Houston @ Miami
Cincinnati @ Denver
Philadelphia @ Atlanta

Monday
St. Louis @ NY Giants

I feel REALLY bad for Seattle...

stephenson86
09-14-2011, 06:52 AM
I think you should feel worse for Tennessee, it is shaping up to be a blood bath.

Nalej
09-14-2011, 07:09 AM
If NE's D made C.Henne look like P.Rivers... what will P.Rivers look like then?

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 07:36 AM
San Diego at New England

Over/under 100 points scored? That should be epic.

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Tempted to take Chicago in that game against New Orleans. But still rolling with the Saints. It could be a good one.

I fully expect Dallas to steamroll San Fran. Really depends on o-line play, if the young line, gives Romo time, it shouldnt be close. I really hope that Dallas does a better job run blocking as well. It was the Jets, but our rookie LG, Bill Nagy, looked to have some strength issues, like a lot of rookie lineman. Hopefully he'll look better this week, but he may not be ready to be starting right now, because this could really have a negative effect on our running game.

scottyboy
09-14-2011, 07:59 AM
if the giants lose to the rams, then i quit

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Tempted to take Chicago in that game against New Orleans. But still rolling with the Saints. It could be a good one.

Something that many will probably overlook...we're built more like a turf/dome team which should help.

We have some speedzz in Knox, Hester, Peppers...even Forte. And the Saints will still be without Smith which will help out tackles. And they've got dead weight to carry in their secondary with Harper and Robinson.

I hope Martz/Cutler are smart enough to pick on those guys like the Packers did.

I do worry a little about our defense against their offense. We matched up perfectly with Atlanta, but the Saints can probably expose our weak secondary if we don't get a pass rush with the front 4.

Should be a good game.

Also, I'm pissed that neither this one nor Atlanta last week were in primetime. That's just stupid. They'll show garbage teams like Denver/Oakland, but not the #1 vs. #2 seeds in the NFC from the year before? BS I say.

Giantsfan1080
09-14-2011, 08:13 AM
Well when they do that 2nd MNF game it has to be west coast teams. I wish Chi/NO was the MNF game this week though because I hate going to the MNF games. I have to go straight from work so that kills the tailgate and then it's a pain in the ass to get to the stadium. Also, why would the Rams/Giants be a MNF game? It doesn't make sense to me.

SimonRath
09-14-2011, 08:26 AM
I have this sick feeling that the eagles are gonna pull a packers on us..

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Well when they do that 2nd MNF game it has to be west coast teams. I wish Chi/NO was the MNF game this week though because I hate going to the MNF games. I have to go straight from work so that kills the tailgate and then it's a pain in the ass to get to the stadium. Also, why would the Rams/Giants be a MNF game? It doesn't make sense to me.

I kind of get that...but not really. Does it really matter? Just because it's earlier on the west coast doesn't make a difference on the east coast. The only people really affected would be the ones actually at the game, and I have to believe if you're going to your team's prime time game, you'll stay as long as it takes.

And yes, Giants/Rams, two non-playoff teams last year, on MNF seems a little silly when there are far better matchups available to show.

I think the NFL thinks the Bears are boring. I don't.

tjsunstein
09-14-2011, 08:34 AM
The Packers are so ****** going against Canton Newton.

Giantsfan1080
09-14-2011, 08:36 AM
I kind of get that...but not really. Does it really matter? Just because it's earlier on the west coast doesn't make a difference on the east coast. The only people really affected would be the ones actually at the game, and I have to believe if you're going to your team's prime time game, you'll stay as long as it takes.

And yes, Giants/Rams, two non-playoff teams last year, on MNF seems a little silly when there are far better matchups available to show.

I think the NFL thinks the Bears are boring. I don't.

They wouldn't start an east coast game at 10. Just not going to happen.

jrdrylie
09-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Brian Urlacher might not play on Sunday. He has a family emergency (his mother I think) in Arizona.

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Brian Urlacher might not play on Sunday. He has a family emergency (his mother I think) in Arizona.

That's bad news. After a few years of looking slow, he was back to elite form last weekend. If he's out, that's a huge blow to our defense.

ElectricEye
09-14-2011, 08:52 AM
I honestly feel like our secondary is going to do a lot better next week. It really can't get that much worse, really. I still really like the personnel we have on defense right now...they just played like **** last week.

Jvig43
09-14-2011, 08:54 AM
The Packers are so ****** going against Canton Newton.

Seriously man, hes a superstaaaaa

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 08:55 AM
I honestly feel like our secondary is going to do a lot better next week. It really can't get that much worse, really. I still really like the personnel we have on defense right now...they just played like **** last week.

You know what would be just amazing AND take some of the pressure off of your secondary? Generating a pass rush.

But hey, who needs athletic pass rushers when you can have slow guys that "fit the system?"

Belichick is getting dangerously close to Bill Polian territory in that he refuses to change what he does, even when it doesn't work. Isn't that the definition of madness?

ElectricEye
09-14-2011, 09:02 AM
The funny part is the pass rush was better than it had been last week...guys just didn't finish. But we got good push from the interior all game long and Andre Carter did some nice things on the outside. Shoot, we had four sacks even. We just have this awful thing where we allow quarterbacks outside the pocket and carve us up. We need to get better at finishing plays.

But yeah, I would be totally doom and gloom if I thought it was that bad...but garbage time was part of the element of that Dolphins game. Henne got a lot of yards on the last drive and after the bomb to Welker when we were just playing soft zone by throwing underneath. It's still a massive concern, don't get me wrong. McCourty got worked on the outside by Marshall all game, which is something we didn't see much of last year. I'm fairly optimistic that's not going to happen every game.

T-RICH49
09-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I shudder to think what Suh will do to our O-Line....YIKES

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2011, 09:11 AM
You know what would be just amazing AND take some of the pressure off of your secondary? Generating a pass rush.

But hey, who needs athletic pass rushers when you can have slow guys that "fit the system?"

Belichick is getting dangerously close to Bill Polian territory in that he refuses to change what he does, even when it doesn't work. Isn't that the definition of madness?

The greatest ppl in history were considered mad ;)

AntoinCD
09-14-2011, 09:27 AM

The Pats defense has actually undergone a fundamental change this year. BB actually stated in the media that the 34 gives you more ways to attack a defense but is limited in matching up with multiple WR sets and offenses which utilize RBs in the passing game. Thus the systematic shift to the 43. Say what you will about Belichick but his ability and willingness to change is one of greatest attributes.

As for not taking pass rushers in the draft it is a valid point. But Nate Solder played a helluva game against Wake and protecting Brady is priorty number 1, 2, 3, 4......

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 09:30 AM
The Pats defense has actually undergone a fundamental change this year. BB actually stated in the media that the 34 gives you more ways to attack a defense but is limited in matching up with multiple WR sets and offenses which utilize RBs in the passing game. Thus the systematic shift to the 43. Say what you will about Belichick but his ability and willingness to change is one of greatest attributes.

As for not taking pass rushers in the draft it is a valid point. But Nate Solder played a helluva game against Wake and protecting Brady is priorty number 1, 2, 3, 4......

Do you realize how insanely dangerous the Patriots would be if they had a Cameron Wake of their own? And he's a perfect example of not having to draft him or pay him big FA dollars right away. He was just chilling in Canada where ANYONE could have signed him.

General Zod
09-14-2011, 09:32 AM
"

I think we'll be ok until Belichick gets replaced by a hologram, or a robot.

