PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations 2012 Mock Draft 4.0

RaiderNation
09-20-2011, 05:43 PM
4th mock draft of the year here, questions and comments are welcomed as always. I used the NFL standings and my own power rankings for the records for the order. Have at it...

1 Seattle Seahawks(0-2)- Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
The Seahawks have looked really bad putting up only 17 points so far, Luck is the obvious #1 pick here and will be surrounded with some nice weapons.

2 Kansas City Chiefs(0-2)- Matt Barkley QB USC*
If Cassel and the offense donít improve soon a new QB and/or coaching staff could be brought in, Barkley so far has looked like a top 5 pick for USC this season.

3 Minnesota Vikings(0-2)- Matt Kalil OT USC*
The oline play so far this year hasnít been good, and Kalil is a top prospect that would solidify the LT position for many years.

4 Indianapolis Colts(0-2)- Quinton Coples DE UNC
The Colts need to add some strength to the dline, Coples can play the run and could replace Robert Mathis since his contract will be up at the end of the season.

5 Miami Dolphins(0-2)- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
Henne looked bad against the Texans who have a rebuilding secondary, with a new coaching staff likely coming in they would reach for Jones here.

6 Carolina Panthers(0-2)- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*
As I predicted Cam Newton would play better than what most thought, but even I didnít think he would put up 2 400 yard passing games in his first starts. Jeffery would give Newton a big redzone WR to compliment Steve Smith.

7 St. Louis Rams(0-2)- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
It was obvious to me watching on Monday Night Football that Bradford doesnít have a consistent WR to throw to, Blackmon is a polished WR that knows how to get open.

8 Cincinnati Bengals(1-1)- Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
Andy Dalton has looked surprising solid the first 2 games, but Cedric Benson looks like he is done so bringing in a talent like Richardson to pair with Green will give this offense a ton of potential.

9 Denver Broncos(1-1)- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
Denverís defense has given up close to 300 rushing yards in 2 weeks and DT is a huge hole, Worthyís value is right around this pick and would be a logical fit at DT.

10 Arizona Cardinals(1-1)- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
Kevin Kolb and the offense has looked good but they need to protect their investment better, Martin could step in a LT and Brown to RT giving them a really solid OT tandem.

11 Jacksonville Jaguars(1-1)- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
With no WR worth the pick here to give Gabbert a reliable weapon the Jags should turn to the secondary for help, Kirkpatrick has all the tools to be a Pro Bowl CB and comes from a great system.

12 Cleveland Browns(1-1)- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
Similarly to the Jags, the Browns wonít value any of the available WRís here as a good pick, so addressing the ILB with Burfict to lead their young defense would be ideal.

13 San Francisco 49ers(1-1)- Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
San Franciscoís defense has look very solid so far but it is clear they need help at CB, Dennard is as talented as Amukamara who was a top 20 pick last year.

14 Tennessee Titans(1-1)- Jared Crick DT Nebraska
The interior of the Titans dline needs some major improvements, Crick is a super-productive player that knows how to get to the QB.

15 Dallas Cowboys(1-1)- Jayron Hasely CB Virginia Tech*
The Cowboys secondary to clearly the weak point on defense for this team and it isnít allowing Rob Ryanís defense to really work, Hasely is a ball hawk who would excel in Ryanís system.

16 Tampa Bay Buccaneers(1-1)- Chase Minnfield CB Virginia
Aqib Talibís character will be a question mark for the future and Ronde Barber is 26, Minnfield has Pro Bowl genetics and would give Tampa a good tandem at CB

17 New York Giants(1-1)- Luke Kuechly LB Boston College*
Relying on 6th round rookie Greg Jones to be your ILB isnít an ideal situation to be in, Kuechly is a local star who would energize the defense as a tackling machine behind that dline.

18 San Diego Chargers(1-1)- Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina*
Other than Shaun Phillips the Chargers havenít had a consistent pass rusher since when Merriman was on steroids, Taylor is a freak athlete similar to Merriman that has very high potential

19 Oakland Raiders(1-1)- Zach Brown LB UNC
The one major weak point on defense for the Raiders is a WLB where Quinton Groves looks way out of position on most plays, Brown is a speedy LB that will run in the 4.4ís and can play the run and pass effectively.

20 Pittsburgh Steelers(1-1)- Riley Reiff OT Iowa*
Pittsburgh has neglected giving Big Ben a consistent blindside protector for some time, Reiff is good value here and could also help the run game.

