PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who think Tony Romo Sucks?

Breed
09-11-2011, 11:01 PM
I think Eli Manning has a very good matchup against Tony Romo @ being the greater quaterback. Tony Romo isn't elite in the pocket, Eli Manning on the other hand does his job great at completing passes in the pocket & on the run.

fenikz
09-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I choose Cam Cam
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cam+Newton+Carolina+Panthers+v+Arizona+Cardinals+9 1nZjuBIGlCl.jpg

JBCX
09-11-2011, 11:04 PM
I think they both suck.

(Eli and Tony)

niel89
09-11-2011, 11:15 PM
You can do a whole lot worse than Romo.

LTgiants
09-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Oh this is going to be good

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_yes.gif

hawkeye123
09-11-2011, 11:19 PM
I'll take him over Alex Smith

V.I.P
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I'd still take Romo over Eli.

yanksknicks
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Romo makes some of the most bonehead mistakes I have ever seen at the QB spot. Just huge mistakes. Game changers at least 3-4 times per year.

Pat Sims 90
09-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Romo does not suck he is just not clutch at all.

TheFinisher
09-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Romo can look legit for the majority of the game but at the end of the day he loses more close games for his team than he wins. He's a loser.

JETS5128
09-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Romo can look legit for the majority of the game but at the end of the day he loses more close games for his team than he wins. He's a loser.

This.

Sure you can say its just week 1 and no big deal but history has shown he tends to make mistakes like this. Its the one thing he needs to correct if he ever wants to be a top tier QB

PoopSandwich
09-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Watching the game I said the end was going to be awesome because you knew either Sanchez or Romo would **** up.

nepg
09-12-2011, 12:50 AM
This.

Sure you can say its just week 1 and no big deal but history has shown he tends to make mistakes like this. Its the one thing he needs to correct if he ever wants to be a top tier QB
He's a lot like Donovan McNabb in that way.

Ness
09-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Tony Romo does not suck. He's a very good quarterback. Maybe not in the class of the elite, but still a very good quarterback. I'd definitely take him out here in San Francisco. I'd even go as far to crown us as NFC West champions if he was on our roster. He has a good chance to tear us up next week.

D-Unit
09-12-2011, 01:41 AM
Romo is not a good QB. There are plenty worse, but that doesn't make him good. He is careless with the ball and will make dumb decisions in crunch time. His accuracy is good, his footwork is good, his arm strength is adequate, but mentally, he needs a lot of improvement. He will probably be blasted for that last INT and deservingly so... but Dez wasn't trying hard enough to get open either. He was playing bad football once Revis locked onto him. My real frustration is over his fumble at the endzone... Romo has got to hold onto the ball if he decides he's gonna run. I fault Garrett for calling that pass play too. Jeez.

SickwithIt1010
09-12-2011, 01:47 AM
Watching the game I said the end was going to be awesome because you knew either Sanchez or Romo would **** up.

Sanchez has actually proven to be pretty damn clutch in his time in the NFL.

Romo just loves to choke in the big moment.

bantx
09-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Guys if you remember Burns from awhile back when he pm'd me to meet up and "fight him" because we got into a discussion about how ****** his teams were which lead to us exchanging a few words and him sending me a pm.

Well I think he's resurrected.

http://i54.tinypic.com/17csus.jpg

TACKLE
09-12-2011, 02:43 AM
Haha this too funny. Poor Burns....what a sad, sad, pathetic little man. I'm glad bantx knows better than to scrap "special" kids.

Ness
09-12-2011, 02:57 AM
Romo is not a good QB. There are plenty worse, but that doesn't make him good. He is careless with the ball and will make dumb decisions in crunch time. His accuracy is good, his footwork is good, his arm strength is adequate, but mentally, he needs a lot of improvement. He will probably be blasted for that last INT and deservingly so... but Dez wasn't trying hard enough to get open either. He was playing bad football once Revis locked onto him. My real frustration is over his fumble at the endzone... Romo has got to hold onto the ball if he decides he's gonna run. I fault Garrett for calling that pass play too. Jeez.

