PDA

View Full Version : Wade vs. James

70challenger457
06-22-2006, 09:52 PM
I really don't follow basketball much but I've been hearing so much about Wade that I just want to hear from some of you basketball fans who do you think is better.

CGF 216/137
06-22-2006, 09:53 PM
james by far, although i think ivoted for wade by accident. :oops:

Moses
06-22-2006, 09:55 PM
That's a really tough question. I think James is more talented and has the potential to be better but at this point I have to go with Wade.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 09:56 PM
You really gotta ask?

LeBron is the most gifted player possible ever. But until I see him carry a team to a championship, I'm taking Wade.

Brodeur
06-22-2006, 09:57 PM
At this point and probably in the future, it's LeBron. Although both are severly favored by refs, LeBron is more of a prescence and makes people around him better. Wade doesn't do that very well. Plus, LeBron's supporting cast is/was much worse than Wade's this year.

ny10804
06-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Whenever (if needed) you can play all 5 positions, you know you're something special (see Magic Johnson).

DHVF
06-22-2006, 10:00 PM
That's a really tough question. I think James is more talented and has the potential to be better but at this point I have to go with Wade.Precisely. LeBron has all the talent to become the greatest player of all time and everything comes extremely easy to him, while Wade, who has a ton of talent, also possesses the kind of heart, eagerness and work ethic to carry him to astronomical things. Right now though, Wade's ability to take over not only a game, but an entire series is what seperates him from LeBron.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 10:01 PM
That's a really tough question. I think James is more talented and has the potential to be better but at this point I have to go with Wade.Precisely. LeBron has all the talent to become the greatest player of all time and everything comes extremely easy to him, while Wade, who has a ton of talent, also possesses the kind of heart, eagerness and work ethic to carry him to astronomical things. Right now though, Wade's ability to take over not only a game, but an entire series is what seperates him from LeBron.

Not only a series, the NBA Finals.

CGF 216/137
06-22-2006, 10:02 PM

If Lebron had Shaq you'd be saying the exact opposite. Not trashing Wade in the least but Wade has a tremendous set of players around him which highlight his hard work whereas in cleveland LeBron is ignored, less publicized, and you fail to see his infinite drive.

hyundridz
06-22-2006, 10:03 PM
if it were the nfl, wade is roethlisberger and james is carson palmer.

CGF 216/137
06-22-2006, 10:04 PM
if it were the nfl, wade is roethlisberger and james is carson palmer.

More like James is peyton manning, he's won some but hasn't been able to take his team all of the way.

DHVF
06-22-2006, 10:04 PM

If Lebron had Shaq you'd be saying the exact opposite. Not trashing Wade in the least but Wade has a tremendous set of players around him which highlight his hard work whereas in cleveland LeBron is ignored, less publicized, and you fail to see his infinite drive.Shaq really wasn't all that effective nor was the rest of Wade's supporting cast in that series.

Brodeur
06-22-2006, 10:05 PM

If Lebron had Shaq you'd be saying the exact opposite. Not trashing Wade in the least but Wade has a tremendous set of players around him which highlight his hard work whereas in cleveland LeBron is ignored, less publicized, and you fail to see his infinite drive.Shaq really wasn't all that effective nor was the rest of Wade's supporting cast in that series.

Shaq is still the same prescence. There's a reason Wade wasn't double teamed much. If it was Cleveland, LeBron would be double teamed every second.

CGF 216/137
06-22-2006, 10:06 PM

But they were there as a threat. It is similar to Ronaldinho's effect on the brazilian team, he still hasn't scored but he let's his team mates get much more room to play, thus the affect of Wade's supporting cast on him. Now I'd love to have either on the Knicks but I still would take James over Wade without even a second thought.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 10:07 PM
Well Wade was getting most of the attention, and he did get by 4 people in game 5.

06-22-2006, 10:37 PM
You really gotta ask?

LeBron is the most gifted player possible ever. But until I see him carry a team to a championship, I'm taking Wade.

It helps when you have Shaq, Zo', Walker, Payton, and White Chocolate compared to Z', Hughes, and Snow.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 10:41 PM
You know what else helps? Putting up 35 ppg.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, the Heat pretty much own the Cavs at every position but SF, and potentially PF, Gooden's alright. I think James is a better player. Don't forget, he also came up huge in the playoffs. Just his team wasn't even semi-competent. He had what, 11 field goals in game 7 against DET? The rest of his team had 9. He carried the Cavs more than Wade carried the Heat. At least Wade had help.

