PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations 2012 Mock Draft 2.0

RaiderNation
08-30-2011, 04:42 PM
Have at it....

Round 1

1 Cincinnati Bengals- Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
Andy Dalton isnít going to get the job done. With a new coaching staff finally coming in expect they to clean house and rebuild around the #1 prospect in Andrew Luck.

2 San Francisco 49ers- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
With Luck gone, Harbaugh will be forced to keep developing Kaepernick. The oline has looked awful so far in the pre season and getting a guy he knows can get the job done at LT will be very helpful.

3 Denver Broncos- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
I was very surprised to see the Broncos go Miller over Dareus last April, so expect the run defense problems to not be fixed and the hole at DT will still be apparent. Worthy will be the DT that steps up this year and be a huge factor for the Spartans.

4 Washington Redskins- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
Grossman and Beck are backupís at best, so expect the Redskins to once again to have issues at QB. For some reason I see Landry Jones as a Mike Shannahan type QB, and with the hype going around him and Oklahoma donít be surprised to see him as the 2nd QB drafted.

5 Miami Dolphins- Matt Barkley QB USC*
Chad Henne isnít going to get the job done in Miami, and he will be gone along with the coaching staff. Expect them to bring in a QB to build around in Barkley, who seems perfect for the Miami scene.

6 Carolina Panthers- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*
You just spent the #1 pick on Newton, now it is time to keep surrounding him with talent. Jeffery to go along with Smith, Olsen, Williams and Stewart will give Newton a ton of weapons.

7 Jacksonville Jaguars- Quinton Coples DE UNC
It seems like the last 2 or 3 years a lot of mockers have had the Jaguars taking a DE, so maybe this is the year, especially looking at the lack of talent they have there. Coples will have another dominant season for the Tarheels.

8 Minnesota Vikings- Matt Kalil OT USC*
Bryant McKenzie was released and relying on Charlie Johnston to be your LT isnít a good thing. Kalil is outstanding value here and in my mind is a better prospect than Martin is.

9 Buffalo Bills- DJ Fluker OT Alabama*
I expect the Bills to make some noise this year, but just wont have the wins to actually contend in the AFC East. Upgrading over Bell at LT will help the team improve, and Fluker is a beast.

10 Arizona Cardinals- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
Ever since Dansby left the Cardinals defense just hasnít been the same. Burfict is a local talent that can come in and start day 1 and be a force inside at ILB.

11 Tennessee Titans- Marcus Forston DT Miami*
One weak spot on the Titan defense seems to be at DT. Forston has the hype to a impact DT in the NFL, but hasnít been able to put it together on the field yet.

12 Dallas Cowboys- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
The oline will really hurt any chance of the Cowboys making the playoffs. But with taking a OT last year, expect Jerry Jones to turn to the other side of the ball and get some great value in Kirkpatrick.

13 Seattle Seahawks- Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
It is a shame Seattle doesnít have a starting caliber QB on the roster, because I really believe they have the overall talent to make some noise. But with no QB worth taking here, they go BPA and upgrade the rushing attack.

14 Cleveland Browns-Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
Colt McCoy and the Browns should continue to make strides toward a .500 team, and adding a legit go to guy will only help. Blackmon seems like a man amongst boys in the college.

15 Kansas City Chiefs- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State*
Even though I feel the Chiefs added upgraded a few positions from their playoff team last year, I just feel things wonít fall their way this year. Expect them to try and solve some issues on defense and get some more pass rush opposite Hali.

16 New York Giants- Luke Kuechly LB Boston College*
Seems like the injury bug virus is going around New York, and the Giants are really hurting from it. With the talent lost, expect them to miss the playoffs again, and look to add some local talent at ILB.

17 Indianapolis Colts- David DeCastro OL Stanford*
Even if Peyton comes back week 1, I just donít feel the Colts have the overall talent to make the playoffs. Castonzo was a start to solving the oline issues, and adding DeCastro might be the final piece.

