Green Bay @ Chicago
Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis

Monday
Washington @ Dallas

Discuss.

Breed
09-20-2011, 09:31 PM
We're gonna blow out the Giants!

Don't know which game to watch at 4 though?

The Pack vs Da Bears or ATL vs TB ????

V.I.P
09-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Game of the week, Sunday 4pm at Raymond James Stadium....

vidae
09-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Chiefs will only lose to the Chargers by 40, which will be a vast improvement.

Raiderz4Life
09-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Da Raidas with the upset special lol

bucfan12
09-20-2011, 10:28 PM
The Sunday night game is going to be sad to watch.

Complex
09-20-2011, 10:43 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0919/pg2_e_TMQ-0920_576.jpg

funny

Hurricanes25
09-20-2011, 11:10 PM

Yup. The game will be over 10 minutes in.

SuperMcGee
09-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Naaman Roosevelt was signed from the practice squad, so I'm pretty sure he's going to catch a Hail Mary shortly before we tear down the uprights.

yodabear
09-21-2011, 12:05 AM
If the Rams don't win soon, I live on the 24th floor of a 26 floor building.....

RaiderNation
09-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Raiders vs Jets will be closer than people think, especially if we get back a few WRs.

Finz99
09-21-2011, 01:17 AM
If the Rams don't win soon, I live on the 24th floor of a 26 floor building.....

If the Dolphins don't win soon, I'll be completely understanding because they're a really ****** team.

descendency
09-21-2011, 01:50 AM

If Brady throws for 400+ yards against Buffalo, Dan Marino may be renting a room on floor 26.

Ness
09-21-2011, 04:09 AM
I really don't know what to think against the Bengals. I'm guessing they beat us. Dalton probably has a career day.

nepg
09-21-2011, 04:22 AM
I had the Bengals pegged as a lot better than people were giving them credit for before the season, but the 49ers should be the favorite to win that game and I expect them to win pretty easily.

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 07:06 AM
It shouldn't be too early to flex out of that.

Unbiased
09-21-2011, 08:05 AM
It's official now that Gabbert will start at Carolina.

CJSchneider
09-21-2011, 08:13 AM
I just watched the Robinson - Maclin video. For the record, I don't think Robinson meant to hit Maclin in the helmet. I do think he wanted to separate Maclin from the ball (and Maclin's chest from the rest of his body for that matter). What I do think is that Robinson executes with poor form and would probably be even more punishing if he learned to stick his face-mask in someone's chest as opposed to trying to jar the ball loose with the shoulder/upper arm shiver move he tries.

Splat
09-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Giants’ Rolle: I don’t want any excuses when we put it on the Eagles (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/21/giants-rolle-i-dont-want-any-excuses-when-we-put-it-on-the-eagles/)

“I don’t want any excuses when we go down there and put it to ‘em (http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/rolle_hopes_vick_will_start_for_PCJwWTv8Z6USWnzEm5 smNM),” Rolle said Tuesday on WFAN, via the New York Post.

Rolle also said he’s looking forward to shutting down the Eagles’ big-play receiver, DeSean Jackson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4659/desean-jackson).

“I’ve handled DeSean Jackson one-on-one before,” Rolle said, “and I don’t see why I wouldn’t be able to do it again.”

Jvig43
09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Because that worked out so well last time haha.

scottyboy
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Antrel...why? just....why?

killxswitch
09-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Time to watch the Colts get destroyed again. Lucas Oil will be 1/3 Steelers fans at least.

Smooth Criminal
09-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Steelers fans always travel well and Indy isn't that bad of a drive. Wish I didn't have Monday morning class or I'd make the trip, ticket prices are plummeting.

Giantsfan1080
09-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Jackson didn't do much against us last year in the passing game. I think it was like 7 or 8 catches for under 100 yards in both games combined.

bucfan12
09-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Jackson didn't do much against us last year in the passing game. I think it was like 7 or 8 catches for under 100 yards in both games combined.

Yet, that punt return will always haunt them

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
How will the NFL screw the Bears in Chicago this week?

DUN DUN DUNNNN.

BeerBaron
09-21-2011, 12:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/21/eagles-shuffle-linebackers/

Because that is...logical....Eagles.

"Hey, these guys suck, so lets just reorder them! That will surely make them better!"

Breed
09-21-2011, 12:56 PM

"Hey, these guys suck, so lets just reorder them! That will surely make them better!"

Casey Matthews is a 2nd stringer at best, moving him to week side isn't gonna help.

BeerBaron
09-21-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm guessing the Eagles were hoping that Casey could be the Eli to Clay's Peyton, but right now, Casey doesn't even look like Tim Hasselbeck to Matt.

V.I.P
09-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Arrelious Been currently leads the league in dropped passes :/

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Mike Tolbert leads the league in receptions.
Forte and Sproles are two off the pace.

The NFL is becoming just like a video game.

Breed
09-21-2011, 02:16 PM

I hate when i'm playing Madden, and my opponent keeps dumping it off to their running back...

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I hate when i'm playing Madden, and my opponent keeps dumping it off to their running back...

I always like making a power RB a FB and then my RB and FB rush for 1,200+ a piece haha

yo123

The game should stop making it so damn easy then.

tjsunstein
Essentially my point and as you can see in today's NFL, it's not unrealistic.

BeerBaron
09-21-2011, 02:21 PM

I usually hate it when people say "such and such a player is on pace for XXXX stats" because it almost always balances out eventually.

But this may be a case of one of the ones that works out:

Forte is on pace for about 800 yards rushing....1600 yards receiving. And he's a god damned running back.