21 Chicago Bears(1-1)- David DeCastro OL Stanford*
The Bears main weakness again looks to be on the oline where they have already given up 11 sacks this season, DeCastro looks to be a Pro Bowl type Guard in the NFL and is definitely worth the pick.

22 Philadelphia Eagles(1-1)- TJ McDonald SS USC*
It will be interesting to see if the Eagles can play the run better this season because if they donít I canít see them making a playoff run, Nate Allen might be better suited to play FS and McDonald could step in as a playmaker at SS.

23 Baltimore Ravens(1-1)- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State*
Sergio Kindle and Jarret Johnson have been underwhelming at OLB , Jenkins would give the Ravens a good pass rusher opposite of Suggs and make this defense even more dangerous.

24 Cleveland Browns(f/ATL)(1-1)- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
Greg Little looks like a solid WR for McCoy but they still lack a #1 go to WR, Floyd has all the talent in the world he just needs to keep his head on straight.

25 New England Patriots(f/NO)(1-1)- Robert Lester FS Alabama*
The one weak spot the Patriots have on defense is a the safety positions, Chung should be moved to SS and Lester would potentially become a Pro Bowl caliber FS on this defense.

26 Buffalo Bills(2-0)- DJ Fluker OT Alabama*
Fluker is a legit prospect that will slide because of the depth at OT in the draft, he could slide in at LT or RT depending on how the Bills feel about Bell

27 Washington Redskins(2-0)- Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
Grossman and the offense has looked good so far but they still lack a big WR to throw to, Fuller has the size and talent to make an impact early in the NFL.

28 Detroit Lions(2-0)- Morris Claiborne CB LSU*
The Lions as a team have looked outstanding so far this year but as the year progressí I expect to see CB being the one weak point on defense, Claiborne looked good last year playing opposite of Patrick Peterson and so far this year he looks like a stud.

29 Houston Texans(2-0)- Mark Barron SS Alabama
Houstonís defense looks much improved since Wade Phillips took over, the secondary is still the one area for improvement and Barron taking over at SS would be another piece of the puzzle filled.

30 New York Jets(2-0)- Donte Paige-Moss DE/OLB UNC*
The defense will always be a strong point for the Jets but they still donít have a reliable pass rusher at OLB, DPM is a great athlete that could excel with Rex Ryan coaching him.

31 New England Patriots(2-0)- Michael Brewster C Ohio State
With Dan Connolly out for a good chunk of the season the Patriots interior oline could struggle at times, Brewster would be an upgrade over Connolly and would likely give Brady 4 olinemen he could rely on the rest of his career(Vollmer, Mankins, Solder and now Brewster)

32 Green Bay Packers(2-0)- Brandon Thompson DL Clemson
Green Bayís defense is one of the best in the league but with Cullen Jenkins now gone they could use some help on the dline, Thompson could fill the void left by Jenkins as a pass rusher in their system.

Pat Sims 90
09-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Would rather see Kirkpatrick. Nate Clements is awful and Leon Hall is the only starter quality Corner on this team. Bengals could get a starting RB in 2nd or 3rd round.

thenewfeature06
09-20-2011, 06:12 PM
That is probably the only LB pick I can dig for us RN, haha.

Would make for one of the better LB cores I would think.

vidae
09-20-2011, 06:49 PM
We're going to have #1, but if we do have #2 that is a good pick.

Vaylor
09-20-2011, 08:38 PM
The Colts drafting a DE with their top 5 pick would be massively lolworthy.

Excellent haul for the Patriots.

ChicagoBearsVet23
09-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Great Bears pick

RaiderNation
09-21-2011, 01:09 AM
The Colts drafting a DE with their top 5 pick would be massively lolworthy.

With Kalil off the board I can't see them going in any other direction. Mathis could be gone and they need to get bigger on defense anyways. Coples could be a Justin Tuck type player for the Colts, playing both DE and DT. Jerry Hughes and Freeney at DE and Coples inside, could be a deadly pass rush

Razor
09-21-2011, 02:15 AM
It's not Connolly who's out, it's Koppen whom Connolly is replacing at center. That doesn't change the fact that Brewster is a good pick for us though. So is Lester. In other words, good Patriots draft right there imo.

bruschis4all
09-21-2011, 09:30 AM
It's not Connolly who's out, it's Koppen whom Connolly is replacing at center. That doesn't change the fact that Brewster is a good pick for us though. So is Lester. In other words, good Patriots draft right there imo.

Can't argue with either of those picks. Positions of need and both players look good. Would love to get a de. But, I don't think this is a great draft to fill that need. Can probably get a wr in Round 2 and a 4-3 olb. IE. One with some speed hopefully.