18 Chicago Bears- Kelechi Osemele OL Iowa State
So far through the pre season the Bears have once again had oline concerns, and if things donít get solved it will really hurt their season. As of now, I donít think they will fix them, and they will again use a 1st round pick to try and sure up the oline.

19 San Diego Chargers- Donte Paige-Moss DE/OLB UNC*
Sorry Charger fans, but another year of missing out on the playoffs could potentially shake things up for the team. Larry English has been a disappointment so DPM could be exact type of pass rusher they will be looking for.

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech*
The Bucs will once again come up just short of the playoffs, but I think Freeman will progress even more from last year, so the future is still bright. With Barber aging, Talib situation still up in the air, expect a CB to be the pick here.

21 Oakland Raiders- Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina*
It is no secret loves to draft DBís, and with the way the young ones are playing so far I would not be surprised to see another go in the 1st round. If Gilmore can run a sub 4.4 he should end up in silver and black.

22 Detroit Lions- Riley Reiff OT Iowa*
It seems like the Lions are this years surprise team according to just about everyone, and I am finally buying into after an impressive pre season. But Stafford is still injury prone and even though Backus has been serviceable they need to get a legit LT.

23 Houston Texans- Robert Lester FS Alabama*
I am really buying into the hype for the Texans, and I think Wade Phillips will coach a good enough defense to let them get into the playoffs. They still lack the talent at FS, so getting a ball hawk like Lester would be perfect.

24 St. Louis Rams- LaMichael James RB Oregon*
Even with the brutal schedule, I just donít see any other NFC West getting to at least 7 wins. Steven Jackson still has a few more years left, but getting a legit compliment back like James could take this offense to the next level.

25 Pittsburgh Steelers- Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
I see the Steelers taking a step backwords this year, due to talent that has been added around the AFC, while the Steelers havenít made any moves. The CB positions are in need of young talent, and Dennard seems like a good fit here.

26 Philadelphia Eagles-Mark Barron SS Alabama*
Just like the Miami Heat, expect the Eagles to have some upís and downís during the season with their newly put together team. One weakness I see on defense is at SS, and Barron value is right around this pick.

27 New York Jets- Vinny Curry DE/OLB Marshall
The Jets have neglected to add a consistent pass rusher for the last few drafts, and after coming up short again maybe they will realize it is their one missing piece on defense. Curry was a dominant pass rusher and projects as a 3-4 OLB.

28 New England Patriots(f/NO)- Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina*
Like the Jets, the Patriots seem to not have realized their problems at OLB. Bellichick likes big OLBís, and at 6í7 255lbs, Taylor fitís the ďBillĒ to be a factor in their scheme.

29 Baltimore Ravens- Michael Brewster C Ohio State
It seems like the Ravens are committed to rebuilding their oline with young talent, and Birk is just about done at C. Brewster is a legit 1st round Center prospect and would give the Ravens an experienced rookie.

30 Green Bay Packers- Jared Crick DL Nebraska
I think the loss of Cullen Jenkins will be bigger than most Packer fans expect. Getting a pass rushing 3-4 DE like Crick here would be perfect for them, and expect Crick to be a potential pro bowler for the cheese heads.

31 New England Patriots- Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
Ochocinco will have a good season, but it is apparent Wes Welker is aging fast with all the injuries he has gotten over the last few seasons. Broyles could put up Welker type numbers in the slot for the Patriots and will be a steal here.

32 Cleveland Browns(f/ATL)- Manti Teío LB Notre Dame*
Yup, Matt Ryan will step up and be considered a top 5 QB in the league after this year. So the Julio Jones will definitely be worth losing this pick, where the Browns will add their leader of the defense at ILB and upgrade over DíQwell Jackson.

Pat Sims 90
08-30-2011, 04:45 PM
The Bengals won't bring in a new coaching staff but Luck is a great pick.