The NFL is becoming Madden. The last Madden I bought was the one where VY and Reggie Bush were rookies, and I always liked trading for a whole team of rookies to play with. By dumping off to Bush and having him break insanely long runs (he was unfuckingstoppable in that game...) he totaled about 4000 yards offense.

tjsunstein
09-21-2011, 02:23 PM
I usually hate it when people say "such and such a player is on pace for XXXX stats" because it almost always balances out eventually.

Forte is on pace for about 800 yards rushing....1600 yards receiving. And he's a god damned running back.

The NFL is becoming Madden.
I don't anticipate a RB to lead the league in receptions at all, and don't know if that's ever happened, but we will see a large spike in the number of RBs in the Top 50 of receptions.

Breed
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM

The NFL is becoming Madden.

The NFL is going to suck pretty soon?

Complex
09-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Casey Matthews is a 2nd stringer at best, moving him to week side isn't gonna help.

He just needs to get bigger and faster like his brother did.

BeerBaron
09-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't anticipate a RB to lead the league in receptions at all, and don't know if that's ever happened, but we will see a large spike in the number of RBs in the Top 50 of receptions.

Like I said, I believe these things normally balance themselves out. But this year is just ridiculous enough that I wouldn't put it past actually happening.

And apparently Larry Centers of the Cardinals has the most ever receptions in a single season by a running back:

n 1995, Centers had one of the greatest seasons of any fullback, recording a whopping 101 receptions for 962 yards. As of 2010, the 101 receptions are the most in a single season for a running back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Centers

I don't know if he led the league overall, but that is a **** ton of receptions.

yo123
09-21-2011, 02:33 PM
Larry Centers is 19th on the all time receptions list. Pretty impressive. If you would have asked me who the leader in receptions is as a RB I would have said Marshall Faulk pretty confidently but he's 25th.

mau5
09-21-2011, 02:33 PM

*cough* HGH *couch*

Breed
09-21-2011, 02:34 PM

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/GOT-STEROIDS-Funny-T-Shirt-NEW-Black-ALL-SIZES-/23/!BzCohEgBmk~$%28KGrHqN,!i0Ew5leyiIMBMUOlwtDPw~~_35 .JPG

bantx
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
I expect a big game from both Ryan Mathews and Tolbert especially Tolbert with that fumble on his mind. I wonder what the line will be for this game.

EDIT Chargers give 14.5 points lol

SickwithIt1010
09-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Nevermind, already been said.

SickwithIt1010
09-21-2011, 03:40 PM

That is the only position we just FAIL to address. One time, just ONE time....can we just draft a linebacker early in the draft?

BeerBaron
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
That is the only position we just FAIL to address. One time, just ONE time....can we just draft a linebacker early in the draft?

It's probably a good idea when the best in-season fix you can come up with is a Chinese fire drill of the LB corps.

But, it probably won't happen as long as Reid is coach. I said it Sunday night that the Wide 9 might not be too bad if you had some enforcer types at LB. None of the guys you have are anything close to enforcers though...

nepg
09-21-2011, 04:20 PM
I'm guessing the Eagles were hoping that Casey could be the Eli to Clay's Peyton, but right now, Casey doesn't even look like Tim Hasselbeck to Matt.
That's not fair :(. Tim was just undersized. He was a better QB than Matt, he just didn't have the physicals.

ElectricEye
09-21-2011, 04:47 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/nfl-warns-teams-about-faking-injuries/2011/09/21/gIQAm2lWlK_story.html

NFL has apparently warned teams about faking injuries in wake of the Giants thing being captured on video and played over and over again haha. I'm MORE than ok with that. Get that stuff out of the game.

Complex
09-21-2011, 04:49 PM
How will they know?

OzTitan
09-21-2011, 05:19 PM
The NFL is going to suck pretty soon?

GMs will turn up to work one day, and bam - they'll have the sudden urge to release good vets for no reason, ignore their headcoach's scheme, stockpile at weird positions, and the drafting process will progressively get less and less featured from offseason to offseason.

I just hope the Titans are the human controlled team :P

Raiderz4Life
09-21-2011, 05:21 PM
GMs will turn up to work one day, and bam - they'll have the sudden urge to release good vets for no reason, ignore their headcoach's scheme, stockpile at weird positions, and the drafting process will progressively get less and less featured from offseason to offseason.

I just hope the Titans are the human controlled team :P

you mean the NFL will be handed over to David Kahn?

Complex
09-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Police said a package containing 2 1/2 pounds of marijuana was delivered from Eureka, Calif., to the suburban Kentucky home of Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Tuesday, where authorities say they conducted a search and allegedly found 6 more pounds of marijuana inside.

Michelle Gregory, spokeswoman for the California Department of Justice, confirmed to the Cincinnati Enquirer a report published by CaliforniaWatch.org, a group of investigative journalists, on Wednesday night, which detailed the operation. It was initiated by a special marijuana task force after agents discovered a suspicious package at a commercial sorting facility in Sacramento.Simpson's teammate, offensive tackle Anthony Collins, was also present when a woman, identified as Aleen Smith, 27, accepted the package on Tuesday. All three were questioned at the residence, but no arrests were made at the time.

Simpson told police that he lived at the residence and gave officers consent to search the premises, Gregory said. Police allegedly found other empty parcels, scales and packaging material inside Simpson's home.

"The house was set up as a potential distribution network," said Tommy LaNier, head of the National Marijuana Initiative, a group that is funded by the Office of National Drug Control Policy and helps coordinate marijuana enforcement operations around the United States. "They had it all set up to receive supplies of high-grade marijuana from Northern California, and from there, it was being distributed from that residence," LaNier told California Watch.

