PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Miami Dolphins Season Thread

Da-Phins
09-02-2011, 10:37 AM
One more week then its on like Donkey Kong. Lets keep it active in here!

Da-Phins
09-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Well the cuts are made and the roster is set(for now). Whats everyone thoughts on how this team will do this season? Playoffs? The most I can see this team winning is 8 games. I'm not concerned with the defense and ST's but I think the offense will continue to hold this team back and keep us from being good.

gpngc
09-04-2011, 12:13 PM
LOVE MIA this year LOLZ.

Da-Phins
09-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Nevermind..

gpngc
09-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Trolling are we?

Wouldnt make sense if you were since Dolphins are in better shape then the Seahawks. Jackson as your QB? LOLZ

No I'm dead serious. Check the thread I started in pro football section. Not even MIA fans are backing me up. As if it's IMPOSSIBLE they have a surprise year.

We shall see.

Da-Phins
09-04-2011, 02:24 PM
No I'm dead serious. Check the thread I started in pro football section. Not even MIA fans are backing me up. As if it's IMPOSSIBLE they have a surprise year.

We shall see.

Oh my bad good sir. The LOLZ threw me off. Well your more positive about them then I am. I hope your right though.

Da-Phins
09-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Tomorrow night baby! Game on!

draftguru151
09-18-2011, 07:43 AM
We GOTTA get this forum alive. I know there are some Phin fans on the site. WAKE UP!!! Texans today!

Da-Phins
09-18-2011, 01:28 PM
We GOTTA get this forum alive. I know there are some Phin fans on the site. WAKE UP!!! Texans today!

Lets get it! Feels like this is a must win game. Texans have a good TE duo so this is gonna be a huge test for our defense to see if then can improve or not. Dont think this team is talented enough to overcome a 0-2 start.

Da-Phins
09-18-2011, 06:38 PM
So I guess its safe to see this season is going to be a failure? 1-11 in last 12 homes games? You ******* kidding me? Fans have every right to not show up to the game.

But on the other hand, Bill Cowher and Andrew Luck we coming for you baby!

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 07:08 PM
The dolphins defense is garbage...that secondary needs to be rebuilt

Da-Phins
09-22-2011, 10:05 AM
The dolphins defense is garbage...that secondary needs to be rebuilt

Yep, pretty much. It appears letting go of Crowder was a mistake. The guy never made plays and was just there but he has the smarts (believe it or not) and lines up the guys where they should be. Burnett run defense is no where to be found and Dansby is looking a bit slower and outta shape. Bell has lost a step and our corners need to get in ******* shape aswell and stay healthy. Im looking at you Davis. But on the bright side Nate Jones was brought back so maybe we wont see Carroll out on the field anymore. Thats a win itself.

Grizzlegom
09-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Sorry I've been invisible...in any event, Dansby's groin is limiting him, the cutting of Crowder has been a downgrade due to Dansby being injured and Burnett looking bad in run defense. Crowder was also the defensive captain and as much as he talked too much, he made sure everyone was lined up correctly and was a stud run stuffer.

I think the secondary would be better if Chris Clemons was healthy and in the lineup. Reshad Jones has just been AWFUL. Takes poor angles, is a huge liability in coverage, bites on any half-assed fake the QB decides to try. Sean Smith and Vontae have actually been as good as I expected, its just that not a single other player on the team can cover. Bell's age and injury history are showing some but he'd still be more than serviceable if our FS had any coverage ability whatsoever.

Still can't believe Carroll remains on this team. Stupid politics keeping him around despite being outperformed by everyone.

Offensively, Davone Bess has been invisible on third down this year and without Polite, nobody has stepped up to show they can handle the third and short opportunities. In the red zone, B-Marsh is our only weapon and between poor execution by Henne and half-assed routes by Marshall, the force-feeding him the ball thing has failed miserably. Henne used to be sooo good on bootlegs and Daboll hasn't utilized that strength at all, probably because Marc Colombo can't pass block to save his life and Carey is too out of shape to even push him for that RT spot again. Reggie Bush's disappearing act in the second game was ridiculous. I understand letting DT have the ball since he's got the hot hand but utilize Bush in the slot then or go with a two-RB set. You can't just leave the most explosive player on your offense on the sideline.

This Cleveland game is a must-win (obviously), if we go 0-4, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sparano canned although idk who would be interim since Mike Nolan's unit is the one that's underperforming. I was super optimistic coming into this season as I saw improvement from Henne and I thought the defense would be a top-5 unit. Its only been two games so there's still plenty of time to turn things around but I'm bracing myself for a long season...

SolidGold
09-23-2011, 01:23 PM
I was really surprised how the offense seemed to go away from Bush in game two. I think having Bush out there as a decoy really helped Chad Henne. Hopefully they get back to that, I actually think Henne could be a solid QB but they need a constant running game and Bush out there in space either make plays or serve as a decoy.

Da-Phins
09-24-2011, 10:28 AM
I was really surprised how the offense seemed to go away from Bush in game two. I think having Bush out there as a decoy really helped Chad Henne. Hopefully they get back to that, I actually think Henne could be a solid QB but they need a constant running game and Bush out there in space either make plays or serve as a decoy.

