New Orleans over Atlanta
Green Bay over Philly

Champ:
New Orleans over Green Bay

SUPER BOWL
New England over New Orleans

ChiFan24
09-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Decided to go out on a few limbs...I have like 8 pages of division by division schedule analysis and team by team breakdowns to back this crap up, but a lot of it is incoherent rambling, and nobody wants to read that.

1. Eagles 12-4
2. Cowboys 10-6
3. Giants 8-8
4. Redskins 5-11

1. Packers 12-4
2. Bears 9-7
3. Lions 7-9
4. Vikings 6-10

1. Saints 12-4
2. Panthers 10-6
3. Falcons 9-7
4. Buccaneers 6-10

1. 49ers 9-7
2. Rams 7-9
3. Seahawks 5-11
4. Cardinals 4-12

1. Patriots 13-3
2. Jets 9-7
3. Dolphins 7-9
4. Bills 3-13

1. Ravens 12-4
2. Steelers 12-4
3. Browns 9-7
4. Bengals 3-13

1. Texans 10-6
2. Titans 6-10
3. Colts 6-10
4. Jaguars 5-11

1. Broncos 9-7
2. Chargers 8-8
3. Chiefs 7-9
4. Raiders 6-10

Wild Card Round
Eagles over Panthers
Cowboys over 49ers
Jets over Texans
Steelers over Broncos

Divisional Round
Saints over Eagles
Packers over Cowboys
Patriots over Jets
Ravens over Steelers

Conference Championships
Saints over Packers
Ravens over Patriots

Super Bowl
Ravens over Saints

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
OPOY: Mike Wallace
DPOY: Elvis Dumervil
OROY: Cam Newton
DROY: Von Miller
Coach: Ron Rivera

Super Bowl MVP: Joe Flacco

Ray Lewis and Ed Reed both retire immediately after the Super Bowl. Joe Flacco becomes way overrated and starts getting love as a top 5 QB in the NFL.

bucfan12
09-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Panthers 10-6? Oh boy, you must really be on the worst to first or worst to playoff record in the NFC South.

Shane P. Hallam
09-07-2011, 09:34 AM
I'll give ya orders, haven't done full breakdown yet.

AFC East:
Patriots
Jets
Dolphins
Bills

AFC North:
Ravens
Steelers
Browns
Bengals

AFC South:
Houston
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Jacksonville

AFC West:
Chargers
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders

NFC East:
Eagles
Cowboys
Giants
Redskins

NFC North:
Packers
Lions
Bears
Vikings

NFC South:
Saints
Falcons
Panthers
Tampa Bay

NFC West:
Arizona
Seattle
St. Louis
San Fran

Rosebud
09-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Just curious what's putting the cowboys over the giants for you guys doing so.

Shane P. Hallam
09-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Just curious what's putting the cowboys over the giants for you guys doing so.

It can definitely be argued that the Giants have a better defense, and I believe that. I do think the Cowboys offense can be one of the best in the NFL however and will them to some wins. I see a lot of weaknesses on the Giants first level of defense as a run defense, and the CB injuries hurt. There also is something about the offense that makes me uncomfortable. I can see the Giants winning the division if all goes well. I can also see the Giants ending up 4th in the division if the wrong injuries/match-ups happen.

vidae
09-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Broncos over the Chiefs? Really Shane? I thought we were like brothers.

Rosebud
09-07-2011, 11:47 AM
It can definitely be argued that the Giants have a better defense, and I believe that. I do think the Cowboys offense can be one of the best in the NFL however and will them to some wins. I see a lot of weaknesses on the Giants first level of defense as a run defense, and the CB injuries hurt. There also is something about the offense that makes me uncomfortable. I can see the Giants winning the division if all goes well. I can also see the Giants ending up 4th in the division if the wrong injuries/match-ups happen.

Fair enough. I guess I only disagree about our run D which I'm more comfortable with than I think I ever have been. Canty and Joseph is as beefy of DTs as we've had in Eli's tenure, if we can keep them fresh I think our run D will be fantastic. Losing Goff hurts here, but I do think once Kawika Mitchell is up to speed he'll be able to do a good job of replacing him there.