I really like some of the lb's in this draft. Burifict, Te'o and Kuechly. Could this be the year we trade up for one? Maybe get Lester at 1b and a different C with the 2nd we don't use to trade up. You have to play nickel almost all of the time now anyway. But, Mayo and Burifict could be 3 down lb's for a long time. Would just need jags like Ninkovich or Fletcher to play the other slot.

I think he's a 3-4 olb. But, keep your eye on Ronnell Lewis from OU. He plays de in their 4-3. Don't think he's big enough to do it in the nfl. But, if Robert Mathis can. This kid might be able to. Hell, he reminded me of a couple of old school 56's from the 80's Saturday night. He's going to play himself into the top half of the 1st.

killxswitch
09-21-2011, 09:48 AM
With Kalil off the board I can't see them going in any other direction. Mathis could be gone and they need to get bigger on defense anyways. Coples could be a Justin Tuck type player for the Colts, playing both DE and DT. Jerry Hughes and Freeney at DE and Coples inside, could be a deadly pass rush

Unfortunately Hughes has shown zero ability to rush the passer with his hand in the ground. Coples would probably play DE and just replace Mathis. Honestly there are so many holes on this team its ridiculous. If we can't get Luck I'd like to trade down for picks if possible.

DiG
09-21-2011, 11:37 AM
fuller to me is not a good west coast wide receiver. he is not very productive after the catch and doesnt play to his size. id much rather have either the top corner, interior lineman, or inside linebacker.

Rams4Ever
09-21-2011, 11:47 AM
^I agree completely.

Rams4Ever
09-21-2011, 11:48 AM
And as for Blackmon, he would definetely be an ideal WR for us to get. We need to get Bradford another real good weapon, i like MSW alot, and DX is starting to show promise, but we need a foresure #1.

ArkyRamsFan
09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
^^^I agree with this post. The Rams have got to find a No. 1 WR for Sam before he turns into Marc Bulger deaux.

RaiderNation
09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
fuller to me is not a good west coast wide receiver. he is not very productive after the catch and doesnt play to his size. id much rather have either the top corner, interior lineman, or inside linebacker.

What WRs left do you think could be a good fit? Broyles, Sanu or Childs?

DiG
09-21-2011, 01:54 PM
What WRs left do you think could be a good fit? Broyles, Sanu or Childs?

a top cb, interior lineman, or inside linebacker would be better than all of the above to be honest. if we pick earlier i could see us targeting blackmon but otherwise we might as well wait until rd 2 or later. a lot will depend on hankersons growth. he has shown some promise but hasnt gotten the offense down yet. if hankerson shows enough promise with santana extended, gaffney playing well, and armstrong in the slot its not as big a need as those other positions mentioned. interior oline IMO would be the way to go late first.

shylo3716
09-21-2011, 04:09 PM
4th mock draft of the year here, questions and comments are welcomed as always. I used the NFL standings and my own power rankings for the records for the order. Have at it...

4 Indianapolis Colts(0-2)- Quinton Coples DE UNC
The Colts need to add some strength to the dline, Coples can play the run and could replace Robert Mathis since his contract will be up at the end of the season.

Kerry Collins is about 40ish. There is no way in hell the Colts will pass up on a legitimate backup in Landry Jones, especially when worse case scenarios are happen right now, with "The Machine" being down for who knows how long.

7 St. Louis Rams(0-2)- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
It was obvious to me watching on Monday Night Football that Bradford doesn’t have a consistent WR to throw to, Blackmon is a polished WR that knows how to get open.

Very ideal since they had there eyes on Julio this past April, but were not proactive in moving up to #6 to snatch him. Bradford is in a world of trouble if he does not get that #1 go to guy, because NONE of his Receivers can catch a cold butt naked in a blizzard and that showed week 1 vs Philly.

9 Denver Broncos(1-1)- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
Denver’s defense has given up close to 300 rushing yards in 2 weeks and DT is a huge hole, Worthy’s value is right around this pick and would be a logical fit at DT.

They passed up on Dez Bryant for an injury prone Demaryius Thomas, which has to be killing them, especially when they have their deep threat Eddie Royal down. I see no reason to pass up on "Dez Bryant" again so I see them snatching up a guy like Michael Floyd who is a very reliable guy in crunch situations. BTW how is the Tebow to WR experiment going? This must be the indicator of WR early for April 2012.

