PDA

View Full Version : The newest Rams dilemma: Bradford or Luck?

ArkyRamsFan
09-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Well, with the latest massacre in the books and the Rams once again quitting like little girls, we are now the definite front-runners for the first pick in the 2012 draft. This brings up an interesting dilemma that is being hotly debated among many Rams fans:

1.) Should the Rams attempt to trade Bradford and then select A. Luck?

OR

2.) Should the Rams trade the pick and keep Bradford?

I would like to hear which scenario ya'll think the Rams should take.

OBTW You can book it that Spags and Billy Devaney will be fired at the end of the year. Time for yet another house cleaning and friggin' rebuilding program. Man, it is not easy being a Rams fan - trust me...

hawkeye123
09-26-2011, 07:26 PM
They would trade the pick for a king's ransom.

mqtirishfan
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
They won't get the first overall pick. With Bradford and Steven Jackson in the NFC West, you'll win at least 5 or 6 games.

tjsunstein
09-26-2011, 07:33 PM
The Andrew Luck hypotheticals are getting out of control.

Hurricanes25
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM

Yup. Every bad team is going to get their own Luck thread.

Anyways, Bradford is their guy.

stephenson86
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Yea lets get rid of a young QB with great potential who is struggling with **** receivers for another young QB with great potential and put him in a **** situation. You keep Bradford who himself has all-star potential.

ArkyRamsFan
09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
They won't get the first overall pick. With Bradford and Steven Jackson in the NFC West, you'll win at least 5 or 6 games.

Sorry, mebbe I didn't make myself clear. The Rams have QUIT playing for Steve Spagnuolo - just like they did with Scott Linehan.

We are going to have the first pick in the draft. Period.

OBTW S. Jackson is still injured and now Sam has a toe injury himself. Not surprising, really, after taking 5 sacks and about a dozen hits yesterday from the Ravens. He is in the process of being "Bulgerized" as we speak...

mqtirishfan
09-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Yup. Every bad team is going to get their own Luck thread.

Packers for Luck! Screw that Rodgers guy.

cvv84
09-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Pointless thread, but they need weapons either at RB or WR. Jackson is on his last legs.

NOLAFan
09-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Sorry, mebbe I didn't make myself clear. The Rams have QUIT playing for Steve Spagnuolo - just like they did with Scott Linehan.

We are going to have the first pick in the draft. Period.

OBTW S. Jackson is still injured and now Sam has a toe injury himself. Not surprising, really, after taking 5 sacks and about a dozen hits yesterday from the Ravens. He is in the process of being "Bulgerized" as we speak...

Yeah...no. Your not gonna have the first pick unless every starter on your team falls over dead now. PERIOD.

tjsunstein
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Just move this to the Rams team board. Maybe they will care over there and actually think that this is a possibility.

vidae
09-26-2011, 07:49 PM
You're not going to have anywhere near the first pick. You played three strong teams in the first three weeks and the easier part of your schedule is coming up. You'll be fine.

Ness
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Even if the Rams had the first selection in the draft, Bradford is only in his second season. You don't give up on a franchise quarterback that early. That's dumb. The smart thing to do would be to trade that pick for a lot of other picks to help Bradford and get him some legitimate help at wide receiver or tight end.

Breed
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I was actually first to say this...
Rams better not pass up on Andrew Luck.

mqtirishfan
09-26-2011, 08:05 PM
I was actually first to say this...

And it's just as wrong now as it was then.

Bengalsrocket
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
trade Bradford to the Bengals please.

nepg
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
The Rams haven't quit on the coach. They played 3 elite defenses, and only the last game was a bad loss... They're not anywhere near the first pick in the draft. They're looking at taking the NFC West still.

descendency
09-26-2011, 08:26 PM
If they don't take an elite playmaker (Alshon Jeffery), Sam Bradford should retire like Carson Palmer.

Babylon
09-26-2011, 10:47 PM
I think they would stick with Bradford but yeah they'll win some games in the pillow fight division that is the NFC West.

