PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

J-Mike88
09-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Maybe I'm the only one who wants to look ahead to this upcoming week.... if so, sorry, see you guys later in the week.

But there are a few JUICY matchups next week I can't wait for.

Detroit @ Dallas
Pittsburgh @ Houston
New England @ Oakland
NY Jets @ Baltimore
Minnesota @ Kansas City

Houston will be called frauds again if they can't get a big win at home and drop to 2-2. They should have won today.
Dallas needs to get healed up before that game or the Lions will maul them.
I love the Raiders.... how is Run DMC getting so many yards? Opposing defenses are gameplanning to contain Jason Campbell?

Vikings or Chiefs can really take a big step towards the Andrew Luck sweepstakes. But don't they both of their young QB of the future? Wasn't Cassell a Pro-Bowler last year? Ponder is the face of that franchise.

Grizzlegom
09-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Good chance this week will be Tony Sparano's final week as a head coach in the National Football League.

Complex
09-25-2011, 10:22 PM
shouldn't you list all the games?

TheBoyWonder22
09-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Good chance this week will be Tony Sparano's final week as a head coach in the National Football League.
I'm gonna go ahead and predict he's fired within the next 3 days.

scottyboy
09-25-2011, 10:27 PM
...come on, classless. Hines does the gameday threads...and on tuesday.

the ******* sunday night game is still on

no me gusta

Jvig43
09-25-2011, 10:32 PM
...come on, classless. Hines does the gameday threads...and on tuesday.

the ******* sunday night game is still on

no me gusta

Not to mention we have a monday night game tomorrow. Mods do what is right here. Poor Hines.

TitanHope
09-25-2011, 10:33 PM
This is all Hines has to live for! Without this, he has nothing! NOTHING!

TheBoyWonder22
09-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Noooo my post count!!!!! Haha jk.

V.I.P
09-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Week 3 isn't complete yet, and list all the games.... Hines is gonna be pissed!

Hurricanes25
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
I refuse to participate in this weekly discussion thread unless justice is served.

TheBoyWonder22
09-25-2011, 11:02 PM
I refuse to participate in this weekly discussion thread unless justice is served.
^participation...

jrdrylie
09-25-2011, 11:08 PM
J-Mike just couldn't help himself. He hasn't started a thread in almost a week.

yodabear
09-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Give him credit, he didn't call the Broncos @ Packers a juicy game he can't wait for.

Nalej
09-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Jason Campbell will throw for 400 yds... at least

MetSox17
09-25-2011, 11:35 PM
This is all Hines has to live for! Without this, he has nothing! NOTHING!

I know you're being facetious, but seeing as how he gets his panties in a bunch when someone else does them, i actually think it's somewhat accurate. And that's very, very sad.

tjsunstein
09-25-2011, 11:37 PM
It is kind of weird that it's just assumed that if Hines doesn't make the thread, then it doesn't really exist...

J-Mike88
09-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Give him credit, he didn't call the Broncos @ Packers a juicy game he can't wait for.
Exactly. But Tebow....

prock
09-26-2011, 09:05 AM
SportsCenter SportsCenter
Breaking News: #Colts owner @JimIrsay says Peyton Manning not expected to play this season

J-Mike88
09-26-2011, 09:07 AM
SportsCenter SportsCenter
Breaking News: #Colts owner @JimIrsay says Peyton Manning not expected to play this season

No shock. Perfect. We had Colts on NBC last night, Monday Night Football next Monday, and back on NBC vs Saints in week 7 as well.
Can they Flex out yet? Nobody, EVEN COLTS FANS, wants to watch Curtis Painter or Kerry Collins.

J-Mike88
09-26-2011, 09:09 AM
OK, Here's the full list of this week's games.
Hines, can you do it on Sunday Nights for now on?

Next week's Monday Nighter is the damn Colts again, at the Josh Freemans. We don't need to wait.

Carolina @ Chicago (Cam Newton... which Cam will we see? The one who lost his first 2 games, or won this week? Wait, bad Cam won, good Cam lost...)
Buffalo @ Cinci (Bungles aren't good, but this is a dangerous trap game for the Bills off the emotional high)
Tennessee @ Cleveland (Will CJ2K find a hole?.... is there a spare Kardashian around?)
Detroit @ Dallas (Boys need their 2 WR weapons healthy for this one)
Pittsburgh @ Houston (Bradshaw vs Pastorini, classic)
New Orleans @ Jacksonville (another blackout in Florida)
Minnesota @ Kansas City (someone HAS to win. Vikings 23, Chefs 13)
San Francisco @ Philadelphia (great game... in the early/mid 90's)
Washington @ St Louis (Grossman vs Bradford)
NY Giants @ Arizona (upset special, Cards will win)
Atlanta @ Seattle (which one of these bird-teams has a playoff win the past 5 years?)
Denver @ Green Bay (Super Bowl 32 rematch)
New England at Oakland (my Fav game of the week)
Miami @ San Diego (thought SD would kill KC yesterday. They should kill Mia)

NYJ @ Baltimore (Sunday Nighter.. Young Guns Sanchez vs Flacco)
Indianapolis @ Tampa Bay, Monday (Another national spotlighter for Curtis the Painter... we'll get the Gruden & Jaws hype on Freeman....best young QB in the National Football League?)

NY+Giants=NYG
09-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Booo! Boo on the upset special!

Smooth Criminal
09-26-2011, 09:24 AM
God help the Steelers if they don't find a replacement for Jon Scott. No way they can keep up scoring with Houston without a better protection.

SolidGold
09-26-2011, 09:30 AM
That Houston/Pitt game should be good.

scottyboy
09-26-2011, 09:52 AM
boo upset special!
and why the hell are you bent on these being on Sunday nights? the games aren't over...it's still week 3. i dont like it

J-Mike88
09-26-2011, 10:15 PM
boo upset special!
and why the hell are you bent on these being on Sunday nights? the games aren't over...it's still week 3. i dont like it
Sorry amigo..... I understand you're crushed over Kenny Britt going down, as am I.

But Vegas already has lines on these games, and even the Mike & Mike's picked some games for next week, today.

You can wait though if you aren't ready.....

J-Mike88
09-26-2011, 10:17 PM
God help the Steelers if they don't find a replacement for Jon Scott. No way they can keep up scoring with Houston without a better protection.
But I think super Mario might be out hurt. That helps.
That Texans defense collapsed against the Saints.....

But you're right,that Pittsburgh offensive line has gotten so soft. What the hell?
That's not Steeler-like anymore.

V.I.P
09-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Next week's Monday Nighter is the damn Colts again, at the Josh Freemans. We don't need to wait.

This made me not so happy.
Monday (Another national spotlighter for Curtis the Painter... we'll get the Gruden & Jaws hype on Freeman....best young QB in the National Football League?)

You made up for it here...

J-Mike88
09-27-2011, 05:09 AM
Lions @ Cowboys, who here picks Dallas now? What heart last night by Romo.

Anyone here willing to go on record and say the Raidaz will give the Patriots their 2nd straight loss? This time, out in the Black Hole?

Former Brady teammate Richard Seymour is going to come hard at the pretty boy dancer.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 07:58 AM
I could see the Raiders playing tough but that Patriots offense I think is going to be too much for Oakland. No way the Pats lose again after collapsing against the Bills. Belichick and Brady won't lose two in a row against Buffalo and Oakland. The last time the Pats lost two in a row was Weeks 12 and 13 in '09.

BeerBaron
09-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Finally a slight break for the Bears. Spending the first three weeks against 3 of the NFC's best (the Falcons are debatable now I suppose) was brutal.

This will be my first extended look at Newton too. I feel like we should win pretty easily, but there's still a bit of worry in the back of my mind.

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't feel right about posting in this thread still.

LonghornsLegend
09-27-2011, 08:36 AM
Lions @ Cowboys, who here picks Dallas now? What heart last night by Romo.

Anyone here willing to go on record and say the Raidaz will give the Patriots their 2nd straight loss? This time, out in the Black Hole?

Former Brady teammate Richard Seymour is going to come hard at the pretty boy dancer.

Newman is possibly out this game, Felix re-aggravated his shoulder too. If we had an answer, or someone to slightly slow down Calvin & Suh on both sides of the ball we would be in good shape, but Stafford should have a field day throwing the ball all over the place.

Start your Detroit Lions in fantasy this week with extreme confidence.

Nalej
09-27-2011, 08:40 AM
...and your Raider WRs

scottyboy
09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
i'm just really praying the Giants can knock Kolb around and triple team Fitz.

oh, and that we don't have a big letdown after a huge emotional win last week, we're really, really good at that

i lovez you fenikz

BuckeyeDan17
09-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Is Kenny Brit good to go against Cleveland? I think Tennessee is a huge test to see what we're made of and Colt needs to bounce back after his way below-average performance last week even though he was great on our last drive. He needs a complete game. Would like to know some Titans fans' thoughts on this game.

TimmG6376
09-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Finally a slight break for the Bears. Spending the first three weeks against 3 of the NFC's best (the Falcons are debatable now I suppose) was brutal.

This will be my first extended look at Newton too. I feel like we should win pretty easily, but there's still a bit of worry in the back of my mind.

Newton seemed to struggle a little bit against the Jags Cover-2, so that is a good sign for the Bears. Now how much of that was the weather? I'm not sure, but the Packers tried to blitz a lot and either didn't get home or he was able to scramble out of it and find the open man. So the better strategy vs Newton seems to be rushing 4 and playing coverage.

Splat
Is Kenny Brit good to go against Cleveland?.

"Receiver Kenny Britt (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt) has a torn ACL (http://twitter.com/#%21/jwyattsports/status/118418071894499329), according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean."

Giantsfan1080
Is Kenny Brit good to go against Cleveland? I think Tennessee is a huge test to see what we're made of and Colt needs to bounce back after his way below-average performance last week even though he was great on our last drive. He needs a complete game. Would like to know some Titans fans' thoughts on this game.

