PDA

View Full Version : 8/31/11 - Initial 2012 Mock Draft

Scott Wright
08-31-2011, 01:54 PM
The first mock draft of the year is posted!

2012 Mock Draft - v.1.0
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

As always constructive criticism is not only welcomed but encouraged. However, please be sure to explain the reasoning behind your opinions just like I do in the mock or risk being infracted.

Let's keep this thread fun and informative!

Now... FIRE AWAY! :)

D-Unit
08-31-2011, 02:08 PM
TJ McDonald went 1 spot too low. He's coming to Dallas. ;)

LOVE the Redskins picking #1 overall. lol.

...no wait... I don't want Luck in the NFC East!!!! Say it ain't soo!!!

coordinator0
08-31-2011, 02:12 PM
That would be an excellent first round pick for Baltimore. Center is also a big need going forward, like you alluded to.

Hurricanes25
08-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Brandon Jenkins is a great pick for the Jets. They could really use a guy who could get 10+ sacks in a season.

jrdrylie
08-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Of course I don't like where you have the Bears picking, it means they missed the playoffs. I also seriously doubt the Redskins will be that bad. The Rex Grossman-John Beck combination, while bad, is nowhere near as bad as the Tarvaris Jackson-Charlie Whitehurst debacle.

As for picks... I don't think the Jaguars will go after Justin Blackmon. He has a DUI and we all know Gene Smith like high character guys so that might take him off their draft board.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 02:22 PM
i like the mock scott, though Richardson probably won't go top 5, maybe top 10, but teams don't seem to value runningbacks as highly anymore, and the lack of value that recent top picks Bush, Moreno, Matthews, and Spiller have shown compared to guys like Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, and Mo Drew I think will cause a trend of backs not going in the top 5 that much anymore. nothing to do with money, but rather teams can find pro bowl backs in rounds 2 and 3 just as easily as round 1, let alone the top 10.

Also I could see the Browns going for a DE, but I'm skeptic that they take a DT in the first round again after taking Taylor last year and already having a guy in Ahtyba Rubin who established himself as a very good young DT last season. I think they need another DT but probably a mid round pick or veteran who can rush the passer as a true three technique.

I have a strong belief that the Browns will use one of those two first rounders on a cornerback given their need and the value of finding starting corners in round one.

RaiderNation
08-31-2011, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Kirkpatrick in Silver and Black if he is on the board. I dot agree with you though that we have a need at DE. We have 2 young studs with Shaughnessy and Houston with Wimbley rotating in on passing downs. Our problems are inside, and I wouldn't be surprised if we take a DT to develop behind Seymour and Kelly

Brodeur
08-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Man I'm getting tired of saying this, but "That day canít come quick enough for Matthew Stafford, who has taken a beating the past couple seasons." is not even close to true. Yes we do need a young left tackle, but that's because Backus is soon to be 34 and his contract is up after the year. This is not because he's bad, he is actually a well above average left tackle and the Lions have above average pass blocking.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 02:42 PM
you know that once Zach Brown turns in his forty time that he's gonna lock himself up to Oakland :)

K Train
08-31-2011, 02:56 PM
love hightower but not in the first, honestly i think hes more of a 3rd round guy at this point.

ta'amu or chapman would make sense, still would prefer a corner but with chase and dennard gone i would make a sad face

Hines
08-31-2011, 03:17 PM
love hightower but not in the first, honestly i think hes more of a 3rd round guy at this point.

ta'amu or chapman would make sense, still would prefer a corner but with chase and dennard gone i would make a sad face

I agree with what he said. I was going to come in here and say that.

PokerBalla
08-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Hey Scott, I've seen you've done well in projecting picks the last few years. Would you be interested in betting where Moye goes? I can set it up with 5dimes. Give me 2:1 that he goes in the first two rounds and you can name the number.

vidae
08-31-2011, 03:37 PM
I love the Chiefs pick. He's the kind of player we need at ILB to pair with DJ.. someone with some swagger and intensity. He'd fit in great with this defense and I think Crennel could reign him in a bit.