All the packages were sent from an area of Northern California known as the "Emerald Triangle," LaNier said. The area is known for producing large amounts of marijuana.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said he had heard rumors of the bust but had no further comment.

"There’s nothing of substance in the development of rumors that we’re aware of," he said. "There’s nothing to hang a hat on at this point."

Simpson had four catches for 136 yards last week in a 24-22 loss to the Denver Broncos.

link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822750c8/article/feds-home-of-bengals-simpson-a-pot-distribution-center?module=HP11_headline_stack)

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 05:36 AM
8.5 pounds of pot. That is an absurd amount of pot.

prock
09-22-2011, 05:43 AM
I cannot even comprehend that much pot.

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 05:46 AM
We're talking like, a lot of pot. A LOT of pot.

Something like this:

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/2592/alot_of_weed1.jpg

MetSox17
09-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Not that it has anything to do with the story, but down here, people get caught every day with kilos by the HUNDREDS. I'm a little desensitized to pot busts, so 8lbs doesn't seem like a lot. Although a pound down here sells for about a buck twenty, where in Ohio i imagine it sells for at least a thousand five.

tjsunstein
09-22-2011, 07:23 AM
So, what are the chances Jerome Simpson gets away with it if he passes another drug test and claims he was unaware of it? If you're an NFL player, you don't need the income from drug trafficking. At least I didn't think so until now. But 8.5 pounds is a massive amount. They already had 6 in the house, so why was another 2.5 on the way? Was the 6 pounds not enough? I don't get it. And to think that Anthony Collins was even there to get the package is blowing my mind. Then no arrests were made. No arrests? What?

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Pot is becoming less and less of a big deal in a lot of places. But with that much, it's really weird that there were no arrest though...

Maybe it's a situation where Simpson owns more than one house and was claiming he didn't know?

And yeah MetSox, 8 pounds in Ohio is a lot bigger of a deal than it would be down south.

Breed
09-22-2011, 08:44 AM
I remember when i was a street pharmacist back in the day, i made good money, plus didn't pay any taxes.

bantx
09-22-2011, 08:48 AM
picked up Dexter McCluster the best part is he's listed as a WR so he'll get RB points while in the WR position should I bench Fitz Britt or Aj Green for McCluster this week? I'm hesitant only because the Chiefs have been lacking at producing an offense, but RB points > WR Points.

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 08:50 AM
picked up Dexter McCluster the best part is he's listed as a WR so he'll get RB points while in the WR position should I bench Fitz Britt or Aj Green for McCluster this week? I'm hesitant only because the Chiefs have been lacking at producing an offense, but RB points > WR Points.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/kenny-britts-hamstring-bothering-him-again/

This may help your decision, although I'd hold off for a little bit to see how McCluster gets used and just how much he gets used. I have to figure that Jones will be their primary running back, with McCluster being a 3rd down back/slasher.

BTW, Kenny Britt seems really freaking popular around here. Who doesn't have Britt on their fantasy team? I blame this on Scotty.

Nalej
09-22-2011, 08:52 AM
I don't have Britt on my teams. I wasn't a believer in Hasselback though.

Da-Phins
09-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Arrelious Been currently leads the league in dropped passes :/

Give it a week or two then it will be Brandon Marshall.

Da-Phins
09-22-2011, 10:28 AM
link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822750c8/article/feds-home-of-bengals-simpson-a-pot-distribution-center?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Nooo not a player from the Bengals. You never hear any of them getting in trouble. Their perfect angels. Im shocked I tell ya!

bantx
09-22-2011, 10:50 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/kenny-britts-hamstring-bothering-him-again/

This may help your decision, although I'd hold off for a little bit to see how McCluster gets used and just how much he gets used. I have to figure that Jones will be their primary running back, with McCluster being a 3rd down back/slasher.

BTW, Kenny Britt seems really freaking popular around here. Who doesn't have Britt on their fantasy team? I blame this on Scotty.

Loved Britt since last year and hope this hamstring isn't a major problem he's one of my biggest scorer for my WR's

marshallb
09-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Vikings punter Chris Kluwe with some gold (http://lockerz.com/s/140947305)

Giantsfan1080
09-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Looks like Osi and Mario are not playing for the Giants on Sunday either. I give us less than a 5% chance at this game.

Pat Sims 90
09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Pot is becoming less and less of a big deal in a lot of places. But with that much, it's really weird that there were no arrest though...

Maybe it's a situation where Simpson owns more than one house and was claiming he didn't know?

And yeah MetSox, 8 pounds in Ohio is a lot bigger of a deal than it would be down south.

Not really. In some parts it is but not in the bigger citys or around where i live. I had a Kid i went to school get busted with 50 pounds of pot.

Complex
09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Looks like Osi and Mario are not playing for the Giants on Sunday either. I give us less than a 5% chance at this game.

Justin Tuck playing? If he is then you shouldn't worry to much, JPP will dominate.

JBCX
09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Justin Tuck playing? If he is then you shouldn't worry to much, JPP will dominate.

JPP did next to nothing against the Rams. Who's to say he will do anything against the Eagles, who have a better O-Line? Jason Peters is one of the NFL's elite LTs.

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 01:09 PM
JPP did next to nothing against the Rams. Who's to say he will do anything against the Eagles, who have a better O-Line? Jason Peters is one of the NFL's elite LTs.

The Eagles most certainly do not have a better o-line than the Rams.

JBCX
09-22-2011, 01:12 PM
The Eagles most certainly do not have a better o-line than the Rams.

They most certainly have a better left tackle, at the very least. That's the player JPP will most likely be matched up against.