Joking? He's out for the year.

Hines
09-27-2011, 10:22 AM
I know you're being facetious, but seeing as how he gets his panties in a bunch when someone else does them, i actually think it's somewhat accurate. And that's very, very sad.

It doesn't bother me TOO much. If he wants to make it this week, he can.

Hines
09-27-2011, 10:23 AM
But anyways, Mario Williams is going to murder Jon Scott if they both play.

vidae
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Jared Allen is going to live in our backfield, and AD is going to live in the endzone. Ugh.

Splat
09-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Jared Allen is going to live in our backfield, and AD is going to live in the endzone. Ugh.

Dexter will make some plays for the Chiefs before he gets hurt... He is not big enough for the work load he is starting to get.

no bare feet
09-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Richard Seymour will end Tom Brady's career Sunday.

BeerBaron
09-27-2011, 10:55 AM

Not if he only gets 5 touches...

Splat
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Not if he only gets 5 touches...

All 5 will be TD's.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
All 5 will be TD's.
Frazier will find a way to blow that lead too.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:10 AM
It doesn't bother me TOO much. If he wants to make it this week, he can.
I shotgun the Week 5 discussion thread. It'll be up after the 1 o'clock games Sunday...

Sloopy
09-27-2011, 11:26 AM
I could see the Raiders playing tough but that Patriots offense I think is going to be too much for Oakland. No way the Pats lose again after collapsing against the Bills. Belichick and Brady won't lose two in a row against Buffalo and Oakland. The last time the Pats lost two in a row was Weeks 12 and 13 in '09.

I tend to agree with you that Bellichick won't let it happen. Furthermore where the Defense is having problems is against the pass (32nd pass D in the NFL right now) not the run (10th in the NFL). While DMC will get his yards I Believe that the Offense will be to much for the ailing Raiders D and in no way do I think Campbell has a good day despite New Englands deficiencies.

Dallas357
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
New Orleans @ Jacksonville (another blackout in Florida)

this is false

Sloopy
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Newton seemed to struggle a little bit against the Jags Cover-2, so that is a good sign for the Bears. Now how much of that was the weather? I'm not sure, but the Packers tried to blitz a lot and either didn't get home or he was able to scramble out of it and find the open man. So the better strategy vs Newton seems to be rushing 4 and playing coverage.

Agreed, pressure clearly isn't getting to him so make him make the tough reads and possibly give your 4 guys enough time to get there

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:30 AM
That's another thing I wanted to point out. The Pats will come out firing hunting for the first score so they have Oakland's back against the wall in terms of playing their game. I would be shocked if the Pats don't score on their first possession, even if it means going for it on 4th to keep a drive alive just to send a message.

If that does turn out to be the case, does anyone think Jason Campbell can do half of what Fitzpatrick had to do last week? I don't even think Fitzpatrick can do it again in another 99 tries.

Sloopy
09-27-2011, 11:32 AM
That's another thing I wanted to point out. The Pats will come out firing hunting for the first score so they have Oakland's back against the wall in terms of playing their game. I would be shocked if the Pats don't score on their first possession, even if it means going for it on 4th to keep a drive alive just to send a message.

If that does turn out to be the case, does anyone think Jason Campbell can do half of what Fitzpatrick had to do last week? I don't even think Fitzpatrick can do it again in another 99 tries.

Not to mention if they can get them in a whole early you essentially take away DMC and thus their entire offense

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Not to mention if they can get them in a whole early you essentially take away DMC and thus their entire offense
If Hue Jackson abandons McFadden then he should be fired immediately after the loss.

Sloopy
09-27-2011, 11:37 AM
If Hue Jackson abandons McFadden then he should be fired immediately after the loss.

I mean you could run it when your down by a lot early but lengthy drives aren't exactly how I would try to get back in the game. Especially if the D is containing him.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I mean you could run it when your down by a lot early but lengthy drives aren't exactly how I would try to get back in the game. Especially if the D is containing him.
McFadden running the ball is exactly the key to the passing game in Oakland. You take McFadden down from 20+ carries to 13-15 then you take away the higher threat of a playaction, and essentially the Raiders passing game. They aren't the Packers or Saints where if they're down they can go 4 wide. They rely on McFadden's carries to execute the passing game. And it works for them.

TheFinisher
09-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Newman is possibly out this game, Felix re-aggravated his shoulder too. If we had an answer, or someone to slightly slow down Calvin & Suh on both sides of the ball we would be in good shape, but Stafford should have a field day throwing the ball all over the place.

Start your Detroit Lions in fantasy this week with extreme confidence.

I don't know about that, Detroit's OLine is suspect and I don't know if they'll be able to handle Rob's pressure scheme. Ware has looked like a man possessed this year.

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Just keep try and matchup Moore on McCourty and chuck em like 20it balls..then have Boss and Run Dmc attack the LBers....**** I should be the OC lol

killxswitch
09-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Mike Williams and Josh Freeman will find their chemistry again in time to torch the pathetic Colts secondary. I actually expect Blount to be contained though.

Ness
09-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Last week without byes. Nooooooooooooo.

SuperMcGee
09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I tend to agree with you that Bellichick won't let it happen. Furthermore where the Defense is having problems is against the pass (32nd pass D in the NFL right now) not the run (10th in the NFL). While DMC will get his yards I Believe that the Offense will be to much for the ailing Raiders D and in no way do I think Campbell has a good day despite New Englands deficiencies.

Patriots aren't that great against the run. They got to go against Reggie Bush in Week 1 and their habit of being ahead by a lot dissuades running the ball, but I don't think it's a particularly great unit. Backs have been catching a lot of balls against them, too, and I wouldn't feel comfortable about that when DMC is on the receiving end.

I don't think it would be an issue with Fitzpatrick and the offense doing it, again. The problem would be if we could get 4 interceptions from his counterpart a second time. Fitz was hampered by interceptions going off of his receiver's hands and personal fouls killing scoring drives. He did not play the game of his life, he really just ran our offense as we've come to expect.

Ness
09-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Wow I didn't know Steve Gleason was suffering from Lou Gehrig's disease.

V.I.P
09-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Mike Williams and Josh Freeman will find their chemistry again in time to torch the pathetic Colts secondary. I actually expect Blount to be contained though.

I have a bad feeling about this game... Your run D looked pretty good for the most part vs Mendenhall. Josh Freeman and Mike Williams both look like they're having sophomore slumps... Plus we always look like **** when all of the country is watching.... Thank god no one will be watching, lol.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
The Cardinals is a huge trap game for the Giants. Any time you have an emotional win like we did, you typically follow it up with a dud. Now the key is surviving the dud performance that's coming and escape with an ugly W.

In theory, we should smack Kevin Kolb around. He sucks. But this game scares me.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 01:31 PM
Last week without byes. Nooooooooooooo.

time to build up that fantasy bench!

one of my leagues, my bench is very solid, the other league, my bench is pathetic.

so i'm nervous in that league.

sbh15
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
The Cardinals is a huge trap game for the Giants. Any time you have an emotional win like we did, you typically follow it up with a dud. Now the key is surviving the dud performance that's coming and escape with an ugly W.

In theory, we should smack Kevin Kolb around. He sucks. But this game scares me.

pierre paul is way too god to let kolb throw the football ever.

no typo

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 01:37 PM
pierre paul is way too god to let kolb throw the football ever.

no typo

you know what's funny though? the games where you think your top pass rusher is going to have a monster game, a lot of times those are the games where they get stonewalled.

especially coming off of a 2 sack game, just law of averages says he doesn't get a sack this week.

Pat Sims 90
09-27-2011, 02:33 PM
There is no point in me watching the Bengals this week because they have about a 1% chance to beat Buffalo. On top of the fact that they are one of the better teams in the league the fact that we have not beat them since 1988 also gives me no faith.

Unbiased
09-27-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how Gabbert responds to getting sacked 8 times. That's his real test this week.

Breed
09-27-2011, 02:54 PM
...and your Raider WRs

Devin McCourty will have them taken xare of, oh wait...

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 02:56 PM
How has McCourty looked so far this season btw? Is he having a sophomore slump?

BeerBaron
09-27-2011, 02:58 PM
How has McCourty looked so far this season btw? Is he having a sophomore slump?

Devin? Awful is the word I would use. As evidenced in every Patriots game so far.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Devin? Awful is the word I would use. As evidenced in every Patriots game so far.

Really? He was looking Revis'esque last year.

DoughBoy
09-27-2011, 03:04 PM
I think Jason and Devin swapped teams.

Brodeur
09-27-2011, 03:05 PM
I have a bad feeling about this game... Your run D looked pretty good for the most part vs Mendenhall. Josh Freeman and Mike Williams both look like they're having sophomore slumps... Plus we always look like **** when all of the country is watching.... Thank god no one will be watching, lol.

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 03:08 PM
Really? He was looking Revis'esque last year.

Yea, he's looked pretty bad this year. Been getting abused.

V.I.P
09-27-2011, 03:09 PM

lol, last year was his first full season as a starter, so that's my excuse... So going by this logic Matthew Stafford is still a rookie :D

Here's some real good news. Bucs say only 2,000 tickets remain for the MNF game against the Indianapolis Colts. Could break a string of 14 blackouts, includ preseason (http://twitter.com/#!/NFLSTROUD/status/118766212325982210)

Brodeur
09-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Curtis Painter sells tickets.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Wow, I really thought McCourty was going to be their own Revis.

Sloopy
09-27-2011, 03:22 PM
McFadden running the ball is exactly the key to the passing game in Oakland. You take McFadden down from 20+ carries to 13-15 then you take away the higher threat of a playaction, and essentially the Raiders passing game. They aren't the Packers or Saints where if they're down they can go 4 wide. They rely on McFadden's carries to execute the passing game. And it works for them.

