PDA

View Full Version : It's 4th quarter, and the game is on the line.....

Breed
09-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Which QB would you prefer under center? In other words who is the most clutch QB in the 4th?

descendency
09-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Cam Newton.

Breed
09-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Cam Newton.

Can't believe i forgot all about Canton Newton.

Breed
09-19-2011, 12:54 PM
It would be nice, if people gave explanations on their choices...

Bulldogs
09-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I think Matt Stafford proved his name deserves a mention after that Cleveland comeback.

V.I.P
09-19-2011, 01:00 PM
It would be nice, if people gave explanations on their choices...

In 2 games this yr, Josh Freeman is 26-37 for 260 yards in the 4th Q with 2 TDs and no INTs. Passer rating: 107.9 ... Just sayin'

Splat
09-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Tom Brady just winz gamez.

prock
09-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Donovan McNabb.

nepg
09-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Donovan McNabb.
For winning the game, not losing.

tjsunstein
09-19-2011, 01:10 PM
In 2 games this yr, Josh Freeman is 26-37 for 260 yards in the 4th Q with 2 TDs and no INTs. Passer rating: 107.9 ... Just sayin'
Aaron Rodgers: 7/7, 130 Yards, 1 TD, 158.3

Giantsfan1080
09-19-2011, 01:11 PM
I'll keep Eli for this one. One of the best parts of his game.

tjsunstein
09-19-2011, 01:12 PM
I could have easily sided with everyone else and went with Tom Brady. But call me a homer, because I went with Rodgers. I have no doubt that when the game is on the line, Rodgers will deliver.

Bulldogs
09-19-2011, 01:17 PM
We haven't really had a chance to see much of Matt Stafford in the 4th quarter this season, but again I think he's up there. Check the Cleveland Browns comeback for proof.

Matt Ryan in the 4th quarter this year.

15/23 for 170 yds and a TD. 101.7 QB Rating. Led a great comeback against the tough Philadelphia secondary.

killxswitch
09-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Peyton doesn't really belong in this poll considering the circumstances. In his prime, yeah, I'd take him, but when you start introducing the time machine the whole conversation becomes pointless.

As of right now it'd be hard to pick against Brady. He has tons of time to throw and has looked great delivering the ball.

Granted, you didn't say "which QB and OL and coaching staff would you pick". So if the circumstances were different and the QB was running for his life I probably wouldn't pick Brady. I'd probably go Rogers, Roethlisberger, or Freeman there.

RaiderNation
09-19-2011, 01:21 PM
If you didn't go Brady or Manning then your nuts. Rodgers should be considered as well but I want just another full season before I'd really put trust in him

A Perfect Score
09-19-2011, 01:29 PM
There is no single person I'd rather have on my team in the clutch then Tom Brady.

killxswitch
09-19-2011, 01:35 PM
There is no single person I'd rather have on my team in the clutch then Tom Brady.

Meh. He's obviously a great QB but I think his supposed "clutchness" has been overblown. His strength is getting out early and overpowering defenses. Kind of like Manning used to do in the early 00's.

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Tom Brady
Big Ben
Eli
Aaron Rodgers
Mike Vick

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 01:41 PM
If you didn't go Brady or Manning then your nuts. Rodgers should be considered as well but I want just another full season before I'd really put trust in him

Peyton's out clutched by a couple QBs other than Brady, and I love Big Brother.

MetSox17
09-19-2011, 01:43 PM
lolelimanning.

Give me any one of Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees or Roethlisberger. Dude may rape women, but no one has annoyed me the most in the playoffs recently more than he has.

V.I.P
09-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Aaron Rodgers: 7/7, 130 Yards, 1 TD, 158.3

****, those numbers are nuts.

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 01:51 PM
lolelimanning.

Give me any one of Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees or Roethlisberger. Dude may rape women, but no one has annoyed me the most in the playoffs recently more than he has.

The guy just delivers when the moments are the most important. My theory is that it's just being free of Killdrive's playcalling and offense that sets Eli loose in the hurry up, which is another reason why I hate that fat mustached **** so much.

bigbluedefense
09-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Tom Brady.

Then based on this list, Ben Roethlisberger would be my next choice. Eli Manning really needs to be on this list. His game has obvious flaws, but the guy is money in the clutch.

I'd probably only choose Brady and maaaybe Ben over Eli in a game winning situation.

killxswitch
09-19-2011, 01:55 PM
Peyton's out clutched by a couple QBs other than Brady, and I love Big Brother.

PM has 35 4th Q comebacks and 46 game-winning drives in his career. Or are you placing vague importance on certain post-season wins?

I would argue Manning has a more recent post-season 4th Q comeback win than Brady. It was actually against the Pats in the 06 AFC Champ game. Brady didn't look so clutch in that game. Or in the 07 SB. Or throwing 3 INTs in the WC Round in 09. Or '10 where he lost his 3rd straight playoff game to the division rival Jets.

bigbluedefense
09-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Please. For the love of God. Let's not turn this into another Brady vs Manning debate.

Raiderz4Life
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Jason Campbell. Yes.

killxswitch
09-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Please. For the love of God. Let's not turn this into another Brady vs Manning debate.

Fair enough. I'm just saying that even apart from Manning, I think Brady's supposedly clutchness is overrated. He gets rattled under pressure (as in actual pass rush pressure, not "in the crucial moment" pressure).

Breed
09-19-2011, 02:01 PM
Peyton manning > Tom Brady

all day!

FUNBUNCHER
09-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Roethlisberger. All day everyday.

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 02:02 PM
PM has 35 4th Q comebacks and 46 game-winning drives in his career. Or are you placing vague importance on certain post-season wins?

I would argue Manning has a more recent post-season 4th Q comeback win than Brady. It was actually against the Pats in the 06 AFC Champ game. Brady didn't look so clutch in that game. Or in the 07 SB. Or throwing 3 INTs in the WC Round in 09. Or '10 where he lost his 3rd straight playoff game to the division rival Jets.

I'm not saying Peyton Manning is a terrible QB when the game's on the line or anything. Just like Romo he makes plenty of game winning plays, just that from watching them play I never get the feeling the Peyton elevates his level of play for the big moments the way Brady, Big Ben and Little Brother do. Let me put it this way, when I've got money on the giants/pats/steelers to win and they need a late game game winning drive I'm much less freaked out than when in the same situation and it's the Colts/Cowboys/Chargers/Ravens that I'm hoping pull it off.

Bulldogs
09-19-2011, 02:03 PM
My clutch ranking.

1. Tom Brady
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Matt Stafford
5. Peyton Manning
6. Matt Ryan
7. Eli Manning
8. Michael Vick
9. Josh Freeman
10. Philip Rivers

Raiderz4Life
09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
My clutch ranking.

1. Tom Brady
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Matt Stafford
5. Peyton Manning
6. Matt Ryan
7. Eli Manning
8. Michael Vick
9. Josh Freeman
10. Philip Rivers

Think Stafford and Ryan should be bumped down a bit and Eli bumped up.

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Fair enough. I'm just saying that even apart from Manning, I think Brady's supposedly clutchness is overrated. He gets rattled under pressure (as in actual pass rush pressure, not "in the crucial moment" pressure).

That's a fair point. But he's so good at handling the "crucial moment" pressure and evades so much physical pressure to minimize the issue of him getting rattled through a game that it balances it out well enough that he's still #1 in my book, although I'd agree both Eli and Big Ben handle "bodies in their face" pressure better.

Breed
09-19-2011, 02:07 PM
My clutch ranking.

1. Tom Brady
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Matt Stafford
5. Peyton Manning
6. Matt Ryan
7. Eli Manning
8. Michael Vick
9. Josh Freeman
10. Philip Rivers
Stafford over Manning? Where is a facepalm image when you need it?

Nevermind, i see your sig, you're a GA homer....

Stafford will be an elite QB, but right now he isn't top 10 when it comes to Cluth-ness

killxswitch
09-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't know how I got drawn into a "clutch" discussion. There's no winning for anyone because there's no standard of measurement. Every QB on the list has both excelled and failed under pressure. Levels of importance for this or that game will differ from person to person.

Change my vote to Jamarcus Russell. He never let the pressure of being the 1st pick in the draft change him.

cmarq83
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
My clutch ranking.

