PDA

View Full Version : Reiff or Fluker?

RaiderNation
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Kalil and Martin are most everyones top OT in the upcoming draft, but how would everybody rank after them? Reiff is effective at run and pass blocking and could project to LT or RT in the NFL. Fluker is a redshirt Sophomore who looks to be the top oline prospect in his class and could be a top 15 pick if he were to declare early.

keylime_5
09-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Reiff is a better prospect than Martin IMO. He'll probably be a top 10, at least top 15 pick. Martin I could see dropping. Martin is kinda smallish, and he plays with DeCastro who is the true star on that O-Line, not to mention Andrew Luck makes his line look good as well. Reiff is a legit LT who can run block very well, has better feet than Bulaga and longer arms.

iowatreat54
09-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm not really all that wise when it comes to OL prospects, but just to chime in with regards to Reiff.

He is a much better all around prospect than Bulaga, with better measurables, more athleticism, and probably better at pass blocking at this point. However, he still has not reached his full potential, does not have as good of technique, and is not as good at run blocking. However, his technique and run blocking are still above average, just not elite.

There's a reason there was a lot of buzz around him being a 1st rounder after last season as a RS Soph.

Also, he has experience with running away from the 5-0 while nekkid. Just something to keep in mind, even though it happened 4 years ago, when it undoubtably comes up when discussing his character.

wicket
09-27-2011, 06:01 PM
reiff over fluker and its not close, i wouldnt touch fluker early tbh

Brown Leader
09-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Reiff has real issues anchoring against the rush but otherwise generally holds up. I like him as a run blocker, especially in a zone scheme, generates movement and is quick off the snap. Fluker is massive but not as quick, more of an in line guy. Haven't watched him a ton but despite his size he recovers and moves pretty well. Not decided yet on which one should be higher.

Ozzy
09-27-2011, 07:32 PM
This is how I have the offensive tackles for the 2012 NFL draft. I left out Fluker because I do not think he will declare, too much trouble against quick defensive lineman at this point in my opinion.

Matt Kalil USC RS JR
Jonathan Martin Stanford JR
Riley Reiff Iowa RS JR
Matt Reynolds BYU
Mike Adams Ohio State
Nate Potter Boise State
Jeff Allen Illinois
Donald Stephenson Oklahoma
Andrew Datko Florida St.
Rokevious Watkins South Carolina
Jermarcus Hardrick Nebraska
Phillip Price Clemson
Jarvis Jones Oklahoma
Joel Figueroa Miami FL
Dan Hoch Missouri
Kyle Nunn South Carolina
James Carmon Miss State
Bradley Sowell Ole Miss
Brandon Mosley Auburn
Mitchell Schwartz Cal
Elvis Fisher Missouri
Steven Baker East Carolina
Josh Oglesby Wisconsin
Mike Harris UCLA
Mike Remmers Oregon State
Zebrie Sanders Florida St.
Mike Ryan UCONN

ToldLikeItIs
09-27-2011, 07:36 PM
You might need to add Markus Zusevics to that list.

He's Iowa's RT, and he's played really, really well this year.

descendency
09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Why is Andrew Datko so low?

Ozzy
09-27-2011, 08:04 PM
descendency Why is Andrew Datko so low?I actually had him much lower than that before, I moved him up. He is ok, stays low when he blocks and if he does succeed it is because of that and he can handle speed off the edge. But overall he is not elite, does not have great size, is not really a powerful blocker, decent but not the prototype some of these others guys are.

Don Vito
09-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Bradley Sowell Ole Miss

FYI, any team who drafts Bradley Sowell needs to have their entire front office fired. He is absolutely terrible at everything. I have no idea how he was on the preseason All-SEC team, but he is absolutely awful and always has been. Somehow he is even worse this season.

If you're going to put any Ole Miss OT on there then do Bobby Massie, but even he has been somewhat disappointing this year considering his expectations.