There are many worse than there are better though. Romo has made some dumb mistakes in the past, but at the same time he gets more than his fair share of royalties.

For me this is like saying Warren Moon wasn't very good because he fumbled a lot.

A Perfect Score
09-12-2011, 09:00 AM
That last interception was confusing as all hell. There are alot of things Tony Romo does well...Personally, I think he moves in the pocket and escapes the rush as well as anyone in the NFL, really, but plays like that last INT where he literally threw it right to Revis (with Cover 2 being played over man, by the way) just make you scratch your head. I've no idea what he was thinking there. People are right in saying that until he learns to be more careful with the ball, that team isn't going to contend.

It wasn't like his offensive line gave him all that much help though, Rex was bringing the heat at times last night.

vidae
09-12-2011, 09:14 AM
At times? Rex ALWAYS brings the heat!

scottyboy
09-12-2011, 09:34 AM

and Eli is the exact opposite.
they're division rivals and both top 15, arguable top 10, QB's. they're going to get debated against each other until the end of time.

but that Romo throw on Revis...that was just plain ol' stupid

A Perfect Score
09-12-2011, 09:39 AM
and Eli is the exact opposite.
they're division rivals and both top 15, arguable top 10, QB's. they're going to get debated against each other until the end of time.

but that Romo throw on Revis...that was just plain ol' stupid

For what it's worth, I'd probably take Romo over Eli if you asked me to choose. I'm certainly not huge on either of them though. They just make so many mistakes...

J-Mike88
09-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Whoever Revis was covering (Dex or Austin), Romo should have not looked at him period.
Go to the other WR, or the TE, or if there's a #3 WR on the team.

What was wrong with Dez anyway?

Romo is unclutch because he grew up watching Favre take chance after chance late.... he'd usually come thru in the end of regular season games, but postseason, we all know Favre always choked (except one year when Reggie White carried the team).

Romo has a lot to unlearn.
Super Bowl or not, he's still better than Eli Manning.

Rosebud
09-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I like Tony Romo, he seems like a cool dude and is a great person off of the field...but I'd never trade Eli for him. Eli is one of the clutchest QBs in the league and even though he'll never put up elite numbers in our offense, I'd never give up that clutchness unless it was for an even more clutch QB, but there aren't many of those in the NFL other than Tom Brady.

nepg
09-12-2011, 11:24 AM
The guy has a career QB rating of 95+, 64% completion, and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio. Sure, the QB Rating stat doesn't do its job all the time, but it's still a decent way to tell what level a QB plays at.

Romo is a really good QB. Heck, he was even awesome last night until the end (regardless of Dez Bryant's effort, Romo threw into double coverage and Bryant was no where near open). He just doesn't have great awareness of game situations and makes poor decisions on the epic level of doing so. At 31, that's not likely to change...but it's nearly impossible for the Cowboys to justify jettisoning the guy because the rest of the time, he's one of the league's best.

Iamcanadian
09-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Romo will have a solid season and Dallas will finish 2nd in the East. Believe me, I'm no Dallas fan since Jones took over the GM duties.
If you like Favre style of playing then Romo will appeal to you, if you want error free football neither of these guys will be your cup of tea.
To be fair, Romo had 3 new starters on his offensive line, Dallas couldn't run the ball and Romo was harried most of the game.
The fumble was just one of those plays that can happen to anybody but the interception was very poor judgment.

JBCX
09-12-2011, 11:37 AM
If Jerry Jones ever wants a shot at another Super Bowl, he has to cut his losses and trade Tony Romo, or just cut him.

Move on. Romo is not the QB that will lead you to a Super Bowl. They haven't had a true championship-caliber QB since Aikman retired.

Throw your hat into the Andrew Luck ring.

nepg
09-12-2011, 11:58 AM
If Jerry Jones ever wants a shot at another Super Bowl, he has to cut his losses and trade Tony Romo, or just cut him.

Move on. Romo is not the QB that will lead you to a Super Bowl. They haven't had a true championship-caliber QB since Aikman retired.