15 Dallas Cowboys(1-1)- Jayron Hasely CB Virginia Tech*
The Cowboys secondary to clearly the weak point on defense for this team and it isn’t allowing Rob Ryan’s defense to really work, Hasely is a ball hawk who would excel in Ryan’s system.

HOSLEY!!!! Say it with me HOSLEY!!!! NOT Hasley. But very intriguing pick because they have a need in the secondary for both CB/S. In all actuality I could see him sliding over to FS until Newman hangs it up or Jerry Jones gets rid of Mike Jenkins. Hosley is a pure zone cover corner, so it should be no problem at all for him to convert over for the meanwhile, since it was a consideration of what would have happened to Patrick Peterson if they took him.

19 Oakland Raiders(1-1)- Zach Brown LB UNC
The one major weak point on defense for the Raiders is a WLB where Quinton Groves looks way out of position on most plays, Brown is a speedy LB that will run in the 4.4’s and can play the run and pass effectively.

No Nnamdi Asomugha means only 1 thing. Take a CB, a troubled 1 at that! I absolutely positively can bet anything, Al Davis would take Janoris Jenkins out of any CB available, if Rhodes was not on the board. Jenkins is just an Oakland type of guy. If you don't get where I'm going with this let me elaborate a little more......

3 Laws of a Raider feat. Janoris Jenkins
1.Blaze the 40 (may not blaze it, but he will fare well)
2.Be a specimen (Asante Samuel clone)
3.Be a well known problem (2nd nature to him)

22 Philadelphia Eagles(1-1)- TJ McDonald SS USC*
It will be interesting to see if the Eagles can play the run better this season because if they don’t I can’t see them making a playoff run, Nate Allen might be better suited to play FS and McDonald could step in as a playmaker at SS.

We will glady take Andrew Datko if Zach Brown is not available...... You have to be getting the same memo everyone else has about our D. Our Run D is not existent. ZACH BROWN!!!!

26 Buffalo Bills(2-0)- DJ Fluker OT Alabama*
Fluker is a legit prospect that will slide because of the depth at OT in the draft, he could slide in at LT or RT depending on how the Bills feel about Bell

Arguably the #1-2 OT for the 2013 Draft class, there is no way in hell if he delcares as a RS Soph he will be a late 1st Rounder. Please re-evaluate Fluker some more.

27 Washington Redskins(2-0)- Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
Grossman and the offense has looked good so far but they still lack a big WR to throw to, Fuller has the size and talent to make an impact early in the NFL.

They took Hankerson, no way they go that route again.

28 Detroit Lions(2-0)- Morris Claiborne CB LSU*
The Lions as a team have looked outstanding so far this year but as the year progress’ I expect to see CB being the one weak point on defense, Claiborne looked good last year playing opposite of Patrick Peterson and so far this year he looks like a stud.

Excellent choice

My constructive criticism is in BOLD

shylo3716
09-21-2011, 04:51 PM
http://canespundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/miler3.jpg

Take heed to MILLER TIME!

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Your Raider comments were pretty funny.

RaiderNation
09-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Your Raider comments were pretty funny.

They were, but I disagree with them Shylo. With Nnamdi gone we drafted 2 CBs back to back and i think Al will wait atleast another year for DVD to get his shot playing opposite Routt. Also Jenkins doesn't fit the Raiders defense at all. We need man to man CBs that can jam the WR and run down field with them. Like you said Shylo he reminds you of Asante Samuel who is purely a zone coverage CB that liked to sit in his zone and take chances. Jenkins in Oakland would be another MeAngelo Hall situation. I will respond to your other comments when I get the time

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Morris Claiborne to the Lions better not happen. Suh, Fairley, Claiborne is a solid core for a D.

But, the Packers pick couldn't have been better with Crick gone.

shylo3716
09-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I will respond to your other comments when I get the time

PLEASE DO!!!

Thecollegedropout
09-21-2011, 10:54 PM
Guessing you don't have Manti Te'o declaring....that or you don't have him as a 1st rounder, which I would disagree with.

Good Jets pick though with OLB Bryan Thomas not returning in all likelihood BTW.

RaiderNation
09-21-2011, 11:31 PM
Guessing you don't have Manti Te'o declaring....that or you don't have him as a 1st rounder, which I would disagree with.

Good Jets pick though with OLB Bryan Thomas not returning in all likelihood BTW.

