PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations 2012 Mock Draft 5.0

RaiderNation
09-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Used ESPN's power rankings, questions and comments are welcomed...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

1 Kansas City Chiefs- Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
Cassel looked better against the Chargers, but if they don’t start winning soon they could replace him with Luck.

2 St. Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
Bradford simply doesn’t have a go to WR and he will struggle all season without one, Blackmon looks to be a legit #1 WR with the combination of size, hands and good speed.

3 Indianapolis Colts- Matt Kalil OT USC*
With Luck gone the Colts will need to see what they can do to help Peyton when he comes back, one way is to give him a franchise LT in Kalil.

4 Miami Dolphins- Matt Barkley QB USC*
If Chad Henne and crew don’t start winning games soon Sparano could be fired, which would lead to the new Head Coach wanting a young developmental QB in Barkley here.

5 Minnesota Vikings- Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
One hole for the Vikings is at LT where Charlie Johnson’s play could be upgraded, Martin is a great pass protector that has helped make Andrew Luck into the elite prospect he is.

6 Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
With Jonathan Joseph gone the Bengals have a big need at CB, Kirkpatrick looks to be a legit top 10 pick and has everything a #1 CB needs.

7 Denver Broncos- Quinton Coples DE UNC
The Broncos dline is probably the worst in the league so they need help everywhere, Coples can be a instant starter at DE and plays the run and pass well.

8 Jacksonville Jaguars- Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*
Similarly to the Rams, the Jaguars and Gabbert won’t succeed if he doesn’t have a go to WR, Jeffery has a ton of potential and could be a great red zone weapon.

9 Seattle Seahawks- Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
Most would go QB here, but Pete Carrol seems to really be buying into Tarvaris Jackson, so adding a talented RB like Richardson would be a big upgrade over Lynch who barely has over 100 yards on the season.

10 Arizona Cardinals- Riley Reiff OT Iowa*
The Cardinals need to protect their investment better, Reiff is a slight reach here but would give Arizona a nice tackle duo.

11 Carolina Panthers- Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
With Floyd being a reach here, the Panthers look to help the secondary here by selecting Dennard who is as talented as his former teammate Prince Amuakamara.

12 Cleveland Browns- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
D’Qwell Jackson could be replaced easily with this selection, Burfict is a beast at ILB and would give the Browns their version of Ray Lewis.

13 San Francisco 49ers- Morris Claiborne CB LSU*
The 49ers defense this year has been solid, but one area that could use some help is at CB, Claiborne has really impressed me the last few weeks and is rising the boards with every good performance.

14 Cleveland Browns(f/ATL)- Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
With ILB already being addressed the Browns could look to the other side of the ball, Floyd would give McCoy the #1 WR he needs to become a legit starting QB.

15 Chicago Bears- David DeCastro OL Stanford*
Just like last year the Bears oline could be the big weakness on the team, DeCastro could be a Pro Bowl type OG in the NFL and solidify at least one position on the oline.

16 Philadelphia Eagles- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
I had the feeling the Eagles wouldn’t live up to the hype and so far it looks so, the run defense is average at best and getting a player like Worthy would help.

17 Washington Redskins- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
Grossman started to show what type of player he really is the last 2 games with his sub 60% completion, Jones could sit behind Rex until he is ready.

18 Tennessee Titans- Jared Crick DT Nebraska
One area the Titans need improvement at is DT where they lack a stud to disrupt the opposing offense, Crick has produced every year at Nebraska even without Suh next to him.

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jayron Hasely CB Virginia Tech*
Ronde Barber is 36 and will probably retire after the season and Aqib Talib character can’t be relied on, Hasely excels in zone coverage and would be a nice fit into the Tampa 2.

20 Oakland Raiders- Zach Brown LB UNC
The Raiders defense help the Jets to just 7 points in the 2nd half but one area they still need help at is WLB, Brown is a perfect fit with the combination of his athleticism, pass coverage skills and blitzing abilities.

21 New York Giants- Luke Kuechly LB Boston College*
If the Giants didn’t have injuries in the secondary the defense could be good, they still need help at LB since Greg Jones is starting at ILB so Kuechly would be a ideal fit.

22 Dallas Cowboys- Cordy Glenn OL Georgia
CB or FS seem to be the popular pick for Dallas but they really need help on the interior oline, Glenn would be a starter at LG and help protect Romo.