Throw your hat into the Andrew Luck ring.
Meh. That's silly. They already took a good step in the right direction by not trying to build a dream team and getting proper coaches on the team. The Cowboys have gotten back to just football, and that's why they looked so good for 75% of the game yesterday.

If Romo ever has a year that isn't really good, you might be able to bring that up. But he's done a great job as the QB of this team, and there's no way you get rid of him... Especially when the market for trading a veteran QB isn't that great and when their next option is probably still a year away from being able to take over. If the Cowboys are getting rid of Romo, they're going with McGee. They're not in the mix to draft a QB.

And I don't even like Romo. This is just pure objectivity. If the Cowboys were ever going to cut ties with Romo, they would have done so this past off-season.

stephenson86
09-12-2011, 12:24 PM
I think Eli Manning has a very good matchup against Tony Romo @ being the greater quaterback. Tony Romo isn't elite in the pocket, Eli Manning on the other hand does his job great at completing passes in the pocket & on the run.

Sucks is a pretty strong word seeing as he isn't a bad QB he is just OK-pretty good. He far from sucks and there are plenty of teams that would have him over their QB's that ACTUALLY suck.

Rosebud
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Romo has never been the biggest reason for Dallas' failure to win a Superbowl under his tenure. So it's silly to suggest that replacing him is what they need to win a superbowl. How about they worry about finding a secondary, beef up the run D some more and keep working on the young OL. Romo is perfectly capable of taking a team to a superbowl if the team's good enough, unfortunately for him he's not yet been on a team good enough.

JBCX
09-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Meh. That's silly. They already took a good step in the right direction by not trying to build a dream team and getting proper coaches on the team. The Cowboys have gotten back to just football, and that's why they looked so good for 75% of the game yesterday.

If Romo ever has a year that isn't really good, you might be able to bring that up. But he's done a great job as the QB of this team, and there's no way you get rid of him... Especially when the market for trading a veteran QB isn't that great and when their next option is probably still a year away from being able to take over. If the Cowboys are getting rid of Romo, they're going with McGee. They're not in the mix to draft a QB.

And I don't even like Romo. This is just pure objectivity. If the Cowboys were ever going to cut ties with Romo, they would have done so this past off-season.

Your argument is the definition of "settling for second best".

Until the Cowboys get a better QB they are simply never going to win another Super Bowl ever again. If that's OK with Cowboys fans, then by all means, keep Romo. If 3500+ yard passing performances in regular season, 8-8, 10-6, 11-5 season with no playoff wins are fine, then keep Romo.

If Garrett is bold and wants to win championship(s), he will do what's right and jettison Romo and then start from scratch.

vidae
09-12-2011, 12:29 PM
You could do a LOT worse than Romo at QB.

Rosebud
09-12-2011, 12:33 PM

Until the Cowboys get a better QB they are simply never going to win another Super Bowl ever again. If that's OK with Cowboys fans, then by all means, keep Romo. If 3500+ yard passing performances in regular season, 8-8, 10-6, 11-5 season with no playoff wins are fine, then keep Romo.

If Garrett is bold and wants to win championship(s), he will do what's right and jettison Romo and then start from scratch.

If Garrett did that that would be further proof that the dude has made love for the giants and doesn't want Dallas to win a SB. I mean his play calling has ruined enough season all ready that I'd feel kinda bad about letting him screw the Cowgirls that bad.

Seriously, Romo could win a superbowl if that Offensive line becomes good, Garrett keeps his head out of his ass and the defense learns how to cover anyone. The guy's a good QB, but if you let him keep getting beat up and force him to throw the ball all game in shoot outs with some baffling big moment play calling, that's not a recipe for success.

PS Just wanted to point out how weird it feels posting good things about the Cowboys, I think I need to start sobering up, if I can't hate a division rival enough to pile on with ******** on top of ******** then I might have a serious problem.

JBCX
09-12-2011, 12:38 PM

You could also do alot worse than Drew Bledsoe on the Pats in 2001, or Brett Favre on the Packers in 2007, or Donovan McNabb on the Eagles in 2009. All of these organizations jettisoned their "solid" QBs and were better for it in the long run.