I do understand you're concern for the O, if our running game isn't as good as it looks like it'll be and Eli can't develop chemistry with someone other than Nicks or Mario our O will be pretty middle of the road.

V.I.P
09-07-2011, 12:05 PM
I can't take that ChiFan24 guy seriously, he has Panthers winning the division... *insert lol image*

but

Shane you let me down here. I know Bucs will regress this year, but really ???? Carolina will win more games than Tampa Bay ????? How did you come to that conclusion?

tjsunstein
09-07-2011, 12:24 PM
AFC East:
Patriots
Jets
Bills
Dolphins

AFC North:
Ravens
Steelers
Bengals
Browns

AFC South:
Houston
Tennessee
Indianapolis
Jacksonville

AFC West:
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos

NFC East:
Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Redskins

NFC North:
Packers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

NFC South:
Saints
Falcons
Tampa Bay
Panthers

NFC West:
Arizona
St. Louis
San Fran
Seattle

Lead league in Passing- Aaron Rodgers
Lead league in Rushing- Jamal Charles
Lead league in Receiving- Roddy White
Lead league in Touchdowns- Greg Jennings
Lead league in Tackles- Patrick Willis
Lead league in Sacks- Demarcus Ware
Lead league in Interceptions- Tramon Williams
Lead league in Return Yds- Marc Mariani
#1 Offense- New England
#1 Defense- Pittsburgh
O-ROY- Cam Newton
D-ROY- Von Miller
MVP- Aaron Rodgers
Super Bowl Champs- Green Bay
2012 #1 Overall pick- Seattle

1. Andy Dalton has a winning record.
2. Philadelphia Eagles don't finish top 7 in pass D.
3. The Jets don't make the playoffs.
4. Bucs finish below .500.
5. Colts miss playoffs.

dj825
09-07-2011, 12:30 PM
im a Carolina fan and i think theyll do better than most people do, but even i have a hard time believing theyll get 10 wins...

gpngc
09-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Love the Carolina pick.

@ the first post: Would you like some chalk with that chalk?

NY+Giants=NYG
09-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Rosebud, I predict a 9-7 or 8-8 season for us. The 2nd half of the season schedule is tough, and that's when people historically go down for us and end up on IR. We have to see but I give us a 9-7 season. If we have a Titans game like last year type game this year, then 8-8.

JBCX
09-07-2011, 01:10 PM
The Giants will finish *below* the Redskins in the NFC East standings. I guarantee it.

In fact, I'd wager a handsome sum of money that the Giants end up 4th in the division.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-07-2011, 01:14 PM
The Giants will finish *below* the Redskins in the NFC East standings. I guarantee it.

In fact, I'd wager a handsome sum of money that the Giants end up 4th in the division.

We haven't been last for a while. So not sure where you getting this from. Plus it's about time the skins did something. How long are they going to keep end up the doormat of our division? They are due for a winning record. Last time was 2007.

Shane P. Hallam
09-07-2011, 01:22 PM
I can't take that ChiFan24 guy seriously, he has Panthers winning the division... *insert lol image*

but

Shane you let me down here. I know Bucs will regress this year, but really ???? Carolina will win more games than Tampa Bay ????? How did you come to that conclusion?

You guys should know as well as I do that standings DRASTICALLY change every year. Teams we thought wouldn't do crap move up and vice versa.

I think TB will be good in the long run, but they fall into KC category for me. Tougher schedule, still very young with some guys who I felt overachieved last year. I don't love the TB defense right now, especially pass D. Talib can't handle it himself and I see some close losses.

KC more the opposite. Like how the defense is shaping up, but not buying the passing game and offense outside of Charles. We'll see.

I'm willing to take some chances on predictions instead of going vanilla.

bucfan12
09-07-2011, 01:29 PM
You guys should know as well as I do that standings DRASTICALLY change every year. Teams we thought wouldn't do crap move up and vice versa.

I think TB will be good in the long run, but they fall into KC category for me. Tougher schedule, still very young with some guys who I felt overachieved last year. I don't love the TB defense right now, especially pass D. Talib can't handle it himself and I see some close losses.

KC more the opposite. Like how the defense is shaping up, but not buying the passing game and offense outside of Charles. We'll see.

