PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Hot List (9/14)

Scott Wright
09-13-2011, 11:52 PM

Prospect Hot List - September 14, 2011
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/HotList/Hot-List.php

Leon Sandcastle
09-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Nice. Who doesn't like sleepers?

JHL6719
09-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Winston Guy <3

I think he's a really good player on a bad football team.

Shane P. Hallam
09-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks Scott! Hope you guys enjoy it. I'm looking forward to writing this all year again!

bucfan12
09-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Ty Hilton out of FIU is a name I'm keeping my eye on. He's got the makings as a future 3WR/slot man that can cause problems for opposing defenses.

BigBanger
09-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Really like seeing Melvin Ingram in there. I like his talent. Still raw, but I think he's really improved over last year where he had 9 (misleading) sacks. They move him all around and he stands up a lot as a pass rusher from an inside back position. He also had a very good game against ECU where he had 5 QB pressures and 1 INT (Clowney was also great in that game and looks like a junior with his raw strength). Ingram's balance and spin move as a pass rusher are impressive when he's kicked inside and he does show some natural pass rushing instincts. As an outside pass rusher in 34 or 43 DE spot, he's not as effective since he doesn't have a good burst (and gets off the line slow), but he can really collapse the pocket from the inside. He's a good player. Don't know about his NFL future. He is small and looks like he has short arms.

Stephon Gilmore continues to be a guy that simply doesn't impress me every single time I see him. I watch him against ECU and Lance Lewis runs a simple 9 route, in one of the few times Gilmore played straight bump-and-run man coverage, and Lewis high points the ball while Gilmore is eating the dirt. He has no ball skills when in press coverage and I think he's borderline terrible in press coverage. Twice Lewis beat him deep, and just went right over his back like he wasn't even there. When everything is in front of Gilmore, I think he's a pretty decent corner (he is overaggressive and gets sucked up, giving up the big play with blown coverages to his side of the field). He has good physical tools (feet are quick, solid burst, good hips, fluid athlete, good closing speed), but he doesn't use his hands at all in press coverage. He reminds me a little bit of Justin King where he plays with nothing but raw talent that he just tries to run with everyone, but he wont jam or impede a receivers route and gets beat far more than his talent should allow him to. I think he's almost purely a zone corner until he develops some technique and actually learns that you can jam a receiver off the line of scrimmage. He's all potential, but still more of a second or third rounder, at best, than an elite prospect.

I like the potential of Lance Lewis, but I think I saw him run three routes against South Carolina ... the slant, the 9 route and the drag route ... and none of them seemed to be at full speed. He does have some strong hands and good ball skills, but speed and route running are still question marks. He had 13 catches (4 on Gilmore) for 108 yards and 2 TDs (1 on Gilmore) against South Carolina. It appears Virginia Tech shut him down last week with just 3 catches for 17 yards.

And I agree about Cordy Glenn. He is not a LT. Heavy-legged-waist-bender. You can watch one series and see that he simply is out of position.

descendency
09-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Lol@Russell "Black Tebow" Wilson.