PDA

View Full Version : RavenOfProphecy's 9/22 Mock Draft!

Matthew Jones
09-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Draft order is based on Sports Illustrated's latest power rankings, which appropriate changes made to ensure the right number of playoff teams from each division/conference are represented.

RavenOfProphecy's 9/22 Mock Draft!

1. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Andrew Luck, Stanford*

2. Seattle Seahawks - QB Matt Barkley, Southern California*

3. Indianapolis Colts - OT Matt Kalil, Southern California*

4. Miami Dolphins - QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma*

5. Minnesota Vikings - OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford*

6. Carolina Panthers - WR Alshon Jeffery, South Carolina*

7. Cleveland Browns - WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St.*

8. Cincinnati Bengals - RB Trent Richardson, Alabama*

9. Denver Broncos - DE Quinton Coples, North Carolina

10. San Francisco 49ers - CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama*

11. Tennessee Titans - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame*

12. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Morris Claiborne, Louisiana St.*

13. St. Louis Rams - DT Jerel Worthy, Michigan St.*

14. Oakland Raiders - CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina*

15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OG David DeCastro, Stanford*

16. Dallas Cowboys - DE Jared Crick, Nebraska

17. New York Giants - LB Luke Kuechly, Boston College*

18. Washington Redskins - QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

19. Buffalo Bills - OT Riley Reiff, Iowa*

20. Cleveland Browns (from Falcons) - LB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona St.*

21. San Diego Chargers - DE Devin Taylor, South Carolina*

22. Arizona Cardinals - DE Donte Paige-Moss, North Carolina*

23. Chicago Bears - OG Cordy Glenn, Georgia

24. Houston Texans - WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

25. Detroit Lions - CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia

26. Pittsburgh Steelers - NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington

27. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Matt Reynolds, Brigham Young

28. Baltimore Ravens - C Peter Konz, Wisconsin*

29. New England Patriots (from Saints) - LB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama

30. New York Jets - DE Vinny Curry, Marshall

31. New England Patriots - WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

32. Green Bay Packers - DE Brandon Jenkins, Florida St.*

Not included:

1. RB Lamar Miller, Miami (FL)**

2. OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama**

3. CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.**

Also considered:

1. WR Jeff Fuller, Texas A&M

2. OT Andrew Datko, Florida St.

3. OG Kelechi Osemele, Iowa St.

4. C Michael Brewster, Ohio St.

5. DT Billy Winn, Boise St.

6. LB Zach Brown, North Carolina

7. LB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia

8. CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska

9. CB Cliff Harris, Oregon*

10. FS Robert Lester, Alabama*

tjsunstein
09-22-2011, 07:33 AM
The Packers need to address both DE and OLB so without a stud 3-4 DE on the board, I like the Jenkins pick until one emerges.

I really like what the Browns make out with as well. Burfict behind Phil Taylor and Haden in the secondary gives them their core. Blackmon provides that much needed number 1 target.

stephenson86
09-22-2011, 07:46 AM
If Kansas, Seattle and Indy are bottom 3 I can see 3 QB's going all at once.

bruschis4all
09-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Not sure the Pats should take Broyles. We'll see how the season unfolds. I wanted to upgrade the front 7 in the last two drafts. Hasn't happened yet. I think Upshaw is a good fit if they run a 3-4. Not so sure about where they are going with their 4-3. I like some of the lb's. Looks like they're having good years. I'd lean towards Vinny Curry and Zach Brown at this point. Brown might be a 3-down lb. We're getting killed on the underneath passes. Maybe, Curry can develop into a pass rusher. Hope Oakland really stinks and get Robert Lester with their 2nd or gasp....trade up!! I wouldn't be against trading up in first for; Te'o, Burfict or Kuechly either.

Unbiased
09-22-2011, 09:59 AM
I like that Jags pick.

shylo3716
09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
This is NOT a Mock especially if you did not include Miller Brown Datko Dennard.

Matthew Jones
09-22-2011, 01:18 PM
This is NOT a Mock especially if you did not include Miller Brown Datko Dennard.

I don't see any of those guys as first round locks.

vidae
09-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Pretty much perfect KC pick at this point. Good job.

shylo3716
09-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I don't see any of those guys as first round locks.

Your Mock, my thoughts.....I'm just a peon I don't matter anyway LOL

Matthew Jones
09-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Your Mock, my thoughts.....I'm just a peon I don't matter anyway LOL

Miller will probably end up as one of my top-32 prospects but running backs aren't valued very highly anymore so I could easily see him falling to the second round. Last year, Mark Ingram was considered a top prospect by most and fell to #28 overall. Zach Brown is another guy who should finish the year with a first-round grade, but he is really limited to teams looking for 4-3 weakside linebackers, and not many teams are, or are willing to draft one in the first round. Datko is in competition with Osemele, Reynolds, etc. for one of the spots near the end of the first. Dennard doesn't have any elite skills, so while he has a shot of being picked in the 20s, I think at this point I value him more in the 30-40 range.

shylo3716
09-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Miller will probably end up as one of my top-32 prospects but running backs aren't valued very highly anymore so I could easily see him falling to the second round. Last year, Mark Ingram was considered a top prospect by most and fell to #28 overall. Zach Brown is another guy who should finish the year with a first-round grade, but he is really limited to teams looking for 4-3 weakside linebackers, and not many teams are, or are willing to draft one in the first round. Datko is in competition with Osemele, Reynolds, etc. for one of the spots near the end of the first. Dennard doesn't have any elite skills, so while he has a shot of being picked in the 20s, I think at this point I value him more in the 30-40 range.