I'm willing to take some chances on predictions instead of going vanilla.

No doubt I see Tampa struggling a bit. Don't worry about the pass defense. They get Tanard Jackson back in week 3, just in time for the Falcons game. People forget he's a pro bowl talent that was snubbed, TWICE before suspensions.

But I agree. The defense is very talented, but very young. I saw in preseason that Grimm, Foster, Hayes, Bowers, and Clayborn miss assignments and gaps due to inexperience. That will come with time. I see 8-8 for the Bucs.

I think it's wrong to say Carolina would finish ahead of Tampa Bay though. They play the same schedule and Carolina is in worse shape. Cam Newton had no real off=season to learn the offense. His weapons at WR? Geez. Smith is up there in years, and who else does he have? On defense, they have a good LB core, but there d-line is nothing to rave about. Charles Johnson had 1 good year, so I'm not going to claim him as a top flight DE. Gamble and the rest of the secondary looks terrible. I don't know how you predicted them to finish 3rd in the south. I see 3-4 wins, yeah, but not 7-10

Shane P. Hallam
09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
No doubt I see Tampa struggling a bit. Don't worry about the pass defense. They get Tanard Jackson back in week 3, just in time for the Falcons game. People forget he's a pro bowl talent that was snubbed, TWICE before suspensions.

But I agree. The defense is very talented, but very young. I saw in preseason that Grimm, Foster, Hayes, Bowers, and Clayborn miss assignments and gaps due to inexperience. That will come with time. I see 8-8 for the Bucs.

I think it's wrong to say Carolina would finish ahead of Tampa Bay though. They play the same schedule and Carolina is in worse shape. Cam Newton had no real off=season to learn the offense. His weapons at WR? Geez. Smith is up there in years, and who else does he have? On defense, they have a good LB core, but there d-line is nothing to rave about. Charles Johnson had 1 good year, so I'm not going to claim him as a top flight DE. Gamble and the rest of the secondary looks terrible. I don't know how you predicted them to finish 3rd in the south. I see 3-4 wins, yeah, but not 7-10

Well, Carolina getting Washington instead of Dallas is pretty nice.

I think we forget that the Panthers were supposed to be a pretty solid team last year before injuries. I'm not a huge Newton fan but think he gives some match-up problems in his rookie season 1 as most dual threat Qbs have had some EARLY success, but failed to keep it up. I like their DEs a lot. Johnson, Hardy, and Norwood are good. They will get eaten by the run, but their LBs should help. I like the secondary if they find a #2 corner.

Running game and o-line are good IMO, so we'll see. I think they can win 7 games.

tjsunstein
09-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Well you have yourself a deal sir. Name the amount.

bucfan12
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Well, Carolina getting Washington instead of Dallas is pretty nice.

I think we forget that the Panthers were supposed to be a pretty solid team last year before injuries. I'm not a huge Newton fan but think he gives some match-up problems in his rookie season 1 as most dual threat Qbs have had some EARLY success, but failed to keep it up. I like their DEs a lot. Johnson, Hardy, and Norwood are good. They will get eaten by the run, but their LBs should help. I like the secondary if they find a #2 corner.

Running game and o-line are good IMO, so we'll see. I think they can win 7 games.

Did you not see Chris Gamble get abused in the 2010 season and continue to during the pre-season? They need a 1 and 2 CB. Thats a huge weakness in the NFC South with QBs like Ryan, Freeman, and Brees along with all 3 of those teams WR corps. That could spell a field day for those passing offenses.

Shane P. Hallam
09-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Did you not see Chris Gamble get abused in the 2010 season and continue to during the pre-season? They need a 1 and 2 CB. Thats a huge weakness in the NFC South with QBs like Ryan, Freeman, and Brees along with all 3 of those teams WR corps. That could spell a field day for those passing offenses.

Sounds good :) We will see at the end of the year, but I won't predict chalk and it will make someone butt hurt :)

Shane P. Hallam
09-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Well you have yourself a deal sir. Name the amount.

Don't do it! D and I have both been burned by betting people with SWDC.

tjsunstein
09-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Don't do it! D and I have both been burned by betting people with SWDC.
Obviously, I don't really expect him to put his money where his mouth is...