DeepThreat
08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
DT for the Browns simply doesn't make sense. Cleveland loves Taylor and Rubin as their starters and the team is currently working on extending Rubin.

I do love the Devin Taylor pick though. I'm a huge fan of his.

FuzzyGopher
08-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Like the Vikings pick. I'm pretty much expecting every mock draft having Minnesota taking a LT in the first from here on out.

BigJohn98
08-31-2011, 05:13 PM
I criticized your mock selections for the Jags all of this year.

With that said, I LOVE the pick. I would do back flips if we draft Justin Blackmon.

shylo3716
08-31-2011, 05:38 PM
Scott

I understand we have certain obligations for our team especially to protect Vick at all times, but don't you think we would at least take a look at Mark Barron?

We most definitely could use his help with our stacked secondary especially since we do not have a clear cut SS.

bearsfan_51
08-31-2011, 05:52 PM
O-line is fine with me, although it's a shame to see Reiff go one pick before us. Mid-1st is too early in my mind for a guard, especially on a team that needs to retool like the Bears do.

Also, keep in mind, if we finish 8-8, they will (hopefully) fire everyone. I don't think the new regime is going to start off with a guard.

Unbiased
08-31-2011, 06:15 PM
I criticized your mock selections for the Jags all of this year.

With that said, I LOVE the pick. I would do back flips if we draft Justin Blackmon.

Also on board with the Blackmon pick but, like someone pointed out, he doesn't seem to have the character make up Gene looks for. CB, FS, DE, and OL are all big needs too. Scott mentioned most of them.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Scott,

What about Stephon Gilmore, CB from South Carolina? I think he's 1 of the best CBs in this draft and didn't show up as much on the stat sheet last year because QBs avoided his side of the field.

I'd rather Gilmore for Tampa Bay rather than Minnfield, who isn't as good as advertised in my opinion.

shylo3716
08-31-2011, 06:19 PM
No Stephon Gilmore/Jayron Hosley? Especially with Hosley being a GREAT zone CB, I would think Tampa pulls the trigger on him with all the Talib problems and never so young Barber getting older by the 3 & outs.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 06:21 PM
No Stephon Gilmore/Jayron Hosley? Especially with Hosley being a GREAT zone CB, I would think Tampa pulls the trigger on him with all the Talib problems and never so young Barber getting older by the 3 & outs.

Not only that, they need a good #2 accross from him.

niel89
08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
I would love to snag one of the ILB/MLBs to replace Ray Lewis.

Spectre
08-31-2011, 06:32 PM
Glad to see the mock come out already! Onto my Brownies... can't argue with another DE but no way do the Browns take another DT in the 1st round... we're talking about signing Rubin to an extension (he's underrated and only 25) and we already have Phil Taylor.

Dick Jauron's defense isn't your typical 4-3... he likes to have fatties at both DT positions, use them to clog the middle and bull rush and have quick DEs come off the edge. Looking through his past teams, you'll find some huge dudes (Keith Traylor, Ted Washington, Dan Wilkinson, Shaun Rogers, Marcus Stroud, etc.) Thus, while I can see where you'd make a DT pick in general, it doesn't really fit what Jauron does because we already have a solid tandem in place.

I'd much rather see us take a LB with one of our picks... our corps is pretty darn ragged.

shylo3716
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Question for the forum.....Did it take a little while for the Janoris Jenkins 1st Round projection to register? I'm quite sure someone besides myself did a double take, especially when he is not in the Top 3 as a CB prospect any longer.

Ozzy
08-31-2011, 06:37 PM
I had Trent Richardson being a high pick also, to the Jaguars I had, but really when is the last time a running back was picked that high? Not sure he is anywhere close to an Adrian Peterson type of running back. And honestly is he that good, we will see but I doubt a running back will go that high, especially considering all the offensive rule changes running backs just are not as important as they once were, it has all shifted to the quarterback.

So I would be shocked if he went that high.

I would take Xavier Rhodes of Dre Kirkpatrick right now, I think Rhodes would be the #1 corner on the board if he wants to come out as a RS soph.