SolidGold
09-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Trent Richardson would be a nice pick for the Rams to replace Steven Jackson who will be 30 next year. They probably will be replacing Jason Smith too. How he was picked 2nd overall is beyond me.

Jvig43
09-26-2011, 11:07 PM
The threads being made are getting out of control.

I fixed this for truth. There should be a point system to determine if you can make threads or something from now on.

SickwithIt1010
09-26-2011, 11:22 PM

The realest one around really is the colts...

....They are horrid.

yodabear
09-26-2011, 11:37 PM
YES! Usually I am the one overreacting about the Rams, but this...this takes it to a new level. Call me a homer, an optimist, whatever. We've by far had the hardest schedule among our NFC West counter parts. Look at the teams our division has beaten: not impressive (no offense 49ers fans, but the Bengals and Seahawks, Cardinals: the Panthers, Seahawks: the Cardinals.) Not impressive. We can do this. Don't give up hope, we'll be fine. And stay with Bradford and draft Blackmon!

Caddy
09-26-2011, 11:38 PM
They are one of the select few teams I don't think can draft Luck. Assuming Bradford shows improvement from last season and assuming they get the #1 pick I don't see how they justify taking him. If a team who already has a young franchise QB, I say they trade the pick for whatever they can.

Raiderz4Life
09-26-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm loving how the title implies that the Rams have locked up the no. 1 pick.

Colts and Chiefs are the favorites imo.

I'm rly torn and hope some team comes outta nowhere and blows even harder cuz I would be pissed off if the Colts get Luck and I sure as hell don't want him in the AFC West.

killxswitch
09-26-2011, 11:45 PM
You silly people don't understand. We have the ultimate Luck weapon in Curtis Painter.

descendency
09-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Trent Richardson would be a nice pick for the Rams to replace Steven Jackson who will be 30 next year. They probably will be replacing Jason Smith too. How he was picked 2nd overall is beyond me.

Smith flashes and Richardson doesn't belong top 5, IMO. Though, it really depends on how far they could trade down if they were #1.

descendency
09-26-2011, 11:47 PM
You silly people don't understand. We have the ultimate Luck weapon in Curtis Painter.

KC vs Indy will clearly be the Andrew Luck Bowl.

fenikz
09-26-2011, 11:50 PM
if you trade bradford and take luck you save about 40 mil

yodabear
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
WE'RE NOT GONNA BE THAT ******* BAD. We are not gonna be close. WE ARE STILL WINNING THE MOTHER ******* NFC WEST! BOOM!

Raiderz4Life
09-26-2011, 11:55 PM
WE'RE NOT GONNA BE THAT ******* BAD. We are not gonna be close. WE ARE STILL WINNING THE MOTHER ******* NFC WEST! BOOM!

But ArkyRamsFan already said you have a dilemma =/

DanZilla
09-26-2011, 11:59 PM
only week 3 and talking about getting rid of Bradford? gotta love some people

yodabear
09-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Well some people just make me do these things. Sorry guys, but I am hooked.

PJQVlVHsFF8

Complex
09-27-2011, 12:06 AM
I hope Andrew Luck stays in school again this year.

AHungryWalrus
09-27-2011, 12:51 AM
I hope Andrew Luck stays in school again this year.

Well, seeing as EVERY time we have a SUREFIRE first overall pick for next year around this time, they always get waaaay over analyzed when they don't turn out to be Jesus, and everyone second guesses how good they really are by actual draft time. So who knows.

nepg
09-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Well, seeing as EVERY time we have a SUREFIRE first overall pick for next year around this time, they always get waaaay over analyzed when they don't turn out to be Jesus, and everyone second guesses how good they really are by actual draft time. So who knows.
Pssshhh... That never happens.

holt_bruce81
09-27-2011, 01:37 AM
Stupid thread.