Yeah, I was wondering why they wasnt using Bush all that much but it turns out he was being limited cause of a minor injury. It also didnt help him with Thomas having a good day running the ball.

Da-Phins
09-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Sorry I've been invisible...in any event, Dansby's groin is limiting him, the cutting of Crowder has been a downgrade due to Dansby being injured and Burnett looking bad in run defense. Crowder was also the defensive captain and as much as he talked too much, he made sure everyone was lined up correctly and was a stud run stuffer.

I think the secondary would be better if Chris Clemons was healthy and in the lineup. Reshad Jones has just been AWFUL. Takes poor angles, is a huge liability in coverage, bites on any half-assed fake the QB decides to try. Sean Smith and Vontae have actually been as good as I expected, its just that not a single other player on the team can cover. Bell's age and injury history are showing some but he'd still be more than serviceable if our FS had any coverage ability whatsoever.

Still can't believe Carroll remains on this team. Stupid politics keeping him around despite being outperformed by everyone.

Offensively, Davone Bess has been invisible on third down this year and without Polite, nobody has stepped up to show they can handle the third and short opportunities. In the red zone, B-Marsh is our only weapon and between poor execution by Henne and half-assed routes by Marshall, the force-feeding him the ball thing has failed miserably. Henne used to be sooo good on bootlegs and Daboll hasn't utilized that strength at all, probably because Marc Colombo can't pass block to save his life and Carey is too out of shape to even push him for that RT spot again. Reggie Bush's disappearing act in the second game was ridiculous. I understand letting DT have the ball since he's got the hot hand but utilize Bush in the slot then or go with a two-RB set. You can't just leave the most explosive player on your offense on the sideline.

This Cleveland game is a must-win (obviously), if we go 0-4, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sparano canned although idk who would be interim since Mike Nolan's unit is the one that's underperforming. I was super optimistic coming into this season as I saw improvement from Henne and I thought the defense would be a top-5 unit. Its only been two games so there's still plenty of time to turn things around but I'm bracing myself for a long season...

See my previous post. And I noticed a couple times Thomas and Bush were in the backfield at the same time. Daboll said this week that we will see more of that.

Da-Phins
09-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Gotta get it done today boys!

Grizzlegom
09-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Henne has officially turned into the QB that everyone wanted us to trade for, Kyle Orton. He's going to put up really good numbers this year which makes people who don't actually watch the games think he's a good NFL QB but he is just awful on 3rd down, in the redzone, and on potential game-winning drives. Although its not like he's getting ANY help from his "upgraded" skill position players and offensive line. The more I watch, the more I blame Henne less as there is absolutely nobody getting open in those pressure situations.

Da-Phins
09-25-2011, 05:05 PM
My little faith in Henne is officially gone. He will never lead us anywhere and neither will Tony Sparano. Its time for a big change to this franchise.

draftguru151
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Lets gooooooooo Matt Barkley. And some awesome offensive coordinator as the HC.

SolidGold
09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Lets gooooooooo Matt Barkley. And some awesome offensive coordinator as the HC.

Barkley over Luck?

draftguru151
09-25-2011, 06:53 PM
We're not first overall pick bad....

Grizzlegom
09-25-2011, 10:11 PM
I haven't really lost all faith in Henne, I still think he can be a serviceable game manager that could get a team to the second round of the playoffs but I've lost all faith in this coaching staff and I have lost faith in him as a potential franchise QB.

I've been telling myself that the defense alone would get us to 7 wins again but the offense has been so bad in the red zone that I'm beginning to question it. Jake Long is clearly still injured and is getting worse every week, Incognito is a natural RG that has been terrible at LG and I still have no idea why they insist on playing him there, Pouncey has actually been our best lineman but he's still got some rookie inconsistencies, Carey was still adjusting to OG plus is hurt now, and Colombo was the worst RT in the NFL last year so I have no idea why they thought he'd be an upgrade.

Sparano needs to get fired during the bye week, there have been numerous reports that Jason Taylor has more sway with the team than Sparano does. They aren't responding to anyone on the coaching staff. Not sure who the team would actually rally around as I don't think they'd rally around Nolan or Daboll plus Nolan has had his chance and Daboll has been an awful OC for three different teams now. Bowles seems like a logical choice but his secondary is one of the units that's underperforming...At the end of the day, I really think whoever our next coach is will have a better team to work with than Saban, Cameron, or Sparano did and I still think the team, as constituted currently, could be a playoff team but whoever it is will need to get more out of the talent and actually try to create gameplans that utilizes the talent to the best of their abilities, as opposed to continue trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

If we aren't in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, idk who I'd want yet. I've always been more of a Landry Jones fan than a Barkley fan but neither one has really impressed me this season and I honestly wouldn't have either as a top ten pick right now.