AntoinCD
09-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Do you realize how insanely dangerous the Patriots would be if they had a Cameron Wake of their own? And he's a perfect example of not having to draft him or pay him big FA dollars right away. He was just chilling in Canada where ANYONE could have signed him.

Oh yeah definitely I agree with the fact that a dynamic pass rusher would make the defense so much better but those types of guys aren't always available. Wake is very much so in the minority when it comes to guys who can be potential double digit sack guys available for cheap.

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 09:54 AM
The ball is never safe around Charles Tillman:

Tillman’s 25 forced fumbles are the most by an NFL defensive back since he entered the league in 2003 as a second-round draft pick with the Bears.

Tillman has helped the Bears generate an NFL-high 238 takeaways since Smith arrived in 2004.

jrdrylie
09-14-2011, 10:16 AM

You talking about Jim Caldwell?

ElectricEye
09-14-2011, 10:23 AM

I've been scouring college games for pass rushers and 3-4 personnel for about five years now. During that time, we haven't drafted a single one of them(Matthews hurt the worst. I was a massive Clay Matthews guy). It sucks so hard, but it's the reality of the situation.

This is actually the first time in years where I can't complain about the pass rush, really. The defensive front 4 did it's job last night. The linebackers didn't. Gary Guyton got bitched on all game in coverage and didn't make smart plays in the run game and when the pocket broke down for Henne at all. Neither did Mayo or Ninkovich.

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I shudder to think what Suh will do to our O-Line....YIKES

Gah...we play them later in the year. And we have three undersized interior lineman these days. He's going to murder Nagy/Costa/Kosier.

Flyboy
09-14-2011, 11:01 AM
We really need to beat Chicago to avoid going 0-2 after losing to GB in Week One.

vidae
09-14-2011, 11:54 AM
We really need to beat Detroit to avoid going 0-2 after losing to BUF in Week One.

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 11:55 AM
We really need to beat Chicago to avoid going 0-2 after losing to GB in Week One.

We really need to beat Detroit to avoid going 0-2 after losing to BUF in Week One.

Literally half the teams in the league can make this comment right now. No one wants to be 0-2...

vidae
09-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Literally half the teams in the league can make this comment right now. No one wants to be 0-2...

SUCK FOR LUCK lols amirite?

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 12:01 PM
SUCK FOR LUCK lols amirite?

One team already has you beat there...

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/708431/luckcolts.jpg

But maybe you can...I don't know...

"Play starkly (bad) for Barkley"

or

"Play so bad you induce groans for Jones"

Or something...

vidae
09-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Against my better judgment I'm going to give you a point for those but I think you could have done better.

bantx
09-14-2011, 12:23 PM
This week we'll see how really good our defense is against the pats. But I doubt we hold The Golden Child to 38 passing yards lol, but I can hope to something similiar?! It's always a good and close game when we plat the Pats.

Hines
09-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Billy Leavy is the head official on Sunday for the Steeler game.

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 12:29 PM
Billy Leavy is the head official on Sunday for the Steeler game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/BeerBaron/billleavy.jpg

Of course...it's bad for the NFL if the Steelers possibly start 0-2. The NFL is sending in someone who knows how to get the job done.

ElectricEye
09-14-2011, 12:37 PM
This week we'll see how really good our defense is against the pats. But I doubt we hold The Golden Child to 38 passing yards lol, but I can hope to something similiar?! It's always a good and close game when we plat the Pats.

I think you'll be seeing a much different gameplan offensively from us this week. The pace will probably be similar, but I think you'll see a lot more running, especially early. We don't have a back like AD, but you guys still gave up a whole lot on the ground last week. Think that will be one of the things we look to test early with a combination of Woodhead and Lawfirm(perhaps one of the rookie backs too) and then adapt from there depending on if you stop it or not.

bantx
09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
AD got that one long run off a missed tackle and him being a freak. That's where the majority of his yards came from a 47 yard run. The 2nd half we kept him under 40? I may be wrong on the exact number but it's around there. And we kept him out of the endzone. so I'm actually not too worried about our defense against the run. I'm hoping Garay will have a nice game with yalls center out.

JBCX
09-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Can't wait to see:

- How the Bears Cover-2 defense does against New Orleans' high-octane offense. They looked good at home against Matt Ryan but Drew Brees in the Superdome is a whole different ball of wax.

- How Atlanta's playmakers match up against Philly's shutdown corners on the fast dome turf. Philly's corners acquitted themselves well against the Rams, but they weren't exactly dominant, and the Rams WRs are mediocre at best. Julio Jones and Roddy White will be a much stiffer test for Nnamdi and Asante.

- If the Patriots' defense can demonstrate the ability to at least slow down an elite QB such as Phillip Rivers. If the Pats can't field an above-average passing defense, then they aren't going to the Super Bowl no matter how well Brady plays this year.

- If the Redskins defense is as good as it looked in Week 1. I think so, but I'll need to see them intercept Kolb and/or generally keep him completely in check to be sure.

V.I.P
09-14-2011, 01:06 PM
McNabb will throw 3 ints...

diesel
09-14-2011, 01:12 PM
McNabb will throw 3 ints...

Isn't that Vick's job? Oh wait...

Breed
09-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Isn't that Vick's job? Oh wait...

Vick will expose that mediocre Atlanta defense.

bantx
09-14-2011, 01:17 PM

Didn't that already happen

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 01:18 PM

In the last two games they've played, Atlanta has given up 70 some combined points. I think they're already exposed.

jrdrylie
09-14-2011, 01:22 PM
It's official. Brian Urlacher's mom passed away. That really sucks. She was only 53. Brian's status for Sunday is unknown.

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 01:23 PM
It's official. Brian Urlacher's mom passed away. That really sucks. She was only 53. Brian's status for Sunday is unknown.

That does suck. 53 is young. That's barely older than my mom...

Maybe he'll be play and be inspired, have a game like Favre did after his dad died.

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 02:58 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/14/packers-mike-neal-has-knee-surgery/

INJURIEZZZ starting to add up.

keylime_5
09-14-2011, 03:00 PM
play s***y for RG3

Complex
09-14-2011, 03:02 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/14/packers-mike-neal-has-knee-surgery/

INJURIEZZZ starting to add up.

Damn, they lost a key player, how will the packers with all these injuriezzzzzz? they are cursed.

Gay Ork Wang
09-14-2011, 03:38 PM
I dont remember the last time bears lost against the saints.

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I dont remember the last time bears lost against the saints.

We've won our last 3 against them they just said on NFL live, including the 2006 NFC Championship game.

It should be an interesting game. I could see a lot of different scenarios on how it could play out.

bantx
09-14-2011, 04:00 PM
Wonder how Solder will do against Phillips and the rotation we have going against him. He played well against Wake, but our rotation could give Solder a hard time. Or at least I'm hoping. That and Garay abusing the middle.

nepg
09-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Wonder how Solder will do against Phillips and the rotation we have going against him. He played well against Wake, but our rotation could give Solder a hard time. Or at least I'm hoping. That and Garay abusing the middle.
Might not even play with Vollmer healthy. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

cmarq83
09-14-2011, 04:17 PM

Solder probably won't be playing, 2nd team all-pro Vollmer is back at practice so he'll likely get that job.

SuperMcGee
09-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Really not sure what to expect from us after last week. A similar defensive performance wouldn't surprise me against Oakland, but I really never know with our offense. Our line somehow got that Madden protection award last week, wonder how they hold up this time.