RaiderNation
08-30-2011, 04:49 PM
The Bengals won't bring in a new coaching staff but Luck is a great pick.

You really think Marvin Lewis will get another chance even if they get the #1 pick? It seems like Lewis being fired is like 3 or 4 years over due

Pat Sims 90
08-30-2011, 04:51 PM
You really think Marvin Lewis will get another chance even if they get the #1 pick? It seems like Lewis being fired is like 3 or 4 years over due

Mike Brown gave him a 2 year deal. He will finish out his contract unless he quits himself. It is not like Mike Brown will go out and actually pay someone better to come in.

tjsunstein
08-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Jared Crick is exactly what the Packers need.

V.I.P
08-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Good Bucs selection.

shylo3716
08-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Have at it....

Round 1

1 Cincinnati Bengals- Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
Andy Dalton isn’t going to get the job done. With a new coaching staff finally coming in expect they to clean house and rebuild around the #1 prospect in Andrew Luck.

17 Indianapolis Colts- David DeCastro OL Stanford*
Even if Peyton comes back week 1, I just don’t feel the Colts have the overall talent to make the playoffs. Castonzo was a start to solving the oline issues, and adding DeCastro might be the final piece.

22 Detroit Lions- Riley Reiff OT Iowa*
It seems like the Lions are this years surprise team according to just about everyone, and I am finally buying into after an impressive pre season. But Stafford is still injury prone and even though Backus has been serviceable they need to get a legit LT.

24 St. Louis Rams- LaMichael James RB Oregon*
Even with the brutal schedule, I just don’t see any other NFC West getting to at least 7 wins. Steven Jackson still has a few more years left, but getting a legit compliment back like James could take this offense to the next level.

26 Philadelphia Eagles-Mark Barron SS Alabama*
Just like the Miami Heat, expect the Eagles to have some up’s and down’s during the season with their newly put together team. One weakness I see on defense is at SS, and Barron value is right around this pick.

31 New England Patriots- Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma
Ochocinco will have a good season, but it is apparent Wes Welker is aging fast with all the injuries he has gotten over the last few seasons. Broyles could put up Welker type numbers in the slot for the Patriots and will be a steal here.

Cincy- I can see it but what happens to Dalton?

Indy- Very Very CLICHE` for anyone to mock an OL to Indy, what other major needs do they have?

Detroit- I really do think NOW is the time to finally go CB for a team that has no ELITE guy in the secondary.

St. Louis- You really think the Rams will take a NFL 3rd down back when Jackson is not getting any younger? They will most definitely do all they can to snatch Richardson since they missed out on Julio.

Philly- Love the projection, but will hate the pick if he does not improve his cover skills this season, I may be biased but I like Telemaque with this pick coming late for sure .

New England- No way they take another guy similar to Welker, BTW don't they still have Endleman if so that's to show you Broyles is a no go.

RaiderNation
08-31-2011, 02:00 AM
Cincy- I can see it but what happens to Dalton?

Indy- Very Very CLICHE` for anyone to mock an OL to Indy, what other major needs do they have?

Detroit- I really do think NOW is the time to finally go CB for a team that has no ELITE guy in the secondary.

St. Louis- You really think the Rams will take a NFL 3rd down back when Jackson is not getting any younger? They will most definitely do all they can to snatch Richardson since they missed out on Julio.

Philly- Love the projection, but will hate the pick if he does not improve his cover skills this season, I may be biased but I like Telemaque with this pick coming late for sure .

New England- No way they take another guy similar to Welker, BTW don't they still have Endleman if so that's to show you Broyles is a no go.

Dalton would either bs traded, or a situation like what's happening in Carolina would happen where they battle it out for the starting job

I can see the Colts going LB, DB or WR, but I think DeCastro is probably the BPA there and would give them a starter at either Guard spot.

I don't see an elite CB there for the Lions, and I think with the guys they have now and the play of their dline will give the Lions a good enough defense to contend.