Da-Phins
09-26-2011, 10:24 AM
We are a bad team but I dont think we suck enough to get "lucky" for Luck. The Colts, Seahawks and Chiefs will battle it out this season for the first pick IMO. I do think its a lock we will get a top 5 pick so hopefully we will grab either Jones or Barkley. We need a QB the worst and I'm tired of all these rejects we've been bringing in since Marino retired. Time to make an aggressive move and bring in a franchise caliber QB.

Brown Leader
09-26-2011, 11:58 PM
I haven't really lost all faith in Henne, I still think he can be a serviceable game manager that could get a team to the second round of the playoffs but I've lost all faith in this coaching staff and I have lost faith in him as a potential franchise QB.

I've been telling myself that the defense alone would get us to 7 wins again but the offense has been so bad in the red zone that I'm beginning to question it. Jake Long is clearly still injured and is getting worse every week, Incognito is a natural RG that has been terrible at LG and I still have no idea why they insist on playing him there, Pouncey has actually been our best lineman but he's still got some rookie inconsistencies, Carey was still adjusting to OG plus is hurt now, and Colombo was the worst RT in the NFL last year so I have no idea why they thought he'd be an upgrade.

Sparano needs to get fired during the bye week, there have been numerous reports that Jason Taylor has more sway with the team than Sparano does. They aren't responding to anyone on the coaching staff. Not sure who the team would actually rally around as I don't think they'd rally around Nolan or Daboll plus Nolan has had his chance and Daboll has been an awful OC for three different teams now. Bowles seems like a logical choice but his secondary is one of the units that's underperforming...At the end of the day, I really think whoever our next coach is will have a better team to work with than Saban, Cameron, or Sparano did and I still think the team, as constituted currently, could be a playoff team but whoever it is will need to get more out of the talent and actually try to create gameplans that utilizes the talent to the best of their abilities, as opposed to continue trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

If we aren't in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, idk who I'd want yet. I've always been more of a Landry Jones fan than a Barkley fan but neither one has really impressed me this season and I honestly wouldn't have either as a top ten pick right now.

Actually he was fairly good in Cleveland last year. This year, I know Henne is terrible in the red zone, but it seems like the offense is much better than last years. I could imagine Daboll getting a shot at the HC if Sparano was let go. But still, ultimately I see Fisher being the next coach.

Da-Phins
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Actually he was fairly good in Cleveland last year. This year, I know Henne is terrible in the red zone, but it seems like the offense is much better than last years. I could imagine Daboll getting a shot at the HC if Sparano was let go. But still, ultimately I see Fisher being the next coach.

Nooo thanks. Believe I will pass on Daball being the next HC. Fisher is a way better option. I'm hoping for either Gruden, Cowher or Fisher to be the next coach. This team needs an experienced, proven guy to come in here and turn this team around and help sell tickets.

Grizzlegom
09-27-2011, 10:23 AM
At this point I want Gruden just because I want an offensive guy. I'd be happy with Cowher as well.

Grizzlegom
09-28-2011, 06:45 PM
We claimed Slaton...yay?

draftguru151
09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
CHAMPIONSHIP!i

Da-Phins
09-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Psh...more like dynasty.

Da-Phins
10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
LMAO this is just hilarious and down right sad now. Dolphins have reached out to Garrard and Delhomme but so far both has turned us down. Nobody wants to come to this mess. Not even one of the worst QB's on the market.

Grizzlegom
10-05-2011, 11:45 AM
At this rate, if Henne is out for the season we'll be rocking Moore and Devlin because none of the veterans will want to play for us. Awesome.

dolfan75071
10-05-2011, 02:10 PM
If we win the "Luck Sweepstakes" that will be the Silver lining from the trifecta. That will be their legacy and if it happens I for one will be thankful. :)

Bye Bye Trifecta

Hello new HC and Luck.

Would number 7 be a cursed number for Luck? haha

Grizzlegom
10-06-2011, 09:19 AM
We're working out Jim Sorgi!!! The savior of our franchise is coming.

Grizzlegom
10-06-2011, 12:29 PM
and just like that Sage Rosenfels has officially become our backup QB...again.

Da-Phins
10-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Since we all know that Sparano is gone after the season who are some coaches you guys would like to see replace him besides the top three guys (Fisher, Cowher and Gruden)?

Rex right hand man Mike Pettine is an interesting guy who I wouldnt mind being brought in.

4U2NV
10-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I would love to see us get Cowher, I think he's the best coach available with Fisher being a close second. I'm not really a big fan of Gruden but he'd definitely be an upgrade on Sparano.

The biggest thing though is cheering for 0-16, I want Luck. This team is going nowhere so why win 4 or 5 games and get stuck with Landry Jones? It still burns me that we could have had Drew Brees twice, we're still trying to replace Marino 12 years later.

Grizzlegom
10-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Idk who I want honestly. I liked Brian Schottenheimer and Russ Grimm as head coaching candidates back when we hired the trifecta and both are still looking for a head gig but at the same time, neither have done much of anything to help their stock, in fact both have gone backwards.

I like Cowher a lot and would definitely welcome him. Also not the biggest Gruden fan. Definitely don't like Billick even though it seems many still like him. A lesser known guy that I like is Pete Carmichael, New Orleans' offensive coordinator.