I guess I shouldn't say that they would stop running if they were down early, I mean to say that if the Pats can get out to an early lead and maintain that lead, the longer the game goes on the less they can run the ball and even if they are running late while down you can allow them to do so while focusing on the passing game.

cmarq83
09-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Wow, I really thought McCourty was going to be their own Revis.

I think Revis was always going to be an unrealistic goal, but I didn't think he'd be this bad. Hopefully he turns it around. I think it's been a multitude of things: poor safety play, too much man coverage against receivers who shouldn't be manned up on by people not named Revis, and WR's are facing him for the 2nd or third time. He needs to get his confidence back, and I think the Pats might want to abandon the man coverage thing for right now. Bodden and McCourty are better zone corners anyways.

J-Mike88
09-27-2011, 03:35 PM
There is no point in me watching the Bengals this week because they have about a 1% chance to beat Buffalo.
The Bengals could not get the Bills at a better time than right now, coming off their highest emotional win in decades.

Wow, the Bills play Phi, NYG, Wash, Jets, and Dallas their next 5 games!

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Phi, NYG, Wash, and Dallas are winnable games for them IMO. Jets too but I think they're the best of the bunch.

scottyboy
09-27-2011, 03:39 PM
you all shut your ***** mouths. Devin will be fine. He's just playing with you guys and is gonna be like, ok, I'm ready to play now. and dominate.
It would also help if he wasn't the only one in that secondary who wasn't poop. Well, Chung is good. But whatever, hating on McCourty is strictly forbidden

Breed
09-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Philadelphia isn't a winnable game for the Bils. I remember when the Bills played the Cowboys on MNF 4 years ago and almost won, but lost by a FG in the last few secs...

BeerBaron
09-27-2011, 03:41 PM
you all shut your ***** mouths. Devin will be fine. He's just playing with you guys and is gonna be like, ok, I'm ready to play now. and dominate.
It would also help if he wasn't the only one in that secondary who wasn't poop. Well, Chung is good. But whatever, hating on McCourty is strictly forbidden

Hey, you're batting .500 on the McCourtey's at least. Jason is a starter on the league's #1 defense.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe they were like lulz, let's switch teams every other year and see if anyone notices.

Maybe????

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 03:44 PM
Philadelphia isn't a winnable game for the Bils. I remember when the Bills played the Cowboys on MNF 4 years ago and almost won, but lost by a FG in the last few secs...

Wtf does 4 years ago have to do with now? Philly is most definately a winnable game. All they have to do is ram Fred Jackson down your throat all game.

jrdrylie
09-27-2011, 03:44 PM

Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense.

Breed
09-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Wtf does 4 years ago have to do with now? Philly is most definately a winnable game. All they have to do is Rame Fred Jackson down your throat all game.
What do you mean by your? I'm not a member of the defense.
Your reasoning makes absolutely no sense.
That wasn't my reasoning, i was just saying i recall that game. Since he said, "Bills vs Dallas is a winnable game".

Brodeur
09-27-2011, 03:47 PM

They allowed 35 points to a dead Atlanta offense, so I'm pretty sure the Bills can handle them. And nice sentence structure...

Breed
09-27-2011, 03:49 PM
They allowed 35 points to a dead Atlanta offense, so I'm pretty sure the Bills can handle them. And nice sentence structure...

Who needs grammar when you have swagger?

keylime_5
09-27-2011, 03:52 PM
every game the bills play is a winnable game. 16-0.

Pat Sims 90
09-27-2011, 03:53 PM
The Bengals could not get the Bills at a better time than right now, coming off their highest emotional win in decades.

Wow, the Bills play Phi, NYG, Wash, Jets, and Dallas their next 5 games!

The last time the Bengals beat the Bills, i was not even born yet!

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 03:53 PM
What do you mean by your? I'm not a member of the defense.

That wasn't my reasoning, i was just saying i recall that game. Since he said, "Bills vs Dallas is a winnable game".

OK, all they have to do is run F. Jackson down the Eagles' throat and that sorry excuse for a LBer core.

A game from 4 years ago still has nothing to do with now.

jrdrylie
09-27-2011, 04:07 PM

Four seasons ago, the Chargers lost to the Dolphins. The Chargers have no chance this weekend.

scottyboy
09-27-2011, 04:08 PM
didn't breed also say the Eagles were going to crush the Giants. yeah, good times.

And BB, McCourty was pure sex last year, I'm still batting 1.000 on them dammit!

Breed
09-27-2011, 04:11 PM
didn't breed also say the Eagles were going to crush the Giants. yeah, good times.

We were going to crush the Giants. But they ended up crushing Vicks's hand. Kinda impossible if the 100million dolla man isn't in there.

RaiderNation
09-27-2011, 04:11 PM
Looks like its going to be raining on Sunday when the Raiders play the Patriots. Hopefully it is enough to turn the game into a sloppy game where the consistent running attack wins.

Brodeur
09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
We were going to crush the Giants. But they ended up crushing Vicks's hand. Kinda impossible if the 100million dolla man isn't in there.

Romo pulled out a comeback with a broken rib and punctured lung, Vick can't play with a bruised non throwing hand? Wuss.

scottyboy
09-27-2011, 04:15 PM

pretty sure he wasn't the one getting burned by Brandon Jacobs or Victor Cruz. And half our D is on IR, now injury excuses from you. sorry boutcha.
oh and the Packers had injuriez too last year, in case you hadn't heard.

Buttt shame on me for thinking a Philly troll wouldn't resort to using injuries as an excuse

Giantsfan1080
09-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Vick is a pansy.

Breed
09-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Why does everyone call me a troll? I';m here to discuss football like each & everyone of you guys, show me some damn respect.

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Why does everyone call me a troll? I';m here to discuss football like each & everyone of you guys, show me some damn respect.

You have to earn it. They call you a troll because 90% of what you post is nothing more than trollism

jrdrylie
09-27-2011, 04:23 PM

Just one of his many terrible predictions.

Every team in the NFC South will be 0-2

We're gonna blow out the Giants!

Speaking about the Packers

my QB is better than yours
So is our running game
same goes for WR corp
Trent Cole > Clay Matthews
Nnamdi > Woodson

He did get one thing right.
I average 22 post a day, i'm such a virgin.

SuperMcGee
09-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Phi, NYG, Wash, and Dallas are winnable games for them IMO. Jets too but I think they're the best of the bunch.

We could put up 30+ every game going into the Jets matchup, and I still wouldn't be surprised if we completely melted down against them.

BufFan71
09-27-2011, 04:26 PM

Philly is a winnable game for buffalo.
You expect Phillys defense to stop buffalo's offense?

Breed
09-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Just one of his many terrible predictions.
Speaking about the Packers
He did get one thing right.

You memorizing all my post is kinda creepy.
Philly is a winnable game for buffalo.
You expect Phillys defense to stop buffalo's offense?

-Nnamdi will have Stevie Johnson on lock down.
-Bills don't have a TE to give our LBs any trouble
-Our D-line will dominate their O-line
D-Jax & Maclin & Smith & Avant > than their entire secondary

So please, tell me how do the Bills have a chance?

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 04:40 PM

Raiders D-Line >>>>>> Philly's and we sure man handled the Bill's O-line. Who's gonna stop Fred and CJ from running wild? Casey? Your secondary, mainly your CBs is really all Philly has going for them. On offense who's going to throw the ball? Kafka? or a crying Vick with a bruised hand? Your O-line isn't very good.

I actually like the Eagles. Cheer for em whenever the Raiders aren't playing but ppl like you sour that really fast.

jrdrylie
09-27-2011, 04:40 PM

D-Jax & Maclin & Smith & Avant > than their entire sondary

Tony Gonzalez torched your linebackers. While Gonzalez is a future Hall of Famer, he is nowhere near the player he once was. I think Scott Chandler will be fine.

The Eagles are 30th in the league in rush defense. That D-Line is AWESOME! Fred Jackson is going to go for 150+ against the Eagles. And while the Eagles have been getting a bunch of sacks, Buffalo has only given up two sacks all season.

The game is in Buffalo, so there is another edge. And that doesn't even include the injury that Vick will inevitably suffer again this week.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 04:41 PM
I guess I shouldn't say that they would stop running if they were down early, I mean to say that if the Pats can get out to an early lead and maintain that lead, the longer the game goes on the less they can run the ball and even if they are running late while down you can allow them to do so while focusing on the passing game.
At this point, we're both stating the obvious.

Well, they kind of did but you didn't pay any attention.
FRED JACKSON. Running, catching, whatever he feels like doing really since Philly can't stop a capable RB for it's life.
I've been saying it since the preseason, the Eagles are the most overhyped team ever. What LBs? What safeties? What OL? Cool cornerbacks, though, definitely a Super Bowl contender...

Brodeur
09-27-2011, 04:43 PM

Oh yeah, Nnamdi really held Cruz in check on that last TD, huh?

Breed
09-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Wait am i missing something? Is Fred Jackson good this season or something?

@Broduer Pretty sure that was Asante.

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Wait am i missing something? Is Fred Jackson good this season or something?

@Broduer Pretty sure that was Asante.

Fred Jackson has always been good. He's just beasting it even more this season.

And no...it was Nnamdi not Asante.

V.I.P
09-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Raheem Morris: "We're the best team in the NFC (long pause) South."
Raheem is always good for a line or two each season...

Hines
09-27-2011, 04:59 PM
IMO, Fred Jackson might be the most underrated player in the NFL. Dude is as consistent as they come. If he played for someone else than Buffalo, he might get more respect. He is a beast.

J-Mike88
09-27-2011, 05:46 PM
IMO, Fred Jackson might be the most underrated player in the NFL. Dude is as consistent as they come. If he played for someone else than Buffalo, he might get more respect. He is a beast.
He is a beast.
He's very unheralded.

