PDA

View Full Version : Chris McAlister Broke, Living With Parents

diabsoule
09-15-2011, 10:04 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/chris-mcalister-broke-living-with-parents-cant-pay-child-support/

Pretty sad story about one of the best cornerbacks during his tenure in the league

A Perfect Score
09-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Really unfortunate to hear. One of my all time favorite Ravens and a guy who was widely regarded as the second best CB in the NFL during his heydey (obviously, Champ Bailey was first, with Ty Law running around in there somewhere). Guy definitely has his issues though. If anyone ever wants to read an absolutely spectacular stuff which chronicles the ins and outs of the NFL business, Next Man Up by John Feinstein is a phenomenal read. He spends a year behind closed doors with the Ravens organization during the Brian Billick era, it's eye opening. McAlister always had his issues with alcohol and partying, it's alarming to me that anyone in the world could blow a significant portion of a $55 million dollar contract and have nothing to show for it. Most people don't make that in 10 lifetimes.

mcdlaxbonz13
09-15-2011, 10:11 AM
how can you feel sorry for a guy that made that much money, obviously failed to spend it in an appropriate manner and is now broke. Unless he lost his money in the stock market, housing market or through some bad investment then sure I feel a little sorry for him, but if your making that kind of money you should have been able to afford a financial advisor that would have prevented you from squandering away all your money.

Giantsfan1080
09-15-2011, 10:16 AM
You would think that once he was down to his last few million he would have realized maybe he was doing something wrong.

cmarq83
09-15-2011, 10:36 AM
$11,000 a month in child support? Maybe he should have saved some of his money for a decent lawyer.

keylime_5
09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
sounds like he managed his millions well.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 11:17 AM
$11,000 a month in child support? Maybe he should have saved some of his money for a decent lawyer.

Unfortunately, most states will take a set percentage of your monthly income as your child support payment. I don't know if he's as broke as he claims to be, but there's no way he should have been paying that for the two years he has been out of the league. This was said in a family court in relation to his child support payments, so there's a good chance it was embellished a little to give him more of a break.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 11:21 AM
It's sad but I have one main thought...

In the last 2+ years you realize that you're quickly going broke... get a job.

Why is his argument that he's been unemployed? Apply for a job by chance?

A Perfect Score
09-15-2011, 11:34 AM
It's sad but I have one main thought...

In the last 2+ years you realize that you're quickly going broke... get a job.

Why is his argument that he's been unemployed? Apply for a job by chance?

I'd venture to say that a fair percentage of the guys who are in this situation either don't have, or feel they don't have, any other applicable skills. Don't forget, for the majority of his life all he's done is play football. Now I know it isn't exactly the least enviable position to be in, playing a sport for a living, but I'd be willing to bet he's pretty lost now that he can't do that anymore.

tjsunstein
09-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I don't feel bad for any of these guys that get by on athletic abilities and make more than most do in multiple lifetimes. They should never go broke. I hope more NFL players take notice to this story so it doesn't happen to them but definitely won't feel sorry for them if it does. The only time they have to use their head is reading plays and managing their money. Such a tough life considering they have enough money to pay someone to manage it.

Watchman
09-15-2011, 11:42 AM
I'd venture to say that a fair percentage of the guys who are in this situation either don't have, or feel they don't have, any other applicable skills. Don't forget, for the majority of his life all he's done is play football. Now I know it isn't exactly the least enviable position to be in, playing a sport for a living, but I'd be willing to bet he's pretty lost now that he can't do that anymore.

I think that is a fair point. Fortunately because of the skill set he had/has he was compensated at an extremely high level that should have secured his future after football. His current situation is a shame, but I don't feel sorry for him. He also had the resources available to him to continue his education, learn a new skill set, etc., etc.

tjsunstein
09-15-2011, 11:44 AM
What are the odds that he actually bought that house he's living in with his parents?

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I don't feel bad for any of these guys that get by on athletic abilities and make more than most do in multiple lifetimes. They should never go broke. I hope more NFL players take notice to this story so it doesn't happen to them but definitely won't feel sorry for them if it does. The only time they have to use their head is reading plays and managing their money. Such a tough life considering they have enough money to pay someone to manage it.

1. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last time this happens to a big name athlete. Think of your favorite athletes right now, and it's pretty much guaranteed that the majority of them will be flat broke a few years after they retire. The culture of the league, a lot of the times, dictates the way players manage their money, and it usually isn't in a productive way. When you have teammates forcing you to pay for 40k dollar dinners on your first rookie paycheck, it kinda sets the bar.

2. Easier said than done. Most players come from low income households where they've never had the kind of money they do when they become professional athletes. Just think about it. If you were poor all your life, and all of a sudden, at the ripe age of 21, you're given multiple millions, what would you do? Even now? The first thing most people want to do is buy the stuff they've never been able to afford. I can't blame them for that, they earned the right to do so, but they need to be educated further on the risks of not planning for the future financially. Whatever the league is doing now obviously isn't working when 80% of players are broke three years after their last season in the league.

stephenson86
09-15-2011, 11:48 AM
What a knob.

vidae
09-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I can't feel sorry for him at all, I just can't. He made a LOT of money for PLAYING A GAME FOR A LIVING and if he can't handle that then that is too bad.

Shane P. Hallam
09-15-2011, 11:50 AM
I definitely don't like to hear a story like this. But if he is that strapped for cash, can't he find a job? He did go to college, not sure if he came out early, but isn't there a way to put that to use? I'm sure plenty of companies in any profession would take an ex-NFL superstar like McAlister.