Da-Phins
10-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Idk who I want honestly. I liked Brian Schottenheimer and Russ Grimm as head coaching candidates back when we hired the trifecta and both are still looking for a head gig but at the same time, neither have done much of anything to help their stock, in fact both have gone backwards.

I like Cowher a lot and would definitely welcome him. Also not the biggest Gruden fan. Definitely don't like Billick even though it seems many still like him. A lesser known guy that I like is Pete Carmichael, New Orleans' offensive coordinator.

Yeah, thats a guy I think should come in for an interview(when the HC interview process has begun) to pick his brains and see what he's all about. Only problem with him is that he never called plays before up to my knowledge.

Da-Phins
10-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Anyone else thinking that tomorrow night's game is going to be fugly for us? The Jets attacking defense is going to kill our OL and Moore.

Grizzlegom
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
full on Suck for Luck mode.

Da-Phins
10-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Gruden and Luck sure would be an epic duo together. Ahhh a man can dream.

Anyway, here's some interesting news.....

So Ross is apparently planning ways to make sure the future isn’t spent in the same AFC East cellar where the team currently resides. And that means needing a plan for beyond 2011.
The limited portions of the plan sources have shared with The Miami Herald would go into effect as early as January if the team doesn’t turn things around. And the known parts of the plan are as simple as this:
Ross wants a franchise quarterback at the helm in 2012. He is said to be committed to veer away from any attempt that would add a “caretaker” quarterback as a potential starter. He is said to be tired of watching the Dolphins field backups disguised as starters.

He wants his football people to find a quarterback that can compete either immediately or eventually on the same level as the NFL’s elite quarterbacks.
Ross is apparently so committed to doing this that the source confirmed it was the owner himself who told Jeff Ireland to shut down the attempt to add Kyle Orton in the summer when the general manager was still trying to trade for the Denver quarterback.
“Orton is a nice quarterback,” the source said. “But he’s not a franchise quarterback, and we weren’t going to pay him like one when he isn’t one.”
It doesn’t stop there. Ross is so focused on getting his team a franchise quarterback that he has told friends, much as losses pain him in the short-term, he’s aware they offer long-term gain because they put Miami in better position to pick Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck in the next draft.
So who is going to pick and coach the franchise quarterback Ross covets?
Sources close to Ross said the owner is open to either hiring a superstar head coach who would have final say over all of football operations or hiring a football czar type who would hire a coach and either hire a general manager or serve as the GM while having final say over all personnel moves.

It’s impossible to predict which direction the Dolphins will be able to go. But this much is possible to predict:
Ross intends to hire a star.
If he hires a coach, his plan is to hire a proven name — someone such as Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher, Jon Gruden or someone else who might be available. That coach will have final say over all football matters. He would pick his GM and have final say over everyone in football operations.

Me like!

4U2NV
10-18-2011, 05:17 PM
I love the sounds of that but I would also like an elite owner to go along with an elite QB and an elite Head Coach. However, this might be the best thing Ross has done for the team since he's been in charge. I think it's obvious that the team has tuned out Sparano and he needs to go, but it's pointless to fire him now and bring in somebody else because that plan very easily could backfire. The team rallies around the new coach, plays with newfound intensity and wins a couple of games and then we're out of the Suck For Luck race. Keeping Tony for the remainder of the season is IMO the best way for us to win that top pick then as soon as January rolls around, Tony's gone, new coach is in and Luck is as good as our's!

4U2NV
10-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Man that was close, we nearly won a game. Phew.

Da-Phins
10-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Silly me for thinking we had this game won when we was up 15-0 with little time left. I should have known better then that.

draftguru151
10-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Man we can lose with style.

Grizzlegom
10-31-2011, 07:17 AM
Another one bites the dust. St. Louis finally gets a win. Still hoping Peyton comes back for the final 4 games or so and they get 2-3 wins. Ideal situation for me would be that Indy and Jax split their two games, Indy beats Ten at home and we beat Washington. I don't want to go defeated but in that scenario, we'd get only one win while everyone else got to two (assuming StL and Ari pick up some wins in conference play which would be shocking if they didn't as both of their schedules get MUCH easier the rest of the way).

Da-Phins
11-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that we could win today's game?

draftguru151
11-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Don't talk crazy dude.

Grizzlegom
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that we could win today's game?

Thanks for jinxing it. Here's hoping to find yet another way to lose a game firmly in our grasp.

4U2NV
11-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm depressed.

draftguru151
11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Maybe the Colts will swap the first pick for the 2nd if we give up a few firsts.

Oh well. Reggie Bush!!!!!!!!!!

4U2NV
11-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Maybe the Colts will swap the first pick for the 2nd if we give up a few firsts.

Oh well. Reggie Bush!!!!!!!!!!

That's our only hope and I would honestly do it. This year's 1st, 2nd and 3rd, next year's 1st and 3rd to the Colts.

I honestly don't want any of the other QBs in this class. Landry Jones can't handle pressure or a pass rush and I don't trust USC QBs to become elite pros.