Complex
09-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Teddy Bruschi is annoying as hell. I am tired of hearing his voice on every sports station.

tjsunstein
09-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Teddy Bruschi is annoying as hell. I am tired of hearing his voice on every sports station.
Does anyone really care what he has to say about 85 anyway?

General Zod
09-14-2011, 05:58 PM

I think he really made himself sound like a tard with this whole deal.

And the tweet was completely harmless.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-14-2011, 06:03 PM
In the last two games they've played, Atlanta has given up 70 some combined points. I think they're already exposed.

Aaaaaand now we're without the 2nd best player on our defense, DT Jonathan Babineaux. Expect more soft zones and 3 man rushes! Yes!

tjsunstein
09-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Why do I still feel like Atlanta will win...?

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Aaaaaand now we're without the 2nd best player on our defense, DT Jonathan Babineaux. Expect more soft zones and 3 man rushes! Yes!

Who was it...one of the trolls...that said like 2 years ago that Babineaux was one of the best DL in the game, top 5 or something like that...

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I'm pretty sure it was Babineaux.

Complex
09-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Does anyone really care what he has to say about 85 anyway?

Its on every sports station so the media cares, I can't wait till Tom Brady retires so he can replace Teddy on ESPN.

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Its on every sports station so the media cares, I can't wait till Tom Brady retires so he can replace Teddy on ESPN.

HA! Tom Terrific will not stoop so low as to be a mere analyst. Dude will rocking the runway. Sometimes he'll let Gisele join him.

BeerBaron
09-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Who was it...one of the trolls...that said like 2 years ago that Babineaux was one of the best DL in the game, top 5 or something like that...

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, but I'm pretty sure it was Babineaux.

Found it:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2410159&#post2410159

I like my response:

Even Jonathan Banineaux wouldn't take Jonathan Babineaux over Haloti Ngata.

ElectricEye
09-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Tom Brady has political ambitions. ESPN would hardly help with that, even if it was later in life.

ElectricEye
09-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Found it:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2410159&#post2410159

I like my response:

The best part is it's the people like Halsey who always say stuff "OH HAHAHA LOOK AT NFLDC, THEY WERE WRONG IN THIS ONE VERY SPECIFIC WAY WHAT A BUNCH OF HACKS".

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Tom Brady has political ambitions. ESPN would hardly help with that, even if it was later in life.

Wrong. He has TV commercial and fashion ambitions.

CAbR4Cml0QA

ElectricEye
09-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Wrong. He has TV commercial and fashion ambitions.

CAbR4Cml0QA

That's basically politics anyway.

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2011, 06:35 PM
That's basically politics anyway.

True. True. I was just joking around anyways.

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2011, 06:36 PM
I hope D-Mac can play this week...or there is really no reason to watch the Raiders play.

Complex
09-14-2011, 06:37 PM
I hope D-Mac can play this week...or there is really no reason to watch the Raiders play.

What is wrong with him?

Foster needs to tweak his hamstring again, I just picked up Ben Tate.

Raiderz4Life
09-14-2011, 06:38 PM

Our amazing D-line?? or our fetish with the yellow hanky?

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2011, 06:43 PM
What is wrong with him?

Foster needs to tweak his hamstring again, I just picked up Ben Tate.

He has some kind of shoulder injury. He was limited in practice. Nothing official, but ESPN has him listed as questionable for Sunday.

SuperMcGee
09-14-2011, 06:46 PM

In this case, you'd still get to see Fred Jackson. Just as good, right?

Complex
09-14-2011, 06:48 PM
I picked up the CowBoys D good or bad? they are facing the 49ers

My other Defense is the Patriots and there facing the Chargers.

M.O.T.H.
09-14-2011, 06:56 PM

Should be fine. Jenkins is playing and Newman still has an outside shot to play. Dallas is beat up in the secondary, but aside from Davis...the Niners passing game isnt really scaring anyone. And Dallas looked really strong against the run, in week one, at least. I'd feel confident starting them. That Ryan pass rush will get you some sacks for sure.

Dallas has a rather easy schedule...could be a solid pickup for the long term. They should continue to get better as the season wears on.

Ness
09-14-2011, 06:56 PM

Not a bad pickup. I have a feeling our offense is going to get killed...especially since the entire offense probably isn't even installed yet. Ware will probably have a career day sacking Alex 5 times.

That reminds me, this is probably another excuse for Alex to stay around for yet another season. Uggh.

"Well last year the entire offense wasn't installed so this year he'll definitely get it!"

V.I.P
09-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Raheem Morris said in his PC today that Brian Price will get his first NFL start, and is the new starting NT. Kinda figured there would be a change sooner than later since he stated that there needs to be better play at the nose tackle position after Sunday's game.

OMGzzz the Gerald McCoy & Brian Price era!

http://buccaneerblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/30249_417045974594_95501124594_5227698_2469845_n.j pg

NotRickJames
09-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Solid chance at a 2-0 start for the Raidaaaaz. Bills run D might be better than last year but I'm still salivating at the mouth to see what DMC can do against it.

Hope the Bungles crush the Donkeys. Also, Bruuuuuuuuuuuce Almighty might be starting that game, all the more reason to cheer for the Bungles

SuperMcGee
09-14-2011, 11:49 PM
I see it as a below average team traveling across the country on a short week to play a squad that was as impressive as any in Week 1 in dominating a run-heavy team. But I'm trained to not have confidence.

JHL6719
09-15-2011, 04:03 AM
I think the Saints will try to run the ball on the Bears front 7, with or without Urlacher. This could be Ingram's coming out party.

I thought Jay Cutler looked absolutely terrific last week. I've always thought if you just protect him, he has the ability to be a dominant force at the QB position. The throws this guy makes are literally Jeff George quality (the good Jeff George who made throws that nobody else could make)

Dolphins have never beaten the Texans. Do they finally get it done Sunday?

Does everyone realize last Sunday is the first regular season games that we've had no Peyton or no Favre in almost 20 years? Crazy.

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 05:54 AM
Interesting note...there are NO division games this weekend. Not a one.

jrdrylie
09-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Same with week four. That way, if there was a lockout that carried a few weeks into the season, they could just cancel those two weeks and still have the Super Bowl at the same time.

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 08:37 AM
Same with week four. That way, if there was a lockout that carried a few weeks into the season, they could just cancel those two weeks and still have the Super Bowl at the same time.

I know. Still interesting though. First time in the modern history of the league.

BufFan71
09-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Solid chance at a 2-0 start for the Raidaaaaz. Bills run D might be better than last year but I'm still salivating at the mouth to see what DMC can do against it.

im sure all the chiefs fans said the same thing...
Buffalo's run d has been great all preseason, and week 1.

Jason Campbell is gonna be forced to try and win the game for oakland

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Well really, the Chiefs were having no problems on the ground. Charles had 10 carries for 56 yards and Mcluster had 4 carries for 42 yards. They averaged 6 yards per carry on the ground, as a team. They just were down quickly and have Haley as their coach.

A healthy Mcfadden should still tear apart that Bills defense. Luckily for the Bills, D-MAC is a little banged up at the moment. But if he plays, I'd expect a big game out of him.

BufFan71
09-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Well really, the Chiefs were having no problems on the ground. Charles had 10 carries for 56 yards and Mcluster had 4 carries for 42 yards. They averaged 6 yards per carry on the ground, as a team. They just were down quickly and have Haley as their coach.