I actually couldnt fit him in anywhere, I think he's a top 25 prospect right now

RaiderNation
09-21-2011, 11:48 PM
My constructive criticism is in BOLD

Draft a back up with the 4th overall pick? Peyton still has 3 good years if this last surgery goes as planned and drafting his successor now would basically be saying they are moving on and its the end of his time

The Broncos still have Demaryius Thomas on the roster along with Lloyd so they should address bigger needs. The defense is among the worst in the league and they need to keep adding talent. They literally have nothing at DT so I expect that could be the way they go.

Lol second straight type I messed up in Hosley, will fix that next time. I do agree though he is a nice fit in Rob Ryans scheme

I was thinking Te'o to the Eagles possibly, but I will wait and see how Matthews does before i do it.

Fluker could come out if he really thinks he is the top tackle, but i still rate Kalil and Martin ahead of him with Reiff getting the slight edge on him as well. It would be wise for him to stay but as of now I'm going to keep including him in my mocks since he is a legit talent

shylo3716
09-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Draft a back up with the 4th overall pick? Peyton still has 3 good years if this last surgery goes as planned and drafting his successor now would basically be saying they are moving on and its the end of his time

The Broncos still have Demaryius Thomas on the roster along with Lloyd so they should address bigger needs. The defense is among the worst in the league and they need to keep adding talent. They literally have nothing at DT so I expect that could be the way they go.

Lol second straight type I messed up in Hosley, will fix that next time. I do agree though he is a nice fit in Rob Ryans scheme

I was thinking Te'o to the Eagles possibly, but I will wait and see how Matthews does before i do it.

Fluker could come out if he really thinks he is the top tackle, but i still rate Kalil and Martin ahead of him with Reiff getting the slight edge on him as well. It would be wise for him to stay but as of now I'm going to keep including him in my mocks since he is a legit talent

How long did Rodgers sit behind Favre and please enlighten me with the end result of last year in February?

I say WR!!! So what happens next year if one goes down Lloyd/Thomas/Royal who do they turn to? Go get Floyd before they miss out on "Dez" AGAIN!

You are not going to get censored for HOSLEY Lmfao

Even if Fluker comes out he won't go out of the Top 15 picks Mark my word.

shylo3716
09-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Another thing why no Miller Time? He is arguably the #1-2 RB on the radar.

BnG
09-22-2011, 01:46 PM
a top cb, interior lineman, or inside linebacker would be better than all of the above to be honest. if we pick earlier i could see us targeting blackmon but otherwise we might as well wait until rd 2 or later. a lot will depend on hankersons growth. he has shown some promise but hasnt gotten the offense down yet. if hankerson shows enough promise with santana extended, gaffney playing well, and armstrong in the slot its not as big a need as those other positions mentioned. interior oline IMO would be the way to go late first.

I agree with this. But I'm wondering why you want an interior o-lineman. It's bit early to judge Chester. Montgomery played great yesterday, and was huge against Darnell Dockett. Lichtensteiger is our most reliable lineman, and sprung the key block for Helu's big run.

I think other areas could be targeted first instead of inside o-line, especially since our current guys show promise and potential in the system. As you mention, CB or ILB are also likely positions to target that make more sense (to me at least).

prock
09-23-2011, 06:16 AM
I don't think the Vikes are THAT bad. But I do love Kalil.

prock
09-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Another thing why no Miller Time? He is arguably the #1-2 RB on the radar.

We get it, you have a major erection for Lamar Miller. Stop bitching about him not being in everyone's first round. It's annoying. Not everyone has the same opinion as you.

RaiderNation
10-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I agree Lamar Miller is a decent prospect but not the 1st round talent like Shylo is claiming. Only RB worth taking is Richardson in the 1st.

Matthew Jones
10-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Nailed the needs but I think both picks are reaches.

49erNation85
10-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Good pick for SF.CB is still a huge need.Wouldn't mind a big time WR.

bengalbuck
10-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I agree Lamar Miller is a decent prospect but not the 1st round talent like Shylo is claiming. Only RB worth taking is Richardson in the 1st.

I might be with Shylo on this. He is a track guy who should run a sub 4.4 and maybe even 4.3. But he's the rare guy with that type of speed who also has a bit of power, vision, moves, etc.

I think he's a close 2nd to Richardson if Trent's reported 40 speed is legit.

And I think with the success of guys like DMC, Jamaal Charles, CJ, ADP, J. Best, etc. teams are willing to invest a 1st round pick if a guy has that elite speed and can be an every down back.

I buy the argument that the NFL is trending towards RBBC and we'll see less and less 1st round RBs, but I also feel the demand for these rare sub 4.4 guys that can do it all will push a guy like Lamar Miller into the 1st round.