25. Baltimore Ravens - Vinny Curry, OLB Marshall

26. New York Giants - Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College

27. Philadelphia Eagles - Zach Brown, North Carolina

28. New England Patriots (from Saints) - Mike Brewster, C Ohio State

29. Pittsburgh Steelers - Alfonzo Dennard, CB Nebraska

30. Cleveland Browns (from Falcons) - Devin Taylor, OLB/DE South Carolina

31. New England Patriots - Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M

32. Green Bay Packers - Courtney Upshaw, OLB Alabama

The base order came from ESPN's Power Rankings but I then moved a lot of things around. Basically, it became random. If you could limit comments to the picks only, I'd appreciate it.

cmarq83
08-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Love the Pats mock!!! 2 players I like in need positions. Great Work

RaiderNation
08-30-2011, 03:52 PM
If Kirkpatrick is on the board, it seems like a given we will take him. Also dont rule out a DT or OLB

Pat Sims 90
08-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Taking a RT with 3rd overall pick would be a waste. QB, RB, DE, CB, and S would all be better postions to take.

V.I.P
08-30-2011, 04:28 PM
Great pick if Barber retires.

Wouldn't mind Richardson, if he's still on the board (If Blount is injured we have NOBODY!!!!)

Other Needs: OL

Splat
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
Kansas City Chiefs - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama

????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://arrowheadaddict.com/files/2010/12/Jamaal-Charles.jpg

V.I.P
08-30-2011, 04:53 PM
^^^ You're not a fan of a 2-back system i see.

tjsunstein
08-30-2011, 05:17 PM
don't buy yet another DE in denver. especially at a top 5 pick, to battle with doom, ayers and miller for playing time, with none able to really shift inside? i'd guess, if we're picking top 5 again, we go QB, DT, CB, probably in that order. most likely qb, unless you think that tebow will start the last 4-5 games and light it up.
I'm really clueless as to how Denver does business. I'll admit that. With a new staff coming in, I figured they would want to build the defense up with their picks. Although, they do have bigger needs I don't see a QB worth taking there with Luck and Barkley off the board after investing in Tebow (at least give him a shot). DT is pretty weak this year, and CB might be a possibility with Kirkpatrick but again, I can't justify it at 5.

Great pick if Barber retires.

Wouldn't mind Richardson, if he's still on the board (If Blount is injured we have NOBODY!!!!)

Other Needs: OL
I did think about Richardson because I'm a huge fan of a multiple back system. Hosley is perfect for the Bucs, and like you said Barber may just retire.

Kansas City Chiefs - Trent Richardson, RB Alabama

????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://arrowheadaddict.com/files/2010/12/Jamaal-Charles.jpg
Jamal Charles + Trent Richardson solidifies everything.

ArkyRamsFan
08-30-2011, 06:12 PM
The Rams are not going to draft an OLB in the first round. Period. In Steve Spanuolo's system OLBs are not emphasized enough to warrant a high selection and Spags always feels he can get guys in the middle rounds to fill these roles.

tjsunstein
08-30-2011, 06:13 PM
if we're top 5 bad, i don't think the FO sees DE as the position that needed help. true, they could just BPA it, but it's hard to BPA one of your only positions of strength. if they thought any of the DEs could shift (a la NYG), i could see it, but *shrug*.

when we're that bad, orton will get yanked at some point and we'll likely see tebow get some time to show what he's got. if landry's worth 7, i'm sure he'd be just fine at 5. cb is hideous behind champ, unless somehow cox is innocent *and* doesn't get into any trouble going forward.

i'd add that, if tebow *does* show enough to start next year, WR wouldn't shock me if thomas is still gimpy. 5's way too early for a RB or interior o-line, but when we're picking in the top 5 again, it'll be clear that our running game was a complete failure yet again, as well.
Denver is really all kinds of bad. It's just where to start right now. I really didn't even like Landry at 7 to be honest. I may have tried a little too hard to blend the big board into a mock. The way I saw it was, if you're Denver and Barkley or Luck are there, you jump on it. But, anyone else in this draft, you can wait until another round if you want a QB that bad.

Looking at it, Denver hasn't had a good draft since '06.

Hurricanes25
08-30-2011, 07:33 PM
24. New York Jets - Brandon Jenkins, OLB Florida State

The Jets could really use a passrusher so good pick.

tjsunstein
08-30-2011, 08:02 PM
The Jets could really use a passrusher so good pick.
Personally, still not entirely sold on him as a 3-4 OLB. He's an athletic 4-3 DE, in my opinion. But many see him as a potential fit. Hence why I mocked him there. This season will be huge for him.

Ozzy
08-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Wow a WV fan dropping Irvin that low? Interesting, especially with the 49ers, Browns and maybe Dolphins picking high potentially...

Love for Barkley to play that good this season and be the #2 pick. However why would Washington pick a QB? Grossman and Beck have proven to be two very capable backups and I doubt Washington drops them right after this year. They actually look like a good par, and however makes it as a starter they might just have surprise success. So I doubt Washington gets the #2 pick, much less picks a QB when they have shown such faith in both of the ones they already have.

