PDA

View Full Version : Bear Week!

drowe
09-22-2011, 09:50 AM
c'mon. it's thursday. We need to get the hate flowing!

A win could bury the Bears early in the year and help us keep pace with the Lions.
..damn, that sentence would look funny 2-3 years ago.

EvilMonkey
09-22-2011, 06:23 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/304273_2430145595663_1312311357_2956330_1110224873 _n.jpg

bigboiajhawk
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
I expect to see a heavy dose of Matt Forte. I think if we contain Forte and don't have 17 penalties and multiple turnovers we win easily.

drowe
09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
ya. i think it'd be good if Rodgers didn't throw one right at Urlacher's chest. Me thinks he's done that every time we've played the Bears.

TitleTown088
09-22-2011, 11:08 PM
ya. i think it'd be good if Rodgers didn't throw one right at Urlacher's chest. Me thinks he's done that every time we've played the Bears.

As long as those games end the same as the other two he's thrown one right to Urlacher, I'm fine with it. :)

http://sportsbodega.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/rex-grossman-screwed.jpg

tjsunstein
09-22-2011, 11:54 PM
I think Cutler leaves with an injury. I'm pretty concerned for him with Raji and Matthews. I really don't think he makes it through the season with that line.

Not a fan of the later start. I hate waiting until the 4s to watch my team but I guess as long as it takes the spot of what most likely would be an nfc west team, I'm definitely OK with that.

drowe
09-23-2011, 07:06 AM
I think Cutler leaves with an injury. I'm pretty concerned for him with Raji and Matthews. I really don't think he makes it through the season with that line.

yeah, if our front 7 isn't getting their mail forwarded to the chicago backfield by the end of the game, their is officially a problem with our pass rush.

J-Mike88
09-23-2011, 04:43 PM
I expect to see a heavy dose of Matt Forte. I think if we contain Forte and don't have 17 penalties and multiple turnovers we win easily.
Forte is the key, but as much so as a receiver as a runningback I believe.

Sure wish we had Mike Neal (or Cullen Jenkins) for this game as the Bears OL has holes all over it and Cutler is scared ****less back there.

Hopefully Matthews, and So'oto, Walden can cause some turnovers with pressure off the edges, and Hawk or Bish can get home thru the A-gap blitzes and hurry JC into some errant ints.
Just wish #36 would be there for his pick-6 specialty.

PackerLegend
09-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Lets just hope for once that our O can be a little more effective then it has been recently againist the Bears.

cvv84
09-25-2011, 03:49 PM
McCarthy just amazes me sometimes, starts off the game completing pass after pass for 1st downs and then deciedes to start doing this stupid delay handoffs that go nowhere.

Hopefully Bulaga is alright, nice to see him at least walking off the field. Time to wratchet up the pressure on defense.

cvv84
09-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Dear Dom Capers,

Please stop blitzing the CBs

cvv84
09-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Hmm what do you know, a CB blitz and a big play for the Bears. How can you let these guys march 80 yards in 30 seconds? PATHETIC!!

BloodBrother
09-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Pass D looks horrible again. Bears averaging over 10 yards per play and over 20 yards per rec

The concerning thing is that the blitz is being stoned by the bears patchwork OL. This is going to be an issue all year it seems like. 3 weeks in and its the same exact story

once they bring the blitz, it gets picked up and a RB or TE is wide open over the middle of the field who then takes it 30-35+ yards. Awful

not having a viable option opposite Clay hurts big time. Teams just keep keying in on him and taking him out and nobody else can get home. Not getting any interior rush from anybody other than Raji.

The offense needs to improve this year and score more ppg at this rate

BloodBrother
09-25-2011, 04:55 PM
do the packers even have another OLB because I never hear their names?

also, Peprah being exposed in coverage. That is his main weakness(solid vs the run). That big reception to knox was ugly. Got turned around badly and that was it

cvv84
09-25-2011, 05:19 PM
WTF was that? Grant is riding the ball hard and they deciede to go to Starks who goes nowhwere in 3 straight plays?

A TD there would've been huge.