A healthy Mcfadden should still tear apart that Bills defense. Luckily for the Bills, D-MAC is a little banged up at the moment. But if he plays, I'd expect a big game out of him.

the 10 carries for 56yds is skewed because he had a carry for 22yds.
9 carries for 34yds?
mccluster also had a 25yd run

Also, Jamal Charles gained most of his yardage on the possession before the half expired. The bills were playing a prevent defense, and they ran the ball a few times, giving charles the bulk of his yardage there

anyone who watched the game would say that the Chiefs really didnt have any success running the ball...

I expect DMC to get around 90yds, but i dont expect him to do too much damage

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 09:52 AM
the 10 carries for 56yds is skewed because he had a carry for 22yds.
9 carries for 34yds?
mccluster also had a 25yd run

You're not really helping your case here. You're basically saying that you gave up two big runs to two different players.

Now, the Bills looked great stomping the Chiefs like that, but you're not going to sneak up on any more teams.

bantx
09-15-2011, 09:53 AM
The same can be said for the chargers game with AD he had one carry for 47 yards off of a broken tackle (and him being a freak for doing that spin move and staying up)out of his 98? We held him under 40 in the 2nd half and kept him out of the end zone. People have our run d as a concern for some reason because AD almost got 100 yards. But our defense will be tested this weekend against the pats.

Also how did Tennessee's defense look? didn't get to see much of that game.

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Yeah, you can't really omit those big gains. That's a big part of Charles' game every week. The Bills will have to have a couple good weeks of stopping the run, before you can really be confident in them stopping the run consistently. They boasted the league's worst rush defense a year ago, and that was with Poz and Whitner. Something crazy like 170 yards per game. My money would surely be on Mcfadden this week.

BufFan71
09-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Yeah, you can't really omit those big gains. That's a big part of Charles' game every week. The Bills will have to have a couple good weeks of stopping the run, before you can really be confident in them stopping the run consistently. They boasted the league's worst rush defense a year ago, and that was with Poz and Whitner. Something crazy like 170 yards per game. My money would surely be on Mcfadden this week.

obviously u dont watch many bills games (obviously bc they never have primetime games, and havent deserved to be on national TV)

If u are stating not having Poz and whitner as a loss, u are mistaken

You wont find any bills fans sad that those two left. Whitner was absolutely horrible and couldnt tackle to save his life, while poz was a terrible run defender.

We got better for not resigning these two.... Addition by subtraction

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Poz and Whitner are run defending players...that's what I'm saying. Whitner is an in the box, run support safety, who still managed to rack up some 140 tackles last year.

Both players strong suits are in run support.

For a horrible, all around run defense to begin with, losing two players that had to account for about 300 tackles, could certainly hurt. They were bad last year, and I still see them having a hard time with it this year.

TheFinisher
09-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Dez Bryant is still not practicing, listed with a thigh contusion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/dez-bryant-expected-to-miss-practice-again/

keylime_5
09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Buffalo added Dareus and Merriman and Barnett, they should be better against the run. Whitner was an in the box safety, doesn't mean that George Wilson and Jairus Byrd stink against the run. I think they are improved, but better teams will run the ball on them still.

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Buffalo added Dareus and Merriman and Barnett, they should be better against the run. Whitner was an in the box safety, doesn't mean that George Wilson and Jairus Byrd stink against the run. I think they are improved, but better teams will run the ball on them still.

I didnt say they would necessarily be worse...it'd be pretty tough to be worse. I just dont see them being good, either. Mcfadden should still shread them.

BufFan71
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Poz and Whitner are run defending players...that's what I'm saying. Whitner is an in the box, run support safety, who still managed to rack up some 140 tackles last year.

Both players strong suits are in run support.

For a horrible, all around run defense to begin with, losing two players that had to account for about 300 tackles, could certainly hurt. They were bad last year, and I still see them having a hard time with it this year.

did u manage to even read my post?
Poz and Whitner are not run defenders...

Just because neither has any ability to play the pass, doesnt automatically make them run defenders.

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 11:43 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/brian-urlacher-returns-to-the-bears/

Urlacher has returned to practice after the death of his mother. That means he'll probably be playing Sunday. I'm hoping he'll play inspired and have a game like Favre did after his dad died...I wouldn't want to be the Saints in that case.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 11:47 AM
He'll be so inspired that instead of jumping on 15 piles this game, he'll jump on 20..

/metrollingyou

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 11:51 AM
He'll be so inspired that instead of jumping on 15 piles this game, he'll jump on 20..

/metrollingyou

We're talking about Urlacher here...not James Laurinaitis.

He was looking washed up and slow the last two years, but man, he looked like the pro bowler from his youth against the Falcons.

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2011, 12:11 PM
did u manage to even read my post?
Poz and Whitner are not run defenders...

Just because neither has any ability to play the pass, doesnt automatically make them run defenders.

I've seen tons of both players, and that is certainly the strength of each of their games. Poz never became this all world run stuffer, but he's good there. I will admit, that a lot of Poz's tackles came by way of chase downs, but the guy is just fine in run support. And no one will confuse Whitner for a cover safety, obviously, but the one thing he does well, is support the run. In comparison to the rest, aside from Kyle Williams...they were two of the better run defenders on the team. And they will be good at it in their respective new locations as well.

BufFan71
09-15-2011, 12:18 PM
I've seen tons of both players, and that is certainly the strength of each of their games. Poz never became this all world run stuffer, but he's good there. I wil contest, that a lot of Poz's tackles came by way of chase downs, but the guy is just fine in run support. And no one will confuse Whitner for a cover safety, obviously, but the one thing he does well, is support the run. In comparison to the rest, aside from Kyle Williams...they were two of the better run defenders on the team. And they will be good at it in their respective new locations as well.

only way i can respond to this post:

smh

Rosebud
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
only way i can respond to this post:

smh

*shrug* if you keep Poz clean he can be very effective against the run. Whitner on the other hand...uh...

SuperMcGee
09-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Whitner was fine in run support, I'm really not sure what you're talking about. But so is Scott and even Wilson. Scott had a fantastic game in the box against the Chiefs (9 tackles, 3 TFL, sack) and has played linebacker for us for long stretches in the past.
Barnett is not really a dropoff from Posluszny, so I honestly see the replacements for Poz/Whitner as a push. Dareus and Merriman strengthen from there. It's not world beating but it has looked good in what we've seen from it.

keylime_5
09-15-2011, 02:44 PM
We're talking about Urlacher here...not James Laurinaitis.

He was looking washed up and slow the last two years, but man, he looked like the pro bowler from his youth against the Falcons.

ah i do miss sniper being so wrong about laurinaitis. here's his nfl stats so far, not many assisted tackles or "pilejumping" stat pads:

http://www.nfl.com/player/jameslaurinaitis/79850/careerstats

btw if anyone remembers watching JL in college and how he looks now it has to be a miracle if he's not using some type of HGH or Steroids.

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 02:45 PM
ah i do miss sniper being so wrong about laurinaitis. here's his nfl stats so far, not many assisted tackles or "pilejumping" stat pads:

http://www.nfl.com/player/jameslaurinaitis/79850/careerstats

Honestly though, that is how he got by in college. He'd get his one required wrestling mention per game and you wouldn't hear his name again. Then you check his stats after the game and he's credited with 25 tackles. BS I say!

keylime_5
09-15-2011, 02:47 PM
yes, Ohio State's stat keeper is very generous with assisted tackle stats. Guys always have more assisted tackles than unassisted tackles on the boxscore. But really there's nothing shabby about having 90 tackles or so instead of the 130 or whatever.