When I taught in Maryland, A fellow Social Studies teacher was a former Super Bowl winner who had dabbled in many different professions before becoming a teacher. He didn't just take his retirement and go broke, he kept working and raising his family, etc, and now has a son in the NFL.

stephenson86
09-15-2011, 12:00 PM
I definitely don't like to hear a story like this. But if he is that strapped for cash, can't he find a job? He did go to college, not sure if he came out early, but isn't there a way to put that to use? I'm sure plenty of companies in any profession would take an ex-NFL superstar like McAlister.

When I taught in Maryland, A fellow Social Studies teacher was a former Super Bowl winner who had dabbled in many different professions before becoming a teacher. He didn't just take his retirement and go broke, he kept working and raising his family, etc, and now has a son in the NFL.

Where is the name drop?

Shane P. Hallam
09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Where is the name drop?

I'll pass on the name drop. If you really want to know, you can find it.

PoopSandwich
09-15-2011, 12:06 PM
I have a hard time finding pity for someone who made that much money and wasted it away.

Ness
09-15-2011, 12:20 PM

Maybe he could get a job coaching.

nepg
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I don't feel bad for him at all. Squandered multiple lifetimes' worth of money... Seems like ******** that he can't find a job. He was a huge part of one of the best defenses ever and played his entire career with the Ravens...I find it hard to believe they don't have something for him to do for a salary. Also, he's pulling an NFL pension. So he squandered all that money and is still pulling a really nice pay check.

The only thing I feel bad for him about is the child support payments. It's absolutely asinine that courts grant such ridiculous sums of money to worthless gold digging mothers. Kids aren't that ******* expensive and most fathers would give them and pay for whatever they actually need anyway...

Ness
09-15-2011, 12:26 PM
1. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last time this happens to a big name athlete. Think of your favorite athletes right now, and it's pretty much guaranteed that the majority of them will be flat broke a few years after they retire. The culture of the league, a lot of the times, dictates the way players manage their money, and it usually isn't in a productive way. When you have teammates forcing you to pay for 40k dollar dinners on your first rookie paycheck, it kinda sets the bar.

2. Easier said than done. Most players come from low income households where they've never had the kind of money they do when they become professional athletes. Just think about it. If you were poor all your life, and all of a sudden, at the ripe age of 21, you're given multiple millions, what would you do? Even now? The first thing most people want to do is buy the stuff they've never been able to afford. I can't blame them for that, they earned the right to do so, but they need to be educated further on the risks of not planning for the future financially. Whatever the league is doing now obviously isn't working when 80% of players are broke three years after their last season in the league.
Yeah a lot of these athletes were poor growing up and unfortunately just not educated enough in financing their money. They want to do everything that they've seen people with money do all their lives. That's a shame and this story of McCallister makes me shake my head. I'm hot and cold about it because one the one hand he should have known better as it's common sense to have managed his money if he's making that much, but on the other hand this happens to a lot of professional athletes, if not most of them when they retire. I'm wondering if the NFL has some financial managing support or some program to help these athletes really not screw things up. I know there is the rookie symposium, but I wonder if there is anything else. I suppose it's not the league's responsibility...as I think they just don't want the players to make the NFL look bad and may care less whether they go broke.

Ness
09-15-2011, 12:28 PM
The only thing I feel bad for him about is the child support payments. It's absolutely asinine that courts grant such ridiculous sums of money to worthless gold digging mothers. Kids aren't that ******* expensive and most fathers would give them and pay for whatever they actually need anyway...

Yes this I don't understand at all. Why is it Chris has to pay so much money a month? That's ridiculous. Just plain ridiculous. And you know the mother is probably living the high life. Really, I have to wonder how this flies in courts. It shouldn't matter how much money a man makes at all when it comes to child support. Not at all. That really makes me upset.

keylime_5
09-15-2011, 12:30 PM
you'd think that if he was really desperate for cash, being a former NFL great he could get a job at Arizona or for the Ravens doing something. Lots of guys who were greats in college don't really have to work b/c they could live off of their reputation. I know George Rogers got paid for basically doing nothing at USC after he retired from the NFL, the school set him up for life for winning the heisman.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Yes this I don't understand at all. Why is it Chris has to pay so much money a month? That's ridiculous. Just plain ridiculous. And you know the mother is probably living the high life. Really, I have to wonder how this flies in courts. It shouldn't matter how much money a man makes at all when it comes to child support. Not at all. That really makes me upset.

It's a set percentage of your income (% depending on the state). Plain and simple. As stupid and ******** as it sounds, but that's the case. Shaunie O'Neal was pulling in like 25k per head from Shaq plus alimony. That's another guy i think is gonna be broke pretty soon. It's sad, but with the kind of women professional athletes usually attract, they're all idiots for not having pre-nups or wrapping it up. Antonio Cromartie will be dirt poor one or two years after he's done playing.

bam bam
09-15-2011, 01:15 PM
you'd think that if he was really desperate for cash, being a former NFL great he could get a job at Arizona or for the Ravens doing something.

Im pretty sure the Ravens want nothing to do with him.

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2011, 01:19 PM
It's a set percentage of your income (% depending on the state). Plain and simple. As stupid and ******** as it sounds, but that's the case. Shaunie O'Neal was pulling in like 25k per head from Shaq plus alimony. That's another guy i think is gonna be broke pretty soon. It's sad, but with the kind of women professional athletes usually attract, they're all idiots for not having pre-nups or wrapping it up. Antonio Cromartie will be dirt poor one or two years after he's done playing.

I don't think Shaq is going to go broke. Ppl tend to forget Shaq is very intelligent. He even got his degree from LSU.

bam bam
09-15-2011, 01:20 PM

Spot on. The extortionist Family Courts are run by feminist logic, which means hypocrisy, dissonance, laws based on embellished statistics, and an active effort in suppressing Men's rights while favoring women.