I remember 3 or 4 seasons ago, when Marshawn was still decent there, Freddy came on, and kept getting more yards per carry. He looked better then. But Freddy got no respect then.

He is getting it now.

I will be a big Bills fan in week 5, as I was this weekend against New England.

TitanHope
09-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Jason is a starter on the league's #1 defense.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab143/drama-rama/Tumblr%20GIFs/shocked.gif

Brodeur
09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab143/drama-rama/Tumblr%20GIFs/shocked.gif

TH, I love you.

BeerBaron
09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
I mean....statistically, they are the #1 defense. Playing the Broncos and Jaguars certainly helped that.

Rosebud
09-27-2011, 07:11 PM

You might have won if Vick didn't get hurt but no way in hell the iggles where on their way to crushing the giants. That's just silly given how well the giants were running the ball with Ahmad and hitting when they went for the big play. Plus the Eagles weren't exactly moving the ball at will offensively even before Vick left the game.

Rosebud
09-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Fred Jackson has always been good. He's just beasting it even more this season.

And no...it was Nnamdi not Asante.

You're right on both accounts. Fast Freddie has been pretty awesome for a couple of years now. It's just now the OL is playing well, he's got a big play back up in spiller and Fitzy's making that pass attack work well so that Jackson's getting plenty of room to run and they have a defense that lets them run the ball because other teams aren't just running the ball at will against them.

And yes that was Aso on the second Cruz TD. Well him and the safety.

SuperMcGee
09-27-2011, 08:21 PM
You're right on both accounts. Fast Freddie has been pretty awesome for a couple of years now. It's just now the OL is playing well, he's got a big play back up in spiller and Fitzy's making that pass attack work well so that Jackson's getting plenty of room to run and they have a defense that lets them run the ball because other teams aren't just running the ball at will against them.

And yes that was Aso on the second Cruz TD. Well him and the safety.

I don't think having a big play backup means much of anything right now. Spiller is barely getting touches and Jackson has 7 plays of over 20 yards, already. That's the most in the league and means he's hitting that mark once every 8 touches.

Rosebud
09-27-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't think having a big play backup means much of anything right now. Spiller is barely getting touches and Jackson has 7 plays of over 20 yards, already. That's the most in the league and means he's hitting that mark once every 8 touches.

I think it helps having a guy like Spiller who can threaten teams with his speed even with limited carries versus a tough runner like Marshawn who needs carries to beat up a D before he can gash them.

LonghornsLegend
09-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I feel bad for the Bills actually. They have a pretty good team of nobodies and outcast right now to a lesser extent. If some of those terrible 1st rd picks had panned out they would look alot better. McKelvin, Maybin, & Spiller were all high picks and expected to be elite players, 1 is on his way out of the league and the other more along for the ride then the reason the wheels are moving.

TitanHope
09-27-2011, 08:47 PM
TH, I love you.

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab81/intothenight86/gifs/5jsocw.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq7jk0Lpb81qe2lli.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq7jkoSEjc1qe2lli.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lksfnhjSnE1qfuo0u.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkshex3Tol1qb4um9.gif
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/19000000/Sam-rejects-Cas-s-hug-6x12-supernatural-19033055-500-244.gif

they are the #1 defense.

That's all the people need to know!

yodabear
09-27-2011, 11:09 PM

Ur sig is like pure definition of trolling.

Breed
09-27-2011, 11:13 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Complex
09-28-2011, 01:10 AM
So I am about to trade Calvin Johnson,Stafford, Darren Sporles and Marshawn Lynch for Fitz,Fred Jackson,Holmes and Rodgers good trade right? I think it is.

I think I am going to regret the trade if CJ has a Randy Moss type season.

descendency
09-28-2011, 01:35 AM

My opinion is that your opinion is wrong.

Paradox created.

nobodyinparticular
09-28-2011, 01:36 AM
So I am about to trade Calvin Johnson,Stafford, Darren Sporles and Marshawn Lynch for Fitz,Fred Jackson,Holmes and Rodgers good trade right? I think it is.

I think I am going to regret the trade if CJ has a Randy Moss type season.

I think you're giving up a lot of fantasy points with the Stafford/CJ combo. In the end, you'll probably come out on top. Rodgers/Fitz is great and you don't have to worry about your top performers having bye weeks on the same week. Jackson will probably come to earth at some point this season--he's good, but not as good as he looked in week 2 or will look in week 4. Maybe try to flip him in a couple weeks for a buy-low candidate. Even if he does come back to earth, he's better than Lynch by a longshot.

I say go for it even though Stafford/CJ is money.

tjsunstein
09-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Please support your opinion.

Breed
09-28-2011, 01:52 AM
Please support your opinion.

We went thru this already.

J-Mike88
09-28-2011, 05:56 AM
And the avy doesn't do match to make up for the sig. Good call.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Btw, Nmandi is overrated. I said it last season and got killed for it, but he's never been as good as Revis.

He's very good, but he's not Revis. Never was. The guy only played 1 side of the field and covered the opposition's best WR only half the time. It's so much easier covering a top WR for 30 snaps opposed to 60. You can't even compare em.

So far in 3 games, I've seen Nmandi get burned deep 3 times.

Don't get me wrong, by no means am I saying he sucks. And I readily admit he's probably the 2nd best CB in the league. But the talk of him and Revis being 1A and 1B has always been inaccurate. He's no Revis. Never was.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Having that said, I think we've all been enjoying Philly's slow start a little too much. This season is far from over, and I fully expect Philly to get it together and turn this thing around.

They just need time to gel. They'll figure this out. Fat Andy always has them playing their best ball in December. So I'm not counting out Philly at all. I still have them winning the division.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 08:22 AM
It was still a terrible move to name Castillo as the D. Coordiantor regardless of whether you think Washburn is really running the defense. Their lack of OL, LB, and S has to be really concerning as well. If some guys step up for them then yeah they should be fine but right now there are some glaring weaknesses to exploit. It was a mistake to go so young at some of those positions.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
It was still a terrible move to name Castillo as the D. Coordiantor regardless of whether you think Washburn is really running the defense. Their lack of OL, LB, and S has to be really concerning as well. If some guys step up for them then yeah they should be fine but right now there are some glaring weaknesses to exploit. It was a mistake to go so young at some of those positions.

Safety won't be that big of an issue. Nate will turn it around, and as long as they play bump and run the CBs will make their lives easier.

LB is a problem, and run stuffing is a problem. That...I'm not sure if they can fix. Wash has to stop doing so much of his wide 9. It's killing their rush defense.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Nate Allen is coming off a major knee injury. You of all people should know sometime it takes more than a year just to start to recover to your old self. I wouldn't count on him to return to form until possibly late this year.

BeerBaron
09-28-2011, 08:30 AM
With Nnamdi, as I understand it, he basically played the purest form of man coverage in Oakland 99% of the time. And like you said, he strictly played one side of the field, covering whoever was there.

I think he's still adjusting to Philly where, and they even said this during the game, he's playing a lot more "off" coverages than he's used to, and he's being moved around a lot more.

Oakland Nnamdi was right on Revis' heels as the #2 corner, but he's taken a step back while adjusting in Philly. He's still easily the #2 corner though. Pass defenses are so awful around the league this year that you'd be stupid to take anyone not named Revis over Nnamdi.

And this brings me to a greater issue in general...is it just lockout hangover or are pass defenses really this bad? I mean, they're godawful all across the league. The Patriots are a perfect example of this...they get no pass rush and passing on their secondary is like a warm knife through butter. They're not even a speed bump usually...more like a small pot hole.

The Packers are another who've taken a step back, and it's gotta be more than just the Nick Collins injury. Drew Brees having his way with your defense is one thing, but rookie Cam Newton? Even Cutler gashed them pretty easily when he actually got protection Sunday. If Charles Woodson didn't outright tackle Devin Hester (and not get call for ANYTHING) late in that game, it looked like he would have been beaten for a huge play.

And this is the opposite of what I've been expecting the last few years as we've shifted towards a "passing league." I figured defenses would keep getting smaller and faster to counter passing attacks, and then some team would wise up and begin power running to take advantage of the undersized defense.

Instead, passing is rampant (5 guys are still on pace to beat Marino's single season passing yardage record) and the ability to run the ball is at an all time low. Part of it is teams giving up on it (Vikings in the 2nd half anyone?) but part of it is, even when they try to run, they get stuffed. How many times have we seen short yardage and goal line runs go absolutely nowhere this year?

The NFL...what can be done?

Cudders
09-28-2011, 09:13 AM
I feel like some people are glossing over the Eagles' offensive inconsistencies in light of their well-documented defensive woes. Right now, this team is far too flawed for me to consider them a serious contender for the Super Bowl and I'm not convinced that's going to change.

A.) The coronation of Michael Vick was a classic case of becoming a prisoner to the moment. Did he light up some defenses like a Christmas tree and put together a ridiculously dominant stretch last season? He sure did. Was he the catalyst of an offense that looked unstoppable at times? He sure was. But there was no reason to extrapolate those unreal performances over an entire sixteen game schedule. His performances started coming back to earth last year. When a franchise marries themselves to a quarterback like Vick, they accept the soaring peaks with the slumping valleys. It's his natural ebb and flow. Now, there's no denying Vick is a tantalizing talent. He's got a big-time arm to drive the ball down the field in Philadelphia's vertical offense and understandably strikes fear into defenders when he breaks containment. On any given Sunday, he can take over a game and put his team in a great position to win. But I'm not about to bet on Vick doing that against playoffs defenses three or four straight times. Not to mention, the calender hasn't even flipped to October and he's been knocked out of two games. Hardly the start you would like from someone with a checkered injury history.