Looks like we have different opinions on LaMichael James. I agree that he won't ever be a featured back, but I think he compliments Jackson very well and would give this offense a home run type runner that they lack

Barron has improved every year and I expect him to make the leap to a legit 1st round safety this year.

I just really feel Broyles is a Patriot type player and prospect they would likely fall in love with. Endlemen isn't good enough for them to pass up a guy who can put up numbers like Welker in his prime. Welker will be turning 31 next season and the way his injuries keep mounting up, he may not put up numbers expected of him

prock
08-31-2011, 05:31 AM
I dig Kalil but who is Bryant McKenzie?

RWills
08-31-2011, 08:06 AM
-I don't feel that Worthy is rated that high and Coples is rated to low

-Isnt Flucker a So?.

-Forston has the hyp but so didn't Allen Bailey a year ago, plus I think his season might be hurt with that scandal

-I like Castro and Osemele but way to high for OG's

-Does anyone else have that feeling that Brandon Jenkins will measure exactly like Everette Brown, 3 insches shorter and 20 pounds lighter than the FSU crap they tell you

- Too high fo rboth James and Barron, I doubt there will be a first round safety this year

- Broyles will not be a 1st rounder, your typical Oklahoma WR's

K Train
08-31-2011, 08:22 AM
dennard is an amazing pick

shylo3716
08-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Dalton would either bs traded, or a situation like what's happening in Carolina would happen where they battle it out for the starting job

I can see the Colts going LB, DB or WR, but I think DeCastro is probably the BPA there and would give them a starter at either Guard spot.

I don't see an elite CB there for the Lions, and I think with the guys they have now and the play of their dline will give the Lions a good enough defense to contend.

Looks like we have different opinions on LaMichael James. I agree that he won't ever be a featured back, but I think he compliments Jackson very well and would give this offense a home run type runner that they lack

Barron has improved every year and I expect him to make the leap to a legit 1st round safety this year.

I just really feel Broyles is a Patriot type player and prospect they would likely fall in love with. Endlemen isn't good enough for them to pass up a guy who can put up numbers like Welker in his prime. Welker will be turning 31 next season and the way his injuries keep mounting up, he may not put up numbers expected of him

Indy- Best bet to work on Defense, because how many OL will they go after to protect Manning before they finally give up on it?

Detroit- Okay they WILL have the #1 run stop D, but what happens when teams go away from the run game and attack that weak secondary?

St. Louis- If they don't move up by ALL means to get Richardson best option is a #1 WR for Bradford IMO they wanted Julio so we know what option #2 is for them this draft season.

Philly- Only 1 way to find that out and that's to see the "improvement" throughout this season for myself, or better yet just draft him in Madden 12 as projected to us to see what impact he will make. :D

NE- I just can't see them going after Broyles unless he is coming in for return purposes right now, they have all the slot guys they need so its not like he will be a deep threat.

RaiderNation
08-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I dig Kalil but who is Bryant McKenzie?

Lol I always get McKennie and McKenzie mixed up. Probably the 3rd time I have done it in one of my mocks

vidae
08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
DE/OLB is not a need for the Chiefs, at least not in the first round. There is going to be major competition opposite Tamba this year, and I'm pretty sure Houston is going to win that battle.

An ILB with some swagger or a RT (if Gaither doesn't pan out) are much better picks for KC.

Grats on the Raiders for winning the division. ;p

drd23
09-01-2011, 07:29 PM
I'd personally rather have Te'O for the Ravens than Brewster but its still a good pick

proshoota25
09-01-2011, 08:29 PM
who is endleman lol its julian edelman*..... but it wont stop the patriots from drafting broyles... i think hes a perfect fit.... with ochocinco and branch aging, plus welker an upcoming free agent, there are plenty of WR spots that may need to be filled next year. In a few years, WR sets could be a mix of Taylor Price, Julian Edelman, and a few drafted WRs....

Smooth Criminal
09-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I love Brewster. Hate to see him end up a Raven.