Roddoliver
09-15-2011, 01:24 PM
We are in 2011. The world is overpopulated. Don't make children. Don't pay for child support and help the Earth survive.

nepg
09-15-2011, 01:26 PM
That's ********, though.

Child support should be to make sure basic needs are met (food, clothing, and a reasonable amount for housing - school should be negotiated by the parents). Whatever a father chooses to invest from there is his own business.

Complex
I wonder how much Cromartie plays in child support monthly.

MetSox17
I don't think Shaq is going to go broke. Ppl tend to forget Shaq is very intelligent. He even got his degree from LSU.

He has a Bachelor's Degree in General Studies. That's about as good as an English degree.

He may have money right now, but a lot of it is sunk in real estate and he pays a whole lot of money in child support and alimony. Don't forget he has like six kids with his ex wife, who he cheated on and got ****** in the divorce. Unless he changes his life style, he's gonna start running out of money in a few years.

Complex
09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
He has a Bachelor's Degree in General Studies. That's about as good as an English degree.

He may have money right now, but a lot of it is sunk in real estate and he pays a whole lot of money in child support and alimony. Don't forget he has like six kids with his ex wife, who he cheated on and got ****** in the divorce. Unless he changes his life style, he's gonna start running out of money in a few years.

He made over 400 million dollars if I remember right plus he has analysis for TNT and doesn't he have show on NBC/ABC? plus all those commercials he is in.

Giantsfan1080
09-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Well at least Shaq has a good paying TV job also even though that won't be starting on time.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 01:46 PM
That's ********, though.

Child support should be to make sure basic needs are met (food, clothing, and a reasonable amount for housing - school should be negotiated by the parents). Whatever a father chooses to invest from there is his own business.

Yep, that's how it should be, and it's ****** up that it isn't. That's why players (and well, everyone, for that matter) should really be careful with who they decide to get into it with. One bad move and you're paying half your paycheck to a money grubbing ***** who will threaten to throw your ass in jail the second you miss a child support payment.

He made over 400 million dollars if I remember right plus he has analysis for TNT and doesn't he have show on NBC/ABC? plus all those commercials he is in.

I'm not saying he will be, but i think he's at a high risk in a few years. Mike Tyson made more than that and he blew through it in less than ten years. Michael Jackson, MC Hammer, Wesley Pipes, Nicholas Cage.. the list goes on and on.

Rosebud
09-15-2011, 01:47 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha...hahahahahahahahahahaha. ..ok, ok this is kinda a sad commentary on our culture that we do such a terrible job of preparing people to succeed, but...hahahahahahahahahahahaha

bucfan12
09-15-2011, 02:03 PM
I bet his ex-wife doesn't have to work a day in her life now. 11,000K a month? That's a joke. I'm sure he pissed some of it away on worthless crap too, because most of these athletes still can't control there spending no matter how much they make.

But come on, 11k a month is ridiculous.

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Yep, that's how it should be, and it's ****** up that it isn't. That's why players (and well, everyone, for that matter) should really be careful with who they decide to get into it with. One bad move and you're paying half your paycheck to a money grubbing ***** who will threaten to throw your ass in jail the second you miss a child support payment.

I'm not saying he will be, but i think he's at a high risk in a few years. Mike Tyson made more than that and he blew through it in less than ten years. Michael Jackson, MC Hammer, Wesley Pipes, Nicholas Cage.. the list goes on and on.

Mike Tyson was an idiot. Great boxer but the guy was totally ******* stupid. He also had Don King with him, who also ruined Muhammad Ali.

jrdrylie
09-15-2011, 02:34 PM
No one should feel bad for him. It would take the average person between 600-1000 years to make what he made on his $55 million contract. Any star professional football player who goes broke has to be amazingly idiotic.

tjsunstein
09-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I bet his ex-wife doesn't have to work a day in her life now. 11,000K a month? That's a joke. I'm sure he pissed some of it away on worthless crap too, because most of these athletes still can't control there spending no matter how much they make.

But come on, 11k a month is ridiculous.
Compare 11k to what he was making. And guess who's broke? Him, not his baby momma. That's a joke.

Ness
09-15-2011, 03:07 PM

Wow that's so stupid. Seems like that will cause more problems with greedy women and whatever.

descendency
09-15-2011, 03:48 PM
See CJ2k... you should have held out for more or else you'll be the next washed up RB that's broke by 40.

not serious

FlyingElvis
09-15-2011, 03:56 PM
11k per month is silly, but I find it absurd that anyone can defend McAlister in that regard. Same as Cro and plenty others like them - these guys are trash who leave kids in their wake like they're puppies they didn't want but were too irresponsible to properly avoid.

Boo-*******-hoo. One more loser who blew through millions and has nothing to show for it.

I can only hope the mother had the good sense to properly manage the money she did get so the child that this asshat can no longer support will be provided with a decent life.

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2011, 04:24 PM
We are in 2011. The world is overpopulated. Don't make children. Don't pay for child support and help the Earth survive.

5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=related

FUNBUNCHER
09-15-2011, 04:51 PM
I feel sorry for the guy, even if it was his own fault.
I don't know what's wrong feeling bad for a guy who royally ****** up with his money.

It's just a sad, tragic story.

If I had a friend who invested his life savings in a start up that went bankrupt, I wouldn't be like, 'Tough tittays dude. Life sucks.'

I'd still feel awful for the guy.
It's bad when you meet someone who's totally clueless, which McAllister must have been.

