PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Trade I heard on Colin Cowherd

soybean
09-09-2011, 05:32 PM
If you buy this whole peyton manning out for the season rumors...

some caller today said why don't the colts see what they can offer to get Carson Palmer from Cincy?

It'd work, no?

Jvig43
09-09-2011, 05:36 PM
They should just play the season out and get a good draft pick, no sense in being a sub average team with a sub average pick.

Caulibflower
09-09-2011, 06:36 PM
The team's obligation is to it's fan base, not Peyton. They should't avoid being competitive for a year just to get a high draft pick. If they have a chance to bring in a quarterback who can win them more games than they would without him, they ought to do it. If not Palmer, maybe they could bring in Garrard, or some other guy who might at least play with some energy. Tyler Thigpen, maybe? Kerry Collins is just not going to cut it. Old and slow. He'll probably get injured right away.

J-Mike88
09-09-2011, 06:41 PM
From everything we've heard, know, about Mister Brown in Cinci, I see no way in hell that the guy would ever reward Palmer by sending him to Indy.

He'd probably turn down 2 first round picks (obviously wouldn't receive offer like that anyway), just to spite Carson and stand by his principle.

BengalFan, I feel for you guys.
Bring back the Icky Shuffle and kick Brown's @ss out the door!

gpngc
09-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Glazer said today many teams have called about Palmer - Brown just refuses to trade him.

I don't think Collins is going to be bad at all for them.

Shane P. Hallam
09-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Glazer said today many teams have called about Palmer - Brown just refuses to trade him.

I don't think Collins is going to be bad at all for them.

My guess is the BROWNS would take whatever for Palmer :D

Just doesn't seem like a Polian move.

PoopSandwich
09-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Sign Garrard.... IMO.

thenewfeature06
09-09-2011, 09:20 PM
How much better will Garrard really be than Kerry? You gonna sign him to a contract worth a good amount prolly even being a 1 year?

Maybe Garrard is more mobile (which maybe be smarter with that line) but other than that Kerry is a LOT more polished and smarter than Garrard.

Splat
09-09-2011, 09:26 PM
They just gave Kerry Collins 4 million for this season which isn't huge money but decent.

I don't see them paying Garrard as well.

diabsoule
09-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Colts are probably gonna stay with what they have and why not? If you crap the bed this season you have a decent shot at winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes

yo123
09-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Signing Garrard would be an absolutely abysmal move. Collins/Garrard aren't going to get you anywhere anyway and it's a waste of money.

Collins is a passable stopgap despite his reputation around here.

Pat Sims 90
09-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Unless the deal is like 2 1st round draft picks i don't see Mike Brown trading Carson till atleast next season.

gpngc
09-10-2011, 12:32 AM
My guess is the BROWNS would take whatever for Palmer :D

Just doesn't seem like a Polian move.

Mike Brown, Shane. Mike Brown. I wasn't on pain killers when I posted that I knew what I was doing.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
09-10-2011, 12:46 AM
I agree with others in that the Bengals will not trade Palmer to the Colts. They have come too far and I highly doubt that the Colts will offer more than some other team with QB issues and a need to improve their fanbase and overall team prestige. The Colts are in a good position due to their years of success and already signed Collins for $4M.

Garrard also seems unlikely to me. Rolling with Collins is their direction.

jerry0503222
09-13-2011, 03:56 AM
They should just play the season out and get a good draft pick, no sense in being a sub average team with a sub average pick.