ElectricEye
09-15-2011, 04:07 PM
So many lols here.

z52ymCBGhwU

This has to be fake.

jrdrylie
09-15-2011, 04:14 PM
So many lols here.

z52ymCBGhwU

This has to be fake.

Having lived in Texas before, I would not be surprised if this is 100% authentic.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Tackle stats are useless. Half of them are inflated, and the other half don't mean ****. DJ Williams led the Broncos in tackles for god knows how long and he was a scrub. It doesn't say whether they stuffed the run or if they got trucked Brandon Jacobs on Laron Landry style 5 yards past the LOS every play. The only way you can really analyze a LB'ers efficiency is by watching him play.

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Exactly. I never said the tackles are what equate to them being good against the run, because that would be moronic. I said, a poor run defending unit, that lost two players that had to account for 300 tackles, could hurt. Meaning, they were the players managing to even stop the ball on a bad defense. That's just in addition to them being good run defenders. I have Sunday ticket and nothing to do on the weekends, I've seen em plenty. It may get lost, because that defense was so bad, but neither one of these guys is bad against the run.

ryno626
09-15-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm surprised that Pats/Bolts isn't the prime time match up on Sunday night.

BigBanger
09-15-2011, 06:31 PM
So many lols here.

z52ymCBGhwU

This has to be fake.
That is not fake. I can't even laugh at it though even though part of my brain recognizes that it is funny.

Scotty D
09-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Who showed D-Unit how to use youtube?

CC.SD
09-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Who showed D-Unit how to use youtube?

http://a1.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/012/Purple/5d/c4/be/mzl.mdwscbvc.320x480-75.jpg

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 06:44 PM
That strange raspy resonating thing his voice does cuts right through me like a knife. I imagine those teeth his missing were punched out by someone else who couldn't take his ****.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 06:51 PM
I imagine those teeth his missing

Caught you *****. Pay up. I take pay pal or rep.

BeerBaron
09-15-2011, 06:53 PM
I make typos in every other thing I type. I ain't paying you ****.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Well you're no fun. :(

TitanHope
09-15-2011, 07:26 PM

I'd rather the Titans beat the Ravens than either the Colts, Texans, or Jags!

Also how did Tennessee's defense look? didn't get to see much of that game.

It's hard to gauge. They were on the field all day long (no joke, the Jags offense was on the field for 39:38 minutes compared to the Titans offense's 20:22 TOP), and were missing their two best DE's in Jason Jones and Derrick Morgan. Considering those two things, I think the defense did ok. Only gave up 16 pts, allowed 323 total yards, and the defense forced a turnover. The only thing that disappointed me was the rush defense, which struggled on 3rd down. But new DC Jerry Gray > Chuck Cecil, and he made adjustments that limited the Jags as the game went on. Redzone defense was great.

But if one of Jones/Morgan get healthy, and the offense can even out the TOP to keep the defense rested, then I think the unit can end up ranking towards the middle of the league in all categories.

M.O.T.H.
09-15-2011, 07:53 PM
So many lols here.

z52ymCBGhwU

This has to be fake.

Could be real. He's spewing out that same crap Cowboys fans say on message boards all the time. I wouldnt be surprised if the majority of them look like Big Red here.

V.I.P
09-15-2011, 09:42 PM
This week is going by pretty quick, compared to last week that is.

BeerBaron
09-16-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm predicting an overreaction for this week upcoming: People will hail Rex Grossman again.

And those people will be wrong. He's going to face a team in Arizona that just gave up 400+ yards to a rookie QB, can't generate any real pass rush and has two young players at CB. Even if he puts up big numbers again, it would be downright foolish to buy into him.

He's done it before where he'll have a couple of big games. Remember back to the Superbowl year, there were analysts who called Rex a top 5 QB in the league. He'll put up games of a near perfect QB rating and then...

Put up a 0.0. And have pictures taken of him looking like this:

http://www.oddjack.com/wp-content/rex_grossman.jpg

and

http://zonersports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/rex-grossman-275x300.jpg

Do not trust Rex Grossman. Just don't. He'll probably have another big week this week, but let's wait until he faces a defense better than the banged up Giants or Cardinals. Please.

tjsunstein
09-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Holy ****, I remember Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila. We cut him so we could activate Justin Harrell off the PUP in '08. Turned out real well for us.

MidwestJimmy
09-16-2011, 12:18 PM

The Saints are favored by 7. I don't bet on games, but if I did I wouldn't touch this one. Actually I would run away screaming from it.

I fully expect Dallas to steamroll San Fran.

The NFC West is like the Division I-AA of the NFL.

Also, why would the Rams/Giants be a MNF game? It doesn't make sense to me.

I heard that if the lockout would have knocked two games off the schedule, Week 2 and Week 4 (instead of 1 and 2, for some reason) would have been canceled. I imagine the league would rather have Rams-Giants canceled than a game like Bears-Saints. That doesn't explain Colts-Buccaneers in Week 4 (and nobody then thought Manning would be gone long-term). Maybe they weren't going to mind losing that game because IND-TB was on MNF before. Who knows!

Saints-Tigers
09-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't think the strength of the D has anything to do with whether good Rex or bad Rex comes. He's just as likely to be terrible as he is amazing against anyone, haha.

JBCX
09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Seattle +14 at Pittsburgh is a big-time money play. You're thinking, "Seattle really sucks, Pittsburgh is looking for revenge" but are the Steelers still good enough to blow out a team by 14 or more points? I'm not seeing it. That defense looked old and slow last week and I could easily see them giving up a bunch of rushing yardage to the Seahawks and allowing the score to stay within a touchdown.

BeerBaron
09-16-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't think the strength of the D has anything to do with whether good Rex or bad Rex comes. He's just as likely to be terrible as he is amazing against anyone, haha.

Although he is extremely random, if you get any kind of pressure on him he'll fall apart like a house of cards. And it's not just like, "oh, he'll take a sack" kind of fall apart. No no. It's "fumble in the most hilarious (as long as you aren't a fan of the team he is on) ways possible and throw absurd interceptions that have no hope of being completed."

tjsunstein
09-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Seattle +14 at Pittsburgh is a big-time money play. You're thinking, "Seattle really sucks, Pittsburgh is looking for revenge" but are the Steelers still good enough to blow out a team by 14 or more points? I'm not seeing it. That defense looked old and slow last week and I could easily see them giving up a bunch of rushing yardage to the Seahawks and allowing the score to stay within a touchdown.
Seattle just lost by 16 to the 49ers. You could easily see the Steelers letting up a bunch of rushing yards to the Seahawks? With what threat of pass? Tavaris Jackson? Jackson was sacked 5 times, the Seahawks managed to rush for less than 3 yards a carry, and managed some pathetic number of total yards in the first half. On defense, they didn't manage to sack Alex Smith once or create a turnover. Where's the logic in the Seahawks keeping this within 14?

princefielder28
09-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Seattle just lost by 16 to the 49ers. You could easily see the Steelers letting up a bunch of rushing yards to the Seahawks? With what threat of pass? Tavaris Jackson? Jackson was sacked 5 times, the Seahawks managed to rush for less than 3 yards a carry, and managed some pathetic number of total yards in the first half. On defense, they didn't manage to sack Alex Smith once or create a turnover. Where's the logic in the Seahawks keeping this within 14?

