REC 65 YARDS 964 TD 11

Dez Bryant:
REC 45 YARDS 561 TD 6
First Week Stats:
Dez Bryant:
REC 3 YARDS 71 TD 1

Mike Williams:
REC 4 YARDS 50 TD 1

This 2 guys are clearly the best from last years draft. MW slipped because of off the field issuse, but on the field he was a first round talent.

The question is who is the better "receiver"? Bryant is clearly the better player because of what he gives you on special teams. Who will have the better career at WR, and why?

yo123
09-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Dez, not close to me. He's the more explosive athlete by far and the difference in stats last year can be attributed to playing with Jon Kitna, injuries, and the Cowboys having more weapons to spread the ball around to.

BigBanger
09-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Dez, not close to me.
As much as I liked Williams coming out of college compared to most, Bryant is so physical, and I mean PHYSICAL, and so strong at the point of attack and after that catch that few veterans compare to him. He has such amazing hands and great ball skills, that it simply makes for a rare player. He is an absolute BEAST on the field and plays with a tenacity and competitiveness that is pretty astounding. He's a good route runner (Williams is better though). Dez is a complete dumbass, which is well documented, who has a good chance of throwing it all away. Outside of being a complete shithead, Dez is almost perfect.

V.I.P
09-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Mike's TD grab today was incredible.

He'll get more exposure due to our prime time games this season. But it's to early to decide. I'ma still vote Mike, because i am a dirty little homer :D

Anyways i'll proceed to post a random pic below..

http://www.baynews9.com/static/articles/images/sports2011/ap-williams-dive-td-seahawks.jpg

Bengalsrocket
09-12-2011, 12:29 AM
I voted TSDK because there was no Jordan Shipley option and I refuse to pander to your cowboy / bucs homerisms.

Just kidding, I voted "Too soon, don't know" because... it's too soon and I don't know!

Ness
09-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Have to wait and see. Both could have very good careers though.

Complex
09-12-2011, 12:44 AM
I feel like someone is missing.I voted to soon.

bucfan12
09-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Don't underrate Williams. He's got that ability to go up and make those Fitzgerald type's of catches. Did you see that grab today? Aaron Berry was all in his grill and he just outjumped him for the ball.

vidae
09-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Dez Bryant for me.

TheFinisher
09-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Dez Bryant's ability is in a league of it's own IMO. You can call me a homer or whatever, but if this guy can stay healthy he's going to straight up dominate the league. He's just better than everybody else on the field.

The injury part is a very real concern though, the only time in his career where he has been 100% healthy was the 1st quarter of last night's game.

Iamcanadian
09-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Dez Bryant has character issues which suggest his career will be a disappointment. He has a higher ceiling than Williams but IMO, Williams will have a far better career than Dez.
Dez's head simply isn't always in the game and he doesn't always give 100%.
I'd take Williams everyday of the year.

keylime_5
09-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Dez is going to be better. His ceiling is ridiculous. But right now Mike Williams is doing more. Mike doesn't have Miles Austin and Jason Witten to take pressure off of him either.

keylime_5
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Based on the poll results, clearly a lot of people haven't watch Mike Williams play very much.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Dez Bryant's ability is in a league of it's own IMO. You can call me a homer or whatever, but if this guy can stay healthy he's going to straight up dominate the league. He's just better than everybody else on the field.

The injury part is a very real concern though, the only time in his career where he has been 100% healthy was the 1st quarter of last night's game.

Completely correct. Absolutely loved him as a prospect. My favorite WR over the past few years.

Based on the poll results, clearly a lot of people haven't watch Mike Williams play very much.

Or maybe they just recognize the rare talent Bryant is. Mike Williams certainly looks very good, but Bryant has looked on an elite level at times. If he's on the field, he's clearly superior. Big if though.