CC.SD
09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
I seriously can't wait until this is Cromartie's thread. If he were anything other than a complete vagina flopping around on the football field (even during the playoffs) then I would feel neutral, or even wish him well. But I don't, so if ever there comes a day when I'm more successful than him, that'll be a good day.

Rosebud
09-15-2011, 04:55 PM
BXRjmyJFzrU

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2011, 04:56 PM
I seriously can't wait until this is Cromartie's thread. If he were anything other than a complete vagina flopping around on the football field (even during the playoffs) then I would feel neutral, or even wish him well. But I don't, so if ever there comes a day when I'm more successful than him, that'll be a good day.

I'm with ya on that one. He's also such a douchebag when he talks. Nothing but garbage comes out.

BigBanger
09-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Such a pathetic loser.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't think he realizes how much **** will hit the fan once he stops pulling in hundred thousand dollar pay checks every week. Look at Travis Henry, dude was slanging rocks one year after he was done in the league cause he needed money and still was getting arrested for skating on his child support payments. He had 9 kids, if i'm not mistaken.

EricCartmann
09-15-2011, 05:00 PM
He's not really broke, just trying to save himself $11,000 per month back payments for every month he is behind.

This is one reason you should never get married, and if you do have kids, make sure you live in a state that is not Pro-women, where they give the women the kid along with your whole paycheck.

tjsunstein
09-15-2011, 05:01 PM
11k per month is silly, but I find it absurd that anyone can defend McAlister in that regard. Same as Cro and plenty others like them - these guys are trash who leave kids in their wake like they're puppies they didn't want but were too irresponsible to properly avoid.

Boo-*******-hoo. One more loser who blew through millions and has nothing to show for it.

I can only hope the mother had the good sense to properly manage the money she did get so the child that this asshat can no longer support will be provided with a decent life.
If she's getting 11k a month for the full 18 years and doesn't have enough saved to put the kid through a good education system, college at least 4 times, a large sum to get them on their feet and more after then there is something seriously wrong with this society. That's upwards of 2.3 million in child support. It's child support, not your personal spending. /semi-rant

phlysac
09-15-2011, 05:01 PM

Amen!

Gold-diggers and deadbeat dad's are a match made in heaven. It's likely trifling that his ex gets that much money but at the same time, if he were a good father, and his priority was being a good father...

1. He wouldn't be broke.
2. He would work hard everyday to maintain his family's security.

It's maddening how many families are broken apart simply because of money and/or children.

Don't like $11,000 a month? Well, you should've thought about that back then and spent $5.00 on a box of Trojans.

Brodeur
09-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Did no one else see that he left his wife because she refused to get an abortion? This is pretty bad...

tjsunstein
09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Did no one else see that he left his wife because she refused to get an abortion? This is pretty bad...
She knew what she was doing...
Should have never let one loose inside of her.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 05:07 PM

The disagreement on whether to have a child or not would fall under irreconcilable differences in a divorce decree. Which is probably the #1 or #2 reason cited on divorce cases aside from infidelity. I don't blame him for wanting to skate on having a child if he wanted no part of it, but it is his duty to support it and help her support the child. What we're arguing is that there's no ******* way imaginable for a child to need 132k per year, unless you're feeding him porterhouse steaks every night and paying for a ridiculous private school.

Also, on a different note, Steve McNair's wife begged a judge to allow her four children to take money from McNair's still frozen assets for 'living expenses'.

They each got $500k.

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2011, 05:07 PM
She knew what she was doing...
Should have never let one loose inside of her.

Think you misunderstood. HE left HER cuz SHE wouldn't abort. She wanted to keep it he didn't.

tjsunstein
09-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Think you misunderstood. HE left HER cuz SHE wouldn't abort. She wanted to keep it he didn't.
No, I understood perfectly. If he didn't want a child, wrap it the **** up. Twice.

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Hope no kids are ever cursed to suffer through life with some of you guys as fathers. Men that hate their mothers and see them as a pain in their ass. No kid deserves a father like that. Get snipped before you ruin a life.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Hope no kids are ever cursed to suffer through life with some of you guys as fathers. Men that hate their mothers and see them as a pain in their ass. No kid deserves a father like that. Get snipped before you ruin a life.

How is it ultimately the duty of the man to bare responsibility? She shouldn't have let him **** her raw if she didn't want to risk a pregnancy, but i'm sure she wasn't there begging for him to stop. **** that money grubbing *****.

Brodeur
09-15-2011, 05:16 PM
How is it ultimately the duty of the man to bare responsibility? She shouldn't have let him **** her raw if she didn't want to risk a pregnancy, but i'm sure she wasn't there begging for him to stop. **** that money grubbing *****.

It's his fault for doing it in the first place. Plus, THEY WERE ******* MARRIED, she has every right to want a baby in that case.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 05:21 PM
It's his fault for doing it in the first place. Plus, THEY WERE ******* MARRIED, she has every right to want a baby in that case.

How is it any more his fault than it is hers? How difficult is it to understand that ultimately it is the decision of BOTH of them to be careful? She has every right to want whatever the **** she can think up in her little hamster sized brain, if she knew that he didn't want a child and she put herself at risk of getting pregnant, kept it against his will and is now trying to milk him dry for every penny he has, how is she anything but a filthy, no class money grubbing *****?

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 05:23 PM

When a man and a woman have sex a child is one of the possible outcomes that can be expected. If you don't want kids, it is 100% avoidable and it sure isn't rocket science to figure this out. And every man who cries about paying to take care of his own kids is a ******* piece of **** loser. Simple as that. If you deon't want to take care of kids, or be a father, then don't impregnate a woman. It's not a difficult concept.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 05:25 PM
When a man and a woman have sex a child is one of the possible outcomes that can be expected. If you don't want kids, it is 100% avoidable and it sure isn't rocket science to figure this out. And every man who cries about paying to take care of his own kids is a ******* piece of **** loser. Simple as that. If you deon't want to take care of kids, or be a father, then don't impregnate a woman. It's not a difficult concept.