I like Minnifiled being picked that high, good player, but not sure he would be picked over Cliff Harris, or to a lesser extent Greg Reid. Who both are small but Reid brings a ton in the return game, and Harris is ok as well in that regard. Still would be surprised to see him over Cliff Harris if he comes out.

Janoris Jenkins, I doubt he gets 1st round look, Cowboys could go a lot of different ways with that pick. Good player but hard to look past his baggage.

TJ McDonald could happen, but you do not he is very weak tackling, maybe he improved but last year his tackling was suspect at best. Unlike guys like Mark Barron who is a fine tackler or Robert Lester.

Pretty standard mock draft, similar to what a lot of guys on here have in the forms. A few surprises though, but everyone is different.

Shocked if Bruce Irvin is not a 1st round pick though. Same can be said for Kelechi Osemele, David DeCastro and possibly Kenny Tate if he has a smooth transition to OLB. No way I would take Nate Potter over Osemele.

K Train
08-31-2011, 07:52 PM
i love richardson...i think hes what you get if adrian peterson and michael bush had an illegitimate love child

mqtirishfan
08-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Like the pick of an OLB for the Packers, but you seem to have forgotten Desmond Bishop in your explanation. He's better than Hawk.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 08:12 PM
Question for the forum.....Did it take a little while for the Janoris Jenkins 1st Round projection to register? I'm quite sure someone besides myself did a double take, especially when he is not in the Top 3 as a CB prospect any longer.

Talent wise, the guy might be the best CB in the draft, however his off the field problems are dropping his stock.

I still think, with a good season and staying clean off the field, some team will gamble late in round 1. He's really good, might even be the best Cb in this draft.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Well now that Ingram is gone and Richardson will be THE focus and workhorse of that offense, he'll get a chance to prove if he's one of those top 10 type pick can't miss backs like Peterson, LT, McFadden, etc., but I think he's more like a guy you really want in the 10-20 range rather.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 08:19 PM
Well now that Ingram is gone and Richardson will be THE focus and workhorse of that offense, he'll get a chance to prove if he's one of those top 10 type pick can't miss backs like Peterson, LT, McFadden, etc., but I think he's more like a guy you really want in the 10-20 range rather.

Richardson was always the better back in Alabama, even when Ingram won the Heisman. He's a pure physical beast and tough as hell to bring down. I mean, I believe during the PSU game last year they said he squats around 500 lbs. Look at his legs, there like tree trunks with a ton of speed.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 08:26 PM
yeah, but still i'm not sure he's worth top ten pick in today's NFL where you can get a decent running game with a street free agent. it's such a passing league and backs have such short shelf like. Richardson reminds me of a bigger Mo Drew, he is more of a receiving threat than Mark was and is faster and quicker with more homerun speed.

tjsunstein
08-31-2011, 08:29 PM
Where's the Bruce Irvin love Scott? I'm interested to hear your input on his stock as of now, and compare it to April.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
yeah, but still i'm not sure he's worth top ten pick in today's NFL where you can get a decent running game with a street free agent. it's such a passing league and backs have such short shelf like. Richardson reminds me of a bigger Mo Drew, he is more of a receiving threat than Mark was and is faster and quicker with more homerun speed.

I'd probably still take him in the top half of the 1st round

shylo3716
08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
i love richardson...i think hes what you get if adrian peterson and michael bush had an illegitimate love child

That's specimen-like Hehe :D

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd probably still take him in the top half of the 1st round

yeah, I'd take him if I needed a runningback and I had a pick in the 7-15 range with no one else available who fills my needs. Not top 5 though.

tjsunstein
08-31-2011, 08:35 PM
It'd be a crime if Richardson didn't go Top-20. He's one of the best NFL ready backs I've seen.

Scott Wright
08-31-2011, 09:43 PM
As for picks... I don't think the Jaguars will go after Justin Blackmon. He has a DUI and we all know Gene Smith like high character guys so that might take him off their draft board.

