at
San Francisco 49ers (1-0)

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2008/0730/candlestick_580.jpg

Time: 1:05 pm pst

The epic rivalry. Brings back so many great memories:

This:
http://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/896/224/76/Atz4mDPqM0LTGEW.jpg

and this
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/nfl.top.free.agent.signings.alltime/images/deion-sanders.jpg

and this guy:
http://www.pristineauction.com/images/auctions/15367/main_1.jpg

and this:
http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200809/1227d6fa9e406a2097d158826b0f9ad1.jpg

But none of this:
http://oxhot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/1311742797-77.jpg

Featuring lots of this:
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20110915-ns_23boys49ers21_4051479.jpg1.ece/ALTERNATES/w440/NS_23BOYS49ERS21_4051479.JPG

But I'm scared of this:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/blogs/thequad/ware.JPG

Standings: It's the battle of the first-place 9ers vs. the last place Cowboys!

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (1-0)
1. Arizona Cardinals (1-0)
3. Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
3. St. Louis Rams (0-1)

NFC East
1. Philadelphia Eagles (1-0)
1. Washington Redskins (1-0)
3. New York Giants (0-1)
3. Dallas Cowboys (0-1)

Special Note: 9ers dreams of undefeated season look to continue. Dallas is closing in on a winless season.

Also, Ten Ginn is on pace for 32 special teams touchdowns. That would be a record.

http://media.cleveland.com/startingblocks/photo/10007360-large.jpg

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
09-17-2011, 02:50 AM
/Bows. Bravo Borat!

Crossing my fingers we miss Dez for this game.

hawkeye123
09-17-2011, 02:52 AM
I have no idea what to expect

binary
09-17-2011, 04:53 AM
nervous and anxious about this game, but getting the lube ready for a rape.

edgrenade
09-17-2011, 06:34 AM
I'm going to be the game and I'm pretty pumped. My brother is a HUGE Dallas fan and we've been trash talking all week. I'm excited to see how the team looks in person this year.

I think that there is a chance that the Niners take this game as well.

VAfy-ya
09-17-2011, 06:51 AM
I would feel better about this game if it were further along on the schedule. Just dont think we're ready yet. The team is talented enough to beat the 'girls convincenly. Just dont know if they're ready to excute at this point like they need to beat a team of this nature. God I hope Im wrong though....

VAfy-ya
09-17-2011, 07:09 AM
I also LOVE the fact that their entire fanbase believes this is a easy win for them and that we offer no real challenge to them in any way.......other than making sure they don't kick to Ted Ginn.

phlysac
09-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I also LOVE the fact that their entire fanbase believes this is a easy win for them and that we offer no real challenge to them in any way.

See:

Ravens vs. Steelers
Bills vs. Chiefs

Madirishman
09-17-2011, 11:38 AM
A win this early in the season in this type of game (where you're expected to get rolled) can make a team's season. I'm looking for them to build on last week and show a little more on the offensive side of the ball. I expect Gore t have a better game. Constant pressure on Romo will cause him to make some mistakes.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
09-17-2011, 01:50 PM
David Buehler popping off:
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/09/cowboys-kicker-david-buehler-o.html
"If the wind is at my back, hopefully I'll get the green light and be able to kick a touchback and keep it out of Ted Ginn's hands because he is a dangerous returner," Cowboys kicker David Buehler said. "As long as you hit him in the mouth earlier, I think he might give up."

Not quite the same level of smack talk as Julian Peterson's guarantee but nonetheless has me counting down the hours till the game.

Rabscuttle
09-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Just the andro talking.

phlysac
09-17-2011, 03:18 PM
David Buehler popping off:

How can you pop him in the mouth if you're kicking touchbacks David?

Brent
09-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Best Outcome: Harbaugh was purposefully conservative last week to not give away too much and unleashes the passing game on Dallas' weak secondary.

Worst Outcome: Cowboys win 42-6

Ness
09-17-2011, 11:22 PM
I also LOVE the fact that their entire fanbase believes this is a easy win for them and that we offer no real challenge to them in any way.......other than making sure they don't kick to Ted Ginn.

If you had the Cowboys roster and the Cowboys had the 49ers roster, you'd probably think this is an easy win too. That being said, I hope we win. I wouldn't mind losing the rest of of the games if we won this one.