23 Pittsburgh Steelers- DJ Fluker OT Alabama**
It’s about time the Steelers finally give Big Ben a franchise LT, Fluker could be the 1st OT selected if he were to stay in school though.

24 San Diego Chargers- Devin Taylor DE/OLB South Carolina*
Shaun Phillips is the only productive pass rusher at OLB, Taylor is the type of freak athlete Shawne Merriman was coming out when he was drafted.

25 Houston Texans- TJ McDonald SS USC*
The Texans pass defense was exposed by Drew Brees and they really need an upgrade over Quin at SS, McDonald has the gene of a Pro Bowl player and would be one in Phillips defense.

26 New York Jets- Brandon Jenkins DE/OLB Florida State*
The Jets defense couldn’t get any pressure on the Raiders, Jenkins wouldn’t finally give them a threat at OLB to generate some type of pass rush.

27 Buffalo Bills- Andrew Darko OT Florida State
The Bills right now don’t have any major holes but an area that could use help is at RT, Darko is a big blocker who can be a starter at RT in the NFL.

28 Baltimore Ravens- Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama
Other than Suggs the Ravens don’t have a OLB that has produced like they should, Upshaw is experienced in the 3-4 and is the type of prospect the Ravens usually draft.

29 Detroit Lions- Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
Detroit had a great comeback last Sunday but they were getting exposed by McNabb in the 1st half, adding a talent like Minnifield who has the genes of a Pro Bowler will help the secondary.

30 New England Patriots- Michael Brewster C Ohio State
With Koppen out for the year the Patriots now have a big need at Center, Brewster would be an ideal pick here and would continue their efforts to add youth to the oline.

31 New England Patriots(f/NO)- Robert Lester DB Alabama*
The pass defense has been exposed every game this year and some help at FS is needed, Chung would move to SS and Lester could be a ball hawk in the secondary.

32 Green Bay Packers- Brandon Thompson DL Clemson
A big hole was left on the dline when Cullen Jenkins left in free agency, so adding a pass rusher like Thompson to fill his spot would be a good pick here.

Pat Sims 90
09-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Anything in the secondary is a great pick for the Bengals.

ArkyRamsFan
09-27-2011, 05:18 PM
Good pick for the Rams as Blackmon does fill a huge need, but don't be surprised if the Rams don't go with a guy like Matt Kalil.

Brads has been taking a beating all year and Jason Smith is looking worse every week.

vidae
09-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Great KC pick, obviously.

shylo3716
09-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Used ESPN's power rankings, questions and comments are welcomed...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

2 St. Louis Rams- Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
Bradford simply doesn’t have a go to WR and he will struggle all season without one, Blackmon looks to be a legit #1 WR with the combination of size, hands and good speed. You cannot go wrong taking him at #2 over Alshon Jeffery. Love love love the pick because it is a HUGE need due to the fact that Bradford's WRs can't catch a cold in a St. Louis blizzard.

3 Indianapolis Colts- Matt Kalil OT USC*
With Luck gone the Colts will need to see what they can do to help Peyton when he comes back, one way is to give him a franchise LT in Kalil. VERY cliche` to go that route if you mock the Colts, but why pass up on a Barkley or Jones when Collins is 40ish? They are not bringing Sorgi back.

6 Cincinnati Bengals- Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
With Jonathan Joseph gone the Bengals have a big need at CB, Kirkpatrick looks to be a legit top 10 pick and has everything a #1 CB needs. If by any chance CB is #1 priority on the board for them I see Mo Claiborne, hell Claiborne is the #1 CB prospect as of now IMO.

7 Denver Broncos- Quinton Coples DE UNC
The Broncos dline is probably the worst in the league so they need help everywhere, Coples can be a instant starter at DE and plays the run and pass well. McGahee is 30! Moreno is not the back that we thought he would be coming into the league after stellar years at UGA. If Fox does not go with a WR since they are plagued there I see them continuing the long line of RBs with Richardson. Why not?

9 Seattle Seahawks- Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
Most would go QB here, but Pete Carrol seems to really be buying into Tarvaris Jackson, so adding a talented RB like Richardson would be a big upgrade over Lynch who barely has over 100 yards on the season. Landry Jones has to be the guy, you don't go for a Colin Kaepernick when you have a legitimate 1st Rounder in your lap. T-Jack is not what's happening he is not going to get it done by adding a RB.

