PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal here with the Redskins Simulating the Snap count?

bucfan12
09-28-2011, 09:32 AM
I saw this on ESPN last night where the Cowboys O-Line was saying the Washington Redskins were simulating the snap count, which led to all those botched snaps. Honestly, I'm not a bit surprised if it were true. I don't think there was that bad of a miscommunication between a QB and Center. Wonder how big of a fine the SKins might be facing.

tjsunstein
09-28-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm pretty sure they can't do anything about it after the game. During the game, it can be a 15 yard penalty. I'm not sure if the Redskins were ever called for it Monday Night.

MetSox17
09-28-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't understand how the refs could let it happen all game long, its against the rules and not once was it enforced. It nearly cost Dallas the game if not for captain clutch tony romo :D

WMD
09-28-2011, 01:10 PM
You'd think someone would complain to the refs about that. I don't see why it wouldn't be called if it was happening, unless the NFL has it out for the Cowboys now.

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2011, 01:12 PM
PRobably didn't happen, just more excuses.

diesel
09-28-2011, 01:27 PM
I was more concerned about the Jets having 0 penalties in week 1 against us than that. Shouldn't matter if they are calling the snap count or not you should be able to adjust to that, absolutely no excuses. Also Williams was basically tackling Ware out there when all else failed. Also for anyone who thinks we get all the calls; Dallas has 21 penalties for 158 yards and opponents are at 9 for 60 yards in the first 3 games.

Saints-Tigers
09-28-2011, 01:33 PM
People do know that teams aren't entitled to the same amount of penalties? Someone has to have the most penalties at the end of the year.

ITT; Woe is me.

Bengalsrocket
09-28-2011, 01:40 PM
People do know that teams aren't entitled to the same amount of penalties? Someone has to have the most penalties at the end of the year.

ITT; Woe is me.

Every team, technically, could have the same amount of penalties. The problem is that, penalties are your team's own fault, just like incomplete passes and fumbles too. Some teams are worse about it than others.

And every now and then someone is going to get away with what should have been a penalty but every team gets that.

Raiderz4Life
09-28-2011, 01:42 PM

ITT; Woe is me.

That someone will be the reigning champion oakland raiders lol

diesel
09-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Wasn't really asking for the same amount but just found more than twice as many penalties odd. Oh well, 2-1 just the same...