PDA

View Full Version : lions eyeing patrick willis??

lionsfan81
03-25-2007, 11:16 AM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070325/SPORTS08/703250331

nothing really new tho

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070325/SPORTS08/703250331

nothing really new thoNot a bad article.

I certinally hope they find a way to get him... as it says, even if we don't trade down, we'll have our eye on him.

Xiomera
03-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Relative speed: A report surfaced during Super Bowl week that former Lions receiver Charles Rogers worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs and was timed in 4.9 seconds in the 40. Rogers was a high school sprint champion in Michigan and once did 4.28 before the draft in 2003.
Joe Staley, an offensive tackle from Central Michigan, was timed in 4.79 for his 40, and he weighs 304 pounds.

WOW, just WOW

lol

TNewFan41
03-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Why? he is just an Ernie Sims clone.

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Why? he is just an Ernie Sims clone.??

He'll play MLB... Sims plays WLB. Anyway, Willis is his own beast.

Xiomera
03-25-2007, 12:00 PM

This post justifies your incredibly low reputation.

asmitty45
03-25-2007, 01:14 PM

exactly, sims was the best player on our defense we could always use more fast hard-hitting leadership-type linebackers.

DeMonikk1
03-25-2007, 01:33 PM

And this argument is based on...???

Two different players, two different positions..same great work ethic and outstanding ability and upside..yep, wouldn't want two guys like that leading your linebacking corps..

Jagonsucker
03-25-2007, 01:34 PM

thats not a bad thing, Sims did pretty well his rookie year and i think he led our team in tackles.

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 02:09 PM
That's funny.

TNewFan... in all of his pointlessness, made one stupid comment... and every Lions fan gave a good response to it.

I love the Lions fans we've got on this forum. Keep up the good work.

Addict
03-25-2007, 03:22 PM
That's funny.

TNewFan... in all of his pointlessness, made one stupid comment... and every Lions fan gave a good response to it.

I love the Lions fans we've got on this forum. Keep up the good work.

I'm not sure that is a good thing, we all aknowledged the remark in the first place, personally I tend to ignore people who are this clueless.

TacticaLion
03-25-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure that is a good thing, we all aknowledged the remark in the first place, personally I tend to ignore people who are this clueless.

Nah, I disagree... I think it's a very good thing. Stupid comments from stupid people shouldn't go untouched.

I'm glad we say something.

WMD
03-25-2007, 07:16 PM

http://www.aronswebsites.com/images/frustrated.jpg

http://www.gearsandwidgets.com/external/frustrated.jpg

http://www.famad.com/images/Disappointed-husband.jpg

http://www.webloggin.com/images/disappointed.jpg

Pocket
03-25-2007, 07:31 PM
HAHAHHAH

WMD I love you for that post. HAHAHA

Brodeur
03-25-2007, 08:13 PM

Oh you. Another brilliant post I must say.

Scotty D
03-25-2007, 08:14 PM
He brought that weak sauce in here, and got demolished.

TacticaLion
03-26-2007, 09:27 AM
This thread has been outstanding since TNewFan decided to grace us with his knowledge.

Weak sauce... demolished. And... WMD... the pictures. How fantastic.

Very fantastic.

ironman4579
03-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Ah Tnewfan. Like the Private Pyle of NFLDC. Except Pyle was kind of funny. And then shot himself.

P-L
03-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I like Willis and hope if they Lions trade down they can land him. However, if they take him #2 overall then I will lose the little bit of faith I have left in the organization.

ironman4579
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I like Willis and hope if they Lions trade down they can land him. However, if they take him #2 overall then I will lose the little bit of faith I have left in the organization.

I agree with this. I wouldn't want him at 2. A little too high IMO. But he'd still be a damn nice player to grab up if we trade down.

TacticaLion
03-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I agree with this. I wouldn't want him at 2. A little too high IMO. But he'd still be a damn nice player to grab up if we trade down.

It is too high... but... grr. I'd rather have him than not have him.

DeMonikk1
03-26-2007, 11:10 AM
It is too high... but... grr. I'd rather have him than not have him.

Exactly. Sometimes you do have to reach to get who you want and need, but in the end, if th eplayer works out, that's all that matters. I think they'll still trade down anyway and get him, but if it looks like someone else wants him, take him at #2. And then the LB core will be solid for the next 10-12 years..

TacticaLion
03-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Exactly. Sometimes you do have to reach to get who you want and need, but in the end, if th eplayer works out, that's all that matters. I think they'll still trade down anyway and get him, but if it looks like someone else wants him, take him at #2. And then the LB core will be solid for the next 10-12 years..That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Yes, it would be a reach... and, yes, we could probably trade down, get additional picks and still take him. But, if, for some reason, you can't find a reasonable trade and are running out of time, I'd rather have him than not have him. It'll pay off in the long run... he'll be dominant.

Sims-Willis... man tha'd be fun.

DeMonikk1
03-26-2007, 11:29 AM
That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Yes, it would be a reach... and, yes, we could probably trade down, get additional picks and still take him. But, if, for some reason, you can't find a reasonable trade and are running out of time, I'd rather have him than not have him. It'll pay off in the long run... he'll be dominant.

Sims-Willis... man tha'd be fun.

And they could rotate Boss and Teddy to try and keep them fresh. Teddy on Run-D, Boss in coverage for the most part..with P-Willie and Ernie..lots of speed and power right there...I'd be happier then a Viatnamese kid with Angelina Jolie visiting my village..

TacticaLion
03-26-2007, 11:38 AM
And they could rotate Boss and Teddy to try and keep them fresh. Teddy on Run-D, Boss in coverage for the most part..with P-Willie and Ernie..lots of speed and power right there...I'd be happier then a Viatnamese kid with Angelina Jolie visiting my village..

HAHA! That's a great line man... well done.

It would be awesome, though. I dunno how we're gonna do it, but I hope we leave this draft with some answers.

DeMonikk1
03-26-2007, 11:43 AM
HAHA! That's a great line man... well done.

It would be awesome, though. I dunno how we're gonna do it, but I hope we leave this draft with some answers.

I agree. They cannot fix this team with one draft, but if they actually come through again here, it will go a long way. Especially getting guys who don't have the me-first negativity and are all about getting their paychecks( Hello Dre Bly, you prick!) instead of working as a team for a goal. Willis seems to have the correct mindset as does CJ. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing who is drafted...hell yeah..

LIONHE4RT
03-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Just a question.......Who would you rather have at #2 or #3?.......

1. Joey Harrington
2. Charles Rogers
3. Patrick Willis

I think I'll take P Willie and not look back. We've already had bad luck with our high picks. If we can't trade back lets take the guy we really want and mostly need!

Cunningham
02-28-2008, 09:11 PM
anyone remember this classic thread?

TacticaLion
02-28-2008, 10:00 PM
anyone remember this classic thread?

It's a great thread... until you remember that we didn't take Willis and he's a beast.

Sad thread.

WMD
02-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Ah yes one of my all time greatest posts occurred in this thread.

Addict
02-29-2008, 06:34 AM
I almost forgot what a huge moron TNewFan was... Thanks for bumping.

DaBear89
02-29-2008, 07:30 AM
you guys almost got me, i saw the title of the thread and thought you were trading for him...i was like great now DET is even putting together a competent team...then i saw the post dates...God Bless Matt Millen :P

wingboy2999
02-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Nah, I disagree... I think it's a very good thing. Stupid comments from stupid people shouldn't go untouched.

I'm glad we say something.

No wonder you get so many responses.

You set me up for that one.