1. Tom Brady
2. Ben Roethlisberger
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Matt Stafford
5. Peyton Manning
6. Matt Ryan
7. Eli Manning
8. Michael Vick
9. Josh Freeman
10. Philip Rivers

Having Stafford and Vick before Freeman doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Having Stafford and Vick before Freeman doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Vick's got a thicker resume of clutchness than Freeman going all of the back to his Atlanta days. Freeman on the otherhand still has yet to play in a playoff game. As for recent regular season heroics Vick's got his fair share of incredible to.

MetSox17
09-19-2011, 02:14 PM
So long as it isn't against the Jets, give me Romo! :D

cmarq83
09-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Vick's got a thicker resume of clutchness than Freeman going all of the back to his Atlanta days. Freeman on the otherhand still has yet to play in a playoff game. As for recent regular season heroics Vick's got his fair share of incredible to.

Not really Vick has 10 career 4th quarter comebacks in 81 starts while Freeman has 8 in 27 starts. As far as the playoffs go Vick is 2-3 with 2 good victories, but 2 games with a qb rating below 60 and last year when he had a pick late in the game with the opportunity to go ahead.

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Not really Vick has 10 career 4th quarter comebacks in 81 starts while Freeman has 8 in 27 starts. As far as the playoffs go Vick is 2-3 with 2 good victories, but 2 games with a qb rating below 60 and last year when he had a pick late in the game with the opportunity to go ahead.

So we're in agreement then?

cmarq83
09-19-2011, 02:32 PM
No Vick had been relatively unclutch throughout his career while Freeman has been spectacular. Literally whenever the Bucs are within striking distance late in games Freeman ends up striking. Just because somebody has been in the league longer doesn't mean they're more clutch.

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 02:36 PM
No Vick had been relatively unclutch throughout his career while Freeman has been spectacular. Literally whenever the Bucs are within striking distance late in games Freeman ends up striking. Just because somebody has been in the league longer doesn't mean they're more clutch.

I didn't say that Vick was more clutch than Freeman, in fact before I edited my post to omit him, Freeman came in ahead of Vick on my list. What I said was that Vick was more proven as a pretty clutch player than Freeman, noting his playoff wins, to answer your question about why someone might have him ahead of Freeman.

As to your point the problem is Freeman's doing it in regular season games, once he takes his team to the playoffs we can start to genuinely assess how clutch he really is.

bucfan12
09-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Tony Romo anyone?

soybean
09-19-2011, 02:37 PM

he's the opposite of Lebron James.

Breed
09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Freeman 8 comebacks are impressive. At that pace he might be the greatest comeback master.

Vick is better till Freeman proves it in the playoffs

bucfan12
09-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Freeman 8 comebacks are impressive. At that pace he might be the greatest comeback master.

Vick is better till Freeman proves it in the playoffs

Ehh, kind of agree. Vick's been around longer, but Vick hasn't proven much in the playoffs, although he's been therre.

It is eye popping to see how great Freeman plays in the 4th qtr. But, the problem with the Bucs is , Greg Olsen doesn't let him sling it in the 1st half for some reason and is too conservative, resulting in these situations.

MetSox17
09-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Didn't Josh Freeman choke against the Falcons down the stretch last year?

cmarq83
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
I didn't say that Vick was more clutch than Freeman, in fact before I edited my post to omit him, Freeman came in ahead of Vick on my list. What I said was that Vick was more proven as a pretty clutch player than Freeman, noting his playoff wins, to answer your question about why someone might have him ahead of Freeman.

As to your point the problem is Freeman's doing it in regular season games, once he takes his team to the playoffs we can start to genuinely assess how clutch he really is.

fair enough

Breed
09-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Didn't Josh Freeman choke against the Falcons down the stretch last year?

qaYROqGdCTQ

lol @ the Josh Freeman tackle.

MetSox17
09-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Eh, he stared his guy down and threw behind him. The hit was nice though.

Raiderz4Life
09-19-2011, 03:01 PM
hahaha Freeman actually got called for unnecessary roughness...nice.

bucfan12
09-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Eh, he stared his guy down and threw behind him. The hit was nice though.

He made a great break on the ball. I don't think it was a bad pass at all, just a great play.

If you're going to talk about the time Freeman "choked" against Atlanta, why not say the time Brady choked against Indy in the 2007 AFC Championship against Indy, or when Big Ben choked last year, or when Peyton Manning choked?

Not everyone does this time and time again, but the FACT Josh Freemans brought his team back in the 4th quarter several times, accumulating 8 victories (there were games where his defense didn't hold), and did it in 27 starts, is pretty amazing.

Who I'd want in the 4th quarter:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Ben Roethlisbuerger
4. Peyton Manning
5. Drew Brees
6. Phillip Rivers
7. Josh Freeman
8. Mike Vick
9. Matt Ryan
10. Matt Stafford

FUNBUNCHER
09-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Should Freeman really be on this list??
I didn't know he'd developed a clutch reputation in 2 years.

MetSox17
09-19-2011, 03:10 PM
He made a great break on the ball. I don't think it was a bad pass at all, just a great play.

If you're going to talk about the time Freeman "choked" against Atlanta, why not say the time Brady choked against Indy in the 2007 AFC Championship against Indy, or when Big Ben choked last year, or when Peyton Manning choked?

Not everyone does this time and time again, but the FACT Josh Freemans brought his team back in the 4th quarter several times, accumulating 8 victories (there were games where his defense didn't hold), and did it in 27 starts, is pretty amazing.

Who I'd want in the 4th quarter:

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Ben Roethlisbuerger
4. Peyton Manning
5. Drew Brees
6. Phillip Rivers
7. Josh Freeman
8. Mike Vick
9. Matt Ryan
10. Matt Stafford

Of course you would think that, you're gonna defend Freeman till your death. It was behind his WR, he had to extend backwards and he stared down his guy which is why Grimes was able to make a break on the ball before it was even thrown. The only athletic part about it was when he was rolling around and he kept control.

If we're basing this off 4th qtr comebacks, Tony Romo has at least 11. Not to count the ones where our kicker or defense ****** us later. And not a single person has him on their list. But they have Stafford, who has never even played a full season and just had that one game against the Browns to make his reputation, lol.

Breed
09-19-2011, 03:17 PM
If we're basing this off 4th qtr comebacks, Tony Romo has at least 11. Not to count the ones where our kicker or defense ****** us later. And not a single person has him on their list. But they have Stafford, who has never even played a full season and just had that one game against the Browns to make his reputation, lol.

this made me laugh haha

Watchman
09-19-2011, 03:19 PM
As a Buc fan I'm really hyped about Freeman, but he doesn't belong on this list. Guys like Freeman, Stafford, Bradford all need more time, more games under their belt, played in the playoffs, etc.

As far as the poll goes I voted for Brady. After Brady I'd go with Big Ben.

bucfan12
09-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Of course you would think that, you're gonna defend Freeman till your death. It was behind his WR, he had to extend backwards and he stared down his guy which is why Grimes was able to make a break on the ball before it was even thrown. The only athletic part about it was when he was rolling around and he kept control.

Yea I understand what your saying. It was a great play. Could the decision have been better? Definately, but the defense and special teams that game blew a 10 point 4th qtr lead, but it's over and done with.

If you're going to base Freeman's clutch play in the 4th qtr by "choking" against the Falcons, that's BS. If you watched him in all of his 2nd half comebacks, especially in the 4th qtr, he is lights out and makes plays. Reminds me a bit of John Elway/Warren Moon.

I have to agree about Stafford, but he's proving he's on his way. Look at the playmakers he's got on offense. Calvin Johnson is a guy even Alex Smith can't overthrow.

I know I'd call it homerism, but I would take Freeman over Romo any day. Romo chokes more times than he brings his team back. I mean, yea, even some of the greats like Tom Brady, who's known as clutch, hasn't been unable to win games in the final minutes of the ball game.

tjsunstein
09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Not really sure why so many people are rating Stafford so highly. Did I miss some really big regular season Lions game? Like with the playoffs on the line? In the playoffs? The one really impressive one was the Browns. But how big of a game was that really? I don't know if that's really enough for me. Stafford gave himself and the team an identity there, as fighters and himself as a leader but how clutch was that game for their season?

yo123
09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Before we found out exactly how much the Colts suck without Manning I would have said it's between Rodgers and Brady. Now it's any of those three I think. If I absolutely had to rank them I'd say

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Manning

but I wouldn't argue with any of those guys at #1.

