PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Defensive Players

HellonEarth84
09-24-2011, 04:09 PM
What are your thougts on Bama's Defense?

What are your draft projections? Who will bust, who will turn out the best Pro player?

NT Josh Chapman

FS Robert Lester

SS Mark Barron

CB Dre Kirkpatrick

ILB Dont'a Hightower

OLB/DE Courtney Upshaw

RaiderNation
09-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Kirkpatrick is my favorite of the bunch. Top 10 pick and #1 CB at this point IMO. Would be a ideal CB for the Raiders to pick if we do go CB next year

AntoinCD
09-24-2011, 04:19 PM
I like Kirkpatrick for upside and Upshaw and Lester are two guys I really like for the Pats. I think both Hightower and Barron are two of the most overrated prospects in all of college football. Hightower is too hot and cold for me and Barron consistently takes horrible angles looking to make a big play.

Duffman57
09-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Dre Kirkpatrick definitely has the highest upside of the group.

I still think that Upshaw might be the most pro ready pass rusher in the draft, with the technique, leverage and instincts he plays with.

I was never really very impressed with Hightower, never seemed to have enough burst to play OLB in the 34, and just seemed too sluggish to play ILB anywhere.

Dont really know about the rest of um.

RaiderNation
09-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Just to add in on Upshaw, right now I think is value is a mid/late 1st round pick. His stock will really depend in if guys like Brandon Jenkins and Devin Taylor come. They both have better triangle numbers than Upshaw and recently guys like Aldon Smith have risen up into high draft picks even though they play more like mid 1st round picks.