B.) Because of the inconsistencies at quarterback, the Eagles offense has become somewhat of a feast or famine proposition. The very thing that makes Philadelphia so explosive is the same thing that makes them susceptible to being slowed. They rely on generating big plays. They want to put their athletes in space and use their speed to get deep. They're essentially football's version of the fast break offense. If you make a mistake, they'll capitalize on it. If they catch you sleeping, you'll get burned. But the Eagles can be bottled up by defenses with good gap integrity and a tight top. Sustainability isn't their strong suit. This isn't going to be an offense that excels at manufacturing long drives. Vick's accuracy underneath is still too spotty for that kind of perfect execution and razor-sharp precision. When this offense is firing on all cylinders and exploding for bundles of points, the Eagles are dangerous. When it's in a dogfight though, it leaves its defense in a compromising position.

C.) This defense is built for the lead. With their personnel, the nickel package is by far the best unit that Philadelphia can field. I believe the coaching staff and front office figured their offense would be consistently explosive, so they specifically tailored the defense to compliment that. They went out and acquired two new, premium cornerbacks. They retained their stable of steady pass rushers. They put their trust in linebackers that could play situational football and use their athleticism in space. In theory, Vick and the offense builds a nice lead for them, and then the defense protects it with a nasty sub-package. The problem? Their linebackers are dreadfully ill-equipped for every-down football. And their front seven is so porous in run defense that opponents can control the clock and tire out those same pass rushers.

I'm not saying they're a bad team by any means. They still have the potential to stick it to any team in the league. But I can absolutely see these issues becoming season-long trends and not isolated incidents of the first few weeks.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Nate Allen is coming off a major knee injury. You of all people should know sometime it takes more than a year just to start to recover to your old self. I wouldn't count on him to return to form until possibly late this year.

I actually didn't know that. Ok, so they have a problem at safety this year.

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 10:04 AM
With Nnamdi, as I understand it, he basically played the purest form of man coverage in Oakland 99% of the time. And like you said, he strictly played one side of the field, covering whoever was there.

I think he's still adjusting to Philly where, and they even said this during the game, he's playing a lot more "off" coverages than he's used to, and he's being moved around a lot more.

Oakland Nnamdi was right on Revis' heels as the #2 corner, but he's taken a step back while adjusting in Philly. He's still easily the #2 corner though. Pass defenses are so awful around the league this year that you'd be stupid to take anyone not named Revis over Nnamdi.

And this brings me to a greater issue in general...is it just lockout hangover or are pass defenses really this bad? I mean, they're godawful all across the league. The Patriots are a perfect example of this...they get no pass rush and passing on their secondary is like a warm knife through butter. They're not even a speed bump usually...more like a small pot hole.

The Packers are another who've taken a step back, and it's gotta be more than just the Nick Collins injury. Drew Brees having his way with your defense is one thing, but rookie Cam Newton? Even Cutler gashed them pretty easily when he actually got protection Sunday. If Charles Woodson didn't outright tackle Devin Hester (and not get call for ANYTHING) late in that game, it looked like he would have been beaten for a huge play.

And this is the opposite of what I've been expecting the last few years as we've shifted towards a "passing league." I figured defenses would keep getting smaller and faster to counter passing attacks, and then some team would wise up and begin power running to take advantage of the undersized defense.

Instead, passing is rampant (5 guys are still on pace to beat Marino's single season passing yardage record) and the ability to run the ball is at an all time low. Part of it is teams giving up on it (Vikings in the 2nd half anyone?) but part of it is, even when they try to run, they get stuffed. How many times have we seen short yardage and goal line runs go absolutely nowhere this year?

It's September. The passing game is always much better in September than November. And contrarily, the run game typically takes a good 4 to 5 games to get going bc olines need time to gel. Plus as teams pass more, they practice run blocking less.

Run blocking is all about practice and repitition. The more you do it, the better you get at it. Just like anything, practice makes perfect. It's going to take a team that's strongly commited to being a rush offense (perhaps the Giants) to buck the trend.

Giantsfan1080
09-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I actually didn't know that. Ok, so they have a problem at safety this year.

Yeah he ruptured his patellar tendon last year.

BeerBaron
09-28-2011, 10:17 AM
It's September. The passing game is always much better in September than November. And contrarily, the run game typically takes a good 4 to 5 games to get going bc olines need time to gel. Plus as teams pass more, they practice run blocking less.

Run blocking is all about practice and repitition. The more you do it, the better you get at it. Just like anything, practice makes perfect. It's going to take a team that's strongly commited to being a rush offense (perhaps the Giants) to buck the trend.

I realize this, but doesn't it seems like this year is especially bad in terms of passing games being so far ahead of...everything else? There's usually a QB or two "on pace" to break the record, but not usually by much. This year there are 5 guys, and Tom Brady is on pace for something ungodly like 7000 yards.

And defenses aren't slowing up the offenses AT ALL right now. Defenses usually catch up to, and overtake, offenses later in the year, but several defenses are just showing nothing right now, it's pathetic.

We're regularly seeing even mediocre offenses getting wide-freaking-open receivers and effortlessly going up and down the field. I hate this.

scottyboy
09-28-2011, 10:21 AM
I think you can also credit the lockout shortened season. less practice time, less reps for the D, so teams who stayed in tact on offense (ala Packers, Saints, Patriots) are going to pick apart teams with new systems, personel etc. So much of the secondary is communication, and if guys are still catching up with that, the Brady-Welker, Rodgers-Jennings and Brees-everyone connections are going to pick them apart

bigbluedefense
09-28-2011, 10:21 AM
I realize this, but doesn't it seems like this year is especially bad in terms of passing games being so far ahead of...everything else? There's usually a QB or two "on pace" to break the record, but not usually by much. This year there are 5 guys, and Tom Brady is on pace for something ungodly like 7000 yards.

And defenses aren't slowing up the offenses AT ALL right now. Defenses usually catch up to, and overtake, offenses later in the year, but several defenses are just showing nothing right now, it's pathetic.

We're regularly seeing even mediocre offenses getting wide-freaking-open receivers and effortlessly going up and down the field. I hate this.

I've noticed on several occasions where players had clear hits on the qb but instead pulled up.

Defensive players are scared of getting fined. Nobody wants to hit anymore. They don't want to hit WRs, they don't want to hit QBs. I've seen it a bunch of times, they pull up instead of hitting them.

Do you blame them? Would you rather give up a 10 yard completion or get fined 40 grand? That's the real issue here.

That's the true demise of defense right now.

BeerBaron
09-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Not wanting to get fined for hitting a receiver doesn't explain being 10 yards out of position when he catches a pass, and making a hilariously bad effort at tackling. In most cases of this, the defender just flails harmlessly at the ball carrier and then slides off as if the runner is greased.

And beyond that...just the dumb decisions by defensive coaches. Example: The Bears have already allowed Jermichael Finley to have his way all day long. On his 3rd TD reception, he's single covered by slow as ****, has no business on the field Craig Steltz. Bam! Dagger...

Another one: Wes Welker had something absurd like 16 catches, and late in the game, he's single covered by a linebacker! WHY!?!?!? That one didn't hurt as much as the Bills still won...but WHY??

Another one: Lions vs. Vikings in overtime. Calvin Johnson is single covered deep down the field, no safety in sight. He catches it to put the in FG range and the Lions win. WHY IS HE SINGLE COVERED!?!?

I feel like a team that has a coach with a little common sense and a defense that can tackle would dominate in this league right now.

keylime_5
09-28-2011, 11:07 AM
they had a good film session segment on NFL Live on espn with Eric Mangini explaining how New England and Philadelphia are both using coverages that aren't working for their personnel, it's worth a watch. I think the Eagles are trying to be too cute with their blitzes and using mixed coverages, when really they should just man up with their 3 pro bowl corners and send the 4 linemen on the rush. They're not playing to their strengths on the outside.

49erNation85
09-28-2011, 11:44 AM
So what does every one think of Buffalo this season are they for real,could they make a run for play offs maybe super bowl?

PACKmanN
09-28-2011, 11:48 AM
So what does every one think of Buffalo this season are they for real,could they make a run for play offs maybe super bowl?

their team is full of aging talent. I think they make the playoffs, but are only a one-year wonder

bantx
09-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Question is manusky this ******?! He's been rushing 3 guys almost 95% of the time for the past 3 games.

Ness
09-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Question is manusky this ******?! He's been rushing 3 guys almost 95% of the time for the past 3 games.

I hated Manusky when he was here. The 49ers never seemed to generate that much pressure.

BeerBaron
09-28-2011, 11:51 AM

I won't say they can't do it, but I remain skeptical. Something like 83% of teams that start 3-0 make the playoffs, so the odds are definitely in their favor of making it. But let's remember, two of their wins came in down-to-the-wire games vs. the Pats and Raiders, and the other was a slaughter of the Chiefs, which, they're they Chiefs.

I think they're definitely set to make the playoffs, but I don't view them as a legit Superbowl contender just yet.

Ness
09-28-2011, 11:53 AM

I think they could contend for a wildcard if they get lucky. Really lucky. They can't get into shootouts every week though. That defense has to step up. They still have to play the Jets twice and New England in Foxboro. I wouldn't even say Miami is a given. This is the best they've looked in years though. And 3-0 teams usually go to the playoffs.

bantx
09-28-2011, 12:10 PM
I tried to give Manusky the benefit of the doubt, but our defense is looking pretty uhh crappy

BeerBaron
09-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I tried to give Manusky the benefit of the doubt, but our defense is looking pretty uhh crappy

Is there a team in the league right now whose defense doesn't look "crappy?" Even one?

The TITANS are currently the leagues #1 defense, aided in no small part by the fact they've played the Jaguars, Ravens in a let down game, and the Broncos.

bantx
09-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Well I need someone to blame and manusky is #1 on the list

cmarq83
09-28-2011, 02:08 PM
their team is full of aging talent. I think they make the playoffs, but are only a one-year wonder

Not really, they have some guys who are ~30, but none of their major contributors are in obvious decline. Over the next couple of years the only person they really need to worry about is Fred Jackson.