Breed
09-19-2011, 03:32 PM
I knew Brady would be in the lead, but is he really that much better than Rodgers, and Peyton in the 4th ???

Watchman
09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
I knew Brady would be in the lead, but is he really that much better than Rodgers, and Peyton in the 4th ???

According to this poll, yes he is.

tjsunstein
09-19-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm very relieved that Vick has not one vote.

someone447
09-19-2011, 03:47 PM

All it takes is a bunch of people to think Brady is a little better in the clutch. I voted for Brady, but I think Rodgers, Peyton, and Roethlisberger all have legitimate arguments. Brady is just a little better in the clutch.

descendency
09-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Serious Post: This is Tom Brady or ARod. The rest of the names only get votes because homers exist. I'm leaning towards ARod, because I am kind of afraid I am biased for Brady. Quite frankly, either will torch you and then laugh about it after the game is over.

Edit: I see tons of Big Ben support... I'll pass on him.

Rosebud
09-19-2011, 03:52 PM
As a Buc fan I'm really hyped about Freeman, but he doesn't belong on this list. Guys like Freeman, Stafford, Bradford all need more time, more games under their belt, played in the playoffs, etc.

I'm with this guy.

Well since I think Big Ben and Eli are better than Rodgers and Peyton but not Brady I'd say yes.

OSUGiants17
09-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I'll keep Eli for this one. One of the best parts of his game.

http://ntaboo.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/truth.png?w=440&h=240&crop=1
Atts Tha Truth, Truth!

Timbathia
09-19-2011, 03:54 PM
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
82. Orton

Watchman
09-19-2011, 04:04 PM
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
82. Orton

Who's #81?

bucfan12
09-19-2011, 04:51 PM

I agree he doesn't belong in the top 5, but honestly, if you're going to rank 10 QBs, I'd say he belongs in the top 10. I watch his play in these situations and he's down right brilliant in the 4th quarter at 23 years old.

Saints-Tigers
09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I havent seen Brees do anything other than dominate when the game is on the line, I can't see a reasonable argument for why anyone is CLEARLY better. Dude's post season numbers are nearly flawless.

J-Mike88
09-19-2011, 05:15 PM
I chose Rodgers as a homer, but Roethlisberger has done it best IMO.

If it's playoffs, I want Rodgers.
Brady's playoff record is piss-poor since 2004/05. They usually blow teams out in the regular season.

Manning is clutch in the regular season.
So is Brees.
I thought Brees got throttled in the NFCCG in Chicago.
Losing at Seattle last year hurts.

Playoffs are a whole different can-o-worms.
Rodgers choked in OT of his one playoff loss.
Big Ben choked on the Super Bowl final drive.
Rivers has the clutch gene.

Good poll..... there's no clear right answer.

soybean
09-19-2011, 05:24 PM
I think Roethlisberger's touchdown drive against the cards should give him an automatic bid for first place as of right now.

He came up big in the biggest moment, on the biggest stage.

TACKLE
09-19-2011, 05:30 PM
As much as I dislike Ben, he'd have to be my pick.

Bengalsrocket
09-19-2011, 05:31 PM
I voted Peyton Manning. It doesn't matter the situation, if I had to have a QB on my team it would be Peyton Manning.

Punisher
09-19-2011, 05:36 PM
I tried being a homer in this one like everyone else but dang is it hard putting Kyle Orton into this discussion.

I guess I can put Tebow into discussion though. A 4th quarter group huddle prayer for the win!

descendency
09-19-2011, 06:13 PM
Who's #81?

Peyton Manning, right now.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-19-2011, 07:58 PM
I know the Giants fans have to rep their boy, and "clutch" probably is Eli's best trait, but you can't seriously tell me you'd take him over some of the people on this list.

Rosebud
09-20-2011, 01:22 AM
I know the Giants fans have to rep their boy, and "clutch" probably is Eli's best trait, but you can't seriously tell me you'd take him over some of the people on this list.

I take Eli over Vick, Freeman and Rivers pretty easily. The stuff he's pulled off when unleashed of Killdrive's offense has been magic.

V.I.P
09-20-2011, 02:03 AM
So Freeman is in 4th place?

;)

yodabear
09-20-2011, 02:11 AM
http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Tom-Brady-waterslide.jpg

What can I say? Its a sexy picture and may one day maybe my walpaper if it isn't already. And I like water slides. #WINNING!

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-20-2011, 02:08 PM
I tried being a homer in this one like everyone else but dang is it hard putting Kyle Orton into this discussion.

O RLY?

azxvDnYKgHI&feature=fvwrel

Clutchest week 1 play ever.

A Perfect Score
09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kyle-orton-dancing.jpg

Kyle Orton > Your QB. It's true.

jrdrylie
09-20-2011, 02:34 PM
http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/matt-stafford-01.jpg

Matt Stafford begs to differ.

Complex
09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
I chose Rodgers as a homer, but Roethlisberger has done it best IMO.

If it's playoffs, I want Rodgers.
Brady's playoff record is piss-poor since 2004/05. They usually blow teams out in the regular season.

Manning is clutch in the regular season.
So is Brees.
I thought Brees got throttled in the NFCCG in Chicago.
Losing at Seattle last year hurts.

Playoffs are a whole different can-o-worms.
Rodgers choked in OT of his one playoff loss.
Big Ben choked on the Super Bowl final drive.
Rivers has the clutch gene.

Good poll..... there's no clear right answer.

Big Ben also chocked in the 1st superbowl he won.

http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/matt-stafford-01.jpg

Matt Stafford begs to differ.

The girl in the white has flat ass.

Brodeur
09-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Against Detroit's prevent defense and Minnesota's cupcake secondary. So tough.

Complex
09-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Mark Sanchez > all

http://www.zootpatrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/jenny1.jpg
http://www.plunderguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/hilary-rhoda-18.jpg
http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Mark-Sanchezs-Girlfriend-Jamie-Lynn-Sigler.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23/randy88moss/l_9dce465ce124024725a45bc9026fd299.jpg

He had a couple meh GFs but he is doing okay.
http://showbizrenegade.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/eliza-kruger-photo.jpg

jrdrylie
09-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Mark Sanchez broke up with Jamie Lynn Sigler to date a 17 year old. That is about as unclutch as you can get.

Complex
09-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Peyton in the regular season and Tom Brady in the post season for now.So I will go with Phillip Rivers.

MetSox17
09-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Romo wins. And with a punctured lung, too!!
http://www.gossipcenter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/story_header/photos/tony-romo-candice-leave-dc.jpg

http://www.gossipcenter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/fullsize_image/images/t/tony-candice-050210-2.jpg

http://www.gossipcenter.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/fullsize_image/images/t/tony-candice-050210-1.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/162521/TONY-ROMO-CANDICE-CRAWFORD.jpg

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/162522/TONY-ROMO-CANDICE-CRAWFORD.jpg

Giantsfan1080
09-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Romo played manhunt at his bachelor party. That's a loss if I've ever seen one.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Mark Sanchez broke up with Jamie Lynn Sigler to date a 17 year old. That is about as unclutch as you can get.

Sounds like a winning move to me.

Brodeur
09-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Tony Romo seems like a good dude, strippers are overrated.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Brady and AR I'd take, along with Eli and Big Ben. He proved it on the biggest stage, as did brady that game. When he had time to drive they drove the length and scored with Moss.

Big Ben showed it as well on the biggest stage, so I'd add him to that.

Job Reborn
09-20-2011, 03:40 PM

Yeah. Why so old?

yodabear
09-20-2011, 03:54 PM
http://photos.posh24.com/p/936765/z/heidi_klum/gisele_bundchen.jpg

http://weeklydrop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/tom-brady-married-gisele-bundchen.jpg

Brady=winning.

jrdrylie
09-20-2011, 03:57 PM
YodaPoop's Post = Game Over

Brodeur
09-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Wow, that first picture of Gisele Bundchen is really unflattering in the face.