Giantsfan1080
09-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Our WR corps is going to consist of Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Devin Thomas. Excuse me while I go puke. Even if we hold them defensively I'm not sure how many points we can really expect to put up.

BeerBaron
They most certainly have a better left tackle, at the very least. That's the player JPP will most likely be matched up against.

Alright, that one I'll give you. Although Saffold is no slouch.

Raiderz4Life

Peter's isa so overrated but of course an Eagle's fan that wants his team to do well will say otherwise.

Jughead10
09-22-2011, 01:16 PM

I don't think that's the point. The Mario loss hurts more. Eli will be throwing to Nicks and .......

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Our WR corps is going to consist of Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Devin Thomas. Excuse me while I go puke. Even if we hold them defensively I'm not sure how many points we can really expect to put up.

At least it sort of renders their defense's greatest strength, corners, kind of useless since they'll be covering guys they're far superior too (Nicks isn't bad, but Nnamdi is kind of overkill on him...). Just run right at their Wide 9. God knows they won't stop you.

JBCX
09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Peter's isa so overrated but of course an Eagle's fan that wants his team to do well will say otherwise.

Did you watch that Sunday Night Game? Collinsworth specifically singled out Peters on multiple plays. He absolutely stonewalled Jonathan Abraham so badly on every passing play that the Falcons rotated Abraham to the LDE spot so he could actually have an impact in the game. Peters also drove DL and LBs up the field in run blocking as if they were on roller skates.

Raiderz4Life
09-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Did you watch that Sunday Night Game? Collinsworth specifically singled out Peters on multiple plays. He absolutely stonewalled Jonathan Abraham so badly on every passing play that the Falcons rotated Abraham to the LDE spot so he could actually have an impact in the game. Peters also drove DL and LBs up the field in run blocking as if they were on roller skates.

lulzwrong.

Abraham asked to be on that side so he could rush from Vick's blind side.

JBCX
09-22-2011, 01:24 PM
At least it sort of renders their defense's greatest strength, corners, kind of useless since they'll be covering guys they're far superior too (Nicks isn't bad, but Nnamdi is kind of overkill on him...). Just run right at their Wide 9. God knows they won't stop you.

The #1 problem for the Eagles against the Falcons was their complete inability to stop Tony Gonzalez a.) in the red zone and b.) on crucial 3rd downs. If the Eagles could actually cover Gonzalez that night, they probably beat the Falcons in a 31-14 type of blowout.

There were maybe 2-3 big Turner running plays. 1-2 in the first quarter and a big one in the fourth quarter, but other than that they kept him mostly in check.

So how does this affect the Giants? They won't be able to win the game just by "running the ball" on the Eagles defense. That's not going to cut it. The biggest weakness of the Eagles defense is covering the TE, by far, and as far as I know, the Giants don't have any stud TEs on their roster (any more, after Boss left).

Giantsfan1080

We really should just try and run the ball 45+ times in this game but our coaching is to stubborn for that. They could double team Nicks with Nnamdi and whoever else they want and still have Asante and DRC to cover the scrubs that we'll be throwing out. My expectations for this game are nil.

killxswitch
I don't think that's the point. The Mario loss hurts more. Eli will be throwing to Nicks and .......

Throw it to Bradshaw! At least 10 times!

Complex
09-22-2011, 01:29 PM
We really should just try and run the ball 45+ times in this game but our coaching is to stubborn for that. They could double team Nicks with Nnamdi and whoever else they want and still have Asante and DRC to cover the scrubs that we'll be throwing out. My expectations for this game are nil.

The Eagles run D sucks all the Giants need to do is run the ball.

JBCX
09-22-2011, 01:29 PM
There really is no excuse whatsoever for the Eagles to give up more than 14 points, max, in this game.

Cover Nicks with Nnamdi, cover the other guy with Samuel, and then put 8 men in the box on every down to stop the running game.

Breed
09-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Peters is overrated.

Jughead10
09-22-2011, 01:38 PM
The Eagles run D sucks all the Giants need to do is run the ball.

I agree. We have 3 quality backs to distribute a crap ton of carries. We should, but like GF said we won't. I hope Brandon Stokely can figure out the offense quickly. We also don't have the best offense for players off the street to come in and learn quickly.

Go_Eagles77
09-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Peters is overrated.

Seriously dude? He looks amazing in Howard Mudd's scheme and has dominated so far this year. He's single-handedly responsible for at least half of LeSean McCoy's rushing yards and has done very well in pass-pro.

I'm assuming you think Asante Samuel's over-rated too just because everyone says he is, when in fact both are so widely considered to be over-rated, that they are now under-rated. Sure, both under-achieved at one point in their careers, but lately have more than lived up to expectations.

killxswitch
09-22-2011, 01:52 PM
I agree Samuel has gone from good to overrated to underrated.

Complex
09-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Benson suspended 3 games.source ESPN

jrdrylie
09-22-2011, 04:04 PM

I expect this will get overturned. The players were locked out so I expect the courts to rule that Goodell has no right to suspend players for their actions during the lockout.

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 04:48 PM
I expect this will get overturned. The players were locked out so I expect the courts to rule that Goodell has no right to suspend players for their actions during the lockout.

There are no courts. Goodell reviews the decisions that...Goodell...made.

Anywho, Seattle benches Aaron Curry:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/aaron-curry-is-headed-to-the-bench/

Sad...I thought he was going to beast all over the NFL. I hope he gets a second chance somewhere else if this move ends up being permanent.

