PDA

View Full Version : Jermarcus "Yoshi" Hardrick, OT, Nebraska

Duffman57
09-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm just curious, how has this guy slipped through the cracks, so much so that he hasn't even been MENTIONED on anyone's bigboard or anything. This guy is an absolute Mauler for Nebraska and is absolutely relentless.

Anyone even ever heard of this guy? He reminds me alot of now Ravens starting RT Jah Reid last year, with that big frame and that nasty mentality.

Here's a Highlight Vid of him from last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcFSQBPJfdo

TACKLE
09-01-2011, 03:05 PM
He was a name who was on my radar heading into last season but a name I forgot about. I love his physicality, love his tenacity and love the way he finishes his blocks. You can see some raw natural athleticism but you can also see how raw he is technically. I'm not going to immediately give him the "RT or G" tag but he still needs to development before he can prove that he can pass protect on the next level. Still, he looks like he could be a monster at guard. He will be one I'm going to keep a very close eye on this season.

FUNBUNCHER
09-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Can he change his first name??

I'm superstitious.

coordinator0
09-01-2011, 03:34 PM
FWIW, Reid isn't starting at RT for the Ravens. McKinnie will be the LT and Oher is starting on the right side.

Duffman57
09-01-2011, 03:39 PM
FWIW, Reid isn't starting at RT for the Ravens. McKinnie will be the LT and Oher is starting on the right side.

Ah, right, but nevertheless, he reminds me of a more athletic version of Reid.

Ozzy
09-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Jeremiah Sirles is listed ahead of him on the depth chart is he not? Looks like an ok player, but I would not call him a total maller just yet, Keith Williams had a much more impressive highlight reel in college, but he was only a 6th round pick and lucky to be that. Be interesting to see how he does, for sure will watch out for him. No way is he Jah Reid though, Reid was a lot stronger I feel than this guy.

And they took it off youtube looks like but Toniu Fonoti's highlight reel makes all of these guys look like babies. That guy absolutely destroyed defensive players, and pancaked them to the dirt constantly.

coordinator0 FWIW, Reid isn't starting at RT for the Ravens. McKinnie will be the LT and Oher is starting on the right side.If they start McKinnie, Flacco is going to physically die this season. ;o)

bucfan12
09-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Ozzy,

Oher struggled tremendously on the left side last year. And he didn't show much improvement tehre during Camp and pre-season. I think that's why they felt the need to get McKinnie, because when he gets into shape, he's a solid LT.

Ozzy
09-01-2011, 05:30 PM
bucfan12 Ozzy,

Oher struggled tremendously on the left side last year. And he didn't show much improvement tehre during Camp and pre-season. I think that's why they felt the need to get McKinnie, because when he gets into shape, he's a solid LT.True he is talented, but his best years are far behind him I feel. Last year on Minnesota he was really suspect and with speed rushers he gets absolute killed off the edge at times. Sure maybe if he gets it back together but really, the guy is past his prime and eats too much. Bad sign when he is a second year player and goes to the local food court at the Mall during meal time at training camp.... ;o)

Maybe Ray Lewis can motivate him, because if he was still good, why else would the Vikings cut him? He came to camp out of shape and they cut a left tackle when the Vikings really need a left tackle and sign Charlie Johnson to take his place, an average player at best. That says a lot about McKinnie's current condition I feel.

drd23
09-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Last year on Minnesota he was really suspect and with speed rushers he gets absolute killed off the edge at times.

Thats not any different to what Oher was like at LT