Grizzlegom
11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Who knows, maybe Manning will play the last 4 weeks and go 3-1 or something. Still not out of the Luck sweepstakes but no longer in the co-driver's seat. Personally still think Barkley is a GREAT consolation prize.

Da-Phins
11-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks for jinxing it. Here's hoping to find yet another way to lose a game firmly in our grasp.

I should "jinx" them more often then. I like seeing my team win.

4U2NV
11-07-2011, 09:16 AM

I would rather see my team win a Super Bowl, which we won't do if we continually miss out on the best prospects by picking too low or squeaking into the playoffs with a roster that can't go toe-to-toe with the league's elite.

Da-Phins
11-07-2011, 09:25 AM
I would rather see my team win a Super Bowl, which we won't do if we continually miss out on the best prospects by picking too low or squeaking into the playoffs with a roster that can't go toe-to-toe with the league's elite.

True, but Luck isnt the only guy that could possibly take us there one day. There are others out there, just gotta find them.

I wouldnt mind taking a look at Manning if the Colts decide to let him go and start Luck from day one. Take Manning and then draft a QB in the 1st round and let him learn and develop for a couple years.

Grizzlegom
11-07-2011, 09:38 AM

Yea, that was a knee-jerk reaction. I wanted to hit myself for that after the game. Turned around and hit myself for that. Loved getting a victory, particularly in that dominating fashion.

4U2NV
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
True, but Luck isnt the only guy that could possibly take us there one day. There are others out there, just gotta find them.

I wouldnt mind taking a look at Manning if the Colts decide to let him go and start Luck from day one. Take Manning and then draft a QB in the 1st round and let him learn and develop for a couple years.

Do you actually think that we'd be able to find that guy though? This is afterall the Miami Dolphins we're talking about, we haven't exactly been known for our solid scouting and great drafts (ie - Ginn over Revis/Willis, John Beck, Pat White etc.). That was another main reason for wanting/needing the top pick, even we couldn't have screwed that up.

As for Manning, I have no use for the guy. I don't want to try chasing a guy's reputation instead of evaluating the player as he is today. It would be like Daunte Culpepper all over again.

Da-Phins
11-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I dont see why not. We are bound to hit gold at some point. I fully expect that whoever the new coach and maybe new GM is will go all out on finding a franchise QB and making that a #1 priority. This current regime was too busy building the tranches and not focusing on a QB as much as you would hope. That should change next offseason.

And I would have to disagree with you on Manning. Manning is no Culpepper. You are talking about two totally different types of QB.

Grizzlegom
11-13-2011, 07:58 PM
2 games into a 9 game winning streak...wooooo!!

draftguru151
11-13-2011, 10:53 PM
See now I'm mad we blew all those close games, we should have like 5 wins. :/

Grizzlegom
11-14-2011, 06:48 AM
See now I'm mad we blew all those close games, we should have like 5 wins. :/

Agreed. Amazing how Dansby is coming out and talking about how he's finally in shape. I think that's the case for a LOT of players on the team. Sucks thinking what our record could be if they actually took care of themselves in the offseason.

Da-Phins
11-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Two game winning streak baby! You know what that means....

SUPERBOWLZZZZ!!!!!

And the fact that we now have no shot at Andrew Luck and he's for sure gonna be a Colt. Lucky Bastards....

4U2NV
11-19-2011, 11:58 PM
With the 3rd overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select, Robert Griffin III.

Grizzlegom
11-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Seeing this team perform so well right now makes me wonder how good we would have been with a full offseason. Have to believe the conditioning and little conditioning-related injuries heavily factored in to a few of those losses...

4U2NV
11-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Dear Dolphins,

Please stop winning games.

Sincerely, 2012 Draft QB class.

dolfan75071
11-21-2011, 12:38 PM
4U2NV -- It looks like we may win out way out of the RGIII sweepstakes too.

Da-Phins
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Dear Dolphins,

Please stop winning games.

Sincerely, 2012 Draft QB class.

Nice....

The only QB who is off the table is Luck. Even with 3 wins we are still in good position with the rest of the rookie QB's.

Grizzlegom
11-23-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm loving all the winning personally. I want a QB as much as the next guy but I really like all 5 QBs being discussed as possible first rounders and I don't think we'll get enough wins to miss out on all of them. Besides, if we keep winning, that means Matt Moore is legitimately a solid QB. If that's the case, Tannehill looks really enticing to me since we'd have someone he can sit behind for a year or so.

Grizzlegom
11-24-2011, 10:11 AM
LET'S GO PHINS!!!!! I have very fond memories of the last time Miami played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, that 40-21 trouncing we gave them where Fiedler hooked up with Chambers for 3 TDs. That was a good Thanksgiving.

draftguru151
11-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Hahaha that was amazing. I'll take a 3 TD game from Marshall today. 3 drop game is more likely though. :/

Grizzlegom
11-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Omar Kelly going on about how Matt Moore was the best November QB not named Matt Moore and that we've found our answer at the position...

draftguru151
11-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Dolphins gonna Dolphin.

Omar Kelly is the WOAT. Uses PFF like it's gospel.

