PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 - Chiefs at Lions (-8)

Scotty D
09-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Eric Berry is out for the year and the Chiefs got stomped on at home by the Bills. Lions will be hyped for their home opener. All signs point to a Lions victory but anything can happen in the NFL. Bowe and Charles are healthy so the Chiefs have a chance.

BRAVEHEART
09-14-2011, 02:02 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/djphilmack/curb-stomp.gif

Byrd430
09-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Lions -8???? Really????

When was the last time the Lions were that big of a favorite?

Are the Chiefs worse than the Bucs? Was their loss to Buffalo really so horrible that they should be an eight point underdog.....against the Lions????

Prowler
09-14-2011, 10:28 AM
This is almost as ideal of a match-up as we can hope for this season. No Berry, Moeaki, or Baldwin. Breaston and Bowe are solid receivers, but combined for 4 catches for 43 yards on 10 targets last game. We should be able to focus on eliminating the big play by making sure our safeties stay disciplined and let our dline wreck some havoc on Cassel. I love our front 7 and they should do a solid job keeping Jamaal Charles in check.

Short version: Our D can beat their O, and our O will demolish their D. Calvin vs 5-9 Flowers? Carr? Doesn't matter, 45-13 Lions.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
09-14-2011, 10:41 AM
We just need to do what we did against the Bucs. Get a nice lead led by Stafford and Charles will be neutralized. From there the Lions need to put the pedal to the metal and close out the game instead of letting the other team back in it like against the Bucs. Home opener, Lions win by 14. It's not a gimme though even at home and even with the Chiefs getting blown out. Chiefs have talent and they will be fired up after getting blown out. Chris Houston needs to have another good game but Bowe will be a tough matchup for him.

Scotty D
09-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Chiefs interior offensive line is kind of weak, Suh should be able to get in there.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
09-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Why did the Chiefs drop Brian Waters? Lilja,Wiegman,Asomoah with Hudson on the bench. Suh and Corey should have good days.

Delmas and Calvin missed practice for the second straight day. Don't like that, we need both of them healthy for game day.

Xiomera
09-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Lions will win by three scores.

vidae
09-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Lions will win by three scores.

Barely!

Seriously, good game, sort of! There is absolutely no defending anything, we just got beat up and down like bitches again.

Great job and good luck the rest of the way you guys! I'm officially a Lions fan!

BRAVEHEART
09-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Gracias Vidae.

Xiomera
09-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Scary thought that the Lions are 2-0 without even playing their best games. There have been lots of fixable mistakes made in both games.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
you guys got a hell of a team. Suh is a ******* MAN!!! if you guys stay healthy, you got a deep run in the playoffs coming. Green Bay will under estimate you and lose. good luck the rest of the way!

p.s. kinda been a closet Lions fan cause of Barry Sanders. he's my fav NFL player ever and the best player i ever got to see. plus, he's from Wichita, which aint far.

Prowler
09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I kept hoping that Keiland Williams would run into the back of Peterman and take him out for the rest of the year...if only. I would take anyone over him.

It was scary how easily we lost the edge and over-pursued on D early. We were lucky that Charles wasn't able to play much. Once our offense set us up, then we were golden. This team feels like the Colts a decade ago. The great O sets up our pass rushing D. Our offense is good enough to carry this team and I have no idea how anybody can stop Calvin, Burleson, our tight ends, Best, Titus...so many weapons all out there.

Scotty D
09-18-2011, 09:07 PM
Loved the gatorade bath for Gunther. Titus Young made some plays.

BRAVEHEART
09-18-2011, 09:12 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/djphilmack/curb-stomp.gif

For extra emphasis.

Xiomera
09-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Justin Durant was impressive today. As were our starting CB duo.

Defense looks sound. I'll be very curious to see us face Green Bay.

georgiafan
09-19-2011, 07:35 AM
glad to see my boy stafford with back to back good games