Raiderz4Life
09-20-2011, 04:15 PM

yea it rly is. =S

V.I.P
09-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Against Detroit's prevent defense and Minnesota's cupcake secondary. So tough.

You beat the Bucs, and the Chiefs so you 2-0 record mean absolutely nothing !

bigbluedefense
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Can someone please explain to me how Matt Stafford is on anyone's list?

What are we basing that off of? The 3 games he's played in his career?

San Diego Chicken
09-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I would take the same QB that I've had for the first three quarters of the game.

Nobody gets magically better in the clutch, clutch is a buzz-word/function of how good you are to begin with.

bigbluedefense
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
I would take the same QB that I've had for the first three quarters of the game.

Nobody gets magically better in the clutch, clutch is a buzz-word/function of how good you are to begin with.

I don't agree with that. Some people buckle under pressure. You can't tell me there is an equal amount of pressure on the first play of the game vs 4th and goal with 5 seconds left.

You can't take human emotion out of sports. The "moment" may not be something that we can weigh, but it exists.

San Diego Chicken
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM
I don't agree with that. Some people buckle under pressure. You can't tell me there is an equal amount of pressure on the first play of the game vs 4th and goal with 5 seconds left.

You can't take human emotion out of sports. The "moment" may not be something that we can weigh, but it exists.

Which of those QB's on the list provided would you say "buckles" under pressure? None of them really do on a consistent basis. Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't. To reach the level of quality NFL starter you have to be able to deal with pressure regardless. A player that constantly folds in the 4th quarter will not make it very far as an NFL starter.

shinzo123
09-20-2011, 05:29 PM
To be fair, Mark Sanchez is pretty f'ing clutch. Guy can't do **** in the first second or third quarter, but he is money in the 4th quarter.

"In 8 of his 32 career games he has lead either a 4th Quarter comeback or the game winning drive."

J-Mike88
09-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Peyton in the regular season and Tom Brady in the post season for now.So I will go with Phillip Rivers.
2004 and earlier, or now?
Last I checked, his playoff work the past 6-7 seasons is worse than Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco.

San Diego Chicken
09-20-2011, 05:40 PM
To be fair, Mark Sanchez is pretty f'ing clutch. Guy can't do **** in the first second or third quarter, but he is money in the 4th quarter.

"In 8 of his 32 career games he has lead either a 4th Quarter comeback or the game winning drive."

This stat is kind of bunk to me. Nothing against Mark Sanchez, but alone that doesn't make one clutch or un-clutch. What you can say about Mark Sanchez is that the NFL stage isn't too big for him and he isn't scared to fail in big moments and big games. Which is an overlooked quality I think one must have to play the positon at the NFL level.

J-Mike88
09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Agreed: I strongly feel she's WAAAAY overrated.
On that note, have we seen Drew Brees wife?
I can't recall what she looks like.

tjsunstein
09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I wish Favre was still in the league so I could make that joke.
Just kidding, I take that back.

MetSox17
09-20-2011, 06:28 PM

Loss was the horse that Eli Manning married.

jrdrylie
09-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Agreed: I strongly feel she's WAAAAY overrated.
On that note, have we seen Drew Brees wife?
I can't recall what she looks like.

http://ballerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Drew-Brees-Wife-Brittany-brees1.jpg

Giantsfan1080
09-20-2011, 06:32 PM

It's not like Eli's much of a looker.

FUNBUNCHER
09-20-2011, 06:32 PM
LOL!!

You guys sound like a bunch of queens crabbing about who's piece looks the best.

jrdrylie
09-20-2011, 06:49 PM

http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/eli-mannings-wife-02.jpg

I certainly wouldn't call Eli's wife a horse. I think she is more attractive than Mark Sanchez's jail bait.

FUNBUNCHER
09-20-2011, 06:57 PM
If you choose a wife based exclusively on her looks, you made a bad choice.

Saints-Tigers
09-20-2011, 07:00 PM
People talk about clutch in their QB when all other arguments fail really.

Raiderz4Life
09-20-2011, 07:10 PM

*sigh*

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/wrestlerj91/facepalm_medium.jpg

Brodeur
09-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Oh yeah, can someone please mention...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9fCJn70vNUk/R5-Cef-q-LI/AAAAAAAAAGI/jAuErMemDWA/s320/rexbrero.jpg

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2011, 07:23 PM

I'd rather be Kris Humphries, than Lamar Odom.

Caddy
09-20-2011, 07:38 PM
8/14 career wins coming in the fourth quarter. Nice start.

Raiderz4Life
09-20-2011, 07:39 PM
I'd rather be Kris Humphries, than Lamar Odom.

Idk...i've always had a bit of a soft spot for khloe idk why.

jrdrylie
09-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh yeah, can someone please mention...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9fCJn70vNUk/R5-Cef-q-LI/AAAAAAAAAGI/jAuErMemDWA/s320/rexbrero.jpg

You mean this guy?

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/nowwatchmejock.jpg

MetSox17
09-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Idk...i've always had a bit of a soft spot for khloe idk why.

Maybe as a child you always wanted to own a pony?

Raiderz4Life
09-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Maybe as a child you always wanted to own a pony?

That could possibly be it lol

FUNBUNCHER
09-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Ha! I prefer Khloe too.
If she wasn't randomly famous, I doubt people would diss her like they do.

Mr. Goosemahn
09-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Your wife's not much of a looker, is she?

FUNBUNCHER
09-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Naw, not married.
But IMO your WIFE should be more than a pretty-up doll for you to jizz on and fix your sandwiches.

I doubt one of these QBs cares what anyone thinks about the 'looks' of their wives or side pieces.

Raiderz4Life
09-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Naw, not married.
But IMO your WIFE should be more than a pretty-up doll for you to jizz on and fix your sandwiches.

I doubt one of these QBs cares what anyone thinks about the 'looks' of their wives or side pieces.

Yep yep. Agree 100%

Also needs to be good in the sack, clean, and know her role haha

fenikz
09-20-2011, 08:31 PM
well they got road whores for all of that

Breed
09-20-2011, 08:51 PM
I can't find any pictures of my qB with a hot chick. im a sad panda

jrdrylie
09-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I can't find any pictures of my qB with a hot chick. im a sad panda

Oh come on. I know you would get down with this *****.

http://egyptsaidso.com/files/2010/06/Michael-Vick.jpg

Complex
09-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Brady=winning.

Overrated TBH but he also had Bridgette Moynahan so he did well for himself.

Complex
09-20-2011, 09:37 PM
2004 and earlier, or now?
Last I checked, his playoff work the past 6-7 seasons is worse than Mark Sanchez and Joe Flacco.

Joe Flacco doesn't count he basically did nothing in every playoff besides like 1. Before anyone says anything about Mark Sanchez has played well in just about every playoff game.

I just said Brady because I can't think of anyone that has been clutch in the playoffs besides ELi in the superbowl, Peyton against the Pats in the AFC championship, and that is it.

Rosebud
09-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Eli was clutch the whole way to the superbowl and has given us a chance to win most of our playoff losses.

Byrd430
09-20-2011, 10:30 PM
No love for Romo?! What's wrong with you people?!!! J/k, although I do think the criticism he gets is a little undeserved and with Sunday's win, I believe he has engineered 21 game-winning drives in his career, now. (Am I right?)

Seriously, Tom Brady is first, followed by Peyton, and then Roethlisberger. Rodgers will challenge for Big Ben's spot in the next year.

Saints-Tigers
09-21-2011, 12:09 AM
What's the knock on Brees again? Because Brees ran **** in the superbowl run, and his big blemish last year was 404 yards on 65% completion, 4 TDs, no picks, and 36 points scored.

Breed
09-21-2011, 12:37 AM
What's the knock on Brees again? Because Brees ran **** in the superbowl run, and his big blemish last year was 404 yards on 65% completion, 4 TDs, no picks, and 36 points scored.

I'm really shocked by Brees, and Vick combing only for 2 votes..

Saints-Tigers
09-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Brees has like 1 game on his total playoff resume that isn't stellar, and it's still good, 354 yards, 2 tds, 1 pick, 55% completion in terrible weather.