Grant: 10 carries for 85 yards

Starks: 9 carries for 12 yards

cvv84
09-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Pass D looks horrible again. Bears averaging over 10 yards per play and over 20 yards per rec

The concerning thing is that the blitz is being stoned by the bears patchwork OL. This is going to be an issue all year it seems like. 3 weeks in and its the same exact story

once they bring the blitz, it gets picked up and a RB or TE is wide open over the middle of the field who then takes it 30-35+ yards. Awful

not having a viable option opposite Clay hurts big time. Teams just keep keying in on him and taking him out and nobody else can get home. Not getting any interior rush from anybody other than Raji.

The offense needs to improve this year and score more ppg at this rate

This is getting painful to watch. Our defense has fallen apart. They need to get House up to speed ASAP. I'd like to see some more ILB blitzing as well, Hawk and Bishop were really good at it last year.

cvv84
09-25-2011, 05:32 PM
Even when we have them backed up inside their own 5 yard line we can't get pressure.

cvv84
09-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Hey there we go! Finally figured out after 10 rushing attempts in the redzone that we should take a shot at the endzone!

Suck on that Tom Jackson

cvv84
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
This just symbolizes this team so far, pick off a pass and make a huge stop, then on the 1st offensive series you fumble and turn the ball right back over.

Challenge pending....

cvv84
09-25-2011, 05:51 PM
This just symbolizes this team so far, pick off a pass and make a huge stop, then on the 1st offensive series you fumble and turn the ball right back over.

Challenge pending....

Followed up by the very next play with piss poor tackling and a Bears TD.

cvv84
09-25-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't get you McCarthy, why not just run the ball and force them to use their last TO?

BloodBrother
09-25-2011, 06:21 PM
The playcalling in the redzone was baffling. Runs on 1st and 2nd down vs a stout run d? This is a passing team, go with your bread and butter. Go to the TE in the redzone vs the cover 2

The D had hiccups again this week, but they did MUCH better in the 2nd half. Gives me hope for them going forward.

BloodBrother
09-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Newhouse played a great game today. Hopefully Bulaga's injury isnt serious....if anything it looks like perhaps a high ankle sprain, perhaps

in any case, if he has to miss a few weeks I think Newhouse can hold down the fort. Definitely one of the positives today

PackerLegend
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
McCarthy just amazes me sometimes, starts off the game completing pass after pass for 1st downs and then deciedes to start doing this stupid delay handoffs that go nowhere.

This is exactly what I was saying. The exact same thing happened in 2 series. Starks runs for 1 yard, Starks runs for 1 more yard and a short dump pass to Starks for 1 more yard. 3 and out. I know we need to run the ball but Rodgers was basically having his way then we call this.

Starks had a pretty horrible day... what was his line? 10 attempts, 5 yards, 1 fumble 0.5 avg... not sure but I beat thats close.

Grant on the other hand was gashing them. Everytime he touched the ball early on he nearly gained 10 yards. At 1 point he had 10 attempts for 85 yards.

The defense really needs to make some adjustments. Basically everytime we blitz nobody gets home and guys are wide open.

J-Mike88
09-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Grant: 10 carries for 85 yards

Starks: 9 carries for 12 yards
And so many Packer fans hate Grant, think he should have been kicked to the curb.
He might not be as big & strong as Starks, but he's got much better vision.

Starks sometimes gets the least out of a play. Usually he's strong with ball security, but today's fumble kept the game from being an easy win at that point.

Grant got hurt by the way..... might be something like a rib, hopefully not a lung. He's tough as schit though. I love Ryno.

Can't believe the Viqueens choked another one away today.
Way to go for it on 4th & inches late in the game instead of taking the FG, and way to run Toby Gerhart instead of the NFL's best RB Adrian Peterson.
Childress back there?

PackerLegend
09-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Can't believe the Viqueens choked another one away today.
Way to go for it on 4th & inches late in the game instead of taking the FG, and way to run Toby Gerhart instead of the NFL's best RB Adrian Peterson.
Childress back there?

It would have been nice to be on top of the North alone.... but I hate the Vikings so much.. so to have them lose especially the way they did (including weeks 1-2) = PURE GREATNESS

J-Mike88
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM
So this is not a penalty? Guy is in there throwing jabs and straight rights, well after the whistle.... ???

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2011-09/65019742.jpg

TimmG6376
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Funny....I didn't see many people calling for Hester to be tossed for throwing a punch either

J-Mike88
09-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Can you guys imagine this?

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx231/littleelmsports12/sigs%20and%20avatars/VikingsHalves.png