PDA

View Full Version : Tony Romo has a punctured lung.

TheFinisher
09-19-2011, 04:55 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/conversations/_/id/6993210/sources-tony-romo-cracked-rib-punctured-lung

IRVING, Texas -- While a CT scan revealed only one fracture to Tony Romo's ribs, the Cowboys' quarterback has been diagnosed with a punctured lung, according to sources.

Coach Jason Garrett said during Monday's news conference that he did not rule out Romo playing next week against Washington. However, Garrett never specifically addressed the lung puncture.

"I would not think there's any reason to think that he won't play Monday," Garrett said. "We're certainly hopeful."

Wow, as if the broken rib wasn't gutsy enough.

BigBlueNorwegian
09-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow, as if the broken rib wasn't gutsy enough.

Wow, that's real tough by Romo to step out there with a punctured lung. Regardless, I gained a lot of respect for Romo with his play yesterday.

ElectricEye
09-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Romo deserves all the credit you can possibly give a guy for doing that. Just a real great effort and deserves a lot of respect.

tjsunstein
09-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Definitely should slow some of the Romo criticism.

MetSox17
09-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Definitely should slow some of the Romo criticism.

Unfortunately, he'll be a guy that will never get the full credit he deserves. He's easily the most picked apart QB in the league. Every mistake he makes is magnified tenfold, mostly because of who he plays for.

Hurricanes25
09-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Gutsy performance by Romo.

And Metsox, I agree. As a fan of the Jets, I have to read all of the **** said about Sanchez on here and the Cowboys fans and Romo are in the same situation- criticized for everything they do wrong and never given credit when they deserve it.

ElectricEye
09-19-2011, 05:51 PM
In all fairness; he deserves some of that. He hasn't been able to elevate his game in big moments. Fair or not, people are going to criticize him for that, even if it's not all his fault. Romo has been a top ten quarterback for a long time though, and I defiantly agree that he doesn't get enough play as far as that goes.

MetSox17
09-19-2011, 05:55 PM
In all fairness; he deserves some of that. He hasn't been able to elevate his game in big moments. Fair or not, people are going to criticize him for that, even if it's not all his fault. Romo has been a top ten quarterback for a long time though, and I defiantly agree that he doesn't get enough play as far as that goes.

Don't want to turn it into a overrated/underrated thread, but his mistakes are mentioned a lot more than his successes are, therefore people have the idea that he's just as bad as he is good, which isn't the case at all. He has had his fair share of boneheaded plays, but he plays at a top 5ish level more than he does play at a bottom 5.

D-Unit
09-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Romo's toughness was never in question. Only that he is known to make costly mental errors. While playing through injury is respectable, it shouldn't hide his real problems.

nepg
09-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Sounds more stupid than tough or gutsy... Punctured lung is ******* serious business. He shouldn't have been allowed out there until they made sure the fractures weren't threatening his organs.

Philliez01
09-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Duh his last name rhymes with a common insult so he's still a *****!

Jvig43
09-19-2011, 09:42 PM
I take back saying that his win wont overshadow the Jets loss. Thats amazing.

descendency
09-19-2011, 09:55 PM
So that's why he chokes so much?

Breed
09-19-2011, 10:33 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cleveland+Browns+v+Chicago+Bears+fn2c2hA-Uykl.jpg

the new jesus
09-19-2011, 11:32 PM
How many championships will he lead Dallas to? Zero. The guy is not a winner. Start over with somebody else instead of being a meddling mediocre team.

Raiderz4Life
09-19-2011, 11:35 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Cleveland+Browns+v+Chicago+Bears+fn2c2hA-Uykl.jpg

haha I was gonna post...how long til "someone" posts something about Cutler. You win.

Ness
09-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Great performance by Romo. The haters need to lay off. Although I can already see the folks with an agenda complaining he isn't tough enough.

dunagan15
09-20-2011, 12:40 AM
Somewhere Culter is like...well ****, I need a better publicist.

wogitalia
09-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Every mistake he makes is magnified tenfold, mostly because of who he plays for.

It might just be that he makes so many ;)

I like Romo, I don't know why because I should hate him, but I honestly like him but he gets the majority of his criticism because the media overrates him, which isn't his fault. He is a good solid player that the media desperately wants to be great and that annoys a lot of fans.

shinzo123
09-20-2011, 12:59 AM
So that's why he chokes so much?

Oh that was dirty, well played.

RCAChainGang
09-20-2011, 01:01 AM
Now what is my fantasy football team gonna do? Haha.

KCJ58
09-20-2011, 01:58 AM
what an Idiot he could have died

yodabear
09-20-2011, 02:19 AM
what an Idiot he could have died

U know, I kind of have to go with my fellow Rams fan. Its guysy, marvelous, outstanding, loving the he shut up his critics, and all. But a punctured lung man, that just borderline crazy. And big ups for Romo. This will be another guy I will not talk **** about like Rivers. I hated the man, but then he went out and played on one leg to try to beat the Pats. Can't do it, and now Romo is on that list.

prock
09-20-2011, 04:37 AM
Well he didn't know he had a punctured lung at the time. That makes it just straight up gutsy. It would have been ******** if he knew he had one, but he didn't.

senormysterioso
09-20-2011, 05:57 AM
It's not that big a deal...my rib has been broken for the last 2 months. A punctured lung isn't that big of a deal either unless it starts causing a Tension pneumothorax. If he did then you have a matter of minutes to decompress or he's dead meat, so it obviously wasn't.

descendency
09-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Word is, it was a "collapsed lung", meaning there was extra air in his chest that wasn't in his lungs.

Not a "punctured lung"

JagWired32
09-20-2011, 04:15 PM
That was a very amazing thing that he did. I think that will help his image quite a bit.

Byrd430
09-20-2011, 10:36 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!!

The man finally gets some credit and respect. And all it took was a punctured lung and fractured rib.

Still some people (looks back at a certain post) are still down playing it. It's not that big a deal??? Maybe not life threatening deal, but the man played in a NFL FOOTBALL GAME with a PUNCTURED LUNG AND FRACTURED RIBS.

Much more heart than Cutler, for sure.

senormysterioso
09-21-2011, 06:46 AM
It deserves to be downplayed! It's not like this is Ronnie Lott cutting off his finger, or what's his face finishing the game with a ruptured spleen...cracked ribs suck, but they shouldn't stop you from doing anything that you want to do. Punctured lung sounds scary, and don't get me wrong it definitely can be, but if you're not having much trouble breathing then it's not that big of a deal. A lung isn't a balloon, it doesn't pop. A small puncture wound isn't that time sensitive. I've known guys that have had them go completely untreated without much trouble. That's why ya got two of em!

Now I'm a die hard packers fan, have been all my life and it kills me to defend that soulless mercenary Cutler, but comparing this to his knee just isn't fair. It's comparing hurt to injured.

Job Reborn
09-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Now I'm a die hard packers fan, have been all my life and it kills me to defend that soulless mercenary Cutler, but comparing this to his knee just isn't fair. It's comparing hurt to injured.

Even comparing injury to injury is not necessarily that fair. Point is, every single injury is different. I twice broke my collarbone while playing hockey. First time it happened was at about mid-game, and I could finish the game without much of a problem, just feeling some discomfort. I ended up going to the hospital three days later and it was then that I got aware of the break. The second time, it hurt me so damn much that I could not even get back on my feet without any help.

Nikolas
09-22-2011, 12:53 AM
My theory is that the overwhelming pain distracted Romo so much that he didn't have a chance to think about what he was doing, and he just *did* it.

Perhaps Jerry should hire some guys to hurt Romo every week?

descendency
09-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Word is the Redskins will be having dinner together the night before the game with the Cowboys. They're going to get ribs at Tony Romo's.

703SKINS202
09-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Word is the Redskins will be having dinner together the night before the game with the Cowboys. They're going to get ribs at Tony Romo's.
1ytCEuuW2_A

Iamcanadian
09-25-2011, 10:04 AM
What hype, I've had a punctured lung and it isn't painful, it isn't anything and takes about an hour to reinflate and reseal itself.
The way they report it, you'd think he was dying. Give me a break.