V.I.P
09-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Shocker: Bucs are blacked out on Sunday

Mr.Regular
09-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Who should I pick in a Survivor Pool this week? I've used SD and PIT... I don't see many good options....maybe NE, but I like to stick with home teams if I can....hmmmm

descendency
09-22-2011, 05:33 PM
We need an "Awesome stuff Kluwe does" thread.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/chris-kluwe-is-back-at-the-whiteboard/

ElectricEye
09-22-2011, 05:40 PM
We need an "Awesome stuff Kluwe does" thread.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/chris-kluwe-is-back-at-the-whiteboard/

That's fantastic and I endorse the sentiment wholeheartedly.

Pat Sims 90
09-22-2011, 05:44 PM

Good it gives Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard more touchs.

NotRickJames
09-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Benson is going to play this week.

Blessing in disguise for the Bengals. Benson isn't that good. I've always thought Scott should get more touches

Brown Leader
09-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Gates foot acting up again.

Rotoworld:This is becoming a legitimate concern. Gates was obviously at less than full strength against the Patriots. A team insider told Pro Football Weekly last week that Gates can rule out being 100 percent healthy "for the rest of his career," as the injury has robbed him of the speed and athleticism needed as a vertical threat. Reliable beat writer Kevin Acee is giving Mike Tolbert (calf) a better chance than Gates to play this week.

Is this the same foot injury from when he was crouched and let up on the play and a guy tackled him because he hadn't been touched? That is f **** d. What a shame for a HOF caliber talent to get such a fluke injury that never goes away and diminishes him.

scottyboy
09-22-2011, 08:27 PM
MORE BRIAN LEONARD TOUCHES!
<3
i like him. lots

jrdrylie
09-22-2011, 08:52 PM
There are no courts. Goodell reviews the decisions that...Goodell...made.

Anywho, Seattle benches Aaron Curry:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/aaron-curry-is-headed-to-the-bench/

Sad...I thought he was going to beast all over the NFL. I hope he gets a second chance somewhere else if this move ends up being permanent.

I know Goodell is the first and the last judge on character issues in the NFL. But if the players union decides to, they could take this to a a labor court and they would almost certainly win.

Who should I pick in a Survivor Pool this week? I've used SD and PIT... I don't see many good options....maybe NE, but I like to stick with home teams if I can....hmmmm

I'm going with San Diego... but since you already used them, I think Detroit would be the best bet.

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 08:55 PM
I know Goodell is the first and the last judge on character issues in the NFL. But if the players union decides to, they could take this to a a labor court and they would almost certainly win.

I don't think they can. This was one of the last minute hangups of the labor deal, and as I understand it, they basically allowed Goodell to keep all the decision making power when it comes to discipline.

Plus, it would likely take longer than the games he's suspended for before the court could hear his case. He might be able to get back the lost game checks if they win, but the games will be missed.

jrdrylie
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't think they can. This was one of the last minute hangups of the labor deal, and as I understand it, they basically allowed Goodell to keep all the decision making power when it comes to discipline.

Plus, it would likely take longer than the games he's suspended for before the court could hear his case. He might be able to get back the lost game checks if they win, but the games will be missed.

I know Goodell kept all the power, but did they agree that they were still under the Personal Conduct Policy during the lockout? If they did, they are morons. Teams didn't pay them, provide them facilities, or medical care but they were still allowed to legislate how they acted? There is no way that would stand up in court. But I guess the players didn't think about this because they just wanted to get back on the field.

Complex
09-22-2011, 09:35 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/jamaal-charles.jpg

BeerBaron
09-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Is that forreal? Cause that is a lowwww blow NFL.com.

Raiderz4Life
09-22-2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/jamaal-charles.jpg

Edit: Nvm it showed up...ahaha that's sooo bad...wth NFL.com lol

Breed
09-22-2011, 10:16 PM

Yeah saw it on NFL.com a couple day ago, thought it was pretty funny...

descendency
09-23-2011, 01:13 AM

Fantasy football is a low blow to real football.

vidae
09-23-2011, 02:03 AM
They took that ad down, apologized, and replaced it with some Wes Welker ad, lols.

Complex
09-23-2011, 02:22 AM
The NFL made the kickoff change during the offseason, saying it wanted to reduce the number of returns because there were a disproportionate number of injuries on kickoff plays.

The league has not made public any data from the 2010 season to support that assertion. The New York Times reported that in 2009, the league documented an average of seven injuries occurring per every 100 kicking plays compared to five injuries on every 100 non-kicking plays.

LINK (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110923/SPORTS01/309230089/Touchbacks-hamper-Titans?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports%20Tennessee %20Titans)

I remember people arguing about this.

bantx
09-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Garay fined 15k for playing football :l

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0920/bos_a_brady1x_300.jpg

The helmet was over the knee? If I remember correctly Garay was taken to the ground and attempted to play hard and try to make a sack. But the player that drove Rivers to the ground and got a roughing the passer penalty gets no fine :l

Jvig43
09-23-2011, 11:56 AM

The helmet was over the knee? If I remember correctly Garay was taken to the ground and attempted to play hard and try to make a sack. But the player that drove Rivers to the ground and got a roughing the passer penalty gets no fine :l

He got a fine, and no he tackled him, he didn't drive him to the ground. What the F does driving to ground mean over tackling anyway?

bantx
09-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Didn't know he was fine and I was just trying to compare situations of 2 players trying to play football no knock on the hit i was trying to make a point of them not being consistent in their fines regardless both shouldnt have been fined.

Jvig43
09-23-2011, 12:18 PM
Didn't know he was fine and I was just trying to compare situations of 2 players trying to play football no knock on the hit i was trying to make a point of them not being consistent in their fines regardless both shouldnt have been fined.

