PDA

View Full Version : Hot Seat!

monson
09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
So, who is in the most trouble?

Del Rio has completely failed. He now has a rookie QB.
Sparano is 2 games behind the bills. (Parcells' performance went down with every team after the Giants)
Hayley has underperformed.

Who else? lewis?

phlysac
09-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Harbaugh's not on the hot seat but he's going to catch a TON of heat for taking a FG instead of a 15yd penalty that would've made it 1st and 10 at the 23 yard line.

Da-Phins
09-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Pats 2-0
Jets 2-0
Bills 2-0

Dolphins 0-2

Yep, nice knowing you Sparano. Go fist pump somewhere else.

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Is it to early for Carroll to be on the hot seat? He looks pretty bad letting Matt Hasselback walk. I don't get how he believes Tavaris Jackson is a starting NFL QB.

monson
09-18-2011, 07:03 PM
it is too early to fire Carroll. Not his fault that the hawks have no QB. Hasselback is injury prone and not very good. He should have drafted Mallett.

vidae
09-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Haley has to be on the hot seat after the last two weeks, so I agree with you there!

Ness
09-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Harbaugh's not on the hot seat but he's going to catch a TON of heat for taking a FG instead of a 15yd penalty that would've made it 1st and 10 at the 23 yard line.

So that is what that was about. I was at the bar and couldn't hear. Wow that is incredibly stupid. Maybe worst than than Mike Nolan decision against the Rams in 2006.

MetSox17
09-18-2011, 07:10 PM
If Harbaugh would have taken the penalty they would have eaten clock and at the very worst, they would have had to kick a shorter FG. I didn't understand that reasoning AT ALL.

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 07:11 PM
it is too early to fire Carroll. Not his fault that the hawks have no QB. Hasselback is injury prone and not very good. He should have drafted Mallett.

Hass looked good today, Seattle let him walk, he is better than Jackson. It is entirely his fault that the Seahawks do not have a good QB, he put all his faith into Tavaris Jackson. I do think it is probably to early for Carroll to be on the hot seat. I just think they will end up winning the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes.

Ness
09-18-2011, 07:14 PM
If Harbaugh would have taken the penalty they would have eaten clock and at the very worst, they would have had to kick a shorter FG. I didn't understand that reasoning AT ALL.

I can't wait for him to explain hiself on the radio next week. I wonder what excuse he's going to pull out of his ass and try to run with it while sounding like what he did was the right decision.

Raiderz4Life
09-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Hass looked good today, Seattle let him walk, he is better than Jackson. It is entirely his fault that the Seahawks do not have a good QB, he put all his faith into Tavaris Jackson. I do think it is probably to early for Carroll to be on the hot seat. I just think they will end up winning the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes.

I think the Jackson deal was a strategic move to get a top-tier QB prospect in this upcoming draft. Carroll I see through your game.

Thecollegedropout
09-18-2011, 07:16 PM
If Dallas did not find a way to win today, Garrett would have been in legit trouble, especially with Jeff Fisher always looming in the horizon.

diesel
09-18-2011, 07:28 PM
I can't wait for him to explain hiself on the radio next week. I wonder what excuse he's going to pull out of his ass and try to run with it while sounding like what he did was the right decision.

He'll probably say I'll take the two score lead and not risk turning it over and them(us) tieing it.

Brent
09-18-2011, 07:30 PM
He'll probably say I'll take the two score lead and not risk turning it over and them(us) tieing it.
which basically tells your offense: "you suck, despite the plays you're running are from my playbook; I hope that's clear enough for you"

phlysac
09-18-2011, 07:37 PM
The sad thing being, the times the offense has worked has been the VERY FEW times that a pass of greater than 15yds was called.

falloutboy14
09-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Jim Caldwell may be in trouble if he can't put a respectable product on the field. He's already got several late-game blunders on his resume & with Peyton not running the team for him, I imagine he'll be exposed.

tjsunstein
09-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Tony Sparano won't make it through the year.

