PDA

View Full Version : Report: Charles out for year

T-RICH49
09-18-2011, 04:59 PM
@AdamSchefter

Jamaal Charles will undergo an MRI on Monday to confirm his torn ACL, but diagnosis does'nt look good

first Moeaki, then Berry and now Jamaalzzz?here we come Andrew Luck

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I think the Colts and Seahawks might give you a run for your money. Do the Chiefs really miss Weiss that much? Its amazing how inept they have been so far.

Splat
09-18-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the Colts and Seahawks might give you a run for your money. Do the Chiefs really miss Weiss that much? Its amazing how inept they have been so far.

Yes yes they do.

BeerBaron
09-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Well, look at it this way. Next year, you'll have ANDREW LUCKZZZZZZ at QB with Berry and Charles returning healthy. Championship!

And like with Berry, at least it happened early in the year. If this were like December, there would be some question if he you'd get him back for next year or not. Now, he should have enough time to recover.

Leon Sandcastle
09-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Pioli lucks into Tom Brady and now Andrew Luck.

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Starting to look eerily similar to what the Packers were dealing with last year.

Starting S. Check.
Starting MLB. Check.
Starting TE. Check.
Starting RB. Check

hawkeye123
09-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Well my fantasy team is ******.

DoughBoy
09-18-2011, 05:07 PM
ACL injuries for speed guys are scary. I hope he can come back and be the same player though.

Leon Sandcastle
09-18-2011, 05:07 PM
Seriously though Andrew Luck, Jamaal Charles, Dexter McCluster, Dwayne Bowe, Jonathan Baldwin, Steve Breaston, Tony Moeki.

UGH!

Thecollegedropout
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Seriously though Andrew Luck, Jamaal Charles, Dexter McCluster, Dwayne Bowe, Jonathan Baldwin, Steve Breaston, Tony Moeki.

UGH!
As long as it keeps Andrew Luck away from hooking up with Brandon Marshall for years to come, all is right in the world.

J-Mike88
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Jordan Shipley looks like his season is over as well.
Caught a little flare pass and when he turned and ran, immediately the Broncos DB came in for a free blind "tackle", but DBs being who they are today, he didn't "tackle" him, instead launched into the front of Shipleys leg.

Probably a broken leg there, or worse.
DBs these days are p*ssies.

BeerBaron
09-18-2011, 05:10 PM
And don't forget they have Tamba and some decent corners and will be getting Berry back.

Splat
09-18-2011, 05:12 PM
I know it's not just the Chiefs. Players are dropping like flies all over the league.

Caulibflower
09-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Jordan Shipley looks like his season is over as well.
Caught a little flare pass and when he turned and ran, immediately the Broncos DB came in for a free blind "tackle", but DBs being who they are today, he didn't "tackle" him, instead launched into the front of Shipleys leg.

Probably a broken leg there, or worse.
DBs these days are p*ssies.

This should be a play that gets fined, not touching a QBs head. Wide receivers are exposed to waaaaay more brutal hits that quarterbacks, especially when they have to turn and run.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
09-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Mark Carmen, a local radio guy, started it, splat posted it 1st and i'm ripping it off cause it is SO TRUE! 2011 Kansas City Chiefs SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

BeerBaron
09-18-2011, 05:14 PM
I know it's not just the Chiefs. Players are dropping like flies all over the league.

I blame this in part on the lockout. Guys aren't as in shape as they otherwise would have been with a full offseason of workouts, and, perhaps more importantly, defenders seem lazier. There has been so much poor tackling this year so far. Guys are just diving at legs lunging at the ball carrier with their shoulders.

vidae
09-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Starting RB. Check

I said this last week:

Siler wasn't going to start over Belcher, but he might have been able to take over that spot, so I'll call the point valid.

Who is next? Oh ****, Ryan Grant! No.. not Jamaal Charles! Take Thomas Jones instead! He's technically listed as the #1!

**** me sideways.

Breed
09-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Did Flowers really limit Calvin to 3 catches - 30 yards or was Stafford just not looking his direction?

J-Mike88
09-18-2011, 05:19 PM
PackerNation knows how it is, but to the stars is un-recoverable.
This is why I am in favor of anything the league does that tries to prevent some injuries. I want the players to play, not get killed. I want the stars out there, not the backups.
We want to see Romo out there, not Kitna.
This should be a play that gets fined, not touching a QBs head. Wide receivers are exposed to waaaaay more brutal hits that quarterbacks, especially when they have to turn and run.
Exactly.
I wrote to the league office about 6 years ago about Roy Williams' wicked horse collars... then he got a big fine and they've cracked down on that reckless tackle.
They penalize players for tapping a QBs helmet, and for going low on them (which I agree with 100%).
But they need to protect the runners as well.