I definitely considered that, but at this point Blackmon only has the one incident and I don't know if it was serious enough to dissuade a team from selecting him, even Jacksonville.

Scott Wright
08-31-2011, 09:45 PM
i like the mock scott, though Richardson probably won't go top 5, maybe top 10, but teams don't seem to value runningbacks as highly anymore, and the lack of value that recent top picks Bush, Moreno, Matthews, and Spiller have shown compared to guys like Jamaal Charles, Peyton Hillis, Ray Rice, and Mo Drew I think will cause a trend of backs not going in the top 5 that much anymore. nothing to do with money, but rather teams can find pro bowl backs in rounds 2 and 3 just as easily as round 1, let alone the top 10.

I think the new rookie salary structure will make it even more palatable for teams to take a runner in the Top 5 or 10. It's not like you have to give them $30 million guaranteed anymore.

Scott Wright
08-31-2011, 09:47 PM

I can see that argument on Hightower, but scouts do like him and by all accounts he has rounded back into the form he showed a couple of years ago. If that is indeed the case, Hightower is absolutely a first round talent. Gotta prove it on the field this year though.

Scott Wright
08-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Like the Vikings pick. I'm pretty much expecting every mock draft having Minnesota taking a LT in the first from here on out.

It's probably going to be either left tackle or wide receiver for the Vikes in my mock for a while.

Scott Wright
08-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Scott

I understand we have certain obligations for our team especially to protect Vick at all times, but don't you think we would at least take a look at Mark Barron?

We most definitely could use his help with our stacked secondary especially since we do not have a clear cut SS.

The Eagles have just used second round picks in back-to-back drafts on safeties, I think they are set with Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett for the foreseeable future.

Scott Wright
08-31-2011, 09:50 PM
No Stephon Gilmore/Jayron Hosley?

I had to make a cut-off with the underclassmen at a certain point, although I included more than I usually do in this one. I'm not sold that either Gilmore or Hosley are first rounders at this point anyway. Especially in the case of Hosley, who looks like more of a second or third to me.

Scott Wright
08-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Where's the Bruce Irvin love Scott? I'm interested to hear your input on his stock as of now, and compare it to April.

Irvin received strong first round consideration for the mock. He's borderline right now.

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2011, 09:57 PM
At this point I would say ILB, NT, OG, #2 WR and possibly SS are all bigger needs for the Titans.

jayceheathman
08-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Scott, you know the Texans are not going to go with any other position besides DL. :)

JRTPlaya21
08-31-2011, 11:35 PM
Still not convinced that we will be the absolute worst team in the league but if Snyder doesn't trade up for Luck I think my heart would stop.

Pat Sims 90
09-01-2011, 12:01 AM
I would love to see Richardson in Cincy but i think at this point that it is too high for him. If the Bengals are picking that high i don't think Andy Dalton convense them not to take a Francise QB like Barkley.

keylime_5
09-01-2011, 12:17 AM
another pass rusher opposite dumervil? you mean like von miller? i understand there aren't any DTs that high at this point, but the analysis there just doesn't make a ton of sense, unless you see coples moving inside on passing downs. if he's capable of that, then i can't disagree too much, even if ayers continues to improve the way he did last year.

Coples would be killer in Denver. He played DT early in his career at UNC and is definitely a guy you would want to move inside to 3 technique on passing downs with Miller and Dumervil lined up over each edge. That's what Ayers is supposed to be but hasn't been quite yet.

Just think last year's defensive line at North Carolina if there was no suspensions could have been Robert Quinn/Quinton Coples/Marvin Austin/Donte Paige-Moss potentially.

Razor
09-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Michael Floyd is a decent pick for the Patriots. I probably prefer Fuller to him since he's not a turd like Floyd, but I understand your reasoning and love Floyd's upside. Mark Barron is a pick that I really don't understand though. I think he's a third rounder based on his play last year, and since Belichick always considers value when drafting I just can't see us taking Barron in the first. Lester would imo be a better pick, or.... Well, I'm going to sound crazy, but who cares? A corner! Stephon Gilmore and especially Jayron Hosley (who's a perfect fit btw. Where do you have him ranked?) could come in and compete opposite McCourty, allowing BB to move Dowling to safety. I know it's far fetched, but Belichick sure does love his safeties. Center is also a massive need and could/should be addressed in the first.