At worse we get 5-6 wins and are picking top 10 and hopefully have an option of either Alshon or blackmon.

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 07:30 AM

I'm starting to think it's going to be impossible for Luck to live up to the hype. I never seen a prospect hyped up this much in a long long time. It's almost as if we're expecting him to guarantee his team 3 SBs or something. It's getting ridiculous.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm starting to think it's going to be impossible for Luck to live up to the hype. I never seen a prospect hyped up this much in a long long time. It's almost as if we're expecting him to guarantee his team 3 SBs or something. It's getting ridiculous.
Three Super Bowls his rookie year, you mean? Because those are the expectations that some people legitimately have for him here. He'll be a bust on the boards but still be a franchise QB. The expectations are ridiculous. I've never seen this kind of hype.

nrk
09-27-2011, 07:50 AM
The Rams would be stupid to pass on Luck. He's a lock for Canton.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Three Super Bowls his rookie year, you mean? Because those are the expectations that some people legitimately have for him here. He'll be a bust on the boards but still be a franchise QB. The expectations are ridiculous. I've never seen this kind of hype.

Seriously. It's getting completely ridiculous. What makes Luck such an impressive prospect is that he's at least above average in everything and is unlikely to bust. Not that he's going to be a HOF player right off the bat.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Yeah, people are making it seem like half the league is tanking to get him(which I don't think is close to truth by the way. I'm sure a few GMs would love it, but good luck telling the players to lose on purpose so rookies can take their jobs).

That said though, IF the Rams get the top pick with a healthy Bradford, I say **** it. If Bradford leads you to a 32nd place finish, in a league with the Colts, Chiefs and Broncos, I don't care if it's year 2, he's not the guy.

Brothgar
09-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Even if the Rams had the first selection in the draft, Bradford is only in his second season. You don't give up on a franchise quarterback that early. That's dumb. The smart thing to do would be to trade that pick for a lot of other picks to help Bradford and get him some legitimate help at wide receiver or tight end.

I think the TE's they've got have a lot of potential but Justin Blackmon wouldn't be a bad option. The question is if another team with a QB has the second pick will the Rams be able to move the pick?

Sloopy
09-27-2011, 10:32 AM
if you trade bradford and take luck you save about 40 mil

Your still gunna eat the largest Rookie bonus in NFL history...

The Rams would be stupid to pass on Luck. He's a lock for Canton.

... no.

Luck is still at the end of the day, not that much different than any other top QB's that have come out recently (Bradford, Stafford, etc.) He is certainly an NFL ready QB but preordaining him as a HOF is ridiculous he has just as much of a chance of being a HOF as Bradford and Stafford.

Somehow the media circus and the fact that his last name is Luck leading to humeruous slogans have turned Luck into something way more than he is: The safest choice in the draft... Does anyone remember when Aaron Curry was concidered the safest pick in the draft?

Splat
09-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Can we make it so no new people can join?

no bare feet
09-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I jsut confused myself 19 times in my response.
So many variables here.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Can we make it so no new people can join?
And delete the majority of people who have joined after the draft in April?

bigbluedefense
09-27-2011, 10:56 AM
As stated, Luck is a great prospect bc he's such a safe prospect. He's not necessarily gonna be Aaron Rodgers.

But worst case scenario he's Matt Ryan, and with so much uncertainty in the NFL Draft, especially with qbs, when you get a guy who's that safe of a pick at the qb position he becomes a premium pick.

So we all need to temper expectations. Relax. He won't win the SB as a rookie guys. I almost feel bad for him bc of all the pressure he'll face now.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:05 AM
There's no way anyone is going to temper expectations when it's Week 4 of the NFL season/ Week 5 of College Football. Stanford is a Top 5 team with the heart of their schedule not even close to coming up. Imagine what kind of boner the media will have for him when he beats USC, Oregon, and Notre Dame. Then their bowl game. Then the combine. The infatuation will only grow stronger. This is one of the very rare cases where I don't think people start overanalyzing him. He's proven he has the tools over and over again.