The goal of this game is to win a Super Bowl for your organization. If your starting QB is not a Super Bowl caliber QB, then what is the point of being beholden to him? Why waste time winning regular season games with him if he is incapable of being the kind of QB that will win serious games in the playoffs against elite competition?

Romo's in his early 30s now. He is what he is and he will not change. He is a known quantity, and you know you can't win a Super Bowl with him, so if you're bold and smart, you will cut ties and try to find your true franchise QB. If you're stupid and conservative, you will hold on to Romo as long as you can, maybe have some 10-6, 11-5 type of seasons, but eventually you will come away empty handed, have some bad seasons, and probably lose your job as a head coach.

Shane P. Hallam
09-12-2011, 12:44 PM

I concur. Does that mean you shouldn't try to develop another QB behind him? No. And Dallas HAS. They didn't spend a pick on McGee to make him a 3rd stringer, but he hasn't developed as well as they hoped. I imagine they will try again soon if McGee doesn't work out. Does it mean they should have taken Blaine Gabbert this past year? No, I don't believe they should.

CDCB14
09-12-2011, 12:45 PM
At the end of the day though that game shouldn't have been in romo's hands. The cowboys out played the jets and had the game won, and the block punt killed it all. The romo hate is just stupid people who hate the cowboys and have nothing better to do with their lives than hate on him to try and feel better about themselves.

Rosebud
09-12-2011, 12:46 PM
You could also do alot worse than Drew Bledsoe on the Pats in 2001, or Brett Favre on the Packers in 2007, or Donovan McNabb on the Eagles in 2009. All of these organizations jettisoned their "solid" QBs and were better for it in the long run.

The goal of this game is to win a Super Bowl for your organization. If your starting QB is not a Super Bowl caliber QB, then what is the point of being beholden to him? Why waste time winning regular season games with him if he is incapable of being the kind of QB that will win serious games in the playoffs against elite competition?

Romo's in his early 30s now. He is what he is and he will not change. He is a known quantity, and you know you can't win a Super Bowl with him, so if you're bold and smart, you will cut ties and try to find your true franchise QB. If you're stupid and conservative, you will hold on to Romo as long as you can, maybe have some 10-6, 11-5 type of seasons, but eventually you will come away empty handed, have some bad seasons, and probably lose your job as a head coach.

Drew Bledsoe was a really good QB in 2001, he was only jettisoned because he had a brutal injury and Brady took them to a superbowl his first year. Bledsoe then went to Buffalo and turned that team into one of the NFL's best offenses for a couple years. The only comparison possible would've been if McGee had stepped in last year for Romo and won them a superbowl, it didn't happen though.

Brett Favre needed to retire, he wasn't gotten rid of because he wasn't good enough, he was gotten rid of because he was handicapping the team since they had a great young QB they'd been grooming in anticipation of Brett Favre finally deciding to stay retired, which Bert had been failing to do.

McNabb was much worse and more injury prone than Romo is right now and you know why he was jettisoned? Because Philly also had a young QB they had been grooming who had shown flashes, with McNabb's rapidly decreasing performance they pulled the trigger to go to their young guy. Fortunately for them when he failed they also had Mike Vick sitting around being groomed and the rest is history.

Have you noticed a trend with all 3 cases you mentioned? The team in question had a young QB who either had a lot of potential and had been groomed for a while, Rodgers and Kolb, or had a young QB who stepped in and wrote the first chapter of his Hall of Fame career, Brady. Dallas just doesn't have that young QB waiting in the wings and getting rid of Romo without that young QB is beyond ********.

scottyboy
09-12-2011, 12:47 PM
At the end of the day though that game shouldn't have been in romo's hands. The cowboys out played the jets and had the game won, and the block punt killed it all. The romo hate is just stupid people who hate the cowboys and have nothing better to do with their lives than hate on him to try and feel better about themselves.

while this is partially true (the first sentence), there is literally 0 justification in throwing that ball to Dez/Revis at the end of the game. just none

CDCB14
09-12-2011, 12:47 PM

If im not mistaken, your an eagles fan. who is michael vick bro....? Besides that one win in lambeau, how is he clutch? It just the media hate on Dallas. If Romo is in say St. Louis.... the nation loves him.