I still think (wonder) making these animals who think they're so tough with the rock hard helmets go back to leather helmets will get them to chillout and stop launching their heads into runners and piles.

cvv84
09-18-2011, 05:20 PM
I know it sucks to lose such young and talented guys but if there's a positive to be found its that at least these injuries are coming early in the season. Gives them time to fully recover and hopefully be ready for the start of next season.

nepg
09-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Did Flowers really limit Calvin to 3 catches - 30 yards or was Stafford just not looking his direction?
Flowers is ******* good. He's a Top 5 CB. Also, the Chiefs defense overall played well.

On the Weis question, it's not so much Weis as it is any kind of intelligence in the design of the offense. They just line-up and expect their ****** receivers to beat the coverage. Never happens except when Bowe does it. Mostly is just Cassel having to fit the ball into tighter windows than he should have to in a competently designed offense.

BigBanger
09-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Yeah, he also gave up 2 TD catches to an injured Calvin Johnson.

King Carls 5 Year Plan
09-18-2011, 07:27 PM
On the Weis question, it's not so much Weis as it is any kind of intelligence in the design of the offense. They just line-up and expect their ****** receivers to beat the coverage. Never happens except when Bowe does it. Mostly is just Cassel having to fit the ball into tighter windows than he should have to in a competently designed offense.

blame Haley for that. he's an offensive wizard and yet can't get along with the 1 guy that did well for him. Haley has to take over as the play caller now. this **** has gotta stop. 10 points in 2 weeks! that's outrageous.

Vox Populi
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM
blame Haley for that. he's an offensive wizard and yet can't get along with the 1 guy that did well for him. Haley has to take over as the play caller now. this **** has gotta stop. 10 points in 2 weeks! that's outrageous.

He also fired the guy who put up 41 points on them in week one and has a no-name offense putting up 78 points in two games so far.

TonyGfortheTD
09-18-2011, 08:24 PM
I had a feeling Jamaal Charles was next, damn. :(

They've lost their best players on each side of the ball back to back weeks, and a promising TE the week before. They may have enough talent right now to scrape together a few wins, but I doubt the injury bug ends here.

Word is Tamba Hali is already seriously banged up.

KCStud
09-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, he also gave up 2 TD catches to an injured Calvin Johnson.

And 1 to Scheffler. He got burnt 3 times today.

Stash
09-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Man, that sucks. It's gotta be rough after waiting through all the lockout stuff in the offseason and the anticipation of a new season just to have it all be essentially over after week 2. Big time bummer.

Saints-Tigers
09-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Charles is what I wanted Bush to be for us :( great player, hate to see him go down.

Lot of great young talent on that team, love watching them, so sad to see all this.

bantx
09-19-2011, 12:51 AM
I was actually big fan of Charles Hookem :c

Splat
09-19-2011, 09:19 AM
And 1 to Scheffler. He got burnt 3 times today.

The Scheffler play wasn't Flowers fault. Jon McGraw let him go free and Flowers tried to save him but got there late.

And a 6'5 WR beating a 5'9 CB is to be expected.

BeerBaron
09-19-2011, 09:24 AM
The Scheffler play wasn't Flowers fault. Jon McGraw let him go free and Flowers tried to save him but got there late.

And a 6'5 WR beating a 5'9 CB is to be expected.

We're only a few weeks away from trying to cover him with 5'8 Tim Jennings...fml.

prock
09-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I think Ray Rice is going to put up more yards than him this year.

BeerBaron
09-19-2011, 10:02 AM

Low, low blow. Funny, but low.

vidae
09-19-2011, 10:04 AM
All that matters is that I was right last year and APS had to eat dirt!

Giantsfan1080
09-19-2011, 10:06 AM

Excellent. Wish I thought of typing that out myself.

vidae
09-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Why so much Charles hate! :(

Giantsfan1080
09-19-2011, 10:22 AM
Why so much Charles hate! :(

For me it's just Ray Rice love.

vidae
09-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Ok, you get a pass because you're my USA show buddy!

Giantsfan1080
09-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Ok, you get a pass because you're my USA show buddy!

Yes!!! I did feel bad for Charles though and the Lions mascot.

BeerBaron
09-19-2011, 10:31 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/19/in-kansas-city-blame-goes-all-the-way-to-the-top/

Does Todd Haley survive the season as head coach?

vidae
09-19-2011, 10:49 AM
I posted in the Chiefs forum that if we play as poorly next week as we have the last two weeks then I don't expect him to last until the bye.

But Silver reports that Pioli could hire Josh McDaniels as the HC and I think that would be the biggest mistake in Chiefs franchise history. After watching what he did in Denver I never thought anyone would trust him to run a team again.

It's about to go from bad to worse in KC I think. Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh.

BeerBaron
09-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Well....at least McD would FINALLY have Matt Cassel...