11 Carolina Panthers- Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
With Floyd being a reach here, the Panthers look to help the secondary here by selecting Dennard who is as talented as his former teammate Prince Amuakamara. They must be going after a Ryan Broyles in the 2nd but it would be nice for them to get a bigger target on the offensive side of the ball.

With ILB already being addressed the Browns could look to the other side of the ball, Floyd would give McCoy the #1 WR he needs to become a legit starting QB. Greg Little + Michael Floyd = TROUBLE! TROUBLE! TROUBLE!

15 Chicago Bears- David DeCastro OL Stanford*
Just like last year the Bears oline could be the big weakness on the team, DeCastro could be a Pro Bowl type OG in the NFL and solidify at least one position on the oline. How much punishment will Cutler take before he just gives up on the team to FORCE himself out of there. I don't think Lovie gets it that he is decreasing Cutler's NFL career yearly.

16 Philadelphia Eagles- Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
I had the feeling the Eagles wouldn’t live up to the hype and so far it looks so, the run defense is average at best and getting a player like Worthy would help. We all know Andy LOVES Linemen point blank period. LB is a bigger need, but Vick is all we have behind Center. #1 Law of Football. You Protect & Serve your QB!!!!! Again I know LB is a need because our Run D is non-existent, but we need PROTECTION for Vick for crying out loud. We will TRADE UP.....I don't expect you to have trades in your mock this early but we are going to trade up to get the BPA for the OL spot.

17 Washington Redskins- Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
Grossman started to show what type of player he really is the last 2 games with his sub 60% completion, Jones could sit behind Rex until he is ready. You say QB & I say Robert Griffin III won't hurt 1 bit!

18 Tennessee Titans- Jared Crick DT Nebraska
One area the Titans need improvement at is DT where they lack a stud to disrupt the opposing offense, Crick has produced every year at Nebraska even without Suh next to him. Kenny Britt is the future along with off the field problems but they need another weapon opposite of him.

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Jayron Hasely CB Virginia Tech*
Ronde Barber is 36 and will probably retire after the season and Aqib Talib character can’t be relied on, Hasely excels in zone coverage and would be a nice fit into the Tampa 2. You are not going to get censored for HOSLEY Lmfao...HOSLEY!!!! Say it with me HOSLEY!!!! NOT Hasley

20 Oakland Raiders- Zach Brown LB UNC
The Raiders defense help the Jets to just 7 points in the 2nd half but one area they still need help at is WLB, Brown is a perfect fit with the combination of his athleticism, pass coverage skills and blitzing abilities. You still think DVD is your guy? I'm a Cane so take it from me he must get it together physically FIRST before anything else follows with his production. Being 143lbs soaking wet will not make you a successful CB.

22 Dallas Cowboys- Cordy Glenn OL Georgia
CB or FS seem to be the popular pick for Dallas but they really need help on the interior oline, Glenn would be a starter at LG and help protect Romo. Gilmore would be a nice replacement for Newman until he hangs it up or Jerry Jones gets rid of Mike Jenkins

23 Pittsburgh Steelers- DJ Fluker OT Alabama**
It’s about time the Steelers finally give Big Ben a franchise LT, Fluker could be the 1st OT selected if he were to stay in school though. WILL NOT get passed up on by Philly if he is on the board!!!!

Constructive feedback in BOLD

RaiderNation
09-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Constructive feedback in BOLD

I just think it's way to early to say the Colts need to draft a QB, Peyton isn't ruled out for the season(yet), and doctors haven't said they don't think he will ever play again. Until then I'm going somewhat other than QB

Claiborne is very close to being ranked the top CB, but I still think Kirkpatrick should be the top guy. Still have Dennard over him as well for now but i wouldn't be surprised to change that soon.