I can't say I feel bad for him, yet. He's living the dream right now. Stanford education, consensus #1 player in college football, and millions of dollars to come. Media won't be as hard on him as they would had Cam started slow. Because Cam had notable weaknesses in college and off the field issues. Every Luck supporter now will continue to back him to their grave. Even if he throws 30 INTs a year, it will never be his fault. I promise.

Sloopy
09-27-2011, 11:05 AM
I can't believe the kind of hype this guy is getting. Even Peyton wasn't this overhyped, and he's about as close to an immediate turn around for an organization as drafting one player gets (3-13 his rookie year to 13-3 the following year)

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
All I'm trying to say is learn to like it or forever hate it because there won't be an in between with Luck.

Splat
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
He is better than Matt Cassel that is all I care about.

Babylon
09-27-2011, 11:16 AM

And Tavarus Jackson.

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Cue fans of half the league echoing this statement but with their team's underachieving/young/unfavorable/whatever else kind of QB they may have.

killxswitch
09-27-2011, 11:27 AM

All I care about is stashing him on the bench to learn from Manning for 2-3 years and having back-to-back top 3 NFL QBs for 30 years straight. SCHWING

Sloopy
09-27-2011, 11:30 AM
All I care about is stashing him on the bench to learn from Manning for 2-3 years and having back-to-back top 3 NFL QBs for 30 years straight. SCHWING

And then everyone will proclaim Chris Polian "just as good if not better than Bill" and everyone will cheer!!!... and ill sit home on my couch and die a little inside

tjsunstein
09-27-2011, 11:33 AM
And then everyone will proclaim Chris Polian "just as good if not better than Bill" and everyone will cheer!!!... and ill sit home on my couch and die a little inside
As long as everyone knows that Ted Thompson mastered that already.

nrk
09-27-2011, 04:14 PM
... no.

Luck is still at the end of the day, not that much different than any other top QB's that have come out recently (Bradford, Stafford, etc.) He is certainly an NFL ready QB but preordaining him as a HOF is ridiculous he has just as much of a chance of being a HOF as Bradford and Stafford.

Somehow the media circus and the fact that his last name is Luck leading to humeruous slogans have turned Luck into something way more than he is: The safest choice in the draft... Does anyone remember when Aaron Curry was concidered the safest pick in the draft?

I still have my Sam Bradford sig, I thought that'd be enough of a hint to tell I was joking :p

Rabscuttle
09-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Just move this to the Rams team board. Maybe they will care over there and actually think that this is a possibility.

Unless all five remaining Rams fans on the interwebs have joined this board, that will be one quiet discussion. It's over in St Loooey stick a fork in that town, deflate the jones dome and move back to LA.

descendency
09-27-2011, 05:03 PM
After throwing 4 INTs, we should trade Brady and draft Luck. I mean look at what happened to Peyton. . .

see... even patriots fan can be sarcastic.

ryno626
09-27-2011, 05:07 PM
draft Luck and put them both in the backfield! Did Jason Smith ever recover from the concussion? He had a pretty nasty one last year correct?

San Diego Chicken
09-27-2011, 05:52 PM
I didn't realize how difficult their schedule is. They've lost to the Eagles, Giants and Ravens and their next 5 games are vs. Washington, @ Green Bay, @ Dallas, vs. New Orleans, @ Arizona, @ Cleveland. Arizona is the only team out of that group that isn't above .500 or now. Tough to see the Rams getting more than 2 wins in the next six games because their secondary has been awful. The schedule is much easier in the second half of the season but by then they may be well out of playoff contention.

San Diego Chicken
09-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Also, am I reading these stats on Bradford correctly? He's only completed 50% of his passes and thrown 2 touchdowns? Ouch, he needs to play much better. I realize his receivers are weak but the season is slipping away. Sunday is a must win for them.

nrk
09-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Bradford also hasn't had Steven Jackson, 6 attempts on the season. Their best receiver in Amendola is out. Their terrible receiving core dropped 10 passes against the Eagles. Not sure about the other games. He won't win them many games without help, especially giving up 28+ points a game.