I have to agree with you here...plus you have to factor in the Steelers being at home, feeding off of that crowd, they'll want to send a message that week one was a fluke, and anytime a west coast team travels to the eastern time zone, there's a chance they come out sluggish.

BeerBaron
09-16-2011, 01:03 PM
The Steelers are lucking out bigtime getting the ****** Seahawks at home and then the Manning-less Colts next week.

That Ravens game was a debacle and it exposed something that was just below the surface last year: Their defense is getting old and the scheme is getting outdated by today's high powered offenses. They had no answer for the Pats or Packers last year, and the Ravens offense had free reign last week. They could very easily keep sliding if they faced decent teams these next two weeks, but should catch their breath and rebound.

General Zod
09-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I have faith that Tom Tom is on the problem...

http://www.draftdaysuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mike-tomlin.jpg

Breed
09-16-2011, 02:21 PM
[COLOR="Red"]Also, why would the Rams/Giants be a MNF game? It doesn't make sense to me.

I heard that if the lockout would have knocked two games off the schedule, Week 2 and Week 4 (instead of 1 and 2, for some reason) would have been canceled. I imagine the league would rather have Rams-Giants canceled than a game like Bears-Saints. That doesn't explain Colts-Buccaneers in Week 4 (and nobody then thought Manning would be gone long-term). Maybe they weren't going to mind losing that game because IND-TB was on MNF before. Who knows!

Spags returning to NY will be a good game. So will Indy in Tampa, last time they meant it was on MNF, and every one remembers how that one turned out.

Pat Sims 90
09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I have faith that Tom Tom is on the problem...

http://www.draftdaysuit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mike-tomlin.jpg

I am still waitng for him to unleash that "Hell" that he said he suppose to unleash 2 years ago.

Rosebud
09-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Kansas City @ Detroit
I think this is going to be a really tight game since the Chiefs will be really focused to show people that last week was a fluke. That said I think the Lions will pull this one out cause I can see Charles struggling to get going on all but a couple big runs and so long as he's healthy I'm taking Stafford to Megatron over Cassel to Bowe/Baldwin to win the game.

Oakland @ Buffalo
I think Oakland will probably win, but the Bills can score points and that run D is a lot improved and is light years ahead of what the Raiders had to deal with against the Broncos. The Bills have a good chance to go 2-0 if they can play the run well again and the offense does it's thing. I'm picking the Bills, although it'll be a shame if again they're just not quite bad enough for the perfect QB to set them straight, hopefully though this year they're in position to grab one of the other guys with franchise potential if they miss out on Luck.

Tampa Bay @ Minnesota
The Bucs get their groove back against the hapless Vikings. I expect McNabb to struggle once again this week although AD and the defense will make the Bucs earn it.

Chicago @ New Orleans
I think the Saints should win this game at home, but these Bears are made for domes and my gut is just screaming to role with Cutler and that D to squeeze this one out. New Orleans really should come out fired up this game to avoid starting 0-2, but so long as everyone's healthy that Bears D has been able to really bother Breesus and I just like Jay Cutler too much. A month ago my buddies where drinking at a table next to his and the guy covered their 7 man tap just because they weren't harassing him.

Baltimore @ Tennessee
I do think the Ravens have a let down in this game, but unless Flacco absolutely shits the bed they should be able to hold off the Titans.

Cleveland @ Indianapolis
Indy still doesn't know how to win without Manning and I think Cleveland takes advantage of that to notch their first win of the season.

Jacksonville @ NY Jets
The Jets will give Luke McNown a serious test, if he has another efficient game he might just be able to hold Gabbert off for the whole season. Still I don't think MJD and co will be able to stop the Jets from going 2-0.

Seattle @ Pittsburgh
I think a lot of people expect an embarassing blowout. I'm not so sure, the Steelers D really don't look as fast or as sharp as they have in previous years. I still see them winning comfortably, but not by the 30+ points some seem to think.

Arizona @ Washington
While I do think Washington and SexyRexy in particular won't be as focused this week I think the Cards are bad enough for them to still win.

Green Bay @ Carolina
Good luck, Cam, good luck.

Dallas @ San Francisco
Dallas gets their first blow out of the season.

San Diego @ New England
The Pats look like their out to prove a point and the Chargers are having a typical SD slow start.

Houston @ Miami
Coming off of the big loss to the Pats on MNF I expect a really good game from the Dolphins meanwhile I see Houston stumbling after beating up on Indy last week.

Cincinnati @ Denver
I actually think Cincy's more likely to win but for some reason I feel like Doom, Miller and co will really create a lot of pressure in this game.

Philadelphia @ Atlanta
Atlanta needs a win bad, runs the ball well, can score quick strikes to counter the Eagles and has a quick and mobile defense. I think they pull it off.

Rosebud
09-16-2011, 05:19 PM

In fact I can totally see The RexCannon just saying "**** it, these guys blow, I'm going deep."

gpngc
09-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Seattle's gonna **** up Pittsburgh. T-Jack 3 TDs what it is.

tjsunstein
09-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Seattle's gonna **** up Pittsburgh. T-Jack 3 TDs what it is.
We know you don't even believe what you're saying.

gpngc
09-16-2011, 06:05 PM
We know you don't even believe what you're saying.

If I actually did, I'd have an in depth post about why it could happen. And then it would (Just like Miami beating NE in Week 1).

Seattle's getting Luck. It's over. PCs not stupid. That's what the TJack deal is all about. He's basically putting a ******** baby back there. Whitehurst is 20x better than him. So, yes, we are tanking and I'm ALL FOR IT.

But I am taking them +14 because Pitt is banged up and our run D isn't that bad. I think we can hang.

gpngc
09-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Who are we liking fellas?

Chargers +7?

Bills -3?

I like the Phins and +3 at home makes sense but I'm also extremely high on Houston - I think their D is much better than NEs...

Also leaning Washington, Minny, Chicago + the points, Tennessee + the points. Don't wanna touch the rest. Maybe DEN (OAK's D is better than people know).

Vegas is setting a trap with the Eagles but I'm taking them anyway. I see Philly winning a tight one. They'll be a team that will lay some duds because of a lack of preparation and motivation on certain weeks. In Atlanta on SNF Week 2 won't be one of those weeks. Think NO @ ATL last year.

What picks do you all like this week?

descendency
09-17-2011, 11:37 AM

The Patriots won't risk that. Too much chance of showing emotion.

XxXdragonXxX
09-17-2011, 01:01 PM

Yeah they lost by 16, but remember 14 of those points came at the end of the game on Ted Ginn kick/punt returns. The Seahawks were 1 defensive stop and a field goal from winning the game but instead the ST unit epic failed.

Also, the Seahawks defense is severely underrated. If it happens, it's not the offense that will keep them within 14 points. No sacks or turnovers last week, you're right. However they did hold Gore to 2.7 ypc, Smith to 124 yards passing and allowed only 1 TD. The run defense is rock solid, still question marks at CB, but the pass D was good last week. And really, Roethlisberger looked like garbage in week 1.

I see this as a low scoring ball game, I don't think either team scores more than 21 or less than 7.

Brodeur
09-17-2011, 02:13 PM
The Colts guy on Stampede Blue picked the Colts to win 30-18 this week. Ah delusional fat humps. Ah nevermind, it was 17-13 but still.

