PDA

View Full Version : Did Terrelle Pryor score a 7 on his Wonderlic??

FUNBUNCHER
08-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Just what I heard today.

Not a bad score.....for a WR.

V.I.P
08-31-2011, 02:07 PM
http://ballerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/donovan-mcnabb-nfl2.jpg

jrdrylie
08-31-2011, 02:09 PM
How can anyone score a 7 on that test? I've taken it, and most of the questions are multiple choice. You should be able to get at least 10 by just guessing. The idiocy of professional athletes is astounding!

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 02:13 PM
every report that came out before today was that he got 27, not 7. that milwaukee journalist who says he got a 7 is a Michigan fan fwiw.

vidae
08-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Who cares what score he got? No one mistook Pryor for a Rhodes Scholar or anything.

niel89
08-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Well some people are mistaking him for a QB.

billybeejr
08-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Well some people are mistaking him for a QB.

I lol'd.

I've always felt that wonderlic doesn't matter at all. What did Marino and Kelley get again?

Trust me, when Pryor fails at the quarterback postion, it will be because he isn't accurate, not because he failed a math test.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 06:08 PM
Vince Young scored a 6. Some say because of Marino's what 13 is that it doesn't really matter? That's rare that a QB scores that low and is successful. Marino is a different type of personality and character than guys like Vince Young and Terrell Pryor./

Yes, the wonderlic is a big factor. Vince Young scored a 7 and he's a back up. However, didn't Alex SMith absolutely dominate that test. His problem is 8 different offensive schemes in his career, which is absolutely terrible to go year in and year out learning a new offense.

BeerBaron
08-31-2011, 06:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/31/pryor-got-a-wonderlic-mulligan-too/

Everyone should get a do over...It's one of those things where if you took it twice, having some idea of what it would be like that 2nd time, you'd do better.

...not that these really mean all that much.

niel89
08-31-2011, 06:26 PM
I understand how you would do better on your second attempt. I just don't understand how people don't prepare for this.

phlysac
08-31-2011, 06:31 PM
I understand how you would do better on your second attempt. I just don't understand how people don't prepare for this.

Yeah, any agent or pre-draft "team" worth a salt would have plenty of Wonderlic tests for their clients to practice. The main issue is (at least in my opinion) that many of the athletes simply don't care about the test.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Terrelle Pryor - QB - Raiders

Raiders rookie QB Terrelle Pryor claims that he scored a 22 on his Wonderlic test before the supplemental draft.
A previous reported stated that Pryor scored a miniscule seven, but Pryor claims differently. Steelers GM Kevin Colbert says he conducted the test at Pryor's Pro Day, and the results were "significantly" better than a seven. According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Pryor actually took the test twice; he scored a seven the first time and a 21 on the second.

SolidGold
08-31-2011, 07:39 PM
I wonder why the Steelers had such a large role in organizing Pryor's pro day. I can't really recall any other supplemental draft prospect getting that kind of treatment from a pro team.

BeerBaron
08-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I wonder why the Steelers had such a large role in organizing Pryor's pro day. I can't really recall any other supplemental draft prospect getting that kind of treatment from a pro team.

Competitive advantage. The better they could make him look, the higher of pick some other team would waste on him.

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Competitive advantage. The better they could make him look, the higher of pick some other team would waste on him.

I think we all knew Al Davis would do anything possible to get him as soon as he witnessed his pure athletic ability and 40 time.

keylime_5
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM

because it was held in Pittsburgh, which is where TP is from.

YAYareaRB
08-31-2011, 09:17 PM
alex smith got a high score, vince young got a low score. shows how much this test means

bucfan12
08-31-2011, 09:30 PM
alex smith got a high score, vince young got a low score. shows how much this test means

Alex Smith's problem was learning a new offensive playbook and scheme year in and year out and having terrible coaching his entire career.

You can't do that to a young QB when they are starting there career like that. Look at most of the successful QBs in the league. They all have continuity. Manning had the same offensive coordinater and scheme his whole career. Brady had Bellicheck since day 1 in the same scheme. McNabb, Rivers, Eli, Roethlisbuerger, etc.

Yes, some of these QBs expereinced coaching changes, but schemes stayed the same and coaching was always pretty good.

San Fransisco's personel decision making when it came to coaches were awful during Smith's whole career. I still think he'll get a chance, probably 2 years with Harbaugh.

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2011, 10:15 PM
We're talking about a QB that was quoted as saying "everyone kills people"...

Is anyone really surprised?

Raiderz4Life
08-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Pryor's gonna suck in the NFL. I'm sure of it. Why couldn't he stumble during his 40 or have Al look the other way. Fml.

NotRickJames
08-31-2011, 11:51 PM
I have no doubt he's an idiot, and I have no doubt he actually scored a 7.

Is it a big deal? No. JaMarcus Russell scored a 24.

Bucs_Rule
08-31-2011, 11:52 PM

A low score is a knock against a QB, doesn't mean he won't work out, just most that score bad don't.

Not much difference between having a great score and a good score.

Don't have to be a genius, just don't be an idiot.

Pat Sims 90
09-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Just hearing him talk makes me think he actually scored a 7 on the test. Everytime i see him i think of the Everyone Kills people, murders people and steals quote.

fenikz
09-01-2011, 12:44 AM
We're talking about a QB that was quoted as saying "everyone kills people"...

Is anyone really surprised?

lol that is simply amazing

descendency
09-01-2011, 08:12 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/31/pryor-got-a-wonderlic-mulligan-too/

Everyone should get a do over...It's one of those things where if you took it twice, having some idea of what it would be like that 2nd time, you'd do better.

...not that these really mean all that much.

Most people would get 35-40 on a second try though...

nobodyinparticular
09-01-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll just go ahead and link to this two year old thread.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35663

Scorpion05
09-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I thought people learned by now that the Wonderlic is no longer a good measure of a good player. Some of the smartest Qbs aren't that good...some Qbs are just gamers. I think with development he will do well