I could just be an apologist though.

Rosebud
09-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Also, am I reading these stats on Bradford correctly? He's only completed 50% of his passes and thrown 2 touchdowns? Ouch, he needs to play much better. I realize his receivers are weak but the season is slipping away. Sunday is a must win for them.

Dude, they're one game out of the NFC West lead...Sunday is not a must win for them. If they get 3 wins out of the next 6 you listed, which is doable with Cleveland and Arizona on the schedule, they could still win that division.

Raiderz4Life
09-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Dude, they're one game out of the NFC West lead...Sunday is not a must win for them. If they get 3 wins out of the next 6 you listed, which is doable with Cleveland and Arizona on the schedule, they could still win that division.

Cleveland's not gonna be THAT easy. Winnable, yes, but if they get Hillis healthy and McCoy's been pretty good..they could beat the Rams.

nrk
09-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Cleveland's not gonna be THAT easy. Winnable, yes, but if they get Hillis healthy and McCoy's been pretty good..they could beat the Rams.

I didn't realize they played the Browns. McCoy vs Bradford, I'm actually excited for that game now.

AntoinCD
09-27-2011, 06:04 PM
St Louis aren't going to be picking 1st, prob not even top 5 so Luck isn't even a consideration.

Everyone knew the Rams were a multiple year project and last year was a byproduct of them playing above their talent and the NFC West being absolutely horrendous.

Sam Bradford is the future in St Louis but he needs weapons. He needs someone who can either be a gamebreaker with the ball in their hands or a vertical outside threat. Realistically they can't go wrong with any of the top 3 WRs next year

San Diego Chicken
09-27-2011, 06:20 PM

It's doable, but they have to play dramatically better as a team. Even just aside from the difficulty of the next six games, only 2 of them are home games. It's not just that they're 0-3, they've been thumped by double digits in each loss. A lot of people, including me, thought this team was ready to take the next step.

Rosebud
09-27-2011, 06:36 PM

Didn't mean that it'd be easy. Just that they could still definitely walk away with wins in both of those games while stealing one of the other 4.

Rosebud
09-27-2011, 06:37 PM
It's doable, but they have to play dramatically better as a team. Even just aside from the difficulty of the next six games, only 2 of them are home games. It's not just that they're 0-3, they've been thumped by double digits in each loss. A lot of people, including me, thought this team was ready to take the next step.

*shrug* they played well enough against the giants. Take away a couple big plays and great red zone stands from our D and the rams could win that game, so it's not like they've gotten blown out in every game.

yodabear
09-27-2011, 10:50 PM

Well, I thought we'd win the division. Winning our division...its debateable whether thats the next step.

Vikes99ej
09-27-2011, 10:51 PM
This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen.

Splat
09-27-2011, 10:58 PM

It's second to this.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48786

yodabear
09-27-2011, 11:06 PM

Well in his defense, we are 0-3.....but yeah it sorta is.

CC.SD
09-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Can I start a 'Blow for Barkley' thread?

Job Reborn
09-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Only if you leave out "for".

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Luck is a substantially better prospect than Bradford, and Bradford hasn't shown that he's Joe Montana and just far outplayed his own expectations as a prospect.

If you can upgrade at the most crucial position... why not?

Splat
09-30-2011, 11:39 AM
Luck is a substantially better prospect than Bradford, and Bradford hasn't shown that he's Joe Montana and just far outplayed his own expectations as a prospect.

I have 70 million reasons.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 11:40 AM

Bradford hasn't proved that much but Luck has proven NOTHING. At the end of the day he is untested in the NFL. If you use another 1st round pick on Luck, even if he turns out to be better, you have still wasted a 1st round pick and not in that "my first round pick is a bust" kind of way... well unless Luck busts (not likely), then yes in that way.

