. Even very fine corners like Greg Reid or Cliff Harris might not be 1st round guys just because of their height and overall size. Same with Hosley on Virginia Tech, but Mathieu has impressed this year, but give me Claiborne over him at this moment though.