VICK ALWAYS LOSES TOO. I win. end of argument.

Rosebud
09-12-2011, 12:48 PM

Drew Bledsoe was a really good QB in 2001, he was only jettisoned because he had a brutal injury and Brady took them to a superbowl his first year. Bledsoe then went to Buffalo and turned that team into one of the NFL's best offenses for a couple years. The only comparison possible would've been if McGee had stepped in last year for Romo and won them a superbowl, that didn't happen though.

Brett Favre needed to retire, he wasn't gotten rid of because he wasn't good enough, he was gotten rid of because he was handicapping the team since they had a great young QB they'd been grooming in anticipation of Brett Favre finally deciding to stay retired, which Bert had been failing to do.

McNabb was much worse and more injury prone than Romo is right now and you know why he was jettisoned? Because Philly also had a young QB they had been grooming who had shown flashes, with McNabb's rapidly decreasing performance they pulled the trigger to go to their young guy. Fortunately for them when he failed they also had Mike Vick sitting around being groomed and the rest is history.

Have you noticed a trend with all 3 cases you mentioned? The team in question had a young QB who either had a lot of potential and had been groomed for a while, Rodgers and Kolb, or had a young QB who stepped in and wrote the first chapter of his Hall of Fame career, Brady. Dallas just doesn't have that young QB waiting in the wings and getting rid of Romo without that young QB is beyond ********.

EDIT:
Also I don't see how why you think you can't win a SB with Romo, you state it with such certainty just because it hasn't happened yet there's little proof of this other than the fact that it hasn't happened yet. I get it, people like to make outrageous claims sometimes, Peyton and Brees got the same **** before they won their superbowls, but Romo has played at a good level where he isn't what'll hold a good enough team back.

CDCB14
09-12-2011, 12:50 PM
I want to switch the focues to michael vick for a second. What has he ever won? Didn't he lose the playoffs on a pick last year?....

CDCB14
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Haha, ok eagles fan, neg rep me because im right.... Ouch my e-cred is what I live by....

bucfan12
09-12-2011, 01:20 PM
I still think Romo is a great QB, but if the game is close, he's not the one that performs at his best with the game on the line. Whether it's tied or there down a score, he chokes under pressure in big games. That's what seperates championship qbs from regular season performers.

D-Unit
09-12-2011, 01:25 PM
It's not hate. It's calling it like it is. You're being an apologist. You say the ball shouldn't have been in Romo's hands, yet you want to defend him? If you have a good QB, then you WANT the ball in his hands.

The blocked punt was just one of the reasons why the Boys lost. But fumbling on the 1 yard line and throwing an INT are on Romo. No ifs ands or buts.

bantx
09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm not an eagles fan but I negged you k

JBCX
09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Look; if i'm an Eagles fan I hope that the Cowboys stick with Romo through 2020. I'm just telling it like it is: opposing teams know the Cowboy's QB is a joke. A flat-out joke. If the Cowboys ever got someone like Andrew Luck, and groomed him to be the franchise QB, that team would win *multiple* Super Bowls within the next decade. With Romo at the helm, they may not win another playoff game in this decade.

I don't understand why Cowboys fans constantly defend a 30+year old known choker of a QB. Don't you guys want to win Super Bowls ever again?

Raiderz4Life
09-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Romo is a good QB 75% of the time. Just so happens the 25% he decides to suck is the most crucial.

DiG
09-12-2011, 03:42 PM
is romo the only nfc east qb not to have played in an nfc championship game? cant remember if vick did in atl.

jrdrylie
09-12-2011, 03:47 PM
is romo the only nfc east qb not to have played in an nfc championship game? cant remember if vick did in atl.

Vick played in the NFC Championship game in the 2004-2005 season against Philadelphia.

Ness
09-12-2011, 03:47 PM
EDIT:
Also I don't see how why you think you can't win a SB with Romo, you state it with such certainty just because it hasn't happened yet there's little proof of this other than the fact that it hasn't happened yet. I get it, people like to make outrageous claims sometimes, Peyton and Brees got the same **** before they won their superbowls, but Romo has played at a good level where he isn't what'll hold a good enough team back.