Other than Patriots stuff, I really don't see Nate Potter in the first. Crick also sticks out to me. Every year we all overrate some players (in my case Ryan Tannehill) and I think these two are vastly overrated. On the other hand I really like Devin Taylor so early in the draft. Haven't seen that before. I love his size, athleticism and upside. I think he just needs to add some muscle to his frame and he'll be a force.

Brown Leader
09-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Actually see the Browns going offense with both picks, not defense. Something like, WR-OL. Plenty of youth upfront on D and solid, albeit aged, Lbs. Unless a sure fire FS emerges or the line is devastated by injury, I think they'll look to bolster the offense with a blue chip Olineman and a true difference maker at WR-of course unless Colt really bombs-then we'll look at Jones.

fenikz
09-01-2011, 02:43 AM
No NFC West team in the playoffs, interesting prediction let's see how that pans out :p

Reiff would be a solid pick for the Cardinals ideally Levi Brown is a RG but Whis and Grimm don't see that. So no clue if we ever actually do address the position but I wouldn't mind.

Safety & WR could also be early picks maybe not in the 1st but if a player at either position is BPA on the board Graves isn't afraid to pull the trigger

keylime_5
09-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Actually see the Browns going offense with both picks, not defense. Something like, WR-OL. Plenty of youth upfront on D and solid, albeit aged, Lbs. Unless a sure fire FS emerges or the line is devastated by injury, I think they'll look to bolster the offense with a blue chip Olineman and a true difference maker at WR-of course unless Colt really bombs-then we'll look at Jones.

eh, I think at least one of those picks will be used on defense. Most likely one will be a cornerback and the other maybe a DE, OL, or WR. I'm not really expecting them takng a linebacker high, though they do need two new young OLBs to eventually replace Gocong and Fujita.

Halsey
09-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't know if I buy a RB going top 5. It seems like, more often than not, RBs have not been good values with first round picks in recent years. Now we see veteran RBs unable to get as much money as other premium positions are getting. RB just doesn't seem like a wise choice with a top 5 pick these days.

cmarq83
09-01-2011, 12:31 PM
I'm fine with the Barron pick, but the Floyd one is questionable. The Pats have never really taken a receiver in the Floyd mold, and if they are going to take one that early next year I'd presume it would be because of a void left by the loss of Welker, Branch, or perhaps both. If that's the case then I see Broyles being the guy they take. If they are looking for value which they usually do I see Fuller as a guy who fits the scheme slightly better while still being a potential #1 guy.

I'd prefer a guy like Konz there because as we saw in preseason game #3 that interior O-line is bad besides Mankins. An elite center would make the transition in the post-Brady years much easier. Plus, the thought of Solder-Mankins-Konz-Cannon-Vollmer with Gronkowski blocking at TE is amazing.

DiG
09-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Took the easy way out giving the Skins the first pick. I honestly can't see us ending up with the worst record in the NFL. We won't be a good team but well do enough to pick somewhere in the 5-10 range most likely. I could see a trade up though for Luck.

tjsunstein
09-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Took the easy way out giving the Skins the first pick. I honestly can't see us ending up with the worst record in the NFL. We won't be a good team but well do enough to pick somewhere in the 5-10 range most likely. I could see a trade up though for Luck.
I wonder what kind of compensation a team would need if they're trading the rights to Luck.

703SKINS202
09-01-2011, 08:01 PM

I wonder what kind of compensation a team would need if they're trading the rights to Luck.

Yea I just don't see us being a 1 or 2 win team with a solid running game and much improved defense. As far as what it would take to trade up to the #1 pick in '12, I don't even want to think about what Snyder would give up. I could see something like a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 2013 1st and 3rd but who knows that's a wild guess.

rawdawg
09-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Ugh. Not a fan of Cordy Glenn. Comparing him to Andre Smith and Shawn Andrews doesn't make me feel any better either.