And why doesn't the ***** get any of the blame? She shouldn't have spread her ***** legs if she didn't want to get pregnant. It works both ways, you can't just sit there and blame the guy.

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 05:25 PM
How is it any more his fault than it is hers? How difficult is it to understand that ultimately it is the decision of BOTH of them to be careful? She has every right to want whatever the **** she can think up in her little hamster sized brain, if she knew that he didn't want a child and she put herself at risk of getting pregnant, kept it against his will and is now trying to milk him dry for every penny he has, how is she anything but a filthy, no class money grubbing *****?

Any issues you think you should be addressing with a professional?

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Any issues you think you should be addressing with a professional?

Why, because i'm of the thought process that BOTH the mother and the father should be held responsible for an unplanned pregnancy? You're the one that thinks that somehow McAllister snuck up on this poor innocent woman and impregnated her without her knowledge and ran away when responsibility was knocking.

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Do you guys not have sex-ed in your schools? I know the U.S. overall is about twenty years behind many countries in this department but what I am seeing here is astounding. Are you guys really unaware of failure rates of birth control over time in relationships even if used 100% of the time? Long term, you will get a woman pregnant unless one of you is infertile.

Brodeur
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM
He's to blame for being a little ***** about it. If she got pregnant and decided to keep it, then it's absolutely her decision. I'm calling him a scumbag for feeling the need to divorce her for it, and it's his fault he's in the situation. I feel absolutely no sympathy for this douchebag.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
I am aware of the possibility of there being accidents through faulty or improperly used birth control, but unless the man is forcing the woman to have sex, she has every right to deny him and close her legs. She doesn't skate from the blame just because she's the woman.

A Perfect Score
09-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Anyone who has ever had sex knows how terrible condoms are. I MEAN COME ON! NOBODY WANTS TO WEAR ONE!

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Why, because i'm of the thought process that BOTH the mother and the father should be held responsible for an unplanned pregnancy? You're the one that thinks that somehow McAllister snuck up on this poor innocent woman and impregnated her without her knowledge and ran away when responsibility was knocking.

What is you attitude towards her, and what terms do you use to describe her?

Where did you get any of that garbage? You have no idea what my views are on this.

Brodeur
09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I am aware of the possibility of there being accidents through faulty or improperly used birth control, but unless the man is forcing the woman to have sex, she has every right to deny him and close her legs. She doesn't skate from the blame just because she's the woman.

She's a woman having sex with her husband, I honestly don't see why she should be blamed. Maybe neither planned on having a baby, but it's sex as a married couple. When she happens to get pregnant and wants to keep it, that's her decision.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
She's a woman having sex with her husband, I honestly don't see why she should be blamed. Maybe neither planned on having a baby, but it's sex as a married couple. When she happens to get pregnant and wants to keep it, that's her decision.

Right, it's her decision. But he also has every right to bail out of a relationship where he doesn't want to be a father at that point in time, so long as he's willing and able to take the financial responsibility of a father. What i think is disgusting is the fact that they're taking a ridiculous amount of money that he worked hard to earn and just giving it to her. Is there anyone monitoring where that money is being spent? He has been unemployed for two years now. That's $264k that has come out of his savings or pension. Wouldn't you want to know WHY she wouldn't want to re-structure the child support payments to something that is both affordable yet reasonable for the needs of the child?

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2011, 05:43 PM
No, I understood perfectly. If he didn't want a child, wrap it the **** up. Twice.

Was just saying cuz you said she so...just clarifying =)

Brodeur
09-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Right, it's her decision. But he also has every right to bail out of a relationship where he doesn't want to be a father at that point in time, so long as he's willing and able to take the financial responsibility of a father. What i think is disgusting is the fact that they're taking a ridiculous amount of money that he worked hard to earn and just giving it to her. Is there anyone monitoring where that money is being spent? He has been unemployed for two years now. That's $264k that has come out of his savings or pension. Wouldn't you want to know WHY she wouldn't want to re-structure the child support payments to something that is both affordable yet reasonable for the needs of the child?

Well yeah it's a bit much I'll admit that, but I don't really feel for Chris because he's still an ass.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 05:49 PM

So now it's HER responsibility to restructure because HIS earning potential decreased???

Wow, you want the man to skate nearly any and all responsibility in this case it seems.

It is McAllister's responsibility to petition the courts for a reduction in support based on his changes in income. The fact that he is still unemployed after 2 years makes me tend to believe that he hasn't filed that petition, either. (I don't know that as factual)

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 05:55 PM
So now it's HER responsibility to restructure because HIS earning potential decreased???

Wow, you want the man to skate nearly any and all responsibility in this case it seems.

It is McCallister's responsibility to petition the courts for a reduction in support based on his changes in income. The fact that he is still unemployed after 2 years makes me tend to believe that he hasn't filed that petition, either. (I don't know that as factual)

The money is being given to her for the needs of her CHILD. Not her. What would be wrong with taking 2k a month instead of 11k? Will the child be any less hungry? Would he be missing diapers?

You're right in that it's his duty to file for the change, if she argues against it, how am i supposed to believe that she's doing it for the sake of their child?

Brodeur
09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
I would understand around $4,000-$7,000 a month honestly, $2,000 is still pretty weak. Still enough for a decent apartment and a good day care while she works, but people don't have work ethics sooooooo.