Da-Phins
11-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Well that game was much closer then I expected. They had that game but like always, they make stupid mistakes that ended up costing them the game. The fumble that lead a td for the Cowboys was the dagger. Wasnt really impressed by the Cowboys but you know ESPN will hype them up like they are going to be an actual threat in the playoffs but in reality they havent prove themselves worthy of such.

Da-Phins
11-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Dolphins gonna Dolphin.

Omar Kelly is the WOAT. Uses PFF like it's gospel.

Omar is absolute garbage of a reporter. He whines way too much and goes all girly when he thinks he is getting "attacked".

Grizzlegom
11-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Yea, I don't actually live in South Florida and just started following all the writers on twitter, Omar seemed legit at first but as time goes on its become clear he's a moron.

Looks like we'll at least be in every game the rest of the year, I think we'll finish with 6 wins.

Da-Phins
12-01-2011, 11:11 AM
There's been rumors that Ross could end up keeping Sparano after all beyond this season. Its just rumors but Im starting to get the feeling that Sparano getting fired after the season isnt a 100 percent accurate statement.

Thoughts?

Grizzlegom
12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
This turnaround has left me wondering that question as well. I've heard everything from if we lose the Raiders game he'll get fired to he's already done enough to save his job.

Personally I never really disliked him but I never liked him either. I do like what Daboll has done recently and I've always been a Nolan fan so I would welcome the continuity in the schemes.

Grizzlegom
12-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Even the talking heads were saying it, we're definitely a top 6 team in the AFC right now. This sucks.

Da-Phins
12-07-2011, 09:05 AM
We are an improved team for sure but I wouldnt go that far. We are 4-8 for a reason and lets not get carried away with the type of teams we've been beating.

Grizzlegom
12-07-2011, 10:35 AM
We are an improved team for sure but I wouldnt go that far. We are 4-8 for a reason and lets not get carried away with the type of teams we've been beating.

Who else is playing better than us right now? New England, Baltimore, Houston, and Pittsburgh are honestly the only four teams that are hands down better than us. We're just as good as anyone in the AFC West or any teams vying for that second wildcard spot.

Da-Phins
12-09-2011, 11:43 AM
Has our wins really been impressive though? So far we've beaten the Raiders, Bills, Chiefs and Redskins, which all of those teams have been struggling or hit with injuries. We cant beat the good teams but we can manage to beat the below average-average teams. Thats not a playoff team.

Grizzlegom
12-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Yep, I was definitely overreacting.

Da-Phins
12-12-2011, 11:25 AM
Like Ive been saying, we are 4-9 for a reason and no matter how much the players and some fans may like Sparano(count me in that group), its time for a change. We need one. We need a proven HC, not another rookie coach who is learning on the fly.

Here's something interesting I didnt realize until I read on twitter a few days ago. Sparano's record against winning teams is like 8-25 or somewhere close to that.

Grizzlegom
12-12-2011, 01:54 PM
I like Sparano but have no issues with letting him go. Sometimes you just need a change. Not the biggest fan of keeping Ireland though. Haven't been overly impressed with his evaluation of talent. If you're going to start anew, I prefer starting completely anew with GM and coach.

Da-Phins
12-14-2011, 09:47 AM
I do believe I would creme myself if we end up hiring either Gruden, Fisher or Cowher and getting Manning/Barkley or RG as our QB's.

Grizzlegom
12-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Somebody mentioned sign Chip Kelly and draft RGIII. Am I crazy for thinking that would be awesome?

Da-Phins
12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Not a fan of hiring a college coach. Been down that road before and its not a road I want to go back down any time in the near future...or ever. We need to change our route and go after an experienced pro HC. One coach who I've been thinking about here lately is Brian Billick if we cant land one of the big three.

Grizzlegom
12-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Brandon Marshall is so polarizing. Drops two TDs, then big TD catch then big play turned fumble.

Da-Phins
12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
TonyPauline Tony Pauline
This comes as a shock to me but sources from So Cal tell me the word is Matt Barkley reversed course and is likely to stay at USC

TonyPauline Tony Pauline
Also- as of today the word is Robert Griffin III/Baylor & Landry Jones/Oklahoma will also return to school. Could change, still interesting

Well **** me sideways with a lunchbox if this is true.

Grizzlegom
12-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Haha yea, Weeden anyone?

Da-Phins
12-26-2011, 12:45 PM
I dont know about you but I'm tired of drafting 2nd round caliber QB's. We need a franchise QB goddamn it. Rather that be a trade or being able to sign Peyton Manning if he's let go in the offseason.

Grizzlegom
12-26-2011, 12:57 PM
I agree, I'm sick of 2nd round QBs as well, I just made that comment because him and Tannehill are the best QBs (after Luck of course) if RGIII, Jones, and Barkley all really do return to school which could push both of them squarely into the first round mix (Tannehill is already there IMO but I've seen many have him as a fringe first round guy).

draftguru151
12-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Weeden is a year older than Moore. XD

If RG3 comes out I want us to do whatever we need to do to move up.