Rosebud
09-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Rosebud, I predict a 9-7 or 8-8 season for us. The 2nd half of the season schedule is tough, and that's when people historically go down for us and end up on IR. We have to see but I give us a 9-7 season. If we have a Titans game like last year type game this year, then 8-8.

I still think we can go anywhere from 7-9 to 11-5 depending on injuries, whether Eli can click with Cruz, Thomas or Barden and how committed we stay to running the football. I actually kinda have a good feeling about this year. With all of this bad offseason news and low expectations for us I think our team will play incredibly tough football all year long.

If we get some luck with injuries, namely have most of our big injuries somehow manage to be behind us, I really think this team can be as good as they want. We haven't had an OL like this since Plax ruined our shot at another ring by shooting himself. With 4 decent or better backs on the roster and a promising kid on the practice squad running behind that line our O could win us games even if Eli's struggling to find anyone other than Nicks and Mario. Which is something that I think we'll see tremendously improved by the end of our easy early season schedule.

2 grand straight up work for you?

bucfan12
09-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Sounds good :) We will see at the end of the year, but I won't predict chalk and it will make someone butt hurt :)

Hey, anything can happen, but looking at Carolina's situation, there a few pieces away. If Cam Newton is the "guy" at QB for them, they need WRs.

On defense, secondary and DT are needs as well.

AntoinCD
09-07-2011, 05:46 PM
AFC East:

New York Jets
New England Patriots
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills

AFC North:

Baltimore Ravens
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals

AFC South:

Houston Texans
Tennessee Titans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West:

San Diego Chargers
Kansas City Chiefs
Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders

Playoffs:

Wildcard- New England Patriots over Houston Texans, Pittsburgh Steelers over New York Jets

Divisonal round- New England Patriots over San Diego Chargers, Pittsburgh Steelers over Baltimore Ravens

Conference game- New England Patriots over Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC East:

Philadelphia Eagles
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Washington Redskins

NFC North:

Green Bay Packers
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings

NFC South:

Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Carolina Panthers

NFC West:

Arizona Cardinals
St Louis Rams
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers

Playoffs:

Wildcard- New Orleans Saints over Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys over Green Bay Packers

Divisonal round- Atlanta Falcons over Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles over Dallas Cowboys

Conference game- Philadelphia Eagles over Atlanta Falcons

Superbowl- Philadelphia Eagles over New England Patriots

MVP- Matt Ryan

Offensive Player of the Year- Ray Rice

Defensive Player of the Year- Demarcus Ware

Offensive Rookie of the Year- Julio Jones

Defensive Rookie of the Year- Robert Quinn

Coach of the Year- Rex Ryan

McBain
09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Radskins - 19-0

Rex Grossman Superbowl MVP, Master of the Universe.

ChiFan24
09-07-2011, 07:07 PM

but

Yeah thanks man....because all the predictions in your sig are so clearly well thought out and unbiased.

The justification for the Panthers is that they performed well below their talent level and picked up a last place schedule as a result. The AFC West was a pretty good draw as well. Instead of the worst QB situation in the NFL, they have Cam Newton, who I think can be sneaky effective in a 2006 Vince Young way.....maybe crappy stats, but keeps the chains moving with his feet. And maybe Rivera can do for their defense what he did for San Diego's.

I think it's a hell of a lot better than picking the same damn teams that everyone else does.....there's always a few surprise teams that benefit from a softer schedule and a ton of luck (sound familiar, Bucs fan?). I tried to identify that team.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Radskins - 19-0

Rex Grossman Superbowl MVP, Master of the Universe.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/graphics/news3/HeManMotU1983_V1_MillCreek.jpg

gpngc
09-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah thanks man....because all the predictions in your sig are so clearly well thought out and unbiased.

The justification for the Panthers is that they performed well below their talent level and picked up a last place schedule as a result. The AFC West was a pretty good draw as well. Instead of the worst QB situation in the NFL, they have Cam Newton, who I think can be sneaky effective in a 2006 Vince Young way.....maybe crappy stats, but keeps the chains moving with his feet. And maybe Rivera can do for their defense what he did for San Diego's.