Might be just me but Xavier Rhodes is potentially better than all of these corners. Kid could be a stud, and can go out for this draft.

Really, really doubt Crick drops like that, with the production he gets rushing the passer, I really doubt he drops.

Splat
08-30-2011, 08:41 PM
^^^ You're not a fan of a 2-back system i see.

Sure I am.

That doesn't mean I want to take a RB in the first round when the Chiefs all ready have a top five RB on the team.

Hines
08-30-2011, 09:59 PM
I can dig it.

Babylon
08-31-2011, 12:44 AM
Love the Seattle pick. There has to be some consolation for being lousy.

Matthew Jones
08-31-2011, 03:49 AM
The more I watch Brewster, the more I feel like he's getting really overhyped, similar to how a lot of people had Kris O'Dowd in the first round of their mocks last year before he ended up going undrafted because the player he actually is didn't end up being as good as the player he looks like on paper. When I watched Brewster, I saw him as someone who needed to add a lot of strength and play with a more aggressive demeanor. He didn't sustain blocks long enough or hold up as well in pass protection as I had hoped he would. So although center is a big need, I'd hope for something else there (not another one of the centers.) Jeff Fuller might not really fit into New England's offense as well as they'd like because he is not a big YAC threat. I'd be interested to see what they did with him though.

prock
08-31-2011, 05:30 AM
I can dig Reiff.

K Train
08-31-2011, 08:23 AM
dennard just gets me all kinds of fired up

vidae
08-31-2011, 12:38 PM
I may be in the minority here in KC, but I love the Trent Richardson pick. Get rid of Jones and add in a young back who can actually pick up yards when he's in there on third and short.

tjsunstein
08-31-2011, 08:20 PM
Wow a WV fan dropping Irvin that low? Interesting, especially with the 49ers, Browns and maybe Dolphins picking high potentially...
Thought about it a couple of times. I don't doubt that he will be up there come draft time but he has to show me a bit more vs. the run. I'm really curious to see how he does playing every down.

Love for Barkley to play that good this season and be the #2 pick. However why would Washington pick a QB? Grossman and Beck have proven to be two very capable backups and I doubt Washington drops them right after this year. They actually look like a good par, and however makes it as a starter they might just have surprise success. So I doubt Washington gets the #2 pick, much less picks a QB when they have shown such faith in both of the ones they already have.
I think either one of the two is gone after the year, especially if they pick as high as I have them in this scenario. I'll move them when I do my next mock because I can see them getting a win or two more than the teams below them.

Might be just me but Xavier Rhodes is potentially better than all of these corners. Kid could be a stud, and can go out for this draft.

Really, really doubt Crick drops like that, with the production he gets rushing the passer, I really doubt he drops.
Rhodes is a late first/early second for me right now, so he did see the bottom part of the first I wouldn't be surprised. Possibly to Dallas at 20, or Pittsburgh at 29. I didn't think Crick 'fell' to 20 but the more I look at it, I don't see him going after Worthy.

tjsunstein
08-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Just an update here.

Heard that Brandon Jenkins is weighing in at 265 now. Definitely brings him down on the list for 3-4 OLB and a bit higher as a 4-3 DE.

Edit: Wrong thread.

Babylon
09-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I can dig Reiff.

He might be the best tackle come draft time.

Go_Eagles77
09-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Probably my favorite choice for the eagles right now.

drd23
09-01-2011, 07:26 PM
Kuechly or Brewster would make more sense for the Ravens than Curry would. OLB depth looks to be good enough with Kindle and Kruger and finding a replacement for Ray Lewis or Matt Birk would be more important

Poz51
09-08-2011, 09:49 AM
2012 NFL DRAFT

4. Buffalo Bills - Jonathan Martin, OT Stanford
6. Carolina Panthers - Alshon Jeffery, WR South Carolina
7. San Francisco 49ers - Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma
9. Jacksonville Jaguars - Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State
12. Oakland Raiders - Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
14. Arizona Cardinals - Donte Paige-Moss, OLB North Carolina

I like the Martin pick to the Bills, especially with where they are picking and who is already off the board. One thing I pointed out last and was glad to see Buddy Nix decide not to make me look like a fool; He tends to draft from the south east area of the country... In the 2011 draft (Nix's second in Buffalo) every player picked was from this area (between texas and virginia) of the country. In the 2010 draft (Nix's first) 6 of his 9 picks fit the same profile and 2 of the 3 "North" picks were in the 6th and 7th rounds, with Easley who was a Gailey pick in the 4th. Nix was in charge of the SE area of scouting with the Chargers and his finger prints were all over there drafts as well. This is to not say that he would not take Martin in the given situation, as they have stated it is a big year for Bell, and Martin makes sense.
Personally I am high on Jones, and could just as easily see him being the pick, Blackmon and Jeffery would make sense if the young reciever core doesnt pan out, and Kerpatrick and Paige-Moss I think fit as well.
Just some feed back regarding the Bills, I like the Martin for the Bills alot, nice job.

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Some may feel a little bit differently about that Richardson to Kansas City pick although the order will be completely different than what was used here.