I think Dallas is going to win though. I'm guessing 24-13.

Brent
09-18-2011, 07:13 AM
I wouldn't mind losing the rest of of the games if we won this one. .
uh, I'll let them have this if I'm assured future wins this year. Old enough to remember the rivalry or not, I'll take enjoying current/future success over watching old games on NFL Network.

YAYareaRB
09-18-2011, 09:23 AM
something needs to be unleashed. dallas has some weapons. i think fangio and the front 7 are gonna have to win this for us. a pressured tony romo is close to being one of the worst qbs in the league. a tony romo allowed to sit back in the pocket and go through his reads can hurt us. unleash the beats fangio

Rabscuttle
09-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Bouble barrel blitz, Bowman takes Romo out. Then we can slug it out in a sloppy ******** football game - Niner football.

YAYareaRB
09-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Bouble barrel blitz, Bowman takes Romo out. Then we can slug it out in a sloppy ******** football game - Niner football.

if that leads to a W over the cowgirls, im all for it lol

Rabscuttle
09-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Other scenario that we could come out on top. Score board dude keeps putting 4th quarter on the clock, Romo makes 87 turnovers.

YAYareaRB
09-18-2011, 10:10 AM
hahahahha. i got a good laugh at that one

dan77733
09-18-2011, 11:45 AM
http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-200809/1227d6fa9e406a2097d158826b0f9ad1.jpg

I'll be wearing my Owens 49ers jersey!!! Funny thing is that he crushed the Cowboys as a 49er and then crushed us as an Eagle and Cowboy. Just wish he was playing for us now!!! Oh well. At least the memories are awesome.

Side note - While I had Madden NFL 12, I was playing the 49ers/Cowboys game and won with a Smith to Owens TD pass late fourth quarter in the middle against two defenders. It was a copy of the Catch II. Thus, I named it the Catch III. I wish I would have recorded the play. Oh well. :(

hawkeye123
09-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Edit: Nevermind got one

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Already down Dez, the Cowboys may have just lost Felix Jones, who got crunched by Willis and is holding his wrist. I like it.

Borat
09-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Billick LOVES our Oline lolololol. He crazy.

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Billick LOVES our Oline lolololol. He crazy.

He loves our O-Line's potential. He's also no longer a HC.

TOUCHDOWN GORE! What a drive-saving rollout and chuck into the endzone by Alex that drew the interference penalty to set up the TD.

YAYareaRB
09-18-2011, 03:57 PM
had it not been for that interference it woulda been a td. a sweet td at that

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
09-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Hellva play by Alex to keep it alive and nice to see Frankie punch it in.

VAfy-ya
09-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Maybe its the excitement of the moment, but I think that PI pass from Alex was the best play I've ever seen him make.

YAYareaRB
09-18-2011, 04:11 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! KYLE WILLIAMS!!! fade to the corner!!!

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
09-18-2011, 04:12 PM
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! KYLE WILLIAMS!!! fade to the corner!!!

FINALLY A FRIGGING FADE ROUTE!!!!!!!! Congrats to Kyle on his 1st TD.

YAYareaRB
09-18-2011, 04:13 PM
cheers all around for the TD!! gosh that felt great

VAfy-ya
09-18-2011, 04:15 PM
WOOOOOOOW!!!!!!

This can't be Alex Smith out there throwing darts on all over the field with poise and accuracy? But it IS though........

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 04:15 PM
They need to keep the momentum going and step on their throat. No mercy. No need to get cute. This Cowboys team will keep chucking it and won't go down lightly. Make Romo implode!

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
09-18-2011, 04:29 PM
uuuuuggggghhhhhhh

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Well, looks like Romo is indeed knocked out. Rogers blindside hit in the first half nailed his ribs. Kitna came in and is carving up our secondary though...

Until Whitner comes up with a HUGE pick! YES!!!

hawkeye123
09-18-2011, 05:30 PM
21-14 end of 3rd.

Hold on guys!!!

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Nice pick by Brock. That's already 2 in two games for him.

WAY TO STICK THE DAGGER IN THEM AFTER THE PICK! About time they throw the ball down the field and get the momentum back. Time to bury these cowgirls!