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Then the Rams should trade all their picks for veterans, because no one in the draft is proven. WIN!!!

If you believe Luck is going to be a better QB, you take him, or you can stay mediocre at best.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Then the Rams should trade all their picks for veterans, because no one in the draft is proven. WIN!!!

If you believe Luck is going to be a better QB, you take him, or you can stay mediocre at best.

I see what you did there...

You said luck is a better prospect. I was saying that YOU Don't know this... because you don't. Bradford could easily have a better career than Luck as he has shown the ability to be a Franchise QB.

This is not the same as having, say, Alex Smith and drafting Luck. Smith has shown no proof that he can be a Franchise QB.

You can try and twist my words but the fact is that your still throwing away a 1st round pick either way whom, in both cases, probably would be franchise Qb's to serviceable starters in this league so why not take the option you have and try and build a team around him.

Hate it or love it, Luck isn't some Demigod sent to earth to give us great football. He's not going to come into the League and instantly change the game. Even peyton took a year to turn his team around in what was probably the closest thing to a turn around for a franchise as selecting one player will ever get (3-13 his rookie year to 13-3 the next) and that is the exception, not the rule.

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Bradford hasn't proven crap. He's a mediocre QB at best.

Luck is a substantially better prospect than Bradford was coming out, and Bradford hasn't changed my mind.

Bradford doesn't look like a franchise QB, he looks like a mediocre QB that can't push the ball downfield. We're projecting both guys going forward, I'll take Luck and run with it, you can have Bradford.

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 12:27 PM

Luck is a substantially better prospect than Bradford was coming out, and Bradford hasn't changed my mind.

Bradford doesn't look like a franchise QB, he looks like a mediocre QB that can't push the ball downfield. We're projecting both guys going forward, I'll take Luck and run with it, you can have Bradford.

Is this a serious post or are you just missing an ellipse at the end?

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 12:29 PM
Don't throw stones. You're taking shots at my evaluation of QBs?

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Don't throw stones. You're taking shots at my evaluation of QBs?

No bro, I was legitimately befuddled in my attempts to determine whether you seriously thought Bradford's a mediocre QB at best or whether you were just parodying the deification of Andrew Luck on this board.

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I think Luck will be an elite QB, I don't think Bradford will. Simple enough?

Idk if he's the next Peyton Manning, but I'll take my chances.

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 12:48 PM
I think Luck will be an elite QB, I don't think Bradford will. Simple enough?

Idk if he's the next Peyton Manning, but I'll take my chances.

Fair enough, but there really isn't that big of a difference in the two's upside that it would make sense in any realm of logic to throw away one that you already have and you're already seeing progress for the other, especially when the other still has never faced an NFL defense.

I like Luck a lot, he's the first prospect that I've liked as much as Eli for just having every check mark covered, but Bradford was a great prospect himself who's already done a lot to disprove the two biggest concerns that knocked him down below Eli and Luck. He's stayed healthy and his accuracy deep has really impressed me, the guy can attack teams deep when he's got receivers getting open there. Meanwhile his accuracy in the short and intermediate passing game and command of his offense is on it's way to being every bit as good as people thought it would become. Whether you liked him as a prospect or not, right now Sam Bradford has done nothing in the NFL to prove that he won't become the next Brady or Brees if he gets some serious weapons.

*shrug* maybe you have a different opinion on Luck's arm strength and deep ball, but to me it's better than Bradford's but not out-of-his-league better arm strength like a Matt Stafford, Big Ben or Josh Freeman. Plus Luck's deep ball will need plenty of work to once he reaches the NFL so I really don't see what creates enough separation between the two young QBs to warrant throwing away a guy as promising as Sam Bradford.

Plus you can't forget who coaches that team. Spags is one of the greatest defensive minds in the league right now, if that team stocks up their defense they won't need a great offense to win Superbowls.