The Bears OL has looked pretty decent this preseason. Chris Williams looks to have found a home at LG. With Garza at C, and a FA next year, and Spencer not able to beat out Lance Louis (moving Garza to RG), I think the Bears could be in the market for a franchise C. If not, I'd look for them to seriously upgrade the outside with either a big WR to replace Roy Williams (ugh) or a CB to put on the opposite side and eventually take the reins from Charles Tillman.

Mike Brewster, Jeff Fuller, or Stephon Gilmore would all be better picks. Oh yeah, and Bears will be in the playoffs. :)

phlysac
09-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Scott,

Jared Crick is a tremendous talent and would fit nicely as a 5-Tech in the 49ers' defense but with Justin Smith and Ray McDonald still around, they only really need one young guy waiting in the wings. I think they already have him. Rookie DeMarcus Dobbs has looked absolutely nasty this preseason.

I would prefer CB. Along ways to go, however.

M.O.T.H.
09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
I certainly think it's possible for Gilmore to fall out of the 1st. He's kind of getting a pass, because of his great Freshman season. Because he def. struggled last year, and had his share of burnings. That said, I'd want him more than Janoris Jenkins if we were going corner with that pick.

I'm still not too high on CB yet, either. They just payed Scandrick starter money, so he's bound to start eventually (like it or not). And while Jenkins was awful last year, he's shown the ability to star in the past. I'm really hoping he'll return to form. This would then squash our apparent need at CB, at least in the 1st round.

tjsunstein
09-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Where on the O-Line would they go, when they have they're franchise LT and C, with so much talent on the board at other positions. This isn't exactly a great class for T. (not yet atleast depending on Fluker and Rieff's seasons). Would you go DeCastro in the early part of the first? I wouldn't. I feel like Devin Taylor is where Bruce Irvin should be but that's for a different time and place. I'd go Crick there for the Browns. He'd be more valuable to the team aside from Jeffery or Blackmon.

49ersfan_87
09-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Scott,

Jared Crick is a tremendous talent and would fit nicely as a 5-Tech in the 49ers' defense but with Justin Smith and Ray McDonald still around, they only really need one young guy waiting in the wings. I think they already have him. Rookie DeMarcus Dobbs has looked absolutely nasty this preseason.

I would prefer CB. Along ways to go, however.

I share your optimism on the DL. We could maybe take a NT next year but that would depend on how Isaac Sopoaga plays. And i also have a feeling Ricky-Jean Francois could take over that spot, he's holding his ground as a NT and is more of a aggressive in the role- think a poor mans Jay Ratliff at this point.

From a positional standpoint, my personal view is if our QB's flop again than that most likely has to be the pick. If not QB, i'd go FS, CB, or WR with my first preference being FS.

General Zod
09-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Im definitely good with the Vikings pick. Martin or Kalil with the first pick works for me.

MicktheGreat
09-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Scott,

I think the Titans' pick here (CB Alfonzo Dennard) is a pretty solid choice. We have some decent young guys at CB in Jason McCourty and Alterraun Verner, but it remains to be seen if either can emerge as a #1 calibur CB for this team. [More likely, both are #2 calibur CBs.] There's also a very real possibility that Cortland Finnegan is NOT with the team next year, as his play significantly regressed last season and his attitude on the field has always been a concern.

Here are some other positions of concern:
LB: Rookie Ayers looks like the real deal so far. However, he might be all we have at LB. McRath looks bad, McCarthy is an injury waiting to happen, Witherspoon is old, and Ruud is only here on a 1-year deal. If we pick in the second half of Round 1, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the position that we took (depending on who's available).

SS: Chris Hope has looked better this preseason. But he was absolutely TERRIBLE last year, he's old, and there's no incumbent behind him on the roster. I'm not sure if there are any SS prospects worthy of a mid-to-late 1st Round pick, but this position will get some attention.