Romo returning? Time to nail him in the ribs again.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
09-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Harbaugh shouldn't take the points in this spot. Penalty would put the ball at the 22. SF would still be in field goal range and can run some clock off.

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Interesting decision by Harbaugh to take the guaranteed 3 points and not have the ability to run more time off the clock and possibly even score a touchdown. Hell of a kick for Akers. Nailed that 55 yarder. Hope the decision pays off and the D can lock this one up.

I can only imagine if the Niners had Kickers like Nedney or Akers in their dynasty years instead of Mike Cofer. They'd maybe have another ring or two.

Borat
09-18-2011, 05:48 PM
That was a horrible decision by Harbaugh.

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Harbaugh shouldn't take the points in this spot. Penalty would put the ball at the 22. SF would still be in field goal range and can run some clock off.

I would try to run off more clock and then make it a two score game, but in Harbuagh I trust. They did get the 15 yards on the kickoff to make sure Dallas was pinned deep in their territory, down 2 scores in "Romo's favorite quarter."

Niners start off the drive with a sack by Ray Mac!!! Can someone say breakout season?!?!

Borat
09-18-2011, 06:07 PM
I didn't think Harbaugh was that stupid. I mean seriously, that was a monumentally stupid decision.

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Yeah, it didn't pay off. The Cowboys had enough clock left to score twice.

Overtime.

VAfy-ya
09-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Horrible way to lose a game. 3 TDs given up to just atroious safety play. I'd have rather us been blown out.

49erNation85
09-18-2011, 06:31 PM
How is our o line looking today guys?I've been at work all day( boring day ) Just now catching OT.But why again does Smith have under 180 yards in passing dam it

OK how does dallas QB still have enough gas left to even win over us grrrrrrrr.

Borat
09-18-2011, 06:35 PM
When you don't play to win, you deserve to lose. Plain and simple.

That was something Nolan would have done. And I find it quite disturbing.

Madirishman
09-18-2011, 06:38 PM
F***ing horrible way to lose a game. They had the ability to win that one and go for 3-0 on the road next week in CIncy. These are the type of games that playoff teams win. We're not there yet.

Ness
09-18-2011, 06:42 PM
I am so ashamed of the 49ers. They had a 14-0 lead at home and let Dallas come back and rape them. And on that 4th down 1 I can't believe Harbaugh was going to punt the ball if it stood. The entire bar I was at was shocked and hated that decision. Ultimately it didn't matter, but the fact that Harbaugh was going to do that was so stupid, especially when the defense was getting rapped all game long through the air. Seriously, they couldn't cover to say their lives. And the offensive line is also a piece of ****, still. This is the only game I wanted the 49ers to win and they ******* choked. Losers.

dan77733
09-18-2011, 06:43 PM
WOW!!! Is our head coach Jim Harbaugh or Nolan/Singletary?????

Ness
09-18-2011, 06:44 PM
When you don't play to win, you deserve to lose. Plain and simple.

That was something Nolan would have done. And I find it quite disturbing.
Just sad and stupid. And Harbaugh has Walsh as his mentor? Yeah okay buddy.

Ness
09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
How is our o line looking today guys?I've been at work all day( boring day ) Just now catching OT.But why again does Smith have under 180 yards in passing dam it

OK how does dallas QB still have enough gas left to even win over us grrrrrrrr.

Alex didn't look awful, but he still didn't look like a megastar. Which is why his passing numbers are so pedestrian for the second straight week. I just hope he cracks 3,000 yards passing.

Ness
09-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Horrible way to lose a game. 3 TDs given up to just atroious safety play. I'd have rather us been blown out.

Yes at least I could have left the bar early. That was the most embarassing walk home I've ever had. And I only live two blocks away. I refused to wear my 49ers hat I was sporting at the bar. I was so ashamed.

Won't be surprised if Andy Dalton has a career day against us next week. The secondary sucks ass.

dan77733
09-18-2011, 07:06 PM
The decision to keep the 3 points was ******* stupid beyond belief. I can understand if its still 4th down after the penalty but it was 1st down. Harbaugh is NOT being aggressive at all. Harbaugh is NOT showing any confidence or faith in Smith. He's basically trying to get a small lead and hang on for the cheap win. Come on. Up 7 and getting that first down, I would have accepted the penalty and went right after the Cowboys secondary which is just as bad or worse than ours. Basically, I would have tried to put the dagger in them.