SenorGato
09-18-2011, 12:16 AM
I think the Jets will blow it this week against the Pats. Something with playcalling.

bantx
09-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Chargers are playing the pats?

yodabear
09-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Why are we on Monday night? Cuz we can be damn it! Can't wait. So happy for the first time in like 5 years I do not have to be caring that much on Sunday, I'm the fan complaining that my team doesn't play til tomorrow, I'm the one saying sweet the whole nation is seeing my team on the big stage. U wanna know why we are on? Cuz the NFL wants to showcase more than the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, and Eagles. Believe or not....they want to showcase more teams. Thats how the NFL is successful. And I hope we kick the **** out of the Giants so every ****** quits ******* asking why the Rams are on MNF.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2011, 12:34 AM
I hate Monday night games. I'm always jealous as hell all Sunday. Same goes for primetime games. Dallas has too many of them, the wait sucks.

Hurricanes25
09-18-2011, 12:41 AM
I hate Monday night games. I'm always jealous as hell all Sunday. Same goes for primetime games. Dallas has too many of them, the wait sucks.

I even hate the 4 o'clock games. I hate waiting but yeah, Monday night games are the worst.

ElectricEye
09-18-2011, 12:42 AM

Try a Monday Night opener on for size. That sucked last week. But yeah, I know the feeling.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2011, 12:44 AM
I even hate the 4 o'clock games. I hate waiting but yeah, Monday night games are the worst.

I'm right there with you man. Luckily this week, I'm really excited to watch some more Cammy Cam at 1. But normally, it just takes so long for 4 to come. And sometimes they're 4:15 games. lol. So much worse.

yodabear
09-18-2011, 12:45 AM
I like the fact my team is on MNF, cuz it hasn't happened in like 5 years. Don't know what it feels like.

jayceheathman
09-18-2011, 12:53 AM
There should be a double header on Monday Night every weekend.

Brodeur
09-18-2011, 12:55 AM
I like the fact my team is on MNF, cuz it hasn't happened in like 5 years. Don't know what it feels like.

Our last MNF game was against you guys........in 2001.

jayceheathman
09-18-2011, 12:56 AM
I'm right there with you man. Luckily this week, I'm really excited to watch some more Cammy Cam at 1. But normally, it just takes so long for 4 to come. And sometimes they're 4:15 games. lol. So much worse.

I would love it if Cam leads the Panthers to a victory over the Packers.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2011, 12:56 AM
I could dig it. It's a little late for some, though. But I'd be watching those west coasters, at least.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2011, 01:00 AM
I would love it if Cam leads the Panthers to a victory over the Packers.

That'd be awesome. Wouldnt bet on it, but it'd be awesome.

I wouldnt be surprised if he does better than some think right now. Yeah, he's not Brees, but Drew did just gash this same Packer defense for 419 yards. Packers are still gonna roll, but Cam may put up some yards, at least.

Most seem to think he's in for the let down, but I think he'll be respectable.

yodabear
09-18-2011, 01:04 AM

Man our teams really sucked.

Breed
09-18-2011, 03:19 AM
NFL Sunday BABY !!

I hate the fact i have to wait till 8 o'clock ... But i get to watch Dez Bryant play at 4, and watch Mike Williams play at 1.. Get a great evaluation of the two...

bantx
09-18-2011, 03:56 AM
San Diego @ New England
The Pats look like their out to prove a point and the Chargers are having a typical SD slow start.

San Diego won... lol

If Chad henne can do that to the pat's defense it will be a shoot out of offenses. I like our defense compared to theirs. Should be a good game regaurdless.

Brent
09-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Dear NFL Network,

This is not Michael Vick's "return to Atlanta." He was there in 2009. In fact, the title of the AP article recap was Vick picks up 2 TDs in lopsided Atlanta return as Eagles stomp Falcons.

**** you and yours,

Brent.

BeerBaron
09-18-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm nervous about today's game. I really have no idea what to expect...I hate games like that most of all.

Flyboy
09-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm nervous about today's game. I really have no idea what to expect...I hate games like that most of all.

As am I. We haven't beaten the Bears in the last 3...4.. meetings? But the game has never been in the Dome as of late - I'm just hoping we can get a win. Establish the running game and put pressure on Cutler with containing Forte.

JBCX
09-18-2011, 09:17 AM

Urlacher will intercept Drew Brees 3 times and force 2 fumbles en route to a Bears 40-17 blowout.

BuckNaked
09-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Should I start Stafford or Brees? Hmmm...

yodabear
09-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Should I start Stafford or Brees? Hmmm...

I believe if u have Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or Rivers (and Manning if healthy), u start them every week, no matter the situation unless they are injured. Although, I do not usually win fantasy football.

Jvig43
09-18-2011, 10:24 AM

You do however get Thanksgiving every year which is pretty awesome.

scottyboy
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Yoda, I love you and Sam Bradford is super sexy and Stephen Jackson is the definition of a beast, but if the Giants lose to your Rams, I'm quitting. everything. If we lose to you guys, our season is done for.

so, yeah, SJax should sit this week and play next week, and you guys can finish 14-2. but yeah, we need to win.

******* monday night games

Jvig43
09-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Yoda, I love you and Sam Bradford is super sexy and Stephen Jackson is the definition of a beast, but if the Giants lose to your Rams, I'm quitting. everything. If we lose to you guys, our season is done for.

so, yeah, SJax should sit this week and play next week, and you guys can finish 14-2. but yeah, we need to win.

Sjax can sit if you guys start Nicks for me ;)

scottyboy
09-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Sjax can sit if you guys start Nicks for me ;)

this is just a win-win for me in all aspects so yeah, I'd be perfectly fine with that haha

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Ok, Cam Newton. Get ready for a nice welcome to the NFL moment brought to you by BJ Raji and Clay Matthews.

Jvig43
09-18-2011, 10:38 AM
this is just a win-win for me in all aspects so yeah, I'd be perfectly fine with that haha

Ok I'll get on that and hit my contacts up. No Sjax.

yodabear
09-18-2011, 10:39 AM

Love u too Scotty. I like the Giants too. They gave us Spags. And I believe u guys need the game more than us cuz....well u guys play in a NFL division and we don't. But I still wanna win!!!!

bearsfan_51
09-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Cutler will throw for 450 yards and then dry-hump an effigy of Maurice Jones Drew. Ya heard?

V.I.P
09-18-2011, 10:47 AM
O **** i'm just now hearing this Brady "Chargers need to get some lube" comment... hahah it's priceless.

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 10:49 AM
O **** i'm just now hearing this Brady "Chargers need to get some lube" comment... hahah it's priceless.
I'm uninformed. Link?

XxXdragonXxX
09-18-2011, 10:55 AM

You're hearing it wrong if you're talking about this....

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/09/tom_brady_to_fa.html

V.I.P
09-18-2011, 10:59 AM
You're hearing it wrong if you're talking about this....

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2011/09/tom_brady_to_fa.html

I was watching a local pre game show, and they totally switched the comments around. smh

Borat
09-18-2011, 10:59 AM

That's not what he meant lol

BufFan71
09-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Jacoby Ford, DHB, louis Murphy, and Kevin boss all out for the game against Buffalo

by the end of the game
Oakland: 0 passing yds

V.I.P
09-18-2011, 11:01 AM
That's not what he meant lol

lol kinda figured that out now after clicking that link. The analysis on the shoo i was watching was trying to make it sound like he said "he Chargers D is gonna need some lube when he's done with them"

XxXdragonXxX
09-18-2011, 11:02 AM
I was watching a local pre game show, and they totally switched the comments around. smh

Sounds like something the media would do.