Nerv
06-22-2006, 10:43 PM
LeBron James. Substitute LeBron for Wade on the Heat and theyre a better team.

06-22-2006, 10:43 PM
You know what else helps? Putting up 35 ppg.

Lebron owned the Pistons as did Shaq for the most part not Wade.

Pistons > Mavs

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 10:45 PM

A better team that wouldn't have won the NBA finals.

familyguy555
06-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Dwyane Wade

CGF 216/137
06-22-2006, 10:47 PM

That doesn't make sense.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-22-2006, 10:48 PM

Yeah, because LeBron has never willed a team that would be lucky to win 30 games without him to 7 games against the best team in the regular season. He basically made the Cavs. They're a joke without him right now. It's stupid to say they wouldn't have won with him. LeBron James is a better player than D-Wade. He's just as good a scorer, a better passer, better vision, bigger, stronger, better rebounder, more versatile, less selfish, and has the potential to be a better defender, but he's not far from Wade in that category either. He also has a similar drive to win, it's just a shame his whole team is a gang of scrubs.

Nerv
06-22-2006, 10:48 PM

They would have won it in less games. LeBron gets even more calls than Wade and he is a Cavalier, not to mention bigger, stronger, more range, better rebounder, better scorer, better passer. So... ya.

We had this exact same poll before the playoffs and Wade got dominated in it, LeBron had a great playoffs as well but didnt have the supporting cast to go all the way. Bandwagon voters.

frogstomp
06-22-2006, 10:49 PM
No offense, but this shouldn't even be a question.

Lebron is a much better player than Wade.

06-22-2006, 10:49 PM

It helps when Josh Howard misses clutch free throws and blows a ten point lead. Dallas should have won in five actually.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 10:53 PM
LeBron is not as dominant when he needs to be as Wade is. Wade had 40 and 10 in game 3. He completely dominated this series. LeBron is all of those things IN THE REGULAR SEASON. Wade was darn near perfect in game 3-6, except his shooting % in game 6. I said it in another thread, the regular season in the first 3 quarters I'm taking LeBron, 4th quarter and the playoffs I'm taking Wade.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 10:55 PM

It helps when Josh Howard misses clutch free throws and blows a ten point lead. Dallas should have won in five actually.

Should have, but guess what Miami DID win in 6.

Nerv
06-22-2006, 10:56 PM
LeBron is not as dominant when he needs to be as Wade is. Wade had 40 and 10 in game 3. He completely dominated this series. LeBron is all of those things IN THE REGULAR SEASON. Wade was darn near perfect in game 3-6, except his shooting % in game 6. I said it in another thread, the regular season in the first 3 quarters I'm taking LeBron, 4th quarter and the playoffs I'm taking Wade.

LeBron put up better numbers in the playoffs than he did in the regular season and was also clutch. You might as well just sign your post as homer.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 10:58 PM

LeBron put up better numbers in the playoffs than he did in the regular season and was also clutch. You might as well just sign your post as homer.

Homer and NBA champs :wink: .

Nerv
06-22-2006, 11:01 PM

Homer and NBA champs :wink: .

Why would you sign your post as NBA champs, you didnt win anything :D

yodabear
06-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I voted Wade cuz I am a biased piece of ****.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 11:06 PM
I voted Wade cuz I am a biased piece of ***********.

DHVF
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
I voted Wade cuz I am a biased piece of ***********.And because Dallas would've been able to find a way to stop LeBron, unlike they were able to do with Wade. In that series, the Mavs knew the ball was gonna go to Wade and they did everything they could to stop him and yet weren't successful.

Nelo Ice
06-22-2006, 11:12 PM
lebron james

yodabear
06-22-2006, 11:13 PM
I voted Wade cuz I am a biased piece of ***********.And because Dallas would've been able to find a way to stop LeBron, unlike they were able to do with Wade. In that series, the Mavs knew the ball was gonna go to Wade and they did everything they could to stop him and yet weren't successful.

Exactly.

Scotty D
06-22-2006, 11:23 PM

The Mavericks faced the Cav's two times during the regular season. In those games Lebron James.

3/14 he had 36 points in a loss.

3/29 he had 46 points in a win.

Its hard to speculate about a team defending a player, but these stats shoud help.