Oh well, whatever.

Brent
09-18-2011, 07:08 PM
how the **** were there THAT many Cowboys fans at Candlestick?

Ness
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
how the **** were there THAT many Cowboys fans at Candlestick?
Dallas has a lot of fans everywhere + 49ers "fans" don't go to the stadium anymore after all of these years of losing.

Ness
09-18-2011, 07:21 PM
It's already week two of Jim Harbaugh's first season as head coach and now I'm wondering if he is going to be another Mike Nolan.

Brent
09-18-2011, 07:23 PM
Dallas has a lot of fans everywhere + 49ers "fans" don't go to the stadium anymore after all of these years of losing.
Fair enough. I guess living in Dallas (which makes all this so much more annoying) has afforded me few chances to see the Niners in person. I can't take such chances for granted.

Also, I'll say it: Jesse Holley... c'mon, son. We get it, you're happy.

Ness
09-18-2011, 07:29 PM
God I'm so angry. So ******* angry.

Borat
09-18-2011, 07:38 PM
ZOMGZZZZZZ!!! A 10-point lead with 10 minutes to go? That's ******* insurmountable!!! We win by mercy rulezzz!

/incompetant coaching staff.

binary
09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
wow Harbaugh, wow. Way to instill confidence in your Offense. I thought we got rid of this crap..smh.

Ness
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
This is the kind of **** that really makes me not want to watch any games. Being bad is par for the course, but not having any heart or balls is so much worse.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Other frustrating thing is SF gets the ball back with 3 point lead and over 6 minutes left in the game and can't run the clock down. I'm just pissed off run blocking looks exactly the same as last season. Wish we paid the extra dough to keep Baas.

VAfy-ya
09-18-2011, 08:08 PM
I think some of you need to lay off Harbaugh just a tad. Sure I would have liked to see him take the first down and maybe run three straight times to burn some clock and then kick another field goal but look at the team he's dealing with. Just our luck its a botched handoff, or a fumbled snap. Or someone blows a block and and we end up losing yardage after 3 plays. The smart decision was not to take points off the board. IF this team excuted a little better, maybe I'm agreeing with you all. But at this point in the season, I totally understand his thinking.

My problem with this loss is defensively and it starts with Fangio. You knock Romo out of the game and you have a robotic QB in Kitna in the huddle of a sudden and you now decide to go passive and sit in Cover 2. I swore it was Manusky for a second. And then you continue to let a veteran QB just stand in the pocket and carve up your zone AND throw the game-tying TD to boot. I just for the life of me can't understand how you go after Romo but you play coverage with Kitna. And then what happens when you finally send some heat and run some trap zone behind it? He throws into coverage for a tip int by Brock. That to me is where we blew the game. We should have been hunting some Kitna the moment he stepped on the field. We played it safe on D and it bit us in the ass.

But as BAD as this lost feels, Im actually optimistic about this team. The D had its moments when our safties weren't having brain farts. Alex looked good, despite missing his top 2 WR for most of the game and the O-Line failing at times. A couple of more games, and I see us doing some really big things. I see us putting it all together after the Eagles game and stringing together some good football. I was expecting to get blown out and instead we right there in the end. Just ashame the secondary lets them get the win in overtime.

Ness
09-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Let's not try and justify what Harbaugh did. It was a dumb decision plain and simple. In that scenario you don't think about botched snaps or false starts or whatever, you think about running out the clock and getting another chance to score. You play to WIN the game.

As for the future I really don't know what to think of this team. We have coaches that apparently have loads of experience, but they aren't making common sense decisions during crucial parts of the game. That's very unsettling.

binary
09-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Let's not try and justify what Harbaugh did. It was a dumb decision plain and simple. In that scenario you don't think about botched snaps or false starts or whatever, you think about running out the clock and getting another chance to score. You play to WIN the game.

As for the future I really don't know what to think of this team. We have coaches that apparently have loads of experience, but they aren't making common sense decisions during crucial parts of the game. That's very unsettling.

It was a 15 yard penalty, and they could've run down more of the clock..it was pathetic.

hawkeye123
09-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Am i the only one noticing the complete lack of a run game? The O-Line never gets any push. It's awesome to see all those 1st round picks are paying off.