Hurricanes25
09-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Tough choice. Mike Williams is and will be a very very good WR but I think Dez is on the verge of becoming a superstar. Hes a freakish athlete.

keylime_5
09-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Or maybe they just recognize the rare talent Bryant is. Mike Williams certainly looks very good, but Bryant has looked on an elite level at times. If he's on the field, he's clearly superior. Big if though.

i can see voting Bryant.....but it's a lot closer than 22 to 6 or whatever the current poll result is.

yo123
09-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Dez Bryant has character issues which suggest his career will be a disappointment. He has a higher ceiling than Williams but IMO, Williams will have a far better career than Dez.
Dez's head simply isn't always in the game and he doesn't always give 100%.
I'd take Williams everyday of the year.

You act like we've never seen diva WR's before, and that none of them have worked out.

Rosebud
09-12-2011, 04:33 PM
You act like we've never seen diva WR's before, and that none of them have worked out.

Well Randy Moss and TO were terrible busts afterall...god I can't wait to be senile and just not give a ****!

niel89
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I have to say that Bryant will eventually be the better WR. He is just incredibly talented. How ever I think that Williams will produce better because he will continue to develop with Freeman. I think that Williams will do more to cultivate his game, but Bryant's talent will eventually give him the edge.

Its interesting because both of these guys do have the character concerns label on them. Williams already has already run in with a DUI, although he was cleared of that (.065 b.a.c), and Bryant has had issues with him taking jewelry and not paying at the time and another run in with some security guard or something. Gun to my head I would choose Dez as the one who's character prevents him from reaching his potential.

keylime_5
09-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Bryant is a little better athlete, but let's not take away from Mike Williams' ability. Guy was gonna be a first round pick if he didn't sit out a year of football before the draft. They had almost identical workout numbers if I remember correctly. Maybe Dez jumped a little further/higher, but their height/weight/40 time i remember almost identical.

lowlife
09-12-2011, 08:02 PM
As much as I'd like to say Mike... Dez's ability after the catch is just too good. Williams ability to high point the ball is seriously good, but Dez's is just nuts.

Williams does have better body control though. His uncanny ability to coordinate his hands, feet, and body to complete the catch is something wacky.

V.I.P
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Dez is going to be better. His ceiling is ridiculous. But right now Mike Williams is doing more. Mike doesn't have Miles Austin and Jason Witten to take pressure off of him either.
Bryant is a little better athlete, but let's not take away from Mike Williams' ability. Guy was gonna be a first round pick if he didn't sit out a year of football before the draft. They had almost identical workout numbers if I remember correctly. Maybe Dez jumped a little further/higher, but their height/weight/40 time i remember almost identical.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.

Complex
09-12-2011, 09:24 PM
I think you guys are overrating Dez Bryant, you are acting like he has Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss type talent.

vidae
09-12-2011, 10:14 PM
He doesn't?

ElectricEye
09-12-2011, 10:38 PM
I think you guys are overrating Dez Bryant, you are acting like he has Calvin Johnson/Randy Moss type talent.

He's a notch below. I think he's a little bit overhyped, but the talent is very real.

I'll take him over Williams. Williams is a good player, but he had a better situation to step into last year and was a little overrated as a result. He had the ball thrown to him far more. Good rookie year, but the advanced stats from Football Outsiders actually had him grading out as average to a notch below even. Not a perfect system by any means, but it's something worth looking at and it lined up with the eyeball test for me. His ceiling is also fairly limited in comparison to Bryant as well. I think he'll be more of a a second tier receiving than a truly elite guy in the end.

There is a fair amount of projection involved in thinking Dez will be better, though. Similar players right now, with Dez showing flashes of superior ability.

Caddy
09-12-2011, 10:41 PM
I'd be stoked to have either one to be honest.

vidae
09-12-2011, 11:26 PM

I'd be stoked to have YOU to be honest.

keylime_5
09-13-2011, 12:11 AM

few have came into the league with that type of physical talent......but Bryant has the skills to be one of the elite WRs in the NFL ala Moss, Johnson, Fitzgerald, A.Johnson, etc.

bucfan12
09-13-2011, 01:40 AM
He's a notch below. I think he's a little bit overhyped, but the talent is very real.