Bengalsrocket
09-18-2011, 11:09 AM
lol kinda figured that out now after clicking that link. The analysis on the shoo i was watching was trying to make it sound like he said "he Chargers D is gonna need some lube when he's done with them"

That doesn't even make sense. Do people really not understand how lube works? It's before, not after. It doesn't have healing properties.

V.I.P
09-18-2011, 11:12 AM
That doesn't even make sense. Do people really not understand how lube works? It's before, not after. It doesn't have healing properties.

Who uses lube anyways?

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Tramon Williams is inactive today vs. Carolina.

bernbabybern820
09-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Jacoby Ford, DHB, louis Murphy, and Kevin boss all out for the game against Buffalo

by the end of the game
Oakland: 0 passing yds

Denarius Moore is probably the best WR on the team anyways. Hopefully he steps up today.

Complex
09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
So Peyton had stem cell therapy in Europe on his neck.

Breed
09-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Tramon Williams is inactive today vs. Carolina.

Is that your excuse when Cam Newton goes ham on your defense?

Complex
09-18-2011, 11:21 AM

They still got Sam Shields.

Breed
09-18-2011, 11:25 AM
I hope the Steelers look like **** all year long, and get a top 5 pick, so all these bandwoganers go away!

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 11:27 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again. Newton won't complete more than 60% of his passes today and will throw more INTs than TDs. I'm thinking something like 19/32 212 yards 1 TD 2 INT

CashmoneyDrew
09-18-2011, 11:28 AM
If the people of Atlanta don't want Matt Ryan, Tennessee will gladly take him.

Breed
09-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again. Newton won't complete more than 60% of his passes today and will throw more INTs than TDs. I'm thinking something like 19/32 212 yards 1 TD 2 INT

We will see.

Does anyone know if Blount will get more than 5 carries this week?

Hurricanes25
09-18-2011, 11:32 AM
****, the Jets are wearing the old NY Titans uniforms. Gross.

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 11:33 AM
****, the Jets are wearing the old NY Titans uniforms. Gross.
I hate those, and when the Packers wear the throwbacks. I get that it's paying homage but come on, man.

V.I.P
09-18-2011, 11:34 AM
We will see.

Does anyone know if Blount will get more than 5 carries this week?

Yeah most likely, plus he cried about it to the media like a little ***** all week long.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2011, 11:43 AM
NFL Sunday BABY !!

I hate the fact i have to wait till 8 o'clock ... But i get to watch Dez Bryant play at 4, and watch Mike Williams play at 1.. Get a great evaluation of the two...

Bryant is probably out today.

the new jesus
09-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Anybody have a streaming link for the Packers-Panthers game?

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Anybody have a streaming link for the Packers-Panthers game?
Direct TV does.

the new jesus
09-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Direct TV does.

Don't live in the U.S., thanks though.

Breed
09-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Bryant is probably out today.

Yeah i heard he was doubtful ealir, bummer.

I;m starting to think dez Bryant is injury prone?

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah i heard he was doubtful ealir, bummer.

I;m starting to think dez Bryant is injury prone?

Until he proves otherwise...

The guy is always banged up. He always has some nagging injury.

bernbabybern820
09-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Anyone have a stream for the Raiders and Bills? Too lazy and cheap to go to the bar.

Complex
09-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Raven have 3 corners out including Carr(nickel) and Jimmy Williams(starter).

FuzzyGopher
Supposedly this guy posts links on his twitter at kickoff.

http://twitter.com/#!/greg_punzo

Breed
Anyone have a stream for the Raiders and Bills? Too lazy and cheap to go to the bar.

I will give you it, if you make that green bar under my name longer...

bernbabybern820
09-18-2011, 11:55 AM
I found one. Thanks anyways guys.

V.I.P
09-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Yay John Lynch gets to call the Bucs game. Hopefully he is a homer like in preseason.

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Earlier in the week, the Fox game in my area was supposed to be GB/CAR. It's not anymore.

CashmoneyDrew
09-18-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm so ready for this bum raping.

scottyboy
09-18-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm so ready for this bum raping.

just jerk off to Kenny Britt and Raymell Rice being on the field. ohhhh yea

V.I.P
09-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Whon runs the ball on 2nd & 16??? smh

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Cam laughs in the face of the Packers blitz.

bearsfan_51
09-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Cam Newton looks good.

Jakey
Woooooooooooooop EMMANUEL!

M.O.T.H.
This is awesome. Cammy Cam is looking good, again.

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Jesus, we're cursed when it comes to covering TEs.

Complex
nvm.............

Jvig43
Back to back illegal shifts on Carolina, lol wut?

SuperMcGee
09-18-2011, 12:10 PM
The Moorman-Lechler showdown is always a joy.

V.I.P
09-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Bennett injured, time for Bowers to step up.

Brodeur
09-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Brandon Flowers: douchebag.

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Why did Jarrett Bush stop on his blitz?

FuzzyGopher
09-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Bennett injured, time for Bowers to step up.

He's going against Charlie Johnson so it shouldn't take much.

XxXdragonXxX
Steelers turn it over on downs after getting a PI call in the endzone.

Challenge incoming, but the replay clearly shows Mendenhall was down about a half yard before the goal line.

Hines
That was the most pathetic showing at the goal line I have ever seen.

Woody56
Sanchez 4-4 60 Yards TD

tjsunstein
Great stand by Seattle.

CashmoneyDrew
09-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Looks like the defense came to play today.

tjsunstein
Hawk has played awesome in the red zone.

M.O.T.H.
Cam Newton just bitched the Packers. Great freaking drive.

tjsunstein
OK, nice throw and catch by Newton/Lefell.

ElectricEye
Can't decide to watch Saints/Bears or Jets/Jaguars. Probably watch Chicago and New Orleans considering every time I watch the Jets it goes well for them.

Woody56
09-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Muhammad Wilkerson sack and safety

M.O.T.H.
I think he was out.

LonghornsLegend
I remember when everyone said Earl Thomas was too little. Yea right. Guy is an absolute stud in all facets of Safety play.

Breed
Steelers are no longer dominant

Complex
Looks like the defense came to play today.

I know right, we look 100x times better today then against the JAGS. Jason Jones>ALL

the new jesus
09-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Great playcalling and execution by the Panthers. That said, it's a long game and the Packers will win it.

XxXdragonXxX
Earl Thomas is a beast.

descendency
Packers' legal department to file for rape charges against Cam Newton.

Breed
09-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Freeman is a big guy.

CashmoneyDrew
I can haz Locker now?

Scotty D
Calvin TD!

M.O.T.H.
Nevermind, it counts. Newton!

SuperMcGee
09-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Chris Kelsay is having an excellent start to the game. Let's get some offense going.

Babylon
09-18-2011, 12:18 PM
If the people of Atlanta don't want Matt Ryan, Tennessee will gladly take him.

Giving up on Locker before he throws an NFL pass, that's harsh.

Babylon
09-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Calvin TD!

Stafford to Johnson, life is good.

CashmoneyDrew
ATV returns the favor!

This will be a defensive struggle.

BufFan71
anyone have any links to streams for Oak/buf

LonghornsLegend
09-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Lol so Calvin Johnson has 3 TD's already on the season in a game and a half. Yea, he's only good in video games though...