Da-Phins
12-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Yeah, but first we should do all we can to try and trade up and grab Luck. If that doesnt work(which I doubt it will) then we go the route of RG3 which isnt a bad backup option. Its really those two, Manning or bust for us IMO. If we cant land one of those three then will will face yet another year of average performance at the QB position and will have to look once again the following offseason. Im tired of the same ole BS every year. It's time to get serious and aggressive this offseason for a franchise QB.

Da-Phins
12-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Congrats to Brandon Marshall and Jake Long for making the Probowl.

Grizzlegom
12-29-2011, 09:04 PM
RGIII looking great tonight. Still have legit concerns about him but with Barkley out of the picture and Luck out of reach, he's undoubtedly the number 2 QB out there so I'd welcome moving up for him if need be.

Grizzlegom
12-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Also, idc about draft position, I hope we kill the Jets and ensure they don't make the playoffs.

Phins827
12-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Agreed completely. I can EASILY see us making the move to trade up, and honestly, I dont care what it takes. I want Griffin on this team next year

Grizzlegom
01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Reading some of the quotes on Twitter from JT's presser. Shout out to TimBo, calling him most unselfish player he ever played with. Attributes learning "so much" from Zach. I miss those guys.

4U2NV
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM
This season is a classic example of why I hate being a fan of this team. Yet again we are god awful but we don't suck enough to put ourselves in a position to get a high enough draft pick to matter. We get a decent prospect (in theory, that is unless we go all Dolphin with it and blow the selection with another Ted Ginn) but we're once again not bad enough to get an elite player. I don't have faith in our front office to pull off a trade to move up so we're giong to be stuck with another dismal year of QB play next season. I'm really starting to hate this team and the constant mediocrity. I'd rather us be epically bad and get that Andrew Luck/Matt Stafford/Cam Newton type of QB prospect instead of always picking 8-14 and looking for another veteran retread in the off-season who'll win us just enough games to make sure that we don't get that prospect the following year. Rinse and repeat...again. 12 years of this crap. I was hoping this year was going to change things, but I forgot that this is the Miami Dolphins, and that's how we roll.

Da-Phins
01-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Gonna be quite in interesting offseason boys and girls. Time to sit back and watch it unfold. Now that we will have the 8th or 9th pick, we NEED to trade up to the 2nd spot so we can grab the great RG3. I dont care what we give up, its time to be aggressive on getting ourselves a franchise QB and I think Ireland and Ross will try their damnest to do that.

Grizzlegom
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
It seems every Dolphins fan wants Jeff Fisher since it appears Gruden and Cowher have both already said no thanks and refused to interview. Hearing Fisher has interview tomorrow morning. How does everyone here feel about him?

Da-Phins
01-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Would be a good hire and could bring some much needed stability to this franchise. He's experienced, knows what he's doing and is a winner. Sign me up! The only down fall if we do land Fisher is Nolan will likely be gone and the defense will switch to a 4-3. But other then that, he fits the bill of what we are looking for and need. Ross will throw the money at him so no problem with that its just how well Ross and Ireland can sell Fisher to the Dolphins.

Quagmire
01-05-2012, 10:57 AM
I think Fisher would be an excellent hire, but to me the key to this offseason is landing the QB. In my mind, I think Ross's plan involves one of 2 guys. Either Luck or Manning. Since I don't see Indy trading the #1, I think they are going to target Manning. I can see the Colts letting him go and he is just the type of box office, frontline star this team needs. (Obviously, health permitting). I would pursue that avenue. Fisher, Manning, resign Soliai and a solid draft with some help on the OL, a pass rusher and some depth, and this team is a division champ next yr. (and we can give a big FU to the Jets)...

Da-Phins
01-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Looks very doubtful that Fisher will be coming here. Looks like he will be named the Rams HC by early next week. So there you have it...Ross has struck out again.

4U2NV
01-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Without a quality QB in place or the ability to draft one I'm not at all surprised we haven't been able to lure a good coach for this team. Until we fix that position we're going to be stuck picking from the lists of co-ordinators around the league.

Mike Mularky is supposed to be interviewing for the position which I would be a fan of. I realize his stint here as OC didn't go over well but he didn't have a lot to work with on that team. I think we have better pieces in place now instead of asking him to resurrect Daunte Culpepper. Mularkey can get the running game going and with Bush and Thomas as well as some good run blocking he can accent the strength of our offence if he gets the job.

Joe Philbin, Green Bay's OC has also been contacted. I wouldn't be opposed to that either as it might give us a leg up in aquiring Matt Flynn.

Da-Phins
01-09-2012, 09:57 AM
From what I've been reading, it looks like Fisher to St. Louis isnt a done deal like I thought. Its "supposedly" a 50/50 of where he lands and "suposedly" the Dolphins are gonna make one last final push to get him to come here. This team NEEDS a experienced coach like Fisher, please football Gods be on our side this time.

But if the football Gods want to tease us once again the Dolphins are going to be interviewing Mike Zimmer later this week and that is the guy I want. I cant believe I havent thought of that before. Either him or Pete Carmichael would be a good backup option.