Ravens1991
09-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Cmac told a Bmore reporter he never talked to TMZ and is fine financially and just bought a new Condo. This is BS

BigBanger
09-15-2011, 05:58 PM
I1dwMEyFjZ4

phlysac
09-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Of course he wouldn't want people to think he's broke.

Being broke isn't culturally acceptable. While ridin' high is.

Why would TMZ choose Chris McAllister to make up a story about?

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Anyone who has ever had sex knows how terrible condoms are. I MEAN COME ON! NOBODY WANTS TO WEAR ONE!

If you are relying solely on condoms you are going to be a daddy. They rip and rip often unless you get those urethane ones, but they are expensive. Not as expense as raising a child and putting it through college, but more expensive than latex condoms. Multiple forms of birth control are a better bet.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 06:05 PM
I would understand around $4,000-$7,000 a month honestly, $2,000 is still pretty weak. Still enough for a decent apartment and a good day care while she works, but people don't have work ethics sooooooo.

This isn't alimony. Should she just be allowed to kick it and enjoy life all on his dime? How is that not ****** up? The kid needs food, clothes, toiletries, a daycare or nanny, health insurance.. that isn't more than a couple of thousand a month, if that.

Ravens1991
09-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Of course he wouldn't want people to think he's broke.

Being broke isn't culturally acceptable. While ridin' high is.

Why would TMZ choose Chris McAllister to make up a story about?

z

if he was broke he never would have talked to TMZ in the first play. This whole thing is BS.

But he did have an alcohol issue in the past, my uncle is BPD and he knows cops who saw him **** wrecked wasted every night at night clubs and strip clubs so I doubt he is in perfect financial situation

Brodeur
09-15-2011, 06:13 PM
This isn't alimony. Should she just be allowed to kick it and enjoy life all on his dime? How is that not ****** up? The kid needs food, clothes, toiletries, a daycare or nanny, health insurance.. that isn't more than a couple of thousand a month, if that.

So she didn't get alimony in the divorce? Maybe this is just making up for it. But I don't see why $4,000 a month is a big deal, honestly.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
z

if he was broke he never would have talked to TMZ in the first play. This whole thing is BS.

But he did have an alcohol issue in the past, my uncle is BPD and he knows cops who saw him **** wrecked wasted every night at night clubs and strip clubs so I doubt he is in perfect financial situation

TMZ claims they have documents filed to the State. It'll easily be proved one way or the other.

That's my understanding of McAllister also. Lots of partying and lots of strip-clubs. One of the original "make it rain" guys who showered strippers with thousands.

Good financial planning.

TACKLE
09-15-2011, 06:16 PM
just because

kLZN0CabW6s

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 06:17 PM
So she didn't get alimony in the divorce? Maybe this is just making up for it. But I don't see why $4,000 a month is a big deal, honestly.

They were only married for 13 months, so i doubt she got any, but with the child, maybe she did, who knows? But usually alimony is awarded depending on the longevity of the marriage and whether she was being fully taken care of while she was married. In Texas alimony is only awarded in marriages that lasted longer than 10 years, and only 40% of the giver's income, but not to exceed $2500. That's a far cry from the 11k she was raking in.

BigBanger
09-15-2011, 06:23 PM
I thought the same thing until I started banging a 34 year old who had the greatest pair of tits I've ever encountered. Since I couldn't last more than 10 minutes without one, I started using them for the first time since the only time I used a condom (I think I went through 6 in the only night I ever used them and couldn't stay hard). I had very little experience with condoms and never thought I would use one ever again.

Condoms are not the issue here though, dude. It's on the woman. Get her on a birth control cycle and enjoy rawdogin' it. The mans only responsibility is making sure the spiteful little **** is taking the pills.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 06:50 PM
The condom "excuse" is just that.

I'm 35 and have worn them every single time for the past 20 years. I've NEVER, had a dysfunctional issue with them.

It's mental NOT physical.

descendency
09-15-2011, 06:57 PM

It's completely unbelievable that anyone would think that someone would play in the NFL for 18 years. So, yeah, there should be some restructuring and she should have prepared for it. It's just as irresponsible to not have seen this coming as it was to run off.

Having said that, child support should have a maximum and minimum value. No child (baring some kind of special needs) ever needs 1000 a month to live on, especially not from one parent. However, there should never be a way to not pay at least 200-300 a month. Ever.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 07:04 PM
It's completely unbelievable that anyone would think that someone would play in the NFL for 18 years. So, yeah, there should be some restructuring and she should have prepared for it. It's just as irresponsible to not have seen this coming as it was to run off.

Having said that, child support should have a maximum and minimum value. No child (baring some kind of special needs) ever needs 1000 a month to live on, especially not from one parent. However, there should never be a way to not pay at least 200-300 a month. Ever.

It's not her to say how much support she gets. The courts decide. It's HIS responsibility to restructure. Why should she restructure if she's getting what she's getting?

Also, alot of you guys don't understand how child support works. No kid should "ever" get more than $1000????

If the kid's contributing parent has the means to afford tremendous education and tremendous healthcare the child should have that right as well. Just healthcare and education alone can be far and above $1000 a month. That hasn't even touched thinhs like daycare, clothing, food, shelter, etc.

Many of you guys think the man should keep his millions while the child scrapes by month-month... c'mon now.

I'm not saying that children NEED more, I'm saying that a millionaire shouldn't skate by on just giving "the minimum" to his children that he didn't want.

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 07:35 PM
It's interesting that a man should live on steak and Crystal while showering strippers with cash and expect his kids to eat hamburger helper and that there are people that are okay with this.