LonghornsLegend
09-30-2011, 01:52 PM
I refuse to waste time putting thoughtful responses to trolling questions.

tjsunstein
09-30-2011, 02:05 PM
I refuse to waste time putting thoughtful responses to trolling questions.
Sometimes I'm embarrassed that I even post in some of these threads.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 02:06 PM

I'm not arguing who is/will be better. I'm saying that throwing away a perfectly decent QB for one who probably won't be overpoweringly better makes no sense. Especially on a team that really needs improvements in other places to become a SB contender. I'd venture to say that one of the WR prospects OL prospects so on and so forth would give you a higher degree of improvement from what they have to what they would get than Bradford to Luck even if Luck is better.

Furthermore I believe Einstein said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; putting another top QB prospect into the exact same situation as Bradford isn't going to change anything.

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Sometimes I'm embarrassed that I even post in some of these threads.

It helps me sort through my own thoughts on a player/topic. *shrug*

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 05:13 PM
Sweater, we can argue all day about other things, but I don't see anything special about Bradford, and I never did, that's what it all boils down to.

yodabear
09-30-2011, 05:14 PM
This whole thread is just a major facepalm.

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Sorry, but this reminds of Matt Ryan threads after his first year, where everyone was brainwashed by ESPN and NFL Network still.

ArkyRamsFan
09-30-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm not arguing who is/will be better. I'm saying that throwing away a perfectly decent QB for one who probably won't be overpoweringly better makes no sense.

Why do you say "throwing away"? If the Rams think Luck is the better prospect don't you think they could get a lot for Bradford in a trade?

And, if they did get a bunch of picks that could go a long way to filling some of this teams holes.

Also, I have heard that Clayton of ESPN has said that he thinks the Rams could get a couple of first rounders for Bradford if it comes to that. Don't know that I agree with this guy all that often but it is interesting to consider.

J-Mike88
09-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Luck would easily fetch a couple of first round picks for the #1 pick (Luck).
Is there anyone here who disagrees with that?

ArkyRamsFan
09-30-2011, 05:49 PM

Should be a lot more than that, Mike. Heck, Atlanta gave up FIVE picks to move up and pick a #2 receiver!! Sure he's gonna be good and all but that was a King's ransom if you ask me.

How much more would be required for a potential Franchise QB?!?

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll take Luck and trade Bradford to Sweater-vest-mafia's team for 15 first round picks, because he's a proven dominant QB.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 06:06 PM
I'll take Luck and trade Bradford to Sweater-vest-mafia's team for 15 first round picks, because he's a proven dominant QB.

Now your just putting words in my mouth and trolling.

However I will agree that we can argue back and forth all day and it won't make a difference.

DraftSavant
09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
The Rams' dilemma isn't between Bradford or Luck.

Their dilemma is whether to draft another offensive tackle. Saffold and Smith are both playing extremely poorly and are recent high draft picks.

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 06:24 PM
The Rams' dilemma isn't between Bradford or Luck.

Their dilemma is whether to draft another offensive tackle. Saffold and Smith are both playing extremely poorly and are recent high draft picks.

Agreed, it wouldn't hurt to pick up some targets for whomever their QB is either, and Steven Jackson might be running out of gas in his career so an heir apparent or flat out replacement wouldn't hurt either in the later rounds.

tjsunstein
09-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Now your just putting words in my mouth and trolling.

However I will agree that we can argue back and forth all day and it won't make a difference.
Know why it won't make a difference? Because this thread is stupid. No one will ever know because the Rams won't have #1 overall. They won't draft Luck. And they will never trade Sam Bradford. I guarantee it.

I thought the original post in this thread was the dumbest thing I've ever come across on this board (well second, move a QB to DE) but it certainly has competition with the responses.

These Andrew Luck hypotheticals have taken a turn for the worst. Before they were cute and funny until it kept going and I realized most of you were serious. I swear some of you jerk off to the thought of him under center for your favorite team.

What has happened to the posters here? It's getting laughable.