VAfy-ya
09-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Its only a dumb decision because we lost. If we hang on and win, nobody is even talking about it. Its second game of the year, you act like we just lost the Super Bowl. If he's going to make a questionable call, I'd rather it be now. Harbaugh will learn from the loss just like the team will.

binary
09-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Its only a dumb decision because we lost. If we hang on and win, nobody is even talking about it. Its second game of the year, you act like we just lost the Super Bowl. If he's going to make a questionable call, I'd rather it be now. Harbaugh will learn from the loss just like the team will.

UHHH, I guarantee plenty of people would still be talking about it, because it was a direct slap in the face to the Offense. It made me feel crappy the moment it happened, mainly because Alex wasn't even playing bad ans he was very accurate. This guy is supposed to be an aggressive, offensive minded coach who signifies a change from the insufferable conservatism we've endured recently.

binary
09-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Am i the only one noticing the complete lack of a run game? The O-Line never gets any push. It's awesome to see all those 1st round picks are paying off.

Nope, it's overshadowed by the Alex obsession and the ball-less Harbaugh call, but I'm honestly getting tired of Gore. I never thought I'd be saying that, but I'm sick of seeing Gore, sick of it.

Brent
09-18-2011, 09:03 PM
if it wasnt for my alma mater being a top ten team, I'd probably stop caring about football.

phlysac
09-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Some sickening quotes via Barrows...

With 4:52 left in Sunday's game and the 49ers hanging onto a three-point lead, the Candlestick crowd erupted in a prolonged chant of, "De-fense! De-fense!" What was odd: The 49ers had the ball at the time. "I was very surprised," said 49ers safety Donte Whitner of the large number of Cowboys fans. "They had their own chants going. It was almost like a split house."

"That was amazing," Dallas tight end Jason Witten said. "Nine years playing in this organization, I don't know if I've ever been on a road game where the chants are so loud. ... That doesn't happen in this league very often. That was special. I think it helped the players with their mindset."

VAfy-ya
09-18-2011, 09:24 PM
UHHH, I guarantee plenty of people would still be talking about it, because it was a direct slap in the face to the Offense. It made me feel crappy the moment it happened, mainly because Alex wasn't even playing bad ans he was very accurate. This guy is supposed to be an aggressive, offensive minded coach who signifies a change from the insufferable conservatism we've endured recently.

It wasn't about Alex. I think it was mainly based on the Dallas D and the fact that they were starting rape the O-Line and Ware and Co. were constantly in the backfield. Alex had just escaped a near miss sack-fumble by Ware a few plays earlier. If this offense is futher along in its development, I think he takes the first down. I just dont think we're there yet and Harbaugh knows it so he took the points and was hoping our D could rattle a battered Romo. Maybe that's too much confidence in our D you could say but I don't know what everybody else sees with this offense, but I see a group that's still at the mercy of a good front 7. Like I said, I didnt like the call but understood that its hard take points off the board with our offense the way it is.

49ersfan_87
09-18-2011, 09:51 PM
That was a terrible decision by Harbaugh to not take the penalty. Worse case, you run it 3 times and take time off the clock and still score 3. Its not like we have some JV Kicker, Akers has been automatic. Considering we drove down to Dallas territory, we might have even scored a TD. Instead, we get more playing not to lose BS coaching. Where's the agressive offensive coach we were all expecting? We still have our best offensive weapon blocking and we still run Gore into a wall 20 times a game even if isnt working. I'm tired of this ****.

Ness
09-19-2011, 12:30 AM
No. I know hindsight is 20/20, but I still would have thought that was a stupid decision and we got lucky with the win. I can't see myself looking back and thinking that was a smart move. It didn't help the 49ers at all.

dan77733
09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
That was a terrible decision by Harbaugh to not take the penalty. Worse case, you run it 3 times and take time off the clock and still score 3. Its not like we have some JV Kicker, Akers has been automatic. Considering we drove down to Dallas territory, we might have even scored a TD. Instead, we get more playing not to lose BS coaching. Where's the agressive offensive coach we were all expecting? We still have our best offensive weapon blocking and we still run Gore into a wall 20 times a game even if isnt working. I'm tired of this ****.