Grizzlegom
01-11-2012, 08:53 AM
And now it looks like we're the favorites for Fisher again. Supposedly making his decision today. Glad Mularkey to the Jags happened so we definitely won't be getting him if Fisher picks the Rams.

Grizzlegom
01-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Many reports coming out that we got Fisher.

In other news, Sparano to the Jets as offensive coordinator. Many already speculating that he could be looking to sign Henne to push Sanchez, Colombo to replace Hunter at RT, and Ronnie Brown to replace LT when he retires. Classic.

draftguru151
01-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Ha he did the same thing with bringing ex-Cowboys here so I'm not shocked.

Fisher is still torn between us and St. Louis apparently. Fisher and RG3 lets GOOOOOOOOOO.

Da-Phins
01-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Rumors going around that Ross as upped his offer over the last few days and is offering Fisher atleast 8 million per year along with the title of Executive Vice President.

So if this is true I dunno what the hell is taking Fisher so long to accept this offer.

Da-Phins
01-12-2012, 03:36 PM
This ******* Jeff Fisher drama is getting on my last never. Hurry up and make up your mind damn it.

On a side note, I will be working quite often and I hate digging through twitter and the rest of the junk when I get home to see what all went on with the whole Jeff Fisher thing while I was away. And frankly I get bored of it. So if I could to my fellow Dolphins fans, message my number to you and text me updates of whats all going on?

Grizzlegom
01-13-2012, 11:09 AM
yea, i'm really sick of this too. Being someone that isn't exactly enamored with Fisher in the first place, the waiting game he's putting both teams through is really annoying. If I were in charge, I would have already moved on as its clear he isn't exactly enamored with either job. I'll let you know if/when I see if he makes a decision.

Da-Phins
01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Thanks bro. Here's hoping for some good news later.

Da-Phins
01-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Soooo....Mike Zimmer now?

Grizzlegom
01-17-2012, 10:05 PM
And now we're down to Mike McCoy, Joe Philbin, and Todd Bowles, in that order supposedly. McCoy has experience with Moore, Philbin could bring the Packers with him (Jermichael Finley, Ryan Grant, Donald Driver, and Matt Flynn all FAs). Not saying I want all of them but just saying. Sounds to many that Bowles is really being re-interviewed in order to convince him to stay on as AHC/DC and that both McCoy and Philbin are willing to agree to that.

Da-Phins
01-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Meh, not excited about any of those three. All I see is another 2-4 years of being a mediocre team at best. Ross really screwed up letting Fisher get away.

4U2NV
01-18-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm not thrilled with any of those options either. I'm slightly in favor of Philbin but I would rather get Pete Carmichael but that looks like a pipe dream. This team continues to spin their tires and we'll have another 3 years of the same old thing until we move on to the next head coach to repeat the cycle again. I think that as long as Ross is in charge this is what we'll be faced with.

Grizzlegom
01-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Sounds an awful lot like we're getting McCoy. I feel the same way I did about Penn State picking Bill O'Brien. After all the guys that were supposedly rumored, you ended up with him? That being said, I'll get behind whoever our coach ends up being because I'm a homer and that's what I do haha

4U2NV
01-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Joe Philbin hired as our new coach. I like this a lot more than hiring McCoy. The fact he comes from a winning organization and can try to instill that same culture here is a positive. I'm also happy that he's developed a good offence and has some pieces in place already to do the same here. I think this means we are likely look at an athletic TE in the draft, I can't remember the time that we had a TE that can serve as an offensive weapon. Coby Fleener in the 2nd round would be amazing! Fasano is not that guy. After working with Finley in Green Bay I'd like to hope that we would catch up with the rest of the league and realize that the position plays a much more important part of the offence than it used to. Hopefully this move also puts us in a good position to bring in Matt Flynn.

Philbin + Flynn + Reiff + Fleener = a vastly improved offence.

Da-Phins
01-21-2012, 11:06 AM
So Joe Philbin it is. Been hearing alot of positive things about him but we'll see how he does. His character reminds me of Tony Dungy.

Grizzlegom
01-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Happy we got Philbin given the final three options. Just saw a rumor saying he will struggle to put together a quality coaching staff because he's only ever been in Green Bay and its unlikely they will let him take too many of their coaches. Kinda hoping Tampa passes on Sherman now so he can be our OC, he's got lots of connections and could recommend some people. Winston Moss not getting the Oakland job could also be a benefit in case this Cincinnati coach we are interviewing doesn't work out.

Grizzlegom
03-13-2012, 02:07 PM
We tendered Murtha and Merling, Murtha at the 2nd round level and Merling at the original round. Both are expected to sign their tenders immediately. Ryan Baker and Lex Hilliard weren't tendered.

@BenVolinPBP Both signed their contracts. Murtha will make $1.927 mil, Merling gets $1.26 mil. Lex Hilliard and Ryan Baker not offered RFA tenders

Grizzlegom
03-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Holy **** we traded Brandon Marshall to the Bears @JayGlazer
Major scoopage! The Chicago Bears have agreed to terms of a trade w Miami for pro bowl WR Brandon Marshall in exchange for 2 third-rounders.

wow.