That's his worse playoff game, his clutch numbers are tremendous. I know for a fact his playoff per game averages **** on Brady's, and I bet his fourth quarter numbers stack up with anyone.

yodabear
09-21-2011, 01:04 AM

Well apparently according to the last couple pages, the knock on him is that he is not married to a super model or is not a man *****. So thats it.

MetSox17
09-21-2011, 03:33 AM
Well apparently according to the last couple pages, the knock on him is that he is not married to a super model or is not a man *****. So thats it.

Once Cherokee Sam finds himself a fine piece to trophy around, his clutch rating will improve by 15 points. Just be patient.

Also, i listed Brees as one of the guys i'd be okay with, along with Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger and Rodgers. You really can't make a wrong decision with any of those guys, and i'd me more than happy to have them lead my 2 minute offense.

Ness
09-21-2011, 04:21 AM
Tom Brady. The guy is a machine. Shut up Teddy.

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 07:10 AM
If you're shocked by Vick only getting one vote, explain to me why more people should be picking him over Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Manning, and Brees? Because I can't find any reason.

Vick is tremendously overrated.

Job Reborn
09-21-2011, 07:21 AM
If you're shocked by Vick only getting one vote, explain to me why more people should be picking him over Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Manning, and Brees? Because I can't find any reason.

Vick is tremendously overrated.

He had three good games to start the season last year. He's clearly the best, clutchest QB in the league.

jrdrylie
09-21-2011, 08:12 AM

Here is why Vick should not get votes. He has never taken his teams to back-to-back playoffs. He's never won a Super Bowl. He's just 2-3 in the playoffs with very average numbers. What shocks me is that he even has one vote. But then again, you probably voted for him, so it's not really that shocking after all.

d34ng3l021
09-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Matt Ryan.

the_legend_killer
09-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Brett Favre.

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
This poll should have been between 4 or 5 names and then an 'Other' option.

Breed
09-21-2011, 12:44 PM
That Packers fan named TJ doesn't like me...

Saints-Tigers
09-21-2011, 12:46 PM
I wouldn't be mad if I had Ben, but I wouldn't even have him in the discussion with Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers if I had to pick somebody.

jrdrylie
09-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Rhar Packers fan named TJ doesn't like me...

I'm pretty sure it's not just him.

Rosebud
09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't be mad if I had Ben, but I wouldn't even have him in the discussion with Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers if I had to pick somebody.

I hate having a tarded-raper as my teams QB, but if I couldn't pick Eli, Brady, Brees or Rodgers I'd love to have Big Ben running my team during the big moment in the big game. I'd very likely take him over the later two as well, although I don't think you can go wrong with any of those 5.

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 01:53 PM
That Packers fan named TJ doesn't like me...
Contribute something other than Eaglez are da bestest. But, I'll continue to call you, and anyone else, out on something I disagree with. That is why we're here right? Discussion?

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 01:55 PM
By 'pretty sure', you mean '1000% sure'?

And to keep this discussion on track, what make Brady that much more valuable in a late game situation than the others? I get that it could have gone to any of 3 or 4 other guys but 30 more votes than the next highest vote getter is a huge margin.

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 01:57 PM

I'm pretty sure I agree with you

mau5
09-21-2011, 01:59 PM
I hate having a tarded-raper as my teams QB, but if I couldn't pick Eli, Brady, Brees or Rodgers I'd love to have Big Ben running my team during the big moment in the big game. I'd very likely take him over the later two as well, although I don't think you can go wrong with any of those 5.

Wait.....What the ****?

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Wait.....What the ****?

Have you like...missed his career or the first pages of this thread??

V.I.P
09-21-2011, 02:14 PM
what make Brady that much more valuable in a late game situation than the others? I get that it could have gone to any of 3 or 4 other guys but 30 more votes than the next highest vote getter is a huge margin.

Brady 48 to Freeman 5 ??

What's wrong with these people?

Breed
09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Contribute something other than Eaglez are da bestest. But, I'll continue to call you, and anyone else, out on something I disagree with. That is why we're here right? Discussion?

I think we got started on the wrong foot, my apologies bro. I didn't mean to diss the cheese heads.

jrdrylie
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Brady 48 to Freeman 5 ??

Brady has more Super Bowl rings than Freeman has seasons of NFL experience. That is what is wrong with those people.

yo123
09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Brady 48 to Freeman 5 ??

Nothing, why should it be close? Freeman having even one vote is weird, and I like Freeman.

Breed
09-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

V.I.P
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

Pretty sure you're correct!

yo123
09-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Well **** me I guess.

Breed
09-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Well **** me I guess.

In your anus? Aggressive, or do you want me to make love to you?

prock
09-21-2011, 02:43 PM
The homoeroticness on this site is often uncomfortable.

Breed
09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
The homoeroticness on this site is often uncomfortable.

Dude, he gave me confirmation...
Well **** me I guess.

Rosebud
09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Have you like...missed his career or the first pages of this thread??

Thanks babe for saying what I was going to. Eli throws a lot of passes, many of which are for routes his receivers aren't running, many of those get picked, but if there's one thing that's just as true about Eli is that he beasts when he's freed from Killdrive's offense in the 2-minute drill/hurry up.

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks babe for saying what I was going to. Eli throws a lot of passes, many of which are for routes his receivers aren't running, many of those get picked, but if there's one thing that's just as true about Eli is that he beasts when he's freed from Killdrive's offense in the 2-minute drill/hurry up.

-__- thought we talked about calling me that already lol

bucfan12
09-21-2011, 05:58 PM
So Rosebud, Eli throws a ton of passes to which his WRs are running the wrong routes. Hmm, it looks to me that most of his WRs have been in this offense for a couple years now. I don''t think you can blame his bone-headed mistakes on them. Just admit it, Eli gets too much love for that 1 post-season play, where his defense was truly the MVP of the SUper Bowl not him. If I remember correctly, on that game winning drive he led them on, his second pass he threw right into the hands of Assante Samuel, only he made a boneheaded play and dropped an easy INT.

Eli gets way too much love because he's a Manning. He's no where near at the level of his brother. He clearly is the 3rd best QB from his draft class as the other 2 QBs are miles ahead of him. Sure, Phillip Rivers doesn't have a ring, but neither did Dan Marino.

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 06:01 PM
So Rosebud, Eli throws a ton of passes to which his WRs are running the wrong routes. Hmm, it looks to me that most of his WRs have been in this offense for a couple years now. I don''t think you can blame his bone-headed mistakes on them. Just admit it, Eli gets too much love for that 1 post-season play, where his defense was truly the MVP of the SUper Bowl not him. If I remember correctly, on that game winning drive he led them on, his second pass he threw right into the hands of Assante Samuel, only he made a boneheaded play and dropped an easy INT.

Eli gets way too much love because he's a Manning. He's no where near at the level of his brother. He clearly is the 3rd best QB from his draft class as the other 2 QBs are miles ahead of him. Sure, Phillip Rivers doesn't have a ring, but neither did Dan Marino.

Funny coming from a Freesus bucs fan lol Eli may get a little undeserved love..but I've seen play enough to see that he's pretty good in the clutch, not even a Manning fan, I can't stand him or his fat-headed big brother.

MetSox17
09-21-2011, 06:19 PM

To be fair, a lot of your posts consist mostly of regurgitated media drabble. You really shouldn't be calling other people out on the shallowness of their posts

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 06:23 PM
To be fair, a lot of your posts consist mostly of regurgitated media drabble. You really shouldn't be calling other people out on the shallowness of their posts
Regurgitated media drabble? Care to elaborate?

J-Mike88
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Brees has been pretty clutch, but simply losing to Seattle this January hurts a lot as it's a "what have you done for me lately" thing..... and that's the most lately part that mattered.

I also remember him seeming to lose ugly to Chicago in the playoffs a few years back.

Still, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I don't know what makes Brady so "clutch" lately. He lights it up like nobody else. He's dominating like nobody else. Last regular season, and this one. Nobody else is close. Regular season.

Hasn't Mark Sanchez won more playoff games than Brady has since 2009?
Not sure on these facts, but to the best of my knowledge, it's accurate.

Nobody makes all the game-winning shots, or passes, but I have to admit Big Ben has pulled out the best last-second wins that I can recall among any of these guys, my guy included without question.
That's why I was shocked he failed on that last drive in XLV.

