PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, Packers @ Panthers

cvv84
09-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Wow what happened to our secondary?

cvv84
09-18-2011, 12:21 PM
And it goes from a bad start to a worse start. Unreal.

ImBrotherCain
09-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Yea... Unreal.

cvv84
09-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Nice answer but we need to start getting pressure with our front 7 soon.

BloodBrother
09-18-2011, 01:38 PM
That was one of the worst half's of football this team has played in quite a while. Absolutely pitiful performance all around. The offense looks out of sync and Rodgers is off with his throws

and I'm really getting concerned about the pass D. They cannot cover TE's to save their life and guys are just wide freakin open. Same sh*t as last week. Definitely not a good trend

Burnett has looked terrible out there to. I'm livid right now. Ugly, ugly performance

cvv84
09-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Damn waisted opportunity after Woodson's 2nd INT. There goes that Calvin Johnson rule again!!

At least we got something but another 7 would've put even more pressure on Newton and could've led to some more turnovers.

cvv84
09-18-2011, 02:03 PM
and I'm really getting concerned about the pass D. They cannot cover TE's to save their life and guys are just wide freakin open. Same sh*t as last week. Definitely not a good trend

Burnett has looked terrible out there to. I'm livid right now. Ugly, ugly performance

Yeah thats exactally it, alot of you guys were on Shields but its our ENTIRE secondary. We need those guys to cover more and use the majority of our blitzing to our LBs.

I'm fine with Burnett taking his lumps too. He missed alot of football last year and he seems less timid this year, being alot more physical.

I think we'll be fine if can get pressure but so far our LBs look average...

cvv84
09-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Come on Packers, RUN THE BALL!!

cvv84
09-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Haha and there's Burnett with an INT. The secondary has played poorly but they've really stepped it up in the turnover department, making 4 huge plays.

BloodBrother
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
my god....offense just blowing it big time in the red zone. Thats gonna hurt them later in the game settling for freakin 3. Should ahve put this game away by now

and now Collins is hurt and being stretchered off the field. This game is a travesty

cvv84
09-18-2011, 02:36 PM
No pressure at all by the defense. NONE

cvv84
09-18-2011, 02:47 PM
WTF McCarthy can't you just ever call a normal run play?!?!

cvv84
09-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Hmm what did I say, quit blitzing the DBs so much...

cvv84
09-18-2011, 02:58 PM
THANK YOU Claymaker!

Burnett had a HUGE sack as well.

BloodBrother
09-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Ugly, ugly game but a win is a win. They are fortunate they forced so many turnovers

this Defense scares me. LACK of pressure and HORRIBLE coverage. RB's and TE's dominate over the middle uncovered with ease. Back to back weeks they've allowed over 400 yards passing to a QB.

they better get their **** together going forward

princefielder28
09-18-2011, 04:55 PM
we need to find someone opposite of Clay who can rush the passer! nothing new, just a reminder game-in and game-out

J-Mike88
09-18-2011, 05:35 PM
we need to find someone opposite of Clay who can rush the passer!
So'oto?

Ryan Pickett "sprained" his foot, which scares me because Harrell always had a sprain on gamenight, so did Ryan Grant, Brad Jones, Burnett's knee, etc.

I think Collins is okay. I actually thought I saw him turn his head after he got popped, to see if and where the carrier went down. Plus we saw him have movement of all his extremities.
Still, THAT PLAY was another example of a running back being TOTALLY UN****ING COVERED..... do we just not cover running backs?

Forte will catch 20 passes on us next week.

BloodBrother
09-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Collins sounds like he's fine but will be in the hospital overnight for precautionary reasons. He had movement in all his extremities and CT scan came back negative

he looks like he just had a stinger/jammed his head. Not out of the woods yet though as far as his availability for next week, but on the BRIGHT SIDE it doesn't sound like it will keep him out too long

Tramon was also close to playing today. They said if it was the Super Bowl or a playoff game he could have played, but this early in the season they didn't want to risk it. Sounds like he'll be good to go next week(thank god)

Point is, this team is 2-0 and they haven't really played their best ball yet. I'll take it, but the D has a lot of stuff they need to work on. Tackling is still poor and they look really lost in coverage. I trust Dom and Co. to correct this stuff

jsa230
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately didn't get to watch the entire game. Here are my thoughts from what I saw.

-Finley=beast . . . Overjoyed to have him back in the mix.

-Charles Woodson has not lost it, any of it.

-Burnett played better than last week, but the rest of the secondary was lackluster save Woodson. Any time a rookie throws for 400 yards, something is seriously wrong. Its almost like Capers held the d back . .idk

-Starks is looking pretty tough. He is a perfect fit for the zone run blocking. He runs with good power, above average elusiveness, and has suficient speed. The dude gets north and south in a hurry, this was a great game for him. Even if you take away the forty yard run his ypc was still 5+, very impressive. The o line looked good in the run blocking dept., Wells especially.

-Good to see Arod come from behind. It was not a pretty win, but it was a win. I love the way the ball is spread around. This wr corp was bulit for this.

-Props to Newton, I think everyone not a Panther homer had him severely underrated. I think he'll get his first w next week v. Jax. If he can stay healthy, he will get the ROTY(although I will be pulling for Cobb). It obviously doesn't hurt to be throwing to Steve Smith.

TimmG6376
09-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Whole team looked flat for most of this game.

Too many wide open TEs/RBs.

Not enough pressure. All they had to do was double Clay.

Seemed like missing Tramon forced Woodson into more of a coverage role instead of the roving slot-corner/blitzer that he is so good at.

Hard to follow the flow watching in a bar, but didn't notice much of the no huddle/hurry up offense

Still can't seem to get a first down in the 4th quarter to close out a game.

Fortunately we were able to get Cam to force some throws and take advantage.

cvv84
09-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Its almost like Capers held the d back . .idk

I don't think that at all. It seems like we know we aren't getting pressue with our front 7 so he send DBs which leaves the RBs and TEs open underneath.

BloodBrother
09-18-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, the guys opposite Clay just arent' getting it done and the DL isnt generating much of a rush. I'll be even more concerned if they can't generate a rush vs the freakin Bears OL next week

TimmG6376
09-18-2011, 09:35 PM
So'oto?

He looked like a guy that might be able to provide some rush at least situationally, but then he decided to prove his manhood in the weight room and ****ed up his back.

BloodBrother
09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
So'oto isnt going to be the savior to the pass rush this year. They need Neal back by midseason or find other ways to generate pressure

jsa230
09-19-2011, 12:36 AM
So'oto isnt going to be the savior to the pass rush this year. They need Neal back by midseason or find other ways to generate pressure

Man i miss Cullen Jenkins, he looked good tonight. We need neal back as bad as we need collins back. I hate injuries.

BloodBrother
09-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Bright side is the run D has been excellent. I hope the D just gets better as the season goes on. Thats what basically happened last year

I find it hard to believe this secondary is this bad when they have the same guys in there + Burnett back. They just need more games to get in sync. They DO need to generate more pass rush though. No secondary can be expected to cover guys forever