^^^ This 100%.

VAfy-ya
09-19-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm through talking about "The Decision", whats done is done. Funny thing is if Madieu Williams makes the play he's supposed to make, we are 2-0 and nobody's complaining. I knew there would be a pass at some point where Romo would be a little reckless and we would have an opportunity to make a play and that was it. If your going to play the ball, be aggressive and GO GET THE BALL! Instead Williams takes a pedestrian angle to ball, running sideways and WAITS for the ball....UGHHHH! If he takes a hard angle and meets the ball at its highest point, that's a int. I believe if Goldson is FS there, that's a int and we're on our way to sealing a victory. Reggie Smith doesn't look 100% and it seems T. Brown is getting repeatedly picked on in consecutive games.....and for good reason. We need our starters in the secondary back in a hurry. And I want to see Culliver get some snaps in nickel at some point.

Ness
09-19-2011, 12:39 PM
We need Goldson and Spencer back. Brock seems like he's been doing alright.

phlysac
09-19-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm through talking about "The Decision", whats done is done. Funny thing is if Madieu Williams makes the play he's supposed to make, we are 2-0 and nobody's complaining. I knew there would be a pass at some point where Romo would be a little reckless and we would have an opportunity to make a play and that was it. If your going to play the ball, be aggressive and GO GET THE BALL! Instead Williams takes a pedestrian angle to ball, running sideways and WAITS for the ball....UGHHHH! If he takes a hard angle and meets the ball at its highest point, that's a int. I believe if Goldson is FS there, that's a int and we're on our way to sealing a victory. Reggie Smith doesn't look 100% and it seems T. Brown is getting repeatedly picked on in consecutive games.....and for good reason. We need our starters in the secondary back in a hurry. And I want to see Culliver get some snaps in nickel at some point.

Not an excuse but I have to wonder if Williams went for that ball so passively because he had the personal foul call from last week in his head. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

VAfy-ya
09-19-2011, 06:15 PM
He was going for the int, not a hit....i don't see how that could have been an issue in the slightest. Williams is a back-up but even a 2nd string can make that play more often than not. Just sucks that he couldn't make what was a basic read and take the proper angle to the ball.

Brent
09-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Not an excuse but I have to wonder if Williams went for that ball so passively because he had the personal foul call from last week in his head. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
pushing Austin out of bounds would not have incurred a fine, and if a fine is stopping you from playing, then you need to get off the field.

VAfy-ya
09-19-2011, 07:14 PM
But worst than actually losing the game, is the fact our secondary(and Fangio) let Romo play the hero. Now I have to hear the national media sing his praises all ****** week long, like he did the unthinkable with half a arm and his ribcage missing. Of all the teams......WHY......smh

YAYareaRB
09-19-2011, 11:43 PM
there was plays where a secondary (all four of those jokers) looked like they were running around with their heads cut off. it was ridiculous and rather hard to watch.

Ness
09-20-2011, 12:21 AM
But worst than actually losing the game, is the fact our secondary(and Fangio) let Romo play the hero. Now I have to hear the national media sing his praises all ****** week long, like he did the unthinkable with half a arm and his ribcage missing. Of all the teams......WHY......smh

I was listening to Matt Barrows on KNBR this morning. Or at least the podcast he happened to be on. He speculated that Harbaugh felt confident enough that his defense could have handled Romo so perhaps that is why he kept points on the board. Romo hadn't been having that productive of a day up to that point I guess and was pretty banged up.

Even if that is the approach Harbaugh wanted to take, I still don't see the logic in doing that. First and foremost, Romo and Kitna were torching the 49ers pass defense through the air. Romo had struggled a little bit, but receivers were still getting wide open. Even if Romo was banged up, I still wouldn't take my chances against a guy that is considered one of the better quarterbacks in the NFL. Maybe if it was someone like Jason Campbell or Derek Anderson, then sure. But not Romo. Sunday's comeback proved why he is a good quarterback. Harbaugh has a lot to learn.

Ness
09-20-2011, 12:22 AM

Williams is just not a good safety. It's as simple as that.

Madirishman
09-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Williams is just not a good safety. It's as simple as that.

The coaching staff must have really not liked what they saw in Taylor Mays to keep a bum like Williams on the team.