RufusMcDaniel
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Brees has been pretty clutch, but simply losing to Seattle this January hurts a lot as it's a "what have you done for me lately" thing..... and that's the most lately part that mattered.

I also remember him seeming to lose ugly to Chicago in the playoffs a few years back.

I'm actually the one who chose Brees....but I can't put that Seattle loss on him. 400 yards, no Ints....the guy did what he could. I mean, sure he probably should have tackled Lynch on his big run, QBs can't take plays off!

Rosebud
09-21-2011, 08:48 PM

Cruz is an UDFA who missed his rookie year. Devin Thomas is in his first full year with the team. Jernigan is a rookie. Barden is still injured. Mario Manningham is functionally r*tarded. Hakeem Nicks is good but even he still miss reads a few plays a year. Hixon is out for the season and not that good. Steve Smith is an Eagle.

So exactly which WRs have been "in this offense for a couple of years now" other than Nicks and Special Mario? Speaking of "this offense" do you even know what that means? I mean why it's brought up as an issue? Do you know anything about the level of complexity to Killdrive's choice routes, which just so happen to be a part of every passing play?

As for Eli's great play to end the superbowl, he was phenomenal that entire playoff run, running game winning or tying drives in both of the previous games leading up to that Superbowl. You also can't ignore just how much better he plays when in the hurry up then when running the regular offense, even if you are an Eli hater. There's a reason why the giants went to the playoffs for all those years in a row and Eli's ability to run a 2minute drill as well as any QB in the NFL was a huge part of that. Plus the kid just doesn't get rattled by pressure, by injuries, by getting hit, by big games, by team-mates ******* up, Eli just goes out there with that goofy look on his face and gives the giants a chance to win every close ball game he's been a part of.

As for that draft class I wouldn't give up Eli for any of them. Swap Killdrive and Norv Turner and Eli's got the records under his belt while Rivers is the one getting called a bust or a disappointment. Big Ben is really clutch to so it would be hard to say no to him, but his being ******** and subsequent inability to the brains behind an offense would make me pick eli over him to. Eli's really under-rated in terms of his actually talent because he's never gotten to put up big numbers because of the team he was on.

bucfan12
09-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Cruz is an UDFA who missed his rookie year. Devin Thomas is in his first full year with the team. Jernigan is a rookie. Barden is still injured. Mario Manningham is functionally r*tarded. Hakeem Nicks is good but even he still miss reads a few plays a year. Hixon is out for the season and not that good. Steve Smith is an Eagle.

So exactly which WRs have been "in this offense for a couple of years now" other than Nicks and Special Mario? Speaking of "this offense" do you even know what that means? I mean why it's brought up as an issue? Do you know anything about the level of complexity to Killdrive's choice routes, which just so happen to be a part of every passing play?

As for Eli's great play to end the superbowl, he was phenomenal that entire playoff run, running game winning or tying drives in both of the previous games leading up to that Superbowl. You also can't ignore just how much better he plays when in the hurry up then when running the regular offense, even if you are an Eli hater. There's a reason why the giants went to the playoffs for all those years in a row and Eli's ability to run a 2minute drill as well as any QB in the NFL was a huge part of that. Plus the kid just doesn't get rattled by pressure, by injuries, by getting hit, by big games, by team-mates ******* up, Eli just goes out there with that goofy look on his face and gives the giants a chance to win every close ball game he's been a part of.

As for that draft class I wouldn't give up Eli for any of them. Swap Killdrive and Norv Turner and Eli's got the records under his belt while Rivers is the one getting called a bust or a disappointment. Big Ben is really clutch to so it would be hard to say no to him, but his being ******** and subsequent inability to the brains behind an offense would make me pick eli over him to. Eli's really under-rated in terms of his actually talent because he's never gotten to put up big numbers because of the team he was on.

Hm... Barden, Hixon, Nicks, and Manningham have been in the offense for atleast 3 years.

Eli makes a ton of boneheaded throws. And what are you talking about the "team" he's been on? He's had a great defensive unit to support him along with 2 very good running backs and i think they got a 3rd very good back in Darell Scott from Maryland. The talent is there, I just don't think he's ever been that good, not since the super bowl run.

SickwithIt1010
09-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Right now if I had to pick anyone Im going with Rodgers. The swagger that guy brings week in and week out is 2nd to no one right now. Not that stupid "swagga" **** people always talk about, but the confidence he has on the field is ridiculous. He is punking people every week like its nothing, and his numbers in the 4th quarter are insane.

Rosebud
09-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Hm... Barden, Hixon, Nicks, and Manningham have been in the offense for atleast 3 years.

Eli makes a ton of boneheaded throws. And what are you talking about the "team" he's been on? He's had a great defensive unit to support him along with 2 very good running backs and i think they got a 3rd very good back in Darell Scott from Maryland. The talent is there, I just don't think he's ever been that good, not since the super bowl run.

Injured, Injured, Good but still young so he makes mistakes and ********. You're just making my point. Eli only has one really reliable target right now and even that guy still makes mistakes. BBD pointed out a clear one in this last game where Nicks misread the safety and so ran a post right into the safety instead of the fade into openspace for 30 yards that Eli threw. That's a throw that doesn't even come close to the receiver but isn't a boneheaded throw. It's the throw the offense calls for against that coverage but Nicks, being still a young player, misread the coverage and ran the wrong route leading to a bad incompletion. That type of **** happens all of the time with this new young receivers, if you'd read the link I sent you you'll understand why this offense is so hard on young receivers that can't read a defense as well as Eli who's been doing this for years and years.

I was focusing on the coaching staff with my team he's on comment. We run the ball a lot and don't spread teams out the way the Saints, Colts, Pats, Bolts and Packers do, that means Eli doesn't get the oppurtunity to accumulate huge stats the way the QBs of those teams do. And when he's throwing the ball we run back into the issue of a ridiculously over-complicated offense being taught to NFL athletes, who generally aren't the smartest folks around, without ever giving him an exceptional receiving corps or one that really fit the scheme all that well because it's focus on the route runners to be really smart and run the right rather than focusing on the route runner just gaining separation and making a play.

LonghornsLegend
09-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Does anyone have some career 4th QT numbers from Eli anywhere? Not gonna say he isn't, but it certainly seems like he always gets put into this discussion for that ridiculous play in the SB. Big Ben literally kills the 4th QT or come from behind drives.

Sorry but I'll take him over Brady. I've seen Ben look much better in these situations then Brady has. Ben very rarely loses and he turns into a completely different QB, everytime.

YAYareaRB
09-21-2011, 10:48 PM
much in the clutch

JNUkUCknT90

Breed
09-21-2011, 10:58 PM
^^^^ i wouldn't call that clutch, that's just lucky.

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 11:14 PM
I was gonna point out NYG's offense too. They run that option offense which is very hard. You have to be able to read the coverage and run 1 of 3 or so routes based on that. Manningham has potential, but not in this offense, the dude is just plain ********. If Oakland had Eli, wouldn't say he's my fave QB would prolly still prefer Roethlisberger(from that year's draft) but I wouldn't complain either.

I would still take Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Rodgers, and Peyton over him.

Rosebud
09-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I was gonna point out NYG's offense too. They run that option offense which is very hard. You have to be able to read the coverage and run 1 of 3 or so routes based on that. Manningham has potential, but not in this offense, the dude is just plain ********. If Oakland had Eli, wouldn't say he's my fave QB would prolly still prefer Roethlisberger(from that year's draft) but I wouldn't complain either.

It's closer to 1 of 6-8 routes on the plays from Killdrive's playbook that I've seen...it's like he has no clue that most NFL players are barely literate...

Rosebud
09-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Does anyone have some career 4th QT numbers from Eli anywhere? Not gonna say he isn't, but it certainly seems like he always gets put into this discussion for that ridiculous play in the SB. Big Ben literally kills the 4th QT or come from behind drives.

Sorry but I'll take him over Brady. I've seen Ben look much better in these situations then Brady has. Ben very rarely loses and he turns into a completely different QB, everytime.