Yeah I just hated the terms they used in "driving to the ground", I think the reaching for the knee thing is kind of silly too, are you supposed to just sit there and let him throw the ball if youre on the ground right next to him?

no bare feet
09-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Yeah I just hated the terms they used in "driving to the ground", I think the reaching for the knee thing is kind of silly too, are you supposed to just sit there and let him throw the ball if youre on the ground right next to him?

only when it's Tom Brady.

diabsoule
09-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Jonathan Vilma is out for the Saints against Houston this week and Tracy Porter is listed as questionable and is unlikely to play.

BeerBaron
09-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Jonathan Vilma is out for the Saints against Houston this week and Tracy Porter is listed as questionable and is unlikely to play.

I'm glad I picked Houston to win this week.

tjsunstein
09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
If there was one team guaranteed to win this week, who would you pick? I'm stuck in one of my football pools. San Diego is the only team I cannot pick.

Giantsfan1080
09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
If there was one team guaranteed to win this week, who would you pick? I'm stuck in one of my football pools. San Diego is the only team I cannot pick.

Hard not to say the Steelers in this situation.

BeerBaron
09-23-2011, 02:58 PM

Pittsburgh or Detroit I think. They're probably the ones I feel most confident in other than the San Diego game.

Complex
09-23-2011, 03:01 PM

Titans? they play the broncos but IDK they failed against the Luke McCown led Jags and destroyed the Ravens.

yodabear
09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
If I was a ref, I'd always have a mini skirt in my pocket to give to the QBs when they whine about hits. Ur a ******* football player, u can be touched.

diabsoule
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
DT John Abraham and CB Kelvin Hayden have been ruled out of Sunday's game for the Falcons; LB Stephen Nicholas questionable; C Todd McClure probable

diabsoule
09-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Carolina over Jacksonville. Carolina has been very competitive in back to back weeks and Jacksonville hasn't looked very good plus will be starting Gabbert in his first NFL game

Bulldogs
09-23-2011, 03:16 PM
DT John Abraham and CB Kelvin Hayden have been ruled out of Sunday's game for the Falcons; LB Stephen Nicholas questionable; C Todd McClure probable

John Abraham or Jon Babineaux??? Hopefully you are not talking about Abraham.

yodabear
09-23-2011, 03:19 PM

I'd go Pittsburgh......

descendency
09-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Garay went to the ground on his own. He is lucky it's only 15k.

nepg
09-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Not only that, but he grabbed the knee and twisted it to get Brady down. That one was really bad on Garay. He didn't even get flagged on that one.

Stupid fine is more like Andre Carter putting a perfect form tackle on Rivers and getting flagged and fined.

J-Mike88
09-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Garay went to the ground on his own. He is lucky it's only 15k.
^ I normally piss off Patriot Nation, but he's 100% right here. ^
Cheap shots to the knees of QB's like that can and need to be avoided. And not just on Brady, but even non-star QBs like McNabb, Cutler, Alex Smith even.

Of course defensive players don't give a rat's @ss if they injure the QB.
In fact, many times they want to take QB's out & sometimes are stupid enough to admit it.

Now the love-taps on the QB's helmets drawing personal foul penalties are asinine.
I mean let's use some common sense here.

No QB has gotten hurt from a finger tapping the top or side of his helmet, yet occasionally (when the ref feels like it), that draws a 15-yard penalty.

J-Mike88
09-23-2011, 05:33 PM
I hate to go with road teams, but I cannot see Baltimore losing at the Goats, coming off the loss last week.
Shocker: Bucs are blacked out on Sunday
Are they blacked out in London?

tjsunstein
09-23-2011, 05:33 PM
For those who answered, I decided to go Pittsburgh. If I win (make it all the way through the Super Bowl), I'll consider mailing you guys a check, too. Winner take all is 200k.

BeerBaron
09-23-2011, 06:57 PM
For those who answered, I decided to go Pittsburgh. If I win (make it all the way through the Super Bowl), I'll consider mailing you guys a check, too. Winner take all is 200k.

Pittsburgh is probably the best call. I'll be shocked if they manage to lose to the Colts. That would be even more embarrassing than what happened to them against Baltimore.

bantx
09-23-2011, 08:02 PM
So he's suppose to just watch him threw a pass while he's just chilin on the ground next to him? Oh wait he'll just need to stand up and get in perfect form to tackle brady gtfo of here with that. Might as well play touch football if we're gonna take away intensity from a defensive player.

Auron
09-23-2011, 08:19 PM

Not too worried about Porter not playing, but Vilma being out would be a huge blow to the Defense. Dunbar is a fine backup, but he's no where near as cerebral as Vilma as making the Defensive calls.

Our Offense is going to have to be lights out to keep pace with the Texans attack.

Breed
09-23-2011, 08:38 PM
tjsunstein my new sig is just for you! ;)

jrdrylie
09-23-2011, 08:44 PM

Although I do not agree with your sig at all (Eagles aren't making the playoffs) I'm still a fan of it.

tjsunstein
09-23-2011, 08:48 PM
The Eagles are better than the Packers on paper?
Even that's not true.

V.I.P
09-23-2011, 08:53 PM

haha nice sig, but gotta disagree.

Breed
09-23-2011, 09:15 PM
The Eagles are better than the Packers on paper?
Even that's not true.

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Haters-Gonna-Hate-Banned-In-Hollywood-17.jpg

yodabear
09-23-2011, 09:17 PM
He is talking about the fans. OH SNAP, no I didn't. Yes, I did. A Packer fan called us the Goats in this thread. Therefore, I declare war.