Just think.....Bigger better faster Clinton Portis in Miami U days.

Matthew Jones
09-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Just think.....Bigger better faster Clinton Portis in Miami U days.

Portis was a stronger inside runner who could grind it out, and he was also an elite back in terms of pass protection. Miller's pass protection can get pretty ugly, and I've seen him really whiff on a few assignments so far. I'd say Ryan Williams and Felix Jones are some reasonable comparisons for Miller.

shylo3716
09-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Portis was a stronger inside runner who could grind it out, and he was also an elite back in terms of pass protection. Miller's pass protection can get pretty ugly, and I've seen him really whiff on a few assignments so far. I'd say Ryan Williams and Felix Jones are some reasonable comparisons for Miller.

Well just Mock him next go round....It is killing me not seeing him with the year he is having.

Matthew Jones
09-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Well just Mock him next go round....It is killing me not seeing him with the year he is having.

I don't see where he'd really fit in the first round. The highest I'd have him on here is probably to the Broncos in round two, but that would depend on who else was available.

shylo3716
09-22-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't see where he'd really fit in the first round. The highest I'd have him on here is probably to the Broncos in round two, but that would depend on who else was available.

I'm so upset/disappointed! He is a can't miss from The U....We have not had a guy in the 1st since Kenny Phillips.....Lamar is "The Part" he will prove everyone wrong who is mis-projecting /underrating him. By all means I am not being biased, because he is from The U, even if he played for The SEC BIG EAST etc I would be high on him.

prock
09-23-2011, 06:05 AM
I dig Martin. Any LT is awesome at this point.

T-RICH49
09-23-2011, 10:34 AM
1. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Andrew Luck, Stanford**

I love you

Pat Sims 90
09-23-2011, 01:44 PM
Kirkpatrick to the Bengals. Richardson is not worth a top 10 pick

RaiderNation
09-23-2011, 03:51 PM
At this point I'd doubt the Raiders go CB in the first round. We just drafted DVD and Chekwa early and I doubt Al will give up on them this early. We have a major need a WLB where Quinton Groves is the main weakness in our defense and a guy like Zach Brown would be a perfect fit. Has the speed that will catch Al's eye and also can do it all with his pass coverage, run defense and blitzing abilities. Also wouldn't count out a DT

Matthew Jones
09-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Kirkpatrick to the Bengals. Richardson is not worth a top 10 pick

I find Richardson to be a significantly better prospect than Kirkpatrick, and where I had the 49ers taking him, I felt he was somewhat of a reach. Has a very frail, gangly frame and there's a reason you don't see too many cornerbacks that tall in the NFL. I think Richardson could be a Ray Rice type of back.

At this point I'd doubt the Raiders go CB in the first round. We just drafted DVD and Chekwa early and I doubt Al will give up on them this early. We have a major need a WLB where Quinton Groves is the main weakness in our defense and a guy like Zach Brown would be a perfect fit. Has the speed that will catch Al's eye and also can do it all with his pass coverage, run defense and blitzing abilities. Also wouldn't count out a DT

Nice thoughts on CB. I think Bruce Irvin would be more likely than Zach Brown because of his blitzing ability - he recorded 14 sacks last year and should run a 4.5 or so.

Pat Sims 90
09-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I find Richardson to be a significantly better prospect than Kirkpatrick, and where I had the 49ers taking him, I felt he was somewhat of a reach. Has a very frail, gangly frame and there's a reason you don't see too many cornerbacks that tall in the NFL. I think Richardson could be a Ray Rice type of back.

Nice thoughts on CB. I think Bruce Irvin would be more likely than Zach Brown because of his blitzing ability - he recorded 14 sacks last year and should run a 4.5 or so.

Mike Zimmer and Marvin Love Big Defense Players. Richardson does not fit the Bengals style of RBs. Gruden and Lewis love big physical run throught the tackles type back and Richardson is not going to be that in the NFL.

OSUGiants17
09-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Typical Giants pick and I love it, give us a guy like Fuller or Sanu round 2 and I would be a VERY happy man

Matthew Jones
09-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Mike Zimmer and Marvin Love Big Defense Players. Richardson does not fit the Bengals style of RBs. Gruden and Lewis love big physical run throught the tackles type back and Richardson is not going to be that in the NFL.

Not a between the tackles running back? I can't tell if you're joking or not...Richardson runs with a ton of power and has terrific vision.

Pat Sims 90
09-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Not a between the tackles running back? I can't tell if you're joking or not...Richardson runs with a ton of power and has terrific vision.

I have hardly seen any of those traits this year expecailly in the Penn State Game which is the best Defense he has faced so far. Richardson is better off being the 2nd back in a 2 back system. The Bengals don't run a 2 back system they just like to use 1 back for a majority of the time. RBs are just not vauled that much in the NFL anymore the Bengals could pick up a quality back in the 2nd or 3rd round. I remeber last year when Mark Ingram was getting mocked in the top 5 last year to the Bengals and i see the same thing happening to Richardson this year dropping down to late 20's

rawdawg
09-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Uh, Cordy Glenn again. I'd be surprised if the Bears take OL again in the first, unless it's a true Center. Chris Williams has been their best lineman this year at LG, and they really like Lance Louis at RG, and will have Chris Spencer and/or Garza back who can play there. After the debocle by the WRs in New Orleans and with Roy Williams gone after the year, I can see the Bears going after a big WR in the 1st. Michael Floyd has been mocked to the Bears a lot, but I like Fuller better.

49erNation85
09-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Lovely pick for SF.