Don't really wanna do a comparison to other top QBs right now since I'm gunna pass out soon and that's way too much work for an internet discussion about something as subjective as which QB is "better", especially in when you narrow that down to an even more subjective time period as "clutch". But a few years ago Eli's career #s with 2 minutes to go in the half and in the 4th quarter when the game's within 7, where right up there with the best QBs in the NFL in those scenarios.

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 11:36 PM

I don't think the number in the 4th would do Eli any justice. You can always go to NFL.com and look at his situational splits on a year to year basis. It's not like he's going to have overpowering numbers, either. In today's NFL, stats tend to rule everything and that's not to Eli's favor. He could go 3/8 on the last drive of a game with 24 yards but as long as the Giants are in a position to tie or win, he's done his job. Would that be clutch? To me, yeah kind of.

Does he make the throws when needed?
Is his team in a position to win?
Things of the sort.

Numbers in the 4th Q to even start to gauge whether or not a QB can be considered clutch are very in depth. You have to discount the garbage time yards and touchdowns and things of the sort and always consider the scenario (down by 3 or less, or 4+). It's tough to sort out.

Some say that Eli's throw to Tyree was luck. How many times have we seen Big Ben get out of a tackle or two to deliver a strike on a game winning drive?

Point being, this isn't really a discussion that stats can be used as a be all end all. It's a game to game, series to series kind of thing that is measured by the eye test. So you're going to have to trust your own two eyes in the assessment of a clutch QB.

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 11:36 PM
It's closer to 1 of 6-8 routes on the plays from Killdrive's playbook that I've seen...it's like he has no clue that most NFL players are barely literate...

6-8? the hell? Didn't even know that many routes existed lol Most I've ever seen is like a choice between a curl/skinny post/slant or something like that.

SickwithIt1010
09-21-2011, 11:48 PM
6-8? the hell? Didn't even know that many routes existed lol Most I've ever seen is like a choice between a curl/skinny post/slant or something like that.

Corner route, go route, dig route, its definitely possible.

A lot of the Giants offense comes out of the Run n' Shoot.

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Corner route, go route, dig route, its definitely possible.

A lot of the Giants offense comes out of the Run n' Shoot.

Yea, I was exaggerating a little bit. But idk, to me it just seems a bit insane to try and make someone pick 1 of that many routes on most plays. Probably why I didn't play receiver I guess...among other things.

nrk
09-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Injured, Injured, Good but still young so he makes mistakes and ********. You're just making my point. Eli only has one really reliable target right now and even that guy still makes mistakes. BBD pointed out a clear one in this last game where Nicks misread the safety and so ran a post right into the safety instead of the fade into openspace for 30 yards that Eli threw. That's a throw that doesn't even come close to the receiver but isn't a boneheaded throw. It's the throw the offense calls for against that coverage but Nicks, being still a young player, misread the coverage and ran the wrong route leading to a bad incompletion. That type of **** happens all of the time with this new young receivers, if you'd read the link I sent you you'll understand why this offense is so hard on young receivers that can't read a defense as well as Eli who's been doing this for years and years.

He didn't make your point at all. Your injured receivers this year has nothing to do with past years. I don't see how that effects Eli's 4th quarter clutchness in the past.

bigbluedefense
09-22-2011, 08:40 AM
There's only 1 WR Eli has had that actually understood and thrived in Gilbride's system.

Steve Smith. It's no coincidence that he was also the only WR Eli ever trusted in this system.

In the run n shoot, the slot WR is the most important position on offense. That's why we're basically screwed this year. We have no slot.

And let's not forget, Eli looked poor in this offense until Steve Smith came along, that's not a coincidence.

Remember in 07 when we won the SB, Steve Smith was hurt all season. He came back in the final game of the regular season, where our "momentum" started. We don't win the SB without Smith's emergence in the slot. That position is too critical to our success.

You don't need athletes in this system. You need a bunch of Steve Smith/Wes Welkers out there. The system has a chance of working if you draft the right players for it. We just don't have the right players. You need very very intelligent players to run this system.

And quite frankly, it's unrealistic to ask most WRs to be that savy. Most just aren't. They're not quarterbacks, its not fair to ask them to read a defense and run 1 of 8 possible routes based on the coverage and how the man is defending you physically and pull this off all within 2.5 seconds.

That's another thing people forget. This is not an option route offense. An option route offense is 1 of 4 potential routes.

This is a choice route offense. The route is 1 of potentially 8 different routes. So it's even more complex.

I'm honestly tired of even talking about it, I don't really get into Eli Manning debates bc it's just running in circles, but I do want to clarify some misconceptions.

I'll end it with this. What I want in a franchise qb is a guy who I know I can consistently win games with, a guy I know can make players around him better, and a guy who I trust with the game on the line to make clutch plays to win.

We have all of that in Eli. The rest is just fluff. As long as you know you have that in your quarterback, you're fine at the qb position. The rest is just getting pieces around him to build a championship caliber team.

Rosebud
09-22-2011, 11:17 AM
He didn't make your point at all. Your injured receivers this year has nothing to do with past years. I don't see how that effects Eli's 4th quarter clutchness in the past.

Good thing we were still talking about Eli's play in the clutch n not addressing his point about Eli's receivers having been in the offense long enough that they should know it...wait a minute, I don't think that's...nope that's definitely not right. We were actually talking about Eli's receiving corps and their experience/fit in our offensive system and the impact that has on how many of Eli's passes that come no where near the receivers are "boneheaded throws" and how many are boneheaded route running by these kids he's got now and some of the tards he's had to throw to before.

So, you know, you should probably figure out what people are talking about before trying to enter their discussion...or you could just keep not doing that, I guess...

MetSox17
09-22-2011, 12:02 PM

It doesn't help that dude is stoned out of his mind like 97% of the time.

nrk
09-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Good thing we were still talking about Eli's play in the clutch n not addressing his point about Eli's receivers having been in the offense long enough that they should know it...wait a minute, I don't think that's...nope that's definitely not right. We were actually talking about Eli's receiving corps and their experience/fit in our offensive system and the impact that has on how many of Eli's passes that come no where near the receivers are "boneheaded throws" and how many are boneheaded route running by these kids he's got now and some of the tards he's had to throw to before.

So, you know, you should probably figure out what people are talking about before trying to enter their discussion...or you could just keep not doing that, I guess...

That was my subtle and failed attempt to get the conversation back on track. You started on a completely different rant about the Giants receivers.

Obviously assuming that their respective teams are equal, I'm taking Big Ben. He can give you extra time and make a wtf play. Not that others can't make those wtf plays. There's a handful of guys you can't go wrong with.

V.I.P
09-23-2011, 02:32 AM
IQB Freeman knows fourth quarter is ‘superhero’ time (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Av2zitPWTwC8cPaAd8udN.c5nYcB?slug=jc-cole_buccaneers_josh_freeman_092211)

He is lurking the boards of SWDC...

FUNBUNCHER
09-23-2011, 05:28 AM
Dang. Devin Thomas is NEVER going to see the field for NYG.

Complicated offenses aren't his forte.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Well we require all our WRs to go through out rigorous PHd program so that they can learn our offense. So far we have 1 graduate. Steve Smith, and sadly he is no longer with us.

FUNBUNCHER
09-23-2011, 11:41 AM
I think Eli gets hyped above his level of play except for that HOF SB run, but I will say if the Giants ran a less complicated offensive system that was easier for WRs to pick up, he would probably be a more effective QB.

NY+Giants=NYG
09-23-2011, 11:51 AM
I think Eli gets hyped above his level of play except for that HOF SB run, but I will say if the Giants ran a less complicated offensive system that was easier for WRs to pick up, he would probably be a more effective QB.

I agree 1000000% and that is much of our issue since we drafted him. I like Coughlin a lot, but sometimes I can't help think if he did get fired, imagine a brand new offensive system where you don't need a PHd to run, specifically to the WRs.

Eli gets hyped? Or do you mean hated on? Because no one here hypes him in the media. It's a run first system. When in doubt run.. At the goal line run... I like Coughlin, but more and more I imagine what it would be like if we ran a brand new system.