BeerBaron
09-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Please let the Bears/Packers be on TV...please. I hate this whole secondary market BS. Neither the Eagles or Steelers is on at the same time, so you'd think that I'd get the Bears/Packers...but awatch, I'll get the ******* Ravens/Rams. Just watch.

I have a nice, big flat screen TV and I haven't been able to watch the Bears on it yet this year. I guess I'll probably have to watch it again in a little grainy window on my laptop....******* secondary market BS.

</rant>

Go_Eagles77
09-25-2011, 10:39 AM
I love 1:00 games.

BeerBaron
09-25-2011, 10:42 AM
http://nyc.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2011/09/Screen-shot-2011-09-25-at-11.37.23-AM-480x173.png

I mean...he's not wrong. But punters shouldn't talk.

tjsunstein
09-25-2011, 10:43 AM
http://nyc.3432.voxcdn.com/files/2011/09/Screen-shot-2011-09-25-at-11.37.23-AM-480x173.png

Unless you're Chris Kluwe.

BeerBaron
09-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Peyton Hillis is out.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0310/9552/madden-curse_feature.jpg

Madden Curse!!

scottyboy
09-25-2011, 10:52 AM

and the game might be over by 2, so I can cry for an hour, and then do stuff for the rest of the day

DcmRulz
09-25-2011, 10:55 AM
well, my fantasy team's going to get rocked. no hillis no foster, so i'm stuck with felix and tolbert to run for me.

keylime_5
09-25-2011, 10:58 AM
hillis still bothered by strep throat. montario hardesty show us what you got.

Go_Eagles77
09-25-2011, 11:01 AM

He should be thanking Philadelphia, specifically DeSean Jackson, for his job. Matt Dodge would still be the giants' punter if it wasn't for that game last year.

Breed
09-25-2011, 11:01 AM

Yeah same here, but i also love ballinj' on prime time.

ElectricEye
09-25-2011, 11:02 AM
This Bills game is looking more and more like a trap game.

Go_Eagles77
09-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah same here, but i also love ballinj' on prime time.

Like last week?

General Zod
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
The Vikings throwbacks unis look so much better then there current ones.

Breed
09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Like last week?

Who's side on you on?

Go_Eagles77
09-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Who's side on you on?

Haha, just bustin your balls man. I'm obviously an eagles fan but know when to be subjective, and I've talked about how much I hate the whole "dream team" thing ever since it started. I'm excited about the potential of the team, but they need to show me some stuff before I get close to declaring them better than the defending champs.

Da-Phins
09-25-2011, 11:21 AM

Nah, the Bills are overrated. You guys will do fine. They beat the horrible Chiefs and the Raiders now suddenly they are some awesome team. They are still the Bills. Have they improved from last year? Yes, but thats not saying much really.

ElectricEye
09-25-2011, 11:23 AM
I don't know man. Haynesworth and two of our starting defensive backs out vs the NFL's leading rusher and five legitimate targets to throw to who can move the chains doesn't sound good.

tjsunstein
09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
I don't know man. Haynesworth and two of our starting defensive backs out vs the NFL's leading rusher and five legitimate targets to throw to who can move the chains doesn't sound good.
Even then, they can't match Brady in a shootout. If the Pats get just one defensive stop the whole game, they'll win.

BeerBaron
09-25-2011, 11:26 AM

I didn't pick the Pats as the team who'll be the last undefeated because I think you'll lose a shootout one of these weeks. Your defense just doesn't provide much more than a speed bump.

Breed
09-25-2011, 11:35 AM
You can't even watch a damn sports show without them talking mentioning Twitter... Wtf?? Twitter is so lame!!!!

Nalej
09-25-2011, 11:48 AM

Yup. I'm nervous!

Jvig43
09-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Our defense is terrible, just terrible. I really think the Bills are going to have a big shot against us today.

Nalej
09-25-2011, 11:52 AM
We're thin at DT and safety. Here's hoping there's no more injuries.

Breed
09-25-2011, 11:52 AM
So pumped right now, gonna go get drunk see you guys later...

V.I.P
09-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Even thought i dislike Jacksonville, i' will watch anyways to see Newton.

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2011, 12:04 PM
That was ugly, but Cam still completed it.

Brodeur
09-25-2011, 12:07 PM
I hate Adrian Peterson.

DcmRulz
09-25-2011, 12:08 PM
WHY MIAMI? WHY MUST YOU SUBJECT ME TO BROWNS DOLPHINS? (at least i also get the eagles game...)

FuzzyGopher
09-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I hate Adrian Peterson.

You jelly?

V.I.P
09-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Cam is so fun to watch..

FuzzyGopher
09-25-2011, 12:11 PM
God damn we are terrible.

Brodeur
09-25-2011, 12:13 PM
God damn we are terrible.

Bench AD for that drop.

TitanHope
09-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Christ Leroy, stop holding!

And Amano false starts. Bleh.

yo123
09-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Adrian Peterson is the only reason I'm subjecting myself to this right now.

FuzzyGopher
09-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Bench AD for that drop.

And Percy, **** both of them.

DcmRulz
09-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Pressure+bullet pass = Aaron Ross INT.

SolidGold
09-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Anyone else think Gates is pretty much done? It doesn't seem like he can stay healthy.

DcmRulz
Fitz threw an INT too...

Go_Eagles77
Ball bounces off of Steve Smith's hands and gets picked off...

KCJ58
PICK CITY

so many INT's already

SchizophrenicBatman
09-25-2011, 12:17 PM
yo gabba gabbert is already -2 points

M.O.T.H.
Daniel Thomas first career TD.