Raiderz4Life
09-28-2011, 02:20 PM
It's going to take a team that's strongly commited to being a rush offense (perhaps the Giants) to buck the trend.

Oakland!! If we can't run the ball we can't win.

LonghornsLegend
09-28-2011, 02:27 PM

That's why I didn't understand certain teams going after Aso. When I saw Aso playing more strict man coverage with Philly he looked just as good. Off man, or zone, or whatever scheme they are putting him in now works awesome for Asante, but not for him.

Aso would be perfect for Rob Ryan's scheme with how aggressive he's been. Jenkins has battled injuries but already looks like an improvement off of his shithole season last year and Newman might be a china doll and as physical as your grand mother but he's still got the hips to be a very good cover man this year.

Having some guys who can cover man on an island have been what we've needed since Wade got here. Rob has done an outstanding job though, I can't wait until a few more years when he gets some CB's to help.

BeerBaron
09-28-2011, 03:26 PM
That's why I didn't understand certain teams going after Aso. When I saw Aso playing more strict man coverage with Philly he looked just as good. Off man, or zone, or whatever scheme they are putting him in now works awesome for Asante, but not for him.

Aso would be perfect for Rob Ryan's scheme with how aggressive he's been. Jenkins has battled injuries but already looks like an improvement off of his shithole season last year and Newman might be a china doll and as physical as your grand mother but he's still got the hips to be a very good cover man this year.

Having some guys who can cover man on an island have been what we've needed since Wade got here. Rob has done an outstanding job though, I can't wait until a few more years when he gets some CB's to help.

I was surprised that Philly pulled it off at the last minute. Once the Jets were out, I would have suggested that you go order your Nnamdi Cowboys jersey. He would definitely be a stud there, though as long as Alan Ball keeps getting playing time (it's like god wants Alan Ball on the field for the Cowboys...as soon as he hits the bench, Jenkins gets hurt again...) your pass D will struggle.

diabsoule
09-28-2011, 03:29 PM
The San Diego Chargers placed Bob Sanders on IR

BeerBaron
09-28-2011, 03:32 PM

Like I said in the injury thread, it's like an overly long gag now. It will be newsworthy only if plays a full season.

Ness
09-28-2011, 03:34 PM

Already. Wow. Okay Sanders, maybe you should retire.

bantx
09-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Sooner than I expected they said his knee was sore last week, but I knew it was only a matter of time oh well he was cheap. Now move Stucky over and give him a chance forget Steve Gregory!

T-RICH49
09-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Frazier will find a way to blow that lead too.

not with Matt Cassel at QB.he'll make sure Minny is able to hold on

Complex
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
not with Matt Cassel at QB.he'll make sure Minny is able to hold on

Matt Cassel fell fast, I remember the Matt Cassel MVP talk,top 10 QB and better than Freeman post. Now chief fans can't wait to get rid of him.

bantx
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Matt Cassel fell fast, I remember the Matt Cassel MVP talk,top 10 QB and better than Freeman post. Now chief fans can't wait to get rid of him.

I still find that funny.

T-RICH49
09-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Jon Baldwin might FINALLY play this week so there's some good news

Complex
09-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Tom Brady got a hair cut.

holt_bruce81
09-28-2011, 04:58 PM
This is a big game for the Rams. Going 1-3 going into the Bye week and then getting Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola back for week 6 would be huge and our chances of winning the NFC West would still be very high IMO. Those two makes the offense look completely different.

Ness
09-28-2011, 05:06 PM

I was never high on Cassel. I always thought he was a tad overrated. Last year he had a good year, but the Chiefs on offense had a lot of talent. Not that Charles and Moeaki are out, Cassel is having to carry the team more it seems and it's not working out. If anything he reminds me of an Elvis Grbac clone.

J-Mike88
09-28-2011, 05:41 PM
This is a big game for the Rams. Going 1-3 going into the Bye week and then getting Steven Jackson and Danny Amendola back for week 6 would be huge and our chances of winning the NFC West would still be very high IMO. Those two makes the offense look completely different.
Is the DA really gonna be back that soon? I saw that injury and thought it was a season-ender. Two months at the least.......

Brodeur
09-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Like I said in the injury thread, it's like an overly long gag now. It will be newsworthy only if plays a full season.

It's okay, they replaced him on the roster with Tommie Harris.

Breed
09-28-2011, 06:45 PM
And the avy doesn't do match to make up for the sig.

You're not fan of Tupac?

Splat
09-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Matt Cassel fell fast, I remember the Matt Cassel MVP talk,top 10 QB and better than Freeman post.

I don't. Also I for one never said he was better than Freeman.

I've pretty much been his biggest biggest critic from day one. I will admit that Charlie Weis's magic trick lat year started to fool me but the second he bounced the old Cassel came back full force.

Breed
09-28-2011, 09:21 PM
Btw, Nmandi is overrated. I said it last season and got killed for it, but he's never been as good as Revis.

He's very good, but he's not Revis. Never was. The guy only played 1 side of the field and covered the opposition's best WR only half the time. It's so much easier covering a top WR for 30 snaps opposed to 60. You can't even compare em.

So far in 3 games, I've seen Nmandi get burned deep 3 times.

Don't get me wrong, by no means am I saying he sucks. And I readily admit he's probably the 2nd best CB in the league. But the talk of him and Revis being 1A and 1B has always been inaccurate. He's no Revis. Never was.
There was a breakdown on this on NFL Live. Both TD's on his side he was in the correct place in the zone. The TD pass "over" him that was not his man but when the ball was in the air he went to try and cover what should have been covered by the safety.

He did have a missed tackle but way to twist stats to try and make your point look good again.

Bucs_Rule
09-28-2011, 09:27 PM
His talents are wasted in a zone. Wish Jimmy Johnson was still around and his blitz heavy scheme.

SickwithIt1010
09-28-2011, 09:39 PM
His talents are wasted in a zone. Wish Jimmy Johnson was still around and his blitz heavy scheme.

We dont have the right guys to run Johnsons scheme right now even if we wanted too. Our front 4 are great, but the linebackers are soooo soft.

Hurricanes25
09-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Saints WR Marques Colston is going to play against the Jags. Well, that was a quick recovery.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/28/marques-colston-is-already-back/

CDCB14
09-29-2011, 07:40 AM
There was a breakdown on this on NFL Live. Both TD's on his side he was in the correct place in the zone. The TD pass "over" him that was not his man but when the ball was in the air he went to try and cover what should have been covered by the safety.

He did have a missed tackle but way to twist stats to try and make your point look good again.

Dude... get over you pride and stop being in denial. Nnamdi is overrated, and GOT BURNT. The eagles are no dream team. They have major holes in their team. They're so finesse, come november and december they're gonna get obliterated. Vick is overrated and has never won anything either. He got to 1 NFC title and lost... big deal.

I love eagles fans who act like they're team rules the world. YOU HAVE NEVER WON ANYTHING. Im so happy you signed vick to that extension, hes never winning a super bowl lol, not even close. I hope you keep reid forever too. You guys can just keep losig in the playoffs, win nothing, have bad draft picks, and be overrated,

If you want to live in your own world where you think they are going to win the superbowl, go right ahead, but stop being a troll.

Dream team.... LOLzzzz cool story, bro.

BeerBaron
09-29-2011, 07:43 AM
How the hell do you have over a thousand posts in a month?

CDCB14
09-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Former account that d-unit switched to it, but forget about that. I wanna see what this kid has to say.

BeerBaron
09-29-2011, 08:59 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/29/casey-matthews-kurt-coleman-demoted-in-philly/

So, Casey Matthews has been getting pretty much abused by every team the Eagles play. So, they replace him with....the even smaller Brian Rolle.

Philly makes great defensive decisions, don't they?

Giantsfan1080
09-29-2011, 09:04 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/29/casey-matthews-kurt-coleman-demoted-in-philly/

So, Casey Matthews has been getting pretty much abused by every team the Eagles play. So, they replace him with....the even smaller Brian Rolle.

Philly makes great defensive decisions, don't they?

Castillo is still thinking as an offensive coordinator. Honestly that decision by Reid is what gets head coaches fired. It's way to early but if Reid doesn't get this team to the playoffs the Philly fans will be out for blood and Reid may finally get shown the door.

BeerBaron
09-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Castillo is still thinking as an offensive coordinator. Honestly that decision by Reid is what gets head coaches fired. It's way to early but if Reid doesn't get this team to the playoffs the Philly fans will be out for blood and Reid may finally get shown the door.

Oh yeah. I think this year is a result of Reid going for broke. But that defense is not Superbowl caliber, even if the offense was playing well.

Another annoying thing is that the defense could be better if they played to the players strengths, but they aren't. Nnamdi in off coverage? Undersized linebackers playing behind a VERY spread out d-line? A VERY spread out d-line in the first place? You wanna know how to sure up the run defense Philly? TIGHTEN UP YOUR D-LINE.

Another thing I don't like is that if they fail this year and Reid is gone, they're stuck with Vick. They'll have to search for a coach to come in and try to setup a system around Vick's strengths. Ask Atlanta how that went for them...

LonghornsLegend
09-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Dude... get over you pride and stop being in denial. Nnamdi is overrated, and GOT BURNT. The eagles are no dream team. They have major holes in their team. They're so finesse, come november and december they're gonna get obliterated. Vick is overrated and has never won anything either. He got to 1 NFC title and lost... big deal.

I love eagles fans who act like they're team rules the world. YOU HAVE NEVER WON ANYTHING. Im so happy you signed vick to that extension, hes never winning a super bowl lol, not even close. I hope you keep reid forever too. You guys can just keep losig in the playoffs, win nothing, have bad draft picks, and be overrated,

If you want to live in your own world where you think they are going to win the superbowl, go right ahead, but stop being a troll.