Rosebud
09-23-2011, 02:47 PM

*shrug* Eli's arguably a top 10 QB, an argument I'll make any time. I don't really think anyone hypes him up as anything more than that. Even giants fans who love the guy like me.

tjsunstein
09-23-2011, 02:53 PM
I'd hate to get off course with the Eli discussion but who voted for Freeman over Brady, Rodgers, Ben, etc? The guy has never played in a playoff game. He's won plenty of games from behind but his resume doesn't nearly stack up to QBs who have been in the playoffs and have won and especially those with Super Bowl rings.

Raiderz4Life
09-23-2011, 03:02 PM
I'd hate to get off course with the Eli discussion but who voted for Freeman over Brady, Rodgers, Ben, etc? The guy has never played in a playoff game. He's won plenty of games from behind but his resume doesn't nearly stack up to QBs who have been in the playoffs and have won and especially those with Super Bowl rings.

Bucs fan of course...don't defy the FREEZUZ!!!

Bulldogs
09-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Yeah it was pretty much all Bucs fans.

Complex
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Have Rodgers,Brees,Vick or Rivers ever lead a 4th Quarter comeback in the playoffs?

I know Brady, Both Mannings and Big Ben have even though Ben plays like crap a lot of the time and has his Defense keep the game close. He eventually makes plays in the 4th Quarter to help his team get the win.

tjsunstein
09-23-2011, 03:27 PM
The thing about being clutch in the playoffs is that you don't have to comeback from a deficit, holding the lead and adding to it is just about as clutch.

A Perfect Score
09-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Have Rodgers,Brees,Vick or Rivers ever lead a 4th Quarter comeback in the playoffs?

I know Brady, Both Mannings and Big Ben have even though Ben plays like crap a lot of the time and has his Defense keep the game close. He eventually makes plays in the 4th Quarter to help his team get the win.

Oh come on, we all know Ben doesn't win games. The refs do.

Sorry Seahawks fans.

cmarq83
09-23-2011, 03:31 PM
much in the clutch

JNUkUCknT90

Why would you do that? I have a sad now :(

So many things went wrong on that play. Mostly players half-assing it, seriously Asante, Hobbs, Sanders no energy to try to make a play on that ball? There is 1:15 left in the FREAKING SUPER BOWL!

I'm not bitter or anything though

Saints-Tigers
09-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Colts were leading the Saints and had the ball to start the 4th quarter of Superbowl XLIV.

Saints-Tigers
09-23-2011, 03:32 PM
The thing about being clutch in the playoffs is that you don't have to comeback from a deficit, holding the lead and adding to it is just about as clutch.

This!!!!!!

V.I.P
09-23-2011, 03:36 PM

I doubt we have more than 3 Bucs fans on this site...

A Perfect Score
09-23-2011, 03:39 PM
I doubt we have more than 3 Bucs fans on this site...

That's just a damnable lie. For about 2 months last season there were Bucs fans crawling out of the woodwork, and all of them were annoying little bastards who just went on and on about Freeman. I'm glad that phase is in NFLDC's past. There are a good number of Bucs fans on these boards.

J-Mike88
09-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Fitzpatrick?

descendency
09-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Fitzpatrick?

"whoever is facing the Patriots defense"

J-Mike88
09-25-2011, 10:14 PM
"whoever is facing the Patriots defense"
I think you mean "Vikings".... have they not blown 3 straight 2nd half leads?

LonghornsLegend
09-25-2011, 10:46 PM
That's just a damnable lie. For about 2 months last season there were Bucs fans crawling out of the woodwork, and all of them were annoying little bastards who just went on and on about Freeman. I'm glad that phase is in NFLDC's past. There are a good number of Bucs fans on these boards.

Look at what he's doing with so many rookies!!!11!11

V.I.P
09-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Look at what he's doing with so many rookies!!!11!11

Packers had injuriez, and we had rookiezzz

bucfan12
09-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Is it wierd I sort of feel bad for Leslie Frazier? I mean, two weeks in a row, at home, going into half time up 3 scores, and both results in the loss. I mean, what's wrong with that?

Breed
09-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Is it wierd I sort of feel bad for Leslie Frazier? I mean, two weeks in a row, at home, going into half time up 3 scores, and both results in the loss. I mean, what's wrong with that?

He doesn't have a QB that closes games in the 4th!

Job Reborn
09-26-2011, 05:55 AM
He doesn't have a QB that closes games in the 4th!

I think the games were fixed.

killxswitch
09-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Tom Brady looked so clutch throwing 4 INTs yesterday against the Bills.

Saints-Tigers
09-26-2011, 11:32 AM
BRees with 3 TD's and two 2 point conversions in the 4th to come back from 17-26 and win 40-33. NBD.

Splat
09-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Tom Brady looked so clutch throwing 4 INTs yesterday against the Bills.

Yes that one game takes away from all the clutch performances he has had.

Saints-Tigers
09-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I noticed if you gain a clutch reputation early in your career, it can be for one play, or one season, no matter how unclutch you are for the rest of your career, you still carry the clutch reputation with the general public, and every unclutch moment will be swept under the rug

The opposite is also true, if you mess up one play in a pivotal game early on, you can have monster games over and over, but every slip will get all the pub, and your big moments will be under appreciated.

Moral: Clutch is like 99% perception.

killxswitch
09-26-2011, 12:31 PM
I noticed if you gain a clutch reputation early in your career, it can be for one play, or one season, no matter how unclutch you are for the rest of your career, you still carry the clutch reputation with the general public, and every unclutch moment will be swept under the rug

The opposite is also true, if you mess up one play in a pivotal game early on, you can have monster games over and over, but every slip will get all the pub, and your big moments will be under appreciated.

So very true.

descendency
09-26-2011, 12:57 PM
I think you mean "Vikings".... have they not blown 3 straight 2nd half leads?

The only thing that keeps the Patriots from blowing the lead is Tom Brady. He can usually will his team to win. Sadly, that ran out against the Bills.

tjsunstein
09-26-2011, 01:53 PM

Example: Matthew Stafford.

Flyboy
09-26-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm riding with #9.

LonghornsLegend
09-26-2011, 08:01 PM

This couldn't be more true.

Complex
09-26-2011, 08:04 PM

Then that would be most QBs that are winning the game to me that is not clutch.

M.O.T.H.
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Romo does have the best career 4th quarter passer rating among active Qbs.

See....it aint all bad down the stretch for Romo. haha.

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Example: Matthew Stafford.

Matt Stafford doesn't have a huge clutch rep to me, he's just really good PERIOD.

bucfan12
09-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Matt Stafford doesn't have a huge clutch rep to me, he's just really good PERIOD.

As long as he keeps his team up throughout the game, all the offense needs to do is wear teams down in the 4th qtr. Can't wait for this Dallas/Detroit game Sunday.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 12:32 PM
As long as he keeps his team up throughout the game, all the offense needs to do is wear teams down in the 4th qtr. Can't wait for this Dallas/Detroit game Sunday.

Too bad Detroit's run game sucks. That's going to bite them in the butt sooner or later.

bucfan12
09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Ehh, I think they can survive without it. I mean, Indanapolis Colts have had an average run game through all those years and got away with an explosive passing offense. Not saying Stafford is Manning, but I love the speedy weapons he's got. Plus, he's got a very good defense behind him as well.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
To be fair, Indy's run game was still much better than Detroits. Detroit's run game is abysmal. Opposing defenses shouldn't respect it at all. I'd come out in nickel the entire game and dare you to run it.

They're just incapable of running the ball.

bucfan12
09-28-2011, 12:41 PM
To be fair, Indy's run game was still much better than Detroits. Detroit's run game is abysmal. Opposing defenses shouldn't respect it at all. I'd come out in nickel the entire game and dare you to run it.

They're just incapable of running the ball.

Ehh possibly true. I'm assuming you're a Lions fan so you might know more than me. I thought Jhavid Best was an explosive player that can hit the homerun, that's why teams respect Detroit's run game.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Ehh possibly true. I'm assuming you're a Lions fan so you might know more than me. I thought Jhavid Best was an explosive player that can hit the homerun, that's why teams respect Detroit's run game.

Giants fan. Bigblue is a Giants nickname.

Best is explosive. But the man's ypc is terrible. And he's incapable of running btw the tackles anyway, so it's not like putting more speed on the field would hurt your run defense against him. If anything it probably helps bc you'll neutralize his speed to the edge better.