DE: At DE, we have a bunch of solid guys but no real difference makers -- unless you count Derrick Morgan, who has the potential to be a 10-sack guy but just can't stay healthy. If Morgan can somehow get his knee issues straightened out, then this position becomes a bit more secure.

Interior OL: Anyone who watched the Titans last year knows that we have some issues on the interior of our OL -- where Leroy Harris, Eugene Amano, and Jake Scott all had problems with consistency (especially with run-blocking). It's not really the Titans' style to draft for OL in early rounds; however, if we pick late in the 1st Round and if there's a good talent there, it wouldn't shock me if the team went for an OG.

WR: Everything here depends on Kenny Britt. If he can stay out of trouble and stay healthy, then WR isn't as much of a concern because he's a legit stud talent and we have some nice depth at the position. [Plus, I think OC Chris Palmer wants to use Jared Cook like a WR, which will take some pressure of the position.] Personally, I think Nate Washington is an OK #2 WR (not great but not terrible either) and Damien Williams has the potential to develop into a good #2 WR too. Unless Britt totally bombs or Justin Blackmon somehow falls to us, I don't really see us going WR in the 1st Round -- more like a 2nd-4th Round type pick for us.

Just my $.02...

Leon Sandcastle
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Bills need to address the LT and possibly the LG position but if they're picking at #2 they have to take Landry Jones or Matt Barkley.

There's a big dropoff from Jones and Barkley to Foles, Lindley and Cousins then there is Kalil, Martin to Datko and Adcock.

keylime_5
09-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd say the OTs will go

1-Kalil
2-Martin or Reiff
3-Reiff or Martin
4-Datko or Adams
5-Adams or Datko

then there is Adcock and maybe Potter (not a big fan) and guys like Glenn and Osemele who might be right tackles in the NFL if not guards.

I think Reiff is the 2nd OT off the board. He has better size and strength than Martin and is a much better athlete than Bulaga for a left tackle.

CJSchneider
09-02-2011, 10:39 PM
I loved the Saints pick. :(

Iamcanadian
09-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Kalil might work his way up into a top 5 pick but I don't think he is there just yet. Needs to add 20-25 lbs. While the Bills are desperate at LT, if Fitzpatrick doesn't have a winning season, QB is likely their pick.

A Spurrier WR going top 5 is very unlikely IMO, Jeffery will run a slow 40 at the combine and scare teams off. I won't be shocked if he lasts till late round 1 or even round 2.

Glenn is just another fat overweight prospect and could drop to round 3 if he shows up out of condition, at the combine.

Reiff looks pretty stiff to me to be a top 15 pick.

Scott Wright
09-06-2011, 01:14 PM

Yea, I went with the Redskins in part because I think they are going to be a bad team but also because they are in such a tough division. It may not happen though, there are plenty of legit contenders for #1. Buffalo in particular is going to be awful in my opinion.

Scott Wright
09-06-2011, 01:16 PM

A TON!

I almost hope a team that doesn't need a quarterback gets the top pick so we could see an Andrew Luck bidding war. Then again, there are probably only 3-5 teams in the league who have someone better than Luck and and wouldn't consider him at all.

Babylon
09-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Kalil might work his way up into a top 5 pick but I don't think he is there just yet. Needs to add 20-25 lbs. While the Bills are desperate at LT, if Fitzpatrick doesn't have a winning season, QB is likely their pick.

A Spurrier WR going top 5 is very unlikely IMO, Jeffery will run a slow 40 at the combine and scare teams off. I won't be shocked if he lasts till late round 1 or even round 2.

Glenn is just another fat overweight prospect and could drop to round 3 if he shows up out of condition, at the combine.

Reiff looks pretty stiff to me to be a top 15 pick.

Kalil looks to me like he's dropped about 15 since last year so it would appear that it was a conscious effot to get more mobile.

As for the Seattle pick of Barkely i couldnt agree more. I will take exception with the comment that Seattle somehow thinks that Tavarus Jackson is a starting QB in the NFL. I guess by definition they named him the starter so it speaks for itself but in reality i think they know he's nothing more than a stopgap to either Barkely or Luck.