Peyton Manning got it in spades especially. Up until his sixth season he always lost in the first game of the playoffs the Colts played. And he didn't win a championship until his 9th year.

Ness
09-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Look; if i'm an Eagles fan I hope that the Cowboys stick with Romo through 2020. I'm just telling it like it is: opposing teams know the Cowboy's QB is a joke. A flat-out joke. If the Cowboys ever got someone like Andrew Luck, and groomed him to be the franchise QB, that team would win *multiple* Super Bowls within the next decade. With Romo at the helm, they may not win another playoff game in this decade.

I don't understand why Cowboys fans constantly defend a 30+year old known choker of a QB. Don't you guys want to win Super Bowls ever again?

This is ridiculous. Andrew Luck hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet so it's absurd to make such an outlandish claim. He could very well end up being the next Jeff George. Steve Young was 32 when he finally won the Super Bowl so I'm not sure why you're bringing up age.

jrdrylie
09-12-2011, 04:50 PM
This is ridiculous. Andrew Luck hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet so it's absurd to make such an outlandish claim. He could very well end up being the next Jeff George. Steve Young was 32 when he finally won the Super Bowl so I'm not sure why you're bringing up age.

Elway was 37 before he won one. Winning a Super Bowl is not an easy thing to do. The guy is 31. He still has time. And Romo is far better than anything Dallas has had since Aikman.

bigbluedefense
09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Romo is a very good qb.

Is he a clutch qb? No. He's not a very good qb in the playoffs and he does make crushing mistakes many times in the regular season as well.

But what everyone fails to realize is, he's also had a lot of moments where he makes huge plays to win his team games in crunch time too. It's just that, bc he's the qb of the Dallas Cowboys, his shortcomings are put under a microscope. And bc he fails more than he succeeds in the clutch, we amplify that.

He's really not that different from Phillip Rivers, another qb who's a stat machine in the regular season who's underachieved in the postseason. But Philly plays for SD, and even SD doesn't give a damn about the Chargers so his shortcomings are largely ignored.

You can do a lot worse than Tony Romo.

Saints-Tigers
09-12-2011, 05:23 PM
We can't all have Breesus Christ, some of us have to settle for false prophets.

Raiderz4Life
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Romo is a very good qb.

Is he a clutch qb? No. He's not a very good qb in the playoffs and he does make crushing mistakes many times in the regular season as well.

But what everyone fails to realize is, he's also had a lot of moments where he makes huge plays to win his team games in crunch time too.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d802d2b6d/Can-t-Miss-Play-Tony-Romo-scramble

Like that one. Always liked that one

CDCB14
09-14-2011, 10:23 AM

We'll see what happens when we play the eagles, buddy.

TheFinisher
09-14-2011, 07:54 PM
I've had some time to mull over it after the loss on Sunday.

Romo is a lot like Brett Favre, they both have that mentality that they want to make something happen on every play. This results in taking risks with the football that most QBs would never take. There are pros and cons to playing the game like this. How many times have fans begged Favre to just throw the football away instead of throwing that critical INT at the end of a game? Some of my most vivid football memories are of Brett Favre in the playoffs ending the game on a pick.

QBs like Romo and Favre are successful because they are so unpredictable and extremely aggressive, but they have also been labeled as chokers when their risks don't pay off. You can't change the way they play the game, they will never be game managers or conservative signal callers. The Cowboys are going to live and die by Tony Romo, just like the Packers lived and died by Favre. There will be some heartbreaking moments, but also some amazing ones.

J-Mike88
09-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Farve has had a lot worse collapses in the big moments, too many to list them all. There was also the 2004 divisional playoff loss (in OT) at the Eagles in which Farve on the first play, threw a punt up and out 50 yards right for Brian Dawkins to practically fair catch. Game, season over.

He also was outplayed, at home, in the playoffs and lost to: Dante Culpepper and young Mike Vick. Also threw like 7 Ints and 3 pick-6's in a playoff loss to the Rams.