FuzzyGopher
09-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Sparano barely kept his job in the offseason I can't see how he lasts through the year.

cvv84
09-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Tony Sparano: I donít have any answers (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/18/tony-sparano-i-dont-have-any-answers/)

^^ That pretty much sums it up. When your head coach just says "I don't have any answers" thats exactally the type of guy you want running your team. At least say we need to play better defense or protect the ball better or something, but to come up with nothing but we need to do a better job? Come on...

cmarq83
09-18-2011, 08:49 PM
I'd like to throw Norv Turner's name out there as well. They're 1-1 and haven't looked particularly good in either game. With all that talent they have it's a joke that they start every year slowly, lose in the first game of the playoffs, and make a ton of mental errors like they did today. They're a good team, but he's a bad coach, and he's holding them back.

M.O.T.H.
09-18-2011, 09:24 PM
If Dallas did not find a way to win today, Garrett would have been in legit trouble, especially with Jeff Fisher always looming in the horizon.

With the personnel moves we made this off-season...Garrett is as safe as safe gets. Jerry loves him, and 100% believes he's Sean Payton all over again if he lets him go.

Garrett is still finding ways to piss me off with some of his playcalling decisions, though.

jrdrylie
09-18-2011, 09:36 PM
Sparano barely kept his job in the offseason I can't see how he lasts through the year.

If they lose at Cleveland next week, he is gone by the bye week because they will be 0-4 (unless they pull of a miracle win at San Diego.

CJSchneider
09-18-2011, 09:37 PM
My money is on Sparano being the first to get the boot.

killxswitch
09-19-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't know if Caldwell is on the hot seat, because the inner workings of the Colts org are not comprised of rational beings. But he should be. Really the whole front office should be. No excuse for this team being as bad as it is.

diabsoule
09-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Haley and Sparano are on the two hottest seats in my book

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
09-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Who's got the hilarious Todd Haley gif avi? Its soooo funny and I want to see it now!

nepg
09-19-2011, 03:59 PM
I really don't see what the issue is. There was way too much time on the clock to start thinking about running it down. There was 11 minutes left. If they take the penalty, run 3 plays and have to kick it again, they ran it down to 9 minutes? Also, the chance that you miss the field goal... You're not forcing the Cowboys to play any differently with that. Take the points, let the Cowboys run the clock down trying to score, then run the clock down with at least a one score lead when you get the ball back. Harbaugh's move was the right one.

phlysac
09-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Harbaugh's move was the right one.

When was the last time coach made that move, then?

M.O.T.H.
09-19-2011, 07:21 PM
When was the last time coach made that move, then?

I really dont know what you're getting at. Because, coaches take the points all the time. The old adage says to take the points. And a lot of coaches hate taking points off the board. Within the flow of the game, there was nothing wrong with the call. Romo looked hopeless, on his first drive back, he didnt give any hint of being able to lead Dallas to a come back win. I honestly didnt even know if he was coming back in again, after that return to the game, he was in real bad shape. He could barely drop back, and that first drive resulted in a punt. Harbaugh's defense had already accounted for two interceptions, would have a two score lead with 10 minutes remaining, and an incredibly banged up Qb on the opposite end. The odds, were still stacked in the Niners favor, for sure. This is easy for you to say in hindsight, but at the time, there was absolutely nothing wrong with that call.

Matthew Jones
09-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Haley, Sparano, Del Rio, and Lewis should be gone by the end of the year.

phlysac
09-19-2011, 08:12 PM
I really dont know what you're getting at. Because, coaches take the points all the time. The old adage says to take the points. And a lot of coaches hate taking points off the board. Within the flow of the game, there was nothing wrong with the call. Romo looked hopeless, on his first drive back, he didnt give any hint of being able to lead Dallas to a come back win. I honestly didnt even know if he was coming back in again, after that return to the game, he was in real bad shape. He could barely drop back, and that first drive resulted in a punt. Harbaugh's defense had already accounted for two interceptions, would have a two score lead with 10 minutes remaining, and an incredibly banged up Qb on the opposite end. The odds, were still stacked in the Niners favor, for sure. This is easy for you to say in hindsight, but at the time, there was absolutely nothing wrong with that call.

I'm not hating on the call. I'm just looking for examples. I don't recall a single instance of a team declining a 15 yard penalty to keep a FG. You say it happens "all the time." Shouldn't be hard to show me a recent example, then.

I agree that the fallout is a hindsight situation. The call didn't cost the team the game.