I think it's a hell of a lot better than picking the same damn teams that everyone else does.....there's always a few surprise teams that benefit from a softer schedule and a ton of luck (sound familiar, Bucs fan?). I tried to identify that team.

No. The people who picked the Bucs and Chiefs last year (and countless other surprise teams in year's past) were a joke then and are still a joke.

Obviously.

Also, your justification makes complete sense but THEY R NOT AZ GOOD AZ DA FALKINZ AND SANTZ SO UR A JOKE LOLZ and TEAMZ ALWAYZ PERFORM THE EXACT SAME WAY EVERY YEAR.

ChiFan24
09-07-2011, 07:29 PM
No. The people who picked the Bucs and Chiefs last year (and countless other surprise teams in year's past) were a joke then and are still a joke.

Obviously.

Also, your justification makes complete sense but THEY R NOT AZ GOOD AZ DA FALKINZ AND SANTZ SO UR A JOKE LOLZ and TEAMZ ALWAYZ PERFORM THE EXACT SAME WAY EVERY YEAR.

Right....and the only surprise team we're allowed to pick is the Lions or Texans. Because that's the team everyone thinks will be a surprise team. That's what makes it so surprising.

gpngc
09-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Right....and the only surprise team we're allowed to pick is the Lions or Texans. Because that's the team everyone thinks will be a surprise team. That's what makes it so surprising.

Lol we are on the same page, sir.

Here's how I'd predict my true surprise teams in the way Phil Steele does in his CFB magazine.

1) Miami Dolphins
2) Minnesota Vikings
3) Oakland Raiders
4) Washington Redskins
5) Denver Broncos
6) Carolina Panthers

And CLE, SF, ARZ if you'd consider them surprises to make the playoffs.

jrdrylie
09-08-2011, 10:08 AM
AFC East:

New England Patriots-13-3
New York Jets: 9-7
Buffalo Bills: 7-9
Miami Dolphins: 5-11

AFC North:

Baltimore Ravens: 12-4
Pittsburgh Steelers: 11-5
Cleveland Browns: 6-10
Cincinnati Bengals: 3-13

AFC South:

Houston Texans: 11-5
Indianapolis Colts: 8-8
Jacksonville Jaguars: 5-11
Tennessee Titans: 4-12

AFC West:

San Diego Chargers: 8-8
Kansas City Chiefs: 6-10
Denver Broncos: 6-10
Oakland Raiders: 6-10

Playoffs:

Wildcard- Houston Texans over New York Jets, Pittsburgh Steelers over San Diego Chargers

Divisional round- Pittsburgh Steelers over New England Patriots, Baltimore Ravens over Houston Texans

Conference game- Baltimore Ravens over Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC East:

Dallas Cowboys: 11-5
New York Giants: 8-8
Philadelphia Eagles: 8-8
Washington Redskins: 7-9

NFC North:

Chicago Bears: 12-4
Green Bay Packers- 11-5
Detroit Lions: 8-8
Minnesota Vikings: 4-12

NFC South:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 12-4
Atlanta Falcons: 11-5
New Orleans Saints: 8-8
Carolina Panthers: 4-12

NFC West:

Arizona Cardinals: 9-7
St Louis Rams: 8-8
San Francisco 49ers: 5-11
Seattle Seahakws: 3-13

Playoffs:

Wildcard- Dallas Cowboys over Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals over Atlanta Falcons

Divisional round- Chicago Bears over Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys over Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Conference game- Chicago Bears over Dallas Cowboys

Superbowl- Chicago Bears over Baltimore Ravens

Super Bowl MVP- Matt Forte

MVP- Josh Freeman

Offensive Player of the Year- Calvin Johnson

Defensive Player of the Year- Demarcus Ware

Offensive Rookie of the Year- Julio Jones

Defensive Rookie of the Year- Patrick Peterson

Comeback Player- Matt Stafford

Disappointing Player- Michael Vick

Coach of the Year- Raheem Morris

JBCX
09-08-2011, 12:46 PM
End of the year division standings (playoff teams bolded):

NFC East:

1. Washington Redskins
2. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. New York Giants

NFC South:

1. New Orleans Saints
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. Tampa Bay Bucs
4. Carolina Panthers

NFC North:

1. Green Bay Packers
2. Detroit Lions
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Chicago Bears

NFC West:

1. St. Louis Rams
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Seattle Seahawks

AFC East:

1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins
3. New York Jets
4. Buffalo Bills

AFC South:

1. Houston Texans
2. Tennessee Titans
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Indianapolis Colts

AFC North:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers
2. Cleveland Browns
3. Baltimore Ravens
4. Cincinnatti Bengals

AFC West:

1. San Diego Chargers
2. Denver Broncos
3. Oakland Raiders
4. Kansas City Chiefs

Don't know what will happen in the playoffs, but I do know that:

Offensive Rookie of the Year = A.J. Green, and
Defensive Rookie of the Year = Von Miller

JBCX
11-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Offensive Rookie of the Year = A.J. Green, and
Defensive Rookie of the Year = Von Miller

Hey jrydlie... check this out.

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 09:33 AM

Hey JBCX, check this out.

PoopSandwich
11-18-2011, 10:15 AM

http://www.theargonath.cc/characters/bilbo/pictures/bilbo10.jpg

Hey Bilbo, THE RING IS STILL IN YOUR POCKET.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 11:24 AM

If it weren't for Rex Grossman/ John Beck, that would be a true statement.

In fact, it could still happen. The Giants have a brutal schedule ahead of them, and could still wind up in 4th in the division.

hockey619
11-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey jrydlie... check this out.

werent you just quoting PFF articles saying AJ is a bust so far? go away troll.

and hey JBCX, check out my sig....Dont bump a threat to pump yourself up and not expect someone to put you back in your place.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 11:30 AM
werent you just quoting PFF articles saying AJ is a bust so far? go away troll.

and hey JBCX, check out my sig....Dont bump a threat to pump yourself up and not expect someone to put you back in your place.

What's wrong with my quote in your sig? Orton sucks and that is pretty obvious to everyone so far. He'll never be a franchise QB and even the Broncos organization would rather play a Fullback masquerading as a Quarterback than Kyle Orton.

Kolb has struggled this year, but there is nothing that leads us to believe that we should competely write him off. Given another offseason, an improved offensive line, I believe that Kevin Kolb can take Arizona to the playoffs.

hockey619
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM

In fact, it could still happen. The Giants have a brutal schedule ahead of them, and could still wind up in 4th in the division.

cool story bro.

no one cares that you mightve been right if variables you KNEW existed hadnt screwed it up.

Its not like there was a freak injury that screwed your prediction, you just put your eggs in the Grossman/Beck led Redskins basket and (gasp!) it turns out that all their previous play was no fluke and that both are in fact bad QBs.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
NFC East:

1. Washington Redskins
2. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. New York Giants

:-) I'm glad you bumped this.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
:-) I'm glad you bumped this.

Redskins have the defense to win the NFC East, but Rex Grossman and John Beck were worse than I thought they would be.

That having been said, the Giants could still VERY EASILY end up in 3rd or 4th place in the division.

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 11:34 AM

You can't make that statement. When you made the prediction, you knew that the quarterbacks were Rex Grossman and John Beck. That would be like me predicting that the Packers would go 7-9 and then saying "If it weren't for Aaron Rodgers, that would be a true statement."

I'll make a prediction... byt the end of the year, I'm going to have sex with Scarlett Johansson. If it doesn't happen, my excuse will be "If I were Ryan Reynolds, that would be a true statement."

JBCX
11-18-2011, 11:35 AM
You can't make that statement. When you made the prediction, you knew that the quarterbacks were Rex Grossman and John Beck. That would be like me predicting that the Packers would go 7-9 and then saying "If it weren't for Aaron Rodgers, that would be a true statement."

I'll make a prediction... byt the end of the year, I'm going to have sex with Scarlett Johansson. If it doesn't happen, my excuse will be "If I were Ryan Reynolds, that would be a true statement."

