PDA

View Full Version : *Updated 9/14/11 2012 Mock Draft

Ozzy
09-14-2011, 12:30 PM
New 2012 Mock Draft. A lot of changes and how quickly things can look different in a few weeks and a few games. Glenn completely fell out of the 1st round in my book, very solid 2nd round guard potentially but with his play no way he is a first round talent, how knows if he improves. TJ McDonald I moved into the 1st because of his improved strength and tackling, same with Kirkpatrick I moved up higher. Kenny Tate I not longer have in the 1st round, and Potter also dropped out. Adding Peter Konz to the 1st round and moving Floyd up higher after his super star to the season so far. Also moved into the 1st is Rambo just beating out Iloka and Lester.

1) Bengals- Andrew Luck QB Stanford RS JR
2) Bills- Matt Kalil OT USC RS JR
3) Jaguars- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina JR
4) Panthers- Jared Crick DT Nebraska SR
5) Oakland- Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State RS SOPH
6) Miami- Quentin Coples DE UNC SR
7) Denver- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama JR
8) Cleveland- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame SR
9) Tennessee- Manti Teo ILB Notre Dame JR
10) 49ers – Matt Barkley QB USC JR
11) Detroit- Riley Reiff OT Iowa RS JR
12) Minnesota- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford JR
13) St. Louis- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State JR
14) Seattle- Trent Richardson RB Alabama JR
15) Washington- Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State JR
16) Chiefs- TJ McDonald JR FS USC
17) Dallas- Mark Barron S Alabama SR
18) Arizona- Bruce Irvin OLB West Virginia SR
19) Colts- Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M SR
20) Houston- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State SR
21) Tampa Bay- Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina JR
22) Chicago- David DeCastro OG Stanford JR
23) New England- Devin Taylor DE South Carolina JR
24) Jets- Dont’a Hightower OLB Alabama SR
25) Cleveland- Donte Paige-Moss DE UNC JR
26) Giants- Luke Kuechly OLB Boston College JR
27) Eagles- Peter Konz C Wisconsin JR
28) Ravens- Kelechi Osemele OT Iowa State SR
29) Pittsburgh- Morris Claiborne CB LSU JR
30) San Diego- Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State JR
31) New England- Bacarri Rambo SS Georgia JR
32) Green Bay- Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina SR

Players that just missed the cut but could easily be in the 1st round depending on how things fall.

Jayron Hosley CB Virgina Tech JR
Alphonzo Dennard CB Nebraska SR
Kenny Tate OLB Maryland SR
Cordy Glenn OT Georgia SR
Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M SR
Nate Potter OT Boise State SR
Vinny Curry OLB Marshall SR
Greg Reid CB Florida State JR
Robert Lester S Alabama JR
Cliff Harris CB Oregon JR
Michael Egnew TE Missouri SR
Dwayne Allen TE Clemson JR
Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama SR
Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma SR
Mike Martin DT Michigan SR
George Iloka S Boise State SR
Tdreke Powell DT UNC SR
Kyle Wilber OLB Wake Forest RS SR
Alameda Ta'amu NT Washington SR
Kheeston Randall DT Texas SR
Donnie Fletcher CB Boston College SR

Other note, outside of the top few players at linebacker and defensive end and tackle. The depth at all of those positions is really weak in terms of star elite players. Defensive tackle is really weak that is for sure. So get them while you can because there is a lake of depth there compared to other years.

tjsunstein
09-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Not a James fan although I do see the reasoning. Would love for our pick to be in the front 7.

tjsunstein
09-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Perhaps a Jared Crick...

Pat Sims 90
09-14-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't see the Bengals being the worst team but if they are that bad i will take Luck.

Ozzy
09-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't see the Bengals being the worst team but if they are that bad i will take Luck.Yeah who knows how it turns out. Great to see Reggie Nelson balling, had one heck of a game looks like week 1. I always thought he had a ton of talent and was shocked he did nothing on the Jaguars. Will be interesting to see how things turn out, Jaguars might get the 1st who knows....

vidae
09-14-2011, 01:02 PM
How are we not picking first overall after getting blown out, but the Bengals are after winning? You so crazy!

Ozzy
09-14-2011, 01:31 PM
tjsunstein Perhaps a Jared Crick...Crick falling that late in the draft? Doubt that happens. Still pissed they got James Starks, he was a steal late and I really like him coming out of Buffalo. Sure James might not be there style but they have not had a big play back for awhile. Cyrus Gray though might fit the Packer running back mold a little more, he could be a late 1st round pick.

I see the DE thought though I guess, that would be a very good pick for them. Players like these guys:

Melvin Ingram South Carolina
Malik Jackson Tennessee
Billy Winn Boise State
Kapron Lewis-Moore Notre Dame

Best bet for late 1st would be Melvin Ingram, actually that would make a ton of sense, I might change that. Malik Jackson could be a 1st rounder but most likely 2nd and same with Winn.

vidae How are we not picking first overall after getting blown out, but the Bengals are after winning? You so crazy!You speak of the Chiefs? Well I doubt they are that awful this season but who knows, more importantly who would they get? Ideally Trent Richardson I feel but other than that not many players in the late or mid 1st I see them really wanting. Be interesting what they do, maybe an athletic OLB but they already have plenty of them, or like I have maybe a backup safety and or safety opposite Berry because without Berry they will be a completely different defense.

bruschis4all
09-14-2011, 05:19 PM
No Landry Jones? If last year's draft told us anything. It's that qb's will go much earlier than any of us project. I love to read fans of each team say we don't need a qb!! We need a beast at RDE!!! Then their team goes out and drafts a qb. Barkley ain't going out of the Top 5. Landry Jones will be Top 10. I'm a Pats fan. I like Devin Taylor. Need a CF type for FS. Not an in the box guy. We have that in Chung. Would rather have Lester or even Jeff Fuller if he's still on the board.

