PDA

View Full Version : Players with the Most to Prove this Year:

Ozzy
08-31-2011, 10:25 PM
These are players that I think have the most to prove this season.

Jacory Harris SR QB Miami FL: Quite possibly no player in the country has to improve his performance move off of last year than Jacory Harris. And to make matters worse the trouble and games lost because of off the field actions. A once considered promising composed young quarterback is now to many a lackadaisical, unemotional and inaccurate quarterback. He has this year to turn it around, and what was once interpreted as calm under pressure is clearly not the case because he did not perform that well under pressure last season and his physical frailness is a major issue as well.

Jack Crawford SR DE Penn State: A big physical and imposing defensive end, looks tough, looks the part but last year he really laid an egg. Very unproductive season getting after the quarterback and he did not make as many plays on the football field as he should have.

DC Jefferson SR TE Rutgers: He has ideal size for a tight end, huge man, big waist, thick kid, and promising athlete. However he has never really been dominant at tight end and has really underachieved as a pass catcher.

Nelson Rosario SR WR UCLA: A very gifted receiver, a big strong kid and has impressive hands when he gets his opportunities. Yes, his quarterback situation is a disaster but he still has to produce more than he has been during his career.

TJ Bryant SR CB USC: So far he has only shown flashes at USC, has the absolute potential of being a elite top flight corner back. He is quick, fast, plays with good anticipation and is an improving tackler when he puts his mind to it. But injuries have slowed his career a great deal and this is his last year to prove those injuries are behind him.

Blake Gideon SR FS Texas: Was a real breakout player as a young prospect, had great seasons those first two years. But last year he took a step back, without Earl Thomas by his side at safety it was a very different defensive backfield. Gideon is getting a lot less interceptions than he used to and is not impacting the game in the way he did early in his career.

Dan Buckner SR WR Arizona: Transferred out of Texas, now starting a new in Arizona where he will have to finally show the potential that he has and prove it on the field. He is a tall kid, long arms, big hands but will have to improve route running and ability to get separation a great deal if he hopes to play at the next level.

Stephfon Green SR RB Penn State: A huge disappointment in Happy Valley so far, Green has such potential as a young player but has never really been consistent on the football field at all. He is close to not even being considered an NFL prospect. A very speedy back but never really has put together a solid season or became a proven ground gainer that could take contact. He now has the chance to shine with Royster moving onto the NFL, but if not do not be surprised if another back takes his place in Redd.

Dont’a Hightower SR OLB Alabama: On this list, he is probably the most productive and consistent player. However his ceiling is much higher than most. At times last year he looked lazy and slow in coverage and at times did not seem to give that maxium power effort you expect out of a tank like him. Nonetheless, if he increases his intensity and effort this year, I expect him to be a potential 1st round draft pick.

Russell Shepard JR WR LSU: It is time to become a real receiver. He is committed to the change and is not playing quarterback any longer. His speed is very impressive but he has to improve his route running and overall fluidity at the position. If he works on his receiver technique and improves those aspects of his game, he has potential to be a very good receiver prospect.

Sean Fisher JR OLB Nebraska: Has never really got involved at Nebraska. Big kid, tall, great frame for a defensive end or a OLB. Yet on the field did not play much because of injury issues. Lucky for him he is just a junior this year but he will have to pick up his game greatly and star showing up on the field playing up to his maxium potential.

Malcolm Williams SR WR Texas: He really has never taken off as a receiver at Texas. He is always just one of the bunch, never separating himself from his teammates much less receivers across the country. He has great height and size but his production is lacking and his explosive playmaking abilities has to improve, as does his consistency.

TJ McDonald JR FS USC: A great athlete and has big time open field speed. However last year as a starter he was a big question mark and his tackling was not very good at all. He has the athletic ability to be a very elite free safety with his recovery speed. But if he does not improve his tackling in the open field and his toughness he will struggle.

Broderick Green SR RB Arkansas: A very talented running back, big kid, has worlds of potential but has yet to really show that during the season. He has had success but has never been the feature back. And now with Kniles Davis out for this year it is his time to shine.

CashmoneyDrew
08-31-2011, 10:42 PM
When it comes to QB I think there are a ton of QBs that have way more to prove than Jacory Harris. Mainly because they'll be ones with a shot at the pros. Jacory Harris is undraftable barring multiple miracles.

tjsunstein
08-31-2011, 10:42 PM
The people off of the top my head aren't exactly prospects that need to step up aren't as desperate as the above.

Bruce Irvin - Right now, I think he's up in the higher part of the first, 16+, but he needs to show more against the run. If he struggles a lot, he could drop out of the first. No one is going to draft a situational pass rusher in the first. Would they purposely?

I'll post more when they come to mind.

Ozzy
08-31-2011, 10:47 PM
CashmoneyDrew When it comes to QB I think there are a ton of QBs that have way more to prove than Jacory Harris. Mainly because they'll be ones with a shot at the pros. Jacory Harris is undraftable barring multiple miracles.True, but after his freshman year he looked like he had tons or promise. But then turns out he is not calm and cool in the clutch, he is just crazy lackadaisical and extremely injury prone.

Da Big Harv
08-31-2011, 10:49 PM
solid list altho Brodrick Green is out for the year with a torn ACL

I'd also nominate Chris Galippo to that list as he has had a lackluster career thus far

NotRickJames
08-31-2011, 11:56 PM
John Brantley. I'm optimistic that Weis can turn him into something good.

tjsunstein
09-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Matt Reynolds, T BYU

Ozzy
09-01-2011, 06:51 AM
Da Big Harv solid list altho Brodrick Green is out for the year with a torn ACL

I'd also nominate Chris Galippo to that list as he has had a lackluster career thus farReally Green is done for the year as well, that is too bad, well Ronnie Wingo time I guess in Arkansas, he is very talented as a running back as well.

Good call on Galippo, that guy is a dog, coming out of high school I thought he was going to be way better than Maualuga. Turns out he has underachieved big time. Does not make many big plays during games, does not show good instincts or tackling ability in the open field. Good call, he really has to show something this being his last year, and thank goodness for him he was even able to come for another season.

jerry0503222
09-13-2011, 03:55 AM
When it comes to QB I think there are a ton of QBs that have way more to prove than Jacory Harris. Mainly because they'll be ones with a shot at the pros. Jacory Harris is undraftable barring multiple miracles.

Hurricanes25
09-13-2011, 12:24 PM
******* Jerry just copied and pasted CashmoneyDrew's post.