Now, granted, at least he made it to the big games. Romo has not even made it to a big game yet. Other than getting Donny McNabb, Dallas has still not won a playoff game since early in the Bill CLinton administration.

JHBbmyko2h4
YbbZ7_dGTTE

Don't forget, Brady has laid eggs in the playoffs for the most part since 2004.... Manning threw a pick to end that Super Bowl against the Saints.
This week, Roethlisberger and Ryan were also atrocious and donated turnovers like a hooker on clearance.

bucfan12
09-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Romo needs to be better when it matters most. He folds late in games, not only in the playoffs, but in the regular season as well. I could be wrong and maybe he's done it once or twice, but when I've seen him, he throws that crutial interception when trying to win the game on the last drive or tie it.

It just seems like he tenses up. He's good for the first 3 and half quarters and heck some times great. But I don't see him winning a championship unless the Cowboys go into every game with a two score lead heading into the 4th quarter.

NotRickJames
09-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Romo sucks in the final two minutes of a game.

DMWSackMachine
09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Romo is a very good qb.

But what everyone fails to realize is, he's also had a lot of moments where he makes huge plays to win his team games in crunch time too. It's just that, bc he's the qb of the Dallas Cowboys, his shortcomings are put under a microscope. And bc he fails more than he succeeds in the clutch, we amplify that.

He's really not that different from Phillip Rivers, another qb who's a stat machine in the regular season who's underachieved in the postseason. But Philly plays for SD, and even SD doesn't give a damn about the Chargers so his shortcomings are largely ignored.

You can do a lot worse than Tony Romo.

+1 and /thread

Romo giveth and he taketh away. Anyone who thinks he doesn't make clutch plays to win games, I can name literally a dozen examples where you are wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007100800/2007/REG5/cowboys@bills#tab=recap

Romo overcomes terrible start to rally team and get them in position for last-second FG victory

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2007120902/2007/REG14/cowboys@lions#tab=recap

Romo picks it up late and throws game-winning TD to Witten on last play of game.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2006111903/2006/REG11/colts@cowboys#tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

Against eventual Super Bowl champs, Romo leads game-winning TD drive with 6 min to play, then makes game-clinching throws to run the clock out and drive the nail in the coffin

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010091212/2010/REG1/cowboys@redskins#menu=gamepass&tab=recap

Romo drives team down the field and throws game winning TD as time expires....but play is nullified by holding penalty

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2006120305/2006/REG13/cowboys@giants/tab-post-analyze/cat-post-boxscore#tab=recap&recap=fullstory

Romo throws unbelievable 42 yard pass down the sideline with 1:00 to go in the Meadowlands to set up game winning FG versus Giants

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009121900/2009/REG15/cowboys@saints#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze&recap=fullstory&analyze=playbyplay

Romo plays near-perfect game versus undefeated Saints to take a commanding lead. After Saints roar back to within 7, Romo leads game-clinching drive with 8min to go, all the way down to Saint 6 yard line. Nick Folk misses game-clinching 24 yard kick.

.....and I could go on.

Romo is held to a different standard, because he was proclaimed loudly as the heir apparent to America's Team and the next great wtfever.

He has had many successes and many failures.

At this point in time, it would appear that he's definitely not in the conversation with the real greats like Manning, Brady, Brees and maybe Ben. However, there's nothing to say that he's not just as good as the next pack of QBs like Rivers, Rodgers (although he might be in the process of making The Leap), Vick, Eli etc.

Romo is not a transcendent player who will will you to great things. But if you build a championship caliber team around him, he's not going to keep you from it, either. He's a very good but not great player. Pretty simple.

Breed
09-18-2011, 05:15 PM

DMWSackMachine
09-19-2011, 12:12 AM
http://blog.2createawebsite.com/wp-content/themes/thesis/custom/images/cricket.gif

yodabear
09-19-2011, 12:51 AM
I came in here to laugh at everyone, but I just decided to watch the video of Favre's interception that J-Mike posted. That ladies and gents is why I am trying everything I can to not live in Minnesota....they are angry people.