DHVF
06-22-2006, 11:26 PM

The Mavericks faced the Cav's two times during the regular season. In those games Lebron James.

Its hard to speculate about a team defending a player, but these stats shoud help.Those are single regular season games. The Mavs couldn't figure out how to stop Wade in a 6 game series.

Scotty D
06-22-2006, 11:28 PM

Its hard to speculate about a team defending a player, but these stats shoud help.Those are single regular season games. The Mavs couldn't figure out how to stop Wade in a 6 game series.

I wasn't even talking about Wade. I was talking about people assuming that Dallas would find a way to defend Lebron James.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 11:29 PM
I think it's funny how this will be an argument for the next 10 years.

CGF 216/137
06-22-2006, 11:31 PM
I think it's funny how this will be an argument for the next 10 years.

No it won't. By next year it'll be if Wade and lebron became a single fusion player of the two, could that player hold up to Nate Robinson? :wink:

DHVF
06-22-2006, 11:31 PM
I think it's funny how this will be an argument for the next 10 years.David Stern better hope so.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 11:32 PM
LeBron should sign with Miami after next season :shock:

CGF 216/137
06-22-2006, 11:33 PM
LeBron should sign with NYK after next season :shock:

That way we'd have Curry - Fry - Lebron - Wade - Paul as our starting lineup. :twisted:

Brodeur
06-22-2006, 11:35 PM
I think it's funny how this will be an argument for the next 10 years.David Stern better hope so.

He's making sure of it.

Despite the fact that people don't realize it, the most clutch player from the '03 draft is Carmelo Anthony(he's made more game winners than anyone in the last 2 years), not Dwayne Wade or LeBron. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Nelo Ice
06-22-2006, 11:36 PM
id like to see wade hit game winning shots...and no fts dont count.....
also wade is just too one dimensional atm
he needs to learn how to play good D and shoot the 3 better and he just developed his jump shot

DHVF
06-22-2006, 11:37 PM

He's making sure of it.

Despite the fact that people don't realize it, the most clutch player from the '03 draft is Carmelo Anthony(he's made more game winners than anyone in the last 2 years), not Dwayne Wade or LeBron. Just thought I'd throw that out there.It's not all about game winners my friend. Wade is able to control almost all facets of the game in the fourth quarter and definitely wins most clutch in my mind.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 11:38 PM
id like to see wade hit game winning shots...and no fts dont count.....

HAHAHAHAHA, thats great. Are you serious, you think Wade hasn't made a good amount of game winning shots.

My favorite was the one against the Knicks last season. That was sick.

Brodeur
06-22-2006, 11:42 PM

He's making sure of it.

Despite the fact that people don't realize it, the most clutch player from the '03 draft is Carmelo Anthony(he's made more game winners than anyone in the last 2 years), not Dwayne Wade or LeBron. Just thought I'd throw that out there.It's not all about game winners my friend. Wade is able to control almost all facets of the game in the fourth quarter and definitely wins most clutch in my mind.

I actually read back up and Carmelo is far ahead for this year. This year, in the final 24 seconds(when the game is tied or down by 1 or 2), Carmelo was 11-17. Wade was 6-17. Those don't include playoffs, but still. 'Melo also had more game winning FT attempts. Carmelo can take over a game in the fourth quarter and even though he is pretty much always double teamed, he manages to come through.

draftguru151
06-22-2006, 11:44 PM
I think the fact that no one sees Carmelo plays hurt him. Honestly I saw maybe 5 Nuggets games this year.

cunningham06
06-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I like Melo because I like Syracuse but the four teams that I watch the closest are 1st the cavs because Lebron is amazing, #2 the rockets bc I live in Houston #3 the Heat because I like Dwayne and Alonzo is a freak shot blocker #4 the Nuggets mainly because watching earl boykins play is so awesome, he represents for short people everywhere.

Shiver
06-23-2006, 12:50 AM
The only players in NBA history to average 31, 7 and 6 in a season.

Oscar Robinson
Jerry West
Michael Jordan
LeBron James*

* In his third year, at only 21 years old

Championships are a poor way of judging a player, Wade had a far superior roster. Contrast;

O'Neal
Haslem
Zo
Walker
Williams
Payton
Posey

with:

Ilgauskas
Gooden
Varejao
Snow
Jones
Marshall
Hughes (injured all year)

Yeah, Wade willed his team to the championship, unlike LeBron. After all, Miami's motto was "1 Strong." :roll: