PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Class: All-Pro, All-Bust

GaMeTiMe
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
I know we're two weeks in, but that's what adds depth and opinion to this topic rather than simply listing the studs/busts from the class 2-3 years down the road.

Field two starting squads, one of the seemingly best picks in this past draft, and one with the biggest busts.

The all-pro team doesn't have to be value picks, and the all-bust doesn't have to be high picks, but feel free to do whatever you want.

This isn't exactly based just on what we've seen so far, you can still hold true to your opinions from before the draft, but what we've seen so far may have changed some of those opinions.

All-Stud:

QB Cam Newton
RB Mark Ingram
WR Julio Jones
WR Denarius Moore
TE Julius Thomas
LT Nate Solder
LG Clint Boling
C Mike Pouncey
RG James Carpenter
RT Orlando Franklin

LDE Ryan Kerrigan
UT Christian Ballard
NT Marcell Dareus
RDE Adrian Clayborn
SLB Von Miller
MLB Mason Foster
WLB Akeem Ayers
CB Patrick Peterson
FS Aaron Williams
SS Jaiquawn Jarrett (homer, not down on him yet after having high expectations)
CB Ras I-Dowling
NCB Buster Skrine

All Bust:

QB Andy Dalton
RB Daniel Thomas
WR Jonathan Baldwin
WR Leonard Hankerson
TE Virgil Green
LT Marcus Gilbert
LG Derek Sherrod
C Stefen Wisniewski
RG Danny Watkins
RT Gabe Carimi (injury-prone, solid-but-unspectacular when healthy?)

LDE Cameron Jordan
UT Stephen Paea
NT Phil Taylor
RDE Aldon Smith
WLB Greg Jones (Yes, I moved him outside)
MLB Casey Matthews
SLB Martez Wilson
CB Rashad Carmichael
FS Rahim Moore
SS Quinton Carter
CB Shareece Wright
NCB Brandon Harris

D-Unit
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Is Orlando Franklin doing that good? Tyron Smith has been great for the Cowboys so far.

JHL6719
09-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I could be mistaken but didn't Daniel Thomas rush for over 100 yards on less than 20 carries in his NFL debut?

Hitemhard05
09-20-2011, 05:06 PM
In his second official NFL game Dalton went for 332 and 2 TDs with 0 INTs...I'd say thats far from bust-worthy...Same with Daniel Thomas..Didn't he rush for nearly 100 on minimal carries just this last week? Not to mention both players were second round picks. Hell, I'd say that may even warrant them being in your 'stud' category over Newton and Ingram, considering their expectations.

Also, I'd put AJ Green over Julio so far, or maybe Moore although he had an impressive game he was really only playing due to injuries.

keylime_5
09-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Dalton and Thomas, so far so good.

Phil Taylor has been beasting it so far. He looks like a stud.

RaiderNation
09-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Not understanding why Wisniewski would be considered on the bust team, he has looked very solid so far at LG. In fact most of the Raiders rushing yards have been behind him and Veldheer on the left side of the oline.

Also I love Denarius Moore. He looks to be a big playmaker for us at WR and could be the steal of the draft

tjsunstein
09-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Randall Cobb is a little bit buried on the depth chart but he's thrived when called upon. /homer

This is really impossible to do right now. Are you predicting it? You have to be since it's two games into the year. So what make you think Dalton, and Thomas will bust? Phil Taylor has looked good, same with Aldon Smith from what I've seen but admittedly, I haven't seen every snap of his.

descendency
09-20-2011, 05:46 PM
DE Robert Quinn.

He was a healthy scratch. Not a good sign for a 14th overall pick.

tjsunstein
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
DE Robert Quinn.

He was a healthy scratch. Not a good sign for a 14th overall pick.
The only time he actually made plays was when he was literally unblocked. Otherwise, he was pushed back seemingly with ease.

Pat Sims 90
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Dalton has a 105.7 QB Rating, 66% CMP, 413 YDS, 3 TDS and 0 INTS in 2 games how does that lead him to be a bust?

FUNBUNCHER
09-20-2011, 06:54 PM
When Clay MatthewIII grows up, he wants to be Ryan Kerrigan.

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Sports/d052fd5ceaf64336a1bb4768394e2446.jpg

Two games and we're evaluating these guys entire career upside/downside??

FWIW, Cameron Jordan, Aldon Smith, Wisniewski and Phil Taylor aren't busts.

Go_Eagles77
09-20-2011, 06:58 PM
I legit thought Danny Watkins was a better prospect than Mike Pouncey.

Hines
09-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Marcus Gilbert looked pretty good in his NFL debut outside of a few plays.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Karl Klug is kinda good.

vidae
09-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Jon Baldwin hasn't played in an NFL regular season game yet..

rawdawg
09-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Virgil Green? Seriously? He was a 7th round pick. The fact that he made the Broncos roster at all makes it impossible for him to be a bust. What were you expecting? There's plenty others, but that one strikes me as absurd.

GaMeTiMe
09-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Zero reading comprehension on these boards..

This isn't exactly based just on what we've seen so far, you can still hold true to your opinions from before the draft, but what we've seen so far may have changed some of those opinions.

Raider_fan_Canada
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Stefen Wisniewski is very solid. I dont know from where that comes from. D Moore is spectacular though. Best Raiders WR since Tim Brown hands down, other then a handfull of games by Randy Moss in 2005.

Im anxious to see another Raiders rookie, RB Taiwan Jones. Its just that with McFadden and Bush the line is long for PT in Oakland at RB, especialy for a guy you cant trust yet in protection on offense. Should give him the KR or PR job though, Nick Miller has to get cut he's an embarrasement....

SF Dolphin Fan
09-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Little too early to say. Thomas, by the way, looked really good in his debut with Miami with over 100 yards. Newton definitely is off to a flying start with two straight 400 yard games. Wow.

Unbiased
09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
Virgil Green? Seriously? He was a 7th round pick. The fact that he made the Broncos roster at all makes it impossible for him to be a bust. What were you expecting? There's plenty others, but that one strikes me as absurd.

Yeah, if 7th rounders are fair game, then just make the entire bust team from 7th rounders.

bucfan12
09-21-2011, 06:08 PM
How is AJ Green not on the all pro team while Julio Jones is? I think AJ Green has been phenomenal and 10X better than Julio Jones.

indyfan1985
09-21-2011, 06:54 PM
I would put LT Anthony Costanzo at all stud before Nate Solder. Solder is playing RT, and Costanzo is playing LT right now. Plus Solder has better talent around him at OL while Costanzo isnt working with as much and is still playing well.

And at defense I think DT Drake Nevis should be considered at all stud.

YAYareaRB
09-21-2011, 06:56 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10159699.jpg

DeepThreat
09-21-2011, 07:23 PM
You are high. A lot of your "busts" have been excellent. Phil Taylor, Andy Dalton, Daniel Thomas and Gabe Carimi have been very good.

mqtirishfan
09-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Zero reading comprehension on these boards..

Then what's the ******* point of the thread?

"Let's discuss the draft prospects from the draft that already happened as if the first two weeks don't really count, but I'm going to sort of pretend they do count until people point out that my picks aren't very good."

shylo3716
09-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Tyrod "T-Mobile" Taylor = STUD!!!
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02ZrdEv8fw5qC/610x.jpg

DoughBoy
09-21-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm almost positive you are Al Davis.