Babylon
09-14-2011, 05:21 PM
A little off topic here but who the heck is Seattle beating to warrant the 14th pick. Just give them a QB please.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 12:22 AM
10) 49ers Matt Barkley QB USC JR

I just question why so many think that Harbaugh would trade up for Kaepernick, only to pick a QB in the 1st. Unless it's Luck, I highly doubt they look QB.

Duffman57
09-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Brandon Jenkins would be a GREAT pick, though i think i would kill myself before the draft because i'm not sure i could handle another deep playoff loss to the Cheatriots... :/

Ozzy
09-15-2011, 08:29 AM
Babylon A little off topic here but who the heck is Seattle beating to warrant the 14th pick. Just give them a QB please.Seattle could turn it around, just because they lost week one does not mean the season is over. I agree though the QB situation is awful, and Bevell should be fired just for suggesting they get T-Jack. Jackson looks exactly like he did in Minnesota and I have no idea why Bevell thought he would breakout and play any different in Seattle. Nonetheless, if Richardson drops which he could because he is a RB, Seattle would take him I feel, because Lynch is good and so is Washington but neither are elite, Richardson is and clearly Seattle wants to be able to play physical and run the football. I could see quarterback though, even though I am not a huge Landry Jones fan at the moment, and based on that see no many quarterbacks they could take instead of Luck or Barkley.

phlysac
I just question why so many think that Harbaugh would trade up for Kaepernick, only to pick a QB in the 1st. Unless it's Luck, I highly doubt they look QB.Because of the Alex Smith situation, it was not because he loved Kaepernick, it is because they needed a quarterback and most other positions are decent, QB was the biggest need. But I doubt Kaepernick is the QB for the future for that team, and if Luck or Barkley are around I bet they take them. Who knows though, but just like with Jimmy Clausen on the Panthers, if another QB comes around next draft, I doubt they pass on him just because of Kaepernick.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Seattle could turn it around, just because they lost week one does not mean the season is over. I agree though the QB situation is awful, and Bevell should be fired just for suggesting they get T-Jack. Jackson looks exactly like he did in Minnesota and I have no idea why Bevell thought he would breakout and play any different in Seattle. Nonetheless, if Richardson drops which he could because he is a RB, Seattle would take him I feel, because Lynch is good and so is Washington but neither are elite, Richardson is and clearly Seattle wants to be able to play physical and run the football. I could see quarterback though, even though I am not a huge Landry Jones fan at the moment, and based on that see no many quarterbacks they could take instead of Luck or Barkley.

Because of the Alex Smith situation, it was not because he loved Kaepernick, it is because they needed a quarterback and most other positions are decent, QB was the biggest need. But I doubt Kaepernick is the QB for the future for that team, and if Luck or Barkley are around I bet they take them. Who knows though, but just like with Jimmy Clausen on the Panthers, if another QB comes around next draft, I doubt they pass on him just because of Kaepernick.

But it's not just like the Clausen situation. Clausen was drafted to a different coaching staff. Harbaugh drafted Kaepernick.

But you're right, who knows. Certainly not us.

But watch Alex Smith this year...

bruschis4all
09-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Brandon Jenkins would be a GREAT pick, though i think i would kill myself before the draft because i'm not sure i could handle another deep playoff loss to the Cheatriots... :/

Don't worry. The Chargers will lose before the AFCCG.

indyfan1985
09-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Horrible draft for the Colts. First of all, they wont be picking that late. They will be picking top 15 at worst, maybe top 10 or even 5. If they are top 10 give them BPA between Alshon Jeffery, Dre Kirkpatrick, Justin Blackmon, or Vontaze Burfict. Then they they go QB Kirk Cousins round 2.

prock
09-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Martin is a fine selection.

Breed
09-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I approve this draft.

holt_bruce81
09-18-2011, 08:28 PM
So no NFC West team is making the playoffs?

Brent
09-19-2011, 07:36 PM
So no NFC West team is making the playoffs?
clearly. I mean, a team that is 7-9 isn't going to earn a playoff spot... right?

DiG
09-19-2011, 10:36 PM
burfict is an intriguing pick for the skins.

Matthew Jones
09-30-2011, 06:34 AM
I'd love Devin Taylor. Not sure on Rambo, I'll have to do more research.

Rosebud
10-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Kuechly would probably be our MIKE unless we spend all year in the nickel and Boley goes the probowl. He's playing a lot of MIKE in our sub packages, but I still think the plan right now is for him to take over at SLB opposite Williams if he keeps developing and Jones can settle in at MLB.

49erNation85
10-01-2011, 06:44 PM
so SF is 2-1 and pick in the top ten wow ? Then go with a QB,why?Rather have a big time WR.