DcmRulz
Daniel Thomas TD for anyone paying attention to that game.

V.I.P
Daniel Thomas Screen <3

KCJ58
09-25-2011, 12:18 PM
welcome to the NFL Blaine

SAFETY

DcmRulz
Brady is picking that bills D apart.

Brodeur
Double screwup with Backus and Gosder, good work.

yo123
Lol Jared Allen made Backus look silly there.

descendency
Thanks for taking Gabbert Jacksonville... as if Peyton needed anything to extend his career.

M.O.T.H.
Poor Gabbert. lol

yo123
09-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Is FOX making a weird background noise for anyone else? Only during the game, not the commercials.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah I'm getting it too. Probably because the Metrodome was built before television was invented.

V.I.P
Wes Welker 91 receiving yards and it's still 1st quarter

tjsunstein
There's that Gronkowski fellow again.

DcmRulz
Pats TD and Giants TD (beating a dead horse, but Philly's LBs are terrible)

yo123
Alright good. I thought it was my million year old TV.

V.I.P
09-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Grnk in the redzone unstoppable.

bearsfan_51
Tom Brady. Normally good.

Basileus777
Jacobs hahaha

Go_Eagles77
Casey Matthews is garbage.

tjsunstein
Casey Matthews can't even cover Brandon Jacobs.

descendency
The Panthers running game sucks badly.

Hurricanes25
Pats TD and Giants TD (beating a dead horse, but Philly's LBs are terrible)

I'm not sure how Philly let Jacobs get that wide open.

SolidGold
09-25-2011, 12:23 PM
I think I am going to have to start Gronkowski over Witten from now on in FF

V.I.P
Casey Matthews is garbage.

......lol......

Brodeur
Bahahaha Casey Matthews.

M.O.T.H.
Damn Newton is off.

yo123
09-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Lol Phil Loadholt.

bearsfan_51
09-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Suh loves him some penalties. Nevermind, no idea who that is.

yo123
Catch the ball Harvin.

And that is a horrible roughing the passer call.

Brodeur
Are you ******* serious with this ****?

V.I.P
This is my first week watching NFL Redzone, this channel isn't as bad as i thought...

DcmRulz
Hey, Matt Willis TD from Orton, Broncos looked rather decent that drive (though my expectations are pretty low for them this week)

Brodeur
Suh loves him some penalties. Nevermind, no idea who that is.

Wasn't Suh but nice try.

Complex
09-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Come on Cortland

Nalej
I think I am going to have to start Gronkowski over Witten from now on in FF

I start them both :)

FuzzyGopher
We need to just run every down because the offense hasn't mastered this whole passing thing yet.

SchizophrenicBatman
i told you guys casey matthews was garbage last year. he wouldnt even make the ufl if his last name was smith. he has less talent than jordan palmer

Go_Eagles77
......lol......

I've hated the pick ever since we made it. I had some false hope when he was given the starting job to open TC that the coaches saw something in him that I didn't, but I still don't see it...

tjsunstein
09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
There's Suh with the sack.

yo123
Worst third down offense ever.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Suuuuuuuuuuuuh

Nalej
09-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Anyone care to explain the early Fitz pick in the Pats/Bills game. I missed it.

V.I.P
Cam Newton coming back down to earth?

SchizophrenicBatman
Gabbert so far is showing a Clausen-esque ability to get sacked

SolidGold
Is it about time for Crabtree to be labeled a bust?

M.O.T.H.
09-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Mike Pouncey looks like he weighs 250.

jrdrylie
09-25-2011, 12:29 PM
i told you guys casey matthews was garbage last year. he wouldnt even make the ufl if his last name was smith. he has less talent than jordan palmer

Casey Matthews is bad but not Jordan Palmer bad.

Basileus777
09-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Anyone care to explain the early Fitz pick in the Pats/Bills game. I missed it.

It was tipped off Donald Jones' hands, it wasn't Fitz's fault.

tjsunstein
09-25-2011, 12:30 PM
I've hated the pick ever since we made it. I had some false hope when he was given the starting job to open TC that the coaches saw something in him that I didn't, but I still don't see it...
But he's got the bloodlines...

DcmRulz
09-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Wow, lots of line issues in this eagles game

V.I.P

He wasn't already a bust?

jrdrylie
I'm not a fan of these Saints throwbacks. They're numbers, pants, stripes, and helmets are all different shades of gold. Terrible matching.

descendency

Not the surest WR to ever enter the NFL draft. . .

tjsunstein
09-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow, lots of line issues in this eagles game
Anyone but Vick back there and they're out of the game by now.

yo123
Jahvid Best has always looked so average to me.

Nalej
4th and 14... let's go for it

TitanHope
Heya ref. When the return team comes behind a player on the kicking team and blocks him in the back, then that's a penalty.

ElectricEye
09-25-2011, 12:34 PM
Damn, Arrington is having himself a ballgame so far.

Basileus777
Going for it on 4th and 14 in the first quarter?

tjsunstein
The Fightin Fitzpatricks aren't really fighting.

Nalej
K.Arrington with his 2nd pickkkzzzz

V.I.P
Why did the Bills just go for it on 4th & 15 in the 1st? I'm confused.

BeerBaron
Bills just aren't ready for the big leagues.

DcmRulz
09-25-2011, 12:35 PM
'Nother Fitz Pick.

Complex
William Hayes nice hit

LonghornsLegend
LOL@Gosder Cherilius.

Brodeur
Gosder Cherilus is awful today.

yo123
Great start. I wonder how soon we'll start blowing it this week.

SolidGold
Andrew Datko to the Lions?