I'll take him over Williams. Williams is a good player, but he had a better situation to step into last year and was a little overrated as a result. He had the ball thrown to him far more. Good rookie year, but the advanced stats from Football Outsiders actually had him grading out as average to a notch below even. Not a perfect system by any means, but it's something worth looking at and it lined up with the eyeball test for me. His ceiling is also fairly limited in comparison to Bryant as well. I think he'll be more of a a second tier receiving than a truly elite guy in the end.

There is a fair amount of projection involved in thinking Dez will be better, though. Similar players right now, with Dez showing flashes of superior ability.

Explain to me how Mike Williams had a better situation than Dez Bryant did last year? Williams was a rookie WR with 2 other ROokies at #2 and #3? He had Freeman at QB, but was entering his 2nd year. He was surrounded by young talent and succeeded as the go to WR for Freeman.

Bryant was surrounded by veterans. Miles Austin, Jason Witten, and experienced Romo.

Don't get started with both have character flaws either. Bryant lacks a ton of maturity. Williams, teams just didn't do there homework on. He struggled in school and was kicked off for grades. Yet, people said he quit the team. Plus, his run in for the supposedly "DUI" was bogus. I believe those two dip-SH*t cops that took him in were questioned by someone higher up and made fools out of for that arrest.

No doubt both have the potential to be top WRs in this league, but Williams has clearly outperformed Bryant to this point.

bucfan12
09-13-2011, 01:41 AM
Also, look at the type of catches Williams has made. I doubt 2nd tier WRs make those types of grabs.

ellsy82
09-13-2011, 02:08 AM
I'll take Williams. Dez has more upside but Williams is more consistent. Gimme the receiver that does what is needed.

gpngc
09-13-2011, 03:22 AM

They are both ******* awesome and neither have played 20 games yet. Come back to us in two years and still then it will probably be too close to call.

I think Dez definitely has more pure physical talent though. But LMW doesn't have the durability issues Dez has had thus far in his career. And he's produced more as a result.

Sooooooo... let's just watch both of them OK!?!?!?!

Caddy
09-13-2011, 03:26 AM
I'd be stoked to have YOU to be honest.

The feeling is mutual vidae.

ElectricEye
09-13-2011, 10:06 AM
Explain to me how Mike Williams had a better situation than Dez Bryant did last year? Williams was a rookie WR with 2 other ROokies at #2 and #3? He had Freeman at QB, but was entering his 2nd year. He was surrounded by young talent and succeeded as the go to WR for Freeman.
He had Josh Freemen throwing him the ball with little else to compete against. Arrelious Benn didn't live up to expectations last year and the rest of the receiving core was pretty much junk.

Bryant was surrounded by veterans. Miles Austin, Jason Witten, and experienced Romo. ......except Romo attempted a whopping 200 passes last year last year and those other options were taking looks away from Bryant. The Cowboys also screened just about as much as any team in the league. I wouldn't want Kitna throwing the ball down the field either, but still, you are taking targets away from your second receiver with stuff like that.

So yeah, I don't really see what so egregious about saying Williams was put in a better position to put up better numbers. It really comes down to the fact that Williams was target a 127 times(he only converted 50% of those, by the way. For a guy who isn't a great vertical threat, that's below average) and Bryant was targeted 70 times. Makes sense given that Bryant played in an offense with more talent at receiver and tight, but it makes me feel fairly confident that we'll see Bryant's numbers rise this year with a quarterback who can actually make use of his skillset.

Watchman
09-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Too soon to tell

Saints-Tigers
09-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Dez Bryant isn't as gifted as Andre Johnson, who isn't as good as Calvin Johnson, or Fitz. Randy and Dez shouldn't even be put in the same sentence.(I did it)

diesel
09-13-2011, 03:15 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/cc/fullj.650f63169d6eefad39d4cfe71b30f0c7/ap-201109112030738084788.jpg

SenorGato
09-18-2011, 12:12 AM
This shouldn't even be a contest. Bryant is a monster. He and Ware are the only reason to watch the Cowboys.

Nicks vs. Williams would be more interesting...I'm a huge Nicks fan personally.