I must have my priorities backwards.

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2011, 08:18 PM
It's interesting that a man should live on steak and Crystal while showering strippers with cash and expect his kids to eat hamburger helper and that there are people that are okay with this.

I must have my priorities backwards.

And what the **** is wrong with hamburger helper?!?!

This is war ************

Bengalsrocket
09-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I could be wrong, I believe the courts define child support as more than just the small tangible stuff like food & clothing. Education and house condition matter as well as a lot of other stuff I'm sure.

Yes, the mother's house is partly paid for by child support. I know some of you seem to think this wrong, but a studio apartment might be ok for the mother to live in, but it's not enough for her to raise a child as well.

I realize 11k is a lot of money, but it seems to be percentage based. It's hard to feel outraged when you realize that this guy should have easily been cruising off the rest of his pay check if 11k was just a small percentage of it.

Bucs_Rule
09-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Condoms are not the issue here though, dude. It's on the woman. Get her on a birth control cycle and enjoy rawdogin' it. The mans only responsibility is making sure the spiteful little **** is taking the pills.

You couldn't enforce that. She could flush a pill down the toilet everyday. If you watch to make sure she takes them then she replaces with vitamins that look the same.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 09:27 PM
You couldn't enforce that. She could flush a pill down the toilet everyday. If you watch to make sure she takes them then she replaces with vitamins that look the same.

They're in pre-packaged foil/plastic-y things, labeled by day.

Brent
09-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Do these assholes not know of something called a vasectomy?

They make more in a week what I take in over the course of a year, and even I will likely get a vasectomy.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 09:34 PM

You obviously don't realize that "the pill" isn't any more effective than condoms. They both fail on average of roughly 3-5% annually IF USED PROPERLY!!!

That doesn't even take into account the misuse of either.

Flyboy
09-15-2011, 09:44 PM
I can almost guarantee that the majority of individuals in this thread don't have kids... just a guess and even if the story is false - $11,000 for child support is absolutely crazy. Take it from someone that has a daughter and while I do not pay child support, I know how courts lean in situations like this and 99% they aren't fair at all in favor of the male.

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 09:54 PM
$1000 a month to raise a kid....

You guys better hope your children never have anything go wrong in their lives ever if you want to budget that number. You don't seem to have any concept whatsoever of what could be coming down the pipe if you choose to have children.

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Do you know how much Hamburger Helper I could buy for my kids with $1,000?

Rabscuttle
09-15-2011, 10:17 PM
1497 boxes or enough that you should have the health insurance paid up?

Caddy
09-15-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't feel sorry for him.

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2011, 10:26 PM
It was a rhetorical question. Of course I could buy 1497 boxes. Everyone knows that wise guy.

MetSox17
09-15-2011, 10:28 PM
$1000 a month to raise a kid....

You guys better hope your children never have anything go wrong in their lives ever if you want to budget that number. You don't seem to have any concept whatsoever of what could be coming down the pipe if you choose to have children.

My parents raised four of us on about 2/3 of that per month, and we have four bachelor's degrees and two masters degrees between us. Don't tell me it can't be done. It isn't what i would recommend, and i wouldn't wish it on anyone, but i don't wan't to hear that 4-7k a month is what would be appropriate for the child to have a decent life. That's laughable.

phlysac
09-15-2011, 10:39 PM
My parents raised four of us on about 2/3 of that per month, and we have four bachelor's degrees and two masters degrees between us. Don't tell me it can't be done. It isn't what i would recommend, and i wouldn't wish it on anyone, but i don't wan't to hear that 4-7k a month is what would be appropriate for the child to have a decent life. That's laughable.

who has said that?

And 2/3 of "that"... which number is "that?"

Per what you quoted it's $1000.

$667/month

that's a COMBINED $6.25/hour

What income are you basing this on?

Single earning household? State Assistance? Health Benefits?

I'm not asking you to answer these personal questions It's just that it shouldn't be considered "ok" for a muliti-millionaire to have his children scraping by.

I make double that number (which isn't saying much) and I wouldn't even DREAM raising a child with that money. It would be impossibile without State assistance.

bearsfan_51
09-15-2011, 10:40 PM
This thread is like the sewer of NFLDC.

niel89
09-15-2011, 10:41 PM
It was a rhetorical question. Of course I could buy 1497 boxes. Everyone knows that wise guy.

With or without the ground beef though?

CashmoneyDrew
09-15-2011, 10:48 PM

Hamburger helper is not that bad. I mean it's not Denny's or anything.

With or without the ground beef though?

Without of course. Why would I need to buy ground beef as long as this neighboring farm continues to let me steal their cows?

Brent
09-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Which is why you are here.

Raiderz4Life
09-15-2011, 11:30 PM
I can kinda see the girl's point though. You ditch me cuz I didn't wanna abort OUR child..it takes 2 to tango...and you're making millions? **** you i'm taking as much as I can.

I know I'd do it. But i'm a spiteful person.

bearsfan_51
09-15-2011, 11:32 PM
Which is why you are here.
You've shown a real proclivity for responding to all of my posts with snarky comments. Still butthurt I made fun of Texas?

Brent
09-15-2011, 11:37 PM
You've shown a real proclivity for responding to all of my posts with snarky comments. Still butthurt I made fun of Texas?
Not at all, more that I respect you enough to respond [if I hated you: A) that would be sad because it's the internet, and B) I wouldn't bother with a response]. Also, you tend to offer up posts with a chance for me to be snarky, which is my forté. Well, that and making jokes about things people are sensitive about.