I was wrong about the Redskin; I fully admit that. But again, I'm trying to point out that it wasn't a wild statement - if the QBs were even slightly competent, they would have a shot at the division.

hockey619
11-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Kolb has struggled this year the same way he has his whole albeit somewhat brief career, but there is nothing that leads us to believe that we should competely write him off just as their is nothing to lead us to believe he'll ever get any better but hey. Given another offseason, an improved offensive line, I believe that Kevin Kolb can take Arizona to the playoffs.

if AZ puts a great team around him they might be able to drag him there because the nfc west sucks, but once he gets there hes not doing anything.

Kevin Kolb will never EVER win a super bowl as a starter.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Redskins have the defense to win the NFC East, but Rex Grossman and John Beck were worse than I thought they would be.

That having been said, the Giants could still VERY EASILY end up in 3rd or 4th place in the division.

No, no they can't very easily end up in 3rd or 4th place in the division.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 11:41 AM
I was wrong about the Redskin; I fully admit that. But again, I'm trying to point out that it wasn't a wild statement - if the QBs were even slightly competent, they would have a shot at the division.

If they wanted even slightly competent QBs they shouldn't have gone into the season with Rex and Beck. I'm baffled by how surprised you are that these two terrible QBs shockingly...continued to be terrible...

JBCX
11-18-2011, 11:47 AM
No, no they can't very easily end up in 3rd or 4th place in the division.

The Cowboys have a soft schedule while the Giants have a brutal one. There is a good chance the Cowboys will win this division. If the Eagles beat the Giants, and pull off a winning streak, 3rd place for the Giants is a realistic possibility.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 11:52 AM
The Cowboys have a soft schedule while the Giants have a brutal one. There is a good chance the Cowboys will win this division. If the Eagles beat the Giants, and pull off a winning streak, 3rd place for the Giants is a realistic possibility.

4th place however is not and for them to fall to third is becoming less possible with each week as the Eagles would need to start winning before they could start a winning streak.

You gotta admit though, it's kinda funny that your NFC East predictions that you were so adamant about have proven to be completely wrong so far. Sure there's still some time left for things to change, but it's funny that at the time of your bumping this you're prediction is the inverse what's actually happening.

the new jesus
11-18-2011, 11:57 AM

LOL.

"If the team didn't have bad players, they would have a shot at the division!". What team could you not make that statement about?

JBCX
11-18-2011, 11:58 AM
4th place however is not and for them to fall to third is becoming less possible with each week as the Eagles would need to start winning before they could start a winning streak.

You gotta admit though, it's kinda funny that your NFC East predictions that you were so adamant about have proven to be completely wrong so far. Sure there's still some time left for things to change, but it's funny that at the time of your bumping this you're prediction is the inverse what's actually happening.

Let's wait until the regular season is complete before we start gloating. I am fairly confident that the Giants will miss the playoffs for a third straight year this season.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Let's wait until the regular season is complete before we start gloating. I am fairly confident that the Giants will miss the playoffs for a third straight year this season.

Then why the **** were you bumping this thread to gloat? If that's what you're going with just because you were wrong then why wouldn't you apply the same logic to the parts of your prediction that you got right?

JBCX
11-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Then why the **** were you bumping this thread to gloat? If that's what you're going with just because you were wrong then why wouldn't you apply the same logic to the parts of your prediction that you got right?

If you were paying attention, you'd notice that I was bumping the thread to point out to jrydlie that I had predicted Von MIller as DROY prior to the start of the season.

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM
LOL.

"If the team didn't have bad players, they would have a shot at the division!". What team could you not make that statement about?

Holy crap! A troll calling out a troll for being a troll. What is happening here?

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Holy crap! A troll calling out a troll for being a troll. What is happening here?

jqLY96_zezc

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 12:06 PM
If you were paying attention, you'd notice that I was bumping the thread to point out to jrydlie that I had predicted Von MIller as DROY prior to the start of the season.

...sigh...but...sigh....

J-Mike88
11-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Broncos over the Chiefs? Really Shane? I thought we were like brothers.
He anticipated the injuries.
And the 2nd coming of Tebus.

ChiFan24
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread to give myself a pat on the back for some of my picks. I got the top 5 seed correct in the AFC, with the exact record for all but Denver (had them 9-7). Had the Jets 9-7 squeaking into the playoffs as the 6 seed.

Also picked 7 out of 8 division winners. Only missed the NFC East.

Plenty of bad picks too....but I'd rather not talk about those.