Scott Wright
09-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I am a big fan of Kalil, I think he is potentially one of those franchise left tackle types.

JHL6719
09-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I certainly think it's possible for Gilmore to fall out of the 1st. He's kind of getting a pass, because of his great Freshman season. Because he def. struggled last year, and had his share of burnings. That said, I'd want him more than Janoris Jenkins if we were going corner with that pick.

I'm still not too high on CB yet, either. They just payed Scandrick starter money, so he's bound to start eventually (like it or not). And while Jenkins was awful last year, he's shown the ability to star in the past. I'm really hoping he'll return to form. This would then squash our apparent need at CB, at least in the 1st round.

I agree with you about Gilmore. I mean, I get the hype with Gilmore, I really do... but everytime I watch him he's either getting burned, getting outjumped/outmuscled for jumpballs, or playing bad technique and failing to get his head around and locate the football. The best example of the latter was Saturday against ECU when he gave up a TD in the redzone.

Gilmore can't even touch Janoris Jenkins in my opinion. Jenkins is one of the most naturally gifted cover corners I've seen in a long time. I thought Jenkins was the best cover cornerback in the country last year (yes, better than Patrick Peterson) but he's just not the physical beast/freak Peterson was (but who is?).

If Jenkins could make better decisions off the field and put the blunt down for a second, I think he has pro-bowl ability very soon in his NFL career.

Babylon
09-06-2011, 02:42 PM
No NFC West team in the playoffs, interesting prediction let's see how that pans out :p

Reiff would be a solid pick for the Cardinals ideally Levi Brown is a RG but Whis and Grimm don't see that. So no clue if we ever actually do address the position but I wouldn't mind.

Safety & WR could also be early picks maybe not in the 1st but if a player at either position is BPA on the board Graves isn't afraid to pull the trigger

Someone's got to win the division, right?

GaMeTiMe
09-08-2011, 01:18 AM
OL again is interesting for the Eagles. I can see them going LT of the future, especially with where they should be picking, and Herremans stays locked in at RT. Mathis I can see sticking here at LG, he's one of the more underrated linemen in the game.

The only other possible spot I can see them going in the 1st is DT. Dixon is a nice backup to Patterson and Jenkins, but he's a free agent and our DLs must be rotated, there really isn't that other guy waiting to step in.

shylo3716
09-08-2011, 03:34 PM
OL again is interesting for the Eagles. I can see them going LT of the future, especially with where they should be picking, and Herremans stays locked in at RT. Mathis I can see sticking here at LG, he's one of the more underrated linemen in the game.

The only other possible spot I can see them going in the 1st is DT. Dixon is a nice backup to Patterson and Jenkins, but he's a free agent and our DLs must be rotated, there really isn't that other guy waiting to step in.

Who is on your wish list for us within reach of the late 1st Round?

McBain
09-08-2011, 06:12 PM
After a perfect season the Superbowl champion Washington Redskins given the 1st pick for what commisioner Goodell called "unrestrained awesomeness."

Great mock, Scott!

thebow305
09-10-2011, 01:18 PM
LOVE the pick for the Phins and the new look for 2012.

Not in love with a top 10 pick though, definitely think we will be much improved from last season.

shylo3716
09-10-2011, 01:46 PM
LOVE the pick for the Phins and the new look for 2012.

Not in love with a top 10 pick though, definitely think we will be much improved from last season.

You should love it in all actuality if you are in reach of Trent Richardson when Bush is not an every down back & word is Thomas is in the dog house already.

Halsey
09-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Matt Barkley looked like a strong candidate to be the #2 pick last week.

Byrd430
09-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Janoris Jenkins to Dallas! Epic!

This pick satisfies me for this one reason.... Jenkins attended my favorite FBS school (florida), transferred to my favorite D2 school (No. Alabama), and then plays football for my favorite NFL squad (dallas).

I think Jenkins (provided he doesn't take a step back) and Mike Jenkins (provided his regression was a fluke (he played well against the Jets)), could be a nasty CB combo, and with Newman still on board, would provide relief for our secondary. I'd love the pick!