Rosebud
09-16-2011, 03:40 AM
EDIT:

**** it, please delete.

cmarq83
09-16-2011, 08:51 AM
It's not her to say how much support she gets. The courts decide. It's HIS responsibility to restructure. Why should she restructure if she's getting what she's getting?

Also, alot of you guys don't understand how child support works. No kid should "ever" get more than $1000????

If the kid's contributing parent has the means to afford tremendous education and tremendous healthcare the child should have that right as well. Just healthcare and education alone can be far and above $1000 a month. That hasn't even touched thinhs like daycare, clothing, food, shelter, etc.

Many of you guys think the man should keep his millions while the child scrapes by month-month... c'mon now.

I'm not saying that children NEED more, I'm saying that a millionaire shouldn't skate by on just giving "the minimum" to his children that he didn't want.

I just don't agree with this premise. I feel like the intent of child support is to give the now single guardian of the parent the aid they need to support the child the way they would be able to in a dual parent household. That means things like health insurance, food, decent lodging, clothing, daycare for when the mother works, and other essential supplies. However, it's clear that McCallister wanted nothing to do with this child, yet the mother chose to keep it. Should he have to pay more than what is necessary just because his mother wants the child to have the best. The kid doesn't need to go to private schools, Blue Cross Medical insurance, and dine on caviar and Kobe Beef just because his father can afford it? If the mother wants these things for her child she should have to go out and earn it herself. She should certainly get help along the way from McCallister, but that doesn't mean that she should be able to live on easy street for 18 years making $132,000 for a family of 2 just because she chose to have their kid.

In a perfect world McCallister would take an interest in the kid's life and he would have these opportunities. Unfortunately though however he didn't. The mother must have had this knowledge, and thus when she chose to keep the baby should be understood that she wouldn't get the maximum support from McCallister.

Just my $.02

FlyingElvis
09-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Wow. Just . . . wow.

If only I could have the last few minutes back . . .

bearsfan_51
09-16-2011, 10:29 AM
However, it's clear that McCallister wanted nothing to do with this child, yet the mother chose to keep it. Should he have to pay more than what is necessary just because his mother wants the child to have the best.
Yes. He absolutely should. You create a human, you take care of that human.

Also dissuade yourself of the notion that mothers have free reign to spend child support however they want. If he's spending lots o' money on child support, rest assured that the vast majority of the money is going to care for his child, which he created, because he wanted to get his dick wet.

cmarq83
09-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Yes. He absolutely should. You create a human, you take care of that human.

Also dissuade yourself of the notion that mothers have free reign to spend child support however they want. If he's spending lots o' money on child support, rest assured that the vast majority of the money is going to care for his child, which he created, because he wanted to get his dick wet.

Who is to say that those needs aren't satisfied at a number far less than $11,000 a month? Many states have flat child support rates. Just because McAlister could afford to pay more doesn't mean he should have to.

To your second point about free reign in child support spending, many states don't have any accounting statutes so in essence there is freedom to spend it however they want, and many of the statutes are particularly vague just saying they need to apply them to the needs of the child which could be almost anything. In the divorce his wife probably got a good chunk of their property which likely included lodging, and McAllister's NFL health plan probably covered the child with no additional cost to him. So what the hell does his ex-wife need $11,000 a month for? There is no way that money is going towards efficiently satisfying the child's needs.

Breed
09-16-2011, 02:37 PM
11k a month for Child Support? Those are some expensive ass diapers.

bearsfan_51
09-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Who is to say that those needs aren't satisfied at a number far less than $11,000 a month?
A judge. Get a law degree and argue against him/her if it upsets you. These laws exist for a reason.

BigBanger
09-16-2011, 03:15 PM
You obviously don't realize that "the pill" isn't any more effective than condoms. They both fail on average of roughly 3-5% annually IF USED PROPERLY!!!

That doesn't even take into account the misuse of either.
Okay Dad.

I was banging a girl for over 2 years and she was on the pill, and there were no problems at all. 3% is pretty good odds, which I'll take all day.

The current girl I'm crushing has something she calls the "ring," which just sits in her vagina and is replaced like every three weeks during her period.

The 34 YO that I was railing had a birth control that only pregnant women are all allowed to use. And that also sits in the vag, but higher up (maybe the cervix? I wasn't really paying attention). I blocked her phone number one night without ever saying goodbye or anything and I'm pretty sure she left the state, so if she got pregnant, it wasn't by me and I never met her.

What?

Rosebud
09-16-2011, 04:16 PM

If you can't trust your girl to take her pill/any-of-the-other-hundred-options you probably shouldn't not be wearing a condom when boning her.

cmarq83
09-16-2011, 07:34 PM
A judge. Get a law degree and argue against him/her if it upsets you. These laws exist for a reason.

Like I said these laws vary from state to state, I believe a flat rate is appropriate, and the progressive rate in the state in question is flawed. I'm not saying that the judge wasn't doing what was appropriate based on the governing laws of the state, but I feel that the law is fundamentally flawed.

NotRickJames
09-16-2011, 07:50 PM
I wonder how much Cromartie plays in child support monthly.

Cro will probably be in the same position when his football career is over.

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/tanastyGOAT/gorillalol.jpg

Leon Sandcastle
09-17-2011, 12:29 PM
how can you feel sorry for a guy that made that much money, obviously failed to spend it in an appropriate manner and is now broke. Unless he lost his money in the stock market, housing market or through some bad investment then sure I feel a little sorry for him, but if your making that kind of money you should have been able to afford a financial advisor that would have prevented you from squandering away all your money.

I'd like to think of myself as a sympathetic person but I mean c'mon. Dude was a multi-millionaire.

If you were frugal and valued a hard earned dollar he could've lived off 1 contract let alone all the money he made.