I just think the Broncos need to fix the defense first before addressing holes on offense. They still have put up points despite not having good talent, but they can't stop the run and the pass defense isn't good either

To me and you it's obvious that Jackson isn't the answer for Seattle, but as of now Carrol is backing him as the starting guy. Maybe they make a trade for a QB in the off season, but right now I am giving then Richardson. They want to run the ball but Lynch and the oline simply haven't been able to

Carolina could add a big WR like Fuller who is a possible late 1st rounder

Not buying into the RG3 1st round hype just yet, but he does have talent. 3rd rounder for me still

There's no WRs with value for the Titans there, that why I went DT. If Floyd were available he would be a nice fit

Hosley Hosley Hosley Hosley Hosley, maybe now i will remember it lmao

DVD has talent but yes I'm not buying him as a starter now. Chekwa looked nice though covering Plaxico. If we want to address CB i think we would go through F/A adding a vet

ChicagoBearsVet23
09-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Good Bears pick

Hurricanes25
09-27-2011, 11:35 PM
Brandon Jenkins to the Jets is a good pick. We could really use a passrusher.

Brown Leader
09-27-2011, 11:55 PM
12 Cleveland Browns- Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
D’Qwell Jackson could be replaced easily with this selection, Burfict is a beast at ILB and would give the Browns their version of Ray Lewis.

With ILB already being addressed the Browns could look to the other side of the ball, Floyd would give McCoy the #1 WR he needs to become a legit starting QB.

DQ easily replaced, lool. 2nd best ILB in the AFC and definite top 5 overall so far-looks 100% back from injury. Not that I don't think we wouldn't draft Burfict though, but it would be at OLB.

At this point, I don't see a 1st rd WR in the Browns plans. Little is being groomed to be the #1 and hasn't shown yet he can't be that. Massaq has made some improvement and looks no less than a 2nd or 3rd guy. Plus Cribbs is the team's best playmaker and will at least lock down a 3rd WR role. ...And a guy is a legit starting QB whether he has a #1 WR or not-wouldn't be shocking if we end up with a 1st round QB.

prock
09-28-2011, 06:32 AM
I do love the fact that last year the Bills had SO many needs, and now you say they really don't have many holes. They really made out a nice roster with late round guys and players other teams gave up on. It's especially with how many first rounders they botched (Maybin, Spiller).

As always, LT is fine for the Vikings. We also could use help at WR, OG, C, and secondary.

RaiderNation
09-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I do love the fact that last year the Bills had SO many needs, and now you say they really don't have many holes. They really made out a nice roster with late round guys and players other teams gave up on. It's especially with how many first rounders they botched (Maybin, Spiller).

As always, LT is fine for the Vikings. We also could use help at WR, OG, C, and secondary.

I just don't see one big hole for them like I do for most of the teams, they aren't really great at one position on the team but solid all around which is why they are having such success. I guess OT like Ive been saying needs some help. I'm not sure if they have any needs on defense as of now, that's a really nice group of players

T-RICH49
09-28-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm T-Rich49 and I approve Andrew Luck

Duffman57
09-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Under absolutely no circumstances would i take Taylor over Jenkins for the Chargers. He is plain and simple the much better pass rusher and fit as an OLB.

Bills2083
09-28-2011, 03:32 PM
I just don't see one big hole for them like I do for most of the teams, they aren't really great at one position on the team but solid all around which is why they are having such success. I guess OT like Ive been saying needs some help. I'm not sure if they have any needs on defense as of now, that's a really nice group of players

If you're talking about the Bills...
At this point in time we could use help at the OLB position, and potentially SS.
On offense, I would look to OT/OG/WR.

ronaldo0017
09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure if they have any needs on defense as of now, that's a really nice group of players

virtual assistant (http://globolstaff.com)

TitanHope
09-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Hmmm, kinda in no man's land between DeCastro and Brewster. If you think Brewster is worth the 18th pick, then he'd absolutely be the best pick. The DL is actually playing great, and rookie DT's Jurrell Casey and Karl Klug are playing out of their minds for rookies, so DT isn't a major need. And although I appreciate Shylo's enthusiasm, WR would be a major luxury pick considering they already have a legit #1 WR in Britt (assuming he recovers fully from the ACL/MCL, but fortunately, it came early in the season), a veteran in Washington who's a rock solid #2, and youth in Jared Cook and Damian Williams.

OG, C, ILB, and SS look like the top needs as of now, with C and ILB needing upgrades and OG and SS having FA departures.

Matthew Jones
09-29-2011, 04:25 PM
You nailed the top two positions of need for the Patriots but I feel like both guys are reaches. Still, I could see the Patriots choosing someone ahead of their draft slot.