View Full Version : Pete Carroll / John Harbaugh Draft Day QB Saga

shylo3716
09-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Sooooo it looks a little something like this

Pete Carroll Head Coach Seattle Seahawks via USC
John Harbaugh Head Coach San Francisco 49ers via Stanford

Andrew Luck QB Stanford
Matt Barkley QB USC

What are the odds heading into the 2012 Draft, that each coach drafts opposing college QB's for their NFL teams, since the QB spot is heavily needed on both teams behalf, with Luck & Barkley being the Top 2 candidates for the position?

BTW has anyone else ever thought of this scenario besides me, because I really think it's interesting?

ChiFan24
09-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Jim Harbaugh.

Carroll would take Luck obviously, but Harbaugh wouldn't take Barkley because he already drafted Kaepernick.

So in that regard, no, it's not that interesting.

shylo3716
09-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Jim Harbaugh.

Carroll would take Luck obviously, but Harbaugh wouldn't take Barkley because he already drafted Kaepernick.

So in that regard, no, it's not that interesting.

If Kaepernick is the guy you say he is, then why isn't he starting over Alex Smith who has been rumored for MANY MANY years to be getting the boot.

Believe you me, there are Tons & Tons of 49ers fans that would take Barkley over Kaepernick in a heartbeat.

ChiFan24
09-21-2011, 09:09 PM
If Kaepernick is the guy you say he is, then why isn't he starting over Alex Smith who has been rumored for MANY MANY years to be getting the boot.

I think Colin Kaepernick is awful. My opinion has nothing to do with Harbaugh's.

bearsfan_51
09-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I think San Fran is more likely at this point to win the NFC West than have a top 2 pick.

phlysac
09-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Believe you me, there are Tons & Tons of 49ers fans that would take Barkley over Kaepernick in a heartbeat.

There are tons of 49ers fans who thrive on hating alot of players. Players are either HOF'ers or utter busts. Rational gray area is lacking.

gpngc
09-21-2011, 10:44 PM
I think San Fran is more likely at this point to win the NFC West than have a top 2 pick.

NFC West Follower (if you're a fan of a team outside of our daycare center don't lie and say you know anything about our division) stamp of approval.

Caulibflower
09-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah. But Arizona's going to win it. (Seattle fan)

gpngc
09-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah. But Arizona's going to win it. (Seattle fan)

I tend to agree. But I think SF's D will keep them in a lot of games. 8-8ish year. And they definitely could outlast Arizona.

I don't think the WHOLE division is THAT BAD anymore. I think it's more that Arizona and San Fran are mediocre teams and St. Louis and Seattle are VERY bad.

LonghornsLegend
09-21-2011, 10:51 PM

http://gifsforum.com/images/image/not%20sure%20if%20serious/grand/not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

ChiFan24
09-21-2011, 11:13 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/image/not%20sure%20if%20serious/grand/not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

Well why the **** is Matt Barkley considered a top 5 lock? I think he's a first round QB that teams will pass on if they think they have a guy and reach for if they don't. I think San Francisco thinks they have a guy. Hence, the reason they drafted him in the first place.