Rosebud
09-30-2011, 06:43 PM

One would think so since he's the greatest QB in the history of people throwing footballs...

Sloopy
09-30-2011, 06:43 PM
Know why it won't make a difference? Because this thread is stupid. No one will ever know because the Rams won't have #1 overall. They won't draft Luck. And they will never trade Sam Bradford. I guarantee it.

I thought the original post in this thread was the dumbest thing I've ever come across on this board (well second, move a QB to DE) but it certainly has competition with the responses.

These Andrew Luck hypotheticals have taken a turn for the worst. Before they were cute and funny until it kept going and I realized most of you were serious. I swear some of you jerk off to the thought of him under center for your favorite team.

What has happened to the posters here? It's getting laughable.

I'm with you here... Luck is not what everyone is making him out to be. I just happen to get suckered in easier than you. (although you are still posting in the thread :P )

tjsunstein
09-30-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm with you here... Luck is not what everyone is making him out to be. I just happen to get suckered in easier than you. (although you are still posting in the thread :P )
And I wish I knew why I still click on this thread. It's half entertaining and one hundred percent maddening. There may have been more logic in the NFL being fixed thread.

vidae
09-30-2011, 07:11 PM
And I wish I knew why I still click on this thread. It's half entertaining and one hundred percent maddening. There may have been more logic in the NFL being fixed thread.

That thread was ALL logic and you know it. This one is only half logic.

Saints-Tigers
09-30-2011, 09:21 PM
I never thought that we can't like a QB more than Bradford unless we thought he was the greatest QB of all time.

It's like you guys try so hard not to sound like the "mob" that you go for this extreme opposite that is even more ridiculous.

The Rams probably won't get number 1, but it's not going to kill us to talk about their options if it happened. Crazier things have happened.

Some of us don't think Bradford has a chance to be elite, including a Rams fan here.

I wouldn't bet on Luck being better than Stafford really, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the best QB of his era either... You guys act like it's impossible for someone to be the best QB of the future, but someone has to be that guy.

Rosebud
10-01-2011, 02:25 AM
I never thought that we can't like a QB more than Bradford unless we thought he was the greatest QB of all time.

It's like you guys try so hard not to sound like the "mob" that you go for this extreme opposite that is even more ridiculous.

The Rams probably won't get number 1, but it's not going to kill us to talk about their options if it happened. Crazier things have happened.

Some of us don't think Bradford has a chance to be elite, including a Rams fan here.

I wouldn't bet on Luck being better than Stafford really, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's the best QB of his era either... You guys act like it's impossible for someone to be the best QB of the future, but someone has to be that guy.

And so far there's little empirical reason to think Sam Bradford doesn't have as good a chance to become that best QB of the future as any other young QB when he's got better than average tools and seems to be on his way to becoming a master of his offense and the precision passing game. You might not think he gets there, but if you think there's no chance of it happening you're being a hater and either choosing to delude yourself or just judging from a position of ignorance.

That's why it's stupid to argue the Rams should cash in Bradford if they can draft the unproven Luck, rather than sticking with the guy who's actually faced NFL defenses before, has similar elite potential, and has done an admirable job despite being on a team so bereft of talent that the rams almost never have more talent than their opponents, yet he almost lead them tot he playoffs last year and has a good chance to finally accomplish the feat this year if they can avoid any more major injuries and their luck improves.

PS I'm not sure what your first sentence is supposed to mean. "I never thought that we can't like a QB more than Bradford unless we thought he was the greatest QB of all time." just utterly baffling, so to settle my own curiosity could you please explain that guy to me?

yodabear
10-01-2011, 02:57 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/r_u_kiddin_me_tshirt-p235942078276603670lwk2_210.jpg

http://chroniclesofacosmonut.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/double_facepalm1.jpeg

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001807617/2130184193_polar_bear_face_palm_thumbnail1_xlarge. jpeg

There....this thread even makes the polar bears upset....