PDA

View Full Version : Week 2: some great games

J-Mike88
09-12-2011, 09:54 AM
3 5-STAR games.

Philadelphia @ Atlanta
Chicago at New Orleans
San Diego @ New England

Dallas @ San Francisco (wait, this ain't the 90's anymore)

How are the Rams on Monday Night Football already, week 2?
Rams @ Giants.

Browns @ Colts. Someone has to win.
Seattle @ Pittsburgh. I'd hate to be Seattle in that game. Steelers by 20.

Falcons and Saints need wins or else they start 0-2 despite having #1-seed aspirations. Vick at Falcons.... juicy. I bet there will be plenty of Falcons Vick jerseys worn by the gangsters of Atlanta there, who root for him still more than their hometown game. Great matchup!

Bears defense faces Brees and the Saints, with Colston now conveniently out and #2 little WR Lance Moore still hobbled. Edge Bears.

XxXdragonXxX
09-13-2011, 02:43 PM
So, Seattle has to play in Pittsburgh because the NFL made up some stupid rule preventing East Coast teams from making too many west coast trips....Pitt should be travelling to Seattle because Seattle traveled to Pitt for their last meeting, but Pitt gets the home game instead. Interestingly enough, there is no rule preventing West coast teams from making too many east coast trips.

AND

Superbowl XL official Bill Leavy will be reffing the game.

Face, slap.

Babylon
09-13-2011, 04:41 PM
So, Seattle has to play in Pittsburgh because the NFL made up some stupid rule preventing East Coast teams from making too many west coast trips....Pitt should be travelling to Seattle because Seattle traveled to Pitt for their last meeting, but Pitt gets the home game instead. Interestingly enough, there is no rule preventing West coast teams from making too many east coast trips.

AND

Superbowl XL official Bill Leavy will be reffing the game.

Face, slap.

After Ben Dreith admitting screwing the Patriots in a playoff game back in the 70s the league said he'd never do another N.E. game. Today they could care less.

tjsunstein
09-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Cam Newton vs. a real defense.

sbh15
09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Cam Newton vs. a real defense.

once the packers get up 35-0 at the half and put their backups in, newton will go off against scrubs and we'll continue to hear about camzzz newtonzzzz. seriously, if kolb put up 300 and 2 tds against carolina, i am scared to see rodgers' statline.

Breed
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Every team in the NFC South will be 0-2

Bengalsrocket
09-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Carlos Dunlap is about to start the Tim Tebow era after he gets done with the Bronco's O-line :)

In all seriousness though, I think we lose :(

ShutDwn
09-13-2011, 05:52 PM
once the packers get up 35-0 at the half and put their backups in, newton will go off against scrubs and we'll continue to hear about camzzz newtonzzzz. seriously, if kolb put up 300 and 2 tds against carolina, i am scared to see rodgers' statline.

Aaron Rodgers will undoubtedly do very well against the Panthers because they don't have enough corners to cover the receivers of the Packers. But Kolb's performance isn't worth using as proof.

The argument that Cam's performance was due to the poor defense he played is easily applied to Kolb. His stat line is misleading because of the two TDs he threw on huge blown coverages by the Panthers.

Not saying the Panthers won't make those same mistakes vs the Packers, but I'm saying that I wasn't that impressed with Kolb.

sbh15
09-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Aaron Rodgers will undoubtedly do very well against the Panthers because they don't have enough corners to cover the receivers of the Packers. But Kolb's performance isn't worth using as proof.

The argument that Cam's performance was due to the poor defense he played is easily applied to Kolb. His stat line is misleading because of the two TDs he threw on huge blown coverages by the Panthers.

Not saying the Panthers won't make those same mistakes vs the Packers, but I'm saying that I wasn't that impressed with Kolb.

i wasn't either, i'm simply saying that they blew enough coverage for kolb to go off and their going into a game against a quarterback that if you give him even a minor lapse in coverage he can turn it into a 30 yard gain like nothing.

J-Mike88
09-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Which will be the closest game of the week?
We need one overtime game this week.

I see Philly-Atlanta going OT.

AntoinCD
09-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Which will be the closest game of the week?
We need one overtime game this week.

I see Philly-Atlanta going OT.

Eh...I suppose it could be close but I see both teams having the opportunity of scoring lots of points thus diminishing the chances of overtime. I would go TB/Minnesota for a low scoring OT game. 14-14 or 17-17, something like that

Diehard
09-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Carlos Dunlap is about to start the Tim Tebow era after he gets done with the Bronco's O-line :)

If Carlos wishes to inflict a critical injury on Orton, who I am to disagree? It would allow us to actually start the much-needed process of finding out if the other QB's are anything more than utter dog****.

In all seriousness though, I think we lose :(

Really? Our injury report might as well say "veteran starters on defense". If you can't run all over the Broncos defense this week, you're doing it wrong.

Our only real hope is on offense: 1) maybe one of the backup RB's can take advantage of Moreno's absence and show that, yes, it is possible to run between the tackles... or 2) pass the ball like ******* madmen and see if your secondary can hold up.

yodabear
09-18-2011, 12:18 AM
The Rams are on MNF now because its called we are an up and coming team. People wanna see underdogs coming from behind and coming back and winning. Plus, do u want the Rams on later in the season? We are on again, but why not week 2. I know this shocks all of u packer fans, but the Packers can't be on in primetime every ******* week. The NFL hates that fact as much as u guys I am sure.