Dream team.... LOLzzzz cool story, bro.

Oh good, your back. And I guess your just missing the irony in the fact that a Cowboy fan is talking trash to an Eagles fan and consistently talking about how their team, or QB has never won anything?

bantx
09-29-2011, 10:02 AM
I don't. Also I for one never said he was better than Freeman.

I've pretty much been his biggest biggest critic from day one. I will admit that Charlie Weis's magic trick lat year started to fool me but the second he bounced the old Cassel came back full force.

Old Cassel? He had a decent/average year with yall his first year and a good year with the Patriots before that he isn't that bad.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 10:47 AM

People act like this was the first time Nmandi got beat this year. He was torched in St. Louis too but drew a PA to put the ball on the 1 yard line.

He also got beat against Atlanta.

He hasn't lived up to his contract yet. That's the reality of it. He will bounce back, I'm sure of it, especially once Philly gets their head out of their ass and runs more bump and run coverage, but he's not invincible.

Never has been. For all the Nmandi lovers out there, I bet more than half of them didn't watch him regularly. He's still hands down the 2nd best CB in the league, but he's not invincible. He could be had.

Hell, I've seen Rivers and Jackson get him a couple of times. He's not some unstoppable force like he's made out to be.

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah. I think this year is a result of Reid going for broke. But that defense is not Superbowl caliber, even if the offense was playing well.

Another annoying thing is that the defense could be better if they played to the players strengths, but they aren't. Nnamdi in off coverage? Undersized linebackers playing behind a VERY spread out d-line? A VERY spread out d-line in the first place? You wanna know how to sure up the run defense Philly? TIGHTEN UP YOUR D-LINE.

Another thing I don't like is that if they fail this year and Reid is gone, they're stuck with Vick. They'll have to search for a coach to come in and try to setup a system around Vick's strengths. Ask Atlanta how that went for them...

I'd love for them to fire Reid. Andy Reid is the reason why they will never win a SB (hopefully).

But Andy Reid is also the reason why that organization is always a SB contender. The guy is a brilliant GM and developer of talent. If they fire him, that franchise will fade to mediocrity very quickly.

They're in trouble though. This team is not built long term. Vick only has 2 more years of athleticism left. He's not a great qb, he's a great athlete. Once that athleticism is gone, he's just going to be a mediocre qb who got paid 100 million bucks.

Plus now that they have all this money tied up to CBs and Vick, they'll lose either Maclin or McCoy in FA. Can't afford to pay Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy. It's impossible.

So their oline will still suck, Vick will be old and mediocre, and they'll lose offensive weapons within 2 years. Plus that defense still has it's holes.

Plus all those 1 year rentals will be gone this year.

Let's assume Reid can plug some holes in the draft (he has a ton of picks to play with), it's still not enough for them to fully recover from what's going to hit them 2 years from now.

So basically, this current nucleus of Philly players only have 2 more years left. Bc after that, this team will look very different regardless of who the coach is.

BeerBaron
09-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd love for them to fire Reid. Andy Reid is the reason why they will never win a SB (hopefully).

But Andy Reid is also the reason why that organization is always a SB contender. The guy is a brilliant GM and developer of talent. If they fire him, that franchise will fade to mediocrity very quickly.

They're in trouble though. This team is not built long term. Vick only has 2 more years of athleticism left. He's not a great qb, he's a great athlete. Once that athleticism is gone, he's just going to be a mediocre qb who got paid 100 million bucks.

Plus now that they have all this money tied up to CBs and Vick, they'll lose either Maclin or McCoy in FA. Can't afford to pay Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy. It's impossible.

So their oline will still suck, Vick will be old and mediocre, and they'll lose offensive weapons within 2 years. Plus that defense still has it's holes.

Let's assume Reid can plug some holes in the draft (he has a ton of picks to play with), it's still not enough for them to fully recover from what's going to hit them 2 years from now.

So basically, this current nucleus of Philly players only have 2 more years left. Bc after that, this team will look very different regardless of who the coach is.

I honestly would have just left Vick on the franchise tag this year. Make him "prove it." Hell, between VY and Kafka, they could have simply let Vick hit FA next year if he had a down year this year...which he is right now. It would save them a lot of money and they wouldn't be handcuffed to him for the long haul as they are now.

Can he and the offense turn it around? Absolutely. Between Vick, Jackson, Maclin and McCoy, there isn't a more purely explosive offense in the league right now. But Vick isn't playing like he did last year, and that defense can't slow anyone down right now.

I do think that if the Eagles miss the playoffs, Reid is done. And while you have to credit him for a lot of the success, he was greatly helped out by Jim Johnson's defense in the early part of the decade. You hold him in higher regard than I do. I think he's getting close to "Mike Shanahan at the end of his Broncos tenure" territory in that he's buying a little too much into his own system and it's hurting the team. For example, he's completely ignored the linebacker position and it's costing their defense big time right now. Brian ******* Rolle is about to be a starter...that's bad news for Philly fans.

bantx
09-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Reid is gonna there forevz

Go_Eagles77
09-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Brian Rolle will be starting ahead of Casey matthews at WILL, great move. I just don't understand why the eagles are so much better at drafting in the late rounds than the early ones.

Brian ******* Rolle is about to be a starter...that's bad news for Philly fans.
Not really, at the very least he's an improvement over Matthews.

BeerBaron
09-29-2011, 01:21 PM
Brian Rolle will be starting ahead of Casey matthews at WILL, great move. I just don't understand why the eagles are so much better at drafting in the late rounds than the early ones.

Not really, at the very least he's an improvement over Matthews.

That's not saying very much at all.

BuckeyeDan17
09-29-2011, 01:36 PM
lol@ DQwell Jackson AFC player of the month wtf

bigbluedefense
09-29-2011, 01:41 PM
How is Ray Lewis still so damn good? (insert HGH joke here)

I think by the time he hangs up his cleats, he'll justifiably be considered the greatest MIKE of all time, ahead of the immortal Dick Butkus.

Splat
09-29-2011, 01:54 PM
He's pretty much like and aged QB on D. There is just nothing he hasn't seen before. He might not have the same speed but his knowledge of the game is outstanding.

DoughBoy
09-29-2011, 01:56 PM
IDK I have seen a couple of Philly games this year and Brian Rolle seems like a HUGE improvement over Casey Matthews.

killxswitch
09-29-2011, 02:09 PM
I realize Casey isn't very good but where expectations of him ever fair? I think people just assumed he would blow up because of his brother. He's a 4th round rookie LB.

keylime_5
09-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Rolle is great in coverage. Dude can fly. He looked good against the Giants. Only knock is that he is freakin' tiny. Matthews looks lost out there.

Great to see DQ Jackson get AFC defensive player of the month. He missed the last 2 seasons with injuries and is an awesome fit in Dick Jauron's 4-3 as a downfield linebacker.

CDCB14
09-29-2011, 02:18 PM

Eagles fans, get **** on!

Go_Eagles77
09-29-2011, 02:55 PM
Asante will be gone long before Maclin and McCoy. As for all the one year rentals, it's not like any of them have really done anything of note except maybe Evan Mathis, and all of them (including Mathis) are very replaceable.
As for the QB situation, I'd love to see them draft a legit 1st round QB in the next couple of years, which is a scary thought with how good Reid is at developing QBs and how QB-friendly the offense is.

Complex
09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Anyone know if Kendall Hunter going to take Frank Gores starters spot?

Bulldogs
09-29-2011, 03:13 PM

Wondering this myself.

LonghornsLegend
09-29-2011, 03:14 PM

Right now? No way. Hunter deserves the ball more and some sort of RBBC, but he's not going to outright take Gore's job at any point this year if Gore can play. Doesn't mean he won't be better or more explosive but I don't see them making that kind of move so soon after giving him that contract.

Bulldogs
09-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Right now? No way. Hunter deserves the ball more and some sort of RBBC, but he's not going to outright take Gore's job at any point this year if Gore can play. Doesn't mean he won't be better or more explosive but I don't see them making that kind of move so soon after giving him that contract.

I was under the impression Gore was injured.

LonghornsLegend
09-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Oh if you meant for just this week then possibly. I think he practiced limited. I was thinking you guys meant just naming Hunter the starter for the rest of the season. For this weeks it seems unlikely Gore plays or plays very well.

CC.SD
09-30-2011, 09:54 AM
Cromartie, who suffered a bruised lung while tackling Raiders receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey on Sunday, said he exposed his midsection to the collision because he was afraid that his paycheck would be docked if he went in head-first.

“I tried to change the way I hit him because I didn’t want to get a fine,” Cromartie said. “At the last second, I put my shoulder in too much and went from there.”

Who knew Cro had a sense of humor? I mean seriously who is he trying to kid...the idea that a fear of being fined (child support payments notwithstanding) is keeping Cro from hitting people, more than just being a giant vagina, is the flimsiest excuse I've heard in a long time.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 11:34 AM
People act like this was the first time Nmandi got beat this year. He was torched in St. Louis too but drew a PA to put the ball on the 1 yard line.

He also got beat against Atlanta.

He hasn't lived up to his contract yet. That's the reality of it. He will bounce back, I'm sure of it, especially once Philly gets their head out of their ass and runs more bump and run coverage, but he's not invincible.

Never has been. For all the Nmandi lovers out there, I bet more than half of them didn't watch him regularly. He's still hands down the 2nd best CB in the league, but he's not invincible. He could be had.

Hell, I've seen Rivers and Jackson get him a couple of times. He's not some unstoppable force like he's made out to be.

I think that this is symptomatic of the view of corners as a whole. Its not just Nnamdi. Good corners get beat all of the time. Revis has been burned (remembering when Brady connected with Moss over him for the one handed touchdown grab that looked way too easy)

The mark of a good corner is one who when thrown on would be able to stop maybe 6 out of 10 passes either through deflection or re-routing his receiver (int for the most part are mistakes made by the offense)

This idea of a shut-down corner comes more from the fact that teams when given the option to throw to a Nnamdi or a Revis etc Vs. the secondary corner throw to the other guy because of a higher potential for success, not some terrible fear of the former. They know that they threw at them 20 times in a game they might get 8 completions but if they throw at the other guy they can get 14. (I know its not this exact im just giving an empirical example)

So is Nnamdi losing his game? No, he's just got another probowl corner on the other side now and in the slot so the dispersion of throws will be more even across the 3 and it just so happens that Nnamdi is taking on the #1 wideout of every team.

BeerBaron
09-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Hell, Ted ******* Ginn burned Revis once. As embarrassing as that may be, if given the choice of any CB in the league to add to my team, I'd still pick Revis first. It just goes to show that every defender will get beat on occasion...

A similar thing can be said about pass rushers. If a pass rusher gets 16 sacks, that is a great season for him. That means he averaged one per game... He could have been absolutely stonewalled one all but on play in every one of those games, but if he breaks through once for a big sack, he's a hero.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Hell, Ted ******* Ginn burned Revis once. As embarrassing as that may be, if given the choice of any CB in the league to add to my team, I'd still pick Revis first. It just goes to show that every defender will get beat on occasion...

A similar thing can be said about pass rushers. If a pass rusher gets 16 sacks, that is a great season for him. That means he averaged one per game... He could have been absolutely stonewalled one all but on play in every one of those games, but if he breaks through once for a big sack, he's a hero.

Its just facts, the Offense has the advantage in this league and more than 50% of the time, they will win a position vs. position battle.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Also I don't like your implying that Ted Ginn Jr. is not good sir :P

BeerBaron
09-30-2011, 12:04 PM
He's an alright return man.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 02:08 PM
He's an alright return man.

Yea I'm just a raging Buckeye fan don't mind me

V.I.P
09-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Yayy, October! Players get to run around wearing pink!

http://www.fantasyfootballchallenge.com/images/player_photos/buccaneers-running-back-legarrette-blount-rushes-against-the-bengals.jpg

BeerBaron
09-30-2011, 10:23 PM
That's still just so wrong...

Donate some money and maybe wear one of those little pink ribbon things on your jersey.

bigbluedefense
10-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Revis is the real deal. I see him every week. Honestly the only 2 times that I can recall in the past 3 years that Revis got beat were that 1 pass to Ginn and the 1 to Moss. And he struggled vs Harvin, but the guy was playing 4 weeks with a bad hamstring. Those plays to Harvin and to Moss...hell, he probably shouldn't have even been playing those games, he was not healthy.

Beaten twice in 3 years is pretty darn good though. Revis is in his own league, he's the best CB I've seen in a long long time. Dare I say since Deion. He needs to do it for a lil while longer before I get bold enough to put him in that class, but Revis is an absolute monster.

Hands down the best DB in the league, and probably 1 of the top 3 defensive players in the league regardless of position. He really is that damn good.

And I have no rooting interest in the guy, it's not like I'm a Jets fan. But the guy really is that damn good. Nmandi isn't in his league.

Another thing about Revis is how they build the defense around him. They overload blitz on Revis' side and dare you to throw at him. His guy is hot often. But he's so damn good, you can't throw it that way like...ever. That's what makes the Jets defense so good.

Look at their defense player for player. It's not the most star studded defense in the league. That defense is built around Revis and Rex's brilliance in designing plays around his talent. Revis is an absolute beast.

Babylon
10-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I'm saying first team to six wins takes the NFC Worst. I'm thinking all 4 teams split their division games (3 wins) then the team that wins 3 games on the road gets the crown, although i cant for the life of me see any of them winning 3 away from home.

Sloopy
10-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Revis is the real deal. I see him every week. Honestly the only 2 times that I can recall in the past 3 years that Revis got beat were that 1 pass to Ginn and the 1 to Moss. And he struggled vs Harvin, but the guy was playing 4 weeks with a bad hamstring. Those plays to Harvin and to Moss...hell, he probably shouldn't have even been playing those games, he was not healthy.

Beaten twice in 3 years is pretty darn good though. Revis is in his own league, he's the best CB I've seen in a long long time. Dare I say since Deion. He needs to do it for a lil while longer before I get bold enough to put him in that class, but Revis is an absolute monster.

Hands down the best DB in the league, and probably 1 of the top 3 defensive players in the league regardless of position. He really is that damn good.

And I have no rooting interest in the guy, it's not like I'm a Jets fan. But the guy really is that damn good. Nmandi isn't in his league.

Another thing about Revis is how they build the defense around him. They overload blitz on Revis' side and dare you to throw at him. His guy is hot often. But he's so damn good, you can't throw it that way like...ever. That's what makes the Jets defense so good.

Look at their defense player for player. It's not the most star studded defense in the league. That defense is built around Revis and Rex's brilliance in designing plays around his talent. Revis is an absolute beast.

I'd wouldn't say he is invincible, he struggles if he doesn't have that sideline as a helper and you force him to possibly go both ways (similar to how Nnamdi always played the right side in Oakland) but if you read my earlier post you will know it's nothing to be held against him.

RaiderNation
10-01-2011, 08:34 PM
After we play the Patriots the DMC for MVP campaign will start. I'm seeing a 120+ rushing yards and 2 tds this week. As long as he stays healthy we will be able to run the ball of anybody.

yo123
10-01-2011, 08:39 PM
CJ didn't even win MVP in his 2,000 yard season though....

RaiderNation
10-01-2011, 08:48 PM

DMC is literally putting the Raiders on his back this year. Our oline has improved significantly with Wiz playing great as a rookie at LG and Veldheer looks like a quality LT. If we win the division I expect for DMC to be in discussion for MVP.

Sloopy
10-01-2011, 08:52 PM

You can put up all the stats in the world but more often than not the MVP doesn't go to players on teams that go 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

SickwithIt1010
10-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Asante will be gone long before Maclin and McCoy. As for all the one year rentals, it's not like any of them have really done anything of note except maybe Evan Mathis, and all of them (including Mathis) are very replaceable.
As for the QB situation, I'd love to see them draft a legit 1st round QB in the next couple of years, which is a scary thought with how good Reid is at developing QBs and how QB-friendly the offense is.

This...

...Vicks contract has outs in it, I'm sure, so if his play hits the fan he will be out...but until then we will keep him. Asante will be off the payroll before Maclin and McCoy need to get paid so I'm sure that we will be able to keep the nucleus of our offense in tact.

I hope to see them soon draft a QB high in the draft to start grooming sooner than later as well.

tjsunstein
10-02-2011, 06:51 AM
No Daniel Thomas for Miami today. Slaton will fill in for him.

Hines
10-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Looks like Gore is out.

billybeejr
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
I was discussing with my friend yesterday, and we've come to the conclusion that The Eagles are in a lot of trouble. If they don't change things up drastically, Vick won't make it to the bye week. He's just too small and takes too many hits. They can't block the blitz, and I guess he's too short or something to make teams pay for blitzing. Is it possible the NFL has the guy "figured out"? He has turned the rock over in every game since that redskins game. He takes too many hits. Is the problem fixable? The Eagles missing the playoffs is looking like a real possiblity.

senormysterioso
10-02-2011, 10:21 AM
I think the Eagles being last in the NFC East is a real possibility.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm going to have to unfortunately miss most if not all of the Falcons game today. I am not a happy camper.

yo123
10-02-2011, 11:15 AM
I wish I could miss most if not all of the Vikings game.

Smooth Criminal
10-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I wish I could miss most if not all of the Vikings game.

Just watch the firs half and pretend the rest didn't happen. Vikings might be 16-0 if you keep that up.

EvilNixon
10-02-2011, 11:22 AM
http://patsblog.projo.com/millen1211-thumb-500x336.jpg

Matt Millen smackin the taste out of then Patriots GM Patrick Sullivan's mouth

Let's go Raiders!

thenewfeature06
10-02-2011, 11:24 AM
^^^ solid photography.

Giantsfan1080
10-02-2011, 11:25 AM
No Tuck for the Giants. Osi back and will be starting.

Complex
10-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I started Kendall Hunter lets hope he lives up to the preseason hype and the eagles run D sucks.

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 11:47 AM
ha this frank caliendo bit with him being Barkley is good stuff

Hines
10-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Mario Williams is going to won Trai Essex today.

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 11:52 AM
This is a huge game for Houston...Im hoping the pull it out. The Steelers o-line should get destroyed

thenewfeature06
10-02-2011, 11:53 AM
ha this frank caliendo bit with him being Barkley is good stuff

Who lied to you?

Razor
10-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I started Kendall Hunter lets hope he lives up to the preseason hype and the eagles run D sucks.

Kendall Hunter is the best RB on the 49er roster.

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Who lied to you?

helgh?_________

scottyboy
10-02-2011, 11:59 AM
if anyone could PM me a link for the cowboys game so my room mate will stop bitching and I can write this paper before the Giants game it'd be super swell and i'd love you forever

yo123
10-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Yay at least we get Gus Johnson for this week's collapse.

Brodeur
10-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Is Joe Buck allergic to emotion?

yo123
10-02-2011, 12:05 PM
We have the worst 3rd down offense in the history of the NFL.

M.O.T.H.
10-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Sensabaugh!!!!!

FuzzyGopher
10-02-2011, 12:07 PM
We have the worst 3rd down offense in the history of the NFL.

You don't like play actions to running backs that aren't there?

Brodeur
10-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Stafford ignores a WIDE open Burleson and overthrows Calvin for an INT, ugh.

yo123
10-02-2011, 12:08 PM
We have the worst third down defense in the history of the NFL.

ElectricEye
10